Discussion Mahouka Movie

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Cosmic_, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TrueLiesLost

TrueLiesLost Seeker of The Lost Truth

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew about but the closest theatre to me was 7 hours away so I couldn't go.

2. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Bakerâ„¢]

Reading List:
    Link
    All the true Tatsuya fans know about it~

3. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    first time i heard.

4. CrossDaisuke

CrossDaisuke Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in japan and watched the premiere.. There was even a livestream of the voice actors having an interview and having fun instead of the usual commercials.
    As for the story, it's completely original and separate from the novels.. I think it occurs on a long break(maybe summer) of their second year.. New character and new epic self created op magic by our one true god

nkring likes this.
  5. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a continuation of the story. They probably shortened it into a movie.

She is kinda like the prince guy(the one Tatsuya fought but stronger) except she from America. They(America) want to know who the person that exploded the ship from far away with the massive explosion (from the tournament terrorist saga) was since such magic never existed and is very powerful. Blonde girl is sent as a spy then some side plot took over and became the main plot.

*From light novel, movie might be different (prob not)

Shance likes this.
  6. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omo! I didn't know this and its already august. Must find the movie with english subs

7. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    My name says it all

8. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the main plot was actually to capture the escaped American forces and to seize the one who was causing waves of trouble in the USNA. They sent the blond girl as a spy as they have narrowed down the identity of the new strategic magician to the Shiba siblings, as she is closer to them in age, she can infiltrate as an exchange student and observe them in school. The blond girl is also the leader of the USNA forces, infiltrating in Japan made it easy for her to search for the escaped traitors. (from what I remember from the novel)

9. zamornews

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't know they went to Japan until after they sent her.

She had a previous mission which was to capture the escapes but got re-assigned to the Shiba mission. The Shiba we're just a prime suspect. They only narrowed it down to their school. So they sent her as a student exchange since the government wouldn't let such powerful being in and let them be free.

The escapees we're causing trouble in America then moved to Japan. She only made the connection after she saw the similarities between the two cases.

The ones casing the big waves in the USNA didn't know they went to Japan at first. Shiba family head found out and contacted them.

PS. I read this a long time ago, before Yen Press got the rights and NU stopped linking the translation. So around 2-3 years. I can't remember everything.

Actually you might be right.

Either way this movie is where the plot actually starts getting big. This takes place right after the anime

The anime was just the prequel.

nkring likes this.
  10. nkring

nkring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, I also read this a long time ago and I'm just relying on what I think I remember, haha. Well anyway, we could just see the movie. *searching for the movie with eng subs*

11. leonkam96

leonkam96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It like 50-50, with half original and half in parasite spirit arc combined and introducing new chara.

12. tatsuya-shiba

tatsuya-shiba New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I drove to San Diego and saw both showings. The second showing a few days later was lousy. It started about half an hour late and then there was a pause of 20 minutes half way through. When they started it back up there was a huge gap they had skipped over. You'd think they would play the movie a third time but no such luck. Instead they gave out passes to see another move.

Anyways I've only seen season 1 and then this movie. I have not read any of the books. So when Lina was introduced in the movie everybody knew her. Except I had never seen her. How do I go about finding the missing books that fill in these details. In English since I don't read, write, or talk Japanese...

13. zamornews

Reading List:
    Link
    They might still have them on the mahouka subreddit. I have a bunch of the volumes in PDF format so I could read it on the move. I'll message it to you.

14. zamornews

Reading List:
    Link

story starts at "VOLUME 9: Visitor (I)".
    Sent you a link but i only have up to volume 13, ill try updating it since i also want to read it now

15. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genuinely interested in this!