LCD I am the Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yups, as JinVodka said, I believe that by working to create a suitable mana for Roan's Knigths unit he will be the commander of, Brian may actually unlock is potential by finding stuff about is own mana use. Should be fun.

JinVodka likes this.
  2. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that. Just because he will allow people to learn the mana techniques, doesn't mean that everyone will be able to successfully unlock and use mana techniques. I mean, I'm pretty sure that not every noble/knight within the kingdoms are mana users, so I doubt that every ordinary soldier/civilian will become one either.

3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey!

So Roan will get a contract or something?

4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with the magicians something?
    if it's mentionned then he will get them

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    With the water spirit who gave Roan the tears

6. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    could have used a bit of a proper lead in, had to reread and even go back a chapter to make sure this chapter wasn't from some other novel or something. still on the fence as for the implications, though. this novel hasn't really looked at the magic side of things very much, aside from it exists, and that people can use it like an aura to boost their abilities and help them fight.

7. Daoist Deux

Daoist Deux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's rather more focused on the war and politics for now.

Hopefully it will stay like this and don't go over the top later on with the magic.

8. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume that it's just because people with mana are rare. Doesn't mean it isn't a thing, or hasn't been a thing.

9. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting development in that latest chapter. Linking the Engineeners with the Mages and thinking a way to ad the Alchemists to the list. Also Brian barging in with the creation of Tale Mana Technic, I wonder if it will be compatible with water since it would fit the need for Roan to interact even more than now with Kinis.

Kali Owells is finally on the move just as expected with Count Chase. Roan is prepared mostly but is he prepared for them to act that soon. I am betting that he is and that the rebels or usurpers will be doomed. We know spies were planted among the Tale Baronny, but we also know that Agens is investigating everyone, particularly the personnel thanks to the mention of Clay possible promotion. Just how much does Roan know about them?

10. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Dying to know how Roan will stop Kali

Won't this be the first trial where Roan has absolutely no info about his enemies plot? Uptil now, he has been able to rely on his knowledge of the future and Clay's animals to collect info about what his enemies are planning.

11. Daoist Deux

Daoist Deux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's time for Roan to earn a defeat? I'm rather surprised he didn't put Clay to watch over Kali while he was in barony.

12. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By all the meanings tell me when the lake subjugation is done so I can stop stocking on chapters :eek:

13. Crow Slaying Vanir-san

Crow Slaying Vanir-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are three more chapters to just the lake subjugation, but the grand Count Io Lancephil arc on top of it will continue on for about 30 more chapters.

After that, there will be a minor arc and then the Mad Monarch arc.

14. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did Io not capture and execute his army leaders using his loyal troops or poison the wine at the end? Is it worth so much to bring the other count down compared to not having the war happen at all. Especially considering that our MC wants to protect the normal people he should not want the war.

15. Crow Slaying Vanir-san

Crow Slaying Vanir-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the story, Kali basically had control over the entire military of the county, including the guards inside the castle. Io was outnumbered, and there was no way that he could bring his troops inside the castle or overpowered Kali, especially since Kali is basically an elite knight.
    Also, Io and Kali never shared a drink in the current arc, and therefore had no chance of poisoning him.

16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im pretty sure the soldiers who were commanded by Kali is going to backstab kali...

Btw, Mad monarch arc is a sure thing. Without problems to the princes, theres no way Roan can be an emperor

17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you say this? Do you think it's because they fear him, or because they were bribed and joined the other Count's side, who ordered for his death?

18. justmehere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,

If I'm Roan, and I know 100% Kali is going to back stab IO... I would put a spy on Kali's army just to back stab him back....

19. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I find something like that unreasonable for two main reasons.

The first being, how would he be able to plant a spy and let it become part of Kali's inner circle in order to be able to kill him? I doubt there was enough time, not to mention that I really doubt Kali even really trusts his men, since he's simply ruling them through fear.

The second, and main reason, is Roan really the type of person who would assassinate someone? The most he uses spies is to gather intelligence and information on his enemies. He defeats them head on using justified means. He isn't going to be able to become a good monarch if he gains a reputation of using underhanded methods like assassination.

20. justmehere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i should say infiltration instead of spy.

In any case, i didnt say hes going to use assasination.