Novel Battlefield Restart

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Love4NovelGuy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16: Duel

A duel was different from any of the spars I had with father or Mark.

As I walked towards the Training Grounds, I saw many people that were usually busy with other matter, like the Young Miss of this noble Household.

The House Master's daughter was indeed a girl with B Rank Magical Talent, looking at her pure silver hair that signified the strength of her Mana Origin, my eyes couldn't help but twitch a little as I felt my inferiority.

Her talent was the strongest in the entire kingdoms younger generation of Combatants, even if she couldn't compare to my parents right now, the potential she showed already indicated that she will surpass them in future.

She looked at me curiously as I made my way towards the temporal arena made by the servants of the Swordwick Household that were looking to watch a good fight. I didn't really hide much of my abilities in the past five years, and as I was about to battle against a strong opponent like that massive prick, there were many of them that were probably secretly betting who would win.

I made my way to the Arena with a confident stride. My parents who were walking beside the House Master watched the battle from a seat that was prepared beforehand, only they had the right to sit with the Swordwick Duke of the Drakeyol Kingdom due to their own efforts and talent in magical power.

The Swordwick Duke was also known as a B Rank Magical Talent just like my parents but the overall combat ability of that sharp-eyed, well-built man far exceeded my parents by a large margin.

The reason was simple, that silver-haired old Swordsman has his own special Art that can be used in sync with his Aura Manifestation.

Aura Manifestation can be said to be more of a passive ability created by a the Sword God, and since most humans can't bring out the techniques true strengths, the only way for others to increase their strength is by making their own 'active' abilities instead.

Aura Manifestation was the first Art to be made in human history, and after the weak human race saw the potential of Arts, many more were created after it through countless experimentations.

Duke Swordwick's 'Astral Swords' was one of such Arts that was passed down through his noble bloodline. Although I haven't seen it myself, it is said that when he uses his Art, a large amount of swords are able to be formed using his Mana in order to cut down his enemies.

Even though I already had the eighty years of memories of my previous life since birth, I wasn't able to create my own personal Art, no wonder my parents said that Arts were hard to create without a clear goal in mind.

Well, at least I was able to bring my strength up by a notch through mixing magic and science. Looks like it's time to test if my abilities can be used in an real battle against a strong opponent.

In this duel, we were each given strict orders to not use any magical equipment and to not lethally injure our opponent using our abilities.

I look at that massive prick that was holding his wooden spear in disgust while warming up by swinging my wooden knife and wooden sword.

It's not that I doubted his abilities, I mean, how could a weak person earn the chance to become that little girl's personal butler? The fact that he uses a spear gave me even more of an impression that he would be able to gain the upper hand in physical power.

However, what disgusted to point of not wanting anything to do with him was the fact that he was an arrogant prick who looked down on me.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that he was probably the most talented among the younger generation of servants when it came to pure Magical Talent. His disdain towards me isn't something new because I've seen many people consider me as a weakling just because I've an F Rank Magical Talent.

Now that I think about it, looking at him in disgust is a waste of my time, I should just bash his face with my wooden sword then be done with it.

"Are both of you ready?" Mark asks strictly as he was refereeing the duel from the side. A Wind Swordsman like him that focuses his effort in speed is usually needed in duels because sometimes only a fast person can stop things from getting out of hand.

If any of us was to be in danger, he would always be ready to step in and stop us from m breaking any rules.

"Ready." The giant youth stopped talking those friends his age and stepped onto the stage with an innocent smile. If I hadn't seen the contempt he had for me before, even I would have been fooled by that pure-hearted expression he wears as a mask.

"Ready." I held both my wooden knife and sword in reverse grip and declare.

"Then let the Duel start." Mark announces. The audience was in rapped attention towards us as they tried to probe both our strengths.

"Simon Rainglow, just give up, you can't win against absolute power." The massive- I mean, 'innocent giant' asks in way that made him look magnanimous and kind-hearted.

This guy talks to much...

My eyes couldn't help but gaze at him like he was some kind of mental patient as I released my Aura Manifestation.

An amethyst glow surrounds my body and causes his words to be swallowed down his throat. His eyes narrow in seriousness as he found I probably wouldn't be that easy to deal with.

Looks like I underestimated him, it looks like he knows just how dangerous as Anti-Magic ability like Lightning Aura actually is, he must have trained at a very young age just like myself.

"I'm sorry for looking down on you. Let us have a good fight." He says while readying his wooden spear into a formal stance. The opal glow of his released Earth Aura that far exceeded the size my puny Lightning Aura, but his face didn't show its previous arrogance, and instead had his eyes showed pure confidence of his abilities.

We didn't talk with our voices, but instead used our weapons to attack one another, both of us charged at the same time as we readied our Spells.

A bolt of purple electricity sparked out of my Aura as I clashed with his head on, my sword movements was quickly followed up by a knife that tried to poke a hole in his defences, while he used the Earth Aura around his body to create an Earth Armour that blocked every one of my attacks.

Our figures moved everywhere around the stage as we clashed but none of us was able to gain an upper hand in any of our bouts. The armour he created out of his Earth Aura was so thick that every one of my attacks that were coated in lightning wasn't able to pierce through deeply enough to hurt him.

That said, his position wasn't any better because my combat experience was too rich, his heavy spear was always redirected using my swords.

It may look like we're even on the outside, but I knew clearly that his plan was probably to exhaust my Mana, a confident smile etched across his face as the shock he displayed towards my skills faded. I don't know whether to praise his stable mind or curse the fact that his assumptions were spot on.

Looks like it's time to get serious!

2. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17: Decisive Battle!

There are two ways to increase the effectiveness of Arts and Spells.

First is by improving the quantity of Mana that is being loaded into it. A way that most choose in order to create larger versions of magic abilities.

Second is by improving the quality of the magical abilities. My own Blue Fire Bullet Spell is an example of that due to it being an upgraded version of the Fireball Spell. However, I can't use that right now because he definitely would allow me use a Spell in this situation.

Controlling Ether takes a little bit of time, if I was to hesitate in blocking for a moment, he'd ram his spear into me and send me flying out of the arena.

There's only one way out of this, and that is to try to test that Art I was thinking of using, I hardly know if this will work but now it's all or nothing!

[Cognitive Drive!]

I focus my Lightning Aura into my nervous system and augment it using the attributes of the the mimicked element. My iris dyed purple the world around me starts to slow down.

It wasn't that I slowed down time, but instead it was that I used my Lightning Aura to increase my cognitive perception of the world around me.

I have no time to enjoy the feeling of seeing the world in this new light as I use it's effects to good use in battle.

After redirecting one of his attacks, I manipulated my Lightning Aura to create a purple bolt of lightning near my hand, causing my mind raced as a feeling of weakness overcame me.

Creating something out of nothing using Aura Manifestation used a lot of Mana, that kid called Jack was able to create Earth Armour due his high talent and Earth Affinity, but I couldn't.

However, I didn't feel it was a waste of energy because I could increase its firepower by altering its 'current'.

Although the Lightning Bolt was small compared to my Fireball Spell, my mind used the extra cognitive ability it had to continuously increase its overall power, then I sent out a fist towards Jack's armour after charging it enough.

[Electric Impulse!]

My fist smashed into his Earth Armour and destroyed his strong defence.

His eyes widened in disbelief as he saw my fist had destroyed, and his face twisted as he tried to retreat, but how could I just let him back away?

[Mountain Toppling!]

Without warning, he stabbed his spear into the ground and hurled up the floor under me by manipulating Earth Ether.

Since we both were unable to see each other's movements, I decided that I would retreat as well, because charging forward without a plan was too reckless. The Lightning Aura around me changes into an emerald Wind Aura as I created a another Art it as a base.

[Weightless Skeleton!]

I jump off the big patch of Earth that was thrown into the air and defend my body as an Earth Lance thrusted out of the earth below me. This Earth Lance was so large that I would have normally dodged, but considering my circumstances, I instead used its power to fly higher into the air above.

What a tricky guy! So this is what Magical combat feels like, it's so exhilarating, and make my blood boil!

[Air Walk!]

Instead of taking revenge for almost getting impaled, I use a basic technique that anyone who grasps Wind Aura can use and keep my body afloat in the air.

It only took a moment for the tossed patch of Earth to fall back to the ground, revealing the silhouette of Jack who was gasping for air, it seems the electrical charge I used wasn't enough.

From the looks of his Aura, it seems he consumed quite a bit of Mana to ward off my attack, but that doesn't matter.

While in the air, I switch my Wind Aura to a ruby-like Fire Aura and start preparing Blue Fire Bullet Spells.

It's not like I need to switch aura's to manipulate Ether, but manifesting a Fire Aura increases my fire control.

A bunch of small blue flames start to pile around me as I prepared, but without the help of Weightless Skeleton, my Air Walk wasn't enough to keep me floating in mid air.

My body gradually descended towards Jack, but I wasn't agitated, calmly proceeding to create more fire bullets.

"It seems I underestimated you." Jack says ferociously as stared as me angrily.

Hah...? As expected, he's still a a child isn't he? To think that it would only take one attack to effect his emotions.

"You may want to use a Spell to defend against this." I advise worriedly. It's not like I want to kill him with this Spell.

"Dream on!" Oh, it looks like my words hurt his pride, he must be thinking I'm advising him out of my own arrogance.

Instead of aiming for his body, I made sure that most of the fire bullets I prepared will hit the ground, then shot them at him as a barrage of attacks.

Although he probably didn't understand how strong these little bullets were, he still decided to attack me with full force, the Earth Ether around him trembled as he jumped over the bullets trajectory before heading towards where I was falling.

A myriad of explosions resounded behind him, causing his face to pale in response, it seems he's now starting to adapt to my unpredictable Spells.

"Having fun?" I asked as I met his spear once again with my sword.

[Muscle Enhancement!]

Using my muscles as a medium, I used my Fire Aura to increase my strength and struck at his spear head-on.

The impact nearly caused him to let go of his spear, but he still stubbornly held on, the power of his Earth Aura intensified as it looked like he was going to use the Level 2 ability of Aura Manifestation by injecting Mana.

[Astral Body!]

His opal Earth Aura becomes more corporeal as he gets serious! He clenched his fist and punched out with all his strength, causing his Aura to copy the shape of his hand in order to follow his movements. My Fire Aura turns into an Earth Aura as I defended myself by injecting my Aura into skin.

[Skin Reinforcement!]

A powerful sound of impact resounded as the Aura fist hit my body, but because my bodies defence was reinforced, I was merely pushed back by his attack. Even though the attack didn't damage my skin, it still affected me internally with its pressure, this is definitely something I gotta work on.

As I thought that, my body didn't stop I threw my weapons in his direction in order to force him to defend, in that one moment he was careless I grabbed his wooden spear before punching him.

My muscles were enhanced by my Fire Aura as I punched his chin, then followed with a series of hand-to-hand combat moves at close range, he wasn't even able to react as I barraged him.

He suddenly countered with his fist to attack my groin, but I grabbed his arm and gave him a good overarm throw in response. The last thing I did was subdue him by threateningly shining my Lightning Aura coated hand above his head so that he wouldn't struggle.

"The duel has ended, the winner is Simon!" Mark exclaims in excitement.

I move my hand away from Jack's head and smiled, but something wasn't quite right as everyone else was silent.

I looked around and saw that most the servants were still looking at me in disbelief and awe. The House Master solemnly stood up from his seat and looked at me with sharp-eyes.

"Follow me." Duke Swordwick orders as he walked away with my parents in tow. It seems I really shouldn't have showed too many of my hidden cards...

3. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18: The Swordwick Duke's Perspective

[Astral Swords!]

Many Outsiders died at my hands as I walked around the battlefield.

No matter how many Goblins attacked the border of the Drakeyol Kingdom, a sword made from my Water Aura would always cut them apart, causing the morale of the soldiers to increase.

One hundred and twenty aquatic swords hovered above me as I made my way towards my servant who was fighting hard to keep me protected.

Although I don't really need his protection, it still warm my heart to see such dedication in my noble household of Martial Swordsman, a content smile curves on my face as I leisurely fought.

As a noble of the kingdom, I normally have to talk to many people with ulterior motives concerning any and all relationships. This made me feel more guarded towards people whilst growing up. However, who could have predicted that I would trust others like I do now?

This wasn't because of my own efforts but due to the stubbornness of my Head Butler and his wife.

A feeling of nostalgia ran through me as I remembered the two mercenaries that eventually become my servants.

Not only was there Magical Talents excellent, their combat abilities were pretty strong as well, which was the reason I tried to hire them as servants.

Some people would say that I'm as arrogant as a King for thinking that two high level Mercenaries would would become my servants, but I don't care, becoming my servants shouldn't be unacceptable for them since I did spent a lot of resources to heal them.

"Master Swordwick, is something wrong?" My Head Butler asks.

"It's about your son." After hearing my words, he couldn't help but helplessly smile, since he knew what I was going to advise him out of my kindness.

"I don't want him to live the life as an ordinary servant of the household." I couldn't help but furrow my brows as I heard this. I didn't think my Butler would be so cruel towards his son.

"Although I've been given information regarding your son's exceptional performance, there's no way for him to help my daughter with his limited potential, not unless he is able to break laws of nature like my ancestor." As Fredrick heard my opinion, his smile stiffened, because he most likely understood that no one could rival the Sword God of the Chaotic Era.

"No, he can, because he's a genius."

"A genius? I agree. His imaginative ways of using Mana is something I haven't seen before, and his martial arts far outstrip those his own age, but that is all he has to rely on."

"You just don't understand. Even if he can't reach the third level of Human Combatants with his strength, he will still be able to keep up with your daughter, I believe in him."

"Fine then. I'll give him a test, if he's unable to pass, you must give up on trying to groom him into a third level Combatant." I give up in trying to change his decision and instead try a different approach to persuade him.

"... I understand." Fredrick reluctantly agrees, and with that, the duel between the two little butlers was set in stone.

I know that with that little guys cold personality, he wouldn't agree to a duel easily, so I'll make sure that Jack infuriates him with his sharp tongue.

--------------------------------------

I thought that Simon would lose to that arrogant pri- I mean, talented personal butler candidate, but who could have thought that his mind was so devious?

Throughout the entire duel, he was always thinking one step ahead and used every trick in the book to fight.

His combat prowess far exceeded any Rank F Magical Talent I have ever seen before. However, the only reason he won was due to Jack's overconfidence.

Would an experienced veteran really be shocked by Simon's strange Spells?

"Greetings House Master, is there something wrong?" As he speaks, I look at Simon's calm and composed eyes with complexity. Unable to put into words what I wanted to advise.

Fredrick's a fool who'd put too much faith in people and Martha's a naive woman who only looks at her child's smile, both of these two servants aren't able to properly judge Simon as whole.

From his academic results, I can say that he has a high chance of becoming a Scholar in future instead of a Combatant. My daughter, Sapphire, is destined to surpass him no matter how he shortens the gap between them.

I don't want to give this talented youth false hope, so it would be better if he chose a realistic goal like being a normal Butler or Guard, since both of these occupations only needed someone with Level 2 Magical Ability.

"Simon Rainglow, after seeing your strength, I've concluded that sending you to the Royal Academy would be a waste of time." Simon's eyes widened in disbelief as he heard my cold words.

"Is it because of my F Rank Magical Talent?" Simon asks in return.

"That's only one reason I'm unable to accept you as my daughter's personal butler, the second reason is due to the fact that you're untalented in sharpening your Aura, which is the only way to keep up with her."

"I can increase the quality of my techniques and bring them to higher levels. The magical abilities I've shown wasn't the limit of my power." As I heard these words, I couldn't help but glance at my two servants standing besides me as they nodded their heads to his words, I lean forward on my chair in order to look at him closely.

"From what I could tell, you increased your physical abilities through the use of your mimicked Aura, a true Combatant would be able to beat you down barehanded despite your unusual martial arts ability and combat prowess. In regards to your unusual Spells, they take too long to charge, and even an ordinary Combatant would be able to use that opening to kill you."

"I will adapt my magical abilities in future. I'll increase the quality of my Arts and Spells to make up for my lack of Mana. I'll use equipment to bolster my combat prowess even higher."

"Increase the quality of your Spells? Do you think you're the only one with strong Arts and Spells? Or do you think these abilities you're going to make will be as strong as the Sword God's Aura Manifestation? You ignorant child!"

At these words, the little guy wasn't able to retort, it seems he suddenly realising how ignorant he was before.

"Let's take my Astral Swords as an example. The first level of the ability lets me control 40 swords created by my Aura as I wish, the second level allows me to control 80, and the third level allows me to control 120.

The drawbacks is its powerful Mana consumption and the fact that mastering the ability is extremely difficult. However, the power of this Art is something feared by all.

Other people's specialised Arts and Spells may not be able to compare with this ability when it comes to attack power, but that doesn't mean they are weaklings. Think about your future carefully and stop daydreaming about becoming another Sword God, because no one has the ability to surpass him."

4. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19: The Bet

Master Swordwick's opinion was biased in many ways, but even so, his argument held a great amount of truth.

'The the higher the level, the more difficult it is to climb.' This is a known fact that is accepted by all Combatants.

But so what if it's difficult? I'm not going to get a second chance if I waste my time becoming a weak servant.

I may have a low quantity of Mana, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to improve the quality of my techniques with time. If others grow stronger, I'll just surpass them, plain and simple!

"I never really thought about what I'd become in future." As the Duke heard my words, he smile, as if he was pleased by the fact I was thinking about my future prospects more thoroughly.

"I wanted to become strong enough to defend myself and my family. At first I thought that being able to defeat Jack was enough to prove my potential, but I was wrong, it seems that beating him really had no meaning to everyone.

All those uncles and aunties were probably shocked by my weird magical abilities, but it seems no one had the confidence to say that I will reach the level of true Human Combatants." As the Duke heard my words, his eyes narrowed, the light in his eyes sharpen.

"Knowing that nobody besides your father expects anything from you, will you still continue down this path?" As I heard the Duke's calm voice, my eyes couldn't help but glance at the expression of my parents, only to see that their eyes were actually similar.

"House Master, I believe in my son as well." My mother declares straightforwardly, causing the Duke to look at her strangely, his expression changed to one of confusion.

"Martha, I didn't expect that you too would support your husband in his foolishness." The Duke's face changed as he realised what her words meant.

"Calling my parents foolish is going too far." I say calmly with a sharp glare.

"You think an F Rank like you will be able to become a true Combatant?" The Duke didn't mind my rudeness and asks. His eyes seemed to look down on me like an I was ignorant child who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"I do, and I'll prove it by upgrading my Aura Manifestation to Level 3." I reply.

"And how long do you think that will take?" The Duke ask in an unconvinced manner. There was a massive gap between each level of Aura Manifestation, and it was not something that mere hard word could cross, the Duke didn't believe one bit that I would be able pull it off.

"A week." I answer unhesitatingly. It was a short time period, but pressure is something that helps awaken human potential, I'll be sure to train like madman as I search for a solution.

My parents were both shocked by my answer, since they knew that I wouldn't lie in such a situation, I couldn't understand the emotions in their eyes as they started to exchange glances.

All true Combatants were able to use Level 3 Aura Manifestation, even Jack had the potential of being able to use it in future, this is one of the vital requirements to become a Combatant.

"Let's make a bet then." The Duke points out his index finger and suggests. I couldn't help but frown at his suggestion due to its suddenness.

"The best is simple. If you're unable to create a Level 3 Aura Manifestation in a weeks time. You will stop training and become just a regular servant." A chill ran down my spine as I heard such blatantly unfair conditions. He was probably taking revenge for my rudeness in interrupting him earlier.

"And if I'm able to create one?" I couldn't help but ask in response.

"I will reward you with something priceless." The Duke sincerely answers.

I didn't believe that the Duke would let go of his pride in order to lie to me.

If the Duke was to say that the reward was 'priceless', then it must be something that even other bloodlines of nobles would fight for, just thinking about obtaining such a reward excites me. I wonder what the reward truly is?

"You're really excited right? It seems that a persons Ether Affinity really does affect one consciousness. I don't completely have no hope for your success. As a Double Affinity user usually has more options for growth than a Single Affinity user." The Duke informed. His knowledge about my growth has been too thorough recently.

A strange look appeared in my eyes as I glanced at my father who was playing innocent at the side. Even my mother couldn't help but sigh as she now understood why the Duke was so well-informed about my abilities.

It's not that I wanted to keep my affinities a secret, it's just uncomfortable when someone else knows so much about me, this kind of information is not supposed to be shown to people I've never met before.

"You don't have to be so reserved. Even if you created an ability that was stronger than the Sword God's Aura Manifestation Art, no one will even try to interrogate it off you, since that would cause the the King to spare no effort in erasing that individual."

"Hmm? Why is that?" At the Duke's nonchalant words, I couldn't help but ask in surprise, I actually forgot how valuable my techniques are to others.

"The King hates those that try to obstruct the road of talents. As for why he becomes hysterical when people try to steal the techniques of others, you will definitely find out in future, so just focus on improving your techniques."

After the Duke was finished advising me out of his good will, I walked out with my parents who seemed troubled over something, my curiosity was picked as I tried to find out what it was.

"What is this priceless reward that the Duke will give me if I succeed?" As I ask, they stopped in their tracks, I also stopped walking as I turned to look at them. They have never hid anything from me before, so there shouldn't be a reason for them to hide what it is, but their expressions are a bit suspicious.

"Simon, do you know why we agreed to serve the Swordwick Household?" My mother had completely changed the subject but her eyes seemed serious as she awaited my answer patiently.

"Wasn't it because of money." Although this answer sounded crude and insensitive, it cut straight to the point.

"Well considered." My father praises but my mother just glared at him to stay silent. Father wasn't dumb and understood that mother wanted to speak to me in private, so he left. He waved his hand towards us before putting on the cold facade he usually has on when facing other servants.

"I can't remember anymore if it was due to gratitude or greed, but I remember that one of the reasons we chose to become servants was to settle down somewhere that was safe.

You don't understand right now because seeing what the world is like like is better than hearing it. There are plenty of Humans on Sphera, but remember that outside this kingdoms borders, the true rulers of the world are the Goblins. A race of Outsiders that is supported by the Earth God." Her eyes seemed to suppress a bitter emotions as she spoke that last sentence.

I was shocked as I looked at my mother's face that was twisted with malice, not understanding what could have caused her to bare deep rooted hatred, but my heart was also affected by her wrath. I don't know what happened to my mother in the past but anyone who's her enemy is my own.

"After you grow up and become a splendid Combatant. Make sure you go to the Hunter Society to register yourself as a Goblin Hunter. This is the only thing I want you to do after you leave. Simon, promise me that after you gain the strength of a true Combatant. you'll become a Goblin Hunter in future." My mother requests.

"I promise." After hearing my answer, a tear fell on my clothes as my mother hugged me, a feeling of helplessness invaded my heart I thought back to her words. Why did mother hate Goblins so badly ? I don't know what it was, but accepting her request like this felt uncomfortable, I just didn't like it.

"I will be leaving then." I say before leaving. My mind spun as I separated from her to go back to my room.

5. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21: The Young Miss's Perceptive

"Father, why do you want me to be strong?" I ask my cold-hearted father who was training to use Astral Swords.

"As a member of a noble bloodline, you must be powerful, a weak Noble would just be eaten by the trash called commoners." Father answers with displeasure. The hundred and twenty swords circle around me, talking advantage of every holes in my defence.

Father once praised that I was talented in our Lineage Art: Astral Swords but the only thing I was rewarded after that was strict training from the age of six.

Father never moved a single step whilst training me, he only moved the flying swords around him to attack me using their blunt edges, tripping me over or bruising me whenever I was careless.

"I don't want to train, I want to live normally like my friends, I want freedom!" I roared towards my father who emotionlessly watched my tantrum. For five years, I've endured pain and suffering for something I don't even desire to have. Why should I care about nobility or power?

"It seems I've pampered you too much at a young age." Father narrowed his eyes coldly then broke my manifested swords with a snap of his finger.

"You must think that you're the most pitiful girl in the world, that strength doesn't matter at all to nobles like the both of us, but you're wrong. So wrong in fact, that it makes me want to punish you, why can't you be more mature like Fredrick's son? If you had half the determination of his son, you would have been able to unlock the second layer of Astral Swords and earned glory for our noble Household!" Father growls in anger. His eyes seemed to contain a blazing inferno of rage.

"I'm sorry." I give up and apologise.

I don't want Father to hate me. I don't like it when father looks at me like that.

After mother died, father hasn't been the same, the times when father would look at me in such a way increased.

I don't know what father feels when he makes that face but I know that it's because I did something wrong.

I'm sorry, father, your daughter will try harder. I won't ever complain anymore.

I didn't lower my head nor did I cry, I used actions rather than words to communicate what I felt. I closed my eyes for a second, and when I opened them, I felt more in touch with my ability. The swords hovering around me doubled their number to eighty before I attacked. A surprised expression appeared on my father's face before he casually blocked.

"Good! Good! You've grown. You may just be able to reclaim our Household's lost glory. Now that you've surpassed my younger self in all aspects, I'm sure Helen would be proud, good girl!" My father praised as the fire in his eyes cooled down. A satisfied smile curved onto his lips as he praised my talent.

"As a reward, name something you want and I'll give it to you." Father generously says as he gave me a hug.

"I want Simon to be my personal servant." I ask with a blushing face.

I only noticed him after he beat Jack up with his strange Arts and Spells. He's so cool~ He's like a legendary Hero~

"He'll naturally become your personal servant if he can reach the third level of Aura Manifestation, in fact, he'll become something much more than that if he is able to draw out his potential at such an early age." Father's smile was a little scary as he said that.

Simon is going to become something more than a personal servant?

"Forget it, you yourself should be making preparations to enter the third level of Aura Manifestation as well."

"What is the 'third level'?" I couldn't help but ask. Father never really gave me much of an explanation on it.

"The first level is just the augmentation of the flesh, the second level is Manifestation of the elements, but these two are merely the foundation used to reach the third level: Skill Root." Father patiently explains.

"You may not be able to understand right now, but you should keep in mind that the first and second level of Aura Manifestation aren't weak. It's just that those two levels aren't able to be as 'Mystical' as the third level." I wasn't able to understand father's warning very clearly, and my expression seemed to be unable hide my thoughts, father could only sigh as he explained further.

"As I've said many times before, those who increase their mastery over the augmentation of flesh are classed as Warriors whilst those that focus on the second level of Aura Manifestation are classed as Magicians."

"These two professions are weaker in close-combat compared to those classed as Combatant but they are still dangerous in their own right." Father informed while shaking his head.

"But what's a Skill Root?" I didn't really have much of an interest in learning about Magicians or Warriors because Combatants are cooler~! I heard that some of them can teleport! Father sighed he looked at me for a moment.

"Skill Root, as in the 'root' of all your future skills, a very important foundation for your future development as a Combatant. My own 'Sword Eyes' Skill Root is one of the few high quality Skill Roots that exist within the world. However, you must remember that I'm unable to help you any further than giving you pointers. A Skill Root isn't something that can be sought, it is something that's found, I want you to try to find your own root."

Father left after leaving behind those words, and after I made sure no one was looking, I lazily lay on the grass of my own personal Training Grounds.

Father's 'Sword Eyes' Skill Root is amazing, just thinking about how showed off his Skill Root a few days ago makes me feel excited about what my own will be like, a fire burns deeply in my heart as I looked at the cloudy sky.

I want a Skill Root as well. Father said he'll let me adventure if I'm able to create one before the age of fifteen.

"Young Miss, what are you thinking about?" Anna suddenly appeared beside me and asks with curiosity.

I wasn't really that surprised by her sudden appearance, Anna always liked to scare me like this when I was younger, but now it's just childish. I'm not that same little girl anymore.

"I'm thinking about how talented you are in using your Dark Aura." I say sarcastically. I definitely wouldn't show this side of me to father, who knows how father would after seeing me like this, would he be disappointed in me?

"Young Miss, don't even mention my talent, I've never even heard of someone like you who could instantly learn Ninja Techniques I had so painstakingly mastered." Anna says with dispiritedly. A smile couldn't help but curve on my lips as I saw her mood.

"I know I'm a talented genius. So praise me more~" I say playfully and gave her a hug. I'd never be able to forget how easy forming 'Shadow Images' were.

"By the way, have you invited Simon over? I want to meet him." My eyes brighten as I ask enthusiastically.

"No worries. Martha should be bringing him here any moment." After hearing her words, I gestured her to prepare a table, it'd be embarrassing if he saw me lazily laying on the grass.