LCD Royal Roader on My Own

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon2.0, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like in chapter four he adapts rather quickly... But then, every protagonist in a story adapts this quickly...

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the translator pointing out the mistakes made by the author lol.

Also, bs much, such coincidence that he knows how to mine IRL? Feels like xianxia...

3. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thankfully its a back and forth type story... If he just kinda got stuck inside royalroader that would suck so much for his family

4. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems decent so far

5. He

He Stop using the net, you net addict.

Reading List:
    Link
    1 person...

How much money would a person pour into the market for inflation to be noticeable?

6. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like a fresh toika story. I vaguely recall something chamber talking about translating stories by toika - the naughtyotter from wuxiaworld (seoul station necromancer, emperor of solo play, etc.) called dibs on latest novel and he was going to translate it after he's done with current novels. Is this the same novel?

7. rainbowturtle

rainbowturtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where people got this impression from but the author of this novel isn't Toika.

Paps, Anon2.0 and hanglekuk like this.
  8. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you. I did look up the novel details as well, so I was pretty confused why people were telling that.

9. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is quite good, hope he don't become stupid in real life

10. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Well considering his wish, and the outcome of said wish he doesn't need to know how to mine IRL because hes doing it in the game. Also games(in general) wont make it hard to learn, they may make it tedious and repetitive but they wont make it hard.

*Look over there that rocks different/shiny/stick out of the wall/ect/ect*
    *Starts hitting rock with pickaxe*

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    The way he depicts the action made him sounded like he is a pro IRL in mining, eg. Strike true to your bs heart blah blah blah. Playing the game is just using a mouse to to point and click.

12. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    i really need massive update release, thought if no its ok at least stabile release chapter should be done hehe.

13. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    And then we time skip two years. Wow...:facepalm:

14. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: I think I'd quit if they docked my pay for not being super cheerful all the time.

The author could have been a bit subtler about his influences when naming his game...

She'll be back. Likely regretting that she broke up with him while he was poor. I just hope the author doesn't put too much time into her when she does. I've no interest in watching the MC trample his ex.

c2: Wow, internet is cheap in Korea.

Why do poor people in books always eat instant food from a convenience store? Its far more expensive than just buying rice/pasta and something cheap to go in it (low quality meat, seasonal veggies, etc. It varies by region/season) and making it yourself. Heck, even a decent homemade salad is cheaper most of the time.

Two hours doesn't really seem like enough time to log in, rally a massive army, organize said army and fight an epic battle against the toughest foe in the game.

I wish this chapter's end hadn't been forcibly spoiled by the synopsis that was blended into the start of the first chapter.

c3: Well, if you're interested in being a crafter, that's actually a pretty lucky break, well, assuming he was willing to pay for any of these services, which is probably why he didn't find anyone in game.

Is the author not aware that people actually make RL money doing what the MC did? If it really produced super characters, then the sweat shops that employ such people would be selling those characters to the highest bidders. There'd be super freaks all over the place, and the MC wouldn't be anything special at all. Not to mention the crafting maniacs that do that sort of thing for free, or for the sake of their guilds. I get the feeling that the author didn't do any research at all and has never played an MMO in his life.

This would be so much more interesting if he wasn't the only one in the game.

C5: So, you can hit Intermediate 2 in about an hour, but it takes 56 hours to hit Intermediate 3? That's one hell of a curve they've got on that skill. No wonder no one ever bothered to level it after the initial, required bit, and no wonder the game went under. Honestly, I have a harder time understanding how it didn't go under sooner.

C6: I'll be utterly shocked if his account is ever flagged for suspicious activity, or if he's ever approached about tax evasion and/or counterfeiting, even though all of those things should happen with him depositing large amounts of money from thin air into a real bank account.

I'm assuming it was jealousy of some sort over the MC being treated more like a son than the GM, or being held up as a positive example when reprimanding him or some such. I expect he's also trying to crush the business for some reason. I'd think to sell it, but that seems unlikely as what he's doing would lower its value.

C7: So basically he's a game character in real life too. I guess it wouldn't do for him to have any possibility of facing hardship ever again after all. I wonder if he'll track down bullies from his past and beat them up or something? I hope not. It'd be frightfully boring.

C8: almost a year has passed in game, why wouldn't he have already hit this turning point? Or did he just decide to continue as a miner for a full year for no well explained reason?

C8: Seriously? A full year of doing nothing but swinging that pickax and he hasn't even gained four skill levels? How did he ever get it to Advanced? Does Blacksmith just advance it that much faster than mining? If so, why the f**k is he still mining?

I think the author forgot his own timeline. The MC was only a miner for six months. That means that if this NPC didn't become available for 1 year, then the MC would have missed him. Unless the MC is starting at an earlier time in the games history or something?

C10: Wasn't the game only three years old when it ended? How would the mine arc last for a full three years? Shouldn't he be the strongest man in the world by then?

If Jonnan is so good at finding the minerals, why wouldn't the mine be employing him to do exactly that? I would expect people who could do that to make a heck of a lot more than normal miners, even if they never touched a pickax.

C11: Again, the game shut down after three years, or, assuming that was wrong, at least after less than thirty years. Or is the MC in his forties and still deriving his self-worth from his OP MMO character? No? Then how does he know anything about what the NPC will or won't be in thirty years? Or did time in the game move at like a month in game time = a day in real life, or a similar massive differential?

Seriously? He plans to stop working in the mine, but he's still taking 70% of the guy's earnings for the rest of his life? How is that the "best conditions for both parties"? Its clearly just one step above a slave contract.

If its exactly 2 years later, then he's survived for three years. This author either needs to learn basic math or stop using numbers.

So, basically, if he gets Endurance to 100, he'll be immune to physical damage. Though, even before reaching 100, his massively improved regen rate will likely make him invincible to all but the most extreme damage. I guess the author doesn't plan for there to be any tension in any fights that might occur. Though it does make me wonder why he hadn't roflstomped the last boss sooner.

Something tells me that the author is never going to deal with the psychological issues that would develop from spending 24x as much time in a fantasy world as he spends in the real world. Mainly because I think the author is philosophically opposed to telling an interesting story, or using his head for something as mundane as thinking.

0000000 and Sumasuun like this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike an MC that's okay with slavery, much less one that's enthusiastic about it and prefers enslaving the mentally disadvantaged because they're easier to control :/

Why is an NPC referring to "players"? Especially when there's only one in the entirety of the history of his world? Who happens to be standing in front of him? And whom he's never heard of before? I want to like this story, but the author is making it very, very hard.

Paps likes this.
  16. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried translating the novel name? The word by word translation is "I love you more" or something like this. So I'm not sure if the incorrect novel name is at description or translator took a little liberties while translating the novel name.
    As for time, it is something like 1:10 scale. so 2 days in RL become 20 days in the game, etc. It may sound less screwed.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly didn't care much about the name. Its worth commenting on, but doesn't really affect my opinion of the series much one way or the other.

As I recall, its 1 hour RL per 1 day in game. Even if you assume that he's sleeping for 8 of those hours in game, that's still a 1:16 ratio in the game's favor. That's basically like living in rural China and visiting NY, NY for 2-3 weeks out of the year. Its pretty clear which one would be your home, which one would have a greater impact on your development as a person, and which one would feel "real" to you. Especially since he has no way of maintaining contact with the real world while he's in the game world and makes little to no effort to connect with anyone while he's in the real world. In terms of human connections, his time in game vs reality skews even more heavily in the game's favor.

Plus he'll likely get relentless, positive reinforcement in the game world, which would have its own psychological impact as explored in various Star Trek series in relation to holodecks, which are far less extreme in terms of quantity of exposure than what he's going through.

Even worse (but along the same lines), he's only being treated like an extraordinary person right now, but it won't be long till he's treated like a god (or possibly becomes one) in game. Once he gets used to that, even the exaggeratedly positive treatment he'll receive in the real world due to all the money he'll be throwing around and his meters thick plot armor won't feel like enough.

And if the government (or the uber rich of the world) took as much of an interest in his sudden success as they absolutely should and would, he'd probably wind up in prison or fleeing for his life, which would make the game world even more attractive. This is a much darker take than what the author is going for, but it would also be far more interesting than yet another masturbatory power fantasy from a writer who simply doesn't know how to make such a thing interesting. Or at least, he hasn't managed to make it interesting yet, and my hope that he will is diminishing with each passing chapter.

0000000 and Anon2.0 like this.
  18. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. one hour realtime equals one day of dreamtime, that means he could potentially grind stats for 500+ years and it wouldn't surprise me if he got magic and an increased lifespan in reality from a stat or whatever.. but I doubt the author thought that far ahead.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't they make an absolutely huge deal out of how mining was the best way in the entire game to raise you weapon accuracy? Wasn't that the author's excuse for why his character was the strongest? Why is he now pretending that that's not the case?

If all he did in the game world for 500+ years was grind stats, he'd go bat-sh*t crazy. Besides, I'm sure the author's plans for him will see his stats utterly explode in well under a year RL time.

20. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like how he gets a cheat by himself.
    It wont even be fun when he boast all his accomplishments to other plebs without any access to similar resource