[Game of Idleness] Kingdom Royale - Unification War

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by AliceShiki, Apr 17, 2017.

1. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    \o/
    I won
    Somehow
    @Spfere just Curious Which King are you?

2. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    The most sensible one *nods* [East King]

But I can see why things happened the way they happened now, we were both overlooked and left alone to our own devices this game.

Granted none of my plans actually worked because time zones worked against me in night time conversations.

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably played the best of the survivors. The better schemers all died early due to their own machinations
    You survived because no one considered you dangerous. And thus no on wanted to kill you because you were low priority. Same with the ninja. Not a bad strategy tbh. Though it wasn't intended by you or him really.
    >.> A clone? And I confused a lot of people with my role quite successfully. Except you decided to kill me cuz I was slightly off on roles >.> Plus I thought you wouldn't be as proactive.

kyuukestu, seven and AliceShiki like this.
  4. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree completely with your statement on this, it is not a satisfactory way to win when you tried to get something going but failed due to error in communication.

5. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    If I may say so myself, I think I put more effort than you. lol

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The king from the East was confused.

He thought things weren't going very well, people weren't cooperating with him, people were dying all around with no one forming alliances with him, everything was going badly... But then... It was over?

While everyone always kept calm during the day, whenever night came, they started dying all over. This time it was different, they became mad, stabbing each other in plain daylight!? What sort of monsters would do that!?

Two people fell, out of the 10 that reunited before, only 3 were left, no one had any animosity towards one another, and they finally decided that it was enough already, there was no need to continue this pointless struggle.

In the end, the sorcerer from the west, the king from the east and the ever loyal guardian that has always been by his side remained together, and now, it was time to fix this mess of a kingdom, that had finally ceased its own internal struggles.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congratulations to @Spfere , @erichninja and @kyuukestu for winning the 1st game of Kingdom Royale - Unification War!

Players:
    The game has lasted for 4 days and 3 nights.

Action Log:
    1. The first [Day Phase]: (Nothing Happened)
    2. The first [Night Phase]:
    3. The second [Day Phase]: (Nothing Happened)
    4. The second [Night Phase]:
    5. The third [Day Phase]: (Nothing Happened)
    6. The third [Night Phase]:
    7. The fourth [Day Phase]:

Awards:
    • Perfect Match: For always using sorcery on the same targets: @Zone Q11 and @kyuukestu
    • Betrayed: Being killed by the sorcerers that carried her order on the previous night: @Pyoo
    • Loved by knives: Being involved in half of the stabs in the game: @iampsyx
    • Trapped by its own trap: Getting killed by making fake roleclaims in 2 chats: @trap
    • Eh? I won?: Winning without doing a single stab or having an order properly carried out: @Spfere
    • Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here is my plan, so scheme with me maybe?: Being the most active schemers on their first game: @trap and @Koalala
    • What is this nonsense!?: Uttered when seeing Double Death mechanic: @Aca1814ina
    • Beta testers: For trying out the new game mode!: all players.

With that done, now to some notes.

First of all, thank you all for helping me test this mode, I'm pretty happy with the overall outcome of it.

I would like the opinions of you about the game if possible and what could be made to improve it. There are some ideas I already discussed with Aca-chan and Arc-chan a bit, but I think it's nice to ask the people involved in the game itself.
    1. Keeping the Night Phases at 48h: Feels like it's a lot better for the sorcerers, guardians and the warlock in that case, there is also the possibility of making only the 1st one last this much time and the others last 24h, so as to not make the game drag on too much, but atm I'm leaning more on making it last 48h for all nights.
    2. Sending in all murder and guard orders together: This was something I hadn't thought of before, but Aca-chan pointed it out, sending them as I receive them might give some information that is not intended, sending them out all together instead might make it more interesting, this would be possible with the 48h night, but can be somewhat troublesome with the 24h.
    3. Perhaps change the amount of HP? As you can see on the action log, the game had 11 stabs, 5 involved Psyx-chan and 4 were on the last day phase. I'm not sure if this was because of the players being too wary of retaliatory stabs, or a fault with the game itself, changing the HP for a bigger number (10 was what we thought) would make the retaliatory stab less scary, so it could make the stabs more common. It also hits the problem of maybe making stabs too weak though, which would make the killing roles too strong, so I'm unsure on this.
    4. Limiting the order for the retaliatory stab: For the same issue as the one above, the possibility of limiting how you schedule the retaliatory stab was pondered. Maybe making you allowed to only schedule to retaliate against stabs of a single person could make people use the stab more. However, retaliatory stabs have been there since a long time ago on KR, so I don't know if they're really at fault here. Which makes me also unsure on this one.
    5. Was there any role that had unclear powers?: There was a lot of confusion with how [Guard] and [Spell Shield] worked, clarifying, [Guard] only protects against [Assassination], [Spell Shield] protects against [Sorcery]. The [Warlock] CAN use [Spell Shield] on themselves, so they have some protection against [Sorcery]... I thought the rules were clear on this, but there were tons of people that seemed to understand it wrongly... Any way to make the description more clear than it already is?

I guess that was about it? I think I covered it all, commentaries, suggestions and the sort are always welcome. Thank you all again for playing! It was pretty fun to host this! ^^)/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  7. seven

seven [Not a Clone]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Pyoo get killed by @kyuukestu and @Zone Q11 after they are executing her order to kill me

I think it deserve an achievement

Pyoo and Zone Q11 like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it! New award:

9. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    I have an award. *tears of joy*
    *bows*
    Thanks for recognizing my effort. \o/

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...lol. Good job @kyuukestu. It's kinda sad that I got killed in the end.
    This can't even count as beginner's luck... orz
    Crazy, yet it works for me. Good job you two!

11. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. \o/

12. seven

seven [Not a Clone]

Reading List:
    Link
    that is the reason, to make you think that stabbing people is scary

because there is a psychological barrier that prevents the players from the origin of the game (game of idleness from hakomari) from killing* each other

there is no way to instill the psychological barrier in this forum game version

because unlike in the original version, we all are aware that this is just a game

so we have to make the idea of stabbing another player will cost you something

edited*

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point there... It's just that this game felt troublesome due to the lack of stabs overall.

I don't think the balance is wrong tbh, just that stabbing is an important mechanic of the game that was mostly ignored. And that can end up making one role stronger than another.

The fact that the sorcerers and kings stayed the entire game unscathed shows that. A role that relies solely on information like the Warlock is quite hampered by nobody stabbing IMO. Since they don't have any method of killing their enemies... So I feel like stabbing should be somewhat encouraged.

On the other hand, the point of the psychological barrier does make sense, gives a nice feel to it...

14. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    So I did nothing worth noting

15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Also @seven wants her first Blood award.

16. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure there was an award for killing 4 or more people , my kill count deserves a reward!
    Even if half of it was shared with zone!

17. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and @trap and I should get something for claiming each others role ~

seven likes this.
  18. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean "Violence is Always the Answer"?

iampsyx, AliceShiki and kyuukestu like this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    We already have 8 awards already though... And that's because I gave up on giving Psyx-chan the one of starting the chaos, igniting the fire and something...

Besides, I don't think dying first is that much of a nice award...

And killing 4 people on this game means you killed less than 1/2! I'll give you an award if you can get 6 kills! 4 is too little!

You two claiming each other's role was fun though! \(^^)/
    However, trap-chan already got an award due to her role claiming, I don't want to give another for the same reason...

20. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    I got violence for 5 kills in KRTK *shrugs*