Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    ==========================================
    Welcome back Shuri-chan!

Delta Town's food is indeed quite good, I have some good memories in eating on their restaurants... A shame that their portions aren't enough for you...

Be careful when diving deep into the sea though, there are plenty of scary beings underwater!!!

Your reward will be of 200G, since you already got the other rewards directly by the contractors.

Take care now!

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]

After choosing a quest,I went off to the inn for adventurers to stay for the night. In my room, I took out the Item Box the guild gave me and took the Rabbit Skin that I stored inside. The moment I got the item I was already planning to use 「Enhancement」as an experiment to see if it'll allow to preserve the items. There's 「Replication」too but it's useless as I need to perceive the magic on the item before I can replicate it. As I thought, 「Enhancement」did nothing but I did get a feel that enhancing it is possible. For now, I put it back in my bag. Of course, with the Rabbit Skin inside. I gripped the Peculiar Stone one time before going to sleep.

Morning came, I ran to the Portal and connected to the Frontier Village.
    I asked the villagers about the Goblins as well as the herbs. Information gathering is important for quests. I don't want to underestimate it even if it's a Goblin.

After gathering enough info, I head to the Plains to search for the Goblins. I spent 3 hours and not one Goblin in sight. Apparently most of the adventurers who come here are guys so they seem to be low in numbers...or so I thought when 20 Goblins holding daggers and clubs appeared out of nowhere.

"Oi! Even if my skills are good 20 is too much!!!!" I retorted to no one.

I immediately ran away before they are able to surround me. Two to three Goblins tried to block me but I sliced them up on their vital points. I wasn't able to kill them but it's good since they'll die afterwards. I found a large rock and positioned myself with my back facing it before the all the Goblins keep up. Most people find it hard to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. But for me, it is the most ideal for this situation.

"Ganging up a single person? You've really gone that low, huh." I said as I taunted the Goblins. They all rushed to me thinking to crush me but it's all according to keikaku. (OOC: I really wanted to try that one) I used 『Pierce』and struck each of them hard. It didn't even take 9 seconds to kill them all. I collected the quest proof using a dagger from one of the Goblins. I also gathered the weapons to prevent them from being used by other Goblins.

I went back to the former place and was gathering the rest when I heard a stomach grumbling. I looked around and found someone collapsed. He has a lot of rings on him...is a merchant robbed by thieves?

After making sure that it isn't a scheme of some sort, I helped the guy by giving him food. I offered him some healing herbs I gathered along the way but he refused saying that he's able to heal himself. It seems that he was travelling towards some place called Crafting School to learn crafting items and ran out of food after he got lost. He was found by three Goblins starving but he was able to fend them off. No wonder there's so many Goblins. He gave me some scrolls containing methods to strengthen my body including a movement skill called
    「Wave Threading Steps」. After some explanation from him about the scrolls, we bid each other farewell. I was going to ask his name but when I looked back he suddenly disappeared.

The return was uneventful aside from collecting the remaining herbs for my other quest. I was able to get everything done before sunset with enough time to learn
    「Handicraft 」from one of the villagers. The villagers gave me 5 Rabbit Skins as thanks for killing so much Goblins.

Note:
    - acquired 5 Wooden Clubs
    - acquired 8 Cheap Daggers
    - acquired Cultivation Scroll
    - acquired Scroll:「Wave Threading Steps」
    - acquired Rabbit Skin x5
    - learned「Handicraft 」

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Silver Snake likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    ==========================================
    Welcome back Moon-kun!

Seems like goblins aren't much of a problem to you? Good job then!

Your reward will be of 100G and a Rejuvenation Potion! Take care now!

(( I'm assuming that with: "The return was uneventful aside from collecting the remaining herbs for my other quest", you meant both the Healing Plants and the Moonlight Flowers, so I considered the request completed, that was some leeway I gave you because you're a new member though, please be more specific on future reports, or I'll consider it as a failure.

It doesn't need to be much tbh, just say that you got both Healing Plants and Moonlight Flowers, instead of "the remaining herbs", since it looks like you forgot about the thing you were supposed to do with the way you wrote. ))

4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll keep that mind mind. Thank you Shiki-san!

5. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ash Plains - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Spirits [ 270 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB3 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Fire Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB4 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Ash beasts [ 280 G ]
    Ash Plains - #GB1 - B-Ranked - Steal 1 Ice weapon [ 230 G | Unlock Ice Smithing Skill ]
    Ash Plains - #GB2 - B-Ranked - Steal 1 Fire weapon [ 230 G | Unlock Lava Shaping Skill ]

With a new weapon at my side, I decided that it was time to take it for a test run. So, I ran off to the guild and picked up a couple of quests in the meantime. My body was wrapped in linen cloth to prevent any of the ash from having contact with my skin and I had goggles of sorts so I wouldn’t be blinded by the ash. Walking through the plains with a map in my hands, I made my way to one of the Ice weapons that I was supposed to steal.

I didn’t expect some random merchant to have a map to one but what a pleasant surprise. Of course, if I was lied to I would find that merchant and demand recompense. As I made my way to the weapon, I could feel the surroundings slightly dip in terms of temperature. Unsheathing the cavalry sword, I became a bit wary of the surroundings. Of course, it wasn’t without reason and as soon as a couple ash beasts appeared from the ground I could somehow tell that I was right. Maybe it was intuition?

It had been at least a week since I started cultivating my body so I restricted my use of elements as a direct attacking force. Instead, I would use them solely as auxiliary powers. Tensing my body, I waited for the beasts to attack. I doubted it would be a tough battle as my skill alone would have probably been enough to dispatch the current enemy. There was only around 7 of them in the first place. My ears twitched as the sound of something was coming from behind me.

Waiting till the last second, I ducked and spun around before swiping my sword upwards. True to its rank, the first ash beast reacted quickly enough to block it but my experience came into play. From a normal swipe, the saber turned into multiple blade lights that swam around the ash beast’s defenses and made way for its weaknesses. A split second later, I kicked it away from me and watched as the rest of the ash beasts sprang towards me with vigor.

As if the attacks were in slow motion, I lightly sidestepped one before using the back of my empty palm to divert another. Leaping backwards, I dodged another swipe by a hair's breadth and a light shot up from below me as I ducked and dodged one more. A series of unrelenting attacks continued coming my way but as time passed, less and less were attacking me. It wasn’t by exhaustion, but because of death.

Any ordinary swordsman would have died in that onslaught. Someone with considerable skill could have come out injured but with 7 new trophies. However, the clothes on my back weren’t even disturbed as I cut down each beast one by one in the midst of dodging. An act which became easier and easier the longer the attacks persisted. The final 2 ash beasts looked at me with a slight amount of fear in their eyes as they ran off.

I sighed and wiped away the residue on my blade before putting it back in its scabbard. I was satisfied with the sharpness of the blade. Slicing through the ash beasts wasn’t exactly something hard to do but their body’s offered almost no resistance to my attacks. Continuing on my journey, I had made it to the ‘ice weapon’ before stowing it away in my item box. Taking out the map once more, I looked at the location of the fire weapon before going on my way. Though, before I left the immediate vicinity, some frost spirits popped up out of nowhere.

Of course, I now needed to see how well the conductivity of the weapon was. I dodged the flurry of elemental attacks sent my way before filling the blade up as much as possible with lightning, the most rampant element. I trusted that Lucifer had the weapon not be incapable of conducting some elements so all I really needed was a durability test. So, to do that, I filled it with the element that should provide the most damage to the weapon, lightning or electricity.

It took a couple of seconds but the blade was finally filled to the brim with electricity. Even then, it didn’t seem like it could possibly break. Of course, I needed a live test. Pointing the cavalry sword at one of the frost spirits, I narrowly dodged an ice spear before thrusting the weapon towards it. Black bolts of lightning shot from the blade and immediately arced from one spirit to the next. Unlike what I had predicted, the spirits did not turn into ash.

Well, the fifth one did, but the first to fourth spirits that the lightning touched crystalised. They dropped to the floor and shattered with each bit having an absurd amount of lightning and frost essence within. Collecting them, I planned to have them appraised by Shadow or someone when I came back to the guild. I barely noticed when the lightning arced back to the saber, flowing into me, and finally into the ground.

Stowing away my confusion, I continued on my journey. I met some frost giants on the way and tried to crystalize them but it only turned them into ash. I didn’t quite understand why it worked with the spirits and not the giants but that is a question for another time for someone who is more versed in turning spirits into crystals.

--------------------------------(Time skip)--------------------------------

It had been a couple hours since I embarked on my journey and I finally found the fire weapon. It took me a while but here it was, surrounded by fire giants. However, unlike last time, there weren’t any spirits. Incorporating the essence of metal into my weapon, I slashed out at the giants before they noticed me. A blade light spanning several meters appeared from my weapon with a cold aura and shot at my foes.

My eyes constricted at the sight as the weapon shouldn’t have been so powerful. It shot almost faster than I could see and passed through each giant without making any sound. It continued on for a couple more kilometers before dissipating into nothing. In the meantime, the fire giants fell one by one, each one split in half. It seemed that the weapon had an affinity for the metal element. I took a look at the giants insides and saw that everything the bladelight touched was altered into metal. Blood, bones, organs, they were all no longer flesh, but metal.

Not being one to let the strange occurrence affect me, I neatly stole the fire weapon before beginning my trek back to the guild. Some time passed and here I was, in front of the desk with Hikari closely examining the shards of frost spirit. She took one look at the things and a strange look took over her face before she started to examine them in depth. So, I sat down nearby and started to wait.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ash Plains - #SB1 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Spirits [ 270 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB2 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Frost Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB3 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Fire Giants [ 300 G ]
    Ash Plains - #SB4 - B-Ranked - Slay 3 Ash beasts [ 280 G ]
    Ash Plains - #GB1 - B-Ranked - Steal 1 Ice weapon [ 230 G | Unlock Ice Smithing Skill ]
    Ash Plains - #GB2 - B-Ranked - Steal 1 Fire weapon [ 230 G | Unlock Lava Shaping Skill ]
    =======================================================
    Welcome back Baldy-kun!

Huuuuuuuuuummm... I have no idea what could've caused the spirits to turn into crystals... Seems like a weird occurrence, I never saw it happen before... I don't know that much about spirits though...

Well, at any rate, seems like everything went well, so here are your rewards, 1610G.

As for the smithing skills... @shad12ow , how does that work? I'm a bit at a loss here, it's my first time appraising those.

Take care now!

(( Just a note...
    This one paragraph was really confused, you talked about Shadow, but then kept on saying "she" so I don't know what you were pointing at with this one... ))

7. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    typo!

8. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]

After getting the quest, I immediately get out of the city. I wait till the sun sets and the moon rises, because I don't want anyone to see me and it's the perfect time for hunting preys... Once the moon rises, I will immediately begin the hunt.....

-timeskip-

I was using the trees for cover when I smell something foul coming from my west... I got near them and immediately realize they are goblins because of their structure, little body, green skin, etc. There are 5 of them. I sneakily go to the tree beside them. I throw a stone in the bush near the 3 goblins, once they got distracted I immediately pounce on the 2 goblins and slice their throat! Then the three look back and immediately make a loud noise that can call for reinforcement. I threw "bola nets" at them ( predator ) then I pierce their heart one by one. Growl* Here already. I immediately hide again. Another 5 goblin again. I pounced to the 2 goblins while activating savagery. The other goblins ran when they saw that the 2 of them immediately died... What they don't know, that is the worst decision they did. I chase them and eventually killed them more gruesome than the last...

"Hahahahahaha!!!!...." I laughed like a maniac.

After I dealt with the goblins, the next ones are the boars cause I need food.. I activated thrill of the hunt.. I immediately sense that somebody is fighting and many at that I rush to that place immediately. When I got there I discovered that the boars and orc are fighting. I joined in the fight I used battle roar to heal my wounds and savagery to kill.

-1 hour later-

Nobody survive in that bloody battle except for me. I got wound and blood over my body. 11 boar warriors, 16 orcs died huh?

So much bloodshed... This is my kind of place!! Hahahahaha!!..

After laughing to my heart content, I search for medicinal herbs, ' cause I might lose my life by bleeding so much..

Rustle~ rustle~

I notice something moving by the bushes, I leap to trees and hide. I saw an Orc, maybe checking to see the battlefield. After it left I resume finding herbs.
    Once I finished tending to my wounds. I roasted a boar near the place where they are often found, near the river.

I intentionally roasted the boar so I can lure the kobolds out and out they did. I saw three of them, they took the boar and then immediately ran. I followed them to see a camp of them. Must be making preparations to the fight I participated earlier. I aimed for the scouts first. I discovered 3 of them in the east, west, and north of their camp. I placed traps so that Kill them easily. One by one they died, I intentionally let the last one scream so that other kobolds come to this place.. 6 kobolds are all I need and after this I'm done. I made a pitfall trap and place one of their ally bodies near that. Moments later, I saw 15 of them with one of them much bigger. I can't confront them head-on and only 6 of them is what I need to kill. So I assasinate 6 of them just to finish my quest. When I killed the 6th kobold the bigger kobold saw me, I ran and leap to the trees and said "once I got stronger, your next! Hahahaha!!!"

I Finished it.... *Growl
    *Here at reception desk*
    *Waiting*....
    @brasca123

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading it right now, but please edit it to be out of the quote, sometimes my PC bugs with spoilers within quotes and the like, so I prefer if they are normally available.

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    ====================================================
    Welcome back Yoru-kun!

Seems like you're pretty skilled at hunting, good job on getting rid of all of those! Using their screams to attract allies as a way of not needing to search more was pretty smart!

Your reward will be of 270G!

Take care now, good luck on your future quests!

11. AmIaCat

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I'm really sorry. I'll propery do this next time. Good luck me!

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, I'm not reprimanding you or anything of the sort, I just asked you to edit it to make things easier for anyone that wants to read it later, you just need to click the "edit" button and remove the "[ QUOTE="AmIaCat, post: 1489334, member: 68759" ]" at the beginning of the post and the [ /QUOTE ] at the end of it.

AmIaCat likes this.
  13. AmIaCat

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I'm still getting the ropes here, I really appreciate all the help i could get.

but really thanks for all of that.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD7 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    To find rabbits fast I knew I needed bait. But I didn't have the money nor the connections to get the bait. Wallowing in my self pity I wandered the city aimlessly to think of what to do. I chanced upon a skinny black cat in a alley that gave off a resilient atmosphere. The cat and I looked at each other. In that moment I feel we both sensed our lack of luck. Seemingly with nothing to do I just scooped up the cat into my arms. Then I turned toward the north gate of the city to the great plains.

The cat with no name was getting restless. I waited until I was fairly deep into the centers of the plains. As I thought the rabbits would probably be far from the plains border to the city. Finally I let the cat go free and watched it dash through the plains. At first I thought it was happy be so near nature, realizing soon it was just bloodthirsty. In my mind as I chased after the cat I thought thank goodness I'm not a rabbit. You would think that rabbits wouldn't be such easy pray for cats. But rabbits mainly use their hind legs to propel themselves forward while using their front legs to keep balance. The cat however uses all of its extremities to grant speed without needing to balance itself out. Since it runs on it's fours at the same time, instead of just two then two. Or so I assume from my past observations. Ah finally it caught one. I feel bad taking credit for the cats work but well I am sort of feeding the cat.

Before the cat could begin playing with the dying creature it caught in it's teeth. I snatched it away and slit their necks quickly for a humane death. At first the cat was quite annoyed, so I gave the cat some skinned rabbit meat from the foot. The night was approaching as the two of us hunted as many as we could. I ended up with eleven rabbits. Perfect, got one extra for free food the best kind. Then I realized the cat was probably hungrier than myself. As I was about to head back towards the city. I created a quick small fire for the leftover rabbit. I planned to split it evenly with the cat. Alas it truly was hungrier eating practically two times more than me. I scooped up the cat to return to the city. While scooping up the cat I said in surprise "you're a girl?". As I left the cat back at the ally I found her at I pointlessly wondered what it would do next.

I rested the whole day after yesterday's hunt. Since my leg muscles were sore from the continuous full speed running the cat was somehow able to maintain with ease. The day after my rest I headed toward frontier village one of the places I passed by on my journey to the city. As luck would have it about half way to the village the bandits emerged. Lines such as "hand over your goods then you wont get hurt" and continuous taunting that must have been meant to provoke me. I'm a pacifist that detests needless violence. My history of peacefulness (or as my parents called laziness) made me not the best at hand to hand combat. I knew I would be screwed if they surrounded me. So plan A it was running for my damn life. In the midst of my running to some woods nearby I thought "Oh yeah I was supposed to kill these guys right?".

As I ran behind some trees, when their vision of me was gone I used my rapier to stab into the tree. The plan was to get the handle in the tree to reach for a higher branch. Of course my arms weren't strong enough for such a feet. When I tried to reach the branch my arm on the handle lost it's grip. Luckily for me though, one of the bandits was chasing very close to me. Ah, I fell on top of him knocking him out in one fell swoop. The body was left there in hopes of distracting the other 4 bandits. Hiding behind one of the farther trees I watched as the other bandits circled their fallen brother. Taking my chance I slammed the heads of two of the bandits with the hilts of my swords. (How despicable I'm more like a sneaky rogue than the righteous fighter I had imagined.) With the two left just staring in amazement at what had just occurred. I then screamed the best I could "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?". Luckily for me they were foolish enough to turn around. That was the end of that quest. I didn't have the heart to kill them and I wasn't that far from the city. So I dragged their unconscious bodies to the guild. Hopefully they can contribute to society as slaves. If that is a thing here.
    Note: Took the bandits weapons: 2 swords, 2 axes, and a long sword.
    @brasca123

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD7 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    ====================================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Using a cat for hunting rabbits? That's kinda unusual, but... Hey, good job! It was a good idea! Glad you could help a poor starving cat!

As for the bandits... Well, we'll take care of them... I'm sure Shadow has some use for this kind of people, he is good at this.

Good job clearing those quests! Your reward will be of 230G! Take care now! Good luck on future quests!

16. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Crooked Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Put 5 undead to Rest [ 130 G ]
    Before heading to Crooked Mountain I knew I would need some sort of purifying powder or water. I recall that holy classes such as healers and paladins were able to cleanse undead without having to defeat them. Though for a simple swordsman like myself I'll need to smash their bones into rubble before i can purify them. I head towards a shop specializing in alchemical substances and mixtures. Their was an old man who looked to be staring at nothing in front of him. I tapped the bell a couple of times to wake him up. He tried to play off the fact that he was sleeping on the job. It's his shop so I don't really care how he runs it. The purifying powder wasn't as cheap a I had hoped at 5 gold per serving. I bought 5 and on my way to grab the bags of dust the old man told me "I'll knock three gold off if you don't tell anyone". I agreed to the deal of course. After that I left for Crooked Mountain.

Undead had a disdain of light as it somehow made their bodies decompose faster. Apparently the residual mana in the area and body help to keep the it together. Fairly deep into a cave that resided within crooked mountain I saw one. The second my eyes found the undead a feeling of utter dread and agony washed over my body. I had forgotten. It was so many years ago when I was still a child. An army of undead attacked my home. All the screams of the innocent people falling like flies. At the time I was a orphan cowering in fear with all the other children. As we hear the heavy synchronized march of a army drawing closer, our fear reached new levels unknown to us. The caretakers did what their best, eventually everyone was dead except for me who was left dazed in a pool of blood. In the depths of my despair and sanity fleeing something called to me.
    "You do not wish to die?"
    "....."
    "You're not listening."​
    Of course I wasn't listening to some random guy's foreign words in my mind. About to die, talking to my delusions would be a terrible waste of a last breath. Then immediately as the voice stopped talking my body began to move. Moving of it's own volition alien to mine. Narrowly evading sword strikes as I zigzagged through the undead to the exit. I didn't understand what happened. But I knew for certain that was my chance to live another day. My arms close the doors and block the doors by putting a plank in between the handles. The problem was I remained stuck in the church with them.
    "You can't go out there. Their are far more undead out there then in here."
    "Even if that is true, how the hell am I supposed to survive those undead I'm trapped with!?"
    "Oh finally got your mind straight eh~?"
    "....."
    "I no longer can control you now that your mind is back."
    "That's not the issue here!"
    "Just grab a nearby candle and burn the place."
    "....."​
    I wanted to say some sort of retort. However I knew I didn't have the time for such pleasantries when fighting for my life.When my body zigzagged past the undead before. I noticed they weren't slow nor weak with their strikes. The only thing I could count on is that one second they need to wind up their swords before striking it down with monstrous force. I grabbed all the candles in my reach and started setting bits of my old home on fire. At first it was slow then eventually the fire became large enough to swallow the church whole. I hid away into a underground compartment and waited until I was no longer able to hear anything as the voice instructed.
    Back to present day.
    "Hey are you still here?"
    "Ha it's about time you remember."
    "You could have spoken sooner you know?"
    "As you locked away that memory, you locked away my ability to do anything other then watch you."
    "How the heck does that work!?"
    "How should I know? Your the one that forgot about me."
    "I was eight and everyone I knew was murdered right before my eyes. A child couldn't function if they had such a memory."
    "So you just forget as if it didn't matter."
    "It mattered too much that's why I forgot. I'm sorry"
    " I never Introduced myself. Name's Bellum"
    "Ah my name is Exspir"​
    My mind had gone through a large shock remembering such a thing. Bellum then told me I can rest my consciousness by letting him take over my body. We discussed at length what my quest was and how he had to chant last words to put the undead to rest. And so when I awoke I was back in my room at the inn sitting up on my bed's back panel.
    "You got proof of the fallen adventurers right?"
    "Of course I did. Two had some special ring or necklace and the last three still had mostly intact guild cards."
    "That's good I guess. Well I'm looking forward to working with you."
    "And I to you as well."​
    Note: Did not find anything of value.

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Crooked Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Put 5 undead to Rest [ 130 G ]
    ====================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Such a mysterious thing you have with you... At least that being was able to help you out, so it should be okay, thank you for bringing the adventurers belongings back as well, always good to have it.

Your reward will be of 130G.

Take care now!

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Please put the report of all quests you have taken at once, I'll read it then.

19. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay it's just.. It takes me like a day(OOC hour) just to do one quest. :(

20. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Lizardmen [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Cyclops [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC2 - C rank - Slay 5 Hard beetles. [ 200 G ]

My recent quests brought me something that I probably should’ve noticed long before now. Hunting anything that’s B-rank in power is quite boring. Before my soul was burnt out, I went ahead and murdered anything that seemed fun to fight. Along with that, doing quests got quite boring as the power levels of those things were simply too low to resist and I am faced with that same dilemma right now.

I could do the third level of the trials but that’s a little far fetched as of now. I’d need to be at least 5 times more powerful than I was at my peak to do that if facing the hydra taught me anything. So, unless I wanted to take a trip to a land filled with S rank and above, all I currently could do would be to raise my rank so the quests available to me would grow increasingly difficult.

Of course, how difficult that really is might not be the level that I wish for but I’m going to have to make due. With this in mind, I picked some of the easier quests so I could rank up faster. Getting myself to the great plains, I looked around and was feeling quite a bit nostalgic. I remember when I was fairly new to the guild, this was the place that I went to a couple times in the beginning. I’m pretty sure I corralled some kobolds and had them fight gladiatorial style against my summons.

With this in mind, I made my way through the plains in search of anything not affiliated to the guild. The slimes and goblins were basically everywhere so dispatching the required number was as easy as lifting a finger. The lizardmen were a little rarer but were still quite easy to find in groups and a quick casting of a flame blade and I’m sure some other monster would have a healthy serving of burnt lizard meat.

Rampaging rhinos were quite strong if they built up some momentum and usually, adventurers that hunted the wouldn’t allow them to build up the momentum but it was all the same to me. If it rushed, then I grabbed and crushed the skull or some other fatal point. Same with the cyclops in the area. All in all, there wasn’t much to be said other than a man walked through the great plains and went down his shopping list.

Finally, the beetles themselves were a little annoying to find since they were burrowed underground and I didn’t employ any detection techniques. So, although finding them was tough, a quick wave of my hands shot out a light that split them and the ground down the middle. This task was extremely boring but hey, what could I do? After I destroyed heaven, the number of times my life has been in danger has decreased dramatically.

So, this might be a good thing, but a stale life like the one I was currently leading wasn’t exactly something I considered fun. Though, there are some light spots here and there, mostly I’m just bored out of my mind. Heading back to the guild, I wondered if anything in this world could spark that fire that I had lost. However, as I saw the familiar face of a shady looking pedo, my train of thought ceased.

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.