LCD Battle Through the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Aicila, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    My interest has dropped in this quite a bit recently. I found the opening 150ish chapters to be pretty interesting but since he's headed to the desert I haven't been as interested. Still reading, despite that.

Do you think he's going to end up with the green flame? I think Xiao Yan is leaning on Yao Lao a little too much as it is.

Right now I'm just hanging on until he meets this ex-fiance, should be pretty satisfying.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. qwerty

qwerty King of all Hollow

Reading List:
    Link
    it will get interesting!! just keep reading!

3. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll cross my fingers. Some of the earlier chapters were some of my favourites across many of the different things i've been reading so I've been a little dissapointed recently but yeah really hoping it picks up again asap.

4. qwerty

Reading List:
    Link
    right!

5. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My reading the manhwa really makes me read this and curse myself for being curious! It is suck! Who knows that the manhwa will jump around 80+ chapters? For once i curse my curiosity for reading the manhwa not the LN...

Hotato and Saitama.sensei like this.
  6. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you there, the plot is stagnating because protagonist has neither advanced greatly in power/cultivation or has simply not had anything exiting happen. I just want the series to skip over to either when he gets the flame or some epic treasure that will be immediately useful to increase his power or to go straight back to pwning that hoe that tried to dump him.

7. qwerty

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha....i agree with you two!

8. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read the manhua its pretty much the same as the novel also its ahead of the novel (manhua is like around chapter 300 + so i heard)
    but yes i do think he will get the heavenly flame and i agree with you the desert arc is rather boring the only interesting thing that happens is the heavenly flame and the ice emperor

9. Catacus

Catacus The God of Cat's & Potato's

Reading List:
    Link
    let's hope it gets interesting the school arc :D

10. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    It just skips 80 chapters? Strange. I tend not to read any adaptions.
    I'd just binge read it though and then be dissapointed that there is less stuff for me to be interested in reading as a result :p
    Maybe this series of events will let him tangle with 'Pill-King' Gu He which could trigger a direct series of events leading up to the confrontation with Nalan Yanran. I have a feeling though Gu He is going to catch him stealing the flame but he escapes, so when he finally meets Nalan Yanran again (after hopefully not a swathe of boring stuff) he will be like 'bitch it was you!
    I think it's just all set up too nicely for him not to get it. Especially considering it's one of the 'weaker' flames. Then he can slowly add stronger ones as he goes along.

Hotato and Saitama like this.
  11. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, just tell me, im which part he relied on Yao Lan's power too much? Cause as far as i can see he hdnt done so without real need.

12. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't really say that he's reliant on Yao Lan's power as in a sense to fight really, I was just saying that as a character he just gets given pretty much all the advice/directions/information that he needs from Yao Lan which makes the story kinda boring because he hardly needs to think about anything for himself.

I'm not saying that it's a bad choice, because if I had some super strong dude floating around which could give me advice and information you'd be stupid to ignore it. It's just from a storytelling point of view.

13. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually is set up too nicely for him lol you will see later on he encounters a problem while trying to consume it by like we said its set up too nicely

14. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    you've got some points. Yeah, i can understand your position, alas for me these things seems insignificant comparing with general quality of this novel. Furthermore, MC's character isn't anyhow lacking and wont cause any difficulties from such method of development.

Aicila likes this.
  15. ddadain

ddadain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTTH is actually a "seinin" WN so the author wrote it a bit slower-paced than his more recent novels.

Having said that, the next couple of arcs are going to be very very good. Especially since we're nearing the 3 year engagement fight, which will be totally EPIC!

Also... lol... the manhua (manhwa is Korean manga) is a lot more comical than the novel so people who've read the manhua might be surprised at how "serious" the WN is... Though, I love the art of the manhua >:3 It's delicious~~~

16. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading both manhwa and novel. differences not that far, although some part of story was deviated.
    in novel, you get detail of explanation about this and that. no wonder why manhwa can skip this and that.

17. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O From when differences between heaven and earth became not that far?

18. the_cheater17

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is not that difference. He crippled, marriage cancelled, promise to fight, became genius, went to adventure, this, and that.
    As long as the story is good, why not? I don't really care how detail explanation of this and that, because some of them are really not needed.
    In the end, this is just my opinion.

19. Tratuk

Tratuk novel addict

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, i see, appears you're such kind of person. No offends, eventually we all are different, cause i receive pleasure from every minute detail of the LN version.

20. the_cheater17

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know that.
    That's why I always amazed how people can remember about levels of cultivation, names of side characters, etc something like that, that I don't can or bother to remember them.
    And, let's back to BTTH's topic.