Novel Number Two Under Heaven

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by JustBeingBored, Oct 12, 2017.

?

Want more?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

68.4%
  2. Nope

31.6%
  1. JustBeingBored

JustBeingBored New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are familiar with this title, then you have probably read N1UH, one of my favs.

This is a one-chapter original with the same premise as N1UH; though it may not be as good, enjoy!

If people like it, then I will continue to write more just because I'm bored. I already have the next 2-3 chapter in my mind.

This novel will now be on RRL.

chapter 1
    Inside a beyond comparable luxurious palace where only the emperor of this universe was worthy enough to dwell, a middle-aged man sat on a throne with his emotional gaze glued at the young man in front of him.

“Tian Er, you will take my position and title as the Heavenly Emperor on the day of your upcoming eighteenth birthday.”

The young man named Tian Er frowned up hearing that he was finally going to take over his father’s position as the Heavenly Emperor, the ruler of this universe and all living beings within it.

Under normal circumstances, anyone would be overjoyed to become a king of any country let alone the entire universe, yet Tian Er was just not feeling that joy.

“Father, I refuse.”

His father frowned upon hearing his answer and replied within a heartbeat, “Who said you have a choice?”

Not hiding his dissatisfaction, Tian Er said, “Father became the Heavenly Emperor at 3 million years old, but why do I have to become one at age 18? There is no logic in that.”

Tian Er tried to reason with him. His father, Tian Xiang, took over his father who was Tian Er’s grandfather’s position as the next Heavenly Emperor at 3 million years old. With that logic, shouldn’t he still have a few more million years before becoming the next Heavenly Emperor?

A deep sigh resounded within Tian Xiang’s head, unknown to Tian Er. He did not want to make him take over his position so early either, but because of the differences between the two of them, he just could not swallow his pride and continue acting as the Heavenly Emperor known as the strongest existence in the universe when there is already someone above him.

“Also, father, only the strongest in the universe can carry the title of Heavenly Emperor, and I am clearly not as strong as you, so how can I possibly take that position? While I do not dare to take the title as number one under heaven, I will dare to take number two!” Tian Er added, but instead of persuading his father further, it had actually made him even more irritated.

This brat is still going on about being number two? He does not dare to take number one? Then who the fuck is going take that spot, me?! For what reason am I giving away this seat that I had only spend a few ten thousand years in which also happens to be the shortest time anyone has reigned as the Heavenly Emperor?! Tian Xiang cried inside his heart.

Tian Er was obviously aware of the fact that only the strongest within his Tian Family can aim to become the next Heavenly Emperor, so no matter who asks, he will deny being the strongest with all his strength. But would this naive plan work on someone like his father?

“There is no use in trying to fart your way out of this, Tian Er--- You will become the next Heavenly Emperor, and that has already spread throughout the Five Worlds and 15 Realms.” Tian Xiang was hell-bent on making his son the next Heavenly Emperor no matter what, even going so far as to already sending out invitations to every powerhouse in this universe.

On the 7th month of this year that had just started, the entire universe will celebrate Tian Er’s eighteenth birthday along with the beginning of his era---- the era of this universe’s strongest Heavenly Emperor to date and maybe forever!

Seeing how his father had already decided and that nothing will change his mind, Tian Er was already disheartened. Despite being so powerful, the number of times he had his own choice in life could be counted with just his fingers alone. Whether it be cultivation or just basic things in life, he had to follow everything the family had planned for him to the teeth. If not, not only will he be disappointing his family, it will even disappoint the most important figure to him in life; his beloved mother who would always spoil him and help him in times where he was mentally exhausted.

Unbeknown to him, a streak of tear fell him his golden eyes and slowly traveled down his cheeks, widening Tian Xiang eyes.

And Tian Er began speaking with emotion, “Father, when you told me to cultivate, I obeyed despite finding it boring to death.

When you told me to read and memorize the entire Heavenly Library, I obeyed despite feeling my mind getting hammered by the endless knowledge that I never wished to learn.

Father, you have never allowed me to leave this palace for the entirety of my life, and when I finally got that one chance to see the outside world, we came back the next minute--- but I did not complain.

Father, you said that the family would decide everything from my servants to my lifelong companion, and despite all I had in mind--- I still obeyed.

But now father wants me to take over his position as the Heavenly Emperor--- binding me even more?

Despite all that I’ve endured, I have never asked a single request from you, let alone disobeying your wishes. And today I ask of you to not restrict me with any more chains than the ones already suffocating me; is that too much to ask for?”

“.....”

Tian Xiang did not know how to respond to his son’s emotional request. For them to learn how to cultivate was like learning how to breath; it was essential in order for them to live. The knowledge he crammed into Tian Er’s head is also necessary when it comes to cultivating; without it, what will they use to protect themselves? Having no choice to choose his own servants and wife, Tian Xiang had also experienced it, but fortunately, his wife was already his childhood friend before his wife, making things a lot more comfortable for them. And as for confining Tian Er… He really had no choice even if he wanted to let his son roam free. If he were to let Tian Er leave the palace for all to see, then what had happened that one day where he brought him to a special event, all hell would break loose again.

And not far away in the same room as Tian Er and Tian Xiang, a middle-aged woman watched them with tears staining her luxurious robes--- watching her son, Tian Er, to be exact.

Unlike Tian Xiang, she already knew of the pain and solitude that Tian Er has been suffering since many years ago. And although she hated to see her own beloved son in pain like that, there was nothing she can or could do to relieve him of that pain.

With the fate as the successor to the Heavenly Emperor since the day he was born, Tian Er had both restrictions and expectations for him beyond what anybody can imagine. To become a successful Heavenly Emperor, one must have the strength, wisdom, and knowledge to stay in such a heaven-defying position, lest he will be will overthrown.

Tian Xiang suddenly sighed before speaking, and Tian Er closed his eyes, not showing the hope and many other emotions within his eyes.

“With the news already spreading like a plague, it is already too late for that. You will become the next Heavenly Emperor, and that is final!”

Tian Xiang stood up and walked past Tian Er who was still standing at the same spot, as still as a stone statue.

After Tian Xiang had left, the middle-aged woman who was his mother walked up to him and tried to consult him, but alas, for the first time in her life, she did not receive a response from him, breaking her heart even further. Even with her wisdom that was sharper than any heavenly sword, she was unable to comfort her own son at the most crucial time. While she may have been alive for many million years, she has only been a mother for a short seventeen years, an amount easily neglectable when compared. With nothing else working, she could only tenderly hug Tian Er from behind before leaving him alone.

Only after Tian Xiang and his mother had disappeared entirely did Tian Er finally open his eyes; and when he did, a mysterious light flickered deep within his eyes that was as vast and profound as the universe itself.

While I had kept this thought hidden deep within my mind since many years ago, I had never actually taken it to heart. But now… With his heart steeled and his decision made, a smile appeared on Tian Er’s face. With a turn, his robes danced alongside with his long, black hair that glittered as if countless stars were living within them. His golden eyes that seemed as if it could overturn this entire world with a mere glance blinked, throwing off the last drop of his remaining tear.

This Heavenly Emperor position that holds no meaning to me, the rules within this family that is heavier than any mountain in existence, the life as an Immortal, the identity as the only son of the Heavenly Emperor, this cage that I had spent the entirety of my life in--- I will be leaving it all behind the moment I leave this godforsaken family!

With the decision to leave the family fully rooted in his mind, Tian Er left the room, leaving behind the solemn atmosphere.

Inside his room, Tian Er had already begun to prepare for his leave. Because he didn’t know how long he will be gone for or even where he’ll be going at that, he has to make sure to leave behind no trace that will lead them to him.

“Snacks enough for a few hundred years, check. My collection, check. Clothes, check. Just-in-case things, check. Okay, it seems like I am finished with my luggage already. Now about my appearance…”

Suddenly, a thought appeared in his mind, and he nodded to himself. Touching his forehead with his finger, his frame started to shrink to the size of a child and his face distorted, changing into an entirely different looking face. With his current appearance, even if his parents were to stand before him, he was sure that they would not be able to recognize him from looks alone. With the worries of his appearance being recognized gone, all he had to worry about was his cultivation. With his current cultivation, even if he were at the end of this universe, his family would be able to locate his exact location before anyone can even blink.

I will have to seal my current cultivation and create an entirely new Spirit Core. Tian Er thought. And since he was already set on leaving, he did not hesitate to temporary seal his cultivation. Now with his cultivation sealed, the Spirit Qi within his body was gone, and things might get a bit dangerous--- That is if he did not have a Heavenly Physique. Although his cultivation was sealed, his body was still heaven-defying and can shatter stars with a mere flick.

My appearance is peerless, my luggage is good to go, and now with my cultivation sealed, they will not find me even if I am standing in front of them!

With everything prepared, Tian Er wasted no time before placing a piece of paper on his desk and shattering a crystal in his hand.

That crystal Tian Er had just shattered was known as a Universal Teleportation Crystal; within it contains a formation that will teleport whoever activated it to anywhere in this universe--- randomly. It was a rarely used treasure not only because of its rarity, but it was also a risky play. Who would want to use something that would teleport one to anywhere in this universe randomly? What if they get teleported into the stomach of some ancient monster? What if they get teleported into some forbidden area? With so much risk involved that was essentially gambling with one’s own life, nobody in the right mind would use it unless they were in a death-or-death situation. But this risky play was wagered by Tian Er just to leave the house unnoticed--- not that any of the risks was a concern for him.

And within seconds, the disappeared Tian Er has reappeared somewhere random in this universe.

Tian Er looked around with excitement only to be baffled the next instant.

“What the!?!?!?! Heaven, are you also not willing to let me leave this place?! Are you siding with that stinky old man?! I will fight you right here and now, you know!”

Tian Er had actually reappeared back into his own room! What were the chances of that?! Not knowing whether to laugh or cry, he took out another Universal Teleportation Crystal. Luckily, he had more than one. If not, he would have had to resort to tearing open void itself and teleporting with his own power, making a scene before he would leave and wherever he would appear.

With another Universal Teleportation Crystal in his hand, Tian Er glared at the starry sky before mumbling, “If I reappear anywhere this place, things will no longer be as quiet as now...“

And with a swift movement, Tian Er shatters the Universal Teleportation Crystal before disappearing from the room again.

“.....”

Many breaths of time had passed yet Tian Er did not reappear in the room or anywhere in this Central World--- one the of five worlds in this universe and also the ruler of the other four worlds that would orbit around it as if they were Heavenly Guardians!

chapter 2
    An hour had passed since Tian Er disappeared from the Central World, but the world was still oblivious to that fact. And it was not until another hour had passed before a servant came to look for him for his daily training. The servant knocked on the door politely with gentle knocks, but even after many knocks, there was no response.

“Your Highness? It is time for your cultivation to start,” said the servant, his voice with filled with respect.

And after a few more minutes of knocking, the atmosphere around the servant changed. Something was wrong, but he did not know what, and he cannot just send his Divine Qi into the room spying on him, let alone barge into his highness’ room without permission. Normally, his highness would come out after a few knocks, and sometimes even a few minutes later with a notice beforehand, but there has never been a single time where there was not a single response.

A sense of extreme anxiety struck the servant out of nowhere, something that almost never happens. Most of the servants within the Tian Family are powerhouses within powerhouses; meaning that they are the best of the best experts out there with most of them being even Gods! For a God to feel anxiety, it was definitely not a good sign. The servant who was also a god did not dare to break into this holy room that even his parents would knock before entering, so the only choice he had was to run for help!

Disappearing from his spot, the servant reappeared somewhere inside the palace within seconds. The place he had gone to also happened to be Tian Xiang’s private room. The servant knocked with respect along with a sense of urgency.

“What is it?”

A solemn voice resounded from within the room. It was Xiang.

“Your Majesty, this servant had gone to remind his highness about his training, but there was no answer even after many minutes! And then out of nowhere, this servant had felt a sense of anxiety, so this servant came here for directions!”

The servant spoke in a quick pace but smoothly, allowing Xiang to hear every word clearly.

Is that brat revolting? Xiang pondered for a moment.

“I will take care of it. Return to your previous duty.”

“Yes, your majesty!”

The servant bowed to the door before disappearing like a ghost. A moment later, Xiang walked out of the room with a frown on his face. It did not take long before he had arrived at the front of Tian Er’s room. And instead of knocking, Xiang just stood there thinking about what to say.

After a few more moments, Xiang’s mouth began moving, “Tian Er, there is no point in whatever you are trying to do. Even if you ignore an entire month’s worth of training, you will still sit on that throne as the next Heavenly Emperor!”

“....”

There was no response from the other side, but Xiang did not instantly drop-kick the door and instead continued to speak. “Becoming the next Heavenly Emperor may not be as bad as you think, you know? You will have to eventually handle business outside of the palace, so in a way, you are able to go outside, right?”

Xiang was just like a father coaxing his son after yelling at him. Although he may be tough on his son, he truly cares for him, which is another reason why he wanted him to succeed.

And still receiving no response, Xiang continued to speak for the next ten minutes until he also found something was amiss. With a frown, Xiang had finally decided to kick the door to Tian Er’s room wide open.

“He’s not here?!” Xiang just realized that he had been talking to nothing but an empty room, turning his face red from embarrassment. Luckily there was nobody there to witness this or he would have truly lost face.

“Where the hell did this brat go?” Xiang walked into the room, and the first thing he noticed was that the majority of the things that are supposed to be there were not. Where did his things go? Even his clothes were gone. It was not until a few minutes later that he had finally noticed the white paper on the desk, and upon reading the contents of that paper, the colors on his face drained as countless emotions emerged from his face.

Confusion. Bewilderment. Sadness. Disappointment. Regret. Self-blame. Anger. With all these emotions showing themselves, the expression on Xiang’s face changed every second as if he did not know which one to decide on.

<<Dear mother, father, I will be leaving the Tian Family starting today to wander this vast universe.

And about the Heavenly Emperor position; you can give it to Tian San, Tian Si or even someone not of the main branch for all I care, but I will not accept it even if you manage to find me.

Mother, thank you for taking care of me all these years. If it were not for you, then I might have already done this long ago.

Father, you stinky old man, although I hated the things you would tell me to do, I still understand your feelings and I do not blame you because they were all for my own good.

My absence, I do not blame you two. Instead, I blame the Tian Family!

As for whether or not I will be back… That will depend on fate and my mood!

Goodbye, Tian Er >>

With the paper in his hands, Xiang trembled nonstop before veins slowly started appearing on his forehead. With a heavy stomp, the Heavens cried and the Earth shivered as the entire Central World trembled from terror! And within the next second, a loud roar resounded within the entire Central World, throwing the unsuspecting people on the floor from shock and horror.

“TIAAAAN ERRRR!!!! YOU LITTLE BRAT!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS BACK TO THE PALACE RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!”

“.....”

Silence. The entire world was silent at this moment and the next few moments. Nobody knew what had happened, but everybody there was familiar with that voice. If it was not the Heavenly Emperor Tian Xiang, then who would it be?

“W-What in the name of Heavens was that?!”

“Who could possibly piss of his majesty to such a degree? Is he courting death?”

“Did you not hear the name of his highness, Tian Er?”

“I was so startled I was only able to hear a loud roar!”

“What could have his highness possibly done to anger his majesty?”

“Why the hell are you asking me?”

While the people of Central World gossiped that spread like a plague, a middle-aged woman was standing next to Tian Xiang with a worried and baffled face mixed together. She was just in her room trying to figure out how to comfort Tian Er when she heard Xiang screaming at the top of his lungs, scaring the living hell out of her.

“Dear, what had happened for you to get so worked up? Did Tian Er do something again?”

Instead of answering her, Xiang threw a piece of paper at her with anger, and that made her frown.

“So you’re throwing your tantrum on me now? Since when did you become so daring, dear?” Xiang’s wife smiled at him with a not-so-friendly smile, sending chills down his spine.

“Ah, my dear wife Xing Xing, you are mistaken! My hand had accidentally slipped!” Xiang began giving excuses to his wife, Xing Xing.

“Hmph, to get so worked up over a piece of paper, are you not the Heavenly Emperor? To scream so loud; what about your face?” Not waiting for an answer, Xing held the paper to her face to read it, but her eyes widened with shock the next instant with the paper slipping out of her grip the next.

Xing stood there, her eyes still staring at her empty hands, not daring to believe what she had just read. Only after many moments did she slowly turn her head to look at Xiang with a face telling him to wake her up from her nightmares.

But alas, even someone as powerful as the Heavenly Emperor could do nothing but slowly shake his head.

“N-No…”

The already dried up tears from Xing’s face was suddenly replaced with even more tears than before. The thought of her son leaving the family had never occurred even in her wildest imaginations, yet it had come true on the worst possible day ever! Still in denial, Xing walked towards Xiang with trembling legs, almost stumbling.

Watching her weak state that even he has never seen before, Xiang did not know what to say to make her feel better. Tian Er had suddenly left the family, and even if they did find him, would he be obedient enough to follow them back without trouble? And ignoring his wife who was shedding tears, the biggest problem right now was definitely the position of the Heavenly Emperor. With his only successor sudden disappearance, how will he handle this? The ceremony was still half a year away, but he can still cancel it anytime he wished. However, the position of the Heavenly Emperor successor cannot be trifled with. With Tian Er gone, who will replace him? Who will dare to replace him? Was he supposed to listen to Tian Er and get a Tian San or Tian Si to replace him? And that nonsense about getting someone not from the main branch was out of the question. No matter what everything was out of the question, so the only choice was he had to somehow find Tian Er and convince him to come back!

“Why are you so silent?! Our son had just run away from us, and you are standing here thinking about something as useless at finding a replacement?!” With her wisdom and experience with him, Xing was able to see right through him.

Xiang was baffled at her angry words, “What!? No way in hell was I thinking about looking for a replacement! Even if I plan on finding one, where the hell do I find another one?! You think someone like Tian Er can be replaced?! I was thinking about a way to bring him back!”

“And how are you going to do that?! Even if Tian Er wanted to leave through the front doors, who would be able to stop him?”

“But no matter what, I still have to bring him back, and not just as the Heavenly Emperor, but as his father!”

“Hmph, such confident words, let me see how you will handle this!” Xing wiped the tears from her face with her sleeves and turned around to leave.

“Xing? Where are you going?” Xiang was not able to fathom her actions.

“What? To look for my son, of course!” She gave him a straightforward and simple answer.

“How are you going to do that?”

“I will search every world, every realm, and even every single house in this universe if I have to!”

Xing’s answer dumbfounded Xiang. Since when has he heard such a naive and stupid answer coming out of his wife’s mouth? He cannot remember it because she has never said something like that before! This clearly showed just how desperate and serious Xing was in this situation.

“Wait… We have forgotten something grave because of this sudden situation…” Xiang suddenly realized something, and the nervousness within his voice was even more than when he had first read the paper!

Hearing his trembling voice, Xing also stopped her tracks; her face turned around to show him a similar look of enlightenment.

“T-Tian Er’s… Face…” Xing said, her voice trembled in a similar way to Xiang’s.

“I-If he walked around like that--- No, he shouldn’t be that stupid…” Xiang swallowed a mouthful of saliva as he spoke.

“Of course, he would not be stupid enough to walk around with his real appearance. But if he does by some chance, who will handle the consequences? Me or you? But since I taught him the most about common sense, the responsibility will fall on you!”

Not daring to wait any longer, Xiang roared, and his voice traveled throughout the entire Central World.

“With my authority as the Heavenly Emperor, I will grant anyone one--- no, two wishes as long as it is within my power---- if you can find my son, Tian Er! Wealth. Power. Status. Even joining my Tian Family Main Branch is possible if you find him! And along with that, all the resources you had to spend in order to find him will be refunded with interest as long as you are able to find his location that leads to us bringing him back!”

Tian Xiang’s words left the entire world in shock, some even thinking that they were dreaming. Did the Heavenly Emperor just put a bounty on his own son? What his highness did to allow such chaos to happen, they were all curious, but nobody dared to ask why.

And just as everybody thought there would be no more, another announcement was made that had not only shocked the world to its core, it had even ignited the raging spirits within all virgin maidens who had heard it!

“And if you happen to be a female who finds my son, I, with the authority being his mother, will give you an entire year’s worth of time and chance to make my son favor you! During the time period, I will allow nobody to interfere with your business, and if you happen to succeed, I will happily accept you as my daughter-in-law!”

With the words spoken by Xing Xing, it had awoken a hidden beast from almost every virgin maiden in Central World.

Who was Tian Er, son of the Heavenly Emperor? What had happened during that one time when he had appeared in public? Nobody would be able to forget such a chaotic yet exciting day!

chapter 3
    With the announcement out, the entire Central World was plunged into chaos within seconds after it had ended. Forget about the powerhouses, forget about the families that even Heaven itself cannot shake, even the Mortals had started looking for Tian Er!

Inside Tian Xiang’s room, four people was kneeling in front of Xiang with admiration and respect.

These four people were Xiang’s Generals, the strongest soldiers in this entire universe! Each of them could easily destroy an entire world with a mere sneeze, yet they lowered themselves just to serve as a General for the Tian Family. While it may sound unimpressive, the prestigious and status it comes with it was beyond what anyone can imagine. If one was a general for another family, the most power they would have is commanding the army; but being a general for the Tian Family that ruled everything under Heaven meant they can even change the landscape of another’s private land without warrant, and even if the victim was from a family only second to the Tian Family, they can only bite their lips and nod their head with smiles all over their faces!

“Do I have to say anything?” said Xiang, his voice stern and heavy.

“No, his majesty, but this one has a question,” said General Bing, one of the current kneeling four. “Does his majesty have any clues? Or is this a blind search?”

Tian Xiang held a paper in front of him and the energy in eyes dimmed. No matter how many times he read it, he still cannot get over the pressure and emotions the words from this paper held.

“He said he is going to travel this universe, so it may as well be considered a blind search,” said Xiang as he sighs.

While the four general had already expected that answer, it was still quite shocking to hear. Their obedient young master who has never created trouble had run away from home? The possibilities of something like that happening was zero in their minds, yet it had happened.

“I hope the young master does nothing too problematic before we find him…” General King mumbled, causing Xiang who heard it to tremble.

With his son’s almost nonexistent common sense about the outside world, there was no way he would not cause trouble. The only problem was when it would happen and how big of the impact it will be to them.

“Aiya, with young master’s face, I would not be surprised if we find more than one Tian Er once we find him. Young master has no knowledge when it comes to that kind of stuff after all, making him quite vulnerable,” said General Dong, turning Xiang’s tremble into violent shakes.

Crack.

The armrest to Xiang’s chair suddenly cracked, sending chills down the four generals’ spine. The other generals glared at General Dong with eyes that screamed ‘Are you trying to fucking kill us all?!’

Xiang stood up with trembling legs. Upon realizing that he might end up becoming a grandfather before even being aware of it, the urgency and dread in his heart increased by at least a dozen folds. Neither he or his wife had taught Tian Er about things like that because neither of them had thought that anybody would dare to trick him into something like that. But now with their supervision gone, how will they prevent someone from laying their dirty hands on their pure son?

Upon realizing his mistakes, General Dong tried to calm Xiang down, but it did not work out quite as he had expected.

“Your Majesty does not need to worry. Although young master may be a naive when it comes to common sense, he should not be naive to the point of getting tricked by some ignorant female, right?”

General Dong wanted to calm him down, but his words only made Xiang nervous to the point of coughing up blood!

“Brother Xiang!” The generals cried with alarm upon seeing Xiang cough up blood.

“You idiot! How dare you say such impractical things to his majesty! Have you gone mad because nobody had beat you for quite some time?! Good! Then I will beat some sense into you now!” General Bing and the other two began throwing punches and kicks at General Dong who could only smile bitterly.

While they were generals, they were also Xiang’s best friends and even had a brotherhood during their younger days. If not, would they have dared beat another general like brothers in an argument in front of him, let alone address him by ‘Brother Xiang’?

“Enough, you idiots!” Xiang yelled at them, halting their punches and kicks at General Dong. They have really not changed much even after becoming his generals--- not that he minded it at all.

“Dong, you are right! My son’s purity is currently in a dinner bowl among with other rice only waiting to get eaten! To lessen the chance of that happening, we must send out as much force as possible! Now that you already know, hurry up and get your asses out there! Have you all gone dim-witted because I haven't beat you for quite some time now?!”

Hearing his words, the memories of Xiang beating them before reemerged, and the four generals ran away with sweat flying off their forehead.

While Xiang was talking to his four generals, Xing Xing was also talking to her three most trusted servants who also had a sisterhood with her during the younger days.

“Sister Xing, the purity of young master is in grave danger right now!” said one of the three servants. Because of their history, Xing allowed them to call her Sister when nobody else was around.

“I know that! Why do you think I am so desperate right now?! I would not mind it if it were someone he loved, but does he even know what love is?! What if someone out there--- no, there is definitely someone out there who has wicked ideas about my son!”

One of the servants began sweating and mumbled, “W-What if young master accidently walks into the kind of place where women sells their body for money…?”

Hearing that exaggerated situation, the girls gasped with shock. As sisters, they were bound to overthink about the situation, making things sound worse than it should be.

Xing coughed up a mouthful of blood just thinking about her pure and innocent son getting dirted in such a place. And it was not only her; even her servants felt her nervousness. While they cared about the son of their fellow sister because of their friendship, they cared about him even more because of who he was to them! To these three sisters, Tian Er was not just the son of their best friend; he was also their innocent prince charming! For their innocent prince to have his purity in jeopardy, how can any female stay calm?!

“T-This situation cannot be prolonged any more than it already has; I will leave the rest in your care while I go and personally search for my son!” Xing declared before storming out of her room, and her servants also ordered their own servants to join her in the search shortly after.

Within minutes, the entire Heavenly Realm within the Central World was flooded with millions of soldiers from the Tian Family ordering people to touch a Jade Stone that would only react to those with the same bloodline, so no matter what appearance Tian Er had changed into, his blood would give away his identity regardless. Not only were commoners tested, but even people with well-known backgrounds got checked with no questions asked!

While the Heavenly Realm within the Central World was in chaos, an untraversable amount of distance away from there was the Eastern World, one of the four major world in this universe, an ordinary looking child around the age of ten had appeared out of thin air in a dark cave.

“Where am I?” Tian Er wondered as he looked around the dark cave.

The cave was empty with nothing but pebbles on the floor, and a white ring. Tian Er looked at the eye-catching white ring on the floor to find out that it was actually a baby snake curled around like a ring. This baby snake was pure white in every corner with a few pink spots smudged on its body, making it look even more exotic. And the moment Tian Er laid his eyes on the snake; he had instantly taken a liking to it. As someone who was always locked in his house, he needed to find something to do during his free time, and what he came up with was to collect things. He loved to collect beautiful things with an exquisite feeling to it such as rare jewels or even simple things like a cool looking teapot.

With collecting things as his hobby, he would request his servants to go out and find things for him to collect, and his servants would always come back with either extremely rare and powerful treasures or lovely herbs. However, even with all that, he did not find most of the things brought to him eye-catching, let alone store it in his collection. But every once in awhile, someone would bring him elegant yet straightforward things that would instantly steal his attention, and right now, this little white snake has done just that.

This white snake did not seem powerful, nor does it have a hidden bloodline; it was just a simple looking snake with skin like white jade and pink spots. And when Tian Er had suddenly appeared in its cave, the snake woke up to stare at him with caution. This white snake has been in this tiny cave for at least a few months now with its age not even a year old, and during this period, it would always have the same human pestering it every once in awhile, but it has never seen this child before.

Once the white snake opened its eyes to look at him, Tian Er’s eyes began sparkling even more. The light pink eyes this white snake has made him favor it even more. Extending a hand, he wanted to touch it, but the next second, the white snake jumped up and bit his finger with its tiny fangs.

Tian Er’s eyes widened at its aggressive actions, but he did not flinch and let it bite him. The white snake was surprised when the kid did not react to its actions and bit his finger thinking that he was only unable to respond in time or frozen from fear. However, the moment it's fang touched the skin of this child, it was shocked to find out that let alone tearing his flesh, it did not even scratch his thin looking skin!

“Do not be afraid, I am not here to hurt you.” Tian Er spoke to the snake in a tender voice, surprising the snake even more.

As if his words was coated by a magical effect, the snake no longer continued to bite him and only stared at him with its six inches long body frozen.

“My name is Tian Er, how are you doing today, little snake?”

Tian Er suddenly gave the snake a greeting, dumbfounding it. Although it was a baby and was naive about the world, it was still smart enough to understand human language especially after having that annoying human talk to it everyday, but it found his greeting to be somewhat awkward. Did this child expect it to return a greeting?

Seeing the snake not returning his greeting, Tian Er found it weird. Although he has almost never gone out of his house, there were plenty of beasts in his home as guardians, and each of these beasts would always reply to his greeting in human language. Even the newly born beasts were able to speak just after a few days after birth, so why couldn’t this snake speak?

“Did you not hear me, little snake? I said my name is Tian Er, how are you doing today?” Tian Er repeated his greeting, making the snake feel even more uncomfortable. And not wanting him to repeat it again, the snake decided to reply by hissing.

Hiss Hiss.

Tian Er smiled along with the hissing. Although it was a weird beast without the ability to speak, he still somehow understood the meaning behind the snake’s hiss.

chapter 4
    It has been a few minutes since Tian Er had arrived in this small cave, and the first living creature he had encountered was a weird beast that was unable to speak in his views.

“Little snake, why are you locked up in this formation?” Tian Er suddenly asked the snake.

Ever since he arrived, he had already noticed the formation around this small cave that would lock everything inside and would not allow even an ant to leave.

To leave his home that he considers a locked cage, he somehow ends up in a formation with its main purpose to restrict whatever was inside. His fate of being locked in whatever was quite strange, and even Tian Er found it laughable.

A formation--- also known as a bigger ‘Array’ are spells created by cultivators to either attack or defend during battles. However, formations are not only battle-oriented and have other uses in daily life such as increasing the chance of rain in a certain area or placing restrictions such as the formation around the cave.

The little snake was unable to speak, let alone explaining its current situation, so it just looked at Tian Er with a pitiful gaze. And upon seeing its gaze, Tian Er instantly pitied the little snake that was locked up in this cave just like how he was locked up in his home.

“You want to leave, right? Come follow me; I will tear apart this joke-of-a-formation.” Tian Er said to the snake, dumbfounding it again.

This child wanted to break this formation that has kept it locked inside this cave for many months? Why would he do that? Is he not related to that human? The snake had believed that this child was related to that hateful human who was responsible for locking it inside this cave, or how else was this child able to get inside the formation?

Seeings it's doubtful gaze, Tian Er said, “What, you think I am unable to tear down this formation? All I need is to breathe and it will break apart!”

“....”

The snake was even more dumbfounded now. Even if he was not related to that human, where was his confidence coming from? Although he was somehow able to get inside the formation, it was at least a dozen times harder to leave than to enter a formation!

Still seeing doubt in its eyes, Tian Er no longer spoke and walked to the entrance that was only a few feet away. He stopped a feet away before stepping outside to the sunlight because there was a near invisible wall in front of him that blocked his path.

Tian Er has never seen such a weak looking formation in his life and was thinking to himself that whoever had made this formation was making fun of the concept of formation itself. And with a not caring wave of his hand, the entire formation shattered like broken glass, baffling the snake that had been watching his every move.

A simple wave of his hand was able to break apart a formation that had kept it locked for months!?

Turning his body around, Tian Er spoke to the frozen snake in a calm voice, “You are now free to go; but before you do, I want to ask you something. Little snake, do you want to follow me? I plan to travel this world, but doing it by myself sounds kind of lonely so I want a companion. And for us to meet like this is fate; how about it? I can guarantee your safety even if heaven itself falls on you!”

The snake could only stare at him with wide eyes at his proposal. So this child also had the same thoughts as that hateful human?

Wanting to make the snake a Spirit Companion, that human locked it inside of this cave for months, and although it was restrained its freedom, that human did not treat it badly. That human had even given it tasty food and would talk to it in a tender tone, but because it was restricted, the snake refused to become a Spirit Companion for that human.

Spirit Companions are wild beasts that would form contracts with humans and grow together, gaining strength along with its master. Although it sounded convenient and all, the beast was still nothing but a mere slave to its master with its freedom stripped away entirely and cannot disobey the master. With such a harsh restriction, even stupid beasts would have to choose wisely if they ever wanted to accept a master.

Tian Er was patient and waited for the snake’s reply. He really liked this snake, so he wanted to make it his companion. But unlike what the snake had in mind, he only wanted to travel with it as a companion and not form a contract.

While the snake was hesitating and still pondering, a tiny dot flashed from the sky, growing larger every second. It was a human flying towards them on a flying sword. Since the moment Tian Er had broken the formation, the creator of that formation was instantly alerted and came to investigate.

Within minutes, the figure of a female was floating a few meters away from Tian Er and the cave. At first, the girl was surprised to see a child at where her formation had broke, but then she remembered the white snake.

“Who are you and why are you here? Who broke my formation and what about the white snake inside that cave?” The female questioned him with a severe expression on her beautiful face.

Being bombarded with questions by the beautiful girl, Tian Er looked at her with a weird expression on his face. She was obviously the one who had made that restriction formation, but her age and the Spirit Qi coming from her body was so little that he did not dare believe such a thing was possible.

“A Mortal?” Tian Er blurted out unconsciously.

As someone who used to live in the highest Realm within the Central World where Mortals were the minority, he has never seen a Mortal in his entire life and has only heard of characteristics from his father. Mortals are people without Spirit Qi in their body, meaning that they are not cultivators, but the beautiful girl in front of Tian Er clearly has Spirit Qi in her body which makes her a cultivator. Yet the amount of Spirit Qi in her body was so little it can be neglected in his eyes.

Spirit Qi are the main source of energy in this universe that both people and beasts would absorb into their body, making them cultivators. As a cultivator, they absorb Spirit Qi into their body, strengthening their body and granting them the ability to use god-like powers that Mortals cannot such as flying in the sky or commanding a sword to chop off the head of someone standing miles away.

And not only will cultivating grant them powers, but it can also even prolong one’s live to the point of immortality, becoming Immortals. With so much benefits, why would anyone want to live as a Mortal? That was because not everybody had the ability or talent to absorb the Spirit Qi in the air.

The girl trembled from anger upon being called a mortal by a child. She was clearly standing on a flying sword, so how the fuck was she a mortal?! Even blind people were not as ignorant as this kid!

“Who the hell are you calling a mortal?! Your mother is a mortal!” The girl had started cursing him, surprising Tian Er even more.

The curses this girl had just thrown at him in that second was already more than any curse he has received in the entirety of his life.

“Young lady, that is not very lady-like. Did your mother not teach you manners?” Tian Er said to her without any deeper meaning behind his words. He was genuinely surprised at this girl’s rude attitude.

“Fuck you! Who the hell are you to tell me what my parents taught me?! And answer my questions! Where is that white snake?!” The girl cursed at him some more before asking about the snake again. To her, the snake was more important than how her formation broke.

Tian Er frowned at her attitude towards him. Although he was not mad, it just did not feel comfortable being cursed at, especially not from a pretty looking girl like her.

Just as Tian Er was about to open his mouth, the white snake that was inside the cave finally came out. And when it did, it stared at the beautiful girl in the sky with nervousness. It had just released from her restrictions, but it seemed like it was about to be locked away again.

“Little snake!” Excitement and relief flashed in the girl's eyes as she was pleasantly surprised that the snake had not escaped yet.

The moment the little white snake came out of the cave, the girl in the sky dived towards it as if she wanted to catch it again. But when she did, the snake curled its body around Tian Er’s leg, halting her movements.

Seeing its actions, the girl frowned and said, “Little snake, what is the meaning of this? I had spent the last few months entertaining you and even feeding you rare herbs, yet you still refuse to become my Spirit Companion? Get away from that brat’s leg right now and just become my Spirit Companion already!”

And unexpectedly, the snake shook its tiny head at her proposal, refusing it.

The breathing pattern from the girl noticeably quickened. This little white snake that she has been desperately trying to make it her Spirit Companion was actually an extremely rare beast with the bloodline from the Jaded Snake, one of the the strongest snakes within the Qin Continent with a cultivation level of the Foundation Stage! And not only does this little snake have the bloodline of a strong beast, it was even a mutated one!

Normally, Jaded Snakes would have green jade-like skin, yet this little one has white jade-like skin along with some pink spots, making her fall in love with it the moment she saw it. And the moment she saw it was also the second she captured it. Although she could just forcefully make this little white snake her Spirit Companion, she did not and instead tried to persuade it with love. For six months straight, she would persuade and keep getting rejected, yet out of nowhere this weird kid shows up out of nowhere like a ghost and made the little snake favor him? If that was not frustrating, then she did not know what was.

“You little brat! Hand over that snake to me and I will forgive your rudeness just now!” The girl said to Tian Er who was baffled once again. When did he become the rude one? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? And while Tian Er was unaware of it, calling any cultivator a mortal was more than enough to boil their blood with anger.

“Who this little snake wants to follow will depend on its will and is not something I can decide!” Tian Er declared. He was not the type to force anything undesirable on anybody, even if it was a beast, he will respect its decision. “Little snake, I have already told you what I needed to. If you want to follow me, then not only will I keep you safe from rude people like her, I will also not restrict your freedom! I am not asking you to be my Spirit Companion, but my traveling companion! If you rather follow that girl, then I will not say a word and leave.”

Hearing Tian Er’s proposal, the girl also began giving the little snake her own. “Little snake, if you follow me instead of that rude kid, then not only will you get all the best food in this world, I will even awaken the Jaded Snake bloodline within you, allowing you to grow as much if not even more powerful than your ancestors! And even after you have become my Spirit Companion, I will not restrict your freedom!”

The little snake began pondering and would look at Tian Er and then to the girl on the flying sword back and forth repeatedly. It did not take long before the little snake started moving from Tian Er’s leg to his neck, curling around it!

If it was anybody else, having a snake curled around their neck would make them nervous even if it was only a baby snake, yet Tian Er stood there with a calm face. The snake curled around his neck, but it did not actually use any strength and just sat there! Its decision was clear! It will rather follow this kid as a companion than become the girl’s Spirit Companion and losing all of its freedom! Even if the girl said that she will not restrict its freedom, how can it trust somebody who had already taken away its freedom once? And the feeling the kid gave off was gentle and warm, making the snake feel comfortable when around him, so it actually enjoyed curling around him like a necklace.

The girl’s face turned ugly upon seeing the little snake curling around the kid with a joyful expression. Even someone stupid would be able to tell that the little snake had chosen to follow that brat instead of her!

chapter 5
    The beautiful girl trembled from anger, and the thought of wanting to kill this brat to snatch away the little snake appeared in her mind, but no matter how much she wanted to kill Tian Er, her morals did not allow her to actually kill him. Not only was he just a kid, but he was also just a mortal because when she scanned his body for Spirit Qi, there was not even a drop in his body, telling her that he did not cultivate and was indeed a mortal.

But for a mortal to call her who was commanding a flying sword a mortal, that did not seem right no matter how much she thought about it. And what about her formation? There was no way this kid was responsible for its destruction, so who broke it? And broken as in torn apart by force and not deactivated.

There are two ways to destroy a formation; it was either breaking it with force or solving the formation and deactivating it. And the thought of a ten-years-old looking kid forcefully breaking the formation made by a girl who was well-known for her formations was simply impossible even in a dream.

“Young lady, the little snake has chosen to follow me instead of you; you can leave now.”

Despite being cursed at by the girl, Tian Er still spoke to her in a respecting tone.

“Who the hell are you to tell me what to do? I will leave if I want to!”

The girl commanded her flying sword to fly closer to Tian Er before jumping off to stand a few feet away from him. Holding a hand in front of her as if she was asking for money, she said, “I am not leaving until you repay me.”

Tian Er looked at her with confusion. When did he suddenly receive a debt?

“You are the owner of that little snake now, right? The precious herbs I had fed it, the time I wasted here that could have been used towards cultivating, the energy I had spent on making that formation, and for playing with my emotions, you will have to pay back all these things I have done for your Spirit Companion.”

The girl said to him that had worsened his confusion. What kind of logic does this girl have?

“But it not my Spirit Companion,” he said.

“Hmph, it will be your Spirit Companion sooner or later! If you cannot pay, then give me that snake as your payment!”

The girl threw all reasoning out of the window trying to get that snake. With so much time and effort spent, who would be willing to leave now!?

Tian Er could only stare at this rude girl with wide eyes. How can someone so rude and unreasonable exist under this heaven? To encounter such a weird individual only minutes after leaving his house, Tian Er was not annoyed. Instead, he was actually amused! Experiences like this would be impossible if he did not leave the house, and he was sure that there would be many more entertaining things waiting for him in whatever this place was called.

“Young lady, would you ask Heaven to return you your time spend on cultivating if you were not able to breakthrough to the next stage?” Tian Er suddenly asked the girl a question she would have never expected.

Ask Heaven to return one’s time spent cultivating if they cannot breakthrough? What kind of question was that? If one cannot breakthrough to the next stage, then they can only blame themselves for their lack of talent and luck!

After realizing the meaning behind his question, the girl opened her mouth in anger only to keep it open without actually speaking for a minute. How is she suppose to rebuke his question? She simply can’t! No matter how unreasonable she was, she was unable to make any words come out of her mouth.

Not knowing what to say, the girl could only stare at the boy with a frown, and she inspected him closely. The boy was remarkably ordinary with nothing out of the ordinary, yet he was so ordinary that it could also be considered out of the ordinary! His features are neither below average or above average, but just average. His skin was without impurities and looked as if he has never broken a sweat in his life. The boy has no Spirit Qi inside his body, making him a mortal, yet the longer she looked at the boy, the more mysterious feeling he gave her.

Now that I look closely at his posture…---- The girl thought to herself as she realized his noble posture. Although everything about him was average, the way he stood was quite shocking for someone at his age. He was standing tall and straight with his head held up high as if he was a king. Such a posture was not possible to learn overnight or born with but something that was instilled in his body the day he was able to walk! She has seen many nobles and even kings, yet not a single one of them gave off a similar feeling to this kid in front of her.

Speaking of his mysteriousness, what was a mortal like him doing in the depth of this wilderness where numerous monsters roamed, let along being so clean with not a speck of dust on him?

“Who are you and what are you doing in this wilderness alone?” she finally asked him.

“It is proper manners to introduce one’s self when asking for the other’s identity,” said Tian Er.

“Give me that snake, and I will tell you.” The girl replied in a heartbeat. The stubbornness of wanting something without abandoning her morals was something the girl had learned from her mother.

“Then at least tell me where we are right now. What realm and world is this?” Tian Er said.

The girl made a weird expression on her face upon hearing that bizarre question. It was something not even crazy people would ask, let alone a little boy like him.

“Give me that snake, and I will tell you.” The girl repeated her last sentence.

“....”

Tian Er was speechless. Exactly how much does she want to make this little snake her Spirit Companion? Although it has a powerful bloodline of one of the strongest snakes in this continent, it was as normal as a regular snake in his eyes, definitely not something to be so desperate about if they ignored its unique color.

Tian Er could always spread his Spiritual Sense, an invisible power created by the strength of one’s soul to scan this entire world and find out where he was in a heartbeat, but he did not want to risk getting caught when he has no idea where he was teleported to by the Universal Teleportation Crystal.

Since the girl did not want to give him any information, Tian Er no longer wished to continue standing there and decided to look for other people.

“Where do you think you are going?!” The girl shouted at him upon seeing him turn around to leave.

“To find people who are willing to talk, of course.”

“Who said you could leave with my snake?”

Tian Er was speechless once again. He cannot tell her to leave, but she can tell him not to leave? What kind of logic was that? And since when did the snake become hers?

“Are you going to stop me then?” said Tian Er, his voice calm.

The girl looked pleasantly surprised at his words. A mortal like him dared to provoke her, a cultivator? Does he not know how this world works? The strong make the decisions while the weaker ones follow them!

“You are a brave one--- or are you just stupid? Do you not believe that I will slay you here and steal that snake from you?”

The girl ordered her flying sword into her grasp and pointed it at him with killing intent. She wanted to scare him and show him who’s the boss here.

Tian Er narrowed his eyes at her actions, but his face was still nonchalant.

“Young lady, to point your weapon at someone before knowing their strength is pure idiocy. If it were not for your soul, I would have already cut you in half--- even though I have never killed anyone before,” said Tian Er, shocking the girl.

The girl wanted to laugh at his words, yet she was unable to. A mortal like him telling her that he can kill her if he wished was a bad joke in her ears, but the sudden sharp aura around the boy had prevented her from laughing. And then there’s the weird talk about her soul.

“A mortal child like you is saying that I am underestimating you? Who the hell do you think you are fooling?”

The aura around the girl sharpened, and her Spirit Qi suddenly burst out of her body, causing her robes to flap around while throwing dirt everywhere. She was a genius cultivator at the Spirit Stage, tier 8, at the age of 20 and was respected even more than an elder in her sect, yet not only did her soon-to-be Spirit Companion get stolen by some mortal brat, but the same brat had also threatened to kill her! Never experiencing such a horrible day until today, she wanted to relieve some stress by beating this brat!

Seeing the girl explode with Spirit Qi that was almost nonexistent in his eyes, Tian Er did not know what to do. While he was not afraid to kill despite never killing before, there was no reason for him to kill her. She may have been rude to him and even pointed her sword at him, but that was no reason for him to kill someone as weak as her that could be considered bully in the eyes of others.

“You brat, since you are unwilling to pay me back, then I will beat you as a repayment!” The girl made up an excuse to beat him before pouncing on him with the sword in her hands.

With a smooth movement, the girl sliced the sword at Tian Er’s head, but she had no intentions to kill him and planned to change to the blunt side before it would strike him.

Tian Er looked at the sword aiming for his head in slow motion. It was so slow in his eyes it might as well be frozen in time. Shaking his head, his right arm disappeared for an instant before the sound of metal shattering resounded in the ears of the girl, lessening the weight in her hands along with dropping a mountain on her heart.

Not daring to delay even a second, the girl jumped back and slowly lowered her head to look at the sword in her hands.

“!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The moment her gaze landed on the sword, her face paled, and her eyes widened not only from shock but grieve as well. Her Blue Phoenix Sword, a High-Grade Spirit Weapon, had its blade shatter into pieces! Her trembling gaze went from the sword with only its handle now to the floor where countless tiny blue metal shards rest.

“....”

After confirming that it was not an illusion, the girl closed her eyes for a moment before looking back at Tian Er with flames burning in her eyes. How he broke a High-Grade Spirit Weapon as a mortal, she did not know nor does she care. All she cared about right now was getting revenge for her beloved sword that was bestowed upon her by her master.

“You stinking brat! All I wanted to do was give you smack on the head, not cut it off! So what need was there to destroy the sword that my master gave me?! Do you know how much that sword meant to me!? And why did you have to shatter the blade entirely?! Now let alone repairing it, I can’t even give it a proper burial! You might as well have killed me along with the sword!” The girl shouted, and her eyes started to moisten up. She really cared about that sword and was heartbroken when it shattered like glass.

Tian Er’s eyes widened upon seeing her cry. She was now blaming him for protecting himself? What kind of logic was that? He looks at her crying face and then to the hundreds of blue metal shards scattered on the floor. He started to feel bad for destroying something so important to her especially when he knew that the girl had no intentions of killing him, and because he thought that such a standard looking sword would not be that important to her, he thought it would be a reasonable punishment for her for attacking him.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Scarce, RTS and Zeraphin like this.
  2. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the idea but posting it on Royal road probably will get more views and better reviews

Lunnear likes this.
  3. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    is there going to be some snuf snuf in the future ? :blobnosebleed:

4. Kyuuketsuki

Kyuuketsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with writing something like this based on another person's work is that people will always end up comparing the two subconsciously. It's decent but in comparison to the original it falls short.

5. An0N

An0N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tian yi little bro ?

6. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to after writing a few more chapters.

7. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    If I write it, yes.

Well, I am already aware of that. Although I don't need to be compared because I already know the answer. Lol.

8. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not the same.....:blobpensive:

It just feels like a second rate fan fiction when compared to N1UH. It totally loses all of the things that made N1UH special. (Sorry)

I don't think I can fix the void that his departure has left in my soul...

9. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I though ur title refering to character from Against The God that yun che met...

10. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a novel called Number 1 under heaven?

11. Zeraphin

Zeraphin Local Aphrodisiac Dealer

Reading List:
    Link
    We(I?) want moar!

12. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Its pretty good actually. Is the MC is as ridiculously OP as Tian Yi or his title number 2 real?

13. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, there is. But sadly, it was dropped by the author.

14. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is basically a second Tian Yi with his first name changed from 1 to 2 (from strength to looks), hence the title. While this may be considered a fanfiction, the storyline will not follow the original and will only have a similar premise.

P.S. I have already spoken with BaiSiwa and he has already approved. The title and MC's name were also given to by him.

Sharudeis and Zeraphin like this.
  15. Sheenius

Sheenius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just to hard to life up to the expectation. This story has the exact same parameters, so maybe try to alter it a bit more. For example make a story of tians son who gets the same traveltime befor ascending like his father… or tians mischievous brother who has to take up the throne since tian is already away for 50 years and can't be found.

craz and Lunnear like this.
  16. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2
    An hour had passed since Tian Er disappeared from the Central World, but the world was still oblivious to that fact. And it was not until another hour had passed before a servant came to look for him for his daily training. The servant knocked on the door politely with gentle knocks, but even after many knocks, there was no response.

“Your Highness? It is time for your cultivation to start,” said the servant, his voice with filled with respect.

And after a few more minutes of knocking, the atmosphere around the servant changed. Something was wrong, but he did not know what, and he cannot just send his Divine Qi into the room spying on him, let alone barge into his highness’ room without permission. Normally, his highness would come out after a few knocks, and sometimes even a few minutes later with a notice beforehand, but there has never been a single time where there was not a single response.

A sense of extreme anxiety struck the servant out of nowhere, something that almost never happens. Most of the servants within the Tian Family are powerhouses within powerhouses; meaning that they are the best of the best experts out there with most of them being even Gods! For a God to feel anxiety, it was definitely not a good sign. The servant who was also a god did not dare to break into this holy room that even his parents would knock before entering, so the only choice he had was to run for help!

Disappearing from his spot, the servant reappeared somewhere inside the palace within seconds. The place he had gone to also happened to be Tian Xiang’s private room. The servant knocked with respect along with a sense of urgency.

“What is it?”

A solemn voice resounded from within the room. It was Xiang.

“Your Majesty, this servant had gone to remind his highness about his training, but there was no answer even after many minutes! And then out of nowhere, this servant had felt a sense of anxiety, so this servant came here for directions!”

The servant spoke in a quick pace but smoothly, allowing Xiang to hear every word clearly.

Is that brat revolting? Xiang pondered for a moment.

“I will take care of it. Return to your previous duty.”

“Yes, your majesty!”

The servant bowed to the door before disappearing like a ghost. A moment later, Xiang walked out of the room with a frown on his face. It did not take long before he had arrived at the front of Tian Er’s room. And instead of knocking, Xiang just stood there thinking about what to say.

After a few more moments, Xiang’s mouth began moving, “Tian Er, there is no point in whatever you are trying to do. Even if you ignore an entire month’s worth of training, you will still sit on that throne as the next Heavenly Emperor!”

“....”

There was no response from the other side, but Xiang did not instantly drop-kick the door and instead continued to speak. “Becoming the next Heavenly Emperor may not be as bad as you think, you know? You will have to eventually handle business outside of the palace, so in a way, you are able to go outside, right?”

Xiang was just like a father coaxing his son after yelling at him. Although he may be tough on his son, he truly cares for him, which is another reason why he wanted him to succeed.

And still receiving no response, Xiang continued to speak for the next ten minutes until he also found something was amiss. With a frown, Xiang had finally decided to kick the door to Tian Er’s room wide open.

“He’s not here?!” Xiang just realized that he had been talking to nothing but an empty room, turning his face red from embarrassment. Luckily there was nobody there to witness this or he would have truly lost face.

“Where the hell did this brat go?” Xiang walked into the room, and the first thing he noticed was that the majority of the things that are supposed to be there were not. Where did his things go? Even his clothes were gone. It was not until a few minutes later that he had finally noticed the white paper on the desk, and upon reading the contents of that paper, the colors on his face drained as countless emotions emerged from his face.

Confusion. Bewilderment. Sadness. Disappointment. Regret. Self-blame. Anger. With all these emotions showing themselves, the expression on Xiang’s face changed every second as if he did not know which one to decide on.

<<Dear mother, father, I will be leaving the Tian Family starting today to wander this vast universe.

And about the Heavenly Emperor position; you can give it to Tian San, Tian Si or even someone not of the main branch for all I care, but I will not accept it even if you manage to find me.

Mother, thank you for taking care of me all these years. If it were not for you, then I might have already done this long ago.

Father, you stinky old man, although I hated the things you would tell me to do, I still understand your feelings and I do not blame you because they were all for my own good.

My absence, I do not blame you two. Instead, I blame the Tian Family!

As for whether or not I will be back… That will depend on fate and my mood!

Goodbye, Tian Er >>

With the paper in his hands, Xiang trembled nonstop before veins slowly started appearing on his forehead. With a heavy stomp, the Heavens cried and the Earth shivered as the entire Central World trembled from terror! And within the next second, a loud roar resounded within the entire Central World, throwing the unsuspecting people on the floor from shock and horror.

“TIAAAAN ERRRR!!!! YOU LITTLE BRAT!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS BACK TO THE PALACE RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!”

“.....”

Silence. The entire world was silent at this moment and the next few moments. Nobody knew what had happened, but everybody there was familiar with that voice. If it was not the Heavenly Emperor Tian Xiang, then who would it be?

“W-What in the name of Heavens was that?!”

“Who could possibly piss of his majesty to such a degree? Is he courting death?”

“Did you not hear the name of his highness, Tian Er?”

“I was so startled I was only able to hear a loud roar!”

“What could have his highness possibly done to anger his majesty?”

“Why the hell are you asking me?”

While the people of Central World gossiped that spread like a plague, a middle-aged woman was standing next to Tian Xiang with a worried and baffled face mixed together. She was just in her room trying to figure out how to comfort Tian Er when she heard Xiang screaming at the top of his lungs, scaring the living hell out of her.

“Dear, what had happened for you to get so worked up? Did Tian Er do something again?”

Instead of answering her, Xiang threw a piece of paper at her with anger, and that made her frown.

“So you’re throwing your tantrum on me now? Since when did you become so daring, dear?” Xiang’s wife smiled at him with a not-so-friendly smile, sending chills down his spine.

“Ah, my dear wife Xing Xing, you are mistaken! My hand had accidentally slipped!” Xiang began giving excuses to his wife, Xing Xing.

“Hmph, to get so worked up over a piece of paper, are you not the Heavenly Emperor? To scream so loud; what about your face?” Not waiting for an answer, Xing held the paper to her face to read it, but her eyes widened with shock the next instant with the paper slipping out of her grip the next.

Xing stood there, her eyes still staring at her empty hands, not daring to believe what she had just read. Only after many moments did she slowly turn her head to look at Xiang with a face telling him to wake her up from her nightmares.

But alas, even someone as powerful as the Heavenly Emperor could do nothing but slowly shake his head.

“N-No…”

The already dried up tears from Xing’s face was suddenly replaced with even more tears than before. The thought of her son leaving the family had never occurred even in her wildest imaginations, yet it had come true on the worst possible day ever! Still in denial, Xing walked towards Xiang with trembling legs, almost stumbling.

Watching her weak state that even he has never seen before, Xiang did not know what to say to make her feel better. Tian Er had suddenly left the family, and even if they did find him, would he be obedient enough to follow them back without trouble? And ignoring his wife who was shedding tears, the biggest problem right now was definitely the position of the Heavenly Emperor. With his only successor sudden disappearance, how will he handle this? The ceremony was still half a year away, but he can still cancel it anytime he wished. However, the position of the Heavenly Emperor successor cannot be trifled with. With Tian Er gone, who will replace him? Who will dare to replace him? Was he supposed to listen to Tian Er and get a Tian San or Tian Si to replace him? And that nonsense about getting someone not from the main branch was out of the question. No matter what, everything was out of the question, so the only choice was he had to somehow find Tian Er and convince him to come back!

“Why are you so silent?! Our son had just run away from us, and you are standing here thinking about something as useless at finding a replacement?!” With her wisdom and experience with him, Xing was able to see right through him.

Xiang was baffled at her angry words, “What!? No way in hell was I thinking about looking for a replacement! Even if I plan on finding one, where the hell do I find another one?! You think someone like Tian Er can be replaced?! I was thinking about a way to bring him back!”

“And how are you going to do that?! Even if Tian Er wanted to leave through the front doors, who would be able to stop him?”

“But no matter what, I still have to bring him back, and not just as the Heavenly Emperor, but as his father!”

“Hmph, such confident words, let me see how you will handle this!” Xing wiped the tears from her face with her sleeves and turned around to leave.

“Xing? Where are you going?” Xiang was not able to fathom her actions.

“What? To look for my son, of course!” She gave him a straightforward and simple answer.

“How are you going to do that?”

“I will search every world, every realm, and even every single house in this universe if I have to!”

Xing’s answer dumbfounded Xiang. Since when has he heard such a naive and stupid answer coming out of his wife’s mouth? He cannot remember it because she has never said something like that before! This clearly showed just how desperate and serious Xing was in this situation.

“Wait… We have forgotten something grave because of this sudden situation…” Xiang suddenly realized something, and the nervousness within his voice was even more than when he had first read the paper!

Hearing his trembling voice, Xing also stopped her tracks; her face turned around to show him a similar look of enlightenment.

“T-Tian Er’s… Face…” Xing said, her voice trembled in a similar way to Xiang’s.

“I-If he walked around like that--- No, he shouldn’t be that stupid…” Xiang swallowed a mouthful of saliva as he spoke.

“Of course, he would not be stupid enough to walk around with his real appearance. But if he does by some chance, who will handle the consequences? Me or you? But since I taught him the most about common sense, the responsibility will fall on you!”

Not daring to wait any longer, Xiang roared, and his voice traveled throughout the entire Central World.

“With my authority as the Heavenly Emperor, I will grant anyone one--- no, two wishes as long as it is within my power---- if you can find my son, Tian Er! Wealth. Power. Status. Even joining my Tian Family Main Branch is possible if you find him! And along with that, all the resources you had to spend in order to find him will be refunded with interest as long as you are able to find his location that leads to us bringing him back!”

Tian Xiang’s words left the entire world in shock, some even thinking that they were dreaming. Did the Heavenly Emperor just put a bounty on his own son? What his highness did to allow such chaos to happen, they were all curious, but nobody dared to ask why.

And just as everybody thought there would be no more, another announcement was made that had not only shocked the world to its core, it had even ignited the raging spirits within all virgin maidens who had heard it!

“And if you happen to be a female who finds my son, I, with the authority being his mother, will give you an entire year’s worth of time and chance to make my son favor you! During the time period, I will allow nobody to interfere with your business, and if you happen to succeed, I will happily accept you as my daughter-in-law!”

With the words spoken by Xing Xing, it had awoken a hidden beast from almost every virgin maiden in Central World.

Who was Tian Er, son of the Heavenly Emperor? What had happened during that one time when he had appeared in public? Nobody would be able to forget such a chaotic yet exciting day!

17. Scarce

Scarce reaping my good karma

Reading List:
    Link
    you should make the mc in this story the son of tian yi lmao

Zeraphin likes this.
  18. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 3
    With the announcement out, the entire Central World was plunged into chaos within seconds after it had ended. Forget about the powerhouses, forget about the families that even Heaven itself cannot shake, even the Mortals had started looking for Tian Er!

Inside Tian Xiang’s room, four people was kneeling in front of Xiang with admiration and respect.

These four people were Xiang’s Generals, the strongest soldiers in this entire universe! Each of them could easily destroy an entire world with a mere sneeze, yet they lowered themselves just to serve as a General for the Tian Family. While it may sound unimpressive, the prestigious and status it comes with it was beyond what anyone can imagine. If one was a general for another family, the most power they would have is commanding the army; but being a general for the Tian Family that ruled everything under Heaven meant they can even change the landscape of another’s private land without warrant, and even if the victim was from a family only second to the Tian Family, they can only bite their lips and nod their head with smiles all over their faces!

“Do I have to say anything?” said Xiang, his voice stern and heavy.

“No, his majesty, but this one has a question,” said General Bing, one of the current kneeling four. “Does his majesty have any clues? Or is this a blind search?”

Tian Xiang held a paper in front of him and the energy in eyes dimmed. No matter how many times he read it, he still cannot get over the pressure and emotions the words from this paper held.

“He said he is going to travel this universe, so it may as well be considered a blind search,” said Xiang as he sighs.

While the four general had already expected that answer, it was still quite shocking to hear. Their obedient young master who has never created trouble had run away from home? The possibilities of something like that happening was zero in their minds, yet it had happened.

“I hope the young master does nothing too problematic before we find him…” General King mumbled, causing Xiang who heard it to tremble.

With his son’s almost nonexistent common sense about the outside world, there was no way he would not cause trouble. The only problem was when it would happen and how big of the impact it will be to them.

“Aiya, with young master’s face, I would not be surprised if we find more than one Tian Er once we find him. Young master has no knowledge when it comes to that kind of stuff after all, making him quite vulnerable,” said General Dong, turning Xiang’s tremble into violent shakes.

Crack.

The armrest to Xiang’s chair suddenly cracked, sending chills down the four generals’ spine. The other generals glared at General Dong with eyes that screamed ‘Are you trying to fucking kill us all?!’

Xiang stood up with trembling legs. Upon realizing that he might end up becoming a grandfather before even being aware of it, the urgency and dread in his heart increased by at least a dozen folds. Neither he or his wife had taught Tian Er about things like that because neither of them had thought that anybody would dare to trick him into something like that. But now with their supervision gone, how will they prevent someone from laying their dirty hands on their pure son?

Upon realizing his mistakes, General Dong tried to calm Xiang down, but it did not work out quite as he had expected.

“Your Majesty does not need to worry. Although young master may be a naive when it comes to common sense, he should not be naive to the point of getting tricked by some ignorant female, right?”

General Dong wanted to calm him down, but his words only made Xiang nervous to the point of coughing up blood!

“Brother Xiang!” The generals cried with alarm upon seeing Xiang cough up blood.

“You idiot! How dare you say such impractical things to his majesty! Have you gone mad because nobody had beat you for quite some time?! Good! Then I will beat some sense into you now!” General Bing and the other two began throwing punches and kicks at General Dong who could only smile bitterly.

While they were generals, they were also Xiang’s best friends and even had a brotherhood during their younger days. If not, would they have dared beat another general like brothers in an argument in front of him, let alone address him by ‘Brother Xiang’?

“Enough, you idiots!” Xiang yelled at them, halting their punches and kicks at General Dong. They have really not changed much even after becoming his generals--- not that he minded it at all.

“Dong, you are right! My son’s purity is currently in a dinner bowl among with other rice only waiting to get eaten! To lessen the chance of that happening, we must send out as much force as possible! Now that you already know, hurry up and get your asses out there! Have you all gone dim-witted because I haven't beat you for quite some time now?!”

Hearing his words, the memories of Xiang beating them before reemerged, and the four generals ran away with sweat flying off their forehead.

While Xiang was talking to his four generals, Xing Xing was also talking to her three most trusted servants who also had a sisterhood with her during the younger days.

“Sister Xing, the purity of young master is in grave danger right now!” said one of the three servants. Because of their history, Xing allowed them to call her Sister when nobody else was around.

“I know that! Why do you think I am so desperate right now?! I would not mind it if it were someone he loved, but does he even know what love is?! What if someone out there--- no, there is definitely someone out there who has wicked ideas about my son!”

One of the servants began sweating and mumbled, “W-What if young master accidently walks into the kind of place where women sells their body for money…?”

Hearing that exaggerated situation, the girls gasped with shock. As sisters, they were bound to overthink about the situation, making things sound worse than it should be.

Xing coughed up a mouthful of blood just thinking about her pure and innocent son getting dirted in such a place. And it was not only her; even her servants felt her nervousness. While they cared about the son of their fellow sister because of their friendship, they cared about him even more because of who he was to them! To these three sisters, Tian Er was not just the son of their best friend; he was also their innocent prince charming! For their innocent prince to have his purity in jeopardy, how can any female stay calm?!

“T-This situation cannot be prolonged any more than it already has; I will leave the rest in your care while I go and personally search for my son!” Xing declared before storming out of her room, and her servants also ordered their own servants to join her in the search shortly after.

Within minutes, the entire Heavenly Realm within the Central World was flooded with millions of soldiers from the Tian Family ordering people to touch a Jade Stone that would only react to those with the same bloodline, so no matter what appearance Tian Er had changed into, his blood would give away his identity regardless. Not only were commoners tested, but even people with well-known backgrounds got checked with no questions asked!

While the Heavenly Realm within the Central World was in chaos, an untraversable amount of distance away from there was the Eastern World, one of the four major world in this universe, an ordinary looking child around the age of ten had appeared out of thin air in a dark cave.

“Where am I?” Tian Er wondered as he looked around the dark cave.

The cave was empty with nothing but pebbles on the floor, and a white ring. Tian Er looked at the eye-catching white ring on the floor to find out that it was actually a baby snake curled around like a ring. This baby snake was pure white in every corner with a few pink spots smudged on its body, making it look even more exotic. And the moment Tian Er laid his eyes on the snake; he had instantly taken a liking to it. As someone who was always locked in his house, he needed to find something to do during his free time, and what he came up with was to collect things. He loved to collect beautiful things with an exquisite feeling to it such as rare jewels or even simple things like a cool looking teapot.

With collecting things as his hobby, he would request his servants to go out and find things for him to collect, and his servants would always come back with either extremely rare and powerful treasures or lovely herbs. However, even with all that, he did not find most of the things brought to him eye-catching, let alone store it in his collection. But every once in awhile, someone would bring him elegant yet straightforward things that would instantly steal his attention, and right now, this little white snake has done just that.

This white snake did not seem powerful, nor does it have a hidden bloodline; it was just a simple looking snake with skin like white jade and pink spots. And when Tian Er had suddenly appeared in its cave, the snake woke up to stare at him with caution. This white snake has been in this tiny cave for at least a few months now with its age not even a year old, and during this period, it would always have the same human pestering it every once in awhile, but it has never seen this child before.

Once the white snake opened its eyes to look at him, Tian Er’s eyes began sparkling even more. The light pink eyes this white snake has made him favor it even more. Extending a hand, he wanted to touch it, but the next second, the white snake jumped up and bit his finger with its tiny fangs.

Tian Er’s eyes widened at its aggressive actions, but he did not flinch and let it bite him. The white snake was surprised when the kid did not react to its actions and bit his finger thinking that he was only unable to respond in time or frozen from fear. However, the moment it's fang touched the skin of this child, it was shocked to find out that let alone tearing his flesh, it did not even scratch his thin looking skin!

“Do not be afraid, I am not here to hurt you.” Tian Er spoke to the snake in a tender voice, surprising the snake even more.

As if his words was coated by a magical effect, the snake no longer continued to bite him and only stared at him with its six inches long body frozen.

“My name is Tian Er, how are you doing today, little snake?”

Tian Er suddenly gave the snake a greeting, dumbfounding it. Although it was a baby and was naive about the world, it was still smart enough to understand human language especially after having that annoying human talk to it everyday, but it found his greeting to be somewhat awkward. Did this child expect it to return a greeting?

Seeing the snake not returning his greeting, Tian Er found it weird. Although he has almost never gone out of his house, there were plenty of beasts in his home as guardians, and each of these beasts would always reply to his greeting in human language. Even the newly born beasts were able to speak just after a few days after birth, so why couldn’t this snake speak?

“Did you not hear me, little snake? I said my name is Tian Er, how are you doing today?” Tian Er repeated his greeting, making the snake feel even more uncomfortable. And not wanting him to repeat it again, the snake decided to reply by hissing.

Hiss Hiss.

Tian Er smiled along with the hissing. Although it was a weird beast without the ability to speak, he still somehow understood the meaning behind the snake’s hiss.

Zeraphin likes this.
  19. JustBeingBored

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 4
    It has been a few minutes since Tian Er had arrived in this small cave, and the first living creature he had encountered was a weird beast that was unable to speak in his views.

“Little snake, why are you locked up in this formation?” Tian Er suddenly asked the snake.

Ever since he arrived, he had already noticed the formation around this small cave that would lock everything inside and would not allow even an ant to leave.

To leave his home that he considers a locked cage, he somehow ends up in a formation with its main purpose to restrict whatever was inside. His fate of being locked in whatever was quite strange, and even Tian Er found it laughable.

A formation--- also known as a bigger ‘Array’ are spells created by cultivators to either attack or defend during battles. However, formations are not only battle-oriented and have other uses in daily life such as increasing the chance of rain in a certain area or placing restrictions such as the formation around the cave.

The little snake was unable to speak, let alone explaining its current situation, so it just looked at Tian Er with a pitiful gaze. And upon seeing its gaze, Tian Er instantly pitied the little snake that was locked up in this cave just like how he was locked up in his home.

“You want to leave, right? Come follow me; I will tear apart this joke-of-a-formation.” Tian Er said to the snake, dumbfounding it again.

This child wanted to break this formation that has kept it locked inside this cave for many months? Why would he do that? Is he not related to that human? The snake had believed that this child was related to that hateful human who was responsible for locking it inside this cave, or how else was this child able to get inside the formation?

Seeings it's doubtful gaze, Tian Er said, “What, you think I am unable to tear down this formation? All I need is to breathe and it will break apart!”

“....”

The snake was even more dumbfounded now. Even if he was not related to that human, where was his confidence coming from? Although he was somehow able to get inside the formation, it was at least a dozen times harder to leave than to enter a formation!

Still seeing doubt in its eyes, Tian Er no longer spoke and walked to the entrance that was only a few feet away. He stopped a feet away before stepping outside to the sunlight because there was a near invisible wall in front of him that blocked his path.

Tian Er has never seen such a weak looking formation in his life and was thinking to himself that whoever had made this formation was making fun of the concept of formation itself. And with a not caring wave of his hand, the entire formation shattered like broken glass, baffling the snake that had been watching his every move.

A simple wave of his hand was able to break apart a formation that had kept it locked for months!?

Turning his body around, Tian Er spoke to the frozen snake in a calm voice, “You are now free to go; but before you do, I want to ask you something. Little snake, do you want to follow me? I plan to travel this world, but doing it by myself sounds kind of lonely so I want a companion. And for us to meet like this is fate; how about it? I can guarantee your safety even if heaven itself falls on you!”

The snake could only stare at him with wide eyes at his proposal. So this child also had the same thoughts as that hateful human?

Wanting to make the snake a Spirit Companion, that human locked it inside of this cave for months, and although it was restrained its freedom, that human did not treat it badly. That human had even given it tasty food and would talk to it in a tender tone, but because it was restricted, the snake refused to become a Spirit Companion for that human.

Spirit Companions are wild beasts that would form contracts with humans and grow together, gaining strength along with its master. Although it sounded convenient and all, the beast was still nothing but a mere slave to its master with its freedom stripped away entirely and cannot disobey the master. With such a harsh restriction, even stupid beasts would have to choose wisely if they ever wanted to accept a master.

Tian Er was patient and waited for the snake’s reply. He really liked this snake, so he wanted to make it his companion. But unlike what the snake had in mind, he only wanted to travel with it as a companion and not form a contract.

While the snake was hesitating and still pondering, a tiny dot flashed from the sky, growing larger every second. It was a human flying towards them on a flying sword. Since the moment Tian Er had broken the formation, the creator of that formation was instantly alerted and came to investigate.

Within minutes, the figure of a female was floating a few meters away from Tian Er and the cave. At first, the girl was surprised to see a child at where her formation had broke, but then she remembered the white snake.

“Who are you and why are you here? Who broke my formation and what about the white snake inside that cave?” The female questioned him with a severe expression on her beautiful face.

Being bombarded with questions by the beautiful girl, Tian Er looked at her with a weird expression on his face. She was obviously the one who had made that restriction formation, but her age and the Spirit Qi coming from her body was so little that he did not dare believe such a thing was possible.

“A Mortal?” Tian Er blurted out unconsciously.

As someone who used to live in the highest Realm within the Central World where Mortals were the minority, he has never seen a Mortal in his entire life and has only heard of characteristics from his father. Mortals are people without Spirit Qi in their body, meaning that they are not cultivators, but the beautiful girl in front of Tian Er clearly has Spirit Qi in her body which makes her a cultivator. Yet the amount of Spirit Qi in her body was so little it can be neglected in his eyes.

Spirit Qi are the main source of energy in this universe that both people and beasts would absorb into their body, making them cultivators. As a cultivator, they absorb Spirit Qi into their body, strengthening their body and granting them the ability to use god-like powers that Mortals cannot such as flying in the sky or commanding a sword to chop off the head of someone standing miles away.

And not only will cultivating grant them powers, but it can also even prolong one’s live to the point of immortality, becoming Immortals. With so much benefits, why would anyone want to live as a Mortal? That was because not everybody had the ability or talent to absorb the Spirit Qi in the air.

The girl trembled from anger upon being called a mortal by a child. She was clearly standing on a flying sword, so how the fuck was she a mortal?! Even blind people were not as ignorant as this kid!

“Who the hell are you calling a mortal?! Your mother is a mortal!” The girl had started cursing him, surprising Tian Er even more.

The curses this girl had just thrown at him in that second was already more than any curse he has received in the entirety of his life.

“Young lady, that is not very lady-like. Did your mother not teach you manners?” Tian Er said to her without any deeper meaning behind his words. He was genuinely surprised at this girl’s rude attitude.

“Fuck you! Who the hell are you to tell me what my parents taught me?! And answer my questions! Where is that white snake?!” The girl cursed at him some more before asking about the snake again. To her, the snake was more important than how her formation broke.

Tian Er frowned at her attitude towards him. Although he was not mad, it just did not feel comfortable being cursed at, especially not from a pretty looking girl like her.

Just as Tian Er was about to open his mouth, the white snake that was inside the cave finally came out. And when it did, it stared at the beautiful girl in the sky with nervousness. It had just released from her restrictions, but it seemed like it was about to be locked away again.

“Little snake!” Excitement and relief flashed in the girl's eyes as she was pleasantly surprised that the snake had not escaped yet.

The moment the little white snake came out of the cave, the girl in the sky dived towards it as if she wanted to catch it again. But when she did, the snake curled its body around Tian Er’s leg, halting her movements.

Seeing its actions, the girl frowned and said, “Little snake, what is the meaning of this? I had spent the last few months entertaining you and even feeding you rare herbs, yet you still refuse to become my Spirit Companion? Get away from that brat’s leg right now and just become my Spirit Companion already!”

And unexpectedly, the snake shook its tiny head at her proposal, refusing it.

The breathing pattern from the girl noticeably quickened. This little white snake that she has been desperately trying to make it her Spirit Companion was actually an extremely rare beast with the bloodline from the Jaded Snake, one of the the strongest snakes within the Qin Continent with a cultivation level of the Foundation Stage! And not only does this little snake have the bloodline of a strong beast, it was even a mutated one!

Normally, Jaded Snakes would have green jade-like skin, yet this little one has white jade-like skin along with some pink spots, making her fall in love with it the moment she saw it. And the moment she saw it was also the second she captured it. Although she could just forcefully make this little white snake her Spirit Companion, she did not and instead tried to persuade it with love. For six months straight, she would persuade and keep getting rejected, yet out of nowhere this weird kid shows up out of nowhere like a ghost and made the little snake favor him? If that was not frustrating, then she did not know what was.

“You little brat! Hand over that snake to me and I will forgive your rudeness just now!” The girl said to Tian Er who was baffled once again. When did he become the rude one? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? And while Tian Er was unaware of it, calling any cultivator a mortal was more than enough to boil their blood with anger.

“Who this little snake wants to follow will depend on its will and is not something I can decide!” Tian Er declared. He was not the type to force anything undesirable on anybody, even if it was a beast, he will respect its decision. “Little snake, I have already told you what I needed to. If you want to follow me, then not only will I keep you safe from rude people like her, I will also not restrict your freedom! I am not asking you to be my Spirit Companion, but my traveling companion! If you rather follow that girl, then I will not say a word and leave.”

Hearing Tian Er’s proposal, the girl also began giving the little snake her own. “Little snake, if you follow me instead of that rude kid, then not only will you get all the best food in this world, I will even awaken the Jaded Snake bloodline within you, allowing you to grow as much if not even more powerful than your ancestors! And even after you have become my Spirit Companion, I will not restrict your freedom!”

The little snake began pondering and would look at Tian Er and then to the girl on the flying sword back and forth repeatedly. It did not take long before the little snake started moving from Tian Er’s leg to his neck, curling around it!

If it was anybody else, having a snake curled around their neck would make them nervous even if it was only a baby snake, yet Tian Er stood there with a calm face. The snake curled around his neck, but it did not actually use any strength and just sat there! Its decision was clear! It will rather follow this kid as a companion than become the girl’s Spirit Companion and losing all of its freedom! Even if the girl said that she will not restrict its freedom, how can it trust somebody who had already taken away its freedom once? And the feeling the kid gave off was gentle and warm, making the snake feel comfortable when around him, so it actually enjoyed curling around him like a necklace.

The girl’s face turned ugly upon seeing the little snake curling around the kid with a joyful expression. Even someone stupid would be able to tell that the little snake had chosen to follow that brat instead of her!

This will probably be the last chapter for now, at least until I get more feedbacks.

Zeraphin likes this.
  20. Zeraphin

Zeraphin Local Aphrodisiac Dealer

Reading List:
    Link
    Purrfect