[rant] Somehow i "lost" the meaning of discussions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clozdark, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jastolus

Jastolus [Anti-Nihilist] [Captain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean. I am incapable of putting it into words, but I know your pain.

Also, I fid it that all of These Responses in the vein of 'These people are all stupid and humans are stupid and they just want...' are not entirely dissimilar to the ones you complained about. I feel like this type presuptiousness and General attitude is one of the fators in People stupidly hating on the Internet.
    This is exactly what OP was complaining about. You misread what he wants to say and attack him personally because of his supposed position.

mir, Rizase and Clozdark like this.
  2. MutsuKata

MutsuKata 『RO2's MG42 Operator』 『RS2's Loach Combat Pilot』

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing that made me confused when someone write a review on a light novel and said something like "oh that antagonist is so stupid","oh that group is so annoying",etc etc. I was like.... 'Dude? What are you complaining about? You are reading light novel. Ofc it's gonna be like that, a simple light weight reading material.'

Clozdark and kenar like this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of OP's problem with this is that it leads the TL to drop a series, due to perceived hate.

Clozdark likes this.
  4. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is difficult to put the main hero in a dangerous situation no matter what story you're writing. Normally the hero can't die, so they have to find a way out, but if you make it where they get out by the skin of their teeth it means the situation probably wasn't that dangerous.

I mean imagine you're reading a typical fantasy story, and the hero a knight is surrounded by monsters. If they fight there way out, then that means nothing, the situation was never dangerous to begin with because the monsters weren't that much of a threat. If the hero suddenly unlocks a special power to defeat the monsters, then it feels cheap, and people scream plot armor. If instead the author gives the player special weapon before hand, like a magic scroll, then it feels planned. Of course everything in a story is planned, but it still super cheesy when the hero finds something, and then immediately runs into an obstacle that can only be overcome with that something.

fuzor100 likes this.
  5. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    That's almost like an atheist and a believer discussing about religion

6. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am an atheist and I have a really religious friend (prays numerous times everyday and considers most of what is written in the bible to be true) and we have already discussed religion many times
    we just said before we started it "we won´t get offended by how the other views anything" and we never got any conflict because of these discussions

7. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you two are friends and decided to listen each other options but if it were two strangers ...

DiabolicGod likes this.
  8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a few religious debates, on youtube of all places, where it stayed reasonable, because all participants were adults about it. I don't think anyone "won" in those debates, but they did talk for some time without the childish name calling that comes out of most other discussions on the internet.

EnerHighwave and DiabolicGod like this.
  9. Humanitas Kindness

Humanitas Kindness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, not everyone in that discussion will be as toxic/repetitive as the majority and will be there to actually discuss things, so don't be afraid to join a discussion if you want to, just because people are like that...

Clozdark likes this.
  10. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    green part: this one incorrect
    blue part: there's a correct and incorrect part, at first i think they are not that pain to deal with,but the real pain is when my message fail to reach them.

what i see is the after effect of their repeat action which is can lead to downfall of the subject of their hate, and how it keep repeated over and over in many different thing with the same tragic result.

it's hurt yet this is the correct truth nothing we can do about this mistake.

you're mistaken and if you want to know the truth please check countrymage respond

what if at this point it just a pure insult?

i hope they lose all of their fingers before the stuff they bad mouthing ended first,but the reality say otherwise...

a little attention about this problem,and i am glad you put it by commenting about this problem in this thread.

what i am angry about this how successful they're killing the subject with their hatred.

this is what i scared,people always want to find the shortest path of understanding process by creating thing like tl;dr,summary,tropes,and stuff like that and when it all lose the detail it become bland and they hate it.

it's exactly like i said in the first post a discuss that end with silver lining.

thank you for understanding my rant.

the irony part is how their review have a high rating make people turn off from reading that light novel.

that kindness is unfair.... but i have to agree it's also one of the correct answer left.

Humanitas Kindness likes this.
  11. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Well idk, it's not much we can do about it, but ignoring them is best thing to do (IMO).its not worth wasting your own time with them.
    Of course in the ideal world, it would be best if those comments were removed, but there would have to be someone dedicated to spending time just for checking every comment. Big websites with a lot of novels could possibly do and some are doing that but I doubt every translator can dedicate time for that or find someone willing do it for them.
    P.S just woke up, i hope it makes sense to you what i wrote :D

Clozdark likes this.
  12. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not like you are entitled to see only things you enjoy :whistle:

Who told you that it doesn't? Some people claim CD is so great and tell that but I don't like it, shitty MC and so on. Nobody obliged to only tell something good or justified.

Protagonist happened to run into the scientist with a cure that happened to invent it just recently. Coincidence? Maybe yes and maybe not.

Forum is bad because it does not delete comment that brings nothing to discussion. Bla bla.

And they are right. It is your own problem that you are hurt by that.

It is sad but if the translator doing translation and expect only good comments that he is up to harsh awakening. It is general problem with the current fragile mentality. A lot of people do something and expect to be praised. If they are not praised - "that's hate speech". I remember got banned on some forum because I said I don't care about LGBTQ or whatever. "How dare you...". So since that time I don't take serious any hate comment and do whatever I want.

P.S. and then people complain that governments try to block something...Governments don't like you comments either, they are said and heartbroken:ROFLMAO:

13. LostArc

LostArc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Complaints or rants are a natural way for people to express their discontent with issues they have in life or in what they enjoy. Novels are a source of entertainment and partly why this community exists; accusing others for feeling entitlement will only derail it from being a rational discussion. It’s hard to not make comparisons to other novels or the real world, whether we like to or not and sometimes others are just more open about them even if expressed negatively. We all enjoy stories that are relatable to a point and when authors do a poor job convincing then complaints naturally arise. Complaining in forums or anywhere can be used to reassure ourselves or even vent our frustrations. I do agree that some complaints do not have much worth, but not all complaints are empty or without reason and can even serve as feedback. That’s why it’s important for the community to remember that most of what we are reading are web novels, drafts that are in need of revision, and written by most likely amateurs

14. Clozdark

Reading List:
    Link
    when you separate each part of comment without looking the whole picture,you already derailed from the main issue i was talking about,in case you question why i give a lot of space ,it is because i want people to read it more easily.

it's not that i rant about negative review generally that's why i explained with example and be more specific in the first post. The negative review become a problem when it's based by their overlooking the detail that explain the plot line, and they stubborn about their problematic review because the majority of fanbase agree with them and create chain of problematic negative review to the point the reviewed item get shutdown/losing lot of fanbase.

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm... I understand your troubles, but... If I am to be honest, it's a bit of a lost cause.

I don't feel like trying to reason with big communities, I don't understand how it happens, but sooner or later they become toxic, and I have better things to do than dealing with toxic communities.

My best advice is to try and put your points of view on smaller and tighter communities, because people care for each other and for people's points of views on those communities...

Like... NUF for example has seen a lot of growth recently, the community changed a huge lot with it. If you go to profiles and to games, you can still find the same old timers as ever and enjoy talking to them, General as well have the people that are actually involved on this community... On the other hand, on Qidian threads you see a bunch of haters that you never saw anywhere else and that can't be reasoned with... At some point you just stop caring about those and focus on the people that actually matter...

So... I think you should just give up in talking to people about this popular series you love, and move on to actual unpopular series, those at least have people talking and listening to one another.

Clozdark likes this.
  16. Clozdark

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the advice, it just the hardest part of it is to letting go the series that i love from the beginning and ended in the toxic way.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you need to let go of the series, just let go of the discussions! \(^^)/

It's kinda like playing LoL, you can try to actively play to the best of your capability, get frustrated at uncooperative teammates, being blamed for doing something that you know was actually a good decision, enduring trolls, fighting uphill battles all by yourself when everyone has already given up... Or, you can just look at it as a simple game and enjoy your time playing it without taking what anyone says or does to heart.

It's a matter of perspective, the more you're into it, the more you'll be troubled by what other people do or say... Forcefully disattach yourself a bit and try to look at it as a simple enjoyment, it will flow easily for you.

I don't think you should keep on being invested when you're starting to get truly stressed because of it. At least IMO.

Clozdark likes this.
  18. Clozdark

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a bit story about it,i once let go of the discussion of certain online game for a long time,and later i heard the news that the game going to end its service,somehow my heart cried and take it as it should be my responsibility to keep going back then,while i know it isn't my fault the guilt wound is painful, but when I tried to the bitter end the pain that my word can't reach is also painful,yet if i never be part of there it's very lonely,i guess i am very stupid,once again thanks for your advice i'm glad you type the word i want to read the most.

Anyway out of topic Somehow the LoL part it reminds me of this video

It's s a good motivation video

19. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    When there are other people involved you're always gna get idiotic people. That's never gna change. So I don't see the point letting them ruin it all for you~

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I can understand it for sure, when we get really attached to it, we want to do everything in our power to help it out... A shame it doesn't always work out in the end.

First time I got involved in an online community was around 2012 I think, it took me quite some time to enter it, considering I was playing the game since 2007 and all.

Still... Well, if doing what you can is actually causing you trouble, I think it's time to stop... In the end, one or another sensible voice won't be able to change what the masses do, so if it causes the end of the series... Well, there was nothing you could do in the first place, so you shouldn't feel bad about it... Although that's only the rational line of though! I know perfectly well that the emotional one won't follow like that! >.<

Just do what you think is right! I can't tell you what is best for you, but I do think it's better to take it easy and just enjoy it! Just make sure to not regret whatever action you decide upon!!!
    Hard for me to watch videos atm due to being on school's PC and not having wi-fi at home... *cries*