Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    Stands back up on the wall he made after spending quite some time on recovering
    "Heh, that was some crazy displays of magic earlier, hope no one was caught in those big blasts, and what now... more monsters are heading this way as well as adventurers... what to do, what to do..."
    Jumps down from his wall and rushes over to the ice fortifications while murmuring "hope the wall I made wont be needed, would be for the better"
    Jumps up on the ice and surveys the area for a better look at what is going and shakes his head at the scene
    "ah well... here goes"
    Proceeds to jump down from the ice wall and sinks into the ground, and rushes towards a group of charging adventures and starts to drag down their legs into the ground so they no longer can charge towards the camp, hopefully disabling them for awhile.

((anyone who passes by feel free to knock out trapped people or something they are not going anywhere soon, hopefully...))

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    udonsage, Jibs, Quaesitor and 5 others like this.
  2. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nya nya? There is a weird adventurer attacking wildly nya?

He is killing monsters nya... Should I hit him nya? He seems weird nya...

Let's ask him out nya!

"Weird dragon adventurer nya! Should I knock you out nya?"

*dragon arm swings on Alice's direction*
    *Alice dodges*

"Nya? Bad! Bad and evil dragonman nya! I will beat you down nya! Gogo Pico Pico Nyahammer nya!"

*Bam whoosh Gakam*

"Stop dodging and blocking nya! Let me knock you out nya! Oh wait, I can use ice magic nya..."

I jumped away from him and put my hands on the ground nya, my magic spread through the ground nya, it started freezing him nya, he tried jumping away, but I made a prison of ice on the place he landed nya!

Then I quickly ran towards him with my hammer nya!

"Go to sleep nya!!!!"

*BAM*

"Job done nya! Back to camp you go nya!"

I got the fainted man and brought him back to camp nya!

OOC: Is this okay with you nya? @aueneg

udonsage, aueneg, Jibs and 8 others like this.
  3. Blank9

Blank9 Interdimensional Traveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, I'm tired.I took another potion to recover from my exhausted condition.

The monster kept coming as though there was no end. Due to this outbreak , the raid was extended for another day .

The frontlines was was quite crowdy. The adventurers and monsters ratio was 1:5. So everyone was tasked to take out at least 5 monsters.

I lifted my blade and rushed to nearby monsters and insta-killed them . Currently my skills were on cool- down.So, I was fighting with my basic swordsmanship.

The backines were backuped with numerous healers which made it quite easy to defend the recovery point.

Guild staff warned the adventurer that another wave of monster were coming.

Whosh

<Swift>
    With my increased speed , I slashed the incoming monster.

Gwaaaaahhh

The monster was enraged and I kept moving past the numerous monster to weaken while the magicians took them in single hit.

<Blade Ascension> I activated my skill to kill another monster .

I could see endless horde of monster in front of me . This was already the 9th wave.

Today's gonna be a long day.

4. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    *Huff Huff*

Charles panted heavily as he finally reached the camping area, he could only curse his own foolishness for cursing himself with a powerful curse.

As soon as he did so, he noticed the airship which delivered some of the adventurers through the battlefield went to fly back towards the guild's direction, then he realized the strange turmoil that was taking shape. Most of the adventurers on the frontlines were engaging on in battle with their fellow comrades that was left behind to defend the site.

Charles could only think of one reason, and it was mind magic.

It was strange for adventurers who shares an indomitable bond with each other fight one another, thus it could only be the most logical reason behind all of this.

However, if this turned out to true or not, he could not carelessly attack everyone that was brainwashed. After all, he did not know the current general state of things, so he could only advance with precaution.

He could not begin to imagine the punishment that will land upon him if he were to make a rash move, especially in his present state where he is severely weakened.

"Why is everything against my favor...?"

5. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    --- Meilin's Summer Report, Entry #002 ---

Unfortunately I can't write too much for this entry as Ton and I are on the run from a group of enraged yetis at the bottom of the chasm. As of right now, my goals can be summarised into three main points:
    1. Find Sat'r
    2. Escape the chasm
    3. (Important) Teach Ton how to differentiate her left from her right (Important)
    PS. We're being chased by the yetis because Ton thought that it was a good idea to ask for directions
    PSS. As a matter of fact, I think I forgot to tell Ton that we were in the middle of a raid...

--- Entry #002, Fin ---

Meanwhile inside of Meilin, two sentient beings were having a discussion

"Hey, is there something wrong with your sister's head?" (??? (1))

"Isn't that a little too rude? Actually the more important question is: How come we're attached to Meilin?" (??? (2))

"The egg probably felt a better synergy with her in her moment of self abandonment." (??? (1))

"Well, at least you're no longer parasitising off of Ton." (??? (2))

"Rather then being worried about others, shouldn't you start worrying about yourself? My body is almost ready to hatch, and without the egg, you'll be left to wander around in limbo." (??? (1))

"And whose fault is it that my body got destroyed?" (??? (2))

"The spiritual frying pan was good sustenance for my evolution..." (??? (1))

"Are you honestly listening to yourself? You're admitting that eating a kitchen appliance is good f-" (??? (2))

"ENOUGH! Time's running out and I'm going to hatch soon. What are your plans?" (??? (1))

"Well, with the way things are going... I'll probably act as Meilin's spiritual grandmother and lead her down the right path." (??? (2))

"*snicker* As Ton's babysitter?" (??? (1))

"*cough* Either way it doesn't matter, Meilin seems to be a promising child. But let me warn you Niohogg, if you dare bring Ton any harm..." (??? (2))

"Calm down Fry, although I won't easily submit to Ton, she's still the mother of the Tonragon line. Although incomplete, she still holds some sway over my actions." (Niohogg (1))

"Then I'll drop this issue for now... sigh... but seriously Ton... of all of the available directions, you still chose to run towards the one with the highest concentration of ice particles..." (Fry (2))

--- Meilin's PoV ---
    I don't know why, but I suddenly have an urge to turn around and run the other way...

Clown333, udonsage, Jibs and 7 others like this.
  6. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    After I got back from my quest. I saw the adventurers fighting each other. "Hmmm.. Better check the situation.."

-Minutes later-

"Mind control.... Huh?" I immediately realise what's happening from the adventurers talking. I'll go help, I'll focus on the monsters 'cause killing them is easier than knocking out adventurers.

"Hahahaha! *Maniac laugh* Let. The. Hunt. Begin!"
    I immediately activate thrill of the hunt and rush to the battle field.
    I directly pounce to one of the monster and kill it then I activated battle roar ( skill ) to fear the enemies so they won't surround me. While they're still in the fear state, I resume the killing.

*Slash* *Slash* *Pierce* *Screaming Everywhere*

"Hmmmm... So much bloodshed...This is my kind of PLACE!!"

OOC: You "can" put my character in your story, but, I'll probably can't reply immediately 'cause there might be no internet connection to where my family and I going. So Goodluck with the defense!

7. Zek

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragging himself, Charles dashed forwards to protect the site from the charging flock of enemies.

The horde he encountered consisted of two low ranked adventurers whose face he was familiar with, and one Yeti which differed greatly from the others of its kind.

It had an unnatural defined body, and pointed pillars of cold ice protruding from its back. There was no light to be seen in its eyes, like a frenzied monster with no clear aim but to wreak havoc.

Seeing such a figure, Charles could only sigh once again. This is the third time fate inconvenience him in some way.

"I guess I should start of with these two, Abysmal Ground."

Looking at the two adventurers, Charles focused his sight on the ground. Then at the same time, an obsidian colored smog pervaded the ground. Beneath it was a deep black darkness, a portal which allowed to transfer one to the very depths of the abyss.

Bit by bit, the adventurers slowly sunk until nothing of them remains on the area. After that the portal vanished with also not a single trace to be found.

"Now that's out of the way, let's get to the main course."

Darting his gaze on Yeti which was still confused to where did the two went, Charles used it to his advantage to gain fire essence from nearby insects. His mouth bloated as the energy began to stock up, then while positioning his hands in front of his mouth, Charles roared.

"Purgatory Cockroach's Roar!"

The accumulated fire essences were fired, letting out a vast sea of inferno that swallowed everything that was in his line of sight. The piles of snow evaporated unable to stand up to the heat of this raging flames. With this, victory was assured.

---However, when it dispersed, the Yeti was still standing, now completely enraged.

Sweat gushed forth on the back of his head, as Charles realized the fact that insects are fragile and inactive on cold climate, to which meant even if he could garner enough essence, it'll still be weak enough to do an actual damage.

"I-i'm sure we can talk this out, right?"

Charles tried to avoid the inevitable to no avail.

The Yeti charged, knocking him out cold.

Clown333, udonsage, Kuma Desu and 7 others like this.
  8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    What. What's happening. Why are they attacking us? Aren't they allies?

While I am confused about the new situation, one of the strange adventurers charges at me, attempting to slash me with his sword.

"Outta my way, idiot!" I shout and use Martial Projection: Fire to quickly counter his slash, knocking him out. Or rather, it would have knocked him out if I weren't physically weak. While he attempts to stand up, I am tempted to kill him with a hatchet.

But no, the guild forbids that. I frown and just conjure some paralytic poison around him. That should keep him from standing up for a few hours. Next is- a fireball gets thrown at me from somewhere. "Dammit, I suck at defense!" Hurried, I pull all of my accumulated negative energy around me in an attempt to protect myself.

The world around me turns black and white, and seems kind of distant. I can feel how the negative energy slowly seeps into my body, slowly draining my life. If anyone were to look at me now, they would barely be able to see a dark silhouette of me, almost invisible.

The fireball smashes into the negative energy and dissipates after burning some of it. At least that- I cough up some blood, hurt from the negative energy, and the shroud I made with it disappears.

But the injury is there, and I kneel on the ground in pain, coughing out more blood. "Haa, ha- *cough*, ugh, ****, *cough* *cough*, it hurts..."

I look up only to see a few goblins charging at me. How much bad luck do I have, that even a Fortune Drink can't cancel it? I manage to slowly stand up while coughing out blood once more, trembling from pain.

Barely able to point Vein at them, I cast Vein Burst and see them drop down, bleeding all over.

After coughing up blood once more, now my entire mouth is filled with its taste, I attempt to withdraw from the battle.

But I don't come far with my trembling steps before a muscular adventurer grabs me from behind and lifts me up, then begins to walk towards the mine. He's an enemy, isn't he? His steps that disregard my injury cause it to worsen, and me to cough up a lot of blood, unable to move in pain.

Why, this- dammit! It hurts like hell! I somehow manage to take out a hatchet from my robe and bring it down on his stomach with as much force as I can muster. As the stomach is the softest point of the human body, it gets embedded deeply and I pull it out. The adventurer staggers and then collapses. Now also coughing up blood like me. Serves him right.

With trembling hands, I take out and drink another Fortune Drink. And my pain lightens a bit. It actually helped, goo- *cough* it hasn't healed completely...

I slowly crawl towards the inner base camp, leaving behind a trail of blood. But I don't get far before everything turns black and white again. And this time, it hurts my entire body, while no one seems to notice me. "Ahh... it hurts... so much..." But my coarse voice is heard by nobody, as I seem to slip away from this world.

OOC: I don't need help, just some time, pancakes are life.

Clown333, udonsage, Kuma Desu and 8 others like this.
  9. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    "The bastard broke my staff!"

My shout caused other adventurers around me to become surprised but I didn't care. The one I was fighting at the moment lucked out in his timing and sliced my staff in two. His weapon must have been in such good condition but I hardly cared. He broke my staff. Now I was stuck with two imrpovised weapons. What was even more irritating was the fact that he didn't even break it in equal lengths. The side with the spikes was at least a foot longer than the other.

"Damn it," I mumbled under my breath.

I dropped the shorter one and held the other with two hands as if it was a sword. Right hand near the bottom while the left directly on top. The man rushed at me with a disturbingly dazed expression and swung his heavy sword in my direction. I side-stepped and chopped down with both my hands on the broken staff and hit his sword near the hilt.

The blow from my weapon was heavy due to the fact that the slash heavily relied on its metalic, spiked end causing the adventurer to be stunned enough and loose grip with his sword. While he still hadn't gotten his bearings back, I crouched low and grabbed at the shorter end of my broken staff and made a wild swing towards his head. The force of the blow was so strong it actually caused his helmet to fly off. The man fell unconcious on the floor.

"Hey! We're not supposed to kill them!"

Shouted a girl from behind me. I gave her a cold glare of disapproval making her wince away at me. Glancing back down at the man on the floor before me, I scoffed.

"He'll live."

The girl gave a small peek to the passed out sod and sighed in relief. Before she could say anything else, a wave of goblins came at us. Right. Monsters. There was that problem too.

With the broken halves of the staff firmly gripped in my hands, I decided a release of tension was needed. Poor goblins were going to be in the receiving end of my irritation.

fuzor100, AliceShiki, Nurman and 8 others like this.
  10. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    ."What?"
    The group was very confused as the girls shifted out of the way towards the cave.
    "Damnit! I thought we had a thing going on!"
    Well nothing they could do -they did yell out loudly...
    And there was no time to continue rambling about the lost opportunity.
    While the girls and the greater ice elemental did shift out of the way, the horde did not.
    "Goddamnit, we can't keep this on any longer!"
    "We have to make a retreat!"
    The sounds of clashing brawling, and other sounds of the battlefield were creating a cacophony as the adventurers started taking steps backwards.
    "Look their are more adventurers over the- GAHH!"
    A adventurer spotted some fellow adventurers within the horde, but as he was calling out to them, he suddenly got shot in the knee.
    And a adventurer amongst the horde was pulling another one.
    "Whats going on- FIREBALL!"
    "Why are you fighting us?! Aren't we comrades?!"
    The retreating group was suddenly thrown into confusion as their own allies turned on them.
    Chaos made its presence known as they continued retreating, this time much more speedily.
    Eventually, as they backed off into safer ground, they made a quick condition check on both themselves and whatever the hell happened.
    "Is everyone ok?"
    Thankfully, everyone seems to be still amongst the living...but some are in rather critical condition! We need to rush them back to camp immediately!"
    "Speaking of which, what is with our own adventurers attacking us?"
    "I don't know-"
    Then, the announcement that revealed everything came.
    "Damnit...not only are we faced with our own firepower, we also have one hand tied to our back in this situation."
    "We should move NOW. Time is not waiting for us, the horde is still right behind us, no way we can activate the trap to help ease it since we might hit a fellow adventurer..."
    "At this point of time...the best option would be to take the defensive at the icewall!"
    "Go go go!"
    As the adventurers retreated, they helped to support the more severely injured adventurers they found on their way, and another adventurers too joined in the group's retreat.
    Hubo sighed as he looked at the damage in the surrounding region and the injured scattered around, as the adventurers in the group tried to provide assistance.
    "How many have been heavily wounded, how many are crippled for life, and how many will never come back, I wonder..."
    As he shaked his head a bit, his eyes suddenly widened as he saw what lied ahead.
    "YETI! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS KIND?!"
    The group had ran into a particularly strange looking yeti, those pointed pillars protruding from its back the definite difference that set it aside from the others.
    As strange it was, it was far more menacing with its lifeless, dead eyes.
    ((Yep, we are near @HOMOSENSEI lmao))

Clown333, udonsage, fuzor100 and 9 others like this.
  11. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC(edit) : strip out version 1 revised, I'll just post that after the raid is over since it doesn't change anything. Total word count: 732 words for part 2.]
    Some of the adventurers headed towards the mines while others flung their elemental magic at the ongoing monsters that pour from here and there. Jean on the other hand was simply looking around himself, trying to figure out what he should do.

Everyone is acting like a well oil machine…it is only I that stand around like this. Jean thought as he looks around a bit more. Then he grips the hilt of his blade and head towards his right side. A white cat silently follows him without being noticed by anyone, even Jean didn’t notice it.

Seven goblins charge towards him swinging at him with their weapons, some had axes while the others held long rough crafted stone spears.

Pulling out his sword, he unleashes a gale of green wind that slices through all seven of them into pieces. At the same time, a few of goblins to his left were able to sneak attack his stomach but they suddenly fell into a pit for some reason.

That’s strange, does the mine have sink holes? He thought briefly before having to fight off another group of goblins. Once again, he was fighting more than he could handle and was brought to the edge of the mountain.

For once, Jean wasn’t paying attention to the fact that nothing was behind him as he attempts to move his foot back on ground. He first felt the air of emptiness then a slash of an axe before he fell off the edge, tumbling down the side of it.

A white cat jumps off the edge of the mountain and slams its body against Jean pushing him to the right, landing him in one of the caverns of the mine. “ugh…” He groans feeling the deep pain at both his sides as well as his arms now.

The cat was sitting on top of him but got off him as Jean attempts to get up from the rocky floor of the mine. “Nya, sorry about that Jean-kun.” The white cat said while licking its paw clean, then shakes its body, taking the snow out.

A puff of white smoke appears and bam, the white cat transform into a man with white hair and white fluffy cat ears and cat tail. The man is actually a nekomimi that can transform as a cat but unlike his other family members, he has a talent for alchemy and mixed elemental magic.

“Yuri-kun…I thought you were with ?????-san.” Jean said trying to catch his breath.
    [​IMG]
    “Nya!” He held up his hand in a salute position. “Nyu look worried, so I follow you around, to make sure you didn’t get in trouble.”

“Then why didn’t you help me earlier!” Jean smacks Yuri’s head.

“Nya! I’m sorry! I was distracted by the pretty lights again….nya.” His ears droop low.

“Thanks, Yuri. Without you, I would have died a dog’s death.”

“Nya problem! Could I have one of-” Yuri was interrupted by a wolf cried from down the path of the cavern.

“Let’s talk later, provide support please.” He said and dashes towards the path down. A bunch of wolves scatter about here and there down the path. For what reason they found them, who knows.

The first few attacked him brazenly without thought. He was able to push a few of them a few feet back, sliding into their comrades behind them.

He takes a deep breath and tries to concentrate on Emperor’s Crown, his blade’s edge. I am a dancer; my dance is my communication with the world and the world is my stage. He thought as a bunch of mana particles gather around him, as if he was wearing a bright blue kimono.

With each move he made, it flowed like he was dancing and his partners were the wolves falling down in the right beat from the rhythm of the blade.

While Jean was focus on the wolves, a blue staff with five brightly colored gems attached to it appears in Yuri’s hand. A few lights of white astral energy blast the wolves that were coming from the other entrance, giving Jean total control of the stage.

If Jean was the dancer, then at this moment it is Yuri who is conducting the wolves to only follow through Jean’s movement. Perfect unison happened between the two of them, even though they only knew each other for a month.

fuzor100, Kuma Desu, Nurman and 5 others like this.
  12. gkjh

gkjh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of these adventurers sure are eccentric, with their weird clothing and exaggerated animal features. Meh, who am I to talk? Turning my attention back to the battle, I observe the current scene in front of me. The constant burning blue hellscape meant that I was doing my job correctly. In the distance, I could see Beretta dragging incapacitated adventurers – both good and brainwashed – back to the camp for some treatment. Occasionally, she'd pull out her mighty magnum pistol to fend off some unlucky monster. On my right was a line of adventurers armed with every kind of close combat weapon possible. There were then some archers and mages behind them, sending ordinance into the field. Sometimes, an eccentrically dressed adventurer would rush into the horde and take out a few of the monsters before running back to safety. I don't know what they hoped to achieve, but hey, no one told us how they wanted us to wipe out the horde.

To my left was a similar scene. Albeit, they were slightly ahead of us. There was higher ground there, and the monsters had to fight a more uphill battle to get to them. I then spotted a weirdly dressed adventurer crawling back to the lines some distance up ahead. They were going to burn in my hellscape if they continued, so I begrudgingly picked up my flamethrower and somewhat quickly jogged over.

As I got closer, I noticed that she was wearing a bloodied witch costume. Why a mage was so deep behind enemy lines, I don't know. But hey, to each their own. Anyways, I couldn't just let her crawl until she burns in flames right? As I close in, the figure collapses as if dead. Well, she looked dead. I could see her breathing by the time I was right above her. Her eyes were glazed over as if she passed out with her eyes open. Bending down and checking her pulse, I decided that she was just anemic, not brainwashed or bleeding out. Grabbing her and throwing her limp body over my shoulder in a fireman's carry, I picked up the guild card that had dropped out of a pocket. 'Sentina ' it said, but I couldn't read this planet's language. So it meant nothing to me really.

Trudging through the blue, fiery wasteland, I finally reached the embankment that Beretta and I set up; after a good three minutes of making sure the witch on my shoulder wouldn't catch fire of course.

"She a friend?" Beretta quipped

"Should be, just anemic, sir" was the reply

Roughly tossing her onto the pile of unconscious adventurers somewhat behind our blockade, I turned back to the packed wall of slowly melting snow goblins and mountain wolves. There was a yeti in here too somewhere, but the flies had probably gotten to it long ago. The rough pile of bodies were of dead monsters while the rough pile of bodies were of unconscious 'allies'. The one in front would go up in flames after the battle while the one behind was slowly being diminished every time a guild medical staffer came by and dragged the wounded and unconscious away from the dangerous frontlines. Sentina would be fine... I think.

Clown333, udonsage, Siostar and 12 others like this.
  13. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    Adventurers are storming the front, raising their battle cry while evading boulders-sized ice blocks and arrows shots. Some of the adventurers in the back rows giving their response by providing counter protection and releasing barrage of magic attacks. Mostly now, the sky is lit with rains of fireballs. Not only that but also barrages of light strand and explosions here, there and everywhere. Soon after, the close range battle could not be avoided. And the prove to that were the clashing sounds of weapons and the colors of blood. Vivid and bright in the white snow. So the battle amidst the mountains cold.

Crowen for himself, had anticipated this thing to some extent.

"Well. somehow he was sure that things will become like this anyway" so he thought, while he released three of his arrows to the Yeti far from his position. Resulting in three consecutive explosion which crumbled the Yeti torso and face. And so the Yeti stumbled like a building lose its supports in its own weight.

That arrows he had just shot was Explosive Arrows. Made by Master originally, until he could just made it by himself. Since monsters here are particularly weak to fire and crushing attack, he thought that using fire-crystal tip arrows and explosive-attached arrows will be effective. And it was. More than he predicted perhaps.

For the Mountain Wolf and Snow Goblin, he could just use his steel arrows just to add the momentum in order to deal instant decisive blows. Using big calibre arrows is altogether effective also. He had seen someone using big crossbow piercing a Yeti not while ago. Arrows so bizzare in size and weight in the air then piercing the monster. When the head struck, the arrows are basically tearing the flesh, spraying the blood over the surrounding. Made the organs inside out. Weaken them by its pain it has inflicted if not for the intense blood loss. But for him, most his shot were ended up in the head if not in the left torso.

"Head, or heart" he said.

For all he knows, monsters will desperately resist for their own instincts. To live. Same as he would, same as they would. Thus the battle lasted. Fierce and became more intense by every waves and hordes. Simply put, it became worse.

"Oh my...."

Seeing the number of approaching monsters, most of the adventurers couldn't help but saying that.

Hordes of monsters are seemingly having no end. Increasing its numbers by each waves. Now in the east side of the base camp adventurers are rounding up by orders given while at the same time pushing their advantages and disadvantages they have. Time maybe is the thing that they may need now. Arduous and strenuous battle and kill are definitely straining them now.

Left and left untold are just the things that may never be spoken. Only the struggle are left and those are not even worthy to be told to others. Not helplessness but repetitive of weakness and same action repeated. It was something that could not be changed but by the will of time itself. Turning into the turn-point of fate, chains of eventful and strange events altogether.

"..venturaeque hiemis---"
    OOC : Done~ I just separated mine into two parts~ Thank you for telling me @brasca123

udonsage, fuzor100, Kuma Desu and 8 others like this.
  14. Zek

Reading List:
    Link
    Charles lied helplessly on the ground as the snow continued to pile atop of his body, while dyeing the area in crimson red with his own blood. There was a huge gaping hole on his chest, and his limbs were twisted to an impossible degree.

Of course, even when weakened, he was still effectively immortal, one that doesn't succumb to death. Unless there's a special force which prohibited him from recuperating, no matter how grave an injure he receives, he will recover from it nonetheless. But although he cannot die, it does not give him immunity to pain. He can yield to it like any other else would.

However, he has suffered much more. This is at the level where it'll amount to nothing.

Charles got up on his feet, and immediately found his target.

The Yeti seemed to have encountered a group of adventurers that was retreating temporarily to mend their wounds.

"YOUWRETCHEDBEASTHOWDAREYOUDOTHATTOMEKNOWYOURPLACEYOUMINDLESSFOOL!!"

Charles yelled as he spatted those words nonstop in a single breathe.

He spun his limbs intact and rotated his head to its original position. While his face was still distorted with anger, multiple ripples on space appeared at his back. In it were weapons which halfway peaked through, and another one that had an unusual weapon dropping down.

It was rounded in shape and had a dull tip, with intricate designs embedded on it. It neither looked like it could pierce nor can be used to slash object, more than anything, it looked more of a blunt weapon instead. If it was to be described in a few words, it looked like a luxury for display rather than a weapon that's used on the battlefield.

Charles grabbed it and went into a piercing posture, and chanted.

"G*TE OF B*BYL*N!!!"

The weapons on each ripples fired off at a ridiculous velocity, bombarding the Yeti. And as if still not satisfied, Charles dealt another blow.

"EN*M* EL*SH!!!"

Charles thrust the weapon he held in his hands as soon as he said so, generating red gales that was capable of severing space itself, which appeared along the lines of a reddish torrent. It was on the magnitude which even this peculiar Yeti was sure to die from.

---But.

"Dammit-!"

Charles spat a mouthful of blood, stopping the attack almost immediately right after it was launched. Then, after staggering for a while, he lost consciousness.

OOC: This is my last post for a while. @Greater Infinity this is all the support I could give, you do the rest or something.

Clown333, udonsage, fuzor100 and 7 others like this.
  15. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    They manage to corner the elemental. This is good! I can go with my plan immediately!...Oh grandmother in heaven, give little Elyn strength….to fight with my friends…to protect them….To survive…

"Elyn! Now!"

“Y-Yes!”

I slid next to Jibs and immediately focus my concentration into supplying mana into the cave surface. I need to do this fast. Right after that, magic circle glowed inside the cavern. Just as expected, that alerted the elemental. This in turn made the monster throw some icicle towards me and Jibs. I c-can’t dodge that!?

“Watch out!”

Sound of metallic object rings in the air as the flying projectile is swatted out of the air. Then the appearance of Aika and Blanc come into view with their weapons on hand.

“T-Thanks, girls.”

“Don’t mention it. Just concentrate on the spell, Elyn.”

“Y-Yes, Blanc!”

I can’t fail this one! Once again I resume my focus on the mana flow and then spread the magic circle. At first the circle looked rather vague, but as more mana has been supply, the circle turned much clearer.

Freezing wind that affects everything, give me foundation for my feet. Ice Blocks!!!”

I clapped my hand and then the magic circle let out a blinding glow. Seconds after that, the giant elemental is trapped inside the cavern by the jotting ice blocks. I also made it so that the back side of the cavern has been blocked off completely, making only the front side of the cavern is visible. But it was just for a second since I then erected my last ice wall to close off the cave completely, leaving only a small hole that I can see.

Loud roar came from the elemental, clearly it was furious at what I have done. But I have no time to be afraid. I need to do this. I need-

“E-Elyn!”

“U-Ugh!”

I almost fell forward as I lost my focus at that time. If not for Jibs that caught me, I would certainly hit the ground. Mana depletion is clearly taking its effect fast. No wonder. Using large scale spell like that in a rush. To still be conscious is already a feat for me. But….I can’t stop now!

“Elyn! Are you okay?”

I could hear Blanc’s worried voice. …sorry, leader. I’m not okay at all. But I have to do this quickly. I could already feel a rising flow of mana coming from behind the sealed elemental. It is clearly trying to break out of its frozen prison. I only have one shot at this.

“…Sorry…”

I shook off my hands from Jibs and then rushed towards the small hole, ignoring the shout of worry behind me. I then pulled out my flame grimoire and then prepare my finishing touch.

O fire that destroy everything it touches, c-come- Ugh!,” I paused due to the pain in my head, but I push on, “F-From the sky, burn down everything that is in your path, leave not a single speck of them for anyone to remember, erase them from this world. F-Fire Storm!”

I put my hand onto the hole and then a large amount of mana flowed out of my body. It went into the hole and then ignited with great force.

“GYA!!!”

I was blown away by the force from the spell and left rolling onto the snowy ground. As I looked up, I could see my ice prison has been blown to smithereens. It was the effect of the fire storm. The fire that has been focused inside the small space literally consume everything. Usually some of the force of the spell will dissipate onto the air if it is done in an open area. But inside a closed space like that, the force will be focused. The result is the destruction of my own ice wall. It is enough to destroy anything.

“….No….P-Please, it can’t be!”

But alas, not everything will go as you planned. I looked up and saw the elemental stood there. It is in a terrible condition. Half of its body has been melted and cracked, leaving only the right arm and a part of its legs. The other half of the body including the head has been destroyed completely.

“..I…d-d-didn’t finish I-*cough*…”

I looked at my hand and noticed that drops of blood on my palm. This is the sign of mana depletion. I can’t even levitate myself. To my horror, the elemental pointed its remaining hand toward me, ready to kill me.

“…help..somebody…help…”
    (( @BlancFrost @Jibs @seriouslynope ))

16. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? It seems that we finally arrived. Airship landed quite far away from the battlefield, but I could already see it. Flames and explosions of all kinds are making it harder not to see it.

This is my first time seeing something like this with my own eyes. Actually, I never fought with anyone before. I was given the ability to see future of my world, so I used it to bring it closer to its end. There was no need for me to fight. Here, it's different. I'm blind. So I need my own strength to change this world. Now that I think about it, I don't even have a weapon.

I'm not sure where to find weapon around here. There were some on the ship, but I have no funds to purchase one. There should be some on battlefield right? Let's start my search there.

After climbing up a rock high enough to provide me with a sight of this part of the field, I lied down and observed both sides.

It seems that enemies I will face in my first battle are mostly humanoid. There are some wolves mixed in, but I will avoid them. Also, creatures bigger than me are no go. I'm not strong and I have no combat experience. To defeat my opponent, I need an edge in some area. Raw strength would be the best. That leaves goblins and few of humans. But other guild members don't kill enemy humans for some reason. There is probably some order in place that prevents them from doing so. Should I ask what is going on first, before jumping in? No. I can say I didn't know if I break some rule like this. It's their fault for deploying people without briefing them.

Now I have targets, the only other thing I need is a weapon.

***​

Adventurer not far away was ripped apart by two wolves. What a great opportunity.

Slowly climbing down, I first check where wolves went. They engaged another adventurer. He seems stronger than the one who was killed, so he should handle them for a while. There are no other enemies walking around. Everyone is engaged somewhere.

With fast steps, I close the distance between me and newly created corpse.

Warhammer. That's not weapon I could use. What else is there? Armour wouldn't fit me, no shield, ration of food, water pouch and finally, a dagger hidden under his shirt.

It's long enough to pierce trough heart, so it's a good weapon for me. I'll take water as well. It could be useful. Now, to find some lone goblin.

Another adventurer fell. It's quite surprising that I saw only three die. Monsters must be much weaker because their casualties are in tens, maybe even close to hundred. Well, it can be explained by monsters fighting to last breath, while adventurers escape when they get hurt.

What interests me in this adventurers death isn't she, but monster she left behind. She was caught of guard by a goblin and killed almost instantly. Left with just enough time, she made her last strike and separated one of its legs. Legless goblin is a great target for me.

Picking up a stone from the ground, I start running towards it. It notices me almost immediately and prepares its weapon. But it's useless. Thrown stone hits head of goblin that can't dodge, disorienting it for a second. That's enough. My dagger pierces goblins chest in place human heart would be.

Taking life with my own hands is quite strange feeling.

I like it.

udonsage, Nurman, fuzor100 and 4 others like this.
  17. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Before you start reading, I'll say this geniunely:
    I really and truly don't know how, but I wrote this up.))
    The group knew that this was going to be a tough situation.
    A abnormal yeti did not spell good, especially considering there was still a horde behind them- they had no time.
    "Damnit, we have to hightail it! We don't have the time for this!"
    "But how?"
    "We just have to pepper it with-"
    Before the adventurers could made their escape plans, however, something very unexpected happened.
    "YOUWRETCHEDBEASTHOWDAREYOUDOTHATTOMEKNOWYOURPLACEYOUMINDLESSFOOL!!"
    "What?"
    Then they saw a person- impossibly mangled beyond what a normal person could withstand suddenly stand up near the yeti and...
    What happened next was him brutally beat the enemy with the multilude of powerful attacks what seemed to bend the fabric of space itself.
    The adventurer's minds couldn't even process what the heck was going on before they saw the yeti being severely wounded, and the person about to deliver the last blow.
    But then he spit blood and collapsed.
    The yeti, although severely wounded, was still alive enough to be utterly enraged, and as he was about to land one last punch on the already wounded adventurer...
    FWOOSH
    ..A barrage of magic and arrows came in its direction, throwing it to the ground.
    While the group of adventurers were no where as powerful as the mysterious adventurer was individually, quantity and unity shone out the most during these times.
    A fireball may only graze a yeti like this, but a barrage of magic and other assorted projectiles, adding that on top of that the yeti was already given a brutal beating?
    That isn't something to take lightly, indeed.
    After all the that, however, the yeti was still alive, a testament to its sheer resilience that even made one almost want to give it a bit of respect.
    Almost.
    "The bastard is still alive?"
    "Well, not anymore!"
    The adventurers than shanked the yeti. Brutally.

18. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    The man was floating high in the sky just above the horde watching in interest. All the blood and gore would have made any person astounded at the sight but for him, he could care less. What he kept his attention on was a woman with a shock of white hair diving into the middle of chaos in earnest. She was swinging around a broken staff and bringing down people left and right all the while, dodging attacks from goblins and wolves.

Even from this distance, he could tell she was accumulating injuries as time went on but she still persisted. Something of this level was nothing for him to be worried about. Rather, he was actually amused that she was so careful not to injure the people too much.

"Levana~" he said in a singsong voice. "Even beasts have souls. Why not just play with them?~~"

However, he knew better than anyone that she wasn't capable of that.

Yet.

"You're not supposed to be here, Surma."

The voice came from an old looking man who seemed to also be flying in the air like Surma was. The younger of the two gave him a playful, reproachful look and said, "Please don't call me that, Old Bones. Surma will hunt me down if he knew about it."

Old Bones ignored him. Their names were never uttered. Fae folk considered their names too precious to speak out loud. They weren't exactly fae but their greed for their names were the same. They kept it secret even among friends. Though these two actually knew what each of their names were, they didn't say it out loud in respect of each other.

"You're not supposed to be here," Old Bones said as he watched the battle going down below.

The man recently called Surma shrugged. "I'm not involving myself with her. She doesn't even know I'm here."

Old Bones gave him a curious stare. "Why are you here then?"

It took him a while until he answered with another playful tone, "I'm just checking her progress."

They went silent and continued to watch the scene. Then, suddenly, Old Bones said with a little bit of humor, "Ironic that she's fighting brainwashed humans when her own mind isn't all that well."

Surma frowned at him in disapproval. "She's not brainwashed. It's just," he paused before continuing with, "sealed off."

"Much good that would do her. Her mother--"

"Ilva," Surma warned with a very serious and dark tone. A complete opposite to his happy-go-lucky mien earlier. "Watch your tongue."

Old Bones glared at him. Ilva wasn't his name but it was close enough to it that he got rattled. Then, he grew furious. "Boy, you're too young to address me in such a manner. I could cut off your tongue and see what you'll do about it."

"You cut off my tongue?"

They had a stare off until Old Bones sighed and turned his attention back towards the battle. "What's your verdict about this incident?"

Surma glanced down and he shrugged. "Lacking. Not all of them have the mental fortitude for this kind of skirmish. Also, too few strong ones. The balance of power is lacking."

After saying that, Surma turned and started walking away in thin air. Old Bones was surprised. "You're not even going to wait and see this end?"

"What for? It will be over soon."

"You're not worried if she'll get out of this safely?"

"She's my daughter," he said plainly and added as an afterthought, "Besides, she can't die here."

The wording of that statement was odd. Another glare was directed at Surma. "You said you weren't involved."

"I'm not."

After saying those words, Surma vanished leaving Old Bones behind. He remained silent as he continued watching the horde. Surma was right. This battle was starting to thin out. It wouldn't take that long for it to end.

Old Bones looked for the shock of white hair that resembled Surma's and quickly found the person. Quietly, he whispered to himself.

"Rakkaalla lapsella on monta nimeä."

Afterwards, he vanished.

[OOC]: My character's father makes an appearance Also, translation for the phrase is: A beloved child has many names.

19. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Chopped the post into half now
    ---
    As expected, the yeti finally left the world of the living, giving out one last unconcious groan before its demise like every other somewhat strong thing in the planet that wasn't canon fodder to whoever was fighting it.
    "Well, now that's finally over with...lets go on!"
    "Yep...Damnit, it seems the horde is catching up."
    "Someone pick the guy...or corpse before we move on! WHether he is still alive or not, we have to bring him back. He's a hero."
    Indeed, it was a miracle he was even alive in the first place. Most of the adventurers looked mournful, thinking there was probably no way he survived that.
    Convieniently, Hubo was the closest one.
    "Well, I'll bring you, or your corpse back, I guess. Whether you still be alive or already in the afterlife, I'll-"
    Before he could finish his small monoluge to the possible corpse, he was then stunned with another trampling of feet and a roar.
    "Holly shit! Is that- ANOTHER DAMN YETI"
    " IT LOOKS LIKE THE YETI WE JUST SLEW EARLIER! AND ITS- OH MY GOD- SOOO MUCH BIGGER! IS IT ITS MOTHER OR FATHER OR BROTHER OR SOMETHING!"
    "Grandfather more likely..."
    Suddenly, a even bigger yeti appeared.
    It looked rather similar to the one before, and even more importantly.
    It was 3 times higher.
    Like, literally THREE. TIMES. HIGHER.
    "INCOMING! BRACE FOR IMPACT-"
    Before Hubo could finish his obvious warning, the kick slammed into Hubo.
    ...Or more accurately, the body Hubo was carrying.
    Whatever was the case, they were propelled into the air.
    Hubo was rather luckily(..you sure?) still relatively in a healthy condition, as the yeti's crushing blow against him had been absorbed by the poor body of the adventurer he was carrying.
    ...However, as expected, the poor guy was much less well off -although he was immortal, so I guess it just matters less.
    ..But would still sting for three years after, probably
    ...So whether they knew it or not, they are still living
    ...But cruel cruel fate had more up her sleeve
    "Oh god, its a long way downnnnnNNNN-"
    The kick had propelled them up a high distance up in the air, and what was below was NOT a comfy cushion.
    But at this point, something else happened.
    Guess what?
    Good news: Fate changed her mind. They wouldn't be falling to their death (Or Hubo at least) today.
    But of course, there is always bad news when good news is broadcased like this
    Bad news? Fate had decided to search through her pockets instead.
    The card that came up said 'Even more grisly fall!'
    How does one achieve a more grisly fall?
    ...A boost, of course!
    So, what happened next was that in the middle of this choatic melee between adventurers, anything could happen.
    And it so happened that for some reason a powerful blast of magic was shot in the sky.
    And somehow, it just was in the right trajectory to hit the poor two.
    "NNNN- OH MY GOD!!!! AGAHSGHABANMS"
    The blast of magic that somehow hit then proceeded to blast them EVEN FURTHER AWAY.
    The only reason why Hubo wasn't already shredded into strips was in thanks of the very resilient body of the poor person, which managed to again take the brunt of the impact.
    Still, Hubo still spit of column of blood -that managed to land in the eyes of the poor person for whatever reason
    Fate, why art thou such a beach?
    "WHHHHHHHHYYYANKADJKANKA"
    As they flew, Hubo then widened as he saw a very familiar cave.
    For some reason, they had flew so far they even managed to reach somewhere so far away.
    "OH NOOOOO"
    But that wasn't what Hubo was concerned about.
    He was more concerned about the fact that he was going to land, and LAND INSIDE THE SOLID ROCK CAVE OF ALL PLACES from what he saw.
    "AGGGH"
    And then they flew inside the cave with massive velocity.

20. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nya... Why are there so many of those here nya!? It's about time those monsters run out nya!

*BAM*

I'm tired of hitting those over and over again nya!

*BONG*

And I'm tired of hitting all those stupid adventurers on the head nya!

*Whoosh*

"No whooshing allowed nya!!!"

*Ticks the adventurer into the ground making a big tock*

I wanna lay down and rest nya... Nya!?

*dodges spikes of ice coming on her direction*

Nya nya? That's a big ice elemental nya... Let's beat it down nya!

*rushes to its way*

"Picohammer nya!!!"

*Tick*

No fun nya... Stupid ice resistance nya... Why does that help against blunt attacks nya!?

*more ice spikes come, jumps away dodging*

"You're annoying nya!! I'll beat you down nya!"

*takes a nearby yeti*
    *uses it as improvised hammer*
    *BANG BAKOON BOOM*

"Nya? Where did the boom come from nya? Yetis don't make boom nya? Did something happen nya?"

An explosion seemed to happen on a nearby mine entrance nya? Are they alright nya?

*Pichuun*

"I need to deal with this stupid elemental first nya! So annoying nya!!!"

*keeps using the yeti to hit it*

OOC: If anyone wants to help with the big elemental, feel free to nya! Though it needs to be at least D-rank to be allowed to help nya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.