LCD I Shall Seal the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    (I have pretty much no clue how to start a novel discussion, but I hope this works out :) )
    This novel is one of my favourite if not my favourite xianxia novel being translated. If you haven't started reading it, than start reading it. Also if you haven't caught up to the latest translated chapters than beware of spoilers.

So recently reading ISSTH I am starting to feel bad for Chu Yuyan, like all she ever wanted to do was help her ex-fiancee out and all she got in return was being accused of sleeping with another man. Also now with Meng Hao being in the Violet Sect I predict he is soon going to become a disciple of the grandmaster pill demon and probably is easily going to surpass Chu Yuyan in alchemy. Anyone else starting to feel bad for her? or is just me showing a little too much sympathy for her.

Also who do you guys think is going to be the second person on Meng Hao is blacklist? Someone we have already met or a new character? I think its going to be someone we haven't met yet. Maybe a high ranking disciple in the sect. Do you guys think it's possible to put an teacher/ elder on the blacklist?
    Post your questions or predictions about the novel.

PS. NO SPOILERS FROM THE CHAPTERS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TRANSLATED (IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADD SPOILERS PUT A SPOILER TAG ON IT)

Silhouette and qwerty like this.
  2. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you got to much sympathy for her
    she is like all the other practioners an egoist
    she wanted to force him to give her his item and even kill him for it
    and she didnt give a shit about anyone else
    i dont hate her and dont like her
    but if meng hao stumps her pride in alchemy
    it will be good for her and she will only grow because of that

and about the blacklist
    i think its going to be a follower of chu yuyan or someone who has position in the qi division(higher than chosen) and wants to force meng hao
    because his pills are on a higher level than master alchemists but cost less than furnace lord pills

Dmath94 and qwerty like this.
  3. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I would feel bad for Chu Yuyan if she didn't try to kill Meng Hao and steal that tree from him. I mean if she hadn't done that she would never have had the rest of the stuff that happened to her happen to her. She is literally reaping what she sowed herself. The most malicious thing anyone did was when Meng Hao decided not to kill the guy who witnessed the two of them together and honestly killing the witness would have been a way more evil thing to do.

Also on the plus side, at least she realized that her fiance was a piece of dirt before they married and she was able to call it off, so it's not all bad.

As to his second blacklist spot I am going to go way out there and say Meng Hao. It's just far enough out there and humorous enough that I think it would fit the general flow of the story thus far. I can imagine him being cornered by Chu Yuyan after becoming a disciple of the Pill Demon and needing to do something to prove he isn't Meng Hao, like blacklisting himself.

qwerty likes this.
  4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on what you stated previously but I don't agree to this statement. Why is it a malicious thing of ignoring the bystander and its evil if you kill him? Your post is contradictory btw.

Besides, he's a member of Golden Frost and he called Li Figui 'little patriarch' at that time. Meng Hao killing him is like slapping his own brother, Li Figui.

Regarding OPs question, I don't pity her. At most, she becomes the 'filler' of the story with the endless loop of being moody whenever she saw Fang Mu.

qwerty likes this.
  5. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel as if your thinking too deeply on her she is arrogant and selfish which is shown with how she treats the guy involved in the spear incident when **Fang Mu met her for the first time. Also she goes out of her way to bother Fang Mu someone she has never met just because she feels annoyed by him, I mean really? when I personally see a person who annoys me I don't chase after him and treat him like crap I just ignore or avoid them.

Also think back to when she first met Meng Hao, she totally tried to steal the item he bought just because she felt she needed it more which makes no sense and shows she does not particularly care about bullying others, when she discovered who he was she tried to kill him based on something he did to someone else trying to defend himself, she never considered his side of the story, granted this really is not that type of world setting as shown so far that the strong can do whatever they please to the weak as long as they have the strength or backup to get away with it.

So yeah don't feel pity for her Meng Hao/Fang Mu has not really done anything horrible to her so far and in fact it could be considered doing her a favour as he showed her just what king of man her fiancee was when facing a bit of adversity. This are my thoughts on your question friend hope they help a bit. :)

LagDeath, qwerty and Saitama like this.
  6. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, really not seeing the contradiction. The witness didn't spread the rumors thinking 'I want to hurt Chu Yuyan' but as far as I recall Meng Hao knew the witness was there even before Chu Yuyan left and said nothing, and did nothing to prevent him from spreading the rumors. This isn't really all that malicious as the only way to one hundred percent stop the rumor would be to kill the witness, which is in my opinion a far more evil thing to do than let someones reputation get dirtied. So what Meng Hao did isn't all that malicious and it's certainly the lesser of the two 'wrongs' but it is still really the most malicious thing that anyone did. By the time Li Figui told his story the damage was either already done, or perhaps he really believed the lie he was telling.

qwerty likes this.
  7. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it's malicious before though. It's not really lesser of the two 'wrongs'. Having the intent to kill someone because they are a witness to a trivial thing is malicious itself. Besides, it was Chu Yuyan who wanted to keep secret to whatever happened between them. In doing so, Chu Yuyan is at fault since the witness heard that.

qwerty likes this.
  8. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Read my original post again I said the most malicious.

qwerty likes this.
  9. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    point taken. I don't agree that it's malicious though.

qwerty likes this.
  10. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the pic on the teaser for chapter 234 :)

qwerty likes this.
  11. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    So he has violet pupils now. Cool, when can he shoot lasers from his eyes?

qwerty likes this.
  12. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    The group of people working on issth put out hilarious memes sometimes, and this has to be one of the funniest.

[​IMG]

13. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I only just started reading this series, I'm finding it really interesting; glad I picked it up!

qwerty likes this.
  14. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    yea it gets so much better once he completes a couple of goals of his, not going to say which, because spoilers.

qwerty likes this.
  15. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good read. I actually find the beginning to be the most boring part.

qwerty likes this.
  16. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I've caught up already. I almost pulled my hair out when I came to the preview chapter, what? There's no more? How can this be??? Thoughts like that went through my head. I'm just glad that, for the time being, it has a rather fast release rate. one of my favourites

Indeed, of the many novels I've read so far, it would be only the second to score 5/5

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    qwerty and JJ like this.
  17. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is also one of my favorite novels.

qwerty likes this.
  18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    While I do love this novel, I still think its not worthy of a perfect score. It does fall into the same hoops typical XianXia novels go through. Ignoring that though, we have a great story and love able characters. This is one of the few novels I'll gobble up the chapters as they are released.

IheartBT, qwerty and JJ like this.
  19. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    This and Tales of Demons of God are the only one I gobble up chapters as they are released. I agree with you that it's not perfect. Everything is not perfect though, it's just whether you like it or not.

qwerty likes this.
  20. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to ask if you are comparing ISSTH to other Xianxia works only or if you are comparing it to other genres as well. If just Xianxia I am curious what is better. If you aren't restricting yourself to Xianxia I feel like it's too subjective to have any meaning. Gets too close to railing against a fantasy story for having an element of magic in it when the definition of the fantasy genre literally says has an magical element in the story.

qwerty likes this.