Clarifying my stance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I Eat Monsanto, Jan 17, 2017.

1. yonna

yonna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're too visable

2. yonna

yonna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you'd better if you're male than you step out you cant understand how females feel

Lovely likes this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I totally get you. I don't want to be dominated too unless on bed.

4. siwakotisaurav

siwakotisaurav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're forgetting the nya's...

Well I was here too for reasons unknown.

Lovely likes this.
  5. hammer

hammer "Qidian Master Race"

Reading List:
    Link
    too long, im tired

6. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    i type to fast nya....

7. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe all action novels are targeted towards me but I am certain they originally were and until that theme gets completely demolished I feel some sort of tag or message is appropriate

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    wait wasn't Korean Novel the one in the middle of CN an JN?

and you do know that you're not the targeted demographic so why the need to rant? Just set your filter on NU to never show those novels and everything is finished

9. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I'm incredibly good looking in real life I never notice.

Comfort of being able to become one of the 'winners' regardless of the situation.

10. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone has both the right and the wish to have their opinion heard, even though me voicing my opinion may not accomplish anything I still did it for the very same reason that you voiced your opinion in reply to my thread. Everyone just wants their opinion out there

11. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I can't understand women in my life. if I does I would have a harem on my own life not arguing with my sister everyday.

12. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that what all the other genres and tags are for?

13. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    What?

14. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, you don't need to do this. In RtW, stuffs will be explained why female can be a witch and male can't. Even though female can become a witch, not all of them will. It's totally random and Roland has been trying to find out why is that. Also, well, this is a spoiler..
    There's a demon civilization, and imo, they're technically the counterparts of the witches.

Also, I don't particularly mind if one gender is advantageous over the other if there are explanations or bound to be explained.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  15. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with OP in that the tagging is the most important. however, coming across novels which I thought may be OK for me to read, then discovering as it develops that it contains themes or traits that do not suit me, then sadly i can't complain, precisely because I'm a female and action novels are aimed mostly at the male population.

as a female reader, I do like more neutral action novels, where the romance is not the ultimate goal but it is still present.

however, OP, please feel my pain. you complain because you stumble with one novel aimed at females in between many many many action novels aimed at men, and feel like you have to complain. meanwhile, I have to browse through maaaaany novels to find an action novel I may like, and even yet I may discover it is not what I expected when I've already read 100+ chapters, and then I can't complain because it is normal for action novels to be that way.

my suggestion for you: please don't complain too harshly if the novel was tagged incorrectly. it's stuff that happens, and usually it's nobody's fault as sometimes even the TL'r hasn't read ahead. just suggest things be better tagged and drop it.

the emergence of more action novels aimed at females doesn't really mean that there are less novels aimed at men being written, and so it is not a bad thing. I feel it does bring both genders closer, I think.

meh, I actually think I like romance less than some men do; I've noticed otaku guys who watch more shoujo and slice of life anime than I do and I mostly watch shounen anyway xD (and, well, BL and josei).

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  16. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, there's always 'Don't like, Don't read'

Secondly, there's always 'Don't like, Don't Start a thread about Not liking it'

Thirdly, Translators are free to translate whatever they want, even if readers might influence their choices, we shouldn't really be allowed to make the choice for them unless they ask for recommendations / votes and all that.

Fourthly , why just this particular novel ? There's plenty of novels which have something that's gender-limited, it being dependant on what type of novel, maybe class, skills, items, talents and all that.

Fifthly, don't start a topic about a subject like that and be surprised that you get some comments that think you're spouting... well, unfriendly things. People will start an argument about anything, and things like this topic are easy to start with.

Sixthly, if you think people are 'overreacting' to one topic you started, don't start another topic to clarify it and think they won't 'overreact' to that as well.

Seventhly, total gender equality is a biological impossibility. That's just how it is.

Eightly, please fix up the spacing and don't post wall of texts like that, it just makes it harder to take your argument seriously and more than just an angry rant.

Lokumi likes this.
  17. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea but I still feel that there are somr cases which additional tags would be necessary but htat may just be me being picky
    Ok glad to here it, I never got far in the novel, I only got as far as the 2.5th witch being introduced when I started noticing the trend, the main reason I was so disappointed was that I've been having a hard time finding a decent novel that I'd enjoy reading (I've nearly read all the ones I'd like to read on this site) and seeing as RtW had over 200 chapters and the description seemed nice I decided to jump right in and thats basically why I was extremely disappointed

18. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    O lol this guy complaining about RtW?

The image of the novel was a super big breasted voluptuous babe for a period.

Had you seen it you would have probably avoided it due to intimidation because of your low testosterone.

19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Worry not, this novel mostly focus on MC doing stuffs.

20. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    And yet you are no different than I. Yes I started a thread to complain about something and wanted my opinion heard (and damn what's it at 7-8 pages) some good comments some bad comments but overall my opinion has been heard. You did the same, you saw my threads and wanted to complain about them so you created a comment with an appropriate wall of text no prettier than mine was. Also, I didn't know I wouldn't like to read something before I start reading it, that's just illogical. And if I find something that makes me not like it enough to stop reading it then naturally I'd stop reading it, with or without your tip.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017