Novel Hero Prince(ss)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Ai chan, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, this is a short novel that I'm writing alongside AGO whenever I'm stuck with Felicia's Second Life.

Title: Hero Prince(ss)

Synopsis: This is a story of a time that could've been a long time ago, but not of this world. It is a tale of a prince and a hero. A tale of a hero who fought with all his might and lost so much, yet also gained so much. A tale that will make you laugh (hopefully), cry (maybe) or unsure if you should laugh or cry. Though it must be said, that this is not a typical fairytale.

Who would've known that fairy tale character you would've admired in your childhood was actually not what it seemed?

Genre: Fantasy, magic, gender-bender, trap, comedy

Table of Contents

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4

Summoning @Crimshine , @LivingCorpse , @TheAsianHacker , @CDLevit , @mir who commented on it when I posted the first chapter last time.

And also summoning @Kenpachiramasama

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Scrya, CDLevit, Zenxai and 2 others like this.
  2. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

The year was 156, two years after the crowning of the great King Rufus Melthandios. It was a good year. Agriculture was thriving and the economy was strong. The army protected the border all year around, providing safety and comfort to the populace.

That was, until the first princess Nua Aruca Melthandios came of age. Princes, nobles and merchants came from all over the continent, trying for the hand of the fair princess. The fair princess welcomed all, but accepted none.

The king of Lacros offered a large fertile land.

The prince of the elves of S'lithra offered eternal youth.

The sorceror of a distant land offered immortality.

The nobles and merchants offered gold, jewels and beautiful works of art.

Yet, the princess refused them all.

Until the Demon King of the Dark World came forth and stole her away. None of the soldiers, the knights and the wizards were his match. Yet still, they fought hard. Still, they failed.

Unable to stop the Demon King, King Rufus declared an all out war on the Dark World. Despite the illustrious Crown Prince leading them, the kingdom's armies were forced back in every engagements. For the enemy were forged in the torments of hell, the soldiers of the kingdom who had enjoyed years of peace could not stop their advance. It seemed to be hopeless, until a single ray of light appeared.

The second prince, Aru Nefeskaya Melthandios, then only 13 summers old, stood before the king. He was attired in a sword too long for his arms, armour too big for his build, mantle too long for his height and helm that almost covered his eyes because of its size. He told the king, "I will save big sister!"

"But you are too young," the king said.

"For the kingdom, no age is too young!" the young prince said.

"But you are just a boy," the king said.

"Even a boy can be a man when he has something to protect!"

Unable to persuade the young prince, the king had him arrested and confined. To keep him safe, the king locked him inside a tower, one so tall he should not be able to get away. But the next morning, the prince was gone. Nobody knew where he went or how he left the tower.

Unbeknownst to everyone, the prince was not merely running away. He escaped to fulfill his promise, to save his sister. To be a man, worthy of the kingdom. To be a man who protects his loved ones.

His first opponent was the Bandit King Meclis. With a wonderful display of wind magic, he charmed his opponent. The Bandit King Meclis, a name feared across the continent chose to leave his title behind and became the young prince's subordinate.

His next opponent was the Mistress of Flame, Lysianda, the monster who took part in all of the Dark World's advances. With a sweep of her hand, she could burn whole fields to ashes. Where she stood, not even cinders would remain. Yet the young prince, without fear turned her flame magic against herself and won despite all odds. The defeat of Lysianda brought new life to our soldiers and little by little, our army was able to reclaim the lands lost.

Yet, not all enemies were outside our borders. The greedy and cowardly Count Meleodoros, after knowing the demon armies were approaching his fiefdom, cut ties with the kingdom and supported the demon army with supplies and weapons. Yet, the kingdom could not do anything about it, with the demon armies approaching the capital, the County of Sanori's betrayal was considered of little importance.

The young prince, knowing the strategic importance of the County of Sanori went to plead for Count Meleodoros's support. Instead of support, what he received was an enemy's welcome. He was captured and imprisoned, until he challenged the count to a game of chess. Count Meleodoros could be called many things, but he deeply respected the game of chess. Unfortunately, the count was a prodigy in chess since he was a child. So there was no chance for the young prince to win.

Therefore, the young prince proposed a new game of chess, where the chess pieces were the count's attendants. He took the game further, deciding that both Count Meleodoros and himself become opposing kings. It was a game of chess where both kings put their lives at stake. It was a game where the only way to win was for one of them to die or surrender. The count, bored with the normal game of chess, heartily agreed. With cunning and clever tactics, the count surrendered and now with Sanori again in the kingdom's possession, the demon front lines were also hit from behind.

The resulting rout was legendary. Even three years after, new songs were composed, new poems were written and new plays were performed. It was considered the kingdom's greatest victory and it was later known that it was Count Meleodoros's plan all along. The stupid demon races stood no chance against the cunningness of mankind.

Yet, all was not over. For the demon king's palace was still as imposing as ever. The closer the young prince's party was to the palace, the more enemies appeared. Yet despite the sharp, strong winds of the Dark World and the mass of monsters blocking his way, the prince never faltered. He pushed forward, leaving a trail of blood behind him.

He was stopped at the gate by a fallen angel, the former Angel of Thrones Illuriel Seraphita Docus. The young prince, unable to bring himself to slay a high angel, tried to persuade the fallen angel to step aside. All words were in vain, as the fallen angel materialized the angel blade Galtharus in his hand. The poor prince could barely protect himself from the slashes of the angel blade. In the end, he fell to the ground, exhausted.

As the last strike was swung down, the young prince heard his sisters voice. "Don't give up!" she cried. The young prince evaded the blade at the very last second, now recalling the reason for his journey. He stood up and with all his strength, swung his blade for the last time. The blade broke as it hit the fallen angel's body, but it fulfilled its purpose. The angel fell on the ground, breathing his last breath in the mortal world and vanishing in a trail of light.

"Thou hath proven thyself worthy of me. I shall serve thee to the end of thine lyfe."

It was the angelic sword's oath. As if in reply, the young prince wrapped his hand around Galtharus's hilt. Despite the exhaustion, power flowed into his body. Despite numerous battles, his determination to fulfill his purpose remained strong. Yet, his eyes, flowing with tears of blood, could no longer see the world around him. His once bright blue eyes were burned inside its sockets during the battle against Illuriel. It was now empty, except for the blood that continued to flow from his veins.

Still, he persevered. Everytime he stumbled, he stood again. Everytime he was stabbed, he stabbed back. Everytime he was engulfed in magic, he stood strong. By the time he faced the demon king, only his perseverance remained his strength. Only his will remained his drive. Only his sister's voice guided him.

In the end, the demon lord was sealed and all the demons returned to the Dark World. The princess then returned to the capital safe and sound. As for the hero, the second prince was nowhere to be found.

Some say he fell in that final battle. Some say his body was claimed by the gods. Some say he is still alive to this day and walks the world helping those in need. We may never know, but he is an example to all those who still live today.

------

"Eeh... that's amazing. How much of that was the truth?" a thin man in leather vest and triangle hat asked.

"Oi, don't ask that question. Everyone in this kingdom owe their lives to the second prince. You don't want be stabbed in a dark alley," his companion, a heavy-set man who seemed made of logs said.

"It's just a folktale, right?" the thin man asked.

"Hah?!!! What did you say, you bastard?" another man from the next table stood up, followed by all five of his friends from the same table.

"This is why I say don't question it!" the heavy man grabbed his head in panic.

"If not for the second prince, me and my friends here would've been eaten alive by demon monsters in Carima. How dare you say it's a fairytale!"

"I said folktale."

"We're village folks, we don't understand cultured words!" the man from the other table said as his friends nodded as if it was a fact.

"Hey hey, calm down. He wasn't trying to insult. He's just new here. He's from Galda, you see. Ah, I know, how about I treat you a round of beer?" the heavy man said with a friendly smile.

"Hmph, if you buy a round for my friends too, then we'll forgive you."

The rest of his goons nodded twice.

"Yes, of course. Feska, a round of fire brand for these gentlemen!" the heavy man called to the barmaid at bar in the back.

The barmaid in question gave her usual smile and said, "Coming right up!"

The girl was something like an idol in the village. With hair the colour of wheat straws, skin as fine as virgin snow and a melodious voice like that of a nightingale, she could be said to be a peerless beauty, though that was not her only allure. Despite being a barmaid, she had a certain grace that was out of place in this backwater village. Not just her choice of words, her posture and her demeanour were also reminiscent of someone of high birth. Many in the village believed she was actually a young noblewoman who ran away from home.

Many had proposed to her, all she turned down gracefully. As a result, men chose to watch over her in silence, despite already being turned down. As she never judged and never discriminated against anyone, young men found her to be a good target for their first love confessions. Older men too tried their luck. In some cases, she would agree to a limited courting before breaking it up after a week or two. However, none knew how she chose her potential partners.

Despite the seeming perfection, this girl, Feska, had one debilitating flaw. She was blind. While most men in the village didn't mind it all that much, there were talks that perhaps that was the reason she was in the village in the first place. Some believed due to her flaw, she was matched in an unfavourable marriage. Some believed she suffered misfortune in love that she took out her own eyes in a fit of madness. Some thought she left her home simply so that she wouldn't continue to be a burden. Regardless of the reason, everyone believed there was more to her than what she let people know.

"Five fire brand! Here you go!" Feska the barmaid said as she skillfully maneuvered around chairs, the outstretched legs and the animated arms of the excited patrons with five mugs of ale in her two hands.

Despite being blind, Feska did not act like someone blind. Despite having her eyes closed, she avoided everything coming her way like an accomplished martial artist. Despite being blind, she could easily perceive who was speaking to her, as well as where and how far that person was. Many who frequented The Daily Seasons no longer questioned it, having assumed the reason being a sixth sense of sort.

This tavern wasn't the only place for wining and dining in the village. There were two more taverns, both with their own charm. Being a little far from the center of the village, this tavern's charm was it's peacefulness. Being far from the village center, the tavern was frequented by farmers who just wanted to rest and talk in peace.

However, this tavern's charm was about to be broken this day. For suddenly, two men in bluish boiled leather armour and armed with short swords appeared at the entrance of the tavern. Their uniform appearance was so out of place that the whole tavern was reduced to silence.

Not wasting any time, the men in question scanned the tavern. Their eyes fell on each patron before moving to the next. When they noticed the retreating figure of the barmaid at the rear door, the man with some kind of medal on his chest bellowed.

"Stop! In the name of the king, show yourself!"

Shit, he saw me, Feska thought as she slowly turned around. With every second she could feel her anger rising. After all, this should not have happened in the first place.

"You..." the big man with a medal on his chest looked in astonishment before getting down on one knee and thumped his chest with his right fist as he said, "I have found you at last. Clom of Summerwind greets the honourable highness, Pri-"

"Captain Clom," Feska said gently with her closed eyes and gentle smile despite the bulging vein in her temple, "Would you mind following me to the inner room? You too, soldier."

The two soldiers stood up and followed close behind her as she walked along the corridor behind the bar. She stopped at a door near the end of the corridor and nonchalantly opened it with her small hand. There were already five men inside, playing some kind of card game.

To these men, Feska said, "Good evening, gentlemen. I have use for this room. Would you mind letting me use it until I'm done?"

But of course, the men wouldn't just obediently leave.

"Feska, we already paid for the room."

"Don't disturb, Feska. It's finally my win."

"Go away girl."

"I need another tankard of ale."

Feska, still smiling with closed eyes, released a great killing aura. "GET. OUT!" she said as she continued releasing even stronger bloodlust into the room.

For the two men who were trained to have sharp senses, Feska's killing aura made their knees weak and the bodies shaking, sweating in fear. To Captain Clom, standing next to her felt like being stabbed by hundreds of tiny knives. To the men in the room though, they only felt a strange foreboding feeling as if they'd be murdered if they stayed, so they quietly left through the only door, feeling their fear rising as they got closer to Feska, the source of the foreboding feeling. When they were finally out, they felt like they could sing, their eyes flowed tears of happiness knowing that they could live for another day. It was a strange feeling they as farmers and craftsmen couldn't understand at all.

On the other hand, despite suffering the most from her bloodlust, Captain Clom had nothing but respect for Feska. As expected of the hero who defeated the demon king, he thought. As for the other soldier, he'd just have to change his pants later.

The moment the last of the men left, Feska locked the room and went to sit at one of the now vacant chairs. She looked at the two soldiers in the same room, making both of them uncomfortable. Well, 'looked' was actually a misnomer, for Feska's eyes, being blind, were closed the entire time. However, while the two men couldn't understand it, they could certainly feel her gaze on them.

"Boy... get behind me and start massaging my shoulders," Feska said as she rested her left cheek on her fist, propped on the table.

"Me?" the boy, who appeared to be older than Feska said.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

The 'boy' saluted and dashed behind Feska. With an 'excuse me', he started massaging her tiny and soft shoulders not covered by her commoner dress. Being a virgin, he almost gasped at the feeling of soft skin under his fingers.

"Now you, I shall hear your explanation. No, before that, what happened to Captain Juko?" Feska said while making small groans from her throat as her sore muscles were massaged with the young soldier's strong hands.

"He retired, your highness."

"Oh, he retired! I thought he'd never leave his position. Well anyway, speak your piece and then go back and tell father not to disturb me anymore. A little lower, please. Lower, I said!" Feska said to the captain before talking to her masseuse.

"Your highness! Please come home!" the captain cried.

"Shit, why don't you say it louder, you bastard! So loud that the whole village can hear. Or even the whole county. After all, you're here to cause me trouble, aren't you?"

The captain shrank under Feska's gaze, despite her being blind. "No, we're not here to cause trouble."

"Oh? Then tell me, despite the fact I specifically said not to look for me, the captain of the troops directly under the Crown Prince, the famed Gryphon Knights are here. And you're here to tell me to go back."

Again, let us ignore the fact that she was blind and had not opened her eyes even once.

"There's a big problem, your highness."

"Whatever it is, it's not my problem," Feska dismissed it while moaning from the massage.

"But it IS your problem, your highness. The demon king has returned."

"I've already sealed him. He won't return for the next one hundred years!" Feska stated in annoyance while inside, she was thinking, Hopefully after I'm already dead.

"But he has revived, your highness. He's really back. Our spies saw him and all the demonkin called him the demon king, your highness."

"Could it be another demon king instead? Oooh, that hits the spot."

"Unless there's another demon king whose left horn is cut off with a light sword, no, your highness."

Biting her nail, Feska thought, Shit, sounds like it's really him. Just as I thought I'd be able to live the rest of my life in peace, he has to return and ruin it for me. Damn it, I knew it was too cheap to be real. That fake priestess!

"Your highness, what is in your mind?" the captain said as he saw Feska was deep in thought.

Feska turned her head towards him, "What if I still say I don't want to go back? And you, don't stop your hands."

"His majesty permitted the use of force, your highness. He told us to bring you back using any means necessary," the captain answered while lowering his head and not looking at Feska directly.

"Oh? Force, you say? Are you perhaps that confident with your own power? Should I give that confidence a test?"

The young soldier behind her soiled his pants again being so close to the source of the bloodlust aimed at the captain.

The captain quickly got on his knees and placed his head on the floor between his two hands as he said, "No no, please don't misunderstand me, your highness. This humble soldier only answered your question. Of course my humble self is not a match for the hero who defeated the demon king. Please show mercy!"

Feska thought about it further as the captain kept his forehead in contact with the floor. "Fine," she said as she stood up, "I'll go back with you. In the first place, it's that idiot father's fault for not being able to follow simple instructions."

The captain breathed a sigh of relief as he raised his head.

"Wait here. I have some packing to do," Feska said as she left through the only door.

Soon after Feska left, the other soldier who was used as a masseuse approached the captain and said, "Captain, is this a nightmare? How could the legendary prince in the story become... that?"

"Weld, in this world, there are many things we can't understand. His highness's trials must've been so great, his strife unimaginable to us that it broke his mind. Just remember, this man saved us all at the cost of himself. He deserves our respect, regardless of what he became. Anyway, go change your pants. You're starting to smell."

"Yes captain."

Meanwhile, in Feska's room.

"Shit, I don't have any court dress!"

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Scrya, mir, Yunchii and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

"I was told about this, but I didn't expect you would actually come here looking like this," the king said as Feska stood before him.

"Oh really, father? Did I disappoint you? After all these years, is that all you're going to say?"

"Just why did you become... this?" The king gestured at Feska with his right hand.

"Nothing I'd care to tell you, father. Now let's move on to the real issue at hand."

"Just where did that cute boy went to," the king sighed before he continued, "Well, I guess you're right. Let's talk about the demon king-"

"No father, I only came here to talk about having you leave me alone."

The king gasped in shock.

"I'm not going to get anywhere near that man again, father. Find another hero and let me live the rest of my life in peace."

"B-but, the demon king is a menace to the human world! As a hero, it's your duty to stop him once and for all!"

"I was a hero once. I retired," Feska stated, looking rather bored with the exchange.

"But you can't retire. The kingdom needs a hero!"

"YOU need a hero, father. I've already quit. I'm done. It's no longer my business."

"My son, have you forgotten what you yourself said before that journey? Are you turning your back on your own words?"

As the king said these words, all conversation stopped. The air felt heavy and an overwhelming murderous feeling pressed against everyone present. For those in the throne hall, this overwhelming feeling made them sweat, their bodies tremble and their bladder loose. As everyone wondered if they would all die on this day, Feska's eyes, shut for years, opened slowly.

But what leaked out from the crack of her eyelids was something that should not have come out of a human's eyes. As her eyes opened fully, what could be seen from the sockets of those eyes were not the clear white eyeballs with bright blue irises the colour of the cleanest coasts. It was blue indeed, but it was as far removed from a human's eyes, the difference being akin to the distance between the sea and the moon.

Glowing inside Feska's eye sockets were twin orbs with no limit or boundary. Like twin stars, it shone with a bright light like the guiding beacon of a lighthouse. For those who saw those twin blue orbs, it instilled in them a sense of warmth but at the same time, also a sense of great fear.

For there was nothing human about those twin orbs. If one were to hold back their fear long enough to gaze into those eyes, they would see nothing but a world of chaos and destruction. A world where things were always created and destroyed. Where truth always changed and stability lasted only a fraction of a second. If the eyes could be said to be the window to the soul, then where would these twin orbs lead the observer?

"This isn't good," the prime minister said as he saw the light.

"Thank you for reminding me of that, father. As I thought, I really shouldn't have left those who heard that line alive. I guess I should turn this region into a wasteland after all," Feska said with a sigh.

Spoken by any other person, it would've been seen as a joke. Unfortunately, when the same words were spoken by the hero who defeated the demon king, the same demon king who could destroy the region, nobody knew what to think anymore. Nobody knew whether Feska really mean what she had just said.

Feska meant it as a joke, though. Probably. Maybe. She won't actually kill over a million people just because she is embarrassed, right? Actually, not even this narrator can tell for sure.

"C-calm down, my son. Ah, I know, how about I call the Sorcerer of the Red Tower and ask him to turn you into a lady for real with this message card. That's what you want, right?"

Feska stared at the message card between the king's finger. With a flash of blue light from her eyes, she incinerated the message card between the king's fingers, causing the king to withdraw his fingers in pain. It was clear she had no interest in such an offer.

"I'm not wearing this because I want to be a lady, father," Feska stated.

"T-then, how about this?" The king produced a parchment made of sheep skin. "How about this? Your own land, untouched, fertile and rich with lush forests. It's so close to Sanori, you can see your sister anytime you want."

"See my sister, you say? Would this untouched land happened to be right next to the demon territories?"

"Well..."

"Lie to me, father and I will ensure you regret it."

"It shares twenty miles border with the demon territories."

Feska's eyes shot twin beams of light, making holes in the parchment.

"Rejected."

"How about this? Huge mountainous land and lush virgin forests. It's a bit cold, but the land is huge. Truly good for a duke, won't you agree?"

"And where exactly is this land, father?"

"It's a little complicated-"

"Name of the region, father."

"Umm, Karenka."

Feska's eyebeam again burned through another parchment.

"That's right in the route of invading demons in the last war, father! You're expecting me to take care of your problems for you, aren't you?"

"Then - then do it for your late mother! You know she'd be turning in her grave if she only knew her son would let innocents suffer."

"Father... my mother is still alive. She's sitting right next to you."

To everyone in the room, this was common knowledge. It was unthinkable to them how the king could not know this. As for the king himself, he turned his head to his left.

The queen, sitting by his side, smiled before mouthing out, "My son," without a sound while pointing a finger at herself.

"Ooooh..." the king said as he struck his left palm with his right fist.

"Seriously father, if you can't remember your wives, don't keep adding them! I wonder if you even know the name of big brother's mother."

"Umm, yes. Of course I know that. Err..."

"It's Princess Ceneris, father!"

"Ah, Ceneris. Lovely woman. Very beautiful, very dignified. I wonder how she's doing."

"She died almost 10 years ago, father."

"Oh, so she's the one who died!"

"Who's big sister's mother, then?"

The king frowned. He tried hard to remember, struggled to reach that deep part of his memory that he never bothered to visit. He looked left and right, looking for a hint to the answer, until his queen patted his left hand and in the same way as before, wordlessly said with the movements of her lips, "My daughter."

"Unbelievable, father!" Feska threw her hands up in disgust.

"Look boy. There are lots of things you need to consider when you're an adult. Isn't that right, prime minister?"

Without saying a word, the prime minister bowed slightly. This gesture usually symbolised agreement, but in the prime minister's head, he was actually thinking about something else. Inside, the prime minister was thinking, Your majesty, please don't involve me. I don't want to be turned to ash.

"I'm already 16, father. In a few months, I'll be 17, which makes me wonder why I haven't received any severance gift. I've been wondering if you're expecting me to steal the throne from brother."

"Every word you say is rebellious, my son."

"Or perhaps... you were expecting me to abdicate without any benefits?"

"But I already offered you a large fief."

"You want me to be a freaking wall!"

"Prime minister, this is going nowhere. Summon him."

Him? Feska wondered this person could be. She didn't have to wait long.

"I was summoned and has arrived! Applause, please," the newcomer said as he entered the throne room.

Only a few in attendance clapped their hands. The king being one of them. The rest was too afraid of Feska to do anything.

Feska knew who that was. Even without turning her head, even without using her astral eyes, she knew who that was. The single, most shameless, most obnoxious pervert she had ever met.

"Guards, why are you allowing this crook into the throne room? Arrest this villain at once!" Feska ordered.

Nobody moved.

"Father, explain. If I don't like it, I will make you bald permanently this time."

"Hiiiiii!" the king squealed as he hid behind the throne. "Spymaster, save me!"

Spymaster? Feska wondered what the heck had happened since she left the palace.

"Greetings, Princess Feska. Meclis, spymaster extraordinaire at your service." The former bandit king said as he made an exaggerated bow with a wide sweep of his arms.

"Please stop, being called 'princess' by you gives me the chills," Feska said as she fixed him a narrow-eyed glare.

"Hahaha, please don't be shy with me, princess. After all, we journeyed to defeat the demon king together."

"Don't remind me..."

"You also flashed me your-"

The beam of light missed Meclis's head by about an inch. Meclis's smiling face froze as he imagined how easily he could've lost his head. Despite playing it cool, he almost lost his bladder. Actually, he already leaked a few drops.

"I do not miss twice, scum," Feska said while releasing killing intent towards Meclis.

"Wait, wait, wait. I have information!"

"Whatever information about the demon king is not information I'm interested in," Feska turned towards the king, who was hiding behind the queen. Feska already dismissed her former compatriot in her mind and now simply want to extract an agreement from her father, the king.

"Not the demon king! Though I do have information about that too. Wait wait, I can feel your glare. I was trying to say that guy is still alive!"

"Of course that guy is still alive, that's why they dragged me here."

"No, not the demon king," Meclis said as his voice dropped into a whisper, "THAT guy."

Feska froze hearing his words. She slowly turned her head left, facing Meclis, though it was unnecessary. Meclis could already feel Feska's supernatural attention on him again the moment he finished his words.

"Are you saying THAT guy is still alive?"

"Yes, THAT guy is still alive."

"Impossible!"

"I have seen him myself."

"You are not lying?"

"I'd never lie to you, princess."

"See, that's a lie."

"I'm not lying right now."

"Will you swear it?"

"On my dead wife's grave."

"You were never married."

"It was a matter of choice, not performance."

"Still, THAT guy is alive, huh? Kukuku..." Feska's lips turned into a crooked smile as her chuckles turned into a mirthful laugh.

"THAT guy is still alive! Hahaha, finally! This unfulfilled wish, I can finally end this! Just you wait, you bastard! You are not getting away from me again! Hahaha!"

"Umm, who are you both talking about?" the king asked in a timid voice. His question was of course, ignored.

"Let's go, bast - I mean, Meclis, my good friend! Take me to THAT guy, now!"

"Wait, you're forgetting an important matter, Feska. What about the demon king?" Meclis asked.

Feska snapped her head towards Meclis. Placing her right hand on Meclis's right shoulder, Feska looked up at Meclis's face, several inches higher. As Meclis started sweating, Feska said, "You do realize I can turn you to ash where you stand, right?"

Meclis's sweat formed big drops and dripped from his chink onto the floor. With his shirt increasingly soaked by his own sweat, he said, "It is my duty as the kingdom's spymaster and your former companion, Feska. Please have mercy."

Feska looked at Meclis, a large man, a full head taller than her, maybe more. He was sweating like a pig, his shirt started to turn sticky, his eyes started to be filled with tears, despite trying to appear brave. Feska knew he was on the verge of wetting his own pants too. Feska knew these things, not only because of her otherworldly perception, but because she purposely aimed a torrent of killing aura into Meclis with the contact of her hand on his shoulder.

The fact that Meclis still hadn't wet his pants was proof that he had a strong spirit. As expected of someone who accompanied her all the way to the demon king's castle, despite what THAT man did. Or maybe it was because after Feska went berserk and he had to stop her, he acquired a certain resistance towards Feska's killing aura.

Regardless, that wasn't Feska's problem. Meclis might have been a crook and was a scum with a strange taste, but he was her most loyal follower. Where others, such as THAT guy and that fake priestess abandoned him, he remained with her throughout the journey. Though Feska wasn't sure if it was truly loyalty or simply because he was a different kind of scum than her other followers.

"Fine, I'll handle the demon king. Now take me to THAT guy!"

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Scrya, mir and Zenxai like this.
  4. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... it was funny, especially the Kings Wives part.

I still couldn't write a proper feedback with just 2 chapters. But so far it was interesting, but it feels too rushed maybe? I don't know, it just my feeling. No, the writing is fine. It just the story pace feels a bit rushed. But maybe it just because I'm more used to story with a slow pace.

Huh but wait, didn't you already make a thread for this Story? Why did you create another?

Ai chan likes this.
  5. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? I have? I don't remember. I tried searching for it, but I can't find the thread myself.

6. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's been a long time. So I might be wrong. But I feel like I already read the first chapter somewhere before...

7. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you did, posted the first chapter as a teaser at the end of last year, I think. Or maybe early this year.

8. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. When she/he learned of "THAT guy", she/he's suddenly willing to defeat the demon king? Who's "THAT guy"? His/Her lover? Is this BL? Shounen Ai?

Ai chan likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    A small hint will be given in the next chapter. Please await it. ^_^

10. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    THAT GUY? I bet it the goddess @Ai chan fault he turn into she... And then Ai Chan gonna devour him when the time is ripe!!!

mir and Ai chan like this.
  11. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay \o/ I liked this story, I'm happy that you decided to continue!

12. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3

"So Feska, we should go west," Meclis said after they left the vicinity of the capital city.

"Any reason why?" Feska asked, sitting astride a rare white stallion, usually reserved for royal processions. She had the king release one for her use as early payment for taking care of the demon king. Of course, the king was very reluctant, but the fear of being made permanently bald scared him more.

To Meclis's relief, Feska's eyes were now closed again. Although Meclis was one of the few who weren't afraid of looking into her glowing eyes and one of the few who could appreciate the beauty of the chaotic, constantly shifting world inside her eyes, he was afraid it would scare off everyone else. Not to mention that his life would be in danger for as long as Feska's eyes remained open. He'd never know when Feska would poke a hole in his chest.

"That guy is hiding in a village west of here, on an island-"

"We're not going to look for him," Feska said with a smile.

It almost threw Meclis off his brown stallion. He always thought Feska hated that guy with passion. He couldn't understand why Feska would smile as she spoke of that guy. He really, seriously couldn't understand what made Feska change her mind.

"Can you guess what I'm feeling now, Meclis?" Feska remained smiling as she said this, her hands clasped together like a girl in love.

So Meclis answered with the only answer that made sense. "Umm, happy?"

"Correct! I'm happy! I'm so happy! I'm very happy that he's still alive!"

In Meclis's eyes, Feska really did look happy. Like a girl in love who just found out that her husband was back safe and sound from a terrible war. Or like a girl who had found her true love. Meclis suddenly felt jealous of that guy.

"I can finally beat that piece of shit up with my own bare hands!"

Or not, Meclis thought.

"Then why aren't we going to see him?"

"Because if I see him now, I will end up hugging and kissing him! I am that happy! Of course, I'll follow up with beating him up to death, but that's beside the point. Do you know why revenge is a dish best served cold, Meclis?"

"Umm, I wouldn't know. I've always been on the receiving end, you see."

That made sense, of course. Meclis was the most feared bandit in the region before he followed Feska. In many parts of the region, many people still held a grudge against him. However, a combination of threats and his prowess as 'hero's companion' mostly kept the assassins at bay.

"Right now, I'm happy that he's alive. It overrides all my feelings of anger towards him. I need to wait until that happiness disappears and my anger returns. I need my anger to stew, to simmer in the background until it boils out of me and I can finally use it to deliver the judgement of the gods on that piece of shit bastard!"

Meclis breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't only because Feska wasn't actually in love with that guy. It was also because Feska's anger towards that guy had always of a much higher level compared to her dislike towards his 'special interests'.

"So where are we going now, then?"

"We're gonna go see that fake priestess and beat her up for selling me that fake sealing scroll."

"Oh, the sealing scroll that sealed the demon king?"

"What other scroll would I be talking about?"

"If you're looking to meet Nerys, we're going the wrong way."

"Did the highway change in the three years I didn't ride along it?"

"No, that's not what I mean. She's no longer at Red Rock Abbey. She's now the high priestess of Geryon Temple in the capital."

"What?!!! Turn around at once!"

In a certain part of the capital, a single temple in various state of disrepair stood alone amidst three-storey apartments that had seen better days a century earlier. This temple once held the God of the Good Fortune Geryon in worship, but when the priestesses lost their powers of prophecy a decade ago, those who used to worship Geryon deduced that the god had died and turned away from the temple. On this day, two cloaked figures approached an auction held in front of the temple.

"Last item on the block! Necklace of the mermaid queen Boroburu. Granted to the warrior Amysada for defeating the Kraken overlord of the Kaldar Sea. Not only it allows you to breathe underwater, it also grants you an audience with the beautiful mermaid queen. And you can have this amazing artifact for the starting price of 6 gold!"

"8 gold!"

"12 gold"

"13 gold!"

The crowd went.

As the bidding slowed down at 30 gold, the priestess on the stage asked, "Anyone bidding at 31 gold? This is a priceless artifact! Only one in the world, and even grants you the rights to meet the beautiful mermaid queen! Anyone?"

"100 gold!" A cloaked figure holding up a sack filled with coins yelled.

"Sold for 100 gold! Please come right to the back chambers, good sir!" The priestess said with a big smile while rubbing her palms together.

The 'back chamber' was actually the inside of the temple itself. Despite the general consensus that Geryon was dead, the priestesses, or what remained of them, diligently cleaned the temple and polished the marble idol representing Geryon. However, all the furnishings were in various stages of disrepair, with some broken furniture even piled at a corner and covered with cloth. Just from the look of the inside of the temple, one could tell that they were now living in poverty.

"Heehee, do you have the money, Meclis?" the priestess who lead the auction earlier asked while rubbing her palms.

"Oh, you know who I am. I never could hide from you, Nerys," the man in front who was covered from top to toe in travelling cloak took off his hood. He reached for the money in his backpack and handed it to the priestess Nerys. "Would you like to count it, Nerys?" he asked.

"Hee... no need, no need," she quickly passed the money to another priestess and whispered, "Count it, quickly!" before turning back towards Meclis and patted his left shoulder with her right hand before saying, "We've been friends for so many years, Meclis. I'd trust you with my very own life! Besides, what's money in front of true friendship?"

"Good to know, Nerys. So, the artifact?" he asked with a smile. He imagined many things in his mind, mainly how things would proceed within the next hour. But his imagination would pale in comparison to what would actually happen.

"Here it is," Priestess Nerys said as she offered him a wooden box with the artifact inside. "But I never knew you'd be interested in an artifact like this. Finally looking to settle down? With a mermaid?"

"Oh, it's not for me. You know I've never been interested in fake artifacts, Nerys. I'm just buying it for her. She said she misses you." Meclis had to hold down his laugh.

"Huh?" Nerys tried to look around behind Meclis as the woman behind him came forward and took off her hood.

"Hello, Nerusys. Still up to old tricks, I see," Feska said without opening her eyes.

"Uhh, Feska... why are you here?" Nerys looked around her before she grabbed the priestess who was still counting the gold coins on the table behind her without turning around.

"Do you need me for anything, high priestess?" the priestess asked as she was pulled closer, her face inches from Nerys.

"You, last time you pledged to protect me from any trouble if I become your head priestess, right?" Nerys asked with a whisper.

"Yes, of course, head priestess. You've done so much for us. I wouldn't dream of breaking my pledge."

"Good, then..." Nerys threw the priestess towards Feska as if it was a projectile and cried, "Become my shield!"

"Iyaaaaahhhhh!!!" the priestess screamed as she flew in the air.

Feska with her extrasensitive senses could feel the incoming projectile, though she thought it was a completely pointless and futile action. She evaded the flying priestess with the least effort possible, causing the priestess to crash against the long chairs behind her head first. The poor priestess passed out upon contact.

Meanwhile, Nerys almost completed her chant of teleportation. The magic circle under her feet glowed as the spell started to initiate but with a single command of "Magic Break" from Feska, the magic circle under Nerys's feet shattered. As particles of light scattered around Nerys, she realized that Feska had learned another new magic, and that completely broke the very fundamentals of magic.

"I'm sorry. Were you trying to escape, Nerusys? Don't do that. I missed you so very very very much," Feska said with a smile. With her eyes closed and slanted upwards at the sides, instead of comfort, the smile looked very sinister to anyone who saw.

Instead of being frozen in fear, Nerys jumped away, high in the air using Air Step as she tried to escape through the high window with stained glass. "Hah! You think I'm trying to escape? I'm not afraid of you!"

Yet, she was indeed trying to escape.

"Oh but you should be afraid of me," Feska suddenly appeared in front of Nerys, "After all, you cheated me of my money."

Feska pointed her right palm at Nerys. Her palm glowed white as it accumulate power before powerful light was launched at Nerys in a straight beam. Barely able to escape, Nerys looked back at the gaping hole in the temple wall where the white beam hit.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Nerys screamed as she tried to put some distance between her and Feska.

The magic circle for Air Step glowed under Nerys's feet with each step taken. It was the same for Feska. As Air Step only worked momentarily instead of continuously, both of them had to repeatedly invoke Air Step in their minds and shift their feet to remain standing in mid-air. Although it appeared as if the Air Step magic circle glowed permanently under their feet, in reality Feska actually cast the spell twice every second. Nerys cast it once each second, which caused her stance to look a little less stable than Feska's.

This was a feat considered impossible for most people. For most people, casting Air Step every five seconds was already an amazing achievement. Even so, it couldn't be maintained indefinitely as the mana requirement would be too high. The fact that both Feska and Nerys were able to cast it every second without looking tired proved that both of them were far above normal human being. Even Meclis could only cast Air Step once every three seconds.

"What are you saying? You're like a cockroach. Something of that level won't be able to kill you. Now, let's try again, shall we?" Feska said as she directed another beam of light at Nerys.

Nerys barely managed to avoid it again. She silently thanked her teacher for trying to kill her in the guise of 'training'. If not for the murderous lessons, she wouldn't possibly be able to see the flow of magic in Feska's hand and accurately guess when it would be launched. Normally, against this kind of overwhelming presence, she would either flee or wait until the opponent's mana ran out. Unfortunately, this was Feska, the hero who defeated the demon king, wielder of the angel blade Galtharus and possessor of the Chaos Eyes. She would likely die of old age before Feska ran out of mana.

Faced with no choice, she chanted, "Lord of Thunder, Maroska. I, Nerusys your humble servant requests your aid. Grant me your lightning. Strike this foul creature with your thousand bolts!"

The air became charged with crackles of electrical energy. Within seconds, countless balls of light formed all around Feska. Feska looked around, understanding the true nature of these balls of light, but she was so thoroughly surrounded, she could do nothing to escape when the first ball of light fired. It hit her in the back, shocking her with the power of lightning that would've been lethal to normal humans.

Soon after the first ball of light fired, another fired, and another, and another. Within mere seconds, Feska was struck by hundreds of lightning bolts. However, Feska didn't really care and was just waiting for the spell to run its course. While a single thunderstrike could kill a dozen men, to Feska, even this was merely at the level of 'annoying itch'.

Of course, Meclis was merely human, same for the priestess lying unconscious on the floor. So Meclis, being a normal human, fled carrying the priestess on his shoulder. Being one who had to calm Feska down when she rampaged after sealing the demon king, he knew first hand how dangerous Feska could be. He was actually very amazed that he managed to calm Feska at that time and not being killed in his mad attempt.

Shortly after he left the temple, numerous lightning from the sky struck the temple roof. The people waiting for the next auction item in front of the temple scampered away in chaos, afraid the wrath of the gods was upon them. Meclis could only stand there and watch as he started regretting bringing Feska to meet Nerys.

Meanwhile, inside the temple, both of them were playing a game of tag while throwing dangerous things at each other. Nerys threw ice balls and thunderbolts at Feska while screaming "Die!" repeatedly. Each iceballs were shot down by Feska's eye beams while she ignored the strikes of thunderbolts hitting her body.

Having been forced to stop firing her beam of light due to the fast-paced nature of the melee, Feska now extended her hand, trying to grab Nerys's agile body with Remote Hand. It was a telekinetic technique to grab something from afar which she acquired due to the shared knowledge between her and the angelic blade Galtharus. It was not a magic humans were familiar with. However, since Nerys was a priestess of the gods, she knew exactly what that was.

It soon became apparent that neither side had an upper hand. Nerys's thunderbolts failed to harm Feska and all her icebolts were shot down by Feska's faster eye beams. As for Feska, her eye beams although powerful by human standards, were unable to penetrate Nerys's magic shield. Her impaler beam on the other hand, while very powerful, took about a couple of seconds to fire, allowing Nerys the chance to see the flow of magic and evade it in time.

"I grow tired of this," Feska said as she activated Air Rush, a spell that allowed her to 'fly' through the air at incredible speed, putting her right in Nerys's path.

Instead of crashing against Feska, Nerys performed emergency stop by kicking the air in front instead of under her. She kicked the air again, allowing her to put some distance again as she cried, "I taught you Air Step and Air Rush, little boy! You think I would fall for something like this?"

"But you will fall," Feska said as she appeared again in front of Nerys, having chased her with Air Rush.

Feska, being an excellent air magic practitioner, executed a second Air Rush after her first one. She cleverly calculated Nerys's actions and determined her most likely escape path, allowing her to chase Nerys without a pause. Without a second to lose, she grabbed Nerys's neck in her right hand and performed another Air Rush.

She drove the back of Nerys's head against the hard stone of the temple wall. Using Air Step, Feska pressed Nerys's head deeper against the stone wall, cracking it using Nerys's skull. She dragged Nerys's head against the wall in the air, leaving a long trail of broken stones and blood behind them.

"Now are you going to submit like a good hag, Neru - huh?" for the first time since meeting Nerys, Feska was confused. For the Nerys whose blood she had been painting the stone wall with was no longer in her hand. She wondered if it was some kind of illusion magic.

"God damn it!" Nerys cursed, "Out of all the places it could've blinked me to, it had to blink me back into the temple."

Feska looked down at the floor. Standing on the floor with blood soaking her priestess dress, was Nerys, panting in exhaustion. In her hand was a broken crystal artifact, its liquid content flowed out of its broken container. Before it could drop onto the floor, the liquid disappeared into the air as if it turned to gas.

"Is that an artifact?" Feska asked while still standing in the air.

"That's right. For a monster like you, I shouldn't have held back from the very start. It was stupid of me to think that anything short of a miracle can kill you."

"Good of you to understand that. Now give up and accept your punishment."

"Lord of Light, Neji. Grant me power of the celestial brilliance. Shine your light upon this wretched being of the deepest pit. Smite him in the name of holy light!" Immediately after her chant ended, Nerys's skin cracked in multiple places, as blood exploded from her veins.

This was a forbidden spell that Nerys acquired with great difficulty. It was originally a final suicide spell of the priests of Neji, the God of Light, but she tweaked it so that it only gave her 'a pain worse than death' instead of outright 'death'. She planned to use it on the demon king if he ever tried to attack her. She never thought Feska would return after her self-exile.

She overcame the limitation of 'a pain worse than death' by simply acquiring a blessing from Aury, the God of War, making her unable to feel pain, thus, negating the effect of Pillar of Light. She could do nothing about her burst blood vessel as casting the Pillar of Light power strip her of the ability to use magic for a month. Even if she wanted to heal herself, she couldn't. She didn't mind, after all, it was better than dying. Only a month, she could handle that. The most important thing, was that it killed Feska and that was all that mattered. She rejoiced as Feska was dead at last!

"This is quite powerful."

Or not.

"So you've been hiding this to use on me?" came Feska's calm voice from inside the Pillar of Light.

"Why are you not dead?!!!"

"Hum? I've been to the heavens and back. What makes you think something so flashy as celestial radiance is good enough to kill me?"

"You monster! You monster! You do not belong in this world!" Nerys cried with tears flowing down her face, knowing that she would die in moments.

The Pillar of Light dimmed and in its very center was Feska, protected by a shell of chaotic energy. She stood atop what was left of the temple's floor, surrounded by a crater made by the Pillar of Light. As the Pillar of Light disappeared completely, Feska disabled the shell of chaotic energy and raised her left hand. In her palm glowed a sphere of light of much greater intensity than the ones before.

"But Nerusys, you're kind of pissing me off. Oh well, I'm sure there are other sealing mages I can persuade to help me. Goodbye. I was hoping we can be friends again... Just kidding! Goodbye, Nerusys."

Feska fired the beam of light at Nerys. Feska was not bluffing. She really intended to kill Nerys with this attack, and alongside Nerys, half of the capital city. While she was conscious of what she was doing, she was unable to think of the consequences of her actions. This was the same madness that preceded her rampage after the defeat of the demon king.

Had Meclis been here to see it, he would've immediately jumped in to stop her mind from degenerating even further. But he was not here. He was in another district trying to prevent the kingdom's army from intervening in this battle of monsters. Even if he was here, it was likely to be futile, for even Meclis couldn't understand how he was actually able to stop Feska the first time.

The beam of light, wider than the whole height of any human alive, consumed everything in its path. Wood, rocks even the air was erased when the beam of light touched them. Nerys who could no longer use magic could only suffer the same fate.

But as the beam of light enveloped Nerys, instead of cries of pain, Nerys let out a laugh. "Hyahaha, I got you now, Feska! How do you like my acting?"

The beam of light disappeared as it was absorbed by the magic circle rotating in the air in front of Nerys. At first sight, it looked as if the magic circle shielded Nerys, but that wasn't entirely correct. The magic circle consumed the beam of light to power its spell matrices. For the now powerless Nerys, only her talismans were of any use.

"Hyahaha, have you forgotten who I am, Feska? I am the precious daughter of the greatest artificer of all time, Lamius of Jarhan. I alone hold the majority of my father's creations. I alone knows enough of them to use and replicate them!"

"I see, it's an artifact. Well, I wonder how much magic your artifact can absorb," Feska said calmly as she gathered magic for another beam of light.

But nothing happened. Feska was very puzzled by that. As her madness was still not sated, she could only stare at her hand like a confused child, wondering why it wouldn't work. As long as she was in this state of madness, her higher brain function was extremely limited. As long as she remained in this state of madness, her mental capacity was lower than even a six years old child. It was the same as when she forced her way through the throng of demons on her way to the demon king's palace three years earlier. Just like back then, at this moment, she was no different from a wild beast driven only by her desire and instinct.

Suddenly Feska felt something grab her legs. She looked down under her tattered dress. There, from the floor under her feet numerous shadowy black hands emerged. One after another, they grabbed hold of Feska's legs as the ground cracked, releasing flames and embers from underneath the floor. She tried to kick the legs, but even more hands came out from the floor underneath her and even from the surface of the crater. Hundreds of shadowy black hands grabbed not only her legs, but also the rest of her body. Some of the shadowy hands with impossibly long arms even firmly grabbed her head.

Despite being in a state of madness, even Feska felt a little bit of fear creeping up her heart right now. As the ground underneath her crumbled away pulling her down into its fiery depths, she could only scream in fear as her nails clawed at what remained of the ground. Within moments, Feska was dragged down into the depth of the Hell of Flames and the fiery surface of the crater returned to its original appearance as nothing more than a crater of dirt.

"Hahaha, how do you like that, huh? I saved this for the demon king but I don't regret using this on a monster like you! Enjoy your eternity in hell, you-"

The ground cracked. Before Nerys could finish her words, it burst, and a figure flew out of the cracked ground with wings of light. She landed in front of the speechless Nerys as the cracked ground returned to normal. Her appearance was truly beautiful, one would say angelic. However, something that came out of Hell couldn't possibly be angelic. Case in point, it was none other than Feska, who somehow acquired wings of light.

"How?"

"I beat up the first princess of Hell and ate her heart. Now thanks to you, or no thanks to you, I'm immortal. After that, it was only a matter of beating up a million weird creatures and blackmailing the gatekeeper of Hell to let me through or suffer centuries of pain from being beaten up," she said as he eyes remained closed.

"I don't wanna die! Uwaaaaahhhh!!!" Nerys cried like a child as she realized she had nothing left to fight Feska with.

"Oh right, I wanted to kill you. Well, that's all water under the bridge now. I've beaten up millions of hellish creatures for so long that I'm not angry at you anymore. Those guys were fun. I'd probably ask you to send me back to Hell from time to time to release stress."

"So are you going to let me go?" Nerys asked.

"Ah no, this and that are two totally unrelated things, Nerusys. If you beg me properly, I may spare your life and make you my slave. How about it, Nerusys?"

Nerys quickly prostrated on her hands, knees and head before Feska without hesitation. "Oh great shining one. The most beautiful angel in Heaven, Earth and Hell, please find it in your heart to forgive this lowly self. Nerusys pledge to become your most loyal slave. I will serve you with all my heart if you will only forgive me, great one."

"See? You can do it if you try. Okay, I'll forgive you, Nerys. But doublecross me again, I will find you and I will kill you, slowly. Even if you're already dead."

"Yes! I will never doublecross you again, glorious one!"

"By the way, why are you still alive?"

"Huh?"

"Shouldn't you be like more than 200 years old now?"

"Why would I be? You've only been in Hell for like two minutes."

"... I see. Time flows differently in Hell."

Meanwhile outside, the priestess from earlier finally woke. She rubbed the top of her head and could feel a large bump from when it crashed against the chairs of the temple. She could only moan in pain as she opened her eyes and discovered the carnage in front of her.

"Temple... temple... temple... temple..." she repeated the same words over and over for a week. For there was nothing left of the temple except for a smoking ruin.

Scrya, imsodone and Crimshine like this.
  13. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4

Hm... Meclis wondered in his head.

Squeeze squeeze.

Boin boin.

"As you going to explain before or after I beat you to death?" Feska asked as Meclis continued to fondle her breasts.

Squeeze squeeze. "No... I'm just wondering... why do you have breasts?"

"Before, then," Feska said as she cracked her knuckles.

"Please have mercy on me."

The birds in the forest flew away at the first sound of fist meeting flesh. The sound of meat being pummeled continued to echo for another hour. As each shockwave hit the trunk and branches of the trees, the leaves fell one after another, imitating autumn.

When it was done, there was a corpse-like being under one of the trees. It was covered in blood. There were words written in blood on the trunk of the tree, saying "Here lies Meclis. The enemy of all women."

"Did you have to hit me that hard?" Meclis asked when he regained consciousness. He massaged his aching muscles gently, a result of being beaten half to death by Feska just a couple of hours earlier. If not for Feska's healing magic, he probably would've died for real.

"You were fondling my breasts!" Feska huffed in annoyance with her arms crossed under her mounds of flesh.

"And that's what's curious! What's with that?!!! You're not a-"

Meclis could not speak further as he found his mouth was covered by a sticky substance. It closed his mouth shut, so that even with his superhuman strength, he couldn't open his mouth to speak a word. All that could be heard was his muffled voice as he tried to say something without much success.

"He did have a point, though," Nerys the priestess came in Meclis's defense, "Why would you have those when you're not a-"

Nerys also found that she couldn't speak as the same sticky substance that covered Meclis's mouth was also on her mouth. She tried to open her mouth without any luck. As she lost the ability to use magic for a month, there was nothing she could do to cancel the spell that Feska cast despite knowing how to do it.

Without turning her head, Feska's consciousness peered to the left, far in the bushes behind the trees. Suddenly she laughed in a way so unlike her normally taciturn personality. "Hahaha, what are you both talking about? Of course a girl would have breasts. Why is it so strange for a girl to have breasts? Hohoho."

But you're not a girl! Both Meclis and Nerys had the same thought.

And so busty! Meclis and Nerys again shared the same thought.

As if sensing their inner thoughts, Feska explained, "Look, it's the full moon. Things happen on a full moon."

Both Meclis and Nerys looked at Feska with doubt in their eyes.

"If you agree not to ask about it, I'll remove the gag, alright? Nod if you agree," Feska offered.

Both Meclis and Nerys nodded as one.

Although they both had questions, they kept quiet about it because both felt Feska was more agitated and sensitive than usual.

Must be a woman thing, Meclis thought.

Feska flinched as she sensed that thought. She felt like beating him up again, but stayed her hand. After all, her current situation was a little complicated.

Damn, how the hell do I use this flint? Magic, where is it when I need it? Nerys thought.

Feska ignored her.

I wonder what's for dinner...

The veins at Feska's temple popped at hearing the thought that wasn't hers.

"I can't get the fire started," Nerys complained.

"Ha? I thought fire was your specialty, Nerusys?" Feska sneered.

"When I had magic! I can't use magic for at least a month because of you!"

"Eeeeh... you raised your voice at me, Nerusys?"

Nerys jumped down on her knees and prostrated before Feska in an exaggerated manner. "Please forgive this worm for speaking out of turn, my dear great goddess. Your beauty is first in Heaven and Earth and your prowess is eternal."

Feska squatted on the ground and patted Nerys's head. "Good that you know your place, Nerusys."

Meclis looked at the exchange and said, "This is all very amusing, but we still have a problem. I'm trying to start a fire now and even I can't get it to work. Everything is soaking wet. I'm not willing to sacrifice a blanket for this."

It was of course normal for both Meclis and Nerys to worry about fire.

Being the single most powerful creature on Earth, carrying a pair of Chaos Eyes and possessing the angelic runeblade Galtharus, Feska didn't really need fire to warm herself. However, the same couldn't be said for her two companions. Despite being something that could be considered on the same rank as monsters, they were both still very much human. It had just rained and everything was wet, even themselves. So they needed fire or they would get very sick from the cold night. Especially Nerys, who had lost the magic that she was so proud of and depended on, who was now no different from a normal human.

Oh, Feska wasn't wet, though. She wasn't touched by the downpour. While she would normally allow drizzles to touch her, she would raise her own barrier when it rained heavily. The result was that neither her nor her royal white horse was affected by the heavy downpour earlier.

Without a word, Feska grabbed one of the wet branches and said, "I need fire."

There was a spark at the tip of the branch as soon as she said it. In just moments, the tip caught fire. The wet branch sizzled as the heat slowly dried out the water inside the branch, allowing the flame to sustain itself. Feska placed the branch under the pile of logs once she was satisfied it wouldn't be snuffed easily.

"You've learned fire magic?" Nerys asked, feeling like she's been left behind again by her former student.

"None of the reports mentioned you can use fire magic," Meclis stated with suspicion.

"I never learned fire magic. My magic has always been wind. See?" Feska used her wind magic on the pile of logs, allowing the fire to burn brighter.

"But that..."

"Was one of the things you do not need to know, Meclis."

"I see, one of those 'it's a full moon' thing, huh?"

"Not really, but I suppose you can look at it that way."

"Can I ask about if when it's no longer the full moon?"

"No."

"Gotcha."

"So Feska, why exactly are we looking for that guy?" Nerys asked as she prepared some mushroom for roasting.

"That bastard, I will never forgive him for as long as I live!"

"So what exactly did he do?" Nerys asked as she added cucumbers to the skewered mushroom.

"It's between me and him. You wouldn't know because you left earlier than he did and I forbid you from telling her, Meclis."

Oh come on, you're still sore about that? Nerys rolled her eyes as she put the skewered cucumber and mushroom by the fire and started buttering ears of corn.

"Yeah, about that. I don't even know what he did. I've been thinking about it all this time I still came out with nothing."

"How can you forget? You were there! You were there the whole time!"

"Ah, that... when was this?"

"The assault on the demon king's castle!"

"But that guy wasn't even there at that time. There were only the two of us there," Meclis said as she glared at Nerys who was putting the corn to cook beside the fire.

"Hey man, how many times do you want me to say sorry? Look, there was only the four of us and you guys wanted to go defeat the demon king. There were thousands of demons between us and them. How did you expect me to feel?" Nerys replied while adding bell pepper, green beans and tomatoes into a cast iron cookware.

Feska grabbed Nerys's left wrist before she could throw in some roughly cut eggplants into the stew.

"Not the eggplants," Feska warned.

"What's wrong with it?" Nerys said as she flicked her wrist, throwing the eggplants in her hand into the cookware.

"Noooo!!!"

"You need to eat your vegetable, Feska."

"What are you, my mother? I don't need to eat vegetables. I can get all my sustenance from my Chaos Eyes."

"Oh, so you'll be fine without meat, right?"

"No! Put the meat in, take the eggplants out!"

"What's wrong with eggplants?"

"It's soft, slimy and disgusting! What other reason would there be?"

Nerys suddenly felt smug as she patted Feska's head. "There, there. If you don't eat well, you won't grow up well. How will you seduce boys then, little princess?"

"I'll slice you, bitch!" Feska's words ended with the flashy appearance of Galtharus in her hand.

Understanding that she went too far, Nerys prostrated before Feska and begged for forgiveness again.

The chirping of birds and the crowing of the forest roosters signaled the start of the next morning. Meclis dutifully did his task of packing up their camping gear and putting it on the horses. Nerys, being someone with neither strength nor magic, acted as the cook. As for Feska, well, she was Feska. She did at least dry the camping gear with her wind magic, but that was her only contribution. Basically, just an average day in their journey.

After breakfast, they hopped on their horses and rode away. Behind them, at the place where the fire burned up til breakfast was a single bowl of stew. The 'stew' had less water and more meat and cabbage. It was actually piled high in beef strips and cabbage. Then it was simply left there at the campsite.

"Is that an offering to the gods or something? You've been doing that for days," Meclis asked, unable to keep it quiet any more.

"No," Feska answered while urging her horse forward.

"That's it? Just no?" Meclis asked again.

"Yes, no."

Meclis sighed. "I'm going to need to keep a list of what I'm not allowed to ask."

"You'll find out soon."

Meclis sighed as he thought, Why can't you just tell me now?

For @Scrya and @Stealth

Scrya likes this.
  14. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so is he/she a trap or not!? Why are you making me suffer like this, @Ai chan !?

Ai chan likes this.
  15. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    If it helps. Feska still has Feska Junior, unlike Seki who lost his Seki Junior.

16. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    But she has breasts! So she's a futa? A sadistic one at that!?

Ai chan likes this.