Have you been mindbroken in a dream?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was the opposite......

You see in my dream several days ago...
    I had such a lovely daughter that I could proudly say, my daughter is the cutest in the world. Plus she is really smart too, even at her age she is really smart in biology and very interested in sea mammals, so I took her to Sea World or something where she could see whales pod in large aquarium pool... (wait how a whales pod fit in aquarium tank? Don't know? Dream logic).
    She even could converse in Japanese......
    Also, her mother is gorgeous, I'm glad I made the right choice to marry her and have this really cute daughter.

Then I woke up and realized the current reality...... I was mindbroken at the reality...

You see... I have a theory, that sometimes, dream was just a glimpse of ourselves (or someone who wavelength matched with us) in alternate realities or time... So to the alternate reality me who have a daughter that cute, リア充爆発しろ!

Lapin, mir, AliceShiki and 1 other person like this.
  2. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm...If I told mine that I have a candidate they would be laughing their asses off :blobsmirk:

3. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    Only once lol. :blobxd:
    In the dream, I went to a shop to buy a doraemon. Unfortunately, doraemon was out of stock but they still have Nobita. I laugh at the shopkeeper. Who would want a nobita lol. I also crying deep inside for missing opportunity to get a doraemon. Then, in a vivid dream state, I realized that it was a dream and I'll never have a Doraemon, not even in a dream. I was mind broken. I woke up then, half laughing, half crying.

Ai chan likes this.
  4. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah, once in a while i do get this kind of dream ( not a mindbreak though ) like twice/thrice a year.

Funniest one is somewhere around 3 years ago, one night i accidentaly slept, and my friend told me in my dream that there's a physics homework that i haven't gave to the teachers yet on my desk. It felt so real.

When i woke up the next morning, i took the paper that was on my desk ( without seeing the content ) and rushed to school. Later on before the school bell rang i found out that the paper i took was my drawings ( and i'm still thinking that the homework is real here, i just thought that i picked the wrong paper ). When the teacher came into the classroom, i panicked. I left the classroom, saying that i need to go to the toilet, and skipped class.

Later on when i asked my friends about the homework, they were like "Huh ? Homeworks ? Mr.***** never give any homeworks lol."

Ai chan likes this.
  5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but I've had lots of dreams where:
    - I was failing exams or college (damnit I'm not even in college anymore)
    - I'm late for work / missed the plane
    - I feel heavy and unable to walk
    - I sh*t in my pants for some reason
    - My parents did die in one though

Whenever I have dreams like that, I'm mad because they're both so depressing and boring. I actually had a horror dream once (ended with me on the phone line saying that everything was okay, then the 'camera' zooms in on the telephone line outside, which was broken), and an action dream in an apocalyptic setting. Now those I considered Good dreams because they were interesting.

A lifetime of boring failing exams / being late for work would be the worst nightmare imo. =_=

Ai chan likes this.
  6. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, that's like a terrible skin added over a game. Hotdog Zergs.
    But in my dream's case, it's more like this: So I have won and am the supreme ruler, what now... I know, lets open hotdog stands everywhere.
    It's like my dreams are better than me at coming up with western themed Japanese novels.
    Japanese Title of my Dream.
    ~ After Becoming OP, I Grew Board and made myself an RTS interface to take over the world, spread western culture by opening hotdog stands.

Ai chan likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... That is scary... Very very scary!!! >.<

I hardly remember any of my dreams, I remember one from my childhood in which I was in a car with my family towards somewhere... Then the surroundings became red and a werewolf started running after our car, he killed my whole family and I woke up a bit before dying.

That's pretty much the only one I do remember... I generally don't dream AFAIK, though I have a feeling I did dream from time to time, but I instantly forget the contents of it as soon as I wake up...

Ai chan's dreams seem very very scary though! Isn't there any way to avoid having dreams like that!? What if something really happened to Ai chan when you jumped through the balcony!??!?!! >.<

If they have this much of an impact on Ai chan, I think it's better if you try to find a way to avoid having them, or to at least avoid letting them have so much influence on you!
    I know nothing about dreams though, so I don't know if that's possible... orz

Ai chan, Razogul, mir and 1 other person like this.
  8. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not been brainwashed or had my mind broken. I did wake up once completely freaked out. Not sure what I was dreaming about though~

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What I usually do after having realistic bad dreams is instantly go back after I get up but this time with cheat codes. As long as I don't fully awake from the nightmare/dream its generally simple to go back. But since I retain some awareness of self I bring out the cheat codes and wipe everything out. (After doing this strategy, I never once had a repeat nightmare)

Ai chan and mir like this.
  10. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My dreams are usually very short, I'll dream for hours but it'll feel like it's only been 15 minutes in the dream, so any dream that is worth remembering happens so quickly and randomly that things usually don't make enough sense for me to feel like it is reality, and so it's very unlikely to end up in a situation like yours.

Sometimes I'll jump into a dream and somehow be able to vaguely read/hold all of the memories of the people nearby (while I'm invisible/etc like a ghost) which helps getting an interesting dream despite the time contraints.

One dream that affected me was when I was hanging around this one place by a lake (while invisible), and these two people show up and one has a 'love at first sight' moment while I was 'reading' them/taking in their emotions/memories, and I got very confused, because I accidentally was holding three different sets of memories and emotions all at once, and the surge of emotion was too much.

I woke up crying and feeling like I had fallen for someone, but I hadn't, it was that other person who had, it was just the feeling left without a direction, and it was really odd.
    It wasn't a mindbreak, but it messed with my head for a long time afterwards.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Ai chan likes this.
  11. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my bad dreams end with me dying, within a day or two. I never make it past 2 days -_-

12. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, reminds me of this one nightmare I had. It looked just like my mom but wasn't her, and then she choked me to death.
    Oh. That.... I once saw this amazing piece of art for sale in a dream, amazing enough that I felt like I was drooling, I really wanted to buy it! But the price was high, and I hesitated for a minute or two, and then I went to buy it, and the salesperson said it had just been sold while I was hesitating. orz
    *has had many ghost-self dreams*
    ... alternate reality me is a bored ghost? orz

13. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    as for realistic dream I sometimes experienced it but oddly enough when wake up I hardly remember anything other than I forgot something really important :sweating_profusely:, but getting wake up when die in dream is the only thing I remembered in my somehow realistic dream. well not all my dream end up as me got killed or die as for I often forget what I dream maybe because I never really paid attention to other that much :blobfearful:

14. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my family members died from drowning. I once had a dream where I was in a car with him and the car plunged into a frozen lake. I could feel everything.

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan knows how to avoid it, by not sleeping at night. If I'm asleep between 1-5am, there is a good chance I'll get one of those life-long dreams. I don't remember ever getting life-long dreams when I sleep at day time.

But it's okay. This is the first time that my dreams have had lasting effect on the real world. I can still remember that I used to hear his voice constantly in my head, but I can't hear it anymore.

In those cases when I did get defeated or captured in my dreams, I usually die pretty quickly instead of being brainwashed for years. There were some nasty ones but I need those dreams. They're the source of my inspiration.

I'm just thankful that Waiwai is not here. She'd probably think I cheated on her or something.

AliceShiki and mir like this.
  16. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I have some very vivid dreams. Honestly, it's gone to the point of living a lifetime there. When I wake up, I'm in a confused state for a few and then collect myself. "Oh...I was just dreaming." I can share one of my dreams I had before. Though it sucks that I remember vivid dreams....curse my mind. You can remember dreams but not peoples names! *Cries on the inside.*

So, when I entered the dream, I was in the grasslands. I was found by one of the villagers in a nearby village and was offered to stay with them. Of course, I accepted on their offer, however...they asked about my clothes. My response due to reading novels is "I got it from this traveler and then he left." They believed me and I started living there...albeit them being suspicious. After living there a while, I find out a couple things. It was like one of those Isekai novel situations. Fun right? I'm the main character...not. Otherwise I'd have a main character aura. Then there was a war. Of course, it has nothing to do with me...was what I thought. Unfortunately, their empire was looking for all capable people, men and women to fight for them. My response? "God damn it..." in my mind. Que time training and going to war, the empire sent a "hero party" to help us. I felt stereotypes were going to happen. Of course, the hero was a dense as a brick protagonist, it was otherwise a harem party. From what I saw, they all looked at me after I stared at them (My face is blank most of the time so yeah) and they glared at me. What am I!? A villain!? A few days pass and people start acting strange there...mainly my comrades. Ever since the hero showed up, I felt like their mentality changed...they kept on making trouble for the hero when they were nice people before. However...things changed quickly. After a few more days, the heroes harem comes to me when I'm eating in the field. I get the shit beat out of me because I know no magic. "The hero is stronger then you and we are as well. Know your place!" But...I'm an innocent bystander! Well...that was unlucky. I go back and hear my friends were...killed in the forest by a demon beast. I believe the harem killed them. So great...that leaves me with a few options.

A: Leave and go back to village. Off the list, they'll probably follow me and take me out like they did the others.
    B: Kill the hero and the harem in their sleep. Off the list, one of them would likely be awake at all times.
    C: Stay in camp and go against the demons loyally and avoid the hero and his harem. Let's go with this one.

With that in mind, I go back and sleep. Morning comes and I go eat, nothing unusual happens. However, when I see that hero, his personality looked like it...changed. I ignored it and kept to myself during the entire encampment. So, we start moving towards the demons territory. Should've been a breeze right? Nope...the hero apparently became aggressive in going towards women and the results...well. Let's just say I moved my tent very far away. A month later, we're finally at the territory, fun times. The hero has practically secured his bloodline and kept trying to find trouble with me. Me? I always walked away. No way in hell am I becoming cannon fodder. So, all of us are about to face the demon king. Only a few of us survived + the heroes group. They held back and never used their full strength...yeah, real bastards. All those men and women gone to waste. "Everybody...after we kill the demon king, we'll go back and retire!" Was my motivational speech. It got their morale up...the harem? They looked at me in disgust, oh well. After a amazing battle, the demon king is defeated and we're slouched on the ground, tired. "Phew...I'm never doing that again. Let's go back after we rest and get our rewards." After I say this, I confront the hero on why he got angry with me. "So...what kind of hostility did I direct at you? All I've been doing is avoid you and not get in your way. Is there a reason?" Response baffled me. "Because...you're a weakling and sent people after me." I look deadpan and sigh. Luckily, memory crystals were a thing and I sent it over to the hero. After he read through all my recorded memories, he crushed it. "So...I take it you still hate me even though I did nothing wrong." He nodded and I laughed. "Oh well, let's go back, I want to live out the rest of my life and have a family." After we walked a few steps, I smiled and brought out a teleport stone. Crushing it, we are brought to the castle. Of course, the hero gets rewarded splendidly and I get a shitty reward in comparison. I look up to the king and just smile and thank him, leaving the castle. All I got was being a merchant and enough money to start up my businesses. Due to my knowledge, paper making, printing press, and knowledge of future agriculture help my business. Making my life easy.

Now, you're wondering what happened to the hero right? Well...he got his bloodline spread throughout the harem, got the princess, and stayed in the castle. However...a mysterious death happens and the hero ascends to the throne. I remain silent and live out my life to the fullest. 8 years later, having several children and 1 wife (yeah, monogamous in medieval ages, bite me for my morals being in my dream) my family is known as one of the most upright and stable in the empire. What comes knocking to my door? The heroes harem. I ask my family to leave and they do so. "Please...sit down, after all the trip must've been taxing." Still being silent, they sit down and start spouting things that shock me. The hero exiled them for "being in his way" and had nowhere to go. I sighed and looked outside the window. "You noticed his change of behavior and his methods and done nothing about it. Aren't you just as guilty for not correcting him?" The reasoning was solid and I sighed after looking at their sad expressions. Giving them a key, I sent them to a manor to live out the rest of their life with their children that the hero said were "garbage." What a shame right? Overtime, all of them got married and had more children. The relationship as well has become from hostile to friendly towards me, changing their views. Life goes on and I'm at my death bed with my children and grandchildren. The harem enters as well with their children and grandchildren as well. I smile at them even though they're all tearing up and just usher a few words. "Live life to the fullest...trust in the right person." I pass away...waking up with a deadpan face. "Oh...it was a dream again. What a shame."

17. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    *Hmmmm* What if Waiwai whispers in your ear while your sleeping to influence your subconscious mind and convince you that you are hers and hers alone *nod nod*

Ai chan and AliceShiki like this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    >.<

Just be careful and try to avoid them if those things happen more often! It's okay if it was only this once, but the thought of being affected by it IRL is really scawy!!! >.<
    Go go wai wai! Make Ai Chan's dream full of fluffiness!!!! \(^^)/

19. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see... I understand... only one thing... in conclusion: Your avi answers everything the title of this thread!:blobsalute:

20. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well somewhat similar happen to my dream maybe,short story for 10 day straight i keep seeing the same dream where people that i know in real life become hostile than the physical & mental bullying happens , I don't want to see them in real life, cause at this point i am not sure is that a dream or reality.