Discussion Share your most hilarious MMORPG raid experience

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Truerror, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it is pretty fun, unfortunately most mmos make it difficult to be a solo they tend to have areas that can only be accessed by a group and monsters that even if you're 20 lvls above it you still can't kill em by yourself.

wafflebeauty likes this.
  2. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everquest sounds fun. Too bad I never had the chance to play it. And Everquest Next failed to materialize too... I played the beta though, where they showcased its destructible environment. I guess they couldn't balance it in the end.

3. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I remember one. It wasn't a raid but a normal 5-man dungeon, and I was in it with two guildies, with one being a close friend irl. The two of us always played healers but this time we decided to try leveling up DPS classes, so I was a warrior (dual wield swords, can switch between evasion tank or burst dps) and she was a berserker (slow heavy dps with two handed axe). And then, conveniently we also had a guildmate who was leveling up a healer (it was a mystic, which is the second not as popular healer class that can summon minion thingies and drop healing balls) for the first time - usually he plays as a tank. So. I think you might be able to tell how great that went. After shouting YOLO, the two of us DPS would run in and aggro the entire room. Dodge? What is that? Block? Huh, does something like that exist?? The pained shouts of the healer as he ran full speed away from mobs and the crazed laughter of us two I can still remember clearly. Mm, we died more than once. And then at one of the bosses, normally you need to go past his room to the rooms after and kill the mobs or else if you try and kill the boss they will run in and aggro on you... Of course, we aggro'd the boss without doing that because we wanted to quickly finish :D He complained to the guild that he would never party with crazy asian girls again. Needless to say, from then on it was just us two leveling together o3o. Thinking as healers we would know how to be the type of player that us healers don't hate, but we ended up as the type of player that us healers hate the most hahaha.

SilverFeather likes this.
  4. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played WoW back in Wrath of the Lich King and we were raiding in Naxrammas. We had a tank in our guild that was known for a peculiar quirk - he always drank when he played. Surprisingly, he got better as he drank, however this did have a rather nasty side effect: he could never remember the strategies for fighting the raid bosses (he would also occasionally forget which gear he had acquired and would spend hours farming and gemming gear - only to realize he already had it from the last time he did that). I remember he once started the Patchwork fight immediately after being told all he had to do was tank it - by charging through the pool of poison that lowered your max HP to half. Good times.

5. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is where everyone should do a tsukkomi together: "Practice what you preach!" :rolleyes:

Ha, the Patch fight. We once wiped in a run (normal, not heroic), and a friend of mine, a rogue, tried to abandon everyone as he stealthed away. He said something to the effect of, "Have a nice death!". Well, I disagreed. After all, us paladins are masters of escaping. I simply bubbled, and promptly hearthed out of there.

NGCleric likes this.
  6. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. shader009

shader009 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was playing eldevin a few years back. So my broadband connection was a bit slow and i was the last guy to enter. My entire team was finishing up the last boss and i was getting pwned by the mobs they missed.

wafflebeauty likes this.
  8. Ashbell911

Ashbell911 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol... We're same... But I got transported out of the map because boss's skill charge

9. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's not bad after my laptop broke I didn't keep track of the updates to it though.

10. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    It was the last boss of the dungeon which wasn't particularly difficult. But the dungeon itself was long and had lot's of twists and turns. So most people who did this dungeon only did it once. My friend was warrior dps and I was a priest healer. People did this dungeon not for leveling but for the prized epic level head piece. Called Eye of Flame that only had a 0.01% chance of dropping. As most mmo players know their is usually a need greed pass system in place when a item becomes available. When the roll came up my friend started going crazy about how rare that item was. At the time I was still a noob and had no idea of it's value. Apparently if unbound it could sell for 10k plus gold on the market. And so we both rolled and sadly i didn't get it but he did. Luckily for me he was a warrior who had no use for it.

11. Lady Luck

Lady Luck (˘❥˘)

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Casi

Casi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always the same thing, and I bet it has happened to everyone.

You stand around chatting to someone in guild chat. then suddenly. the chat gets filled up with

111112232221212112adwsawdaw112dsw1d22d12dad

and we'd all laugh, coz we all know what it meant.

14. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lady Luck, are you free now?

16. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    back when i played DDO, my fave class was a trap wiz necromancer. traps, doors, damage, and self heals. it was great. took a lot of shit from people sayin i'd wasted points and would never be as useful as an actual rogue, but i'm used to it. so we're goin through some place or another, and everyone's like "there's a chest over here, let's get it." but the rogue was throwin a fit, sayin his skills weren't high enough to disable it, so i volunteer my services. once again, everybody throws a fit, and nobody wants to waste the time to let the mage have his trolling fun. eventually the rogue steps up to try. as expected, he fails. but he fails horribly and dies. he starts bitching at everyone for "pressuring him" and as they're tryin to revive him, i wander off and disable it myself. while everyone else was surprised and happy we can move on, the rogue gets his revive, tells me to "fuck off", and then rage quits.

17. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my funny MMO raid experiences come from glitches.

Aion: got stuck in a crack between stairs and a dirt mound during one run. In another one, tank got stuck after jumping off the aggro reset point in Occupied Rentus Base and he had to keep jiggling his character around until he managed to get out, which took like half an hour. My Spiritmaster summon skill wouldn't work because we were in an instance and not on the world map outside.

Revelation Online: Entered in with noobies for Misty Hollow and after about 10 minutes of gameplay and like 4/5 of the party got thrown right out again. Good thing we could re-enter. XD

18. Skyreader

Skyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MHO: Infernal Tartaronis Raid (Giant burning flying turtle)
    This raid need certain armor skill setup and at least 2 Hunting Horn user with Heal Large song to keep up with boss dmg during last (3rd) phase.
    I am on a party of 4 and none of us use Hunting Horn. This raid need 8 people, so we queue for this raid.
    (Keep in mind that this is chinese MMO, and none of use can speak/write chinese)
    We got matched, but none of extra 4 people are HH user. "we are doomed" i said. "no, we can do this" my friend replied. "OK, i trust you".

1st phase gone well, the boss swimming around area and occasionally spewing fire beam. No one died (or carted back to camp, in MH term).

2nd phase went a bit hectic, luckily no one died since i always keep heal all item (lifepowder) in my inventory but this item is limited (10 pcs) and doesnt heal a lot. The Boss started flying around summoning several Fire Tornado, Exploding Bug and heat wave aura around him. We need pickup ammo from middle of map, then shoot with cannon scattered at the edge the map to get him down. The Exploding Bug is biggest threat since it tend to target ammo carrier. Also, the ammo deal burning damage to the carrier.

3rd phase is when shit goes down quickly. The boss no longer flying but he sourround himself with heat aura and deal bomb debuff. Exploding Bug and FIre Tornado still constantly summonned. This bomb debuff is really nasty, it will explode the player after certain time and damage the player around him. Without HH user to heal these player around, we are pretty much fucked up. We started to get carted one by one, until the cart limit reached, and Quest Failed

19. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to rush before reset but weather really doesn't like people that don't wait so I had a blackout.

20. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Entered a dungeon with great vigor and expectations... suffered a power outrage as soon as I entered the dungeon... I was on a computer and it shut down the very instant...