LCD Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by etvolare, Feb 14, 2017.

1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, I was a little stunned that PGC doesn't have a LCD thread. I wanted to hop in and see what people thought of Ruyi releasing four chapters for Vday, but there wasn't even a LCD! >< The novel is getting a drama this year~

Just got up to ~70 chapters!

The synopsis:

Easily cowed and bullied, she was the useless, ugly woman with no talent in medical skills. Supported by millions, he was Tiannings most respected duke with the power to move all under Heaven. On their wedding day the bridal sedan was carried to the front doors, but the Duke of Qins gates were shut tight.

They told her, Come back tomorrow.

All alone, she walked step-by-step full of pride through the dukes doors. Little could they imagine, this unattractive good-for-nothing was a beautiful, genius doctor of poisons!

After transmigrating to the past, poisons expert Han Yunxi finds herself on the verge of being married off to the countrys second most powerful man, the Duke of Qin. Her future life seems set–except her husband is an unfeeling ice block, her in-laws think shes a eyesore, the empress dowager wants to use her for her own goals, and poison-related plots abound.

Alone, the intelligent (and sensible) Yunxi must carve her own space from the intricate web of court intrigue and the jianghu, relying on her words, wits, and wisdom to survive. Adapt when necessary, use force when required; to survive and thrive is the name of the game to a prosperous life.

No matter what, shell prove her right to live!

2. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Han is likeable MC because she has realistic values. Although she likes her revenge, she isn't unnecessarily cruel and doesn't demand the death of an entire clan for 1 person's mistake.

As well she adheres to the social system instead of shocking everyone by breaking social norms in ancient China etc. So I like how she's kinda obligated to accept the Emp Dowager's dinner invitation even though she really don't wanna.

Emmyy, anina, Mangochic and 4 others like this.
  3. yonna

yonna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems so good..i hope she kicks their asses in the end

4. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ruyi so focus at giving us spoiler she forgot LCD ;);):ROFLMAO:

wafflebeauty, BlancFrost and Ruyi like this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL too true, here's the link for newcomers who are interested:
    Going to use this post to make one of all relevant links!

NUF PGC Spoiler Thread:
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/poison-genius-consort.23754/

PGC Table of Contents:
    http://volarenovels.com/poison-genius-consort/

PGC Glossary (includes the Character Relationship Diagrams)
    http://volarenovels.com/glossaries/poison-genius-consort-glossary/

PGC Raws:
    http://www.xiang5.com/bookinfo/13333.html

Novelupdates page:
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/poison-genius-consort/

PGC Updates on reddit (same as NU, only sometimes with reader comments)

Also visit the #poison-genius-consort channel in volare Discord (link in my signature) for bonus PGC content!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay~! A LCD for PGC~! Thanks for the four chapters Ruyi <3 I can now binge read the ones I have stacked up o7

Ruyi likes this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Heeeey....wandered around the raws site today and just wanna give everyone a head's up. PGC was officially completed on 1/27/2017 (just one day before Chinese New Year!) by its author, Jie Mo, with 1370 chapters!

As of this post, 70 chapters or 5% of all chapters have been translated and published. Our unedited stockpile goes a little further than that, at 11%. The series translation debuted on volare around mid-November 2016; it's since been almost 3 months since then!

*rubs chin* Someone else can do the math for translation rates and etc. Heheh~

blee8 and Mangochic like this.
  8. Zhen

Zhen ~[Badass Butler from hell]~

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol took long enough to make an LCD.

9. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Yunxi, because compared to other MCS of similar novels, I feel she's slightly more relatable. All those other MCS that come from the modern world I feel like tend to be very cold hearted and ruthless, even if it doesn't make very much sense with their background. But, on the other hand, Yunxi has her moments of weakness, which I think are very cute and make her much more "human" of a character, adding a depth that doesn't exist is some other characters of similar stories. Just my two cents on the matter.

Moving on, I love how Yunxi just completely destroyed DYY in the herb finding competition.

Mangochic likes this.
  10. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay it is completed *throws confetti* Thanks for the information Ruyi~

*shakes head* Sorry can't help you with the translation rates~ *passes it to someone else* :whistle:
    Yes I agree, HYX isn't too OP and has depth as a character~ it is a nice to know she won't be easily bullied and can work her way through the conflict and come out on top.

She had a very relaxing day in the herb finding competition :ROFLMAO: no rare herbs can get past her senses~!

Alright on the latest chapter~
    More politics~! Poor HYX the Empress Dowager doesn't know when to give up, luckily HYX got a good meal out of it~ Talking in circles makes one rather hungry.

Mangochic likes this.
  11. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes! another thread to follow. thanks for the link/s. love this story. i wish i could help too, i'll just cheer you on. add oil!

12. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading up to the latest translated chapters, yay for new characters appearing. Pretty sure I can't remember her family members names but I guess I will just have to deal with that lol. I got to say though, the maid (Chen Xiang) is starting to become a favourite character of mine. The teaser for the next chapter was done well as usual Ruyi~

Ruyi likes this.
  13. Aiiee

Aiiee ▪ Akki's Fan ▪(´⊃ᴗ⊂`)▪ Sneaky ▪

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like Chen Xiang. She's so obedient and I like it when Han Yunxi pinches her like a little kid. :X3: Yunyi is so brave. What a pitiful child. I wish he doesn't get forgotten later on.

I like the teaser gifs, I get to look at pretty actors that I don't know(except for Chen Qiao En). My favourite teaser dialogues are the ones with Gu Beiyue. It's just so adorable. Thanks to the translator for the extra effort.:notworthy:

I like how the author is slowly softening Long Feiye's attitude towards Yunxi. It will build him a stabler audience, I think. I just want all the extra Feiye fangirls to go away for a thousand chapters or so. I neither like nor hate Feiye yet, but, with those women making things difficult for Yunxi my blood just boils. Why can't they just pester Feiye? Why does Yunxi have to be inconvenienced because of them? WHY?!?

P.S. I just noticed this LCD so I'm lumping all my opinions in one post.

Ruyi and BlancFrost like this.
  14. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I agree what what you are saying, I was pretty neutral towards LFY at the beginning of the novel. Neither disliked or liked him, didn't really bother me that he wasn't around to protect HYX from the big bad. But the slowly softening up of his attitude seems more realistic, not like an instant "bam" I fall for you at first sight. It is something more slow and worms deeper into his heart.

I do look forward to the development between the MC and ML!

P.S. Haha yeah the spoiler thread for PGC sees much more action. The LCD was only recently made too~

15. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    *stretches and lies on thread*
    Yah, everyone likes spoilers I guess. xD Hope you all caught the mini-foreshadowing in today's chapter, it was pretty subtle. If not then I'll quote it down here:

“Esteemed wangfei, this official was just about to come make his report, I didn’t expect you to come,” Mu Qingwu was surprised though he inwardly rejoiced. Fortunately, Liuyue was out with a friend or else she’d make another fuss with Qin Wangfei here.

Gee, I wonder who Mu Liuyue's friend could be :rolleyes:

Builds up from a certain talk in c85. I like little tidbits like these the most. While they're sometimes a little obvious, it's nice to see the author using consistency between her storylines. Whee~

BlancFrost likes this.
  16. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    *rolls into the thread after reading the latest chapter*
    Everyone does like spoilers but I do like reading the progression of the characters and the latest chapters as well \o/

The mini-foreshadowing was so mini I had to reread it.
    HYX family member...can't even remember the name :X3:
    They are checking the general's family members now, it usually is the people close to them that are able to do such things. Slow reacting poison? Definitely someone close. Just need to sniff out the culprit.

Oh and one more thing *throws confetti* Nai He~! *spins around*

Ruyi likes this.
  17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, yes! If he could be a little more grumpy and never smile, I'd peg him as a close contender for Long Feiye. After all, LFY's only 20 years old, and Yang Yang's pretty...young! (And pretty. But I digress.)

I actually made my own fancast of PGC once upon a time...that was lots of fun. >u< Really hard to figure out roles for the guys, though. Girls are much easier~

BlancFrost likes this.
  18. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm if he was more colder and didn't give those amazing smiles...heh Yang Yang would be a good contender for the role of Long Feiye. He is pretty...young *winks* I think there is going to be a live action drama for it? If they do end up making it, I hope they stick to the novel and not screw it up.

Oh do you have the fancast up? Or just something you did? It is hard to figure out roles for males, they need to have a certain air about them. Girls can be casted left, right and centre lol~

19. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I've been shuffling names around because I've been unsatisfied, but here are some visuals for reference. Rather than the actress/actor, I'm searching for a specific "look" based on whatever drama I've seen them in...

Spoilers are names of characters that haven't shown up yet, but that I have a mental image of.

Han Yunxi: Angelababy, Ju Jingyi (rumors has it she might be in PGC drama since the lead's from SNH48, her idol company) - a beauty for sure, different, unique
    Grand Concubine Yi - Leanne Liu - well-kept woman in her 40s
    Murong Wanru - Mao Xiaotong - someone weak looking, apt to fall over with a gust of wind, seems fragile and pitiful and lovable
    Mu Liuyue - Joe Chen - somewhat stubborn and headstrong, military family
    Empress - Janine Chang - devious in her own right, royalty/noble air
    Princess Changping - Qi Wei - spoiled and self-righteous, quick to anger, petty
    Duanmu Yao - Li Chun (or someone more 'celestial' looking like Liu Yifei except not quite as pure-ish)
    Mu Linger - Zhao LiyingZheng Shuang - spritely and energetic, smart, intelligent, cutesy but with guts
    3rd Madame Helian Zuixiang - Tong Liya (the ones where she looks older) - gentle and tolerant, always yielding, a bit weak, passive but with inner strength inside
    Chu Qingge - Wang Likun - another one of those smart and capable beauties but with a tendency to jealousy
    Baili Ningxiang - Gina Jin - gentle and resigned, but brave and steadfast, a sweet smile, used to pain

--

Long Feiye - a grumpier Yang Yang (??) lol, perfect features, cold, ice-cube face, somewhat celestial/refined/scholarly/aristocratic, young
    Tang Li - Chen Xiao - looks like a gentleman up to the moment he opens his mouth, dresses in white, skilled and apt to blurt out his thoughts

....yeah guys are almost impossible for me to find. I know the aesthetic but I can't find the right pics...

EDIT: Added descriptions for characters

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  20. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Their performance in dramas are what usually draw me in, if the drama's synopsis seems good I will try it out but if the acting is bad/doesn't suit the characters then it is harder to continue watching it.

Oh Mao Xiaotong would be a good fit for Murong Wanru. Even her character in Princess Wei Yang got me believing that she was good (still haven't finished reading that either...)

Grumpier Yang Yang \o/ Can't think of anyone else who would be a good fit for Long Feiye~

Ruyi likes this.