Feature Request Readed chapters feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Nume, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Nowadays, you can click on the latest read chapter checkbox to mark where you where at your reading of a series, but there's a problem: sometimes you skip some chapters and checking the latest chapter read box mark them as read too. That's specially the case for interludes, omakes, etc, that sometimes pop up between chapters and you want to leave them for last, or with some series that get teasers from later on the series, like I'm Really a Superstat that, at the start, got a teaser of a few chapters starting at chapter 200. Well, the request I wanted to suggest, then, is individual 'readed' checkbox on the series.

2. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, there's no such thing as "readed".

Now, what you're suggesting is the opposite of how the reading list is set up to work. And although I do get where you're coming from, I'd like you to also imagine that you're starting to read ISSTH now. How would you feel about having to "tick off" 1200+ chapters?

But yes, the thing with settings a chapter as "read" being the same as settings ALL chapters that were added before it (be it by the same group or not) as read too is a bit of a problem. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an easy way of fixing that problem without some major changes to the way the reading list works now.

3. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a english native speaker, so mistakes do happen :p

The solution would be to have two checkboxes, one with the same function as the one now and the other as what I suggested.

4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither am I. Still, this is something people learn at the beginner level... But okay.
    Just, please, edit the title to "read" so that it doesn't hurt my eyes :p
    Or better yet, change the title to "Setting chapters as read individually" or something. It's a bit misguiding the way it is now.
    Actually, it wouldn't be. You could only use one column at a time. Or at least, using the current column again would overwrite the individual column.
    If we're talking about just the special chapters, etc. then perhaps separating them from he normal ones would not be a bad idea, but then we'd have multiple rows on our reading lists for each series with bonus chapters, and that would be confusing...
    Then again, bonus chapters should be quite rare, so maybe we don't need to see them on our lists at all (provided that they'd still be visible on the novel page)?

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't you just... Not skip chapters? Seems like the vest solution IMO.

If you do read a teaser, just don't mark it as read and you'll be good.

Seems like too much of a specific feature to be really useful...