[Guide] Some Small Tips to Enjoy ur Favorite Novel with EPUB

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Admiral_Mikan, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Mikan

Admiral_Mikan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys. In this thread, I want to share some tips about, how to enjoy your novel with EPUB extension. Before that, I'm sorry if my guide has a lot of flaws. I just want to share my own experience.

So to start with, what's EPUB?

TL;DR it's an extension for publication books that allows flexible customization for reader. With EPUB, no matter what ur monitor resolution, your book will automatically fit itself so reader can read novel easier with many devices, especially mobile devices, unlike PDF. I really like using my smartphone to read my novels, so using EPUB is a must for me.

So how to get EPUB for your favorite? Well, there are a lot of site aggregator that has EPUB download feature. You can pretty much google it, I can't share it anyways lel. What if you can't find such site? Make it yourself then!

[​IMG]

There are certain ways to make your own EPUB. I remember you can make EPUB like a pro with Calibre/Sigil, but what if you just want to get EPUB as fast as possible? Here's some tips for you.

1. If you want to download a bulk of chapter, find the TOC (Table of Content) page of the translator page, then copy its link, and paste it in WebNovelConverter programs. It's really nice program. You can even add chapter manually if the TOC is not up-to-date. You can check its program here. Don't forget to exclude some useless link like facebook / twitter / google in your download. Or you can use Chrome extension called WebToEpub. It works almost the same as WebNovelConverter. Tbh, I just found this app today lel.
    [​IMG]

2. If you can't find the TOC page, manually open each chapter link (from Novels Update) in each tab, then use EpubPress to download all tabs into single EPUB. To avoid crashing your browser or even computer, avoid opening too many tabs, preferable until 20 tabs for each download session.
    [​IMG]

3. To get the newest and updated chapter release, you can use Push to Kindle chrome app on the newest chapter page, then find the No Kindle Tabs, then click EPUB on Download articles section. I always use this to get my newer release since I'm too lazy lel. Btw, with Push to Kindle, you can change the novel title so it can show which chapter is that (some translators only use chapter number and chapter title, no series title)
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee this guide will works 100% all the time. Sometimes you will meet certain translator that somehow, disable their site to avoid their works get stolen, or at least, it will generate many gibberish text while using this guide. I understand their reason for doing that though, since they want to avoid their hard works just get stolen by stealer and monetize it. I suggest just give it up and read it online then lel.

Hope that this guide will help you, especially for those of you that really enjoy reading novel in mobile devices. Btw, I'm using Moon Reader in my Android Phone, since I always upload newer title/chapter in my Google Drive, then download it directly from my Moon Reader app.
    I made this thread solely for helping you guys to make your reading more enjoyable. Please avoid doing something disrespectful like selling ur EPUB etc. Always try to support the author when his/her works available in your country.

[​IMG]

Btw, is it correct for me to put my thread here?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Action, Slayerwolfx2 and Nino Sasou like this.
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm thanks?

but I already have the @Lovely bot? though

Lovely likes this.
  3. Admiral_Mikan

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really want to bother others that many though. Maybe it's still okay for couple titles, but what if it's hundreds chapters / titles? What about daily updates? Will you bother him everyday to make ur EPUB?

Not to mention this guide really emphasize on getting your EPUB as fast as possible.

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I just simply download HTML pages.

5. Duwei

Duwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank that's really helpful actually ;);):ROFLMAO:

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    you're downloading them one by one?

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, only chapters that I don't have time to read online.

8. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about MHT?

9. Admiral_Mikan

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't offer decent customization unlike EPUB + ebook reader. That web archive file, rite?

10. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, been using that for a long time.

11. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  12. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this thread will not disappear tomorrow.

13. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would it disappear?

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: Great guide! Thanks!

15. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah...
    Op made some effort explaining stuff
    Nice guide

16. sylarin

sylarin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread... Feels like de ja vu. I've seen something like this back then. Even the truck sama in the end was same. :hmm::hmm::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.