LCD The sacred ruins

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by MrNebulist, Mar 8, 2017.

1. MrNebulist

MrNebulist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw that there wasn't an LCD for this series, so I decided to make one. The sacred ruins is a novel by Chen Dong, the author of perfect world. It has a unique and interesting setting. The occurrences in this TSR make me think that the whole world is smoking pot.

2. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Chen Dong's works. He is the best writer out there and the most popular as well on Qidian.

I have read that this novel would blend in with Perfect World and Shrouding the Heavens in future. I guess we would be spoiled seeing that the translation pace of those two novels is far too slow.

3. MrNebulist

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect word is one my favorite novels. It's funny and has one of the best tragedies in all xuanhuan xianxia novels. Who can not laugh when shi Hao said: senior apprenticeship sister, do you have milk? Lol

4. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan of Perfect World, the 'It's supposed to be funny cuz he's a lil kid" doesn't really work with me. I like some of his other tho.

MrNebulist likes this.
  5. MrNebulist

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad they are not translated fast enough. The sacred ruins, however, has a decent release rate.

6. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really good tho? I tried it but getting through even the first part of the first chapter was tough enough for me. ...

7. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a matter of taste. It's the most popular novel among Chinese readers and it has maintained its number one status from the start (see Qidian charts).

I am a fan of Chen Dong and I think he has done a great job in world building and such. Really worth a read.

8. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the first part. I love chen dong's writing style. and as always, he put foreshadow in his novel at the beginning

but like strixflash said. it's a matter of taste. if you dont like the story or the writing style, then dont read it.

strixflash likes this.
  9. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a slow unraveling, but reading through to chapter 23, it gave me some nice moments.

Feels like everyone is turning mutant, but the MC gained something that made him remained human. I meant, superhuman.

10. MrNebulist

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who finds it weird that there is no call block function in the communicators?

11. DeathDao

DeathDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose the author is trying to make some funny moments incluiding Yellow Ox. As he can´t speak and he as no friends except the MC it´s fun to see him bothering other ppl and anoying them when they kinda deserve it..So yea there should be as there´s still a biomedical group,that means civilization hasn´t gone that bad in technology so yea..a basic function such as that should exist..So..he is just trying to get some few lines..So that he can end in a cliff hanger xd

12. MrNebulist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what this yap looks like. I have even looked in two dictionaries but still haven't found an animal called yap :/

Gunji Murgi likes this.
  13. etloth

etloth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone else notice that the chapter order is messed up currently in the table of contents?

It says chapter 30 is "Combat Experience", pretty sure, that chapter was like 28, and the current chapter 28, "Return of the Untamed" is actually chapter 29.

"The treasure of the Demon Ox", which is the current chapter of 29, should actually be chapter 30.

And the new chapter that has just been added "The Invincible", why the heck is that chapter labelled as chapter 1? That's chapter 31.

14. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapters 31 and 32.

"A giant bat fell" .
    "A giant spider fell" .

OMG I'm cracking up so much!

And the MC does the right thing for once! Chain them up, stomp their heads, and then leave them to die in the jungle!

add on:

chapter 33 flips the tone of the novel entirely. Like from dark, mysterious, sombre, into a slice of life comedy of some sort.

Weird!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  15. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian
    I checked and I think this paragraph wasn't translated in the first chapter of Sacred Ruins

数日前他毕业了,同时也跟校园中的女神说再见,或许见不到了吧,毕竟他曾被委婉的告知,从此天各一方,该分手了

Edit: I checked on official raw as well and this paragraph was there.

It's depressing to see a translator omitting stuffs. I noticed similar mistakes in future chapters but then I thought it's of no use to complain as my previous requests were ignored.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Sircus likes this.
  16. Mike the Translator

Mike the Translator New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings, I'm Mike, the current translator of The Sacred Ruins, and we have seen these missing translations too. Part of the reason why there are missing translations was because I translated them through print outs, and it seems like some parts were deleted in the process. We are currently checking the earlier chapters and fixing or adding what has been fixed and modified. Thank you for the notice, and as soon as they are ready, we will be asking the administer of our website to update it. Well, there might be some site optimisations ongoing with the website, and we were told that we wouldn't be able to update until all the bugs were fixed. However, we will be notifying here once it's done. Again, thank you for noticing this and we will do our utmost to fix it.

checkm8, badMal, Gunji Murgi and 2 others like this.
  17. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. Really appreciate your @Qidian 's response.

badMal likes this.
  18. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    how many people need to go "missing" before this woman has her people lookin at her activities, especially if mutants are as rare as they're made out to be. she's "misplaced" 7 so far, right?

19. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 42:

Now the tone goes all the way back to dark.

But there's something that screams "RAMBO!" from chapter 40-42. I just can't help but to feel that Rambo vibe. From the preparation, build up, etc. (even though its very short, I liked it).

20. z3helll

z3helll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what the "black stagger" is? At first I thought the translator just misspelled and meant to write "dagger" but I keep seeing the same thing in every chapter...