LCD The Great Thief

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sosseres, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Thief is a VRMMORPG story set 200 years into the future. It is about a person that went back in time with future knowledge of the game and now wants to make money using it. The VRMMO seems decently made but the author is a bit lazy with his Blizzard rip-offs on the names. Standard poor person with little sister.

Even though it is pretty generic I like it thus far at chapter 17. What are your thoughts about it?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Airye

Airye Hermit Water Elementalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like another Roaming Thief, but i found it really well written just like this last one, and i trully enjoy it, just like all those new novels on qidian can't wait for more ~

3. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The intro is silly 'the only thing he could do was play games' Naw mate, if mentally/physically handicapped people can work on assembly lines... You're good.

So is this 'thief' part aimed at his class or that he is snatching all the #1 spots on games or some such?

4. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    The basic premise for that is that it is in the future where even more automation has occurred. If technology development has slowed down as well there is no reason you can't have a generic robot do the same work decade in and out. Workers are better than robots right now because you change products so much on the assembly lines. Getting the robots working properly is harder than making people improve it while working.

Alternative reason could be that it has become even more complex and the standard put bolt in and apply nut isn't how things are constructed. For example 3D printing might have taken over as manufacturing method. The author doesn't go into exact reason since that isn't relevant.

Edit,
    Thief thing is too early to tell. His class is thief. He has taken a global first. Might be related to both.

5. Simple As It

Simple As It Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of first impression, I'm not hooked up when reading it, basically just another rebirth story with regret as reasoning, HECK! even his reasoning is not really that decent. I might say it's mediocre.
    As for the translation, it's good but I think Qidian International need to fix their SPACING between text, because it's too cramped.

craz likes this.
  6. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually like the spacing. I read most pages on a computer monitor while far away and thus use a lot of zoom. Using Merriweather font, 18pt and 200% zoom in firefox. Much better than OppaTranslations where you end up with 1-2 paragraphs per page.

7. tkhendrix22

tkhendrix22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while i like the story, how has this not been hit for plagiarism.

8. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    It was written and marketed in China. I am not sure if China subscribes to plagiarism being the highest form of compliment as some other cultures do/did. I see it almost as a fan fiction in how much it steals and I havn't even played WoW. Only WC2 and WC3 (+ a ton of DotA).

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that it's translated into English it's in the author & Qidan's legal interest to change the names so they don't get sued for Trademark and Copyright infringement.

10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    up to chapter 46
    author doesn't stray too far away from games's genre
    no hidden organisation, no super powers unique to mc.

11. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how he gets surprised by unique events he never heard of the first time through. Will likely keep occurring since he is ahead of the curve instead of behind it this time.

12. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah kinda different from the other thief ... what is that trash name called again?
    whatever at least this one don't pretend to be an unparalled genius expert

13. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad the author doesn't list the other remaining items he needs. Would help us understand the MC decision process in which places he goes to for farm and exp. Gives the impression of him not having decided them at the time.

14. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    he could but then many people(me included) will complain about having too much description in appropriate place

15. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I can agree with that. Listing 4-5 of them is also a waste though author did continue it in next chapter...

Either do all of them as a status update or slim it down even more. This wishy washy in-between took just as much space.

16. DAFC

DAFC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read it since the beginning but im having an hard time recalling where he killed the imperial secret service.
    Can someone help me plz

17. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was when he partied with those two people 1 priest and 1 mage... And then those secret service guys then wanna kill steal boss...

18. NovelCat

NovelCat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new chap just got out...

May contain spoiler if u havent red chapter 62 yet

The children's reaction when they found out he was Lu Li was so cute! >_<

19. Bellethiel

Bellethiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but I bet he'd rather have the girls being the ones being crazy for him there. ;)

NovelCat likes this.
  20. John Doe

John Doe "UNKNOWN"

Reading List:
    Link
    why i cant find MTL for this novel damnit ... anyone can give link or something