Novel I Died and Reincarnated as an Otome Game's... Villager A?

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AliceShiki, Mar 25, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there! This is a bit of a NUF parody novel that I started making on a whim, hope you all enjoy the reading!

I intend to make two releases per week, hopefully I can keep up with this schedule!

Synopsis: @Truck-kun did it's job, so I went from Earth to the world of the Otome Game 'Akkihime-sama's Love Adventure' that I played in my previous life, however... I'm not any of the main characters?

This should usually be a nice thing since I'm avoiding all the death flags that the people that reincarnate as villainess tend to go through, but... What's up with this commoner's lifestyle!? I don't have access to a good bath! My clothes are all ugly, and nobody seems to even mind this!? I refuse to accept this kind of life! Medieval commoner is a big no for me! I'll go up even if I have to become Akkihime-sama's maid for that!

... Actually that sounds like quite a reasonable idea...

Genre: Slice of Life, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy.

Disclaimer:
    The personality of the characters depicted here may vary a lot from their NUF counterparts, this was all made with their previous consent.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    NightAir, Einon, Acerleaf and 24 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1:
    Today was supposed to be a day as normal as any other, I was walking home from school while playing an Otome Game on my cellphone... Well, I guess I should've payed a bit more attention to the way I walked.

A truck was passing by and couldn't stop before hitting me, I could see everything going black... Am I dying?

Things suddenly got bright, what is... Eh? This isn't where I was, is it? Am I in a hospital? No, it doesn't look like it... A house I guess? But... Who are all those people...?

"Waaaa."

That... That was my voice? What the...

"Congratulations madam, it's a healthy girl!"

Oh, I got it... Can't believe it, but I guess Truck-kun did indeed reincarnate me... I guess I'm a baby now? Well, things shouldn't be that bad, I won't have many obligations for plenty of years in the future, so it should be a fun growing up, I just hope everyone back home won't cry much because of me...

How wrong I was... The good thing about this reincarnation, is that everyone spoke English, just like me, so I didn't have to worry about learning the language again.

The bad part? Well, there are tons of those, to begin with, I was dirty, I'm not talking about the time I was born, I'm talking about the whole time, really, what's up with being bathed with only water and only every once in a while? I am way too conscious of my smell like this and I do not like it!

Being a baby was also extremely boring, since I couldn't really do anything... Luckily this part passed by quickly since I slept all the time, before long I was 4 years old and... Things are still terrible!

My parents don't allow me to make use of the water for bathing everyday, since it's too troublesome to take the water from the well, soap? Too expensive. Shampoo? Never heard of it... My hair was just so rough I tried to not even touch it.

And what about the peaceful childhood I hoped for? No way! I had to work as soon as possible to help gathering wood for winter, cooking, sewing... Let me experience my childhood days in an easy and laid-back manner!

I didn't even have any cute clothes for me to like my appearance in the mirror... Rather, I couldn't see my appearance in a mirror, the best option available was a water pond since mirrors are also too expensive... What's up with this broken reincarnation!? I should've received a cheat, become a noble, or at least being a bit wealthy! Becoming a commoner is no good! I can't fathom living my next years like that!

"Rika, stop daydreaming and go already!"
    "Okay mom! I'm leaving!"
    "Make sure to bring plenty of wood back! You brought way too little last time! We'll need to spend too much on buying spares for winter if you continue like that!"
    "Got it!"

At least I kept my name the same as the one from my previous life in this one... It would be troubling to get used to being called something else aside from Matsurika.

Leaving home, I started walking towards the forest like usual, there really should be some rules about child labor here... Oh well, nothing much I can do about it.

On the way there, I heard two women gossiping while resting, I wanted to be able to rest and gossip instead of going to work...

"Did you hear about the last maid of Akkihime-sama?"

Akki... Hime-sama? I know that name...

"Oh, I did, she was fired, just like the others."
    "Seems like this princess is quite the spoiled one, no matter what kind of noble is brought over, they keep on getting fired and bringing another."

Princess... Akkihime-sama... Isn't that the name of the character... Of course it is... I reincarnated from being hit from a truck, coming in the setting of the Otome Game I played is fitting... Why wasn't I reincarnated as the villainess like everyone else though? I bet I could shoot all the flags down with ease... Life as a noble would be a lot better than this.

At any rate, I'm really curious about this thing, so I should try and hop in a bit, surely it won't be a problem to spend a bit of time on that! And since I know them, I think they won't mind if I come in like this!

"Excuse me! What's this about Akkihime-sama?"
    "Oh, Rika, are you out for gathering wood?"
    "Yes!"
    "Such a hardworking girl, keep up the good job, okay?"
    "You can count on me!"

You say that, but you also send your daughter out to do the same thing as me...

"As for Akkihime-sama, it seems the royal family is searching for maids for her, she is too spoiled and nobody can keep up with her tastes, or at least this is what the rumors say, hard to make sure of anything that is related to nobles."
    "I see... A maid is it...?"
    "Yeah, at first there were all old maids coming, but lately a lot of young ones appeared, maybe they are searching for someone with a similar age to the princess?"
    "Similar age... What was the age of the princess again?"
    "Right, you were still too young during her birthdays, so you probably don't remember it."

More like this is the first I heard of it, mom always kept me at home during any kind of event...

"She is the same age as you dear, just 4!"

... This... This is way too much of a coincidence... Let's just... I tilted my head in the cutest and most childish manner I could.

"Are they accepting commoners as maids?"
    "No, of course not, only the nobility would be allowed to get this close to the princess."
    "Well, with how many went out, maybe they would choose a commoner like our little Rika."
    "That's impossible, unless there was some kind of perfect maid that knew all the quirks and needs of the princess."

This ought to be a signal... I'm not letting this chance slip by!

"Thank you very much! You two take care!"
    "Take care Rika... Wait, that's not the direction of the forest!"

I ran towards the castle without a care in my head, no way I'll get another chance like this! Nobody knows Akkihime-sama better than I do! I played with her far too many times! I know everything there is to know of her! I ought to get this job and say goodbye to this terrible commoner life!

Once I got near the castle, I could see the guards in front of the gate, blocking the way... Well, here goes nothing.

I walked towards it in a slow pace and talked to them in a humble and small voice.

"Excuse me..."
    "What...? Hey kid, this area is off limits, move along."
    "I... I wanted to apply for a maid of Akkihime-sama!"
    "A maid? Look kid, this is a place for the royalty, someone like you can't come in here, alright?"
    "But-"
    "No buts, just go away before we need to force you out."
    "But I know everything about Akkihime-sama! I would be the perfect maid for her! I'm sure of it!"
    "I said, you should get out-"
    "Wait!"

A childish voice was heard from within the castle walls, looking towards the direction of it I could see a girl with brown shoulder length hair and a black frilly dress... Was that...

"Lady Victoria, you shouldn't be out here near the gates, it is a dangerous place."
    "Haven't I already said that I am no Victoria, I am DCLXVI, the daughter of Satan, ruler of the very depths of hell, I refuse to be called by this name!"
    "Right... Apologies lady Vi."
    "As long as you understand... Now you child, I heard you wish to become a maid of Akkihime-sama."

Victoria von Ungeist, daughter of a duke that had close relationship with the royal family, but died before she was old enough to recognize him... She is a chuuni.

"Yes! I am sure I would be a wonderful maid for Akkihime-sama!"
    "I can see the fire in your eyes, this is the look of one that is prepared to risk their very life to show their worth."

Not quite... I just want to live a better life you know? It's not that-

"Very well, I will allow you in, you will be judged by Akkihime-sama herself!"
    "Really!?"
    "Lady Victoria!"
    "Silence! My words have already been spoken, do not dare to go against them! Come along girl, I'll show you the way in."
    "Yes Ma'am!"

The guards with a helpless face ended up opening the gate, I followed her inside the castle grounds while she started walking towards the proper building.

"I have yet to know of your name, you can call me DCLXVI, or Vi for short."
    "Ah! I'm Matsurika, or just Rika for short, pleased to meet you lady Vi."
    "Fufufu, I'm looking forward to what you'll show, saying you know everything about Akkihime-sama without ever meeting her, I am mostly curious, I will see your effort with my very eyes."
    "Ri-right! I'll prove it that I can serve Akkihime-sama properly!"
    "That is the spirit, you will succeed for as long as you hold the right mentality, I am sure of it."

... Her behavior is surprisingly unchild-like... On the game I only saw her once she was already a teenager, I'm a bit surprised she can act like that with this age... Though it's kinda cute seeing her act so high and might like this. Heehee.

After getting near the castle walls, we made a turn and entered the garden, as we walked, I could start hearing a few shouts... More than anything else, the words Akkihime-sama kept on being uttered... This is kinda amazing.

We kept on getting closer to the source of the shouts, before long we reached a more enclosed area of the garden that seemed to be where they were coming from.

"Here we are, good luck."

Vi opened the way for me, and I stepped forward to see what was all this commotion about.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Einon, Kysil, MrSplashy and 13 others like this.
  3. nick1mname

nick1mname Nick is not my name but it can be.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lady DCLXVI (666), good one.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Teehee, thank you!

For people with usernames that can't be actual names, I'll see what I can do to put their names into the story, though I'm unsure on what I'll do with some of them...

5. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    So... cringy.... I love it.

Einon likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you... I think... Not sure what to take of this! >.<

I will keep on trying my best though!

Einon likes this.
  7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Truck... Hmm... Another known name... Hmm?... *facepalm*
    *whacks @brasca123 over the head with a harisen*
    You... Get some better imagination! Also... 4 year olds aren't supposed to be THAT demanding (the hime for instance)

DCLXVI likes this.
  8. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Take it with a grain of salt. It's good, albiet a bit cringy, well then again, which Reincarnation into an otome game novel isn't right now?
    (please don't let this spark a whole blown out war)

9. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good and rushed start;)
    I love it!?

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my imagination is fine though?

And you haven't seen the hime yet, you only got rumors of her behavior so far... You shouldn't really complain about something you didn't even see yet.
    Nah, not wars, I get annoyed by Otome Game Reincarnations that become wars, unless it's focused on that since the beginning, like Eliza... What happened on Otoburi on the other hand... Ugh.
    *hugs* Thank you!!!

Carm and BlackKnightGodzilla like this.
  11. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cute Brasca! Lol putting all that reading of otome game novels to good use. How far did you go with the game you were playing though? Finished it?

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    <.<
    >.>

Still on the exact same spot! >.<

I had kinda forgotten of its existence until you reminded me... I might play it a bit tomorrow... Would be nice to go back to it...

Thanks for the compliment though!!! *hugs*

13. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    ...*cough* your response time is really fast.

*pat pat* I only remembered because of your thread lol good luck if you ever find the time to get back to it. Otherwise just take a nice break.

Welcome~ *hugs tight*

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I answer as soon as I see them! \(^^)/

Teehee, my weekend is usually pretty free, so I might be able to! \(^^)/

15. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    What good timing \o/

That's good! Have a fun relaxing weekend then \o/

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I'll be sure to!

BlancFrost likes this.
  17. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rika is cute already!! XD

AliceShiki and Matsurika like this.
  18. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    You actually did it, nice!
    Good job @brasca123

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Heheh, this seems like fun! I'll be checking in occasionally just to see all the nuffian cameos! xD

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reminded of Demon King Reincarnation but from the perspective of a mob character.
    Now I am sad that web novel was taken down...

On the topic of mob characters, what will happen when she meets the main character or gets friends?

mob mc.png npc characters.png

lazynoodles and Slaynbr like this.