Discussion Best gaming PC config under 2k

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xravia, Jan 12, 2017.

1. boriz13

boriz13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, depend on what you want to do with the PC itself will help in deciding the best cost - performance ratio. Custom build is the way to go.

2. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    Alot of fans,a god level processor and video card can never go wrong

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats 1000 budget. I built that...

4. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont be scared of building a rig from scratch. I had no idea what I was doing, all I did was read a manual and/or watch a video on YouTube. (I can't remember if there was actually a manual)

Oh and don't make the mistake I did and forget to buy wifi lolol

5. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice is to buy a less expensive one and then you can just tune it up to your taste....

Sircus likes this.
  6. Wrestleroh

Wrestleroh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had my Alienware for 5~ish years now. Not the best buy looking back on it but it was my first pc and quite happy with it to this day.

7. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's Desktop PC, then just custom it.
    With that much money you don't have to worry about lacking funds.
    Just maximize it!

8. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a minute this is the second thread in two days with this question :eek:

9. Wildzhen

Wildzhen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your budget limit is 2k to have a good rig then you are safe. Buy the parts and mount it on your own. Take CPU i5k is more than enough for gaming purposes but you can go for an i7 if you want to. For the GPU with your budget man you got freedom lol. Just browse around for the different parts and mount it yourself. I would not advise for a laptop for gaming ], it's not that they are not good but a desktop would be my advice it's just better imo.

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The hardest part of liquid cooling is the liquid.

Given the mobility of a laptop, shakes are bound to happen. Liquid cooling connectors dont do well when moved, not to mention given the small space inside the laptop, once the liquid spill, say goodbye to your entire laptop.
    Imo, liquid cooling is a gimmick, you are better off putting a heatsink that extends to an exterior fan. It might be cumbersome, but its more efficient.

Ai chan likes this.
  11. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Build it from scratch, my advice, intel over AMD for heat control. AMDs have a serious overheating problem.

Make sure you measure your case, and motherboard, it's layout. For example my new graphics card, covers two slots. So what I saved on space, I lost in motherboard capability. No linked graphics cards for me.

Also do not skip on your PSU, you want it with a comfortable 100w over what you actually need. And go modular! It's worth spending those few extra dollars that means your cable management is top notch.

As someone above stated, Benchmark is your greatest asset. Mainly because newer doesn't always mean better. You can save dollars on say your graphics card, that you can spend on having a bigger SSD drive. For example, the Radeon R9 380 is $250, but it's got a benchmark of 5300ish. Where as you can get the RX 480 for $185 dollars, which has a benchmark of 7800ish. The GTX 1060 3gb is the best for under $200.

Xravia likes this.
  12. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a lot of rig out there if you want to search. Some actually are actually pc vendors with a lot of experience.

Xravia likes this.
  13. GregLuck

GregLuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't buy a 'gaming' laptop. It's just not worth it for the performance it gives you for the price. The processor and gpu can't give the same performance because of thr size consideration. Also some type of GPU would confuse you like GTX960 and GTX960M, the 960m can't hold a candle against 960. It is the marketing way to deceive.

Basically just buy yourself a good gtx1080, a decent i7 and fans. You should be good to go.

Xravia likes this.
  14. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBvY2R

There you go, just something i quickly threw together.

Just about 2k USD, You can downgrade the case, PSU and GPU a bit to get it to about 1700 USD.

You can also get a 6700k for a bit of savings, since you aren't really getting much with Kaby lake.

I also assume that you already have an HDD for storage, if not you can throw a 2TB 7200RPM one in there, they are quite cheap.

EDIT: 1. You need to have atleast a 1440p monitor to utilize he 1080 and 7700k, and if you are gaming make sure it's 120hz, makes a big difference. If you don't have a 1440p monitor, (unless you have a triple monitor setup) just get a 1060 and an 7600k

And 2. It might be better waiting till March when AMD comes out with Ryzen, All signs point to it being a serious competitor to the 7700k

Also, if you have to do get this setup now, OC the CPU to 4.8 atleast, i have a 3570k @ 4.7, been running perfectly since 2012. And you don't need a watercooled CPU to do it, i'm running a TPC 812, works quite well.

Jut make sure to clean it thoroughly every 6 months or so.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Xravia likes this.
  15. drex2580

drex2580 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the GPU i reccomend either the gtx 1070, gtx 1080, or AMD's 480 if you want a cheaper and higher frames per doller card.
    i recommend @madmanthan21's setup for this. maybe get some thermal paste and a 2 terabyte hard drive.

Xravia likes this.
  16. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O yea, you have to buy thermal paste, it's not expensive though, so it should be fine, i use it every 6 months, when i take apart my build and put it back together, lot's of dust here.

Xravia likes this.
  17. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I always see those sick gaming computers for dota in the advertisements... >.>

Much too expensive for me though :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]