Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ3 – No Rank – Gather 20 Large Stone [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ9 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Vegetables [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ10 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Wild Berries [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ12 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Game Meat [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ16 – No Rank – Remove Rubble [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ23 – No Rank – Cook in The Emergency Kitchen [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    =============================

Welcome back! Let me see...

Uhum... I... I'm sorry, since you got the quests from a flying paper, I guess you missed the announcement about them, the quests are supposed to help on the reconstruction of the Oakenlake Kingdom... Considering what you did, I'll have to fail most of your quests... *bows in apology*

I can put as completed the ones to get the large stones, the vegetables and the berries, but rotten meat is a big no, and the others didn't really help Oakenlake in any way... Sorry! I should've been more clear when I granted them! >.<

Your reward will be of 300G and 120 Event Points... I hope you have better luck next time... orz

(( I forgot you had joined after the announcement! >.<

Sowwy!!

Oh and I didn't mention your name because I'm on phone, so I don't see your sig, then I don't know it... Teehee? ))

2. Support

Support Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok I finished the ending on my phone and sorry for the bad report I stopped at day 2 since Valentine's day and I just finished it last night, so after that it wasn't that good, but hey I just wanted something rather than ditching the quest all together. Well thanks and bye.

Wait, thank you, I'm not sure If I put my name there. Thanks.
    I actually had it, thanks anyways

3. PlainValley

PlainValley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    alone
    @brasca123

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn... You got 2 things wrong, let me try to help you with that.

First of all, you should've waiting until some of the staff members had approved your request for joining, just to assure everything was fine, I just did that, so things are fine, but you posted this a bit before I did.

Secondly, you put the request for the quests on the Quest Board, not on the Receptionist's Desk, repost this there and I'll grant the quests for you.

You don't need to get only one quest though, you can get up to 6, but it's up to you!

Bielt likes this.
  5. PlainValley

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thanks and sorry

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. PlainValley

Reading List:
    Link
    alone
    @brasca123
    After being the only survivor of the "Valle" I only traveled alone and now i find myself in front of a huge building namely the Adventurer's Guild.I then proceed to enter and headed to where you can register as a member and after registration I quickly headed to the quest board and proceeded to accept the quest but I made a big blunder by not waiting for my registration to be verified and to make matters worse I also submitted my quest request to the wrong place it was a good thing that the receptionist that verified my registration was very very nice and told the basics. After that I then proceed to do the quest and head to where the rats are. After I arrived at the location I noticed the rats and they all seem to be afraid of me, I guess their instinct are acting up cause I'm technically a half cat, Oh well even if they run they still head over to me anyways. I activated my Redirect skill and all the rats aggroed on to me then I proceeded to kill them one by one with my Cat claws or nails to be specific. I did't need to use my shield so I made it smaller and proceeded cut, slash and stab rats in front of me, occasionally they will try to surround me but I will just nimbly rush out of their encirclement. After about 1 and a half hour I finished killing all 100 rats and started picking up loots, they were all rat parts but loot is still loot, "I wonder if rat meat here is edible hmmmmm I'll just ask the receptionist about this". After collecting the loot I started heading back to the guild, Oh and I also learned two skills in while fighting(massacring) the rats which is "hand to hand fighting" and "Hand blade" respectively a passive skill and an active one. I then proceed to the receptionist that helped me before to turn in my quest I said Hello and she Hello-ed back I then give her the proof of quest completion of the quest
    note: Loot gained
    rat tooth x 27
    rat tail: 5
    rat meat: 4

@brasca123

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ===============================================
    Welcome back Sidel-kun!

Huuumm... Let's see... Everything seems to be in order, so please take these 100G!

As for rat meat? It's not something most people eat, but it's edible, you can eat it if you can't afford anything better I suppose.

Good job out there! Hope you keep doing well on future quests! \(^^)/

(( The story is mostly fine, but try using some paragraphs to separate the text, it's hard to read in the way you did...

Something like... This I guess?

After being the only survivor of the "Valle" I only traveled alone and now i find myself in front of a huge building namely the Adventurer's Guild.

I then proceed to enter and headed to where you can register as a member and after registration I quickly headed to the quest board and proceeded to accept the quest but I made a big blunder by not waiting for my registration to be verified and to make matters worse I also submitted my quest request to the wrong place it was a good thing that the receptionist that verified my registration was very very nice and told the basics.

After that I then proceed to do the quest and head to where the rats are.

After I arrived at the location I noticed the rats and they all seem to be afraid of me, I guess their instinct are acting up cause I'm technically a half cat, Oh well even if they run they still head over to me anyways.

I activated my Redirect skill and all the rats aggroed on to me then I proceeded to kill them one by one with my Cat claws or nails to be specific. I did't need to use my shield so I made it smaller and proceeded cut, slash and stab rats in front of me, occasionally they will try to surround me but I will just nimbly rush out of their encirclement.

After about 1 and a half hour I finished killing all 100 rats and started picking up loots, they were all rat parts but loot is still loot, "I wonder if rat meat here is edible hmmmmm I'll just ask the receptionist about this".

After collecting the loot I started heading back to the guild, Oh and I also learned two skills in while fighting(massacring) the rats which is "hand to hand fighting" and "Hand blade" respectively a passive skill and an active one.

I then proceed to the receptionist that helped me before to turn in my quest I said Hello and she Hello-ed back I then give her the proof of quest completion of the quest

Feels a lot easier to read it like that, doesn't it?

Hope you enjoyed writing it, and that you have fun while keeping on staying here! ))

8. PlainValley

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Hikari

9. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    • Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    • Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    • Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    • Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    • Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    • Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    "Good day to you. I've recently finished my line-up of quests and have come here to make a report. I hope everything is satisfactory."

I may have thought it was a mistake to spend almost all day in the Guild Tavern yesterday but the pay out from that was going to be a huge help in my quest today.

Originally, I only planned on checking what kind of crowd this region had to boast of and found myself so immersed with the eclectic mix of people that I forgot to leave. It was thanks to that though that I knew where to go. Adventurers in the tavern had talked about their exploits and I based my plans for today from that.

Opening the map I had with me, I double checked my route. Thankfully, my Guild Membership plus my quest list was approved earlier today allowing me to leave in a timely fashion.

Frontier Village was now too far to see and I had already managed to cross the river bisecting the grasslands into open plain. I had managed to encounter 8 slimes and 4 wandering rabbits along the way and had no trouble dispatching the creatures.

I was heading deeper North-West into the Great Plains when I heard unnatural rustling that was on the other side of a slightly tall hill. Deftly putting the map back into my travelling pouch, I unsheathed my daggers and stealthily made my way to the top of the rise and gave a careful peek over to the other side.

It was 3 kobolds. I couldn't help being mildly surprised. Despite the fact that Frontier Village was no longer in sight, this area was still considered to be close to human settlement. Why were they here?

They were all crouched down and grunting at each other with an occasional hiss here and there. They seemed to have been arguing over something. When one of them shifted its body, I caught a glimpse at what they were doing. They had been setting up a trap. One too unique and with a specific target in mind. Definitely made to hurt a person even twice my size.

Tsk. What pests.

Gripping my daggers with a firmer hold, I leaned over. Weight centered to the front, there was a feeling of falling over until I used that as momentum for my sprint down the hill.

Stealth had never been something I was good at but that hardly mattered. They were at the foot of the hill on the other side. The elevation proved to be my ally as I bolted towards my targets.

Without them even noticing me, I activated Ankle Biter. The effect was almost instantaneous. It started with cerulean colored mist seeping up from the ground wisping into tendrils of smoke and then coalesced into figures that looked like grotesque, misshapen children about half a foot in height. The kobolds screamed out in panic.

The area affected was a solid 4 yard circumference that had me at its center. I watched as 2 kobolds pointed at me with their spears while the other smashed at the ground with its makeshift axe. Before they could even attempt to move towards me, I raised my daggers high above my head and slashed down an attack called Soul Cleaver. Two sharp crescents of cerulean light cut through the air towards the two kobolds heading my way.

It was a solid hit. The attack went through their armor leaving a clean diagonal cut on their chests. Being that they were kobolds though and that their armor proved to be slightly effective, the damages were mediocre at best.

It hardly mattered. As the 2 kobolds staggered back and lost their footing, I maneuvered left, slashed another Soul Cleaver towards the other one with the axe, took a solid step with my left foot and used that as an anchor to pivot swiftly while using Smite on the already injured kobold.

The impact was heavy but the follow-through was swift. No matter how long I've used these twin daggers, I'm still very much impressed with how sharp they were.

The curse effect of my dagger sprung forth on the kobold. His already slow movements from Ankle Biter became even slower. Add to that, his attemps of attacking me were pitiful at best. It was as good as dead.

Feeling a presence to my side, I side-stepped and cleanly dodged the spear thrust from the other kobold. With a double slash of Smite on the spear shaft, it broke in two, spear head clattering on the ghost-like images on the ground.

As insurance, another round of Ankle Biter before the first cast of the skill could dissipate. Effects didn't stack but kept the targets slow nonetheless.

Disoriented from losing his weapon, the kobold stumbled sideways and I couldn't ignore the opening. Lunging forward, I slashed down with Smite using my left dagger then swiped upwards with a Soul Cleaver from my right. Curse effect bit down at the kobold and I knew my right dagger landed a critical hit. The force from Soul Cleaver caused the kobold to fly up and the beast landed with a dull thud a good 2 yards away. It was dead.

The one with the axe backed away and was about to flee but before it could, I slashed down with Soul Cleaver but nearly missed. As luck would have it, I seemed to have nicked it's ankle causing it to yelp in surprise as it lost its footing and fell. Without giving it time to find its bearings, I leapt on the kobold's back and thrusted down with Smite. The stab went through armor, hide, muscle and bone.

I slid my dagger free from the corpse and turned to the remaining beast. I knew the effects of Ankle Biter was nearing its end but I really didn't need to cast it again.

The kobold turned away in desperation and was about to runaway but the two slashes of Soul Cleaver ended its course. The beast was dead.

It was then that Ankle Biter reached up into cerulean tendrils of smoke and swirled away into a gentle mist then melted down into the ground. A rewind of its casting.

I approched the nearest corpse - kobold with axe - and crouched down to wipe my daggers on what little rag of clothing it had. Sheathing the Fangs of Surma in the scabbards harnessed to my lower back, I took out my very generic knife and cut out my proof of kill. After doing the same to the other two, I then approached the trap they were setting up and made sure it was dismantled.

Once that was done, I checked the position of the sun. Still early yet. Leaving the kobold corpses in a pile, I went on my way.

--- dispatched 8 slimes, 4 wandering rabbits, and 3 kobolds ---
    I am tired. It was slightly foolish of me to take on 6 quests as soon as I could. I don't regret it though. Nothing beats a baptism of battle to get one acclimated into a new territory.

Thinking about everything that had happened in my life up until this point, I let out a long sigh. I was already 26 and yet just a rank E adventurer. In another life, another place, my knowledge of a different specialty was twice that of my experience as a fighting mage.

It was hard being the daughter of a powerful Miko that had undergone strict training to become the Tamayori Hime (bride of a god) who later on bore the daughter of a very cunning Kalman Väki instead of the supposed god she was worshiping. The priests, monks, and other mikos were enraged and called the Haltijan folk a trickster of Machiavellian proportions. It was only until my mother told them that *she* was the one who summoned the Kalman Väki to her and zealously claimed the fae folk as her husband.

It was a huge scandal. My mother, for some reason, had been fierce in her devotion to my father. She never told me how they met. Only that she would never allow any one else to touch her other than my father.

As for him? In truth, I rarely saw him. Whenever I did encounter the man, I would always think him otherworldy with his tall stature and androgynous mien. Always, he would tell me his greatest wish. That my mother die soon. After all, being a Kalman Väki, he would have more access to her as a ghost or spirit rather than as she was now. A Shamaness of great power.

They were both so very strange.

As for me, being born a girl, I was raised as a miko. Modesty aside, I was actually very good at it. However, as great as I was in reciting sutras, chanting spells, or calling for the kami, my Kalman Väki blood proved too strong. The ignis was potent in my blood. It would always clash with anything miko related.

My mother was stubborn though. She pushed and pushed until my father finally decided to step in. By then, I was nearing my 20s.

Now, here I was. Far away from home fighting for my identity. I was clearly not a miko. Clearly not haltijan.

Priests, monks, and other shamans had ostracized my very existence. The fae folk of the haltijans didn't know what to do with me. My mother was strict to a fault but she was akin to a lioness protecting her cub while my father cursed those vile people who literally threw stones at me.

It was nice I suppose but I had to get out of there. They let me leave but only after manipulating things to make them finally agree. My mother was too attached to the land to leave. My father too bewitched of my mother to even think of staying away.

He was the one who told me to come here though. Told me of adventurers and of people that would welcome me. I was wary of it but he wouldn't let me go anywhere else. He said he'd know if I didn't come here. If I disobeyed, he would send Surma himself to bring me back home.

I didn't know if I should believe him or not. Who was he, really? Even I didn't know. Maybe he really was a god come down to wed his human bride, my mother. After all, to say that he'd get Surma, guardian of the gates of Tuonela (the Underworld), to do his bidding was rather far reaching for a mere Kalman Väki.

I digress. There’s a quest afoot. After my encounter with the 3 kobolds, I then came across 2 slimes, 3 wanderings rabbits, 4 goblins, and 4 other kobolds. The goblins were rather easy to take care of since I saw them individually and not as a group. The slimes and wandering rabbits gave me no trouble. It was the 4 kobolds that irritated me. One had a sling, a good aim, as well as poison darts. It took me longer than it should have to kill the batch.

Just thinking about that encounter made me click my tongue in irritation.

Pushing that thought from my mind, I continue to walk in the darkness. It was nighttime. Normally, I would have settled down to rest about now but I was looking for a location I heard an adventurer mention in passing back at the tavern. He said, if I remembered correctly, there was an area in the plains where he stumbled upon a small field of moonlight flowers. It was West of Frontier Village, North-East of what was once the Adventurer City, and far North from the Junkyard. I’ve been roaming the area of where I thought it was but have yet to see any sight of the very identifiable gnarled boulder cradled in moss.

How a boulder in the middle of a plain could ever be surrounded by moss was beyond me. It was the only clue I had at hand. The adventurer had said that the boulder looked very isolated and lifeless if not for the moss around it. Curiosity had made him approach the thing and only after he came close to it that he discovered it was actually quite big. It was just that he was only seeing the tip of it. Upon going the opposite side of said boulder, he found a sheer drop of about 10 yards deep like some giant had cleaved the land with a blunt axe making a deep unnatural, slanted groove in front of the boulder . At the bottom was a flat flowerbed of 8’x6’ worth of moonlight flowers.

The story sounded ludicrous. Especially since the adventurer telling the story was drunk. However, the details he gave didn’t sound like a drunken tirade. The others in the tavern had been laughing at him but I thought it was worth a shot to check it out just in case.

However, it had already passed 2 hours since I arrived in this area. There was still no sighting of said boulder. I stopped, looked at the sky and saw the full moon. It was bright out tonight. I looked left, right, front and back and pro and conned what I was planning to do next.

Might as well.

Adjusting my cloak to get it out of the way, I kneeled. Next, I leaned over until my chest touched my bent knee and splayed out my fingers on the ground, shoulder-width apart. The chill of the soil greeted my fingertips. I made sure not to touch my palm to the dirt as my father had taught me. It was then that I took a deep, slow inhale.

Calling out my Kalman Väki blood like this was actually not easy. The first time I had tried calling out to that side of my heritage, I had been power drunk on ignis. I was in a daze for a good 3 days and only recalled after that drunken haze all the things I had done. None of which were any good.

Pushing that memory aside, I exhaled slowly and did another steady inhale. I did this 5 more times until I felt the ignis inside me bubble up to the surface. I didn’t call it out. Instead, I used it to attract the ignis in the land to come out. When I felt the familiar stirrings in the air, I spoke out a simple chant.

Ignis Fatuus.”

A small spark appeared a foot from my face just about eye-level. That spark grew bigger until it was 4” in diameter and oddly, colored green. It looked like a tame ball of fire. It’s tendrils waving along lazily making a quiet, high-pitched wuu wuu sound repeatedly. Sometimes, it would suddenly grow louder then peter out into a calm rhythm. In fact, it seemed like it was chattering to itself.

A will-o’-the-wisp. For others, it was said that if you followed it, it would lead you to your destiny. For me, I was taught that I could ask it for directions. No drama. No backstory. Just a simple, happy guide eager to lead you on your way.

The reason why I didn’t want to use this technique earlier was that, lighting a fire in an open plain known to host a number of beasts was akin to suicide. It was practically a homing beacon. But there was a full moon. It was so bright out tonight that I could see as far as 30 yards. So, not using this was just ridiculous.

Summons done, I stood up and as I did so, the will-o’-the-wisp tilted itself upwards as well as if it was looking at my face. I smiled. “Hello there.”

Wuu wuu wuu.

“I’m rather lost.” They liked it when you say that so I made sure to mention it first. Sure enough, it started to flicker into a brighter light and the tendrils of fire were dancing. “I’m looking for a boulder surrounded by -”

Before I could even finish, it swayed left and right as if it was swaying its hips. If it had any that is. The wuu wuu sounds it were making became more energetic. Then it turned – or looked like it did, rather hard to tell with it just being a ball of fire – towards East. It sunk into the ground and vanished. Not even two seconds later, it popped back up 4 yards away.

“Slow down!” I couldn’t help but call out as I jogged after it. Despite my plea, it continued on quite fast. It would pause once in a while as if to check how I was but then vanished again. This went on for a good 15 minutes until it finally slowed itself down. Though I wasn’t out of breath, I was thankful that I didn’t have to exert more effort than necessary. When I neared the will-o’-the-wisp,it greeted me with another wuu wuu wuu before two tendrils of fire snaked out as if they were arms and waved at me. One arm pointed excitedly at a silhouette in the dark.

I had figured there would be a boulder upon its excited jaunt across the field but what I didn’t expect was how nondescript it actually looked. From afar, it would be impossible to see. Somehow, the moss around the boulder looked like it was at the same level as the tall grass in the area and the clear line between moss and stone was horizontal to the landscape making the upper half impossible to see in the dark.

The will-o’-the-wisp made another disappearing act and reappeared beside the boulder that was about twice my height at least. Again, I followed. Finally, I reached the other side and lo and behold, there really was a sheer drop located there. Carefully approaching the edge, I peeked over and gasped at the luminescent flowers below.

Moonlight Flowers.

I had assumed I needed to go to Moonlight Lake for these but I guess being that it was written under the Great Plains quest board that it meant I could find them here as well. I guess being a newcomer to a region isn’t so bad after all. You were forced to try new things and hope for the best.

Suddenly, a green glow floated over my left side and I saw the little ball of fire hovering very close to the edge of the crag as well. Perhaps it was looking over at the flowers like I was?

“Do you think they’re pretty?” I impulsively asked.

WuuUuUuuuu

I wondered what that meant. With a small laugh, I walked around to an area where it seemed to slope carefully down towards the bottom of the sheer drop. It was easy enough to traverse and as I was attentively going about my trek, there went the will-o’-the-wisp popping up ahead in intervals. The bright fluctuations probably meant it was excited.

Not long after, I finally reached the bottom. Looking up to where I came from, I see that the walls around were unexpectedly smooth. It really did seem like something cut through the ground. The opening above was wider than the flat ground of the bottom. Almost like a conical trapezoid. How very strange. I wondered how this came about.

WuuUuUuuuu Wuu Wuuuu

Looking up ahead where the flowerbed was, I was greeted with a sight of that little ball of fire floating up and down with a decidedly eager glow. It was hovering right above some flowers near the edge of the collective clump of flora. There were no worries of this being a fire hazard. Will-o'-the-wisps, after all, were not really made of fire but are a form of spirit.

I walked closer. As I neared, the brightness of the Moonlight Flowers surprised me. How was it possible that this amount of light couldn't be seen from up there? I stopped close to where the flowerbed was and crouched down to touch a petal. Again, I felt astonished. Why did this batch seem larger than usual? I continued to study the plants before me and decided to get on with what I needed to do.

Carefully selecting the largest and healthiest Moonlight Flowers I could find, I then took out my knife and cut off about 2 inches down the stem from the flower bud. This way, it would allow the plant to grow a new batch. Taking it with the roots in tact would be too wasteful. I hope the Guild didn't mind and wasn't the wasteful type.

Soon enough, I had my 10 Moonlight Flowers and was about to tuck it away when I noticed something strange. There were thin streams of water that crisscrossed along the flowerbed like miniature rivers. There were even random pockets as big as my open palm. There was something odd about that and it took me a few seconds longer than it should have to realize what was wrong. The water was awash with light.

Flabbergasted, I looked closer to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I carefully crawled along the flowerbed to a small puddle and found it was indeed shining with light. It was Moonlight Water! I looked up towards the opening of the ridge and saw a portion of the full moon and it was gloriously shining down to this area.

Moonlight Water! No wonder it was so bright down here. Not only was it because of the Moonlight Flowers, there was a small pocket of Moonlight Water here. What was going on? Where was its origin?

Pushing that thought aside for now, I took out small glass canisters and took some Moonlight Water for my quest. Since I had extra canisters with me, I decided to take a few extra. That done, I gave a deep sigh of contentment and put the canisters back in my traveling pouch.

Turning to the will-o’-the-wisp to my side, I made a gesture towards the huge boulder visible opposite of where I was.

"I thank thee, Ignis Fatuus, for I have found my way. Let the land welcome you back to find more lost to guide."

Wuuuuu Wuu

It turned once, twice, and even a third time. It was quite pleased with itself. With a final wave from the tendrils of fire, it shrunk into a spark then vanished.

Chuckling to myself, I decided to make camp. Though the combination of very healthy Moonlight Flowers and some Moonlight Water made the area brighter than normal, it wasn't enough to make me want to leave. To squander this opportunity would be rather sad.

Settling down into a comfortable position as I leaned on one wall, I continued to watch the view before me. The wind above the plains hummed a song into the night.

Tomorrow, the quest would continue.

--- dispatched a total of 10 slimes, 7 wandering rabbits, and 7 kobolds, and 5 goblins ; successfully collected Moonlight Flowers and Moonlight Water ---
    I was double checking the to-do list in my brain as I cleaned my 3 kills of wandering rabbits. This totaled to 10 wandering rabbits which meant that this particular quest was done.

Four days out and I've managed to kill 10 slimes, 7 goblins, 11 kobolds, and 10 wandering rabbits. The Moonlight Flowers and Moonlight Water was stored away while I had yet to harvest any Healing Plants, ironically enough. The easiest one to find and yet I had nothing on hand.

That left me with 10 slimes to hunt, 3 goblins, 4 kobolds, and I needed to get me some of those Healing Plants. Remembering my previous encounters made me a little impatient to finally get all this done soon.

The slimes were easy enough to kill. My right dagger had a slot for magic gems and my fire gem, Flint of Oya, added Burn damage making the hunt for slimes quite fast. One slash of Smite or even Soul Cleaver was enough to get rid of one.

In the same manner, the wandering rabbits were quick work. Normally, hunting those little critters would have been a bit of a challenge being that they were so fleet of foot. Again, with the use of my magic gem but of the wind variety, Futen no Shōkan, hunting down the rabbits became quite fast. The wind attribute gem had the Slow status effect. A slash of Soul Cleaver and combo that with Smite and the rabbits were done.

Goblins were a little tricky. Thanks to great luck on my end, the hunt for them was bearable. Goblins, like kobolds, usually traveled in groups. For some odd reason, I would always encounter them alone. Not waiting to see if they had companions somewhere close by, I would rush in and finish them off.

I finished taking care of the 3 wandering rabbit corpses and made sure I didn't drop anything on the ground before I looked up towards the horizon. I was heading back East towards Frontier Village. Hopefully, along the way, I would encounter the remaining objectives for my quest.

---

And so I did. I was almost ambushed by a single goblin. It had been too eager to find me unawares and had attacked me quite zealously. Too bad for the poor beast that I saw him before he could get an attack in.

A double Soul Cleaver, Smite, and a through-and-through stab got me a short victory. Afterwards, I hurriedly grabbed my lightning attibute gem, Xolotl's Bark, and installed it on my right dagger. That goblin had been too confident for it to have been alone.

As if to prove my point, I heard an angry shout behind me and I turned to see five goblins rushing at me, their weapons at the ready. Too many for comfort.

Immediately, I casted Wraith Hound. The pooled ignis in my bloodstream flowed in obedience to my call. I raised my left arm, dagger in hand, palm up towards the sky. I adjusted my fingers so that my thumb and forefinger were curled towards each other underneath the grip of my dagger. It was then that pure blue tendrils of smoke seeped out from both my fingertips and joined together. It then turned into a small corporeal orb that looked like a royal blue pearl that I called an Ignis Foy.

It was at that point that something dark snaked out from underneath the soles of my feet and slithered along the ground like a very dark shadow that formed into a perfect circle just an arm-length away from where I was standing. It was a black so deep no presence of light could counter it.

All this happened in the span of a mere second and it was at this point that the Wraith Hound made its appearance.

A snout had risen from the dark shadow on the ground and a head followed. Soon after, the beast toppled out with an eerie baying sound that uncannily resembled a whimpering toddler coupled by an old man's groan. It was a sound I never liked but one I was used to.

The goblins grew cautious but didn't stop in their attack. I looked at the Wraith Hound and it looked at me. I turned my wrist and showed it the pearl pinched between my fingers. It made a pleased sound of grating laughter. The goblins were getting closer.

Without hesitation, I threw the pearl at the Wraith Hound and it swallowed the Ignis Foy in one gulp. As it did so, it turned towards my enemies, opened its mouth wide and screamed.

The reason why I said screamed was because the sound that came out from its throat was very human. Something like sharp screeching from an old, crazy woman and the shrill shriek of a child.

The goblins froze in fear and their fear turned to madness. Three goblins started scratching at their ears in sheer panic while the other 2 started going after each other. I activated Ankle Biter as I dashed towards the beasts in the midst of their hysteria. The Wraith Hound had ceased its attack at this point and returned into the void. The goblins, meanwhile, were now in the midst of full berserk.

It wasn't as if their attacks landed well on their fellow goblins. In fact, the clumsy swaying of weapons lessened the damage. However, a liitle still went a long way if the odds were against me like this. Five against one was just unfair.

With two goblins fighting each other and the other three more disoriented than harmful, I decided to go for the former pair. Raising my right dagger high overhead, I swung it down swiftly and a slash of Soul Cleaver flew towards 1 goblin. My target was not only wounded but he was also paralyzed thanks to my lightning attribute gem, Xolotl's Bark. The other kobold didn't even pause in surprise and resumed attacking its comrade.

I reached them in no time. Slashing two successive attacks of Smite on the 1 paralyzed goblin, I aimed to finish this pair quickly. As if in tandem with my goal, the other goblin cut in and dealt its accomplice a killing blow. I could hear the other three goblins fighting each other now but I kept my focus on this one.

It launched at me with a wild scream. Side-stepping to dodge, I used my left dagger and struck with Smite on the goblin. Curse effect was instantaneous. Slow movements, accuracy poor, and weakened attack. I then activated another Ankle Biter into the fray as the previous one had just ended. Taking a deep breath, I dashed at the goblin.

The axe in its hand swung low towards my abdomen and I had to stop my lunge prematurely. Cursing, I did my best to parry its very uncoordinated attack. My eagerness to end this was making me careless.

Focus.

Thankfully, my footing was still stable and it allowed for me to land two consecutive strikes of Smite at the goblin. It might have been reflective of my highly ruffled mood but I was immensely pleased when both hits were critical. That plus the previous attacks finally killed it.

At this point, the effect of the Wraith Hound was gone. But at least I was down to 3 goblins now. They snapped into attention, looked at each other and looked at me. The mad glint in their eyes were gone and was replaced by anger.

Before they could fully regain their composure and decide to come after me, I casted Hungry Spirit. Taking a deep breath, I manipulated my reservois of ignis and as I exhaled, it too came out in the form of ribbons of royal blue smoke encircling around me. At the same time, white mist permeated in my near vicinity. Raising my right dagger, I pointed towards the remaining goblins.

The ribbons of ignis separated into three strands and wrapped around their thoats. It was then that the mist advanced towards them and slowly, it melted into ghostlike silhouettes that hovered around the goblins. They were about 3 feet in height and floated around until, without warning, they rushed towards the goblins' throats and greedily fed on my strands of ignis. Once that was done did they finally feed on the life of my enemies.

The goblins were so unprepared for this that the reality of actual spirits eating away at them didn't really register into their minds. I could clearly tell that though there were no actual injuries from the spirits, they were gradually weakening.

Again, I casted another Ankle Biter for good measure. That done, I slashed down with two of my daggers my Soul Cleaver move and cringed when the right one missed. I clearly needed more practice.

I made quick work of the three goblins. Even with the added curse effect and paralysis of my daggers, it took me longer than I liked to get rid of these creatures. I was nicked a couple of times but nothing that warranted the use of a healing potion. Killing the last three was a case of serious concentration.

I felt haggard at this point. I may have won this skirmish but I wasn't used to these many enemies at once. I looked at the five dead goblins around me and sighed in frustration. This was two more bodies than what was asked for in my quest list.

Clicking my tongue in annoyance at the extra effort I had to put in, I then gathered what I needed and went on to continue for my next hunt.

---

I encountered some kobolds along the way and finally managed to complete the body count for that as well. Also came across numerous wandering rabbits, which I ignored at this point, and was now in the process of clearing out some slimes.

I was a little North-West from Frontier Village and just by the river where I saw some Healing Plants by the bank. Incidentally, this place had numerous slimes crawling about. They were easy targets for me, with my fire gem installed in my dagger and Soul Cleaver slashing at them, I quickly got the 10 kills of slime that I needed for my quest. It felt like a cheat but I wasn't going to complain.

I proceeded towards the part of the river where I saw the healing plants. It's a small clump but I took them anyway. About two pieces right here.

Glancing backwards, I saw some slimes leaving a trail on the grass as they ambled along. I ignored them. I was also very careful not to instigate them.

It took me another 15 minutes of walking around until I found a bigger collection of Healing Plants. As I plucked and gathered them, I counted a good batch of 4. This quiet gathering of greenery was really a nice reprieve from all the taxing quest of hunting.

So, I continued the search. After a good 40 plus minutes of foraging, I was finally finished! Very carefully, I made sure the Healing Plants were safe and secure within my traveling pouch. I was in a kneeling position akin to a seiza posture. Clapping my hands together as if in prayer, I then bent my body in a bow.

"Thank you," I said out loud. I wasn't addressing anybody in particular. Just had to speak out my gratitude that I was finally done.

Standing up from my kneeling position, I did a victory pose and shouted a scream of victory. How tiring! I couldn't wait to go back and report this quest!

Note to self: "Do not bite off more than you can chew on your next quest."

With that final thought, I walked on and headed back to human settlement.

Note: Found pocket of Moonlight Flower and Moonlight Water in Great Plain. Sources are mysterious. Possible underground pocket? Took two extras of Moonlight Water for myself. I hope that's fine.

@brasca123

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    ====================================================
    Welcome back Levana-chan! You seem to be doing well!

Seems like some rumors are worth believing after all, aren't they? It's a bit of a mysterious place that you found over there for sure... How curious...

Oh, and the guild isn't one to waste at all, rather, we're quite happy that you care about the environment! We care for it too! Keep up the good job!

Your reward will be of 380G, a Rejuvenation Potion and a Bottle of Purified Moonlight Water!

Take care now, you did a wonderful job! Good luck on your future quests! \(^^)/

11. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you! Will pick my next quests later on. It was a pleasure doing business with you."

:)

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. nguuuquaaa

nguuuquaaa 『Grade SSS Hentai Genius Supervert』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay Lesser Kraken [ 300 G ]

=== Izuna's PoV ===

- Master. (Izuna)
    - What is it my dear? (Takako)
    - What are you doing? (Izuna)
    - I'm undressing, of course. (Takako)
    - And how would that help us defeat the Lesser Kraken? (Izuna)
    - You see, the Kraken lives undersea, so we can't exactly fight it, right? That's why I volunteer to be a bait to lead it float up the surface. (Takako)
    - Waah, what a perfect reason. *monotone* (Izuna)
    - Isn't it? *puff up chest* (Takako)
    - Can't you just throw a sword down there or something? I'm pretty sure that can split the sea by half. (Izuna)
    - Err... r-right, it's for your training too. (Takako)
    - Waah, what a perfect reason. *monotone* (Izuna)
    - .....I-Isn't it? (Takako)

I wonder why this Master of mine only becomes smart when it involves her delusion. I mean, she doesn't even notice the aura that spits out every thought of her. Everyone ignores it since it's not dangerous and treats it as a way to hold her collar, so I decide to do the same. And it again proves to be useful just now.

I move closer and pinch her cheeks.

- Uwat uwa yew wuing Izuwa? (Takako)
    - I wonder why your cheeks are so soft but I can't even inflict a scratch. (Izuna)
    - Fwop, Iwai kwant spwik. (Takako)
    - Anyway, don't do anything stupid. (Izuna)

I release Master and urge her to do her job properly. In the mean time, I take out the new pair of gauntlets, the Thunder Sculptor Gauntlet, and practice shadow-boxing to get used to it before its first battle debut. After a while, I receive the signal to jump down from Master, so I drop myself down from the campship.

I land on an ice field. Yes, a platform made from ice, instead of sea water. And the Lesser Kraken is trapped in the middle. ARKS technology is quite convenient it seems. This, and the long-range communiation.

- I've immobilized it. Your turn's next. (Takako)

The ice surface is a little slippery, so I apply a mini version of Magnetic Field on my feet, then run towards the Lesser Kraken.

Even though Master said that it's immobilized, it still has many free tentacles, ready to brutally flatten the attacker from every direction. And they are huge too. The main body alone is as tall as a 10-story building, and each tentacle can stretch even longer than that.

As I run directly at the Kraken, one of its tentacles tries to slam down on me while two others utilize a pincer attack, so I step to the left and punch the incoming tentacle. I immediately regret my action as it's too soft and slimy to receive the power of the punch. My body is blown away.

- Are you okay? (Takako)

Of course I'm not okay. It hurts and disgusting mucus gets on my clothes. If you have the time to ask, then help me already. At my level, this thing seems quite difficult to beat.

As I stand up and check the surrounding, I find a naked Master "captured" by the Kraken. Hah, I say it to her over and over but this is the real world and not your filthy h*ntai with its flawed logic. Still, she seems somewhat happy even though the Kraken is processing to swallow her. I don't get it. No matter how much I observe her, I can't understand her hobby at all. Oh well, she will be fine anyway, so let's try beating this monster by myself.

If pure physical attack isn't very effective, I just need to use magical attack. Or more like, hybrid physical-magical when in human form.

- Lightning Bolt. (Izuna)

When in human form, I can't use any advanced skill. On the other hand, my physical power is much more stronger, while my basic skills become different. This skill Lightning Bolt for example, instead of a long-ranged attack by striking the enemy with a bolt of lightning from my body, instead, if I hit an enemy while charging the skill, it will receive an additional lightning strike at point-blank range.

A bright light and a loud sound emit from the impact, and a moment later, a half part of tentacle that attacks me become charred black and fall off the main body. Wha, I never expect the gauntlet to be this strong. If it's like this then I can definitely defeat the Kraken.

After taking down three more of its tentacles in the same manner, I run straight to the main body while avoiding attacks. Seemingy reaching the end of its wit, the Kraken switch target from me to the surrounding ice. I won't let you do that!

- Lightning Rush! (Izuna)

This skill is the only basic skill that's no different whether I am in human or original form. Cladding myself in a thin layer of lightning, and a thick one at the fist, I charge at the Kraken. With the increased speed, the Kraken cannot put up defense anymore and eats the full blow. But I regret my action again. Due to my attack, cracks appear and spread quickly on the ice platform. The Kraken regain some of its trapped tentacles and use them to further destroy the bind. This is bad!

The ice platform is completely broken into smaller pieces while the Kraken submerges. I find myself a stable platform to stand on and look at the situation again. At one point, the Kraken vomits out Master and she is currently sitting on one nearby platform. I call out to her.

- Master. (Izuna)
    - Can you lure it up again? (Izuna)
    - Hmm, I had my fun already so I guess we can wrap this up and go home. (Takako)

While we are talking, the Kraken keeps sending us attacks from underwater. I jump from place to place to avoid while Master ignores the destruction of her standing and just sits on the sea surface. She is as absurd as ever. Still, luck is on my side today, this Master of mine has finally gotten serious. She summons one of her katana and closes her eyes to focus the energy, as her body is glowing stronger with a blue light. Then she opens her eyes and draws out the katana for a quick attack unseeable even with my enhanced state. The sea splits in half, exposes the hidden Kraken.

- Do it Izuna. (Takako)

So it's still me in the end.

- Combo Attack: Lightning Rush + Lightning Bolt! (Izuna)

Combine the acceleration of Lightning Rush with the power of Lightning Bolt, I plunge myself through the body of the Kraken. With a big hole in the middle of its body and an electric shock ran through every part, the Kraken dies immediately.

- Master. (Izuna)
    - I'mdrowningblawkafhawakgfea..... (Izuna)

Jumping down the splitted sea is bad, noted.

I'm back, boss @shad12ow ! The corpse of the Lesser Kraken is currently on the shore of Delta Town, since I don't know exactly what to do with it.

13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay Lesser Kraken [ 300 G ]
    =================================================
    "....Okay........so you defeated the lesser kraken and.....the method is.......as usual, questionable. I guess....that works? Hmm? Ah, whatever. here is your 300 G. Take care now. We'll take care of the corpse there. We, as in, the local butcher and fish monger."

BlancFrost, AliceShiki and nguuuquaaa like this.
  14. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Crooked Mountain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 10 Lightning wisps [ 200 G ]
    Crooked Mountain - #GB2 - B-Ranked - Gather lightning essence from Crooked Mountain Castle [ 240 G | 1 x Lightning wisp in a bottle ]
    Ash Plains - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 3 Feral Werebeasts [ 180 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Spirits [ 270 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB3 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Fire Giants [ 300 G ]

A couple weeks had gone by since I left the guild and life was relatively peaceful. I was in the middle of looking up at the sky whilst laying down but well, duty calls. To this point, I had completely mastered the first two tiers but the third tier annoyed me quite a bit. I could understand exactly how to control both forces but purely understanding them wasn’t something I enjoyed doing.

I sighed and stood up from my position, I need to go turn in these quests soon. OH! I forgot about it but something that I learned from reading over the manual was that I didn’t need to master the fourth tier before moving on which was great. That would take way too long with my current processing power. I had learned that while comprehension played a role, it was unusually small for this.

Otherwise, I would be on my way to passing the fourth tier. For now though, I’m stuck. Walking through the forest I suddenly realised something, bending my neck slightly I breathed in my scent. It was faintly… earthy? Natural? I didn’t quite know how to put it, but I wouldn’t have to deal with it since it was fine. I personally didn’t have any body odor for whatever reason, but that didn’t mean the world couldn’t affect how I smelled.

Continuing my walk, my eyes lit up when I saw Arie. Of course, it happened unintentionally, I wasn’t even aware of it at the time. The small shine in my eyes escalated when she turned towards me and smiled. The feeling I had when I looked towards her was brushed off by me as friendship, but emotions were stupidly complicated. (AN: At least it took more than a couple days this time)

“Hey Taz.” I immediately snorted at her use of that nickname. I wasn’t annoyed by it but it was definitely new to me. “Hey Ree, I’ll be leaving for a couple days. Be back soon probably.” A nickname must be used when referred to with a nickname. Even if the opposite part only has 4 letters in their name. A look of worry swept over her features and I continued, “I’ve got to turn in these quests then I'll be back here……. to cultivate.”

She wrinkled her nose slightly and replied, “Alright, have fun Taz.” Taking her response in with a slight smirk, she waved her hands and a rift in space appeared in front of me. I gave her one last cursory glance before stepping into the portal. Feeling the familiar spatial distortion, I closed my eyes to bask myself in the sensation. I hadn’t felt it in quite a while but I’m sure I would feel it multiple times in the future as well.

Opening my eyes, I looked to the surroundings in curiosity. I was teleported directly to the Crooked Mountain Castle. I scratched my head slightly and unsheathed my sword before swinging it behind me with full force. As I saw the target, my eyes widened as I immediately made the swing come to a halt. Staring me directly into the eyes was Arie. Confusion overtook my senses before I figured out that she followed me thru the portal.

“Don’t stand there and stare into space Taz. Go take care of the wisps and I’ll get the essence.” It would help me get done faster, and I could go back to…. cultivating quickly. With these thoughts, my apprehension was crushed and I nodded in affirmation. In response to my confirmation, a warm smile enlightened her face as she skipped off with the usual enthusiasm. Holding the sword to my side, I used my minute mastery over the elements to sense if there were any wisps nearby.

How lucky must I have been to sense that there were 10 wisps in a single group conveniently within my vicinity. Making my way towards the group, an almost unnoticeable light came into my eyes. I paid no heed to the strange feeling in my gut and continued walking on. It wasn’t a foreboding feeling though, more eager. I suppose it had to do with me not being in action for quite some time. This made complete sense to me as I haven’t always been known as a pacifist.

Shaking me from my wandering thoughts, the wisps that I had sensed came into vision. However, at the time I noticed them, they noticed me. At first, I sensed surprise within them and the immediate instinct to run away, but maybe it was because I sensed like a human, they charged at me. I wasn’t one to stand on ceremony and immediately got into a stance that accommodated wide slashes. Of course, fighting such small opponents, a wide slash was fairly easy for them to avoid but that’s not what I was trying to do in the first place.

Noticing change in the air around them, I tensed the muscles in my wrist and started to pivot on my foot. In the next moment, electricity was sent my way but I was prepared. Time seemed to slow in my eyes, but unlike before, my body slowed with it. Though, this was helpful enough since I could see the target of each lightning bolt. A single one of them might’ve been enough to give me some fairly noticeable burns.

Time sped up once more and with a few shakes of my wrist, each lightning bolt had been delivered into my sword. Normally, I’d be shocked silly but I was wearing rubber gloves at the moment. Of course, not wanting to take chances, I tweaked the electricity just a bit and sent it spiraling in the direction of the wisps. One thing to note about wisps, their electricity was a bit different from naturally formed lightning which allowed them to be near immune to it, but altering a few things in the electricity allowed for it to be minorly harmful to them as well.

Facing the redirected lightning with complete confidence, the wisps completely ignored it and started charging another blast. The electricity then hit them and they were immediately stunned them into a paralysis like state. Dropping from the sky, my next attack was unleashed. The sword in my hands glowed bright red and I swung it once more in their direction with an inhuman speed. A line of fire spread out from my sword in an all encompassing rage.

The fire was gleamingly white and searingly hot, even to me, the controller. I savored the fear inside their eyes as the fire reached them and a cold light entered my eyes as they dropped from the sky as a burnt crisp. Looking to my sword, I noticed that it actually started melting in my hands. It didn’t completely liquefy or anything but it was obviously distorted from the heat. Throwing it off to the side, I took out another one of the kobold’s swords. Of course, this was much worse than the last one.

“Tazzy~” Hearing the nickname and voice call out to me from behind, the cold glint in my eyes disappeared as I turned around to greet Arie. “Ree, on to the next target I suppose?” With a nod of her head, she pulled out a couple bottles filled with the lightning essence. I wondered if we needed so many but didn’t really care in the first place. I nodded, and with a wave of her hands, Arie created a portal that no doubt led to the Ash Plains.

Taking a step inside, I was immediately greeted to the stale air of the ash plains. “What do you want me to deal with here?” On hearing the question, I was going to accept her offer but well, I haven’t fought in a long time. “Just tag alongside me and we’ll finish them together.” I looked at her to see her crinkle her nose slightly but she didn’t look to opposed to the idea. She must’ve wanted to go back to her dimension/home quickly.

Without another word, she started skipping in another direction. Not one to question her sense of direction, I followed behind dutifully. After traveling for a couple minutes, we came upon a pack of feral werebeasts. Some internal affairs were going on as it seemed like a smaller beast was attempting to usurp the pack leader position. Deciding to watch it from the sidelines, a laid down in a disorderly fashion and watched on. Joining me where I lay, Arie materialised a lunchbox from thin air.

“Ooh!” I made a sound of excitement and immediately reached for what was inside but what greeted me was a slap to the hand. Looking at Arie while rubbing my hand, there was no trace of doubt in my mind that I had the look that said I was the one wronged. Seeing my expression, she quickly looked away and covered her mouth but I could still see that her shoulders were trembling from laughter.

With a flash of insight, and no small amount of sneakiness on my part, I slowly moved my hand towards her body. Inch after inch as she was giggling under her breath. At the moment of contact, I immediately moved more aggressively. Bursts of red-faced laughter erupted from Arie’s mouth as I tickled her ferociously. “AH! AH! St… AHAHA STOP! HEHEHE!” Completely unperturbed from her apparent rejection, I continued on in my assaults.

However, it seems the were beasts weren’t very receptive to our fun and they stopped their fight to immediately start charging at us with the pack in tow. A frown reached my face as I took out the sword I had started using. Channeling my energy into it, the sword started cracking and breaking apart but I paid no heed to it. If anything, it would help along the killing power in the first place. With a single swipe of my sword, an unseen force blasted outwards from my sword and my clothes fluttered from the wind. Along with that force, were shards of the blade that had come off the sword due to an overload of power.

Sensing danger, the pack leader and the one it was fighting immediately jumped into the sky. Unfortunately for them and the rest of the pack, and suction force emanated from the wind I had sent out and it sucked them right back down. It took less than a second for it to slice through the pack member’s bodies one by one. For the pack leader and the contestant though, because of their initial jump, they only had their legs cut off as they released a howl of pain.

They were quickly silenced when shards of metal came at them soon after and pierced into their bodies, killing them. I watched as the wind blade go further and further until it crashed into a rock, creating a deep crevice inside it. Seeing the power of the attack, my frown deepened, the quality of the blade really does affect the result of the attack. Such attacking power wasn’t something I really coveted. Maybe when I got a better weapon, but for now, the attack wasn’t quite up to par.

Turning my attention back to Arie, I noticed she was trying to recover from my onslaught but was unsuccessful. Seeing that she was still out of commision, I tuned myself in with the natural world and scouted the surroundings. Unlike before, I tried to sense my prey through their heat signatures. Obviously, the rest of the targets would have either icy or hot heat signatures so I suspect it would be quite easy for me to differentiate between them.

Expanding my senses to their utmost limit, it had expanded to an area of about 1 kilometer around me. Unfortunately, I couldn’t quite find any overly cold or hot signatures. I resigned myself to fate and looked back towards Arie who had now recovered and was pouting in my direction. I looked at her with an innocent look on my face, “Yes?”
    my character is getting farther and farther away from his original personality...... and then he shall be crushed and rebuilt from the ground up..... sounds nice
    @shad12ow

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Balthazzar
    OOC: Nice story~! As usual~! And I see that there will be more part in the future, eh? I'll wait for it before grading it. But thumbs up for the good story~!

Balthazzar likes this.
  16. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Crooked Mountain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 10 Lightning wisps [ 200 G ]
    Crooked Mountain - #GB2 - B-Ranked - Gather lightning essence from Crooked Mountain Castle [ 240 G | 1 x Lightning wisp in a bottle ]
    Ash Plains - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 3 Feral Werebeasts [ 180 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Spirits [ 270 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB3 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Fire Giants [ 300 G ]

Looking down from the overhanging ledge, I could spot the small group of frost giants traveling together. Not too far behind them were a couple frost spirits following along. I glanced towards Arie and signaled for her to stay put. Having been through her memories, I had no doubt she could deal with this quite easily. In fact, she could probably deal with me fairly easily as well.

She gave me a curt sign of affirmation and I composed myself. Taking out a few shards of metal that had broken off my sword, I needed no concentration as I channeled a few different elemental affinities into them. Unfortunately, they started to break apart when I put more than one so I had to settle for a single affinity. Though, the metal wouldn’t last long with that either. Holding the now black piece of metal in my hand, I got into position and threw it in the middle of the giants and the spirits.

The piece of metal seemed to turn invisible the moment it left my hand but it was not due to speed. If it was, I would’ve thrown it to kill after all. Infusing my body with wind, I made a single leap and watched as the almost transparent blade struck the ground with a loud boom. Clouds of dark shadows erupted from the place of impact and covered the entire area. I could’ve been much less flashy but well, why not?

I landed a split second later and dashed towards the group of spirits. Activating the dark affinity within my eyes, I was able to see my surroundings. The wind I had infused within me had now been changed to electricity and my speed instantly increased. Grey flames sprouted off my hands as I closed in on the pack of spirits, silently, quickly. With another acceleration burst, I had launched myself into one of the spirits that were now blind.

Turning my hand into something akin to a claw, a slashed towards its head and the grey flames turned white in an instant, engulfing the spirit. Without any chance to call for distress, the spirit was dead. Pivoting on my foot, I repeated my actions to the others in the group. There wasn’t really a need to do anything else in the first place and a large burst of heat would attract the giants attention, which is why I kept it to a small amount. Standing amidst the ashes and water of the now dead spirits, I took away all my affinities and backed away from the cloud of smoke.

I put my hand to my mouth and spit. Without knowing it, a coppery taste assaulted my tongue after I saw the blood coming out of my mouth. It wasn’t a lot but I frowned. Using my body as a catalyst in my current stage could result in permanent damage. The one bad thing about this technique was that I couldn’t summon anything from thin air, I needed a catalyst. The swords I had were too weak and while my body was better, long term damage wasn’t something I was looking forward too.

I sighed and was about to take another sword out of my item box, but then I stopped and reached for something else. When my hand came out, I was not holding a sword, I was holding a claw. More specifically, a dragon claw. It was somewhat chipped but it should serve my current purpose. One thing I had noticed about the cultivation technique, the first four elements would be used a lot more than their so called, ‘upgraded version’ with inferior quality items.

They were just much more applicable but not in this case. This was a dragon claw, a fairly high-class item since it came from a B-Rank Dragon and not an E-Rank Kobold. Of course, i doubted if I could infuse to much strength into it but I wouldn’t know unless I tried right? Using the metal affinity, I strengthened the claw to its utmost limit. Well, to the most possible without it turning into dust. You could strangely do that with an element that could be used to strengthen the item.

Next, I added just a hint of the fire element to it. If it was anything else, the claw would have crumbled by now but dragon claws were quite compatible with fire energies. Holding it in my hands, I dashed towards the 4 giants that had just escaped from the smoke. It was something I developed when looking into the darkness element. It not only obscured their vision, but it also obscured their senses. Finding their way out was most likely due to luck. A sudden thought struck me and I injected more and more fire energy into the claw.

By now, it couldn’t handle a higher element and a lower element mixed together so signs of it breaking were already starting to appear. Throwing it into the sky, I backed away by a couple meters and covered my ears. I signaled the far away Arie to do the same and then I turned around. I didn’t want to go blind after all. When the fire energy in the claw ran rampant, the metal restrained inside the claw which only caused the fire element to become more and more unrestrained.

Once the claw itself turned into dust, the metal affinity went with it but the fire was unleashed. Judging from the brightness, it probably looked like a mini sun had just exploded in mid-air. Hiding behind a rock, I waited for the light to subside before I peeked over the edge. The resulting scene made a smile come to my face. The four giants were nowhere to be seen, no doubt being reduced to less than a pile of ash. That however was not the main reason I had decided to do that.

Such a large blast of constrained heat would attract fire giants that were miles away. If I strained my senses, I could feel that there were at least 20 coming in my direction. All I had to do was wait for them to arrive. In the meantime I could….. uuuh…. TIME SKIP!

Later

The fire giants had approached quite quickly but it was to be expected. Though it took less time for the read-……… nevermind. Taking out another dragon claw, I filled it up with the higher element ice and the lower element wind. I made a makeshift rope with the items I had in my box and then proceeded to tie it around the claw. I hadn’t used a chain scythe in a while and now seemed like a good time in the first place. Unfortunately, this wouldn’t be quite as powerful as the last one since the higher element ice had conflicting natures with the dragon claw.

I needed a weapon that had natural affinities with everything, or had no problems with anything. I’d prefer the former but even the latter was something hard to find so I didn’t really mind what I got stuck with. If I couldn’t get either, then I would just go in search of something that could morph into all kinds of weapons. As long as the material was resistant enough, nothing should be wrong. Rotating my arm, the claw and rope started spinning in rapid succession.

Using a chain scythe wasn’t hard, but you needed to be precise with your movements. Most humans were hardpressed for such precision. The makeshift weapon accelerated faster and faster until there was just a constant buzz in the air. Dashing out from my hiding place, I ran to the nearest coalition and swung the weapon at them. I angled it so it would hit all 4 of them but the hits themselves weren’t going to be lethal.

In fact, the purpose of having the claw hit them wasn’t really to kill them in the first place. It neared the 4 giants and that once concealed glint entered my eyes again. Before it even hit the first one, ice started to spread out on the giant causing it to cry in pain. The claw merely nicked it before the giant’s blood become ice and it felt to the floor. The next ones couldn’t hide the surprise or fear in their eyes as the claw centered in on its targets.

Three small bursts of blood that were quickly frozen sprouted out from the giant’s arms before they fell over, their soul having departed from their body. Seeing what happened to their comrades, the other giants took a step away out of hesitation and a single glare from me sent them running. I would’ve reeled in my weapon but well, it broke apart so there wasn’t anything to reel in. As soon as they dispersed, I looked back towards Arie to see that she had disappeared.

“Tazzy~? To the guild right?” Hearing her voice behind me, I nearly jumped but I constrained myself and turned around before nodding. In the next couple of seconds, we were in the guild and I was turning in my report. A few of the guild member’s gazes landed on Arie in curiosity but I ignored them and went to the desk where Shadow usually was. His gaze was also curious but I could sense it was for a different reason.

It wasn’t hard to figure out since I hadn’t exactly told him about the affair with Kaylie, or Halouster now, and heaven. Of course, I didn’t want to bring it up and disregarded him as I turned in the report.

@shad12ow

guess u didnt have to wait a month eh?

shad12ow and AliceShiki like this.
  17. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    North Mountain - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay: 1 Fire Bird [ 300 G ]

While moving towards the North Mountains with my army, I noticed in the distance a Firebird. Could that be a scout? What is it doing all the way here in the Great Plains? Oh? Did it just abruptly turned around? Damn! It must have seen me and my army! I cannot let this small fry ruin our plans to lay siege to the Firebird Fortress. I urged Blackie forward and we swiftly appeared beside the Firebird. Before the Firebird could react, I drew my skinning knife out and, with a vertical slash, beheaded the Firebird. The Firebird plummeted to the ground, dyeing the earth red with its blood. Without bothering with the corpse, I urged Blackie onward. Meanwhile, as my army walked past the Firebird, Agaricus approached it and enveloped the corpse with his body, consuming the corpse. After a while, I realized I could use this as proof of completing the B-ranked quest instead of waiting until after the siege to submit the completion. Thus, I sent one of my faster subordinates to travel back to the guild to report of this matter.

@brasca123

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    North Mountain - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay: 1 Fire Bird [ 300 G ]
    =================================================
    Oh, from Khaos-kun? Let me see... Okay, 300G it is, take care then!

(( Remember to put it in a spoiler, I know it's a small one, but it makes it easier to scroll through the page if it's on spoiler. ))

19. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #GD2 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Nectar [ 120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey ]
    Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]

After getting my quest granted, I went to the great plains to go for my quest! I'm now an adventurer, it's so fun!

It's really tough acting like that though, it would be sooooooooo easier if I just went normally with things, being this stoic all the time is hard! I want to play around more!!!

Pretending to be Hina isn't really nice... I wanted to always keep her only for me and me only! No way I'll let anyone make her into a monster or anything like it!

At least the people on the tavern were really nice! I wanted to play a lot more with them! I bet they would love to play more! But that isn't really how Hina should act, so I need to restrain myself...

I wish they could have praised her a bit more though, what's up with praising me? It was so embarrassing! I'm not cute at all! Hina is tons of times cuter than me!

In the end I had to treat the compliments aimed at me as if they were aimed at Hina, because I didn't really know how to react to all that... Haa... At least I didn't get anyone angered by all that, I was quite afraid as to how they would see me if I acted like that!

Slaps her own cheeks Focus focus! You are on a quest! You're supposed to be paying attention to it, not being absent minded while pondering about what happened on the tavern!

Which quest should I do first... Hina takes the paper with the quests from the item box and puts it closer to Rika Finding healing plants should be easy, those things sprout almost everywhere after all, nectar and flower seeds shouldn't be that hard to find either... Let's start with those, I can go after the moonlight flowers and water at night, and the slaying quests after that!

Hina stores the paper back into the item box and starts moving again, at times she crouched down and picked a healing plant from the ground, things continued like this for a few minutes without much change.

Wait, what is that? Goblins? And they're coming this way... Perhaps I should've heard Blanc's advice and taken quests on Delta Town instead of in here, doesn't help that there aren't many places to hide in the middle of a plains, so they've seen me for sure already.

Gotta do my best! Let's go Hina!

There were 12 goblins on the group, more than enough to complete the quest, they were approaching quickly, while me and Hina moved to a small hill on it and waited, didn't take long for them to get close enough, so Hina started moving the dolls on her waist.

The dolls were composed of 3 different groups, one with 3 dolls weilding spear and shield, another of 3 dolls with two swords in their hands, and the last one with 2 archer dolls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dolls flew surrounding Hina, the 2 archers started to shoot a few arrows towards the goblins that were climbing the small hill they were in Since they were too small, the damage they could cause was little, however, they were still able to hit the eyes or pierce the small parts of the goblins armors due to the arrows being imbued with my mana.

After 8 arrows were shot, 2 goblins had fallen due to shots in the eyes, the 10 remaining ones got close enough to make just arrow bombardment not enough, so the other 2 groups of dolls started to move.

The group of dolls with spear and shield flew towards the goblins, which reacted by trying to cut them with their rusty swords, the dolls used the shield to block the strike, which staggered the goblins that weren't expecting they to resist.

As soon as the attacks were blocked, the group of dual-weilding dolls arrived from the sides and cut the head of the 3 staggered goblins off, dispersing again as soon as they were defeated.

The last 7 goblins approached while protecting their eyes with their hands to avoid the arrows that were falling on them, and slowly started to gain ground, the shield and spear dolls kept on trying to block their advance while stabbing their hands or other vulnerable parts when they slacked off, while the dual-weilding ones kept on flying rapidly through the field attacking from the goblins from the sidelines in quick succession on the moments they are busy fighting the spear and shield ones.

This was the basic strategy I used to deal with enemies, kill a few with arrows that they won't expect to harm, then stagger them with dolls that they don't expect to resist their attack, and kill with fast moving and deadly ones, this works most of the time quite well, only problem is that they learn quite quickly the how to deal with it, which makes it not very effective against large numbers, like I am fighting now.

The dolls were able to kill another 3 goblins before they finally got close enough to go after Hina, at this point the last 4 ones simply rushed forward with all their might, the small dolls couldn't really stop a full throttle run, so they moved aside.

Time for emergency measures!

A loud dragon's roar was heard from behind the goblins, which instantly turned around, only to see nothing in front of them.

The goblin closest to Hina suddenly found himself with a spear, held by Hina, piercing his stomach, which instantly made him fall on the ground, the other 3 recovered and turned back towards Hina and tried to run towards her, only to be beheaded by the quick dual-wielding dolls that approached on the time they were confused by the roar.

As soon as the goblins were all on the ground, the sword dolls quickly finished the one that had been pierced by Hina, as he had no hole on his stomach, for the spear that went through him was an illusion, but the sight was enough to make him faint.

Yosh! Goblins done!

This was quite tiring... Making a dragon's roar and a spear as a illusion wasn't the easiest of tasks, nor was controlling all dolls together while moving together as a team... We'd better get some rest before moving.

The small dolls all landed on the ground and stopped in place, Hina then proceeded to check their conditions one by one.

This one has been quite damaged by the attacks... This shield is completely broken... Those are already out of arrows... Seems like I need to do a proper maintenance on them all.

Hina took out her sewing kit and the doll making kit out of the item box and started tweaking on the dolls, repairing the damaged parts, making new arrows, fixing their dresses, after about 3 hours the dolls were back in shape, Hina stored her kits and the dolls went back to hanging around her waist.

Took quite a while this time, I wonder if I can make some better things for them? Now that I have this item box, I don't really need to worry about how many things Hina can carry, so I can make some more things for them, maybe even a weapon for Hina... But I don't want to put her in danger, so I guess it's better not... Or maybe a bow? No, it would make her more of a target and... Oh wait, Hina can't wield a weapon, it would stop her from being able to control the dolls properly!

Maybe I could make a new doll for her then? I think she would like to have a friend of her size, it would also help in allowing her to control more smaller dolls if there was another bigger one... Yosh, I'll do that I'll make a cute doll friend for Hina! I'm sure she'll like it!

"For now, we should go back to questing though, let me see what we already got... 7 healing plants and 12 goblins killed? I still need to get quite a lot of things don't I? Better start now then!"

Hina walked through the fields while looking for more materials, before long she had gotten the last 3 healing plants required for the quest, and then proceeded to search for flowers on the surroundings, the search went on for about 40 minutes before she finally found a flower field in the midst of the endless green of the plains.

"So pretty! We can get the nectar and the seeds here! Let's go Hina!"

The doll got near the flowers and started picking up a few seeds and the nectar from them, there were some bees around, but they didn't try to do anything against Hina since she was made of wood, before long, the 5 flower seeds and the 10 nectar were gathered, as well as a bit extra in case Rika decided to use it later.

As they were about to leave the field, a few fairies came from the midst of the flowers and approached them both, Hina turned towards them as well.

"Hey look, another fairy!"
    "I wonder where did she come from!?"
    "Hey hey, what is your name?"
    "The name is Hina, a pleasure to make your acquaintance"
    "Not you, the fairy!"
    "Yes, the fairy!"
    "That is Rika, it's the first doll I have made."
    "A doll?"
    "Not a fairy? A doll?"
    "Correct, is there something you need of me?"
    "You look weird!"
    "Yes, you don't look like a person!"
    "Yep yep! Like a doll!"
    "That is because I am a doll, is there anything else?"
    "A doll that makes dolls?"
    "That is really weird!"
    "Really really weird! Shouldn't dolls be controlled by someone?"
    "My will is my own, and my doings are also my own.

Are you going to say something meaningful? Or am I allowed to take my leave, I would appreciate if not much of my time was wasted, for I still have other things that I am required to do."
    "Scary!"
    "Really scary!"
    "Too scary! Go away!"
    "Yes! Go away!!"
    "Then, I'll be leaving."

Hina turned around and left, a few shouts were heard by the other fairies, but before long, they went back to do their business.

After getting some distance, Rika sighed in relief. That was scary, I didn't expect to find to find fairies all the way here.

Though that is to be expected, a place full of nectar like that one is easy to gather fairies, I wanted to eat some to get mana for myself, but it seems I lost my chance, guess I'll have to make do without replenishing for now, I'd rather save the extras I got for an emergency.

A shame other foods aren't so concentrated on it like the nectar is, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Flowers, nectar, goblins and healing plants done. I guess the next should be the moonlight flowers and water? Shouldn't be long before night falls, so I should be able to get some in a nearby lake.

Hina searched the surroundings to see if any lake was visible nearby, as none was found, she climbed a few small hills and looked again in the search of it, after 20 minutes of search, a small lake was found and she went towards it.

Once she arrived, she sat down on the part near the lake and waited for another half an hour until the sun finally set, when it did, and the moon rose, a few shining points surrounding the lake could be seen.

Yay! Moonlight flowers, right on the first lake I found! Good thing I didn't have to search for other lakes in the middle of the night, would be quite troublesome to do that!

I should also make use of this to replenish my mana a bit.

Rika flew towards the nearest moonlight flower and started eating its nectar, after eating around half the nectar one flower had, in about 15 minutes, she stopped eating and went back to Hina's side.

Good thing the moonlight flowers have plenty of mana, I don't have to eat much to replenish the mana I lost earlier today! A shame I'm a slow eater, if I was faster, I could try using it in battle... It can't be helped though, better get on collecting it!

Hina started moving around the lake and picked the flowers that seemed to be a bit past their prime, the process was made carefully and without hurry, once 14 flowers were picked, she went towards the lake and filled five vials with the water in it.

And... Done! Picking flowers is always tough, why don't flowers pollinate year-round? If they did, I could just pick about any! Having to be careful to make sure they reproduce properly is always hard!

Hopefully this is what they call moonlight water? I never heard the term before, but water that has been in constant contact with the roots of moonlight flowers seems like the best option for that.

Maybe I should've heard Blanc's advice and asked questions on the tavern! But I felt like it wouldn't fit Hina that much... So confusing!

Well, that is done and all, guess it's a good moment to go sleep? Not good to stay out for too long on the night after all.

The doll moved for a while seeking a good spot for resting, as it was moving, a source of light was seen, which led to it silently approach the source from a hill.

A kobold camp in the middle of the night... I think this makes me lucky? I doubt they are expecting an attack at this time, and being on a light place makes it hard for them to see anything far... I'll make use of that!

Hina scouted the camp with care by moving slowly through its surroundings, seeing their organization and the best method of attacking.

There are 4 set up tents, if I consider 4 kobolds per tent, they'll have 16 on the tents, as well as 4 guards awake, which is what they have right now. 20 kobolds on the whole? It seems doable.

After positioning herself appropriately, Hina waited until the noises on the camp died down, which meant the kobolds finally slept, once they did, she let the dolls on her waist loose, moving as far as the thread allowed, the archer dolls could aim at 3 of the guards, the arrows were pulled and let loose, instantly killing the 2 that were farther from Hina, but still withing range, with shots on the eye, as those died, the closest one and the farthest one both turned to look what the noise was.

As they got close to see what happened, the archers also shot them, killing the last guards awake.

Hina then moved towards the tents where the kobolds slept, the entrance was cut by the dolls and she could see the sleeping beings in front of her, which were promptly taken care of without chance of resisting by the quick dual-weilding dolls.

The process was repeated in the other 3 tents, ending with 20 kobolds dead, 16 while sleeping, 4 while awake.

As that was done, the dolls went back to Hina's waist and she left the kobolds camp.

"We did it Hina! We were able to kill them all without a single one fighting back! I'm so glad we could do it without having any doll hurt again! This feels great!

We should find a place to rest now, someplace far from here of course, as the smell of death will probably attract predators."

After moving around for a while, the doll found a place that was relatively hard to see and that one would probably be able to stay safe for the night.

Hina laid down on the grass while Rika was tightly, but carefully, embraced by her.

"Good night Hina, sleep well."

After sleeping through the whole night, the doll started to move again towards the frontier village, once she got there, she teleported back to Aeternus to turn in the quests.

[ Author's Note: I didn't find a good place to put it in, but the reason why Rika always sleeps within Hina's arms is not only for comfort, but also because fairies always shine a faint light, it is not noticeable during the day or if one had a strong light nearby (like the kobolds' fire), but it can be seen if your only light source are the moons or stars, so it would be easy to spot them during the night if Hina didn't embrace Rika. ]

@Carm

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  20. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GD2 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Nectar [ 120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey ]
    Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Welcome back Hina, I don't know why, but Rika kinda seems jubilant, well anyways, good job, quite efficient in killing those goblins, aiming for their eyes. Sounds like the strategy I would employ. Here have your 450 gold as well as a Butterfly Honey, Butterfly Honey, this bottle of Purified Moonlight Water, and this Rejuvenation Potion. I don't recommend sleeping out in the middle of nowhere next time, though. You never know what might sneak up on you.

Fairy-chan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.