LCD Ore no Isekai Shimai ga Jichou Shinai!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by chencking, Mar 24, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Leon avoided the question~. Mommy elf asked why didn't I doubt him, and he answered why she faked doubting him~.

2. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's this about?......OP didn't help at all....

Astaroth likes this.
  3. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume it's a latest chapter discussion thread from what the tags are saying.

chencking likes this.
  4. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

maybe TL made a mistake?

full raw of that part
    「リオンくん、騒がしくしてごめんなさいね」

「それは構わないんですが……一つ聞いても良いですか?」

「何かしら?」

「俺の疑いは晴れたと思っていいんでしょうか?」

一週間ぶりに再会したアリスは、変わらず俺を慕っていると言ってくれた。

けど、ストックホルム症候群的な症状を危惧していたのなら、アリスパパのように疑うのが普通だと思う。……いや、あの反応はさすがにないと思うけど。

「実はと言うとね。私は最初から疑ってなかったのよ」

「……そうなんですか?」

「ええ、それならどうしてって思ったかしら?」

確かに思ったけど、思惑通りに聞き返すのは悔しいな。ええっと、俺を疑ってないのに、わざわざあんな面倒なやりとりをした理由?

逆に考えたら、あのやりとりがなければ発生した問題があるって意味だよな――と、一週間前の状況を思いだした俺は直ぐにその理由に思い至った。

「アリスのお父さんみたいな人を納得させる為、ですね?」

「正解よ。頼りがいがあるとアリスが言うだけはあるわね。これなら、安心してアリスを任せられるわ」

「……任せるって、アリスを旅に連れて行っても良いという意味ですか?」

「それもあるけど、今のはお嫁に出せるという意味よ」

「――ぶっ!?」

「お、おおおおっお母さん!?」

nope, everything seems in order :v except maybe this line? 頼りがいがあるとアリスが言うだけはあるわね

^ that line to me looks like she said that Alice told her she found someone (leon)to rely on, which is why she never doubted him in the first place @chencking

checking the sorenara line again, it feels like she's eluding to "so why do you think I put you in jail even though I didn't doubt you?", which would explain why he didn't answer her question

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  5. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, thanks for the RAWs. The TLer completely messed up on that bit~

6. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    so who else feels really bad for Leon's original fiance? would him getting married to Alice be considered NTR?

7. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel a bit bad for Sophia, but once her family slaughtered Leon's I no longer believed that marriage would happen. Even if it did, he'd just be locked up...

8. Yuu Kazuto

Yuu Kazuto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who would become a Yandere for Leon ? Who is that lucky girl I wonder :V

9. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] can someone tell me from left to right who are they?
    Spoiler: here[​IMG]

10. Upheaval

Upheaval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the blonde is the fiancee, the platinum is the step-sister and the pink is the elf.

11. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Claire, Sophia and Alice

12. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i kinda hate the way the author handled the scenes with Alice's father, the chief elf. Like their daughter was A SLAVE for who knows how long and everything about the reunion was more lighthearted and comedic than it should have been. The father was treated kinda cold, or a nuisance. Again, for comedy, i get it, but come on. That's a shitty way of doing it considering how much heavier the tone was before then. It just blindsided me, really. Felt like it didn't fit.

I mean yes he and the mother had doubts, but in that situation i'd have just jailed the kid even if he's only ten. Then interrogated him. Cuz they knew very well how the slave contract can make the slave subservient, fearful and attatched to the master due to an unconscious terror of pain if they displease them. They couldn't trust the daughter really liked him in that situation. So what was with that talking it out stuff? It was just solved kinda too easily. Too half-assed, if i wanted to be rude about it.

Like i know he didnt do anything to Alice, but she was a slave. Who knew what kind of things could have happened to her? Everyone just seemed a lot less concerned than they should have been. You cant introduce a scene like that, in that sort of situation, and breeze through it like that. Their daughter could have been raped or toturted for fun.

But they just seemed to ignore that, and were a lot calmer than one would expect, which kind of broke the realism of it. Yes, its fiction, a fantasy story with magic, but that dont mean shit. The emotions kinda seemed too fake when they shouldn't have been, thats what i mean.

There is a way that i would say this can be explained, like perhaps the girl having an item or magic placed on her that they knew would protect her if she was ever in danger. It'd be a stretch, but it would be possible that this is why they didn't seem as concerned as they should have been, safe in the knowledge that she wouldn't really be hurt. If something like that doesn't get revealed then i'd have to lower my estimation of the novel, because i really liked everything so far. Had a real sense of tension since the MC was really helpless so far, unable to do anything but use his brain to try and get help from another family who just ended up betraying him later on.

But regardless, even if that small plot hole is never addressed, it wouldn't matter much. Its just me nitpicking. Other than that part, it's a good story so far. Except for the part of her being a high elf, and him being able to learn magic like that--pretty convenient, too much if you ask me--everything else was fine.

chencking likes this.
  13. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    That's more a stereotype problem. Slave has taken on a completely different meaning in Japanese culture, and if a WN or LN used it accurately, he wouldn't be able to communicate with the readers, and rather than invent a synonym, authors prefer to just go with slave. For me, the idea of curing Alice of her slavery is in and of itself ridiculous. I do not believe one bit that a broken slave can somehow be repaired. That's why those such as Frederick Douglass, who survived slavery not just physically but mentally, are incredible.

PS: Why'd you use a spoiler tag?

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  14. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I used a spoiler tag because the post got really long. That's what i always do with ultra long posts. And anyway, not all slaves are treated harshly and some slavers even kept the slaves in good condition so they'd appeal more to the buyers. Not like they were all beaten or raped from the get-go. She may have not even been a slave long, and only really had him as a master, so she'd not have been treated bad during her time as a slave. So i dont blame the author for making her like this. So cheerful and stuff. Maybe he should have made her more pessimistic at the start, but that's all i'd complain about in that regard.

I wont say that all slaves should be broken just due to having been a slave. Slaves who went through real bad experiences, yes, it's a miracle if they can stay sane. But in this specific case i won't hold it against the author for making light of it.

Its just that the parents couldn't have known what happened. So i expected them to be more paranoid, worried, and resentful of a human boy, her master. I felt that they should have acted more hostile first and THEN slowly coming to calm down and accept things. Maybe be thankful to him for treating her well once all the misunderstandings were solved.

That's what i disliked. That their reactions felt too...you know. Unrealistic. Cuz everything up to that point was great, really well done and gave you a sense of urgency, of feeling that things might not turn out all that well. Then that part came up and i was disappointed by the execution

chencking likes this.
  15. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Well actually, the author glossed over it, but Alice has been thoroughly educated...sexually. And since she's virgin...it was through corporeal punishment or, god forbid, voyeurism. Also, no slaver kept slaves in good condition. The trip by sea alone would leave them barely alive and horribly dehumanized, and no owner would nurse a slave. The only slaves with any chance of good physical condition are those born to slavery, but he who is raised in servitude with no family is inherently broken, because servitude is the only life he knows. He lives and breathes, but nothing separates him from property, and even worse, he does not know of anything that sets him aside from property. It's unimaginable, but again, slavery is unimaginable to anyone who isn't a slave.

I agree the reunion felt dry. Unlike you, I expected them to have an emotional breakdown as they either fell into shock or burst into a torrent of tears, but I was equally annoyed when they started a boke & tsukkomi routine. It was like Alice got kidnapped, bought, and returned all in time for dinner. Honestly though, at that point, the way Leon fled the house had me prepared. The out-of-hand way he treated the Sfir family's betrayal...his father conversing in 2 distinct tones to Leon and Caroline as she is dying in his arms...the matter-of-fact way he just decided to stay.... I'm not expecting much of this novel emotionally. I'm reading it for the plot twists and light-hearted/heartwarming comedy.

16. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd expect she'd been educated like how it would be in a classroom. With actual teachers. Experienced slaves, i mean. As for the treatment of slaves, i meant more of how it's depicted in novels like these. I do havea good understanding of history to know how slaves in real life were treated. Although i wouldn't say that they were all treated so harshly. I always try to avoid generalities like that. I'm sure that some slaves were kept in good condition simply due to the fact that some slaves serves rather specific purposes. Though i do know that many wouldn't have been trated kindly at all, since there were many to replace them even if they died. I would expect sex slaves to be treated alright, if nothing else. Especially if they were a virgin. But of course not all among even them would have been taken care of, im not that naive. Slavery is...atrocious. Those born to it, i wouldn't know how that feel. I would think that they cant wish or really miss something that they never had before. But like you said, only a slave would understand. So i wont say much there.

As for everything else, yeah, i agree. I also thought they'd break down, at first. But i also thought they'd bounce back quickly and take the MC prisoner right after. Then the story would proceed how i spoke of earlier. Interrogation, clearing up misunderstandings, that kind of stuff.

And yes. The tsukkomi thing was the worst. As for the father, yeah that was stupid too. He should have taken care of his children instead of just wanting to die. Idiot. Poor writing, that. Since the story overall was good i ignored that part, but apparently there are just some things that will appear lackluster in the future. Maybe some can be forgiven, maybe some cant, in any case i intend to continue. I'm reading mostly for the incest. Cuz anyone who knows me understand that i love that stuff, heh

chencking likes this.
  17. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, yeah. I agree with everything you said about the novel. I just want to add one thing: at the time of slavery, it was a white man's world. "Sex slave" wasn't a thing because slaves were too...different. Many were forced to have sex, yes, but a slave with a specific role or skillset is humanized in a way slaves just...weren't.

And lol until you mentioned it I forgot there's hints of incest here. Claire just doesn't care one way or another, and with Leon's ossan tone the sibling relationship just slipped my mind <3

18. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    whelp. i kind of knew that would be how the villain of that arc would be destroyed. From 4-5 when the girl read his mind and learned what her family had done to the family of the one she fell in love with, that became a possibility.

chencking likes this.
  19. knighteem

knighteem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just asking. Whos the official translator. Rhex or novel&chill. I sometimes noticed a release of the same chapter. Except novel&chill came late and was removed somehow too...

20. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same guy. He began posting to both after migrating to novel&chill