Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 5 Snow Goblin [ 80G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD6 - D-Ranked – Mine 50 Stone [ 60G | 10 x Stone Slab ]
    ================================================
    "Welcome back. And finished your quest from the mine? Let me see them.....Hmm....okay, so all is done except the fire crystal, eh? Well, I do apologize but I can't give that one a success mark. But the rest is fine. So here is your reward, 400 G and the rest of the item. Take care now."

Kuma Desu likes this.
  2. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ1 – No Rank – Gather 10 Oak Logs [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ2 – No Rank – Gather 10 Pine Logs [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ3 – No Rank – Gather 20 Large Stone [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ15 – No Rank – Remove Rubble [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ25 – No Rank – Provide Medical and Healing Service [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ26 – No Rank – Provide Trauma and Counseling Service [ 100 gold | Event Points ]

Solo

@brasca123

A worn-out dairy was found onboard an airship
    XX day - XX month - XXXX year

Today was like any other day at the Frontier Village, winter was approaching and the sounds of hammers echoed throughout the town. Barely recovering from our losses from the Undead invasion, I heard that a crazy war broke loose somewhere near the Oakenlake Kingdom. I can't be too sure because those bards and drunkards were having a heated discussion about who's AG waifu was better...

Naturally this matter didn't concern me too much, as I had no relations to the elven kingdom, so I could only send my regards as someone who's been through the same experiences. Right now, as one of the few experienced builders present in the Frontier Village, my skills are most needed here.

Looking at the children and elderly reminded me of how fragile and precious life truely was, I have no regrets leaving the life of a mercenary. If I can, I would rather spend the rest of my life here, living out the remaining years of my life peacefully and maybe in the not so distance future I'll start a family...

- Liam
    -​

Tonight, thanks to a dear friend of mine, I'm not in the comfort of my home recounting my memories.

Yesterday there were rumours floating around the village stating that the Oakenlake Kingdom were in dire need of builders and labourers. Seeing an opportunity to leave this bland village, many youths were jumping with excitement. Later that day, when the notice from the village head arrived, many men packed their wares and prepared to leave at the first light of the next day.

I honestly don't see the excitement in going to a far away elven kingdom, or maybe this is just my bias since I've had the honour of working with a couple of them in the past. Although it wasn't my worst experience, I don't think I'd ever look at an elf the same again. So rather than worrying about other people's problems, we should first fix our own. Winter was almost here, our harvest was delayed due to the undead and our walls aren't even completed. How are we supposed to fend off those wolves, it's not like the guild will keep supporting us indefinitely.

Already discontent about the current situation, I was driven further towards the edge when one of my co-workers applied me for the temporary dispatch notice. When I finally found him, I found a beaten black and blue half human-wolfkin seated in a seiza position. It turns out that his mother, a gentle wolf-kin and a single mother of three, was the cause of his miserable state. She apologised and requested that I take care of her foolish Victor, she said that she'll arrange for her daughter to look after my goats and hens.

It was only an hour ago that he finally told me his intentions, "Bro, it's not like we're getting any younger. This is a good opportunity to f-" Cutting him off with a punch to the gut I asked him again, this time he told me that it was mating season and that he was feeling very, well he couldn't continue because I sent a uppercut to his chin. Every time I talk to him I think I get a little dumber, maybe I should attend to a therapy session...

I'll probably be very busy in the following days, so don't expect me to write too much.

- Liam
    -​

I've been seeing a white fur ball appearing randomly around the airship.

I might just be just seeing things because I only ever see it from the corner of my eyes, and whenever I turn to look it vanishes.

Maybe I've been stuck on this airship for too long, Victor said that we'll be arriving soon so I think I'm going to take a short nap.

- Liam
    -​

I've been in this kingdom for a few days now and many unusual things have happened, as a matter of fact, there's a weird little treant thingy snoring on my bed...

It all started a few days ago when we landed in the kingdom, shortly after being lead to our accommodations I was separated from Victor and was sent to the forest to gather wood.

The first day was relatively normal, I stayed around the borders of the forest crafting the wood into usable beams and planks. The only weird thing was that I felt that I was being watched, but since I didn't feel any malicious intent I chose to ignore it. Quickly running out of wood, I picking up an axe I headed off to the forest with a diverse group of people to gather some more.

Surprisingly the elves weren't as snobby as I initially expected, sure they were stuck up here and there, but this was much better than my past experiences will them. Like the flow of time, guess that elves can change as well. While casually chatting with the others I felt a piercing gaze on my back again.

Waking up on the second day from a weird dream, I looked out of my cabin to find stacks of logs piled up in my work area. I walked out and recounted the logs, yeah, there were an additional ten pine and ten oak logs in my pile. This isn't workplace harassment right? I don't think I've made any enemies though, maybe this is someone helping me so that I don't have to restock on the logs later? Thinking will get nothing done, so I got started with the logs.

Tired, on my 25th log, I was drenched. Wiping my forehead with my sleeves no long helped as it was entirely soaked as well, lowering my tools and sitting down for a brief break, I felt a towel get over my shoulders. Slightly shocked that I didn't hear them approach, I gave a short thanks and continued with my work. "Yan!", hearing that strange response I turned around to find no one standing there. I guess the person didn't want the towel back, quickly getting back to work I failed to notice a strange looking upright log standing to the side.

After finishing two days worth of quota, I headed back to my cabin for the night. On my back I noticed a trail of weird little treant thingys marching with rubble away from civilisation, rubbing my eyes I tried made sure that I wasn't seeing things. Somehow the scene was extremely familiar, that's right, last night I had a strange dream where these things were restocking my pile with logs. Entering to my cabin I ignored the distant "Yan! Yan! Yan!" chants and had my late dinner. Also I've noticed that my food supplies have been decreasing at a rapid rate, I planed to head for the stores the following day. That night I didn't sleep too well, I felt that someone was watching me sleep.

On the third morning, I was visited by Victor, he said that the builders needed another pair of hands to finish the foundations for the wall. Since I've already finished my part I readily accepted. On our way towards the worksite I noticed a group of treant thingys arguing amongst themselves about something, curious about them, I asked Victor about what he knew. According to him, they where a mutated subspecies of the treant that appeared after the war. According to him these treants were relatively harmless, it's just that they have an annoying trait of playing pranks on people, but their behaviour changed drastically a few days ago. Victor recalled at they started helping out around the place, which in turn changed the townspeople's views. These treants specifically, were apparently arguing since dawn about the placement of the 20 large stone that they were crowded around. Feeling a headache approaching, I ignored the YANs and continued forwards.

Surprisingly we finished the foundation at noon, seated with my back to the wall I saw a treant approach me with a towel. Inspecting the towel I noticed that it was the one I used the previous day, taking the towel I gave this treant a suspicious glance and questioned it.

"Were you the ones that stocked up my pile the other night?" "YAN!"

I'll take that as a yes.

"Did you give me this towel last time as well?" "YAN!"

"Were you the one that... broke into my cabin... and watched me sleep last night?" "..."

I'll take that as a guilty yes...

"Did you also, by chance, raid my food storage...?" "..."

Sighing to myself, I draped the towel around it and dragged into town.

After walking for awhile I noticed some rumours about a miracle white ball rolling around healing people, but the bizarre thing about the rumour was that by rubbing your head against it you'd regrow your hair the next day. Some are claiming that it's a fairy while others are calling it the Herald of Hair, my conclusion from these rumours is that people have too much spare time.

Chewing on a rabbit skewer, I wandered around with my new companion. I'll call it Yan for now, since Yan is the only thing it can say. After a while I notice that Yan had stopped in front of a mask stall, staring intently at a fox mask. Shocked that there was something in its mind aside from food I purchased the mask and gave it to Yan, half expecting Yan to eat it.

"YAN!"

With a loud roar, it sounds like it was pleased. Finishing my shopping I headed back to my cabin with Yan, who was never further than an arm's reach away. Which leads me back to where I am now.

After my mercenary day's I've rarely shared a room with another person, well in this case thing, but experiencing this again once in a while isn't too bad. For a treant it's surprisingly warm to press against...

Let's hope I can spend the rest of my time here peacefully with Yan.

- Liam
    -​

The event that happened yesterday changed my life, for the first time since my retirement I was force to face both my past and fears. To understand my fears I'll need to first address the elephant in the room, why did I retired from being a mercenary?

To keep it short, it happened during the final stretch of the fall of the Adventurer's first headquarters. As mercenaries, we lived by the simple rule of "money is everything", and because of that ridiculous ideal we stepped onto a stage where we didn't belong. That day when our group was running away, we were ambushed by a dragon and slaughtered. Trapped under my horse after it toppled over, I was force to watch on as my friends, my family, my lover get toyed with before being tearing each other apart. That beast had never seen us as equals, it view us in contempt, probably even thinking that crashing us was a chore. I watched as it mocked our feebleness, and yet gave us a chance to live. I still remember its words, "Kill. Kill everyone here. Only the strongest may survive." At that point it didn't matter whether those words were true or not, all that was left was the desire to survive through that pandemonium.

Fathers killed their sons, wives killed their husbands, family bonds and long time friendships didn't matter, no one was left unscathed. After a bloodbath that formed a river of blood, a child stood standing. That boy was someone we picked up recently from an abandoned village, he claimed to be a reincarnated hero from another world. Standing there in the gore and flesh of his peers, he looked at the dragon, threw away his pride and begged, he cried for mercy. Amused, the dragon laughed and chillingly crushed his hopes, "I say only the strongest may live, and I'm the strongest." With one claw, the prophesied hero and hope of humanity was erased. Without even checking for survivors, the dragon simply flew off.

Being pushed to that point, watching everything unfold, I still can't remember what sort of face I made. I was certain of one thing though, I would never be able to hold a sword again. The first thing I did once I was free from the horse was run away, I never thought of retrieving my loved ones nor vengeance, I just wanted to get away from there. It was then that the B-ranked Magic-Swordsman Liam died and the cowardly Liam was born.

Now then, why did I recall this miserable past?

Well, after a few uneventful days together with Yan, we've managed to learn many thing about and from each other. I was most surprise by the fact that it learnt how to read and write from pure observation alone, but unfortunately its vocabulary was limited to a single word. This really had me wondering about the origins of Yan's species.

As the time flew by it was time to work again, collecting my hatchet I headed off towards the forest to collect some more wood. Unfortunately fate sometimes likes to play tricks on us, unaware of my surroundings I was caught of guard by an injured earth dragon. Losing my nerve I dropped my hatchet and staggered backwards toppling over my own feet, never removing its eyes from me, the dragon approach.

No. I don't want to die. Looking around for a path to escape, I quickly found myself backed up against a tree. Having nowhere to go I stared into the dragon's eyes, I saw it, I realised that this is where I will die. Staring into the jaws of death I stood still, all of my regrets died with the previous me. Closing my eyes I waited for the sweet release, but as my mind slowly blanked out a strange thought entered my mind.

"A towel."

And there it was, out of the bushes a treant wearing a fox-mask leapt into the dragon.

Seeing an opportunity, an opening, the hatchet was right beside the dragon...

I ran.

A heard the heavy impact of wood getting smashed into a tree, but I didn't turn back, I kept running.

I'm sorry Yan, but I'm no hero, I don't even deserve to be a human being. Jumping out and sacrificing myself for another person I've just met for a few day is insane, and you're not even a person. While justifying my actions I continued to run, it doesn't matter where to, I just needed to leave.

No longer paying any attention to what was below me I fell. Expecting to see an overgrown root or a stone, I was horrified at what I saw. Crawling back to it I picked up the towel, holding it I noticed that there was something wrapped inside. Opening it up I saw some fresh bread and fruits, seeing this I gave a small smile, so Yan was sneaking off to eat by itself again. Picking up the bread loaf I noticed a sheet of paper underneath, glancing over its contents I felt my heart shatter. My mind became empty, those eight word looped and repeated like a broken track. I had no more control over my body, grabbing the towel and the paper I sprinted with all my might. There was only one thought in my head, "I needed to get back to Yan."

Regret. Self loathing. Shame. These feelings welled up in my chest and my eyes started to burn.

Why am I running back, I can't change anything!

My reasoning is screaming at me telling that I'll be killed if I go back, but I don't care!

Why am I acting so illogical?!

Why am I pushing against the tides?!

Why am I doing so much for something that can't even talk?!

"tHank you LiAm BeiNG wiTh you iS fun."

My helplessness. My fear of being unable to change anything.

But right now all of this doesn't matter, I don't want to be alone.

This time I'll fight for it... So please, hold on until I get there.

Wait for me Yan.
    -​
    Returning to the clearing what welcomed me was a scene of carnage, uprooted trees, craters, there wasn't an unbroken tree in sight. Ignoring the hatchet on the ground I called out for Yan, disregarding whether the dragon was still here or not, I shouted louder.

"yan"

There, I heard it. Taking a sharp turn I found Yan, what was left of Yan. Battered and crushed, Yan was laying there whimpering. Rushing up to Yan and pick Yan up, I finally noticed how light Yan was, missing half of its body it was now cold. Finally seeing the results of my actions, the tears I've held back broke free. My helplessness, my indecision was what caused all of this. Stroking Yan gently, Yan stirred making a soft yelp. Noticing my tears it tried to wipe it away, but the broken stump never reached.

Maybe if I had died back then, maybe none of this would have happened. Yan would still be playing around with her kind, ignorant to the ways of the world, but Yan would have been free. My thoughts slowly spiralled downward, as if noticing my self blame, Yan moved around in my arms again. This time Yan pulled something out from underneath it, there in an unscratched perfect condition was the fox mask I brought it. The first gift I had ever given it...

If I was stronger... No, not like this!

There's no time for this!

Binding the large wound with the towel and holding the paper to my chest, I cradled Yan and ran towards the town. But I felt it, Yan's life force was quickly draining away.

Crack

Turning to the sound, I noticed a shattered fox mask behind me. Looking down into my arms, I've finally realised it. Dropping to my knees, this was finally all over...
    -​
    *This page had drawings drawn all over it and some parts were shaded out, only the following words were legible*
    In
    End
    Valuable
    Regret
    Yan
    Learnt
    Miss

Without a cure for that potion, I was stuck looking like a hairball for most of my trip to the Oakenlake Kingdom. As it was extremely embarrassing, I chose to hide from everyone on the airship and only appeared for the meals.

Upon arrival, my initial actions were to initiate contact with my Tontreants. Luckily they weren't completely stupid and managed to successfully complete the physical heavy work within the first few days, actually, amongst my children, there was one that seemed to be attached to some guy. I think it's going through it's rebellious age, the next time I check, it'll probably be drinking and smoking as well...

Sigh, being a good parent is hard work.

Moving on, when I entered the town I couldn't find anywhere to rent, so I slept on a park bench. When I woke up there were people touching me and rubbing me all over, unable to handle it I rolled off. Yet, regardless of how far I rolled they still chased after me calling me saint, fluffy fairy and hair herald. I think that there's a lot more damages in this town aside from the buildings...

Anyhow, the following days were just a repeated cycle of me sleeping, waking up and getting chased. At this rate I'll never complete my healing mission.

I guess there is one note worthy thing to report, I think their fountain is some sort of magical spring of life. This one time when I was getting chased, I was forced to dive into the fountain. Little did I know that the people would dive in as well, luckily that said fountain was the magical fountain I wanted to report. After I left I noticed that people were still diving in and drinking the water, they were all praising the furry white fairy. This was the first time I've ever heard someone call Rea that, praising the local godlike authority was one thing, but I wonder how Rea gained that name.

However thanks to the fountain I've managed to escape to the forest. I was honestly lost on what to do now, I needed to heal and provide counselling, but if everyone can't handle my charms how am I suppose to help them?

"YYYYAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!"

Sigh, I'm this far in to the forest and there's still crazy people around... I might as well go and take a look.

Watching from the treetops I noticed a young guy cradling a badly damaged Tontreant and crying. What a strange guy... I've heard that some people go really far to protect nature but this is pretty farfetched, shaking my head, as I was about to leave I thought of a brilliant idea.

Jumping down I approached the tree-hugger. As I was getting closer he looked up.

"White fluffy fairy?" (Tree-hugger)

Hmmm, if I were to kill him in the forest, no one would hear him scream right? Nope, nope, nope. Stay focused Ton!

"You there! Filthy snotty-nosed tree-hugger! Would you require counselling and healing?"

Staring at me with his mouth wide open, he started saying a bunch of things at once. From what I could depict, I think he wanted some healing. Does healing a treant even count?

Hhhmmmmmm... saving a life is still s-

"Please I'll give you anything, please save Yan!" (Monologue cutting Tree-hugger)

Sigh, I am a super generous person after all... After taking a closer look at this Yan, I made a proposition, "How about I get you a new Tontreant, this ones on it's final breaths?"

"NO! Please, if you can save her I'd give to anything!" (Third stage of grief: bargaining Tree-hugger)

"Since you're bargaining, how about I give you two whole Tontreant?"

Pressing his head on the ground he begged, "Please save Yan! This was my fault!" (Fourth stage of grief: guilt Tree-hugger)

I honestly kinda have the urge to step on him a little bit, "Sigh, fine. Since I'm running on a tight schedule."

I pulled out all four shards of my Legendary Green Peace Scripture, six five-coloured leaves, the Bones of a Saint, and a drop of my blood and shoved them into Yan while using the green branch's of restoration. To my surprise it was working, the wounds were losing up and most of the body was regrowing. As it was almost complete I received a shock of inspiration! Sometimes even I fear my own ingenious, pinching out the Resentful Heart I shoved it in at the last second. Maybe now I get to see something interesting, according to my calculations...

Yan started to glow...

I jump back and hid behind a nearby log, I must admit, that tree-hugger over there has balls. Did he maybe jump straight to the seventh stage of grief: acceptance/hope?

The light shone brighter and-

BOOM!!!

Dashing towards the tree-hugger I shouted, "Don't worry I can heal you and talk you through this traumatic experience!!!"

-​

Welp, all's well it ends well.

Firstly, unfortunately no one was hurt from the explosion.

Secondly, Yan survived and is now sitting on tree-hugger's lap doodling on his book.

Thirdly, Yan is no longer a treant. That explosion earlier was just her wooden husk getting blown apart, her new form was perfectly safe inside.

Fourthly, yes, Yan is a her now. I guess I should call her a Tondryad that has embarked on the road to immortality. With ivy green hair, brown wooden smooth skin and parts that resemble a pair of fox ears and two antler-like horns, I'd say that she's quite the pretty and little delicate thing. I should probably ask Biel or Rea to see if they have anymore Shard of the Legendary Green Peace Scripture...

Anyhow, Liam plans to return to his mercenary life after Yan matures a bit more. Apparently he has some unfinished business elsewhere, since he didn't tell me, I didn't ask.

Fu, fu, fu, although Liam is stroking Yan's head happily right now, I can't wait to see where this will lead to in a couple of years. Oh little Yan, no matter how much you hide it, you can't hide it from Ton. After all, I was the one that gave you that Resentful Heart, it must be fate that Liam's surname is Deré... It looks like I won't ever be bored at the Frontier Village ever again~

Also it seems that the hair potion still hasn't worn off yet...

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ3 – No Rank – Gather 20 Large Stone [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ15 – No Rank – Remove Rubble [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ25 – No Rank – Provide Medical and Healing Service [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ26 – No Rank – Provide Trauma and Counseling Service [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    ====================================================================
    Welcome back Ton-chan, let's see what you did...

Uhum... I see... Uhn... This report seems a bit lacking though? Seems like you did almost nothing of the job?

*notices the diary*

Let me take a look at this a bit... Huuummm... I see.

Seems like you did almost nothing of the job you signed up to Ton-chan, but your tontreants seem to have helped on the job... It doesn't look like you gave them any directives however... More like they were doing the whole job on their own...

*sigh* I'll let it pass this time, just make sure to do the job properly next time okay? Instead of claiming ownership of the job that your treants did on their own... You'll receive less gold than usual though, since you tried to trick me into it.

Your reward will be of 300G and 260 Event Points, take care now Ton-chan, good luck on your next quests, make sure to do them yourself next time!

4. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plains - #SE2 - E ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [50g]
    Great Plains - #SE3 - E ranked - slay 15 Orcs [50g]
    Great Plains - #SE4 - E ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors [70g]
    Great Plains - #SE5 - E ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [100g]

Me and Yuki

@brasca123

*giggles* what a ride~

"goodluck Kynn-kun~"
    "Hai hai~"

and so after Hikari Processed my quest, i quickly moved to northside of Aeternus. Here i see the beautiful Scenery of a Desert.
    wait... this is the south part... Teehee~ i quickly ran to the otherside and jump over the railings, some people tried to stop me but they were a bit too late.
    now i am falling... the breeze is nice and the ground is quickly getting nearer and nearer. while enjoying the nice breeze, i quickly made an air cushion to stop me from falling splat.

now that i landed safely, lets take a walk while hunting some of the request i made. arara~ there are a group of goblins near the junkyard.
    I then one by one summoned my Foxy Beasts, 2 Greater Fox and 5 2-tailed fox and i also didn't forgot the call for Yuki.

"okay my cute beasts~"
    """"""Kyu-i~""""""
    ""Kyun~""

*Kynn points at the group of goblins*

"see them? those are dirty and annoying... so the guild kind of likes to kill them, also we can kill them too~"
    """"""Kyu-i?""""""
    ""Kyun!""
    "yup~ now lets go get them"
    """"""Kyu-i!!!""""""
    ""Kyun!!""

We charged after those goblins with fireballs flying at their faces, burning 6 goblins taking them in surprise.
    the remaining 4 goblins looked at our direction and also started to charge with angry faces, shooting arrows and throwing stones.
    5 2-tailed foxes ran towards the burning goblins finishing them off, while me, yuki and the greater foxes are fighting the remaining goblins.
    after some futile resistance from the goblins, they fall flat with a red splat. I tried collecting some of the equipment from the goblins but they are very low quality and some are even burned.
    We then gathered their bodies and burned them making a nice but smelly campfire.

"come here everyone~ lets rest for a bit"
    """"""Kyu-i~""""""
    ""Kyun~""

Taking some rest for more than an hour. i then saw from a distance some orcs walking with some bags or sacks. hmmm... maybe there's food there?
    Driven by my stomach i charge alone taking my summoned beast in surprise and starts to follow me too.

"LEAVE THOSE SACKS AND SCRAM!!!"

i shouted like those bandits but there are 10 orcs. they didn't get intimidated for all they see is a lone fox-kin without a weapon.

"bububububu~"

they started to laugh

"wahahahaha~"

i also started to laugh

"bubu?"

they got confused for me laughing. I then made 3 Spears made of stone and shoot at the orc.

"BUBU!!!"

they then charged at me with heavy steps and bloodshot eyes, then a greater fox pounced at the leading orc and bites its neck Brutally.
    then my other summoned beasts shows up and starts firing fireballs at the orcs and biting them to death. then 5 orcs suddenly shows up joining the fray and battles with my summoned beasts.
    Yuki shows up Huffing and jumps on top of my head, lightly smacks my head. Kyaa~ so cute~

"kyu~un Kyui!!"
    "yes yes sorry i wont leave you again~"

Yuki then starts to create 5 spears of ice, 7 lances of fire and shots at the newcomer orcs. hitting them on various locations like the head, the neck, chest.

after the battle finished and the orcs are dead or well-done cooked. i proceed on looking at the loot and the sacks they are carrying.

3 sacks of fruits
    1 sack of rotten meat

i proceeded on storing the sacks of fruits as they are still edible. i gave some of the fruits i looted to my cute foxes and they happily eat it.

i proceeded on walking aimlessly enjoying the scenery of burning orc carcasses some ocassional kobold attacks and some rabbits jumping around.
    without knowing it. we already killed 15 kobolds on my aimless walk at the par- i mean looking for enemies.

i unconciously stumbled upon a campfire of boar warriors. whoa... ugly... orcs are a bit cuter than this...

"BUGHA!!!!"

whoa... their breath is also smelly... wont their bodies also smells if also burned? maybe i should just bury them alive...
    Okay~ Bury them alive it is~

i then created a big pitfall below their foot and they fell. a boar warrior manages to cling on the edge of the pitfall but i kicked him on the snout making hime scream and fall.

then making sure they will die, i made a big sphere of water and drops it to the hole to drown them, then i closed the pit with earth magic.

*yawns~*
    "this is tiresome, lets go home now that it is finished~"
    """"""Kyu-i~""""""
    ""Kyun~""

reaching directly below Aeternus. i wonder how to get back up, my summoned beasts are now returning to the book of summons.

*sighs*

i create a strong gust upwards to carry me back above, i reached for a railing and some distance away i saw a crowd gathering at the other side.
    im curious but im tired for the day and so i walk back to the guild to report.

5. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ23 - No Rank - Cook in the Emergency Kitchen [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ17 - No Rank - Fix The Houses [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ18 - No Rank - Fix The Wall [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ16 - No Rank - Remove Rubble [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ8 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Fruits [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ10 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Wild Berries [100g | Event Points]

alone

@shad12ow

Old man!!! im back~

"Granted! Please follow the rules properly. take care of the environment."

"i wonder why but okay? its not like im going to kill treants or anything"

i proceed to walk towards the guild quartermaster for some bags.

Slaming the door open with a BANG!

"OLD MAN! i need 10 bags"
    "WHOS AN OLD MAN!! and here. for the Oakenlake restoration project?"
    "yes!"
    "okay, goodluck then"
    "thanks old man!"
    "WHOS AN OLD MAN!!!"

i then ran out of the room and also the guild. running towards the port asking some directions.

"umm, sir? do you know where is the port?"
    "treacherous port or the Guild airport?"
    "guild one"
    "over there"
    "ohh thank you!!"

i then ran and ask for a free ride at the attendant for oakenlake. saying something about the restoring some houses and fixing some walls he let me inside an airship.
    i quickly choose a seat and started to doze off.

the attendant from earlier woke me up saying we have arrived at the oakenlake capital, i thanked him and i got out wobbling.
    walking to some carriages asking to where are the villages who sent some request to the guild, he then points the directions and i started to walk.
    summoning 5 greater foxes and 7 2-tailed foxes, i then ordered them to gather some wild berries and some fruits while walking.
    retrieving some bags, i gathered and put the berries on a bag and fruits on another. when it gets full i put the full bag of berries and fruits inside the Item bag.

when i reached a village or a town with this many people. i asked around for the guild officials and giving and putting the gathered berries and fruits on a tent.
    i then proceed on another tent with a chimney and smoke rising from it.

i entered and said im from the guild doing a commission on cooking and fixing some stuff. i was then called left and right by the cooks helping them cook.

phew~ that was tiresome. maybe i should just do the fixing and removing the rubble tommorrow.

waking up with my summoned beast. we proceed on walking towars the currently under-constuction Town wall. greeting some workers and saying im supposed to help.
    i was pulled and pushed to workplace to workplace, helping them, giving some bricks, fortifying it.

6 hours after that, the wall is now finished good as new! .... it is new....

i then ask to where i should do the next job, the constructor points on some random rubble next to a crumbling house,
    asking the help of my summoned beast we pushed, dragged, and accidently turned it onto a golem. the head engineer was surprised for a bit but then i said it will help me removing the rubble and fixing the house, he let it go.

"dont scare me like that kiddo, that is bad for my heart.... i thought we were under attack."
    "hahaha~ sorry~ i might do that accidently later~"
    "oi!"
    "hahaha~ just kidding~"

helping the engineer on his work and following his instruction, we removed the rubble and made it into a golem and also help it fix some houses. IT WAS 2 WORKS IN ONE GOLEM!!... wait... it was 5 golem i made... oh well who cares.
    4 hours after fixing the houses i said my goodbyes and make the golems walk toward the pile of rubble and as if they run out of gas they crumbled into another pile of rubble.. *sniff sniff* i will miss them...

oh now we are done lets go home~ waking my summoned beast they returned on the grimoire on their own... and let walk back towards the capital and hitch some ride back to the guild and report~~

ExitedDeviljho, Nurman and fuzor100 like this.
  6. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ23 - No Rank - Cook in the Emergency Kitchen [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ17 - No Rank - Fix The Houses [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ18 - No Rank - Fix The Wall [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ16 - No Rank - Remove Rubble [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ8 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Fruits [100g | Event Points]
    #EZ10 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Wild Berries [100g | Event Points]
    ======================================================
    "Who's an old man, you dolt!?....Ugh....that aside, I think you have done a good job there. No nature's destruction, no unwanted damage, no ruckus....Good. Here is 600 G and 190 Event Points. Take care now."

Kysil and Nurman like this.
  7. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ14 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags Moonlight Herb [ 100 gold | Event Points ] Gathered in the night on the first day but not included in the report as it was technically the early morning of the next day.
    #EZ16 – No Rank – Remove Rubble [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ17 – No Rank – Fix The Houses [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ18– No Rank – Fix The Wall [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ23 – No Rank – Cook in The Emergency Kitchen [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    Anna NPC Receptionist/Guild Staff - No nonsense woman, gets the job done and does it well. Accepts Blanc's biscuits out of habit, secretly stores them away for her nephews.
    Al/Albert NPC Adventurer - Male; Cheerful, wind mage & healer
    Bryn NPC Adventurer- Female; youngest, earth mage
    Curtis NPC Adventurer - Male; Rough, warrior, stocky build
    It was nearing the end of the week and the village reconstruction was nearing completion. The elves of the village had grown closer with the humans that were once strangers. It was hard to resist warming up to them when they were constantly given sweets by a certain fan wielding adventurer. Her efforts to help were commendable, even if her other companions did most of the heavy lifting.

Sweeping across the nooks and crannies of the village was a gentle breeze filled with laughter. Happiness had filled the village again and everyone could now relax. If you followed the sound of laughter, it will lead you to the source of it. The kitchens.

The sweet smell of freshly baked biscuits were wafting through the air as they were taken out of the oven. Blanc had spent the majority of her stay here in the kitchens with Mar Ai. Together they would make breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Also snacks! Who could forget the snacks~! When she handed in her first set of reports, Shadows' small spider also brought back some honey candy for her to share. The other elves enjoyed it immensely.

During the week they were all able to grow closer together. Blanc continued to make more of her bread everyday, her biscuits were also a hit~! She does wonder why they never did sell back home...

"Alright kids, the biscuits are done. So here are the ones I promised you~! Thanks for setting up the tables this week, you are all my little helpers. Fufufu~"

Blanc pats each of them on the head as they line up one by one to receive their reward. Ahh~ children were so cute, she was glad to see them smile like this. She really was going to miss them when she went back to Aeternus. As long as they grew up safe and sound that was really all she could hope for.

"..Blanc..hey Blanc! We are waiting on you, you slow poke! Stop daydreaming and skip on over here!"

Blanc snaps out of her thoughts as she hears that familiar voice call out to her. He had been addressing her this way the entire week, why did he have an affinity for wind as well? He shouldn't be using the wind to send messages like this, what a lazy wind mage. Hmph, even using the wind to tease her.

Stepping past the children and out the back door she went towards the sound of that voice. It was time to depart from this village, everyone had already said their farewells the night before. Much singing and dancing had occurred, bringing joy and life back into this area. Much to the amusement of her fellow adventurers, Blanc insisted on drawing a picture to commemorate the event. Those who had not witnessed first hand her artistic talent were in for a treat. Anna tried to stop her but it was all for naught, Blanc didn't listen to anyone when it came to her drawings. It clearly was a flower right? It looked nothing like a cookie...

As she made her way to the entrance of the village, Blanc looked around and couldn't help but smile. The transformation of the village was amazing. You wouldn't have thought that merely 1 week ago it looked like a tornado had struck leaving most of the village in ruins. The village was now cleared of rubble thanks to everyone efforts, they worked together to move it all outside the village walls. The majority of the rubble was moved by Al and Brynn, with the former also keeping the air clean of dust. Brute force and strength seemed to be Curtis' focus, Blanc remembered she stared at him for a while as he shoveled the rubble into the wheelbarrows at an incredible speed. She wanted to try it herself but couldn't keep up, by the end of the week her muscles we slightly aching from the one sided competition. It seems weight training was on the list of things to do when she went back.

The houses were once again bound together by wood and vines to hold them steady. Bryn was the expert in this field, being an earth mage certainly was helpful. Blanc did her best with collecting sorting through the wood and ensuring that the interior of the houses were aesthetically pleasing. As an experiment, she carved a flower onto the spare wood to pass the time when Bryn was helping the elves reinforce their homes. She though it looked rather pretty, based on this notion she carved a different flower for every home in the village and placed it in a different spot each time.

Blanc did not have much knowledge in fixing walls, so she had to work under guidance before everyone all agreed she could do it unsupervised. It somehow felt like she was back home...being treated like a kid again sure was a nice feeling. Fufufu~ too bad she knew how to bake, she also wanted someone to guide her in baking. Blanc would carefully stack the rocks on top of each other making sure the foundation was stable, it was like the layers of a cake~! Afterwards Bryn would do her magic and all the rocks would combine together. It really was a sight to see, magic sure was handy~!

Mr Quarret was thoughtful enough to pack some seeds into the basket for her, although he wasn't able to pack a table. Anna's Item Box had a table in it, being a receptionist sure was hard. Her in box was constantly filled with our requests and she also had to organise the tools for us to use.

When Blanc had spare time after dinner, she would also help plant flowers and strong shrubs around the walls now that they were repaired.

A soft humming is heard at the end of everyday after dinner, this humming carried the wishes of the ones in the village for a new beginning. A new start for everyone in Oakenlake and the continued growth of their once nature filled community. Bryn commented that she could feel the earth singing with happiness at their revival and rushing forth through the ground to show their approval. As the week went by, Blanc noticed that the seeds she helped plant the day before were slowly maturing and settling into their new surroundings.

Time was all that they needed to be able to build their village back together, the adventurers that came to help were welcomed with caution but they slowly warmed up to this mismatched group of people.

As she walks out of the entrance of the village Blanc sees her fellow adventurers...and her. Darn~! Anna was still here. Every time she saw Blanc, Anna would pat her on the head. Blanc was not a pet! Hmph~!

She remembered the first time she met them, on the evening of the first day at this village. They had come at night while Blanc was gathering the 5 bags of moonlight herbs. After a short introduction they all agreed to call it a day and went back to their tents to rest. It was only as she got to know them that Blanc realised it was the first time she was working on a quest with an actual group of adventurers who did all their quests together. At first glance they looked like a mismatched bunch; Albert a wind mage that also specialises in healing; Brynn the earth mage who was also the youngest in the group and Curtis the silent and stocky warrior. The more time she spent with them the more she wished she also had a team to rely on.

Blanc cuts her thoughts before they become even more depressing, Anna would scold her for thinking this way. Being a receptionist made one more scary...

"...Oi Blanc, why did it take you ten times as long to get here? You usually get here as fast...as fast as me actually. Wind certainly likes you alot." (Al)

"Most likely daydreaming, or playing with the children. Really can only be one or the other." (Bryn)

"Don't look so disappointed Blanc, we are going back together so no mishaps will occur this time. You are also forbidden from suggesting any alternative methods to go back to Aeternus." (Anna)

"..." (Curtis)

"I will miss you guys too~!" Blanc forces a smile on her face as she says this. She never was good with goodbyes.

"Come on then let's get going, the airship is in the clearing ahead." Anna says this as she pats Blanc on the head as she simultaneously pushes her in the right direction.

Bryn loops her arm with Blanc as she says: "It's not like we won't ever see you again Blanc...although we are going on another quest after this. But we can always write to each other~!"

"...You're an idiot Blanc." Albert says as he flicks her on the forehead and then rest his hand over heart. "We will always be here, just like your family. I think we are more worried about you forgetting us."

Curtis snorts at this before muttering: "You even forgot we were listed to help..."

"uwah when are you guys going to let that go~! I didn't mean too~! I got distracted trying to come here as quick as I could~!"

All 4 of them answer at the same time: "Never!"

Laughter fills the air as they walk through the doors of the airship. Blanc pauses at the doorway before looking back into the distance. If she looked carefully, the outlines of the village could be seen. That warm feeling of being able to help someone in their time of need was unforgettable. She will not to forget this time with her new found friends. They will be her precious memories. Always.
    Blanc walks in sticking close to Anna as she hands in her quest report. Smiling sheepishly she offers some cookies to Shadow before running back out the door.

"Sorry I have to go see Mr Quarret again~! I forgot to tell him that the sign pointing to his shop was put in the wrong place. It pointed to an alleyway~! Oh and thanks for the honey candy~! They were delish we all enjoyed them together~!

@shad12ow

ExitedDeviljho, Carm and shad12ow like this.
  8. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ8 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Fruits [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ10 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Wild Berries [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ24 – No Rank – Create Medicinal Potions [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    Night, Oakenlake Kingdom

"It seems that it really happened..."

I muttered as I looked at my body which has shrunk while holding onto the violet cat tail which used to be 10 pairs of fox tails.

But with a sigh, I quickly accepted this fact and put my troubled thoughts at the back of my mind, since it would not really help to keep being troubled with this.

So with that mentality, I finally at a certain forest. After asking around, I found out that this is the nearest place where I can find Oak and Pine trees, hence why I came here.

Unhurriedly, I moved towards the nearest oak tree and stood before it. Compared to the other surrounding trees, it can be said this tree could only be said as average. But compared to me, even though I hate to admit it, is like comparing an adult with a child...

With that begrudging thought, I softly called out.

"Wind Blade."

To normal people, they would not notice any changes, but if someone comes near me, they would instantly be cut by the sharp blades of wind around me.

After forming my wind blades, I then unhurriedly pointed towards the trunk of the oak tree.

In the eyes of others, after I pointed towards the trunk of the oak tree, a gust of wind mysteriously blew from behind me, followed by the rumbling sound of the oak tree which has fallen.

When I examined it, I saw that the cut mark is smooth, proving how sharp my Wind Blade is, making me satisfied.

I then continued to cut down trees using my Wind Blades until I finally cut down 10 Oak Trees and 10 Pine Trees. But it was at that moment that I realized...

'How am I going to carry all these..?'

I thought as I looked at the trees currently lying silently on the ground.

Leaving aside the fact that there are 20 trees, even one tree is much too big for me to carry on my own, and if I wish to carry it using wing magic, I am only going to run out of mana half-way to the nearest village with the amount of trees. Carrying them one by one in rounds is also not something I wish to do with how tedious it would be.

As I grimaced at each unfeasible ideas, I quietly pondered for a solution to this predicament.

At that moment, a voice drifted from behind me.

"Excuse me, are you from the Adventurer's Guild?"

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, I turned around, and I realized that a group of elves has been standing behind me.

"I am, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Well, we were actually wondering if you are in need of help."

The elf which seems to be leader of the group said as he looked towards the trees lying on the ground.

Finding no need to hide it, I nodded truthfully at him as I explained.

"Yes, if you could do me a favor, please carry these back to the nearest elf village. I do not specialize in strength you see."

Hearing my explanation, he nodded before replying.

"I see, well, coincidentally, the nearest elf village is actually ours, and we are also in need of logs, hence why we came here. But thanks to little miss' help, our job just became easier."

At his words, I was about to nod and be on my way, but when I heard him say little miss, I froze on my spot as I stared straight into his eyes.

"Did you just call me... little miss?"

When I said those words, the elves behind the elf leader shivered as they moved back with pale faces, Fufufu~ I wonder why..?

Yet, the elf leader stood there calmly with his ever-existing refreshing smile. Then, with no warning whatsoever, he suddenly placed his hand on my head and started patting it.

"Haha, well, it is not a good idea for a little girl like you to be out so late, even if you are an adventurer, you need to take care of yourself better."

Once the word 'little girl' was said, I could feel something snap within me, making the rest of his useless words pass through my ears.

Little girl? Little miss? Just because my body shrunk by a bit, he dared to call me a little girl?

With a darkened face, I quietly called out.

"Wind Bl-."

But before I could finish, one of the elves pulled the elf leader back while another came forward and bowed deeply towards me.

"Please forgive our leader, he is just... blunt and unable to read the mood, so please forgive him!"

At the elf's words, I could feel my burning rage slowly receding.

But to keep myself from losing control, I turned around and said to him quietly.

"Go and bring all the trees back, I still need to complete the rest of my quests."

"Yes ma'am!"

Saying that, with a delighted face as if he was pardoned from a death sentence, the elf quickly ran away with his leader and group.

After I took a moment to look at the elves as they carried the trees away, I coldly humphed before going deeper into the forest to search for the rest of the quest items.

* * *​

As time passed within the forest, I could feel the anger within me disappearing as I focused myself to the beauty of the surrounding nature. But I still focused on my quest and used my Eyes of Appraisal, which caused my violet eyes to glitter in silver, to identify each plant I saw.

A few minutes later, I quickly managed to collect 3 bags of fruit and 2 bags of wild berries. But when I finished filling my third bag of wild berries, I noticed patches of tiny, common-looking plant growing in an inconspicuous location. When I identified it using my Eyes of Appraisal, I realized that they were actually patches of Healing Grass. Without pondering for long, I harvested most of the patch, leaving a few to reproduce.

After that small event, nothing else happened even until I finished collecting all 5 bags of fruit and wild berries, and since I have finished collecting them, I have nothing else to do, so I decided to return to the nearest elf village.

After a short walk, I quickly arrived outside the forest, and when I glanced around, I noticed that the 20 trees I cut down have already disappeared together with the group of elves. When I thought back to them, it reminded me of that elf leader and the words he said, causing the word 'little girl' and 'little miss' to resound within my mind, making the suppressed rage to appear once again.

But after I took a few deep breaths, I managed to take control of myself. So with that state of mind, I hurriedly went to the nearest village to finish the rest of my quests.

* * *​

When I arrived at the nearest village, I saw various broken houses in the process of being rebuilt all over the city.

As I went through the village in search of the one in-charge, I coincidentally saw the elf who asked for forgiveness for his leader, helping out with the rebuilding process. And coincidentally, he also turned and saw me at the same time.

He then turned back and said a few words to the elf nearest to him, even though he was quite far, I was able to hear him asking his companion to take his place for a moment.

After he finished talking, he turned and moved towards me while waving his hands in greeting.

"So it's the adventurer lady from before, it seems that you have finished your business in the forest?"

"Yes, I am in search of the one in-charge in this village so that I can submit the fruit and berries, and continue on to my next quest."

When he heard my words, the elf stared blankly for a moment before a troubled expression surfaced on his face. Seeing his troubled expression, I questioned.

"Is there something wrong? Can I not see the one in-charge currently?"

At my words, the elf shook his head and turned away.

"No... I can lead you to our leader, but I hope that you would not get too mad."

Hearing his explanation, question marks filled my head as I followed him quietly.

After walking for a while, we arrived before one of the few buildings that has been fixed and is bigger than the others.

"Come in, and please don't be too angry."

More question marks appeared as I curiously entered the house, but once I entered the building, all those questions was swept away, only leaving a silent, burning rage.

"Ah, it's the little miss from before, you have not gone home yet?"

Inside the building, I saw an elderly-looking elf and the elf leader from before standing next to him.

Without replying to his words, I looked to my side, at the elf who led me here. But he only hung his head in resignation with a wry smile. Seeing the look on his face, I could feel some of my rage disappearing. So I ignored the elf leader and spoke towards the elderly elf.

"I am an adventurer from the Adventurer's Guild, here to submit the requested items, and I also accepted the request for potions and healing services."

I then took out 10 bags of fruit and wild berries, showing it to the elf elder as proof.

After a quick glance at the bag, the elf elder nodded before finally saying.

"You have my gratitude for have helped us. And I hope you would excuse my stupid son if he offended you."

Hearing the sincerity within his voice, I couldn't not forgive the elf leader. So I could only sigh inwardly and reply.

"It is fine, it could not be helped with how... my height is."

Once I finished, I wryly smiled and looked down at my feet. Unfortunately, it made me notice the shortness of my height, making me feel worse.

As if noticing the change of my mood, the elf elder spoke once more.

"I believe you said that you took our request for potions and healers?"

Lifting my head, I replied.

"Yes, I have learnt the alchemy skill not too long ago and knows some simple healing type water magic."

"I see, we have an alchemist workshop nearby, you may use anything within for now. Take it as a sign of apology for my son's rudeness."

"That would be great, since I currently do not have any alchemy equipments."

"Mm, I will have someone take you there."

Accepting his offer, I was about to turn around and leave. But at that moment, the elf who led me here stepped forward and spoke.

"Elder, I have finished most of my duties, so I can be her guide."

At once, questioning glances converged towards that elf, in spite of that, he still managed to keep his composure as he stood there waiting for a reply.

Moments later, the elf elder finally parted his lips.

"That is fine, lead her to the workshop, if she requests anything, do your best to satisfy them."

After speaking those words as if I was no longer in the room, the elf elder lowered his eyelids, an indication to have everyone else leave the room which I naturally knew.

So, the elf and I left the room together.

Outside, the elf, without saying anything unhurriedly led me to the workshop.

It did not take long for us to arrive at the workshop. It could not be called extravagant nor could it called as a poor place. Average would be a much more fitting description for the building which simply looked like a big wooden cabin.

But the inside is filled with the basic necessities for crafting classes. At one side of the building, I saw a long table with alchemy equipments atop of it.

Standing before the table, I pondered for a moment before turning towards the elf.

"Can you bring a small animal that is alive?"

Without questioning anything, the elf nodded before leaving the building.

Once the elf left, I took out all the Healing Herbs I collected before and ground one of them into dust.

Then, I poured the dust into a glass vial and poured water into it before mixing them together.

After some time, the water in the vial turned green. Noticing that, I stopped mixing them and created a small fire at the tip of my finger.

After making sure that the fire is not too hot, I hovered the vial atop of the fire. Not long after, the water started to slowly turn light green, seeing this, I extinguished the fire and took a closer look at the vial using Eyes of Appraisal.

With a quick examination, I found that the potion has healing properties, just what I wanted.

And at that moment, the workshop's door opened, revealing the elf who has just returned with a small rabbit in hand.

Even though I have faith in my skills, I do not wish for any accident to happen.

So taking the rabbit from his hand, I formed a small wind blade and carefully made a small cut on one of the rabbit's leg to make sure that the rabbit do not struggle.

Once finished, I took the potion vial and poured a small amount on the wound. Moments later, the wound on the rabbit's leg slowly healed in a speed noticeable to the eyes.

Seeing the results, I nodded to myself and continued to make the potions until I ran out of Healing Herbs.

"I have ran out of materials, hand these potions to the ones in needs and call for anyone else which needs a healing. If possible, bring the ones with heavier injuries first. Even though my healing magic is not strong, I can at least help lighten the injury."

Acknowledging my orders, the elf once again left and quickly returned with a group of wounded elves in tow.

It took a while to everyone, but fortunately no accidents happened.

Finished with the last of my quests, I noticed that the moon is high up in the sky, showing that it is already midnight.

So I told the elf to give my regards to the elf elder before I went out of the village and ran back to the nearest town with a teleportation gate connected to the guild.
    @shad12ow

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  9. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ14 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags Moonlight Herb [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ16 – No Rank – Remove Rubble [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    ============================================================
    "Good day, Blanc. Ah, good work, good work. I see that you have not only completed your job, but also created a bond with the other. Impressed. This is 500 G and 135 Event Points. Take care now~!"

ExitedDeviljho and BlancFrost like this.
  10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ24 – No Rank – Create Medicinal Potions [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    ==============================================================
    "Good day to you, Inari. I see that you have become more and more skillful in making potion. I will enjoy discussing some potion recipe with you some time in the future. And....don't be too angry at being called a little miss. Hahahaha~! Well, here is 600 G and 195 Event Points. Take care now, friend~!"

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plains - #SE2 - E ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [50g]
    Great Plains - #SE3 - E ranked - slay 15 Orcs [50g]
    Great Plains - #SE4 - E ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors [70g]
    Great Plains - #SE5 - E ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [100g]
    =================================================
    Welcome back Kynn-kun!

Uhum, seems like everything is in order, please have 270G as your reward then, take care now! \(^^)/

(( Just one small nitpick, avoid saying things like "5 2-tailed foxes ran towards the burning goblins finishing them off", it's really confusing, either write "5 two-tailed foxes" or "five 2-tailed foxes" next time... I personally prefer the former of them both, but either one works nicely.

"5 2-tailed foxes" took me some time to understand what you were talking about. ))

12. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Sorry about that confusion, will try to implement it in future quests))

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ11 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags Aromatic Herb [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ12 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Game Meat [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    A large shadow loomed over a certain village inside the Oakenlake Kingdom’s domain. The villagers of said place gazed at it with visible fear and worry on their face. Some have even started to flee. But then some people dressed in uniform calmed them down. The same people also guided the airship to land on a clearing not far from the edge of the village.

The airship landed gently on the clearing without any trouble. Seconds after that, the side of the airship opened up and then a few people came out of it pushing carts after carts filled with various materials. Among those people, a lone figure walked toward the people in uniform. After the figure was a few steps away, one of them stood forward and gave a salute.

“Sir, everything is ready.”

“Good, then unload the material and started delivering those to the other post.”

“Sir, Yes, Sir!”

He gave a salute and then returned to the group of busy people in uniform. They are none other than staff of The Guild that have been stationed there. And the figure that came out of the airship is none other than Shadow, the Guildmaster.

While the staff were busy unloading cart after cart of material to rebuild the village, Shadow just stood there, overlooking the whole operation. On his eyes, a mixed emotion could be seen. Angry. Angry at the monsters that has caused so much the devastation to the villagers. Sad. Sad to see that many of them have been deprived of their houses and family member. And finally, disappointment. At himself. Because once again he was too late to help them. Of course, he also knew very well that it is not his fault. The kingdom purposefully conceals that fact from them and even he himself was busy at managing the Guild terrible condition after the last battle. But even so, he couldn’t shake away that feeling of helplessness after realizing that he could save more lives if he could move the Guild to help much sooner.

“Master Shadow.”

A mechanical voice came from behind him. Even though he heard that Shadow just stood there without averting his gaze even for a second.

“What is it, Arkley?”

“Someone has come to meet you, Master Shadow.”

“Hmm? Who is it?”

“I-It’s been a while, G-Guildmaster.”

Hearing his title being pronounced in a rather unaccustomed manner, he lifted one his eyebrows. And then he turned around. To his surprise, the one that called his name is anything but a strange to him.

“….Not that long, I think. Isn’t that, right Fafina?”

“Y-Yes, it has not. Y-You’re right.”

“And call me Shadow.”

“…Is it okay? I m-mean, you are the Guildmaster and the head of the powerful guild of adventurer.”

“It’s fine. Besides, hearing someone called me that while she herself is not a member is rather unfitting.”

“I-I’m terribly sorry!”

Her face flustered and she immediately bowed her head in a hurry, making her long dirty blonde hair swayed in the air.

“Don’t worry. I’m not scolding you or anything. Raise your head.”

“Y-Yes.”

When she lifted her head, a sense of discomfort and a bit of fear could be perceived from her expression. That made Shadow let out a silent sigh. The moment she realized that the reason of said sigh is none other than her, her whole body stiffened.

“Relax. I won’t hurt you or anything. As a matter of fact, I think you came at the right time.”

“Eh?”

“I’ll get back to that soon. Arkley, how is the loading of the material?”

“It’s running right on schedule, Master Shadow.”

“Good. Keep a few spiders around the airship and also some of the cart. Keep monitoring them. We’re going to leave for a bit.”

“Acknowledged, Master Shadow.”

After saying that, the big spider released a lot of small sized mechanical spiders. The spiders then disperse into various directions. As expected, that scared some of the elven villagers. That also forced some of the guild staff to calm them down while letting out some sigh along the way.

“Hiii!!!” A shriek of terror came out of the elven mage as she saw that, “W-W-What are those!?”

“Those? My mechanical spiders. I thought you already saw them.”

“U-Uhm…I think I tried to forget them….”

“Ah, yes. You almost fainted at that time. True, true.” A small chuckle accompanied that last comment from Shadow, which earned him a pout from the elf mage. He noticed that, but he pretended to ignore that. “Now, Fafina, I think I need your help to finish some of my work.”

“Work? Me?”

“Yes, you. Who else. Come on. Arkley!”

“Yes, Master Shadow.” Arkley lowered himself slightly and then Shadow jumped onto the top of him. He then offered his hand toward the still confused Fafina. “I’ll tell you on the way.”

“O-Okay…I guess.”

“So it’s that way?”

“Yes. Go past that boulder and you will see it.”

“Understood,” said Shadow as he gave a short nod to Fafina’s answer. “Then Arkley, if you please~”

A short clanking sound reverberated as Arkley tapped his metallic mandibles together to show that he heard that command from his creator. Once again, Arkley deployed hundreds of mechanical spider onto the field around him. They then started to creep all around the tree and bushes to do their task. Some scurried onto the bushes to pick some berries, some climbed the tall tree to get some ripe fruits, and while the rest searched for some aromatic herb they can get.

“…..I still can’t get used seeing….those….” Fafina’s voice was a mix of disgust and fear when she said that. But once again, Shadow ignored that and kept on walking to a certain direction with Arkley near him. A soft sigh escaped the elf’s lips before she followed behind him.

After a few minutes of walking, the two stopped and in part of the forest that has a group of pine tree. The amount was more than adequate for Shadow to harvest them. But to her surprise, the man in front of him focused more on the less than suitable tree of the group. He approached one of the smaller tree and then started observing it. Fafina just stood there without saying anything to the peculiar behavior of the Guildmaster.

“Hey, Fafina, you can see mana, right?” The question was thrown to her without him looking back at her.

“I can….But why?”

“I have…. an experiment I want to do,” he paused and then touched the bark of the tree before continuing, “And this tree is suitable for it. But I need your help. You just need to see the mana inside this tree and also the mana near the tree,” he turned around and looked at her, “Can you do that?”

“I think it’s not a problem. But….what experiment?”

A slight smile formed on his face. For some reason, the elf felt a shudder as a slight feeling of fear came to her when witnessing said smile of his, but she stayed silent. Shadow then pulled out a small vial filled with greenish blue liquid. Then her fear turned to worry after seeing such suspicious object he suddenly pulled out of his spatial gloves.

“This, my friend, is an accelerated growth agent. Give it one drop and a tree will grow much faster. Give it two drops and it can make a tree grow thrice its size. More than that, well….we’ll see.”

“…Is that even possible?”

“It is~! It is~! Just trust me~! I’m a scientist~!”

The same smile still on his face as he said that with a very pleased voice. But once again, for some reason, Fafina felt a shudder. She doesn’t know why but she felt that.

“Shall we start then~?”

He then pulled out several tools with various gauges on it and then set them around the tree. The preparation was done in less than a minute and Shadow was already crouching near the root of the tree.

“Fafina, how is the mana around here and inside the tree?”

“E-Eh? Uhm….” She concentrated her mana vision and tried to perceive the surrounding mana. For one that is always surrounded by nature’s mana, that task is a very easy task. She only needs less than a second to know that. “Steady and calm. Nothing is wrong.”

Hearing that, Shadow peeked onto the measuring tool and then he nodded several times.

“Then let’s start~! How about….3 drops, for now~!”

Slowly but steady, he dropped exactly 3 drops of the vial’s content onto the root. He then stepped back and then observed the reaction.

The first second, nothing happened at all.

Then the second….then the third…..

“Ah!”

A sudden shout came from Fafina as she looked at the mana around the tree. Her eyes widened in shock as she keeps observing the mana.

“What is it?”

“T-The mana….they are flowing inside the tree!”

“Ho? Really?”

In contrast to the surprised Fafina, Shadow just said that with a calm voice. He just peeked a little to the measuring device. At that point, a grin appeared on his face.

“Excellent! It works! Now we shoul-What the!?”

He couldn’t finish his sentence as a sudden loud rumbling came from the direction of the tree. Noticing something is not right, he quickly moved back. And so did Fafina.

Then as they were backing away from the tree, the root started to grow bigger and bigger to the extent of ripping the soil apart at an alarming rate, making the equipment set around it fell sideway. The bark also expanded and countless leaves started to sprout from the ever expanding branches.

The two kept backing away while keeping their eyes glued to the transforming tree. It kept on expanding and expanding in a very fast pace. After a few minutes, the tree then started expanding.

“S-Shadow….the tree….is growing….”

“…You don’t say?”

In front of them, the figure of the young tree is nowhere to be seen. Instead, there stood a magnificent tree that has become the tallest amongst the other Pine tree. Although not exaggeratingly tall, it is still the tallest of them all. The bark itself has more than tripled its usual diameter. The branches are fat and healthy looking, covered with lush leaves. In short, it has grown. Much more than it should.

“Uhm, Fafina, how’s the mana around it?”

“O-Oh, yeah. L-Let me see.” She tried to see the mana around the tree. They were quite calm. Nothing was wrong with it. But then she realized something was different. “The amount….they decreased? Not much, though.”

“Hmm?” Shadow tapped his chin as he heard the mage’s report. “Then how about the tree itself.”

“The tree? There’s nothing wro….wait…” Her face cramped up a bit and then she closed her eyes as she tried to perceive the mana inside the tree again. “It can’t be….there’s so much…”

“What? Really?”

Hearing that, Shadow came closer to the tree and then looked at the equipment that was on the ground. He quickly fixed them up and looked at the gauge. He widened his eyes and then a wide smile appeared on his face. The smile then turned to laughter.

“Excellent! It works! Hahaha~!”

He then stood back to Fafina’s side and then looked at the magnificent tree.

“Now, we can cut it down. Arkley! Bring the cutting crew here, would you~?”

“As you wish, Master Shadow.”

After the usual tap of his metallic mandibles, a dozen of buzz saw spiders appeared. They don’t waste time as they quickly crept onto the big tree, taking their position. Moments after that, the buzzing sound of the saws reverberated throughout the air. The tree shook and the leaves made a loud rustling sound as the spider do their work. In a matter of seconds, the tree leaned sideway and it started to fall down. A loud sound of impact followed by a huge shake of the earth happened as it hit the ground.

“Hey, Fafina, do you think this tree can be processed just like a normal tree?”

Shadow asked that question with his attention still at the spiders that have started to trim the fallen pine tree. But realizing that he got no answer, he looked to his companion only to see that she was looking at the fallen tree with mouth gaping opened.

“Hey, you okay?”

“……cutting it…..so fast…..”

He could hear her mumbling that over and over again. Due to that, he decided to let her calm down by her own and focus on getting 9 more pine tree for the mission. But as expected, due to his army of spider ‘lumberjack’, his job was over in a short time. The spider-crew even managed to get some unfortunate animals that were unable to get away from their clutches. And even at that time, Fafina was still in her shocked condition.

Seeing that, Shadow let out a soft sigh and then he just tapped her shoulder.

“W-What?”

“Good to have you back with us. So, ready to move to our next location?”

“E-Eh? What do you mean? Aren’t you supposed to collect more?”

“The pine logs? Already done with that,” said Shadow as he gestured toward the collected pine logs that have been cleaned. There were even a few bags of hunted animal there, next to the spiders that waved their legs and mandibles to them – an action which made Fafina wore a cramped wry smile. “Let’s go to the next location. I want to try this potion with the Oak tree. Curious~!”

“….Y-Yes, o-okay…”

In the end of the day, the two got back from their journey to the place where the airship has landed. And for some reason, Fafina looked quite haggard and tired while Shadow was humming a happy tune as he leads a group of spiders carrying all of the requested item - bags of meat, fruits, berries, herb, and also the pine and oak logs. Some of the staff could hear Fafina mumbling “….How could an oak tree became that big that fast?....And…they cut it down….so fast….” over and over again, but they decided to just ignore it for their own sanity and safety. They all know that everything that involves the Guildmaster is never a normal thing.
    Loot Collected :
    • 1 x Log of Enhanced Pine tree
    • 9 x Log of normal Pine tree
    • 1 x Log of Enhanced Oak tree
    • 9 x Log of normal Oak tree
    • 5 x Bag of Wild Berries
    • 5 x Bag of Forest Fruit
    • 5 x Bag of Aromatic Herb
    • 5 x Bag of Small Game Meat
    Fafina (full name Fafina Thehhona) is a mage from the Oakenlake Kingdom's Mage Corp that Shadow met on one of the quest far before the dragon raid.
    @brasca123
    See? I didn't scare anyone~! Hahahaha~!

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ11 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags Aromatic Herb [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ12 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Game Meat [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    ============================================================
    Oh, welcome back Shadow, let's see your list of infringements this time...

Scaring the villagers? Check.
    Giving extra workload to the guild staff to clean his mess up? Check.
    Draining a huge amount of Mana of the forest, giving it to a single tree, only to chop it down? Check.
    Making an elf girl question her sanity when we should be helping people get over their traumas? Check.

Alright, congratulations on your quest, you're getting 200G out of that, as well as 150 Event Points, take care now!

15. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    Did this with @RickyTheKind and @Reasonable Guy.
    Prologue

Reason POV

I unexpectedly meet jibs at the market the other day, looks like she become an adventurer with the man Called Ricky his a big guy his like 2 meters tall! Anyway after meeting her and talking for a bit they asked if I wanted to party with them I answered yes so today.

We headed to guild and informed them on my participation on their quest because ave have become a member of their party. They said it was ok and made the necessary paperworks to register me as part of their party.

Then we headed to the city teleporter.

Ricky POV

As we where teleporting my body felt light for a second before I even noticed we were on frontier village.

“Heee…so this is frontier village I can’t believe we arrive somewhere far away so fast!”

“Yeah…it's also full of nature here.”

“Probably because it doesn't have to many people living here.”

I said since all I see walking around where adventurers probably doing a quest like us.

“Let's go.”

“Right.”

“Okay!”

We headed towards a forest where we'll most likely find some goblins or orcs maybe even some boar warriors, I know there is an orc camp near the city but yeah a lot of people would be going there to do the quest too so we went to frontier village just to be safe.

On the way to the forest we defeated some slimes while giving rei a lesson on magic.
    Slimes and magic lesson
    Jibs POV

While heading towards a forest I spotted a group of more than 20 slimes bouncing around on the grassy plains.

“Slime Found!”

As I shouted I immediately started casting magic while the 2 of them turned to look at the slimes I just found.

“Wind Cut my enemies…wind cutter!”

As I let lose some wind magic both of them immediately started sprinting towards the group of slime. Ricky is wearing leather armor and using a iron sword while rei was also wearing leather armor but he was using a long sword with both his hands.

I managed to cut 3 slimes before they could react then ricky jumped and immediately cut 2 of them down and rei stamped on 1 of them while cutting another one that's 7 then, I casted ice arrows killing 7 of them, Ricky stab 1 slime while throwing a dagger at another while rei on the other hand stamp on one slime, 3 left.

“Ricky , rei! That's enough I'll handle the rest!”

“Right.”

“Roger that”

Hearing this both of them jumped back near me while I cast the magic.

“Wind cut my enemies…wind cutter!”

The slimes tried to dodge but was to slow. Wind cutter manages to slice 3 of them up.

“Well that’s enough .”

“Yup let's go.”

“Indeed, we should head to the forest.”

As they said that, they restarted heading to the forest. I was about to follow them but I remembered something.

“Wait! I just remembered something!”

“What is it?”

“What this about jibs?”

“Wait, let me take it out from my itembox.”

As I search around my itembox for the item in question both of them had a curious look on there face.

“Ah! Here it is!”

What I took out was a book that will make you learn one magic which is between fire/earth magic.

“Umo, that book ha? I forgot we had that.”

“Ano whats that book about?”

“Kekeke…this book will be able to let you learn one magic without even someone to teaching you or even if you don't have affinity!!!”

I shouted while holding the book up above my head with proud look on my face. Isn't it amazing?

“Ah..yeah its amazing .”

“That's amazing jibs! Will I be able to learn magic using this?!”

“Kekeke you can! But you need to have a suitable amount of mana to cast magic since Ricky here barely has enough to make a spark.”

“Tch..am just not *mumble* ...”

“Ha? What is it Ricky?”

“Nothing.”

Ricky turned away with displeased face what wrong with him? I thought while tilting my head to the side.

“So jibs how about me? Do i have any mana?”

“Hmm? Come to think of it I didn't check wait… mana detection…”

As my vision turned black and white I saw they were blue particles here and there those are the mana of the atmosphere then I turned to Ricky and rei I can barely see Ricky ‘s mana shining while rei’s mana was shining brightly.

“Ohh! You have good amount of mana rei-chan!”

“Really?! Also rei-chan?”

“Yeah! Just a bit above average.”

“Umm…I see?”

Rei answerd vaguely since he doesn't know what above average means.

“Well how should I explain this.”

I started thinking while tilting my head to the side.

“Ah, how about this if their was a scale from 1 to 10 and 5 was average and 1 is the highest you would around…near 4.”

“Really? Isn't that a lot ?”

“Yeah it's a good amount by the way am near 1.”

“Ehh..so does that mean you're amazing?”

“Depends even with a large amount of mana it doesn't mean anything if you don't learn magic seriously.”

“Is that so.. Speaking of magic what's my affinity?”

“Hmmm..its fire I think here grab my hand.”

I said while stretching my hands but rei was scratching his left check.

“What’s wrong?”

I asked while looking up to him.

“Nothing…really.”

“ is that so, then Hurry up and grab my hand!”

“Okay,okay jeez…”

As rei gave a sigh he grab both my hands and I started letting my mana detect what his magic affinity.

“……….”

“Ano, what this about jibs it's kinda embarrassing..”

“Be quiet rei she concentrating right now.”

“I know rick but there are people passing by…”

“Ha? Just ignore them.”

“Ehh but I can't help myself.”

“And stop making weird faces rei.”

They're having a conversation but I barely hear it since am concentrating right now.
    A good 2 minutes or so passed.

“Yup! Just I suspected you have affinity with fire and earth magic!”

“Is that amazing to have 2 affinity elements?”

“Hmmm? Not really Ricky it's not rare really most people would have 2 elements they're good at.”

“Eh? So am compatible with both fire and earth magic?”

“Yeah! I can teach you fire magic but…you have to learn earth magic on your own, I do not have any affinity to earth magic.”

“I see…”

“Hence this is where this book comes in!”

“So I learn fire magic using this?”

“No!, silly I'll teach you fire magic you learn earth magic through the book!”

“Ah. I see that would be the best.”

“Umo, you get to learn earth and fire magic not that many people have the luxury to learn even one magic.”

“So that means it's a rare book right? Should you really be using on me?”

“Well we did thought of selling it but…since it's rare a lot of people would be aiming for it so it will become troublesome and it may be used for evil.”

“Evil? How would it be use for evil?”

“Think about it some people can just learn magic with a snap of a finger using this, magic is something you learn through continues training. Not some magical book that instantly gives you a magical skill.”

“And how is that evil jibs?”

“Well rei magic can easily kill people that's why most magicians especially self trained will need to have lot of discipline just cast a simple spell.”

“Yeah, rei-chan think about it with wind magic you can easily suffocate someone or with earth magic you can easily make a pitfall and instantly cover it up when someone you want dead died in it.”

Ricky and me stated and made rei realize that magic is actually dangerous. Looks like rei is convinced.

“I see magic is quite dangerous, so does that mean I need to have a lot of discipline just learn a simple spell? And why Rei-chan?”

“Indeed it seems you get it.”

I said while nodding with a satisfied expression..

“So since rei still needs to practice magic for now this book is staying with me.”

I put the book back inside my itembox for safe keeping.

“But I'll give it to you after you learn fire magic properly.”

“Okay, I understand.”

Rei said nodding with a serious expression. Good looks like he realize that magic can easily kill people since I noticed he doesn't know how actually dangerous it is.

I thought.

Reason POV

Uwa, jibs has an amazing book you can use to learn magic instantly, and would also seemed ricky doesn't have any mana to learn magic while I have a bit of mana that's above the general population I fee bad for him but I my be able to learn magic!

But I wonder what my magical affinity is? I should just ask jibs.

“Is that so.. Speaking of magic whats my affinity?”

I asked while remembering she said I need to learn seriously to cast magic.

“Hmmm..its fire I think here grab my hand.”

Ha? She stretching her hands towards me and telling me to grab it. She look like a kid but she's still a girl when I think about it…and doing this where people pass by time to time is embarrassing.

“What’s wrong?”

And she asked while tilting her head with a confused look..doesn't she realize this embarrassing?

Reluctantly I grab her. And people are passing looking at us and some of the women in their party are whispering something now this appears am holding hands with a small child while shes closing her eyes!

This looks pretty bad if you look at it from a distance but officer I swear am not doing anything wrong, officer she's a hobbit she may look like a child but she is definitely not one! Officer what are you doing no officer please don't arrest me am not doing anything wrong! Am just getting my affinity checked ha? Why am I holding her hands then while her eye’s are closed? I don't know officer!

I was having this thoughts while I was talking to Ricky. And it's seems I was making a lot of weird faces.

After getting my affinity checked and getting an explanation on how dangerous magic is I was convinced I need to take this more seriously.

“ Okay! Since were on the subject on learning magic! Rei concentrate on feeling your mana on your body for while.”

“Ha? Then what would you guys do in the mean time?”

“Eat lunch.”

“Ah..come to think of eat it's near lunch time let's eat then.”

“Eh? How about me then?

“Learn to feel mana.”

“Nono how about my lunch!”

“Don't worry rei I'll save some for you!”

“Please …”

“Don't worry rei I'll definitely put aside some for you.”

“That's reassuring.”

“Wait..why do you trust Ricky’s words but not mine?”

“Well then let's get started on my training.”

“Hey..don't just ignore me hey!”

I ignore the screaming hobbit, and concentrated on my magic.
    Orc and Goblin quest

Ricky POV

Jibs was pouting a bit during lunch but after eating her mood instantly improved. While eating I put some aside for Rei.

“Hmmm… It would seem he can feel his mana now and not only that he corrected his mana flow that was ones a chaotic but is now in order.”

“I see meaning?”

“It would be easy for him to learn magic as expected on a well disciplined sword man …also it's time for his lunch now.”

After his lunch all of us started walking towards the forest where we originally headed. While jibs was giving a magic lesson to rei.

Once in the forest the mood of the party turned cautions we where silently walking before I turned to jibs.

“Hey, you have magic that can detect enemies right?”

“Yeah.”

“You know what to do then I presume?”

“Of course..mana detection.”

“She had that sort of magic?”

“Yeah, but let's be silent for now.”

I told rei to be silent for now he nodded and was guarding the surroundings, I was as well while jibs was contracting find enemies.

“I got 15 large reaction and 15 small ones over in that direction it my be goblins and orcs but I can't tell.”

Jibs said while pointing south west from here.

“So you can't tell what kind monsters you found jibs?”

“No, all I see is their mana.”

“ how can you tell their sizes then?”

“Mana circulates around the body so I can see the general outline of the object with mana but all I see is how big they are, not what kind of thing they are.”

“I see.”

“How about we leave the magic lesson for later?”

I told them since they would keep on talking if this keeps up.

“Right let's continue this later rei.”

“Okay, sorry rick were ready.”

“Okay then, jibs lead the way.”

“Okay.”

Jibs was leading the way to them after a good 20 minutes of walking, she stopped.

“We're here.”

We slowly and silently went near the edge of a small cliff and once we were at the edge we took a peek, they were indeed 15 orcs and 15 goblins in a sort of pseudo village they made. Look like the goblins where some sort of servant to the orcs. Looking around human skeletons were scattered here and their.

“What should we do rick?”

I started formulating a plan when rei asked me. After a short while.

“Let's see here… Jibs can you cover the surrounding with a wall of flame?”

“Yeah I can no problem.”

“Well then first you use long distance magic to take a few out,then surround the village with a wall of flame to prevent escape.”

“Okay.”

Then I turned to rei who was silently listening to our conversation.

“Meanwhile you and I will finish off the remaining enemies after jib's first barrage.”

“I understand.”

“All right Jibs it's your time to shine.”

“Okay, let me get this party started then.”

She stood up and started casting ice magic on her right hand while simultaneously casting fire magic in her left hand. While she was doing that me and Rei got our weapon’s out of the scabbard and waited for her to finish.

The air was tense then ice arrows started forming around jibs it was around 50 arrows.

“Pierce my enemies….ice arrows!”

When she silently let the arrows lose all of hit their targets. All 15 goblins were hit 10 dead 5 wounded while the orcs on the other hand where all injured but only 6 of them dead and 2 fatally injured. 9 orcs and 5 goblins ha?

“Fire create a wall that traps my enemies!”

After she shouted that a wall of flame surrounded the monster village it wasn't that big but more then enough to stop anybody from running through.

“Rei! Now!”

I shouted while jumping of the small cliff we were just at.

“Right!”

The orcs were in panic since a wall of flame just appeared out of no where. That's perfect! once I landed I dash towards the 2 fatally injured orcs the orc tried to block my sword but was to slow to react.

I sliced the head of one of the orcs then diverted the blow of an orc who tried to attack me then slicing his stomach open both of them dead, one orc tried to get the jump on me by attacking my back but I dodge left sprinting behind it slicing his leg and stabbing his throat.
    6 left ha? Thinking about how rei is I turn to look at how he is.

he sliced one of the goblins kicking one in the neck that tried to attack him which made it's neck turn in a unnatural direction, sliced one In half that tried to do sneak attack on him, then jumped on one it tried to block his attack but it's sword broke so it's neck got sliced in half, the last goblin tried to run away but was killed by ice arrows from jibs.

He then dash to my side.

“6 orcs left?”

“Yeah.”

The 6 remaining orcs were wry at us considering we killed half of them it’s no surprise. We glared at each for a while before ice arrows came out of no where stabbing the 2 of them dead.
    The remaining orcs we're distracted by the arrows, using that me and rei sprinted towards them before they could react I stabbed one orc on his throat while rei stabbed one through the heart both orcs fell and well die in a short while.

The orcs were scared and tried to run away only to be blocked by a wall of flame the 2 of them then they turned and run at us for a desperate attack but because of that they didn't notice ice arrows came and stabbed both of them. Both of them fell to the ground and dead.

“Heyyy!!! I don't see anything else moving! It's done!”

“Phew… You are a skilled sword man rei.”

“Haha, thanks your not so bad yourself as well rick.”

The 2 of us shared a laugh before jibs went down from the cliff and run towards us.

“what's so funny?”

“Just something between both of us.”

“Yeah, don't worry about it jibs.”

“Ahh..okay?”
    Boar warriors

Jibs POV

When I went down from the cliff both of them were laughing for some reason. I wonder what so funny?

“Hey tell me what's so---“

“Be quiet everyone!”

Before I could pester them to tell me what at they laughing at for some reason ricky told everyone to be quiet. Everyone fell silent all I could hear was the sound of leaves rustling.

I look around there were corpses here and their burnt marks at the ground because of magic. Then suddenly I see moving figures moving in the treeline and bushes front of us.

“Boar warriors! Why are they here!?”

“Tch..so that the reason why I heard footsteps heading here.”

“They must have heard the sound of battle..”

“You're probably right jibs..”

Rei agreed with me and prepared his long sword for battle Ricky was already in battle stance. I also prepared my mace. While casting magic on my left hand. As I was about to cast some magic but then.

A large boar warrior significantly larger then the other boar warriors came forward and oinked menacingly.

“6 plus 1 leader ha?

“Umo,this is going to be a tough battle.”

“Figures, half of them are carrying swords and others half look like they have maces. And the leader has a very shiny axe.”

I muttered sarcastically.

“Well, let’s start the party!”

As I shouted rei and ricky dash forward to the boar warriors, then I let lose some magic.

“Flame! Devour my enemies!”

As I casted some magic, rei and ricky parted left and right to let my ball of flame pass. It manages to swallow 2 boar warriors they both let out an oink that sounded really painful. Before they fell to the ground.

Turning to the others.

Ricky was engage in combat between 2 boar warriors they somehow manage to block and parry his attacks. Meanwhile I saw that Rei can only defend himself from the 2 boar warriors and the leader.

As I was about to cast magic to support rei the boar leader turned his sight on me and dash towards me.

It must have noted am dangerous because of the magic I just casted!

“Wahh!”

I let out a surprise scream when I see it coming towards me before I even I notice it was already swinging his giant axe on me. I got to defend myself!

“Light shield!”

I casted magic while rising my mace to protect myself.

The axe hits the light shield and before making a cracking sound. My light magic isn't strong enough!

“Jibs dodge!”

Rei shouted while parrying the attack from the boar.

“Dodge you---“

Before I could hear what Ricky shouted the shield broke, I tried to block the axe with my mace but-----

My vision turned dark.

Reason POV

The boar leader is strong! And not only that his subordinates are also pretty skilled this is going to tough.

I took a peek on how Ricky was doing, he was managing well he wounded both the boar warriors he was fighting against but even with his fast accurate attacks the boar warriors are some blocking it. This guys must have been fighting for a while now for them to be this skilled.

I thought while occasionally defending myself.

Then the boar leader turned his sights away from me for some reason I took peek to where he was looking at. Ha? Isn't that jibs? Looks like she's about to cast magic to help. But the boar leader run towards jibs at a frightening speed.

“Wahh!”

She looks surprise and frightened. The boar leader is already swinging his axe towards her,its going to hit!

“Light shield!”

She casted magic hastily even I can tell it's not strong enough to block the boar leader’s axe.

“Jibs dodge!”

“Dodge you idiot!”

I shouted while parry the attacks from the 2 boar warriors am facing. Ricky also shouted but the shield broke. Her mace was hit by the axe and literally bended in half but because of that mace she didn't get sliced but flew off the ground 3 meters high.

Then she skipped on the ground a few times like a pebble being thrown on top of a body of water then only stopped because she hit the side of a tree.

“This is bad she's not moving!”

I shouted since she laying face flat on the ground not even making a twitch. I fear for the worst. Which made me impatient.

“She's not dead yet rei! Concertante defending yourself!”

“But the boar leader is going to towards her!”

I shouted when I saw that the boar leader is heading towards the unmoving jibs laying on the ground. Ricky saw that and tried to make a break for it but was blocked by the 2 boars he was fighting with.

“Tch..out my way...”

Ricky said in a bone chilling voice it even surprise me and the 2 boar warriors I was fight against. The 2 boar warriors he was fighting shudders for a moment but continued blocking his path.
    He engaged them even faster than before the boar warriors was being push back and wounded.

But while blocking the attack of a boar warrior I can see that the boar leader manages to reach jibs and the axe was going to be swung towards her.

“Shit!”

“Got DAMN IT!! Get out of my WAY!”

Ricky killed the boar warrior by swinging his sword at it in inhuman speed killing it,then throws a dagger at the other boar warrior audibly making a sound, it manages to punch throw the boar instantly killing it.
    (This is his race traits coming out)

What inhuman strength!

Before I could even finish my thoughts the boar leaders axe was blocked by ricky. But his sword was cracking out of the force it was hit with even if he diverted it's attack. Ricky noticing this tried to stab the boar leader but was blocked by the boar leader. They continued to exchange attacks.

Oops! I blocked the on coming attack from the boar warrior I was fighting with, I should concentrate on my fight. Thinking this I concentrated on my battle, dodging the attack from the boar by jumping left I grabbed one of the swords from the boars jibs burned earlier. It's still warm, I throw the sword at boar warrior in front of me it blocked it as expected I used this opportunity to stab it.

It raised am ear piercing scream, I tried to get my sword out of it. A boar warrior then tried to attack me from the side, I dodge by jumping left while pulling my sword out. Managing to get my sword out I fixed my battle stance,the boar warrior tried to rush at me I blocked it's attack diverting it.

Than kicking it's side annoyed at me it tried to stab me while I was fixing my battle stance but I rolled on the ground grabbing a rock fling it at it's face, it swatted the rock left using this I rushed in to stab it noticing this it tried to dodge my on coming attack but it was to late.

I pierced it, it fell to the ground immediately. I immediately looked at Ricky look like his sword is about to break.

“Ricky! Here!”

The boar leader’s and Ricky’s attention was diverted at me throwing one of the swords from one of the boars I killed at the boar leader it blocked it, but Ricky using the opportunity tried to stab it but it dodge just in the nick of time. I rushed in by trying to stab at it's blind side but my attack was blocked.

“Should you really be paying attention to me right now?”

I asked it sarcastically, while having a smug smile at face. It realize what I meant but a sword pierced it chest before it could turn around. Trying to look at Ricky who pierced it I used this opportunity to slice it's neck in half. The head flew to the air a bit before rolling on the ground.

Wiping off the sweat on my forehead.

“…his dead now right..?”

“…yeah…his head rolling on the ground so for sure his dead…”

“Yeah, you right… Anyway…”

My line of sight immediately moved to the unmoving body behind Ricky. Seeing that her back was moving up and down tells me she's not dead yet.

“umo, let's go check on her rei.”

Saying Ricky went to jibs in a half running state, I was also doing a light job on the way. Ricky was the first one to arrive, and immediately turn her body to face us.

“How is she?”

I asked with a bit of anxiety in my voice.

“she’s okay rei just with a lot of scratches and bruises.”

“Is that so…haaa..”

I immediately collapsed on the ground when all the tension on my body left.

“Are you okay rei?”

Ricky asked without even glancing over to me since he was checking jibs for any serious injuries.

“Am fine I just lost all my strength when I found out she was safe.”

“Is that so, but Rei please do guard the surroundings of I my ask you.”

“Ah, your right I should.”

Standing back up and dusting myself I immediately glance around the surroundings and seeing there were a lot of weapons and items laying. I should pick the items up but…I took a glance at Ricky seeing him with a health potion treat jibs I do think it's right to be leisurely picking stuff up.

Feeling my glance Ricky took a peek at me and immediately restarted treating jibs.

“It's fine rei go pick the stuff up.”

“But..”

“Just go and watch the surroundings while your at it besides jibs would yell at both at us if she found out we left valuable items laying around.”

He assured me while laughing a bit. When I thought about jibs waking up and finding out we left some stuff behind, a smiled appeared on my face.

“Haha, your right am going to pick the items up and call me when she wakes up okay.”

“Okay rei I will.”

After for 1 hour I picked all the items up and stored them in my itembox.

“ That should be everything.”

Turning to Ricky I saw that he was finish treating jibs and now was carrying her on his back.

“Rei We should go back home for now.”

“You're right I'll lead the way.”

We went to frontier village while I was protecting jibs and Ricky. We teleported to back to city and went home.

Jibs woke up the next day, we had to explain to her what happened when she was unconscious. She also healed herself a bit but she said she needed a few days of resting. And am also going to be studying magic.
    Kobolds and contracts

A few days have passed since the boar incident, today I was stretching.

“Ah… it feels so good to be out of bed!”

“Umo,am glad that your feeling better.”

Hearing the voice behind I turn around.

“Ricky! Good morning!”

“Morning, finally able to move ha?”

“More like finally allowed to move.”

“Well you we're injured and even lost conciseness.”

“Yeah,sorry.”

I said while lowering my head.

“It's okay.”

Ricky said while reassuring and patting my head.

“Hehehe.”

A few days ago I lost my conciseness when the boar leader attacked me. when I woke I was already at the inn and was all bandage up. Ricky and Rei explained to me what happened and while they we're doing that I healed my self,but sadly my magic isn't strong enough to remove all the wounds so I was told to rest a few days by the two of them.

“Good morning, you two.”

Hearing a voice and the sound of the door opening, ricky removes his hand on top of my head and turn to rei.

“Ah Rei, morning bought breakfast?”

“Yup, also I heard some interesting news from one of my acquaintance.”

“Really! What is it?”

“Well talk about that later jibs after eating.”

“Okay! Let's eat!”

Rei placed the food he bought at the table and we begin eating. After eating Rei told the us what he heard.

“What kind of news did you hear Rei! Is it related to one of our quest!”

“Well yes, it's about the kobold quest we we're talking about the other day, I heard some interesting news from Ossan while I was buying things from the market place.”

“Oh, what kind of interesting news rei?”

“Well he told me a couple of merchant’s caravans found a cave entrance north from here near the river in between the city and frontier town.”

“Ehh..so what about the cave then? What's it got to do with the kobolds?”

“Well the merchant’s son and the son best friend went to the cave to check it out but…”

“But what rei?”

“They never came back out…”

“So their was something that happened in that cave made them unable to come out then?”

I asked with a bit of concern for the 2 men that went inside the cave.

“Yes, look like kobolds we’re seen coming out from the cave when they came to fetch them.”

Rei, said with a grim expression.

“He wanted to send his bodyguards to fetch the 2 men but, they told him they couldn't because it was to dangerous and will risk their lives and everyone's lives from the caravan.”

“And why are you telling us this rei?”

“Well we could go in instead of his bodyguards since they are coming back to go inside the cave and find the 2 men if they are alive that is.”

“So are there any rewards for us rei? We cannot risk are lives for nothing.”

Ricky said with a stern expression telling rei he will not go plunged himself and his companions in meaningless danger.

“Don't worry Ricky the son’s best friend father is a pretty good black smith we use this opportunity to craft new armor and a weapon for jibs here, since we have a lot of iron weapons we can turn into ingots to make some new armor and weapons we can use.”

“Umo”

Ricky said while nodding.

“Alright then! When are we leaving?”

“Today to be more specific 3 hours from now, the merchant will be waiting for us at the northern gate.”

“Hmm…Rei did you already accept the quest without consulting us?”

I said probing rei for answers.

“Uh…well sorry it was one of Ossan friends he begged me to help them so I kinda just accepted with the condition for rewards.”

“It's fine rei just tell us next time okay?”

“Yeah! Tell us ahead next time okay!”

“Okay I'll make sure to remember.”

After that we immediately prepared for the trip.

An hour later we headed to the gate where the merchant was waiting for us but since it was afternoon I getting a little sleepy, also I summoned my horse kuro and shiro since we won't be using the teleporter today.

“Is that them rei?”

“Yup, that's them.”

Currently I was on top of shiro leaning on rei.

“Really..? Let's go then..”

“Yes yes jibs just stay still you may fall.”

“Okay.”

Having said that rei and Ricky increased the horse’s speed from walking to light jogging.

Hearing the sound of horses a middle age having brown hair and a clean face turned to look at upon seeing rei a smile formed on his face.

“Ah.. Rei we we're waiting for you and your party.”

“Ah, hello Mr James sorry we're we late?”

“Nono we just arrived ourselves by the way am sure you haven't meet them before.”

The middle age man introduced the 2 armored knights and a brown skinned muscular man to be whose name is jones his bald..also his the blacksmith that would reward us.

“My name is jones am sure rei already told you but am that blacksmith that will craft your new stuff for free as long as you save my son and James’s son.”

After James said that for some reason he bowed towards us.

“please do save my child his the only one in my family left.”

He said bowing to us also mr james also bowed his head pleading us to save his youngest son. Seeing this both rei and Ricky had a troubled expression, but rei spoke up.

“Please do not bow your head to us we are only adventures.”

“Umo, what rei said is correct, you are rewarding us.”

“That right, beside we don't even know if..”

Hearing what rei and Ricky said both mr james and jones raise their head and smiled a bit.

“Don't worry rei even if my son is not alive I would still give you rewards.”

“But jones..”

“No buts both of you are risking your lives here so don't worry to much about it.”

“Okay then.”

Mr james then cleared his throat and turned to me. By the way I wasn't saying anything because I was still sleepy.

“Umm.. Am afraid to ask but… Why are you bringing your younger sister?”

Hearing mr james, mr jones then turned and was surprised upon seeing me.

“Ah..!

“Uya?”

Rei and Ricky remembering me turned to me.

“Ah, this person is not my younger sister.”

“But even then bringing a kid along is…”

“James-dono she may look young but this person is definitely not a kid.”

“Then why are your bringing her along despite you telling me she's not a child she doesn't even look older then james’s youngest child.”

“Ah well Mr james and Mr Jones, she is a hobbit that is the reason why she looks so young.”

“Really now..”

MrJames said with a doubt full expression then turned to MrJones, acknowledging the look on MrJames has he turned and talked to me.

“Let's see now my child are sure you are a hobbit frankly speaking hobbits do look like small children, so some kids try to pass off as hobbits in order to go out of the city.”

Look like his doubting not Rei or Ricky but me, trying to completely wake my self and answering them I sit up straight and.

“Am not a child look am a hobbit.”

I showed them my guild card, seeing it both of them seemed to still be doubtful but they stayed silent. James then turned to one of the guards and told them lead the way.

We immediately departed, along the way we had talked a bit and I found out that james has 2 sons and 2 daughters and also jones’s wife died of a disease when his son was around 15.

Also they still keep asking whether or not I was a child and told me liars will be punished by god or something. Muuuu…am a adult! Is what I wanted to shout but that would make me look more like a child.

After for riding the horse for an at least 3 hours.

“We're here look.”

Guard 1 stopped and pointed towards inside the forest.

“Hmm.. I don't see any thing doh?”

MrJames answered rei question.

“Just go straight from here and you'll find a cave trust me.”

“Yup just go straight we'll be staying here we wouldn't want to get in your way.”

“Okay then james-dono, we'll be going come on rei.”

“Okay.”

“Another cave? Why do we always go for the caves?”

“Oya? Jibs didn't you say you hated the sewers? That's why we went to a cave you said that there was rats in?”

“Ugh.. I guess I did say something like.”

After just a short while we saw the cave, look like this one is made by mother nature. Looks natural and it also look like the perfect places to take shelter from the rain because it's just near the highway.

“Before we go any closer rei we should get off here.”

“Okay rick.”

“Roger!”

Ricky got off kuro and Rei got of from shiro while I jumped off shiro and cushioned my landing using wind magic.

“Okay then kuro shiro, thank you for the help you may rest for a while.”

When I said that they seemed please about being helpful and turned to particles.

“Umo, let's go in silently okay?”

“Okay rick.”

“Right!”

We went sneakily went to the cave entrance activating mana detection, I saw that their we're no monsters around the cave, upon nearing the cave i took a peek and saw that they was a large group of kobolds gathering in one part of the cave. And human size mana outline fighting off the kobolds.
    I told Ricky what I saw with mana detection.

“That is likely them..”

“Surprisingly still alive.”

“If it is them Ricky then how should we save them?”

Ricky turning to me.

“Is there any magic you can use to kill large number of enemies besides frost nova and ice arrows?”

“Well there is spicis Glaciem.”

“What's does it do?”

“It basically makes giant ice spikes come out the ground impaling anything under it.”

“Uwa…sounds dangerous.”

“It is rei, now remember what me and Ricky said about magic.”

“Yup I remember..”

“Okay then here's then here's plan you and me rei will be jumping in after the kobolds get distracted and rescuing the 2 men, meanwhile jibs cover the us as we rescue the 2 men.”

“Okay.”

“I'll cover you with my very best!”

“Right jibs lead the way as always.”

“Okay!”

Going inside the cave, it was wide their we're crystal that was giving off light, so it wasn't dark. Walking straight the road split in to two one look like it was always being used and other look like nothing ever came near it, I wonder why?

“So which road?”

“We go left Ricky.”

“Okay then.”

After walking for a while the road slopped downward, seeing this we stopped walking and took a peek we saw 2 man who looks really tired and was full of injuries in top of a boulder on the side of the wall.

It looked like this place was where the kobolds sleep, the area was wide about the size of 3 house for a family of 4 also there are more roads going deeper to the cave.

They we're surrounding the 2 men and occasionally kobolds would climb up but only to be pushed off.

“Well you know what to do right jibs?”

“Right.”

“Okay rei let's sneak up on them.”

Rei and Ricky quietly walked near the group of kobolds until they we're near enough to be seen just behind them now they are hiding behind a small rock, Ricky looked at me and nodded.

I begin casting magic.

“Ice grow from the ground and impale my enemies…spicis Glaciem!”

After I casted magic ice spikes came out the ground Impaling 15 kobolds. Ricky stood up slicing 3 kobolds and Rei manage to slice 2 kobolds. Then Ricky shouted.

“Hey! Are you James-dono and jones-dono sons?!”

The 2 men who was surprised by the ice spikes heard ricky and the light-brown skinned one that has black hair answered while the brown haired one pushed a kobold off.

“Yes, YES we are!”

“Good now follow us!”

“Right this way!”

The 2 man jumped down from the boulder and started running towards Ricky and Rei, while I was protecting them with ice arrows which killed 3 kobolds who tried to slash them from the side.

After meeting up with ricky and rei both immediately started running towards here while running here occasionally some kobolds blocked their path but would immediately be sliced by ricky or rei they killed 5 kobolds while running here and while I was covering them I manage kill at least 10 of them.
    Ricky shouted while coming the slope.

“Hey start running!”

“Eh? why!”

“You have shorter legs then us!”

“Fine!”

I shouted while feeling insulted.

Immediately started sprinting but Ricky,Rei and the 2 other men caught up to me and we arrived at the place where the road split but was surprised in seeing a group of kobolds carrying what looks like a boar.

“Not good I don't have a weapon I forgot to get one!”

“Wait you don't have one jibs! What's wrong with you!”

“We'll sorry Ricky!”

“Come now you this isn't the place!”

One kobold tried to stab me with a spear I dashed left I tried to cast magic but before I could concentrate another kobold tried to slice me breaking my concentration.

I saw that ricky and rei was behind them, but they we're trying to protect the 2 injured men and was trying help me. Before I knew I was inside the road the looks like it was never used for years.

“Ha?”

I muttered a surprise sound when the kobolds just stopped and wouldn't came near me. Wait no there is a reason why this was never used by them and from the looks of it there not planning on stepping here.

“Ricky rei! Just go back for me!”

“We can't just leave you!”

“Umo, I don't leave my companions behind!”

Both of them answered looks like I have a good party.

“Am fine look their not attacking me as long as am here!”

Both them realize that I was being attacked and while fighting some kobolds rei shouted.

“Okay then, stay there and will be back!”

The 4 of them run to the outside while killing kobolds that tried to stop them, upon seeing they exited the cave , I heave a sigh of relief. Seeing as the kobolds aren't going near me. Maybe I should killing them from here using ice arrows but that may instigate them to attack me.

“I should head inside.”

I muttered and started walking deeper, upon a good 5 minutes of walking I suddenly felt uneasy as further I go in the more uneasy I fell.

While I was walking I was trying to recover my mana since using spicis Glaciem takes a lot of mana.

“Maybe I should turn around.”

As I was about to go back to where I came from I heard a women voice.

“Am sorry, am sorry , am sorry please forgive me. Am sorr—“

The voice saying am sorry please forgive again and again while crying maybe it's another person but…

Even I felt uneasy being here, I shouldn't leave a person behind. Ignoring my uneasy feeling I head over to the source of the sound upon entering an area fool of bones.

“Wah… Why is this place fool of bones?”

“………………”

Upon muttering that there we're bones of so many kobolds here and 2 human bones which was easy to identify because the bone we're wearing clothes. And the sound stop and as I look around there was a girl wearing far eastern clothes kneeling on the ground,but there was a black aura surrounding her.

“Ummm….are you okay?”

I asked a question to the girl but all I got was silence.

“Etto….do you want to get out of here? I-I can help you… Ummm excuse me can you here me?”

Upon trying to go near the girl she stood her back facing me her head slowly turned to look at Me… Her head made a 180 degree turn and what I saw was a face full of tears of blood with black hollow holes where the eyes are supposed to be.

“…………………..”

The atmosphere was silent except from my breathing nothing was making a sound, I can hear my own heart racing, what is she? She seems to be some kind of spirit…is she one of these 2 human skeletons?

Without a moments notice her body turned to the right direction facing me then the girl leaped towards me while forming a eastern sword one on each hand, then she tried to slash me. But I was already preparing to cast magic. One of the lesson I learned recently is to always have shield magic ready.
    “Light shield!”

Two swords hit the shield and made spark sounds, I casted wind cutter to cut her.But all it did was pass thorough her. She leaped back and her swords started glowing blue then she shouted.

“Aaaahhhhhh!”

While leaping towards me I casted magic while dodging her attack.

“Fireball!”

It was went through her! Does that mean my magic is ineffective! While I was in a state of confusion, she manages to slice my arm a bit.

“Ouch!”

She tried to stab me but i used wind magic to leap back.

“Heal.”

I casted heal on my self but the wound just wouldn't close up it was surrounded by a black aura.
    But then I noticed that the black aura was less before I healed it. So I casted heal a few times while jumping around dodging her attacks but her attacks are getting faster. I was also getting small injuries from her sword.

The first wound I received was gone after casting heal a few times.

Does mean?

“Lightball!”

A ball of light shot towards her and this time she dodge it.

“Looks like light is your weakness ha?”

“Raaghh!”

She screamed an inhuman scream while slash her sword in the air making blue light slashes that headed towards me I dodged by ducking down. The blue slash hit the wall behind me making it have a deep slash mark. Dangerous!

She leaped towards me with a faster speed then before but good thing I have light shield casted while I ducked. 2 swords hit the shield, the made cranking noises. The shield broke so I grabbed her by the shoulders and directly injected light magic in her.

She was strangling really wildly she then stabbed one of my legs.

“Ouch! That hurst!”

“Ahhhhhh!!!!!”

As I continue to pour light magic in her while now holding on to her like a koala on a tree branch, the black aura surrounding her was disappearing bit by bit.

After a while she stopped strangling, suddenly a bright light surrounded her. I fell to the ground while grunting in pain I covered my eyes because it was to bright.

light filled the entire cave I was in, after closing my eyes and covering them I slowly opened them.

There was a person standing before me that looked familiar but her clothes we're clean and she looked quite pretty is these the spirit that attacked me? She looks so different.

“Ummm…you are?”

The person smiled then bowed on the ground.

“Thank you for saving me, young lady of the hobbit race. My name is aika, I was from the Far East.”

“Umm…welll….Nice to meet you too aika my name is jibs.”

“I would have liked to know my saviors real name if I my be so rude to ask.”

“Eh? How did you know it wasn't my real name?”

“I had a feeling, if I may be so rude can I have the honor of hearing your name?”

“Well…since you’re a spirit there is no harm in telling you, my real name is **** *****.”

Hearing this the aika had a satisfied smile.

“I see, if I my ask I have a request from ojou-sama.”

“Okay…but before that will you lift your head up and look at me I don't feel comfortable talking to someone while they are kneeling.”

Hearing what I said she stood up and looked at me straight in the eyes.

“Now ojou-sama will you listen to my request.”

“Of course what can I do for you?”

“Well first can you the 3 katanas from those skeletons?”

“Okay but what's a ka-Ta-na?”

“My apologies those are what swords are called in my country.”

“Okay then let me go pick it up.”

I headed over to pick up the 3 katanas while strangling to walk,picking the katanas up and seeing them up close one was white one was black, the other was blue. While I was examining the katana aika told me their names.

“The blue ones name is Aozora, the black one name is tsuki no ankokudzura, the white one name is tsuki no hikari no soba.”

“Eh amazing they have names are they legendary swords?”

“Hahaha, no but they are high quality swords that for sure.”

I walked over to aika carrying the katanas of course while limping a bit.

“Ojou-sama can you contract this lowly person as one of your servants?”

“Ha? Don't you want to move on to the afterlife?”

“Ahaha, I have no interest in the afterlife also I saw my sister in that light and we chatted and talked and I asked her to wait a bit more for me.”

“Eh why?”

“Because I wanted to come meet her with the person that saved my life and telling her I protected my savior,that's why please do make your servant!”

She says while bowing to me.

“No.”

“Why? Did this unworthy person displeased you?”

She says while having a look that look like she's about to cry.

“Yes and no.”

“Why ojou-sama can you tell me?”

“I was happy that you we're willing to make a contract with me but I don't want a servant I want a friend and a subordinate.”

“Hmmm…I can understand a friend ojou-sama but what's the difference between a subordinate and a servant.”

“A slave can't have his or hers own opinion right? While a subordinate can state his opinions on a matter.”

“I see, I understand.”

She nodded a few times before speaking again.

“Then can this person become your subordinate and friend?”

“As long as your willing,but are you sure about making a contract with me you'll be stuck with me until I die you know?”

“Well it's just what I hoped for.”

“Okay then here which ones your katana?”

“The white and black one ojou-sama.”

“Here touch them and I will begin the contract.”

“Hai ojou-sama.”

Hikari touch the two katanas with both her hands. I begin the contract ritual. Magic circles formed around us.

“Aika of the far east are you willing to work for me and protect me and be with me till my last breath?”

“Hai I am.”

“Very will the contract has been sealed.”

Aika turned into white particles along with her katana those particles swirled around me and disappeared by entering me. The magic circle also disappeared.

Ojou-sama can you hear me?

Eh!? How?

Well the reason why am speaking with is because am part of your soul now.

Eh is that how it works?

Hai.

Is that so.. what am I going to do with this katana?

Ahh…you can have that my little sister said it was a gift for my savior.

I see tell her thank you.

Hahaha tell her your self ojou-sama you'll be going with me to the afterlife after all!

Hehehe I guess your right.

I equip the katana on my waist. I should probably train with on how to use this sword. For some reason the sword was a perfect fit for me.

Ojou-sama you can use all my skills you know? Also maybe because my sister is around your….height.

Ha? You can hear my thoughts? Also how old was your sister?

Yup I am part of ojou-sama soul now so I can and well she's 15 with a short stature.

Eh.. The lack of privacy would bother me.

Mumbles..”at least am not that short.”

Well you can summon me and I'll be unable to hear your thoughts.

I see that would help.

Also ojou-sama you can transform into me you know?

Ha? Wait wait wait how do you know this things and how!

Will ojou-sama I thought you were a contractor didn't you have anybody teach you about this things?

What? a contractor what's that?

Ah, I understand I should teach you for while then the first thing is—

Interrupting aika.

Wait wait let's leave that for later for now how should we get out here?

Ah ok I understand I'll teach you later, hmmm… The kobolds probably won't let you leave easily as you can see around here they we're really persistent for some reason.

So you fought this many kobolds?

Yes they surrounded us and overwhelmed us eventually, we couldn't make a break through because their was to many of them they probably still outside this cave entrance as we speak.

Ugh..it would be hard to escape I'll probably run out of mana before I could escape, also are you the reason why they aren't coming inside?

Well yes,as you can see I was a evil spirit that would kill any thing that comes here so after killing so many of them they probably decided that this place simply to dangerous to come near here.

Okay how long have you've been here?

I don't remember but probably more then 10 years at this point?

Uwaah…that's long, okay going back to the original topic how do we get out of here my friends would probably have a hard time trying to get to me.

Well why don't I make a path for you because you have quite a bit of mana I become stronger then before of course I can only use your mana if you're willing to let me use it but if you transform into me you will be able to use all my skills and yours.

But what are the down sides?

Hmmm…you will have less mana then before but with ojou-sama mana it won't be a problem.

Okay but how does that work?

Let's see both you and I are now technically one soul but with separate consciousness since it was artificially made I could still keep my own thoughts but I can hear yours thanks to being bounded to your soul, now since we are my soul is bounded to yours it just hoovers around your soul but I can put your soul inside my soul like a protective barrier protecting it from soul attacks the side effects is that your real physical body well be covered by my own spiritual body. Making you appear to look like me.

But I lose my own consciousness right when you out inside your soul?

Hmm? Not really it's going to kinda like this your moving around having your own thoughts while am just here like this speaking directly to you and making adjustments to make you use the best of your abilities also half my subconsciousness and yours have merged.

Eh isn't that bad?

Not really it's like talking to each other discussing plans and strategy or what to do, except this time just with consciousness.

Well I can't do that right for now since my leg is injured I can't heal it since my magic isn't strong enough….aika!

Hai!

“Aika come here and protect me come!”

After having a discussion with aika about how to escape. I summoned her, magic circles formed in front of me then aika came out from them magic circle.

“Aika can you make a path for me?”

“Of course!”

As she said that she immediately sprinted towards the exit of the area while carrying me on her back, aren't you little bit to fast in running if you weren't carrying I won't be able to catch up with you!

As we exited the area we we're just in there was a group of kobolds fighting Ricky and Rei while some kobolds we're staying at the entrance I just exited from.

“Hey Ricky Rei! Am coming over there!”

Hearing my load voice they turned to me and had a surprise expression upon seeing aika, sliced one kobold after another towards the exit while I was being on her back.

“Hey Jibs whose that?!”

“Umo, there was another person hear?”

“I'll explain later for now let's get put of here!”

While heading towards the entrance Ricky,Rei ,hikari and me made a path towards the exit. As I got out, Rei and Ricky followed me and hikara.

“Goal!!! Finally outside!”

“Keep on running also if I my ask who is that person with you?!”

“Rei before asking that jibs block the cave entrance with ice!”

“Okay!”

I saw that a small group of kobolds we're chasing us, I use the little mana I had left to temporarily block the cave entrance.

“spicis Glaciem!”

Ice spikes blocked the cave entrance and the small group of kobolds stop chasing us because they we're to busy helping the one inside the cave.

“Good job Jibs!”

“Umo,fine piece if work if I say so myself!”

“Hehehe, thanks!”

“Good job ojou-sama!”

After running tell the highway we saw that Mr James and MrJones, where waiting for us. I was losing my consciousness, aika notice this since she was carrying me.

“Sorry, am really sleepy so night…”

Afterwards

Having rescued the 2 man james and jones thanked ricky and rei, with tears and snot. We will be given new equipment at a later date, also while I was unconscious aika explained everything to them about what happened at the cave, for some reason she stayed summoned while I was unconscious she said she'll explain everything later is what she told me when I woke up.

Note: all the metal weapons we found were turned into ingots.
    Found a katana and contracted a spirit.
    Also found a cave full of kobolds
    (Sorry for the grammar in advance i do read it a few times to correct any mistakes)

@shad12ow

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    shad12ow, BlancFrost and Carm like this.
  16. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    =========================================================
    "Welcome back to the three of you. I see that you have been in one heck of a adventure. Keep up the good work, everyone. And congratulation for contracting a great spirit. Here is your reward, 320 G. Please divide them by yourself. I look forward to your next story, friends. Hahahaha~!"
    OOC: Yeah. The grammar needs a lot of work. But it is readable for now. Try to improve them bit by bit. My suggestion is making a short story, as in take a few quest and then ask someone to check your work. I can do that for you if you want. But don't expect much from me as my skill is faaaaaar from an expert. Hahahaha~!

Jibs likes this.
  17. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks bear-san~~!

Ooc: yeah i should thanks ill send it to you in advance~
    So you can help me heheh~
    If it was on pc there would be fewer grammar errors maybe~~

shad12ow likes this.
  18. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link

Solo
    @brasca123

<Ton's PoV>​

So I've finally returned to this run-down place, but this time not as the Hair Herald nor the Tontreant overlord, I'm simply Ton this time.

Taking my time walking towards a section of the damaged wall, I noticed that many people were were stealing my job. Compared to most of the other sections, I've noticed that this area still had a lot of work to do. Nodding to myself, I decided that this was the perfect place for me to prove my worth, my years of Lego block building will finally be acknowledged.

-
    <Macho Boss' PoV>​

"Move aside civilians! I'm taking charge to fix this part myself!" (Brat)

"Oi! Move out of the way ya brat! This is a construction site, if you want to play, go find the kids at the village centre and play house or something!" (Macho Man)

Walking up to the Macho Man, a brat presented her Adventurer's identification, "I'm Ton and I'm here to solo this mission!" (Brat)

"Solo? Do yer even know what you're talking about? How is an Adventurer's identification suppose to make you qualifi-" (Macho Man)

Feeling a headache approaching I called out to Macho Man, "Ya lolicon! Get back to work before I send someone to call for your wife!" (Macho Boss)

Getting a shiver down his spine, Macho Man quickly returned to his area.

Not knowing how to deal with this situation I scratched my head and walked up to the brat, "Brat, do you have a construction license?" (Macho Boss)

"Is it tasty?" (Brat)

"..." (Macho Boss)

"How much experience do you have within this industry?" (Macho Boss)

"I can make an awesome castle with sand and water!" (Brat)

"..." (Macho Boss)

"Do you at least know what a structural foundation is?" (Macho Boss)

"Pfff, elementary stuff my dear skinhead." (Brat)

Nodding my head, I really wanted to strangle this brat. "Please go on." (Macho Boss)

"Foundation is the stuff that women put on their faces and structural thingy is the book thing that the priest reads out at church!" (Ton)

Face-palming, no this is not enough, double face-palm, nope, still not enough. I walked up to the wall and smashed my head against it, "Why the hell did they send an incompetent brat?! And what you've described was a scripture, not a structure!" (Macho Boss)

Looking back that her, "Firstly, you've failed. Secondly, pass me your identification papers immediately." (Macho Boss)

"Ehhh? No!" (Stupid Brat)

"No? What the hell do you mean no?" (Macho Boss)

"You can't fail me! I'm here to fix your mess! Look at your shitty wall, even I can knock it down with a simple tap!" (Stupid Brat)

Snatching her papers and briefly skimming through them, I coughed up some blood, "What the hell are those paper hugging fools doing? Why the hell is a brat like you a C rank? Of course you'll knock down this wall if your a bloody C rank! These are meant to block off normal dangers, damnit!" (Macho Boss)

"No my problem! Hiki told me to solo thi-" (Stupid Brat)

Grasping her mouth shut and lifting her up by her face, I really can't stand any more of this idiocy. Rubbing my temples with my other hand, "Here's what we're going to do, you'll take that brick in the corner and place it over there in the corner. After going straight there and straight back to me, without touching anything or bothering anyone, I'll sign you off and you'll spare us." (Macho Boss)

I looked at her for confirmation, but to my despair, she just shook her head. Holding back my tears, I released her and asked, "Why?" (Macho Boss)

She just stared back and said, "Solo, because Hiki told me too?" (Stupid Brat)

Blank

Ah! I blacked out a bit, wiping away my tears I noticed a trail of blood on my palm... Tears of blood... Shaken, I fell down...

"Oi, you alright?" (Stupid Brat)

This "Hiki" fiend, why did she set loose this monster on us...

"It's not healthy crying tears blood you know." (Stupid Brat)

Looking down at the parchment I reviewed her missions again.

"A construction place is no place for a crying man you know, if you're not going to work, you should leave." (Stupid Brat)

It's still talking to me isn't it... I wouldn't even wish this on my worst enemy... I... Wait, I've got an idea!

"Your men are doing too much work, maybe I should go and burn this whole area down..." (Stupid Brat)

Collecting my scattered thoughts I rushed to my office, "Brat, wait there and don't touch anything. I've got just the right place to send you!" (Macho Boss)

-
    <Macho Boss' PoV>​

I've finally sent it away. Giving it a letter of introduction and my pendent, its finally gone...

I'm brilliant, this way I'll get my work done and my wife won't keep pestering me to return from work.

I looked up a the midday sun, sighing to myself I expressed my heartfelt apologies, "Good luck Maria, I've sent you a gift..." (Macho Boss)

On that day, many of his coworkers noticed their hardboiled and firm boss break apart. Aside from that monstrous brat they learnt to fear another name, Hiki...

-
    <Maria's PoV>​

My husband really sent me a gift.

Over the past few hours this little angel had helped me around the house.

She fixed the house (repaired the roof, pulled out the weeds, cleaned the tiled floors, etc...), fixed the (chicken coop) walls and helped me cook in the emergency kitchen (in the backyard to make food for the builders, homeless and orphaned children). For once, that useless husband of mine, did something useful. Recalling the letter I received earlier:
    Make sure that the kid finishes her missions properly,
    the sooner the better.
    Just make sure that she does it by herself
    and make sure she doesn't cause any trouble.
    - Mark

It is so pleasant to work with her, and she even promised me to stay a few days to help me around. I can't wait for Mark to return and find out that this angel will be staying here for awhile.

-
    <Maria's PoV>​

It's been a few days since Ton's been here helping around the house, so this is how it feels to have a daughter around. As a single child in my family, I never had the chance to experience the pleasures of having siblings. Unfortunately, these days Mark had succumbed to stress and was forced to stay at home, however staying at home seems to only make him cough up more blood. Luckily I've got Ton here to help me look after him, maybe with this Mark might be more inclined to start having children. Just watching Ton and Mark spend time together makes me happy.

-
    <Mark's PoV>​

It's gone!

It finally left!

I don't know what sort of witchcraft it used to bewitch Maria, but after days of suffering, that nightmare has finally left!

Tears of joy slid down my cheeks, embracing my wife, I waved off that plague.

"Oh? Are you already missing Ton? Well don't worry, I made her promise to come by and visit often." (Maria)

"Maria." (Mark)

"What is it dear?" (Maria)

"I think we should more to a different town..." (Mark)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Carm, BlancFrost, platys51 and 2 others like this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ==============================================================
    Welcome back Ton-chan!

Let's see... Uhn... Well, I guess I should say I'm sorry? I didn't mean that you couldn't do things with help, just that you could only claim for a job that you yourself had done, even if done together... The thing of the Tontreants seemed to be because you just let them do their jobs without your interference at all... Sorry about that Ton-chan.

I guess I should be glad that you used a nickname to refer to me instead of my proper name this time... You have my thanks on that. *pat pat* I appreciate it Ton-chan.

Well, for your rewards, you'll get 300G and 120 Event Points, take care now!

BlancFrost, Bielt and Nurman like this.
  20. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ8 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Fruits [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ7 - No Rank - Gather 20 Iron Ore [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ12 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Game Meat [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ14 - No Rank - Gather 5 Bags of Animal Pelts [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ20 - No Rank - Process The Ore [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ21 - No Rank - Process The Pelts [ 100 gold | Event Points ]

*Random Elf Village in Oakenlake Kingdom*

"We appreciate your help, adventurer from Aeternus. Most of our hunter got injured or died during the monster attack. so we're currently having trouble to restock our food supply." (Elf hunter)

"Haha don't mind it. I'm just accepting the quest from the guild only."(Razer)

"Even though we're currently low in food supply, we the elven people don't like to hunt excessively."(Elf hunter)

"Yes, I can understand that. We the Elementalist always put the importance in the balance of Nature after all."(Razer)

I'm not lying. My hometown is called Plant City, a placed full of Elementalist with Plant element as their basic/starting element. So it is important for us to lived surround by nature. I'm just a little bit of eccentric. Yes, just a little bit.

Currently, I was accompanied by one of the Elf hunter searching for animals to hunt. In the Elf village that I was helping, they used to have a population of 500 Elf. But after the Morian Raid, their population had been reduced to 350. Quite the casualty there. I heard they village was attacked by 3 B-Rank, Plant Dragon.

If the B-Rank adventurer from Aeternus didn't pass by that placed, I'm sure all the Elf in the villages will die. The Elves lost lots of warriors, archers, and hunters during the battle against the dragons. That's why their asking helped from the guild to help them with their food supply problems.

Personally, I think just gathering 5 bags of game meats and 5 bags of fruits actually doesn't help much in long-term. The guild should just ask Reachii to grow fruit tree or vegetables for the villagers. Or maybe this is a bad idea just like a certain Magic Village story that I read from the novel called Sevens.

I should just focus on the task that I'm currently doing.

Looking at the "Map" from my support skills, I detected animals 500 meters in the front. My "Map" life detection range is only 500 meters. But this is good enough for a C-Rank adventurer like me.

"There's two Deer 500 meters in the front. Shall we each take one of them?"(Elf hunter)

What the? This Elf hunter is good. He can detect the Deer without using "Map" like me. Should I say, as expected of Elf hunter?

"What is the distance for you to get a good hit on the Deer?"(Razer)

"We can shoot them at 100 meters without the Deer detecting us. But us elf can still shoot perfectly even at the distance of 300 meters."(Elf hunter)

"I'm perfectly fine with the distance of 200 meters, not too far not to close."(Razer)

I know that this elf doesn't have ill intent, but his smile and his tone of voice feel like he is challenging me.

My archery skills actually sux, but I have "Accuracy" skills that will help me get a good shoot. 200 meters is the limit of my "Accuracy" skills, any more and it will lose it accuracy.

I take out the bow and arrow from my item box.

"Are you sure, you can use that bow to shoot the Deer?"(Elf hunter)

The elf gives me a questioning look as I took my cheap bow from my item box. I'm not interest in buying a more expensive bow. I'm not an archer after all. But I can't use any of my elemental skills. The fire element will burn the Deer to cinder....

"Don't worry, this bow is good enough. I'm not shooting a dragon after all."(Razer)

I did shoot a dragon with this bow. Mostly only steal kill since I can see the dragon HP, I just need to time my shot, that's all. Among a dozen of dragons, I only managed to steal kills 3 dragons only. Sigh....

Both of us take aim at the Deer at the distance of 200 meters. We released the arrow and it land perfectly at both of the Deer and instantly kill it.

"Oh. It's amazing how you can shoot the Deer with that low quality of bow."(Elf hunter)

"Haha! Thank you for the compliment."(Razer)

The Elf is not giving me a sarcasm talk. This bunch of Elves is an eccentric bunch who have high standard on beautiful things after all. like the beauty of elves, the beauty of nature and beauty of their craftsmanship. Well, forget it. It is their trait after all. Let's finish this job quickly.

The elf hunter wants to take care of the Deer, but I stop him because I have a quicker way. I take out two cards from my deck. "Animal Meat Card" and "Animal Pelt Card". Pointing both of the cards toward the Deer, it automatically absorbs both meat and pelt into the card leaving behind the bones and the organs. I put all the bones, heart and liver into my item box. And we buried all the unnecessary organs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that, we hunted a few more before going back to the village. While hunting, we also collect lots of fruits such as Pineapples, mangoes, avocados, kiwis, papayas. Well, of course, the fruit trees are not close to each other. We have to travel from one place to another. Each bags contain one type of this fruits.

Besides hunting, we also encounter few monster and aggressive animals such as wolves and Nightcrawlers. Killing this monster raise my level to 22.

After killing those Nightcrawlers, we are busy plucking the mangoes from its trees.

"You're quite strong to be able to killed those Wolves and Nightcrawlers despite owning such a cheap bows."(Elf hunter)

"My main profession is Elementalist after all. I can't use my element to hunting Deer, right? You see my fireball just now. It will burn the Deer to a cinder."(Razer)

"That's true. No wonder you use the ugly bow to hunt the Deer."(Elf hunter)

This guy is annoying. Quit talking about beauty and ugly thing all the time. Should I try my second job at him right now? Maybe I can get interesting information.
    *Window Menu, Razer Job Status*
    *Main Job = Elementalist Fire lvl 22*
    *secondary Job = Card Maker lvl 4*

*Job available for user to switch*
    *= Card Fighter, News Reporter*

If you look at the job available for my secondary job, you will notice "Card Fighter" & "News Reporter" Yes, "News Reporter". I was surprised when I obtain this job class. Apparently, I obtain this class when I created the newspaper a week ago. It's not a fighting class, but a class that specialized in information gathering.

Currently, I can only have 1 Main job and 1 Second Job at a time. So if I want to equip this "News Reporter" I need to switch it with my Card Maker class. I don't think I need to make any card for today, so let's switch the job and see its effect.
    *You have switch the Card Maker job with News Reporter job for the first time.*

*[System Notice]+1 stats to all for obtaining another class job*

*[System Notice]News reporter is a passive job. Beside the active ability to create newspaper,

all other skill is a passive skill.*

*List of News Reporter Skills*
    *- 50% to obtain random gossip, rumors, and information when asking question*
    *- 70% to obtain useless gossip, rumors, and information when asking question*
    *- 5% to obtain good information*

What the heck is this....The chance to obtain useless rumors is high. let just try it for now.

"So, how is it going with the Oakenlake Kingdom nowadays after the huge monsters raid a month ago?"(Razer)

"The condition of the Oakenlake kingdom? Currently, the situation doesn't look good for the royal faction. At this rate, the royal faction will surely lose to the noble faction."(Elf hunter)

"Eh? The royal faction is going to lose?"(Razer)

"Yes, the noble have been aggressive from the start, making the royal faction who is confident with their skills, losing a few points in the battle."(Elf hunter)

Battle? What battle is this guy talking about?

"Will the royal faction be OK?"(Razer)

"It's hard to judge. While the noble faction is currently in the leading, it seems the Exquisite Craftsmen faction and the Amazing Sculptor faction are also good contenders for the second place, making the royal faction trying their hardest to win against this 3 group."(Elf hunter)

".....What kind of battle are you talking about?..."(Razer)

"Hmm? What else? The Grand Prix of Sculptor of course. There are many teams that participate in the Prix, and the royal faction and noble faction are the favorites to win this year. They have many amazing sculptors at their disposal after all. But sigh... It seems, the royal faction sculptor is very lacking this year."(Elf hunter)

@#$%!

I'm sure this is useless information. I don't care about this stupid Elf Sculpting contest.........

It's nighttime when we reach the village, so I guess I will be staying at the village for today.

For now, I complete 5 bags of game meats, 5 bags of animal pelts and 5 bags of fruits.

The next morning, I visit the only blacksmith that still in good condition in this village. The village used to have 3 blacksmiths but 2 had been reduced to the dust. And most blacksmiths have been injured leaving only 1 capable blacksmith who is busy with his jobs.

"Hello! I'm adventurer from Aeternus who take the request of gathering 20 iron ore and processing the ore!"(Razer)

Inside of the blacksmith, there's a handsome blonde elf which looks like 30 years old. But I'm sure this man is more than 300-year-old...This bunch of elves is long lives after all.

"Hmm...A human blacksmith? Sigh... It's not like we can do anything. At least a human blacksmith are better than those ugly dwarf."(Elf blacksmith)

This guy is harsh. It seems the elf blacksmith doesn't like dwarf blacksmith to much. I'm not sure why maybe I can ask him and see if I got good information and not stupid information.

"Is there something wrong with the dwarf blacksmith?"(Razer)

"Of course! Those dwarf blacksmiths make ugly things after all. Just compared the elves sword with those dwarf. The elves sword is definitely more beautiful and elegant!"(Elf blacksmith)

......I'm sure this can be put in the category of useless information....

"Haha...Can I see the sword in this store?"(Razer)

"Of course! Take a look at how good the sword create by the elves compared to the ugly dwarf"(Elf blacksmith)

Looking around the store, I pick up the most beautiful sword and check it with my "Analysis" skill.
    *Analysis: Sword of Elegant Beauty, D-Rank Strength, A-Rank in Art Piece.*

*You didn't see it wrong. This beautiful and expensive sword that rank A in beauty is actually only on par with D-Rank sword create by the dwarf. Except for being uselessly beautiful and expensive, it's not practical at all. Even Rald will criticize that the sword is non-practical and waste of money. You can still buy it to show how rich you are and brag to your friend.*

......What a freaking useless sword!!! This is basically a money scam!!! Maybe I should learn blacksmith from the elves and sell it to the rich people. I can make more money compared to selling my card.

Alright, let's forget about this and focus on the jobs.

"Haha! This sword that mister forged is really beautiful."(Razer)

"Hmm? No. I'm not the one who make the sword."(Elf blacksmith)

"Oh? Is it your father or grandfather then?"(Razer)

"No. Me, my father and my grandfather is not a blacksmith."(Elf ???)

"What? Then what are you.."(Razer)

"I'm a painter!"(Elf Painter)

"@#$%!"(Razer)

Suddenly, another elf coming out from inside the blacksmith.

"Old Li, here's the tools that you want. Hurry up and paid. I've got a lot of work to do today."(The real blacksmith)

"OK! I'll be going then"(Elf Painter)

"Oh! You're the one who was shouting just now, saying you will be helping at my store just now?"(Elf blacksmith)

"Yes. I got 20 Iron ore that I mine from the gallant mine. I can also help with any type of forging job as long it doesn't involve in forging something magical."(Razer)

The elves take the 20 Iron ore with delight, then ask me some question.

"You can do forging job? Why don't you show me how you process an ore into an ingot, then?"(Elf blacksmith)

"Sure!"(Razer)

Holding the iron ore in my left hand, I take out the card that I make yesterday. Iron Ingot card.
    [​IMG]
    The Elf blacksmith had a confused look on his face, saying what the heck I take out a card for, but I just ignored him for now. Pointing the card into the Iron ore that I hold in my left hand, I chant the word,

"Store & Convert!"(Razer)

The Iron ore disappears from my left hand and stored into my card. Alright. Looks like there's no problem. I take out the Iron ingot out from the card and show it to the blacksmith.

The Elf blacksmith has astounding face look. I guess my way of forging is too unique.

"How did you...Never mind. As long you can do the job, I will be satisfied. Can you also make a metal bar, nails, screw, or some other specific metallic part?

Once again, I show him the process of turning Iron ingot into a nail. Apparently, I got only 20 nails from 1 Iron ingot. I think I can get more nail if my card maker level is higher. Oh well.

"Great! You're way of making item is really faster! Is there any way for anyone else to do what you do just now?"(Elf blacksmith)

"Apparently not. If other people take the card, they can only use it once a day only."(Razer)

"Too bad then, here's the list of item you need to make. I'm sure you can complete it in a day."(Elf blacksmith)

I take the list of item that I need to make.

*500 nail*
    *500 screw*
    *1000 metal bar*
    bla,
    bla,
    bla.

@#$%! What the heck! The number of the item I need to make is too many. This will take at least 2 days for me to finish all of this.

Sigh...I better start doing now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Late in the evening. I only managed to completed 500 nails and 250 screws. I'm out of mana and I don't want to drink a mana potion. Let just continue tomorrow.

I try to search the Elf blacksmith and tell him about my work progress when I discovered something that makes me want to scream what the heck!!!

"What the heck is this?!!"(Razer)

"Oh! Your finish?! This err, I'm not slacking!!!"(Elf Blacksmith)

I don't know what to say...This guy....

He is freaking sculpting instead of doing any blacksmith work!!!!

Should I just trash him right now?

Alright, cool your head. I'll be scolded if I trash my client. Putting my hand on top of my forehead, I calmly ask him a question.

"Why are you sculpting instead of doing any forging work?"(Razer)

"I can't help it! Seeing how you make all the forging works that should take a few days to complete, finished in just a day makes my sculpting instinct boiling, and I should just dump all the forging works on the human and focus on my sculpting work instead. Wait! Why am I telling you the truth?"(Elf Blacksmith)

Hmm? Is the "News Reporter" passive skill information gathering working?

But what did he said? Dump all the work on me while he doing a sculpting works?

"Oh! It seems that the villages reconstruction work got delayed because you are busy with sculpting instead of doing any forging work. Should I report this to the village head?"(Razer)

"Wait! Please don't report this to the village head! I'll give you discount on any weapons in my shop!"(Elf Blacksmith)

"Deal!"(Razer)

After that, I browse the weapons in the store and saw the most expensive bow in the store. The Elf blacksmith feels like coughing blood when I was asking to buy the most expensive bow with 90% discount. After battering for awhile, I managed to buy it cheaper than it previous priced, but almost 70% of the gold that I got from selling the card gone just like that. This freaking C-Rank bow is truly expensive.

*C-Rank Strength, A-Rank Art Piece*

The art piece part that makes this bow really expensive....

Sigh. At least, this bow is 200% stronger than my cheap bow. If I can use it properly, I can kill a C-Rank monster with just one critical shot!

Back to the forging ore quest. I make a deal to the blacksmith to sell the bow cheaply to me and I will do all the forging quest for the village construction while he can focus on his sculpting work.....

After the forging job, I go to the leather tanning workshop to completed the pelt processing quest. I was surprised with what I see when I open the workshop....

"This is not what you think it is! I'm not slacking!!!"(Elf Tanning Master)

This guy is sculpting instead of doing his job.....

With that, I got to buy a boot cheaply! A C-Rank boot of Silence! With this, I can walk silently!

Alright, forget about all those stupid sculptors. ignoring the Elf Tanning Master, I start to process the pelts and completed all my quest! Finally! I can leave this freaking village!

Sigh. Alright! Now I can focus on my other job. I hope both of them are doing well.

@shad12ow

ooc: Sigh. I want to take all Oakenlake Quest from A to Z, but it looks like I'm out of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.