LCD Talisman Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Awe 128, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
  2. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the MC? Synopsis only gave the background, but I it did intrigue me quite a bit...

3. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 5 - I'd be like wtf fam, you let people wipe our fam over a treasure. Sheesh. <3 Power.
    Also, losing 5 years of cultivation is pretty crap, it's plot armor that he didn't give up earlier. I mean if he had made slow progress and kept at it, I'd understand, but seeing no progress at all and to keep going for 5 years means you're insane i think.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  4. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    can agree with that 5 years no progress some part must have gone mental, but since he has a family it does make sense why he can't lose it

5. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Is everybody around treat him like a trash and arrogant young master look at him with disdain ?

6. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    So far yes, except his little brother, a neighbor lady and the lady's daughter. Oh and the guy he sells talismans to.

Ch 10 - Did Auntie just get pimped out for the sake Chen Hao? Anyway, I hope this Instructor Meng is a good guy.

Does his brother still have the sword Chen Xi got him? I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not.

How old is the MC? 14?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    This is good, will be watching.

8. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 31 - I'm pretty skeptical that the 30m tall rhino corpse would fit thru the door of their meeting room, but whatevs.

Also they are astonished he's also a body cultivator, while it said earlier body refiners were poor trash? so confused :confused:

ch 32 - three months later and none of those 30 survivors or 3 cultivators reported what happened to them at the hands of the Li family? really?! :eek:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  9. lc887

lc887 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was really weird. Also how old is this guy? Novels seems fun so far. Lots of cliches but well thats what we read these novels for :D

10. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's 14. I thought I read that his mom left when his brother was born and he was 2 at the time. And in some other chapter it mentioned his brother was now 12. I might be wrong thou.

I also am enjoying it.

11. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like quite a few ideas borrowed from Desolate Era (pretty much everything related to secret/personal inheritence/domain so far), also it somewhat reminds me of Spirit Realm (replace artificer with chef/talisman).
    Does not seem to hold much depth though. Reads OK, but so far is very generic.

12. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    You my friend haven't read enough Chinese novels. Otherwise you would know that Desolate Era itself borrowed those said ideas.

Man, I just don't get how the hell everyone attributes everything to IET (in other forum someone was saying that MW's Grandmist qi was inspired from Stellar Transformations ~_~). People need to do some research.

13. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enuff. Anyways, seems like another rehash/gathering of popular ideas from other novels. It's the start so not surprising. But does not seem that author will invest a lot of thought into plot.
    TLDR: BORING.

14. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost every Chinese webnovel is inspired from Chinese mythologies and the wuxia novels of previous decade.

For almost a decade there has been no new ideas in the xianxia/xuanhuan category (including the popular novels among us English readers). There have been very few novels which has done something new.

So the ideas and plotlines are almost same...the only difference is the execution of the said ideas. Whether a novel would be popular or not depend on the execution.

Wick likes this.
  15. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 44 - It happened in a previous chapter than 44, but Su chick asks for him to cripple his cultivation as part of the bet and all he asks for are three questions? C'mon. o_Oo_Oo_O

101that likes this.
  16. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the answer to those questions were obvious:-

1. Yes she's Guilty.
    2. Yes she's Guilty.
    3. Because Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top. She is scum.

17. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    She probably doesn't have anything directly to do with anything that happened, she just heard he was trash and was like "okay, I didn't want to marry someone I don't even know anyway". It's not her fault he's trash (trained for three years with no progress at such a low level) and there's no reason for anyone to believe that someone like that would suddenly not only jump some 5 levels in cultivation, but ALSO master movement, sword, and unarmed arts. It would be better to make that person give up on cultivation for his own sake.

But yeah, she's a bitch.

18. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 45:
    “You… You just wait!” Li Huai was in a sorry state as he crawled up from the floor, then he glanced at Chen Xi with a resentful gaze before rushing into Bloodbath City.
    :
    :
    “Why didn’t you kill him?”

“Killing him now is letting him off too lightly.”

:facepalm:*Totally flabbergasted*:blob_coughblood:
    Don't know why MC wants to create future problems for himself. Should just kill or destroy his cultivation and take away his spatial ring and sword. i hope this novel will not degenerate into another "Let's-see-how-great-and-powerful-the-MC-is" type of showcase story.

19. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the kind of story you wait until he bitch slaps the trash, yes, she's actually the trash, fiancee and pwns everyone. Then leaves to go on an adventure, (insert hobbit meme). That's when this kind of novel makes or breaks.

20. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I think MC's Mother's Clan put the Su Clan up to this as punishment for MC's Dad not "knowing his place".