To New Translators

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by WeaselLord, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yet".............It's a good idea, though. Humans don't share unless there's a "need" to share a good novel.

2. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably explains why I have 0 shares, 0 fb likes, etc..........

3. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I don't think people actually pick up reading novels until it's around 50+ chapters or it was a LN, or it had some sort of NUF drama. In the end, I do hate seeing less and less readers every chapter, so that hurts my heart. =( =( =(

4. plum

plum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or they could be like me... finished reading the novel and gets bored of translating it xD

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translators and some writers like fans who leave comments and discuss the novel, and in turn they want to release more chapters faster. People who binge read won't bother commenting, and for the few who do its still pointless. Making a comment for a chapter 10 or more chapters back won't have much impact and won't start any discussions. Asking a translator or writer to relax and keep doing what you are doing seems shallow when you can't be bothered to follow the story chapter by chapter.

These are the feeling for a writer friend of mine on RRL. In his words the people who debate the contents of each new chapter, for good or bad as they express their excitement and predictions for the future, make him feel the readers really like his story and that inspires him to write more and better. Oh, the friend stopped writing two years ago, so take it with a grand of salt.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. WeaselLord

WeaselLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :( I binge read mostly because I despise cliff hangers, and to explain what this means requires some time. So, despise>hate. And, to me, hate is used way too often; I think if you hate someone that means that if you believed there was a 100% chance you could kill them and get away with it you would do it with no hesitation. And despise is a stronger version of hate. And I DESPISE cliff hangers and all manners of suspense. I check everything I read to see if it seems like it ends on a cliffhanger before I am willing to read up to that point, because I would rather have a story ruined by spoilers than to have to go through experiencing a cliff hanger. I think I once made a post elaborating more on how much I hate cliff hangers, and ways I wanted to punish the person that invented them, but you get the idea.
    It isn't that I can't be bothered to follow the story chapter by chapter, it is that I'm not a masochist that enjoys cliff hangers.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *pets neko-san*
    *looks away while whistling*
    Phew~ at least I turned off ad-block~
    *sneaks away*

LysUltima and Wujigege like this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_coughblood:
    Haha seriously I understand since I am also a reader too that is why I am working on releasing at least 100 chapters per month starting December.
    The major pieces are already in place.
    And yeah about hate, we use it too much but we also use the words love too much which dilutes it.
    I see people who love a :aww:novel and drop it the next week :blobdevil:
    Love a translator :aww: and hates him when he goes AWOL :blobangery:

readerz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.