Spoiler Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The protag is an abandoned girl with a heart disease. MC is her twin but he was kept. Protag was pick up by a rich family, the father is a businessman, mom a violinist(?), and brother a pianist. This family had a little daughter before but she passed away due to some illness so they pick up protag so mom won't be sad. When MC took over (He went through this world before), he was picked up by the brother because "you are my sister's brother". No, the real reason is MC is adopted so they can use his heart for protag in a surgery. They arrived at the house, MC is dressed like a girl and they keep his hair long so he can sub in for protag at events and no one will notice.

MC deliberately said some stuffs to make protag suspicious and she check on the dad's computer and saw the heart match up thing. MC reasoned that, as long as she tell him to leave the house or anything close to that, he will save her. But the protag decided not to be a holy mother and ended up chicken and not say anything, sealing her fate, lol. One day, protag "invites" MC to play the piano, and wow, no beginner could play like that. The Brother accidentally heard it and took an interest in MC. From then on, brother started to play the piano with MC and being more affectionate with him, making protag jealous. One morning, while he was playing, 008 (007's upgrade) notified him that ML is nearby.

He ran out of the house and into the golf field. There was a man sitting on a wheelchair with bodyguards around him. MC pretended to take an interest in the ongoing golf game and ask them to let her him in. MC was staring at ML the whole time and somehow ended up sitting on ML's legs. Then, they heard a shout. The brother was returning from his teaching job at a college, he saw MC and ML together and freak out. He called MC to leave (btw, cuz of "adoption," MC's name was change, the pronunciation is the same as protag's though). They leave together. Watching their back, a bodyguard commented that girl should be the father's daughter. ML said that that body is a male and let someone go investiagte it. Day after, protag's fam received 2 invites to ML's party, 1 to the fam, the other to protag. Protag chickened out, ML is too scary.

Turns out, ML is the patriarch of the clan. I think he was illegitimate?. During the struggle to be the head of the clan, someone wounded ML and crippled him. He disappeared for 10 yrs, when he got back, he took back the clan head title and all those who plotted against him got crippled. During a party when protag was young, ML heard that brother is talented so he told him to play, brother refused, his piano are not meant for this kind of event. ML slammed the piano cover on his fingers, protag is terrified of him since then, brother also got some trauma when seeing ML.

So MC is being use as protag's sub, he wore a white dress. Brother complimented him. At the party, ML asked brother to play again, but:
    MC: Say, uncle, can I play instead? Brother say I am very good.
    ML: No way. (I want to hear it in private.)
    Father is mad cuz MC took away brother's chance to suck up to ML, mom is relieved since last time won't happen again, brother is displeased since he has previously warn MC to stay away from ML.
    ML: Well, I'll have MC accompany me then, you all enjoy the party.

MC is not used to wearing heels so he took it off and sat on ML's legs instead. They started flirting.

juanexbi, Fuyuneko, Selax and 8 others like this.
  2. Mystic Wonders

Mystic Wonders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The classical musician arc:
    Note: MC has lived this story before but he was in automatic mode/being controlled by the system so he already has knowledge of the events of the story,but confirms(?) it through the system.
    MC possesses the body of a recently orphaned country farmboy that is currently being taken to the house of a rich family. There, he meets his twin sister that has a weak constitution due to heart disease. The twin sister is the protagonist.
    He supposedly has a small constitution, is told to dress like his sister and has his hair style like his sister. His name is also changed. (This is because the rich family only wants him to be the heart donor of the sister. They intend to not let others know he was there so when he dies, it's easier to erase traces of his existence, thus not leaving traces of their planned murder)
    In his first try at this story, protag was innocent and didn't know of the family's intent and did not know who the donor was... And she tried to protest to using MC's heart to replace her own, but had a heart attack(?) and was hospitalized, the loyal butler then killed MC to save the protagonist. So the MC tested the twin sister, he gave signals to the protag about the cold attitude of the servants and other suspicious details that led to protag discovering MC was going to be her donor... But her fear of death won over her conscience and decided to keep quiet and act like she knew nothing of what was to happen to the MC. But she made sure MC was not seen by others and grew more frantic about him being her heart container.
    Meanwhile, MC showed talent in playing piano, thus attracting the attention of the older stepbrother of protag. The stepbrother was a great pianist and a fanatic of music so he appreciates people talented with music and cares more about music than people in general.
    The protag had feelings for stepbrother. So she became more jealous of MC for his talent and the attention the stepbrother is giving MC.
    One day, MC is able to go outside and looks for the ML. He finds ML and discovers ML is on a wheelchair and has a walking disability(?) due to an accident. ML and MC talk to each other(even with ML's bodyguards around them), but is interrupted by stepbrother. Stepbrother takes MC home before MC gets the chance to know ML's name.(BTW, MC was dressed as a girl in this encounter, but ML knows MC is a guy). Stepbrother advises MC to stay away from ML and doesn't tell MC about ML's name.
    The family, a branch family(?), gets invited to a family gathering by the head of the family(ML) and the name of protag is specially mentioned(The MC's new name and protag's name sounds alike... When stepbrother interrupted MC and ML, he shouted the name... Thus leading to ML's special mention of the name... Because he knows that MC would be the one to show up)
    Family is scared for protag due to the reputation of ML, so they think MC should substitute for protag... At the gathering, MC is taken away by ML and they talk. ML reveals he knows MC is a guy and MC should be careful around the family because of their plans, and MC says he knows their plans.
    Then, a music competition starts and protag should have attended, but they use MC as substitute. MC shows his great talent and the protag and mother feel pressured because afterwards, the protag needs to live up to the talent MC is showing using protag's name. Stepbrother is just proud of MC and becomes attracted to MC more. Due to pressure, the protag becomes worried and searched on the net about heart donors, she finds an article stating there is a chance the talent of the heart donor can be transferred to the one who receives it so she becomes obssessed with getting MC's heart(She would get the talent and the attention of the stepbrother due to the talent)
    ML tells the family to have the MC in protag's identity visit him in his house. They become closer and have their moments. Stepbrother becomes jealous.
    MC wins the competition and gets invitations from famous music schools. Protag is happy for "her" accomplishments and stepbrother becomes irritated/disgusted with her behavior because it is not really her talent, but MC's talent that has gained those invitations.
    MC is also asked to play in a national event in protag's identity. But he refuses and runs away, slightly saying something that hints he knows the plans of the family. He runs away to ML's house.
    The father of the family is not a musician and tells the protag if she can play in the event which would give him better connections(?). Protag agrees, but her talent is gone. Her obsession with MC's talent has replaced her love for music so she cannot play as well as before.
    Father and stepbrother goes to ML's house where they discover MC and ML plan to get married.
    So family decides to stop their plans about MC being the donor and just find someone else. When protag finds out, she accidentally reveals to the mother of the family that she knows MC was supposed to be her donor. Mother is horrified because MC was protag's last blood relative, but she was still fine with him dying.
    Mc returns to the house of the family, they plan to formally adopt him to give him an identity to marry the ML(?). MC gets knocked out by butler and taken to basement where medical facilities are ready for surgery. Protag decides to do the surgery on her own(using a video as basis). MC wakes up in time and kills butler in self defense. Stepbrother arrives in time to save MC, but sacrifices his hands to hold the knife held by the protagonist to give MC time to escape. MC escapes outside and calls the emergency line.
    Ambulance comes and the truth is revealed. The family is put on trial and jailed.
    MC and ML happily marry and ML has a successful legs operation.

Those are the important details... But corrections are welcome because this is based on mtl.

P.S. Anyone else feel bad for the stepbrother? At first, I even thought he could be ML... The chapter in his POV was a little heartbreaking...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Now I hope to be able to read this arc translated =) I wanna see the MC being described in his genderbender clothes and the flirting of him being on top of ML as well as his nice playing

kiara8 and Mystic Wonders like this.
  4. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, the brother POV was quite heartbreaking ;-; although in the original plot he's quite cold to the MC, but at the current time he's truly love MC and even sacrifice his hands (fingers??) to protect MC from the twin sister

5. Fantasy Lovers

Fantasy Lovers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Details about being light priest, the original plot pls

6. Mystic Wonders

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and the fact that he didn't regret saving MC even though it cost him his hands(his way of playing music) that he always protects... Add to that his thoughts of wanting to protect MC if he could start again from the beginning...
    The regretful pov chapter of arc 4 gave satisfying revenge... But the one in classical musician arc really gave bittersweet feelings...

Ichigocheesecake, Ashley123 and clear like this.
  7. Mystic Wonders

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: I will term the body MC will possess as "original"

Original plot of Light priest:
    Original was a priest raised in the church and he was to be the successor of his church(?), but he did not have much talent. He fell in love with the second(?) prince of the country he was staying in, and agreed to help that prince ascend the throne(The church has great influence in that country).
    Due to the spread of darkness or evil in their world, original, prince and head of church(?) were tasked to travel the world and spread light(?). In their travel, they met the protagonist, a light priest with great talent, and the protag joined their journey. The protag was able to charm the prince, the beast/goblin prince, chief/head of elves, head of church and even the main god of the world, the God of light.
    Original became jealous of protag because the prince paid more attention to protag, so original started bullying protagonist. The harem found out and became angry. They excommunicated the original and threw him from a cliff where below is the realm of evil spirits(?). Original survives and vows to take revenge(?). In order to be safe from evil spirits, he never stops praying, wholeheartedly believing in the God of light. As time goes on, he forgets his revenge and vows to only devote himself to the God of Light.

Corrections are welcome.... I may have some details wrong due to mtl or incorrect memories XD

Ashley123, Ease, Kittsune and 4 others like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 is out, people!!! (*≧∀≦*)[​IMG]

Jess18, Ashley123, readerz and 2 others like this.
  9. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading the raws cuz I could resist since the newly released chapter 6 was quite exciting~ I'm reading 7.1 right now so I can't say anything beyond that, but here. Dunno if anyone else already elaborated since I kinda skipped over it all but oh well :x @alexfilia
    ZYS finds himself in a prison cell with torture instruments, body in pain. Same as the world from chapter 5 in that there are the three sexes of man, woman, and Ge'er (men who can have babies). The main lead seme and uke both have rebirth.

Before rebirth, the seme was the incapable ruler of the Great Yan Kingdom, only knowing how to tax by force and extort levies and enjoy luxuries, in the end his own brother raised up an army in revolt announcing himself as king, shooting him to death. The uke is a Ge'er, born in a general's family, master of pen and sword, initially, should have been sent to the battlefield to serve the country but because he was pretty, the incapable ruler took him into the royal harem. However at the side of the incapable ruler were countless scheming beauties, how could the blunt uke deal with them?

Seeing that he was growing more and more favored the joined hands to deal with him, killing his child that had just reached 10 years old (I think), he then lost emperor's favor and was sent the the cold palace but even so he is still loyal, so he didn't pledge allegiance to the new ruler like the other concubines, instead bringing the incapable ruler with him to break out of encirclement, and while hugging each other were shot by an arrow in the confusion, together both rebirthing.

Scum seme turns into loyal dog seme, lowly uke becomes cold and indifferent uke. They launch a counterattack and wreck a bunch of families, with ZYS in the body of the most wretched one, Qi Xiujie, born in super good family and because of his good looks he was doted on by the emperor, giving birth to a prince that became the crown prince. In the past life, QXJ's family was the first to surrender to Xuan Wang (King Xuan, the dude who rebelled), and QXJ's good looks allow him to be spoiled by Xuan Wang. After rebirth, emperor kill off Xuan Wang and the family's that had joined/surrended and QXJ is about to get beheaded tomorrow.

Yeah, I fking left you all with that cliff. I gotta finish reading first lol, I wrote this as I was reading XD

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Kittsune and alexfilia like this.
  10. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, let's continue a bit @alexfilia
    To get out of being executed, ZYS says he has a very important secret that the emperor needs to hear. Before rebirth emperor was incapable but after rebirth he's now a super suspicious tyrant and killing officials left and right if he doesn't like their looks, etc. ZYS, seeing that the emperor doesn't match the requirements as his lover, hypnotizes the emperor without worry, basically saying things like actually QXJ and his family is loyal while Gao Family (the family of the uke) are the ones who are wanting to betray the emperor. When emperor goes back to sleep, he has a dream of the past life how after death QXY cried over emperor, relied on his looks to get into Xuan Wang, poisoning him to death and killing off his children, finding emperor's last child to become the next emperor and then committing suicide to accompany the emperor.

Gotta go eat, maybe more later.

Kittsune, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    This suddenly dawned on me: the ML have greater spiritual energy than MC, so can't MC try to hypnotized ppl like what he did to emperor? And then like Cao Mo Kun, ML will break out of it.

Mystic Wonders likes this.
  12. Mystic Wonders

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess he could, but he didn't think of doing it... XD He just mostly looks for the traits of ML, and uses a kiss to confirm. (I like that this traits search method reinforces the idea that they know each other's habits and know each other well)

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, if I'm not wrong, in chapter 1, MC hated carrots, but why after that it turns into green peppers?

readerz likes this.
  14. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, I'm at 7.6 @alexfilia @kiara8
    After that first dream he had, the second dream the emperor dies mysteriously and after the death, the uke, Guo F, looks relieved, leaning on the shoulder of the emperor's brother Li Wang (Prince Li), who because of loyalty in previous life is currently treasured by the emperor in this life.

Of course, this plants the seed of doubt in the emperor's heart, whether or not Guo family, Guo F, and Li Wang are scheming for the throne and whether Qi family and QXJ are innocent as well as if Guo F and Li Wang have an affair or something. Slowly the doubt grows bigger, while he becomes pretty much completely convinced of Qi family and QXJ's innocence. He takes away the execution order, and with this seed of doubt in his heart sees the amount of power that Guo family and Li Wang now have, growing more and more suspicious. Because of his guilt toward QXJ, now pretty much convinced that Qi family must be innocent after thinking back on it and through QXJ's superb acting skillz, although he it says that it might not have love, he pampers QXJ out of that feeling of guilt, while in the eyes of Guo F he sees indifference and even resentment, making doubt grow stronger.

Meanwhile, ZYS requests to adopt a child, and he goes to adopt the sixth prince, Li Xu Dong, who was a devoted follower of the crown prince (Guo F's son) and Guo F in the original plotline. Because the emperor only spoiled Guo F and his son, the other imperial sons were really badly treated, LXD included. After he couldn't take it anymore and killed three servants, Guo F noticed and took him in out of pity, fostering a strong loyalty to the father son with LXD becoming the right hand man of the crown prince after that. ZYS sees that this hasn't happened yet and knows that LXD has talent so takes him first, fostering those feelings of loyalty before that.

Emperor was confused wondering why he didn't take in the 12th prince when Qi family treasure that prince so well, and his eunuch was like the 12th prince died... and emperor was like WHAT and the eunuch have to explain that while the fifth prince, crown prince, had been poisoned, emperor called for all the royal doctors, but at the same time 12th prince had a cold and passed away. Emperor hearing this felt afraid thinking an imperial son died just like that, then what about him, the emperor? and he remembers his dream in which he died.

As for LXD, once he had come under ZYS's wing he couldn't stand the slaves anymore and was about to whip them to death like he did in the original time line but was punished by ZYS and he's all thinking was what ZYS said about protecting me all a lie? etc. but then ZYS is explains why LXD was wrong and how his actions were stupid, saying that the master is right the slaves are wrong, the difference in status is big, no need to dirty your own hands and just pin a random crime on them and sentence them to death otherwise you'll just dirty your own reputation, and the second wrong was being too impatient and letting others try and drive a wedge between their father/son relationship, after which ZYS sentences those servants to death by caning, causing LXD's admiration and loyalty to grow even stronger

Meanwhile Guo F go find the emperor like did you hear that those servants sentence to death for no reason? and emperor is like was it really no reason, I'm sure you know how they treated the sixth prince, and emperor watches Guo F's reaction, which is to stay silent, so emperor is disappointed thinking how Guo F was once righteous and good and pure and whatever but now he's so cold, indifferent, scheming, and thinking about it the cause is actually himself, the emperor. he also sees that along with indifference and hate in Guo F's eyes, there seems to be a trace of ambition, which emperor is like no that must just be me imagining things, but he still feels shaken.
    Anyways, I'll be continuing on, try and finish this arc in one go and tell you guys the rest of the details :>

Edit: Also Guo F ends up sent out as a General against Xi barbarians

Kittsune, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  15. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh, LXD is too cute @alexfilia @kiara8
    So basically this part is all about our cute sixth prince. The chapter starts off with the crown prince, Li Xu Yan's, point of view about how he's so proud of his father Guo F who gets sent out as a general, thinking what other family's Ge'er is still sent out to the public, after all emperor father dotes on lord father the most (lord being the way that the male concubines are called), but then he feels uneasy since he can't figure out QXJ, first emperor father slaughters the entire Qi family but ends up forgiving QXJ in the end and even favoring him...

when LXD comes in with bruises on his face, that was from when ZYS was lecturing him about killing slaves, LXY is like that must be from QXJ's hand, it seems that I might be able to have a chance to rope in LXD and so talks to LXD in a friendly manner, who replies respectfully on the outside but is actually disdaining LXY and Guo F this father son duo on the inside thinking that they don't cast a glance while he was being oppressed only after he reveals his true bloodthirsty personality do they come to take to take care of him. He works hard during class and is flattered when a giant lunch box that ZYS made for him comes in, thinking ZYS skill in the whip (from when the slave punishment happen) is so good and he can even cook, what can't he do, type thing, basically worshipping ZYS at this point.

After class he goes back to the palace hall that ZYS and him live in, seeing ZYS in the sunshine there are a bunch of fancy words but basically he feels a little something in his heart thinking ZYS is so beautiful (awww) (but the prince is like 13...) and then when ZYS asks why he's here JXD answers that he has some questions about his homework, which is a lie, and when he asked ZYS is are you sure you really don't know, last night you seemed to have understood fine, and LXD is amazed once again since he really did understand and had the notes in his book, but at that time ZYX had only glanced for like a second but unexpectedly he had actually memorized it? He thinks that Guo F is praised as an unparalled genius but can't be compared to his lord father, and wonders why the emperor reduced QXJ to this state, thinking that his father must not be able to see a pearl when it's in front of his eyes, but as long as he knows his lord father's talents then that's enough AW SO CUTEEEE AND SWEETTTTTTTTT
    Sooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *fangirls* anyways, just had to share that uber cute moment, gonna continue.

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone, I reread ch 10 and got curious. Why did Light God wilted all the flowers? Because Joshua got pricked by a rose?

readerz likes this.
  17. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, it happened after Joshua got pricked, so maybe Light God angry and wilted the roses

18. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Up to end of Chapter 7.8 @alexfilia @kiara8 @Kittsune @Mystic Wonders
    Because ZYS was like don't worry and show off all your talent, I'll protect you, LXD is touched and as a result goes ahead and shows off his talents, causing the emperor to be satisfied with him and doting on him. It's to the point where he even kinda overshadows LXY, the crown prince, a bit.

Hearing this, Guo F comes over to teach an archery class to support his son, to which due to Guo F's pressure, LXD performs badly, causing the opinion of LXD to go down a little. When ZYS hears this he gets a bit angry and personally teaches LXD archery, to which the imperial guards that are deployed by the emperor are totally amazed by his amazing skills thinking that Guo F can't be compared to QXJ at all. Then ZYS and LXD have a little moment where ZYS personally teaches LXD in the position where he hugs his body and urghhhhh LXD is all I wish this could happen all the time type of thing.

Anyways, after ZYS leaves giving him homework, LXD's gentle aura completely becomes bloodthirsty, his previous lame archery skills going totally badass and imperial guards are kinda like damn this father and son duo are both incomparable talents that can't be compared to Guo F and LXY, in the future what sort of scene with Guo F and LXY have?

It moves on to how Guo F subdued the Xi barbarians flawlessly, causing much praise from officials, nobles, common people etc. Emperor schemes to burn and delay the army supplies so that Guo F will suffer a defeat to learn how it's much safer in the palace and won't leave in the future, ZYS receives this information and is like an incapable ruler is really an incapable ruler to sacrifice lives and the safety of his country for his own selfish desire to break off Guo F's wings, on the other hand, Guo F sends secret letters to his brother the head of the Guo family and Li Wang who then sneak out of the capital and gather supplies, with officials not daring to disobey and not even daring to report, but because emperor was cautious and had placed spies around Li Wang and Guo family after he started having doubts he was able to receive this information, feeling very angry and feeling no one puts him, the emperor, in their eyes anymore and that if Li Wang and Guo family really wanted the throne everyone would happily hand it over, as well as the fact that Guo F didn't ask him for help but rather Li Wang and Guo family.

He also pretty much is sure that Li Wang and Guo F have something going on from that, as well as Li Wang braving danger to go help Guo F. When Guo F comes back, literally all the officials are praising him and Li Wang, as if Guo F is a heavenly sent talent and emperor rages in his study how they talk about it as if if there was no Guo F then this emperor seat would have never even been his.

After this, in the imperial study where the princes are taking class, the nephew of Guo F is all boasting about Guo F's achievements and like saying how they should behead all of the traitors, which causes LXD to be super angry since he's obviously talking about QXJ, whose family was executed cuz of betraying the emperor but he was still pardoned. As a result LXD ends up injuring Guo F's nephew, banging his head into the table until he's unconscious and causing the kids father (Ge'er father) to run over to Guo F and demand justice.

Guo F knowing that LXD and QXJ are favored goes to ask emperor what he'll do so he goes to the palace halls that the two are in hesitates to go in only to hear QXJ scolding LXD, with LXD feeling wronged like how can that guy say things about you like this when Lord father's crimes have already been pardoned by emperor father, while ZYS says it's because his surname is Guo, and LXD feels even more wronged like my surname is Li, who cares if his surname is Guo, to which ZYS patiently explains that even the emperor has to be careful with Guo family controlling the officials and Guo F controlling the military and harem, and LXD is like is the emperor emperor father or Guo family, while ZYS sighs and says right now it might still be Li family but who knows about the future, anyways go bow and ask for apology from Guo family so not to bother the emperor, causing emperor to run off feeling a great sense of danger like even QXJ who is stuck in the harem all day can see the situation then what about the other officials and stuff, in the future the Royal surname really might go from Li to Guo, that absolutely can't happen.

After LXD bow in front of Guo F's palace halls with brambles on his back, but Guo F is unsatisfied and has him kneel on top of brambles until the next day and injuring LXD's knees and only forgiving him when his nephew wakes up without major problems. Afterwards the emperor scolds JXD, but actually on the inside sixth prince has surpassed fifth prince as his most favored, and he's thinking what will become of the Royal family if sixth prince becomes crippled after this, leaving on fifth prince and Guo family? Guo family already got rid of the 12th prince while the other princes are nothing like royal sons due to neglect, leaving only fifth and sixth princes as possible heirs.

19. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Dudadada~ to the end of 7.10 @alexfilia @kiara8 @Kittsune @Mystic Wonders
    The servant of Gao F receives a message to let Gao F go back to the Gao family home, to which he mentions the old lord grandma so Gao F is like okay let's visit and directly brings along LXY without notifying emperor. Emperor receives news along with the fact that Li Wang also went.

Afterward, emperor has lunch or dinner with LXY, who is like oh many these red fruits (I forgot what type of fruit they were) are so many, did you get more tributes, and emperor is like yes, you can have them if you like it. LXY put soy sauce on the fruit and mashes it up before eating, which is a way that Li Wang invented, emperor remembers that when he tried it out he wanted to vomit. An eunuch is like LXY's tastes are very similar with Li Wang, even his eyebrows resemble him more when they grow up, it truly is like they say how uncle and nephew really resemble each other, LXY can't understand the implications of these words thinking it's normal for blood relatives to resemble each other but emperor is like how he was wondering when Gao F and Li Wang even had the time to have an affair, so it was even from before, because Li Wang was loved by the empress dowager he could freely exit and enter the back palace, it seems that the child he doted on and favored is actually not his child but a bastard.

After this, he storms off in anger to QXJ;s palace hall, directly picking him up and going to have some XX and OO time with QXJ out of anger toward Gao F, LXD seeing this is totally angry even wanting to murder his father, but ZYS just hypnotizes the emperor to imagine sex scenes and comes back out calling LXD a fool but LXD is still kinda angry like you can't love emperor father anymore, he spoils Gao F and LXY so much, saying nothing when Gao F poisoned lord father, saying nothing when Gao family executed Qi family, etc. and ZYS is just like even being angry is spending too much effort, don't worry (cute moment~). After this, emperor wakes up from his dreamland of basically ravaging QXJ and sees how devoted QXJ is despite that, but also feels like he betrayed Gao F, all sorts of complicated feelings as he escapes and later rewards QXJ a lot of things.

There's a sentence about how emperor starts to put in action some schemes behind the scenes, and while Gao F is preparing to go subdue the North Yue barbarians, the old lord grandma (ge'er) matriarch or something along those lines of the Gao family passes away, requiring Gao family to go out of politics and see to three years of mourning. Of course, this means that Gao F can't go on his military expedition. Gao F's older brother comes to visit saying he should pretty much pillow talk emperor into excusing the three years of mourning, talking about how these days QXJ and LXD are threatening their position and they might gain the advantage if they aren't in politics for three years or what not, but Gao F is like no, the old lord granny treated us so well but you want to skip the three years of mourning for the sake of desiring power? and although Gao F's brother his reluctant he can only agree to put down the thought.

Meanwhile emperor is all disdaining them when he receives the information, thinking that Qi family had gone above and beyond obeying the rules of mourning when their *insert some important person in the family, not sure if it's also an old lord granny or what* died but here this guy is wanting to back out of it because of his desire for power, just how big is his guts, or what not.

Meanwhile, emperor has now allowed all the princes to participate in politics, so ZYS is asking LXD which place he wants to go to, to which he answers Ministry of Appointments or Ministry of Revenue, ZYS is like authority or money, you can only think of this two places? so LXD asks where he should go, to which ZYS says to subdue the North Yue barbarians, and LXD immediately doesn't want to because he doesn't want to leave ZYS's side, but ZYS is like no you have to go, don't think that the person who gets the throne is the one with the most power in the court, it's the person who controls the military, the person with the gun in his hand is the one who obtains the throne and he continues like don't say you don't want to be emperor, it's either us or Gao F's family, and Gao F completely hates us father son, don't think he'll leaves us alone just because he thinks you're crippled (from the kneeling on brambles thing, but LXD was obviously healed by ZYS, just that the both are laying low to let Gao F think that LXD is crippled), that's stupid, of course they will pull up all the weeds by their roots, and that he should be worried.

LXD is like of course he's worried, but he's even more worried leaving ZYS alone in the capital but knows that he can't be spoiled and so promises to go to North Yue and then come back after laying the foundations for his rise to the throne and how he needs to start fulfilling the promise he made about becoming his lord father's pillar and protecting ZYS (so cute).

LXY requests for revenue and the other princes all were either revenue, appointments, or ministry of rites, to which they get all their requests fulfilled, only emperor said no to LXD's request to go to North Yue with the troops. Gao F hearing this is disdainful, what can a cripple do, during war it will be the easiest to get rid of him secretly without anyone knowing, this is definitely a good thing for him, and so he goes to the emperor and says that LXD should go, pushes forward the recovered nephew, emperor has a private talk with LXD after which he finally agrees.

The war lasted three years, during which the Gao family henchmen were eliminated in succession, Li Wang was also implicated in some tax case that caused him to lose his position, while the always pampered fifth prince continually made mistakes that caused the emperor to scold him in front of the officials, while on the other hand the always hiding his talents seventh prince steps forward at this time. Wow that time skip though.

20. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o thank you!...what happened to the emperor at the end?....did the ml became the crown prince?

readerz, kiara8 and Kittsune like this.