TV Ze Tian Ji (Fighters of Destiny)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by ArtOfDivine, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ArtOfDivine

ArtOfDivine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The people who has seen it what do you think of the show and how it compares to the novel?

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a Chinese show? I thought this thread was gonna be a fantasy game..

3. ArtOfDivine

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Saltishy

Saltishy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you are a fan of the leading actors, don't watch that. It was not made for novel readers, the producer just randomly selected an IP, be it ZTJ, CD, WOC or anything else popular, and put most of it's investment into the actors themselves, so there is neither proper special effect, nor impressive acting. It meets every circumstance of a failing work and I almost dig my eyes out after watching that. But who cares, as long as the actors are cute enough and they will success.
    Fun fact: From what has been announced, the total click reaches 2 billion. 2 billion my friend, in case you want to know, the population of China is only approximately 1.4 billion. I would be so surprised if that is the real data.

5. shijiemori

shijiemori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched it. It convinced me to read the chinese novel. The acting sucks but I want to continue watching. It is not really as bad.

6. ArtOfDivine

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so acting bad but overall is not bad?

7. Asteodia

Asteodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might just read the novel so I know what is happening (I did read the first few chapters before but didn't have the time to finish it to the latest updates). The acting isn't that bad, I have seen better but it doesn't turn you off that much. The ML skin is a bit too perfect though...better than the females. :ROFLMAO:
    I find the set a bit hard to take in, might be because of the colouring/filter or because they don't look all that realistic. But then again I guess this genre is like that. There are a lot of staring into space with the bgm playing in the background though. I had to skip past that. :whistle:

8. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    This is indeed not bad. I love Tang 36, so funny lol

9. purpleeee

purpleeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is 100,000 x better. I dropped the show after 5 episodes

10. nos4r2

nos4r2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love it so far because i don't like slow paced novel serie got me really hook hope it end in one long season

11. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it follows the novel, but only loosely. About the same characters and plot points, but it's similar to what happened to the Zhu Xian adaption in that the story was shuffled around to get the romance going faster and give more screen time for the female lead. At least, that's what it seems like. I wouldn't say that it's bad, but fans of the novel might be disappointed by some of the directing choices.

12. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh, I don't want to say it but the drama adaptation is outrageous. Divine Empress' decision to make Xu You Rong as her successor is even worse than to just handing the throne to Chen Clan or just continuing with the Tianhai Imperial Clan, because it will obviously create another faction after those two major factions. And even though she tried very hard to look wise, in fact she failed to do so.
    The worst part of this drama adaptation is that there will be a big plot deviation compared to the novel, because they erased quite a lot of important characters in the novel such as Archbishop Mei Lisha, Zhexiu, Su Li and what surprised me the most was the death of Wang Po even before he make an appearance. Well, they even decided to change the owner of that umbrella to Zhou Dufu instead of Su Li.
    After so much disappointment I came to a realization that unless you're Lu Han's fan, it's better to stay out of this drama adaptation because this drama adaptation is solely created for his fans. (n)

13. twkisanotaku

twkisanotaku Booksloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp the reason why I got into the show was because of luhan...then now I am interested in the novel heheh . Guess it works well for me to see luhan and get introduced to ze tian ji

14. greiver179

greiver179 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Started watching it and I´m 30 eps deep.

Do the main character
    keep getting accused even
    in the novel? Anyone recommend me reading this?

15. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really addicting. There a lot of differences between the novel and the drama. One of the major difference is the MC in the drama is not as stiff as the one described in the novel. The male MC and female MC in the drama also have a chance encounter way before they encounter each other in the novel.

16. badMal

badMal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i watched through half way with help of barely tolerable subtitles. as TV the series is simply bad. they rewrote the story / characters to such an extent that it has little resemblance to the book. my guess is the main reason to make the series was to showcase pretty lu wuhan ( he can't act sadly ) and gulnezer together.

17. badMal

badMal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    book is way way better . the pace of story is slow ( a negative for many people ). as xianxia/xianhuan go. MC does not power up like a rocket , is not into typical trample / kill / arrogant./ usual stuff. main female is smart , a match for MC and fiercely independent ( another no no for many ) . my personal though a good webnovel.

18. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're just trying to fit it into the story somehow because in the novel,
    Zhexiu, CCS's friend was the one who got accused and tortured. CCS was the one who rescued him, and it was through the front door, not this everyone can walk into prison deal -_-. Since they removed Zhexiu, guess they awkwardly shoved CCS into that plot hole.

19. shijiemori

shijiemori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently found out why the story differs so much from the book. They finished filming or at least almost finished the film with a korean actor as Zhexiu. If you read the novel, you know that Zhexiu is one of the characters that appears frequently. Due to the law banning korean media, they had to cut many scenes which have Zhexiu plus re-film many of the scenes. But the screenwriter could really do better.

20. badMal

badMal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not just zhe xiu character. it was at the most a minor issue. the story director / script writer decided to film from the beginning was different and awful. seems people love pretty Lu han as the show rating in its time slot has been really good. number 1 so far between 10 to mid night. He has been number 1 in popular in social media media / internet list for almost a month!