LCD The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Prometheus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the first 3 chapters then dropped it the mc behaves like a petty villian robbing childrens lolly pops and tickling his captives that he captured as a form of torture

2. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is one of the most original CN webnovels I've encountered here in NU. LMAO funny at times, with an MC you'll root for despite / because of his crazy antics.

Stick with it a couple more chapters. One of the great things about this novel is how it turns things around from time to time : villains are heroes and heroes are villains. There's been more entertaining twists to the story in the short few chapters available than in some other novels (mostly xianxia) I've read.

3. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    In later chapters he does kill people, lots of them, a whole army.
    Besides, he treats the captives as "farms". Once they become useless...

Alexander12 likes this.
  4. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Beware spoilerrinos

Well look at his past and his "kill streak" there .
    And take into account the deal or plan he made at the river styx .
    And they probably tried to attack his city and with that destroy his plans of replacing the current system of order vs chaos with his law system which makes living of those factions together possible.
    Also did you read the raws ??? Cause I can only remember where the city of his was attacked.

All in all he does his best to attone for his past in changeing the world with his new power of the law into a place where all races can coexist.

5. triopsate

triopsate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the reasoning... He's taking lollipops in order to complete quests (the other option was just not feasible).

As for the prisoners, he's giving them a punishment that "fits" their crime. Rape the rapist, con the conman, etc. Basically the purest form of eye for an eye.

6. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well no one had started anything about this despite 50+ chapters so might as well do it myself =D

Anyways only read up to chapter 2 and I'm wondering why this is considered a novel rather than a fanfic, I mean from what I read it had a lot of the hallmarks of a fanfic, the races seem to be wow inspired (taurens? any other fantasy work out there has taurens?) I can also see a bit of the D&D's influence in it looking at it for a bit (yess I play D&D ultimatenerdtotherescue) so I wonder asked myself why its a novel rather than a fanfic. But anyways like it a bit and I thought it was a bit funny when the MC took the kids lollipop and the kid looked at him all sad and shit and he crunched it then stepped on it, evil ass mofo :)

Anyways share thoughts on the story and characters =D

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like em. So far none of roland friends are annoying.

8. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also wondering why people say its good read

Sircus likes this.
  9. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO it's an unique mix of gag and schemes. The MC is TOTALLY not what meets the eye... As you gain more insight into his past ..the more you pity him and yet he is happy go lucky as hell(his luck is terrible though :-D )
    And his power is really cool..... Don't know if it's a spoiler so won't mention it... But an interesting one no doubt !!!

10. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    a likeable pervert and Mad scientist

11. Evertime

Evertime Dungeonmaster Daoist

Reading List:
    Link
    The demarcation between a fan fiction and a novel are paper thin as it is, in particular the various references to things in our world is a relative staple of eastern fantasy writing.
    What makes it not a fan fiction is it isn't based off anything, there are references to things in our world and various allusions to dungeons and dragons/ forgotten realms stuff but it's all a new story.

12. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    His second identity is funny when compared to evil lich theme.

13. Hien

Hien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crazy lich with his crazy friend.
    But when i learn his past and how rolan and eliza relationship now i root for roland flesh body to regenerate and looking for victoria and krose fam club in nuf

14. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed

15. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's fine whether it's FF or novel (though I think it isn't FF) as long as it's a good read. Anyway, I like this MC. Although he act like pervert sometime, I don't really hate it all that much. Actually, he's stay too true to his common sense. Who care about necrophilia if it's a sentient undead girl that look great and love you. Who care about genben guy when he have body of a girl and look great.

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Best novel I have picked up in recent times. To be honest when I first saw its cover on NUF I marked it as not worth the time, since it looks like another one of those regugirtated xianxia craps the chinese fonds of. But then I saw a lot of updates and no xianxia tags. So here I am.

17. Augustus

Augustus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is most definitely not a fan fiction if it was all the novels with elves in it would be fan-fictions of previous stories, the world is just inspired by stuff like D and D, the world is like the world of LMS, but not VR and I think he is the only one with a status screen.

18. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel feel like so what if its rpg world??

19. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might have some elements of other novels but it has its own unique story as well. Since at it's core it's about a man who gone mad trying to change the fate of the world, the character is also distinct and likable and not cookie cutter character with a personality of a toaster. Also, the RPG elements only apply to the MC the other character don't level up but get stronger in a natural way.

All I can really say is don't drop it, among the pile of generic shit we get on this site it actually a good read.

Lonelycity likes this.
  20. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link