The Resistance: A Call to Arms (Game 2)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Arcturus, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Who will win the Second Missions?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2017.
  1. Tony

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. The Resistance

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*

Sowwy!!!

I had long forgotten my reasons for suspecting people, so I just stickied to the people I remembered that I thought of as suspicious! >.<

Zone Q11 and Omnifarious like this.
  2. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't you going to delete this account? <.< you still in a good position : D

3. Omnifarious

Omnifarious Re: member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not delete. just turn in to something else... like a nice cafe... or a resturent by the sea...

Arcturus and AliceShiki like this.
  4. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    So I can come to your profile to relax? xD

Arcturus and Omnifarious like this.
  5. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I already miss the walls...
    ... orz
    Thank you @Chocol8 ... T-T
    I do!
    - No reaction on the spelling mistake?
    - For me, not a thousand times in my eyes. Just 7.4 times.
    A...ha. I... see. The problem is; I don't have that much experience yet.
    Aye. Can't do anything about it.
    Which is why I love the internet. (Aside from being able to watch anime, that is.)
    Thank goodness.
    *unpacks suitcase*
    Long live changes.
    The first question was not answered. But it is good to hear that you can adapt yourself quickly.
    ;)(y)
    It was meant as a joke, but oh well. ...wait, what do you do to relieve stress?
    I made two statements;
    - I doubt you are pure evil.
    - I prefer a grey world. (In this case, it means a world full of grey people, which means that they are somewhat guilty, and somewhat not.)

And now I will add two more;
    - A true evil person would not say that they are evil. If so, then there are two kinds of "evil people"; either they are not evil, or they are a "special case".
    - I said that I would prefer a grey world, I didn't say that the world is grey itself. Sadly, in this day of age, it is leaning towards black... good thing I keep staring at the white part, else I would not be talking with you right now.
    In RL that is. -or rather, especially in RL.
    Again. As much as I would love meeting you (sarcasm), I don't want to.
    It's a good answer though. Felt like I read a fragment of a novel.
    Me in a nutshell; always changes after a few hours. Good thing this isn't a Turbo Game.
    Hm...? It took me less than an hour though?
    Oof... sounds fun, stressful, more fun, and tiring... I'm in.

6. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    She was playing so here, you know.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep our secret convo alive though! It's fun to play with the danger!! >.<

Omnifarious and Zone Q11 like this.
  8. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoops. Didn't read the "want"-part. Seriously though, perhaps you should strengthen your grammars.

9. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Probabily...

10. Omnifarious

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Or go read the little banter and skits between my clones. That's what I am hoping

11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    There's something I'd like to point out.

Ah, fuck it, never mind.

12. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Details.

You don't want to know...

But I don't technically get stressed. If I did I suppose I'd remove the source of it first, but I have yet to be put in a situation where I am actually stressed. For example, I have an exam tomorrow and have yet to study at all. Yet I'm not all that concerned; it should be simple enough.

No; you were pretty consistent. Brasca, Kyuu, and iampsy changed radically each time they came online and seven was only consistent to a limited extent even within sessions.

Others does not refer to you then.

Wasn't an actually plan.

Trying and failing.

Told to watch grammar, yet immediately makes a spelling mistake while admitting it. Intentional or not?

13. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    On Good and Evil:

You don't understand good and evil. Most people; no, go with all people, don't either.

The truth is everyone, or at least almost everyone, is inherently good. Being good is easy: just do whatever you think is best. Act with morals, ethics, and concern for others, no matter how limited in number those are. And always believe that what you are doing is right.

That describes more than 99% of people on this world. Perhaps even 100%, or very close to it. But those different "good" people are in conflict more than any number of evil people will be; because each of their visions for what is best is different. A Chinese person may believe obeying the government and promoting China is best, while an American thinks voting for Trump will save the world or a middle eastern radical will believe it is jihad that brings salvation. Every one of them is good, but each has a different type of good; a "color". They are no more or less bright than any other (well, not exactly, as some people are brilliantly bright with conviction and belief in themselves while others are dimmer with hesitation and guilt); but the yellow light of the terrorists conflicts with the shining blue light of the American, each seeing the other as blacker than black itself and thus evil. The Chinese person glows red; he can see both sides light, yet also views then as far, far darker than himself. And there is a different color for every person on earth, all 7 billion of them. Some are in harmony, or join and mix to create an even brighter light. Some are accepting, embrace a multitude of varied colors into themselves while others are exclusive, so confident in their own light that they cannot accept even the slightest deviation. But so very, very few of them can perceive every last one of them.

Thus it isn't a world of greys, but of colors. No one, but those of darkest black or purest white, can see that because everyone else is so consumed by their own color that they cannot imagine that good and evil are not simply a scale along their own brightness, but a varied and multidimensional picture that they can only perceive a part of. You prove yourself good by the very claim of shades of grey; I prove myself either perfectly good or perfectly evil by my disbelief in such a concept.

Thus, pure evil always knows it is evil. It knows its own malice, its own darkness, and that the light it perceives can never touch itself. Any person who does not believe themselves evil is good; their good just might be a color in conflict with your own. But that is no reason to deny their good, no more than I have reason to deny yours.

Finally, the world isn't getting darker; instead, the varied colors have mixed more and more. But they have mixed too fast, without time to adjust and harmonize with each other; and this has created violence and conflict as only true good can. In the borders of the varied lights, borders spreading all over the world in a series of cracks, there is born discord and chaos from light alone. You keep looking at the white, but all you are looking at is your own color, not the rainbow spectrum I perceive. The pure colors including white are already gone; lost in the chaotic mix of a billion different hues. I'm not sure if they will ever return, nor if humanity truly wants them to...

Zone Q11 likes this.
  14. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    </3

15. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Great job on the wall.

@Zone Q11 In a few words, "It's subjective, but some people get along and others don't."

Zone Q11, AliceShiki and Arcturus like this.
  16. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aca1814ina you were really thrown off by my voting it seems. Was it that random?

17. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    No. That's far too simple.

All men are good. Every last one of them. Yet none but the most evil among them know that, for each can only perceive the good that is the same as their own. They conflict, fight, debate, and create chaos all in the certainty that theirs is the only color and that the myriad of others are not lights just like their own, but shadows darker than darkness itself.

Humanity never sees the truly evil as evil. They are blinded by their own light when they look into the darkness, and perceive a light very like their own, for after all it is. They distort reality by claiming "shades of grey" that are nothing more or less than how well another's colors line up to their own, and so create a scale that reflects darkness as light and light as darkness. It is not a matter of getting along or not; it is much more fundamental than that. They cannot coexist at all, for the beings that they are and the colors that they shine with are so destructive towards one another that if they were forced to coexist each would lose what makes them human, what makes them them.

I know myself to be evil; everyone else can see me as good, and I will see everyone else as good, but I know that good is oft worse than evil and that to pursue one at the rejection of the other is erroneous. That is why I reject others who claim I am not, or cannot, be true evil. I have long since been; it gives a certain perspective that most cannot enjoy. As well as a certain understanding that almost everyone else fears.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  18. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat. I discarded it because it didn't match my biases but I have a feeling that if I go over it now it will make a lot of sense. Probably should have thought about that before the game ended, honestly.

19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zone Q11 Let me reword, "It's really damn subjective."

20. Omnifarious

Reading List:
    Link
    oh before I go.
    Hmm... anyone wants to give omni-kun a performance review for his first game?