Novel Rekindle [Current Chapter: Chapter 15 - The Monster and the Ghost]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Osamaru, May 6, 2017.

?

How would you rate what you've read so Far? (don't forget to leave comments in the thread!)

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just a cool Idea I thought I might as well try writing on my spare time. I am not a professional writer, so please excuse some grammar. I can make no promises on release times or such things at this moment, but I'll be trying to get them out in a timely manner, so bare with me.
    Absolutely any feedback or suggestions are welcomed, as well as any help with structure or detail, as these are not really my strong-suit.
    EDIT: Created a discussion thread to try and keep everything neat and tidy. You can find it Here.
    If I have to ask ANYTHING when it comes to Criticism, its give detail, don't just say "This Sucks!", give some explanation to why you feel this way or that way.
    IN NEED OF SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO DO SOME LIGHT EDITING AND PROOFREADING. Just every now and again. I am slightly dyslexic, and am not able to catch everything.

[​IMG]
    [Author's Note:
    I'll put this out there for those that are interested. This IS technically a LitRPG style novel. However, I've gone a bit of a different route than most with the system. First off, the system is mostly there as a Guide, an Index to help fill in the gaps of information our MC is lacking, but would otherwise be common scene to people of this world. There are things like Skills and abilities, but they are very much a "reward for hard work" kind of thing, rather than the MC suddenly getting a dozen convenient cheats you see in other stories.
    Think of the LitRPG aspect of this novel as more of a Supplement or background feature rather than a world breaking cheat.]

Synopsis:

For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity".

What does it mean to be a "Hero"?
    Long, long years of bloodshed and violence while serving in the US Army has quenched the flames of passion and desire to help others in Mark Floyd's heart, leaving him as an empty shell of the man he used to be: mind haunted by nightmares, body broken by booze. But as long as even one ember remains in a person’s heart, there is still a chance for the passion they held to be rekindled. Mark is about to get that chance, and the choice that he makes may lead him to a new hope, or destruction.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Isekai, Fantasy, Game-Like System, Comedy, Dark, Mature

Table of Contents
    [*]
    : Editor - EdwardGuardian, Proofreader - Dill.
    [*]: Machine Edited.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Yoko Hagihara and thrynki like this.
  2. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue: The End of one Story, and the Beginning of Another.
    The man lay on his side in the faintly lit sewer tunnel as the light sound of water dripping filled the air, eyes dull and unfocused as the water slowly began to pool under his head. Empty pill bottles and beer cans lay scattered around him; some still wet while others so old and dry it was like they’d been there longer than he had.

His clothes were rank with the filth of the sewers around him, but upon closer inspection, one would see a careful and thoughtful neatness to them; even in their ruined state, the man had not allowed them to become disordered. If not for the slight tremor of his eyes as they watched each drop fall, one could mistake his sunken cheeks, fish white eyes and pale skin for that of a dead man. He did not care though; he had long lost that ability.

The water continued, one drop at a time, as the man watched, each drop seemed to come slower and slower, the ringing of each drop growing louder and louder until the last drop, stretching out into eternity, the sound of it hitting the puddle akin to the sound of the world shattering, and then darkness.

The man lay in the shallow puddle, his eyes no longer following the slow drip of the water above. A silhouette blocked off the light from the nearby sewer grate exit. The silhouette approached reviling the form of an olive skinned middle aged man in clean street clothes and a baseball hat. He looked completely unremarkable – just another face in the crowd you wouldn’t notice. His eyes were the exception, they glowed with a gentle light, flickering with “something” indescribable. The man slowly approached the fish-eyed man with heavy footsteps that echoed down the chamber. The newcomer squatted down on his haunches looked at the man and with a deep sorrow in his voice he said.

“It is by the flame that gold and slag are separated, but when the flame dies, all that results are ashes.”

The newcomer reached out and closed the fish-eyed man’s eyes with deliberate slowness, and stood up letting out a tired sigh. The newcomer was silent for a moment and closed his eyes as if in prayer, before turning around and walking back towards the tunnel entrance. He spoke in a low voice with a smile,

“But while there is still even a single ember burning, there is hope for the Flame to be rekindled."

The newcomer left the dim light of the sewer and stepped back into the sunlight. He began to whistle a soft tune and walked leisurely up a hill and down the nearby road. A small raccoon hiding in a nearby bush popped its head out as the newcomer walked away. Deeming it safe, the small animal briskly ran towards the entrance of the tunnel hoping to find a stash or scraps. To its surprise though, there in the dark tunnel sat a small pile of nuts and fruit as fresh as if they had been just picked. The small raccoon ran to the pile and began to fill its stomach chattering excitedly, not minding the otherwise empty tunnel.

Shem and thrynki like this.
  3. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and here i thought this was related to Dark souls, what a let down :\

4. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't be mean.

5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    nice beginning and intriguing synopsis
    But seeing the plot with hero and what not..
    Errr.....
    Is it archer(fate s/n) all over again..??

6. BabaNovac

BabaNovac FUYUKAI DESU Seraglio e youkoso SchrodingerPanties

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am the bone of my sword! "

7. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Its more the "Hero" is learning from Mark, and Mark is assisting the "Hero" in his "duties". Or alternatively, they just keep meeting up. Not sure how that compares to Fate s/n, mind explaining and why it did not work, in case I want to switch it up?

8. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    The prologue it was abit milid has it give more of it's hard to give the right word for it, but it was a good judge for the start of the MC perceptive on things from it.

9. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Question for anyone. Which do you like better as the MC's name? Mark or Samuel?

10. Hexwolfx

Hexwolfx 【Hex Researcher】【Crime Syndicate - Most Hated】

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the name Mark more

11. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    so like senpoi who teach(assist) you things about life..??

In fate s/n archer betray by his ideal(?), he become hero(?) but not the hero he imagine
    That synopsis remind me of him
    So i though that background story is quiet similiar..

Btw, your synopsis can be said prologue already..

12. Goldsaif

Goldsaif sect patriarch for the sect of primordial lurkers

Reading List:
    Link
    *Drip*Drip*Drip*.
    The man lay on his
    side in the faintly lit
    sewer tunnel, eyes
    dull and unfocused as
    the water begins to
    pool slowly under his
    head

you made a mistake it should be

the water slowly began to pool under his head

Osamaru likes this.
  13. Goldsaif

Goldsaif sect patriarch for the sect of primordial lurkers

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how it is so far so are you going to be posting chapter here or on another thread cause im watching this thread

(p.s also how do you start a story cause I also want to write a story but I'm stuck in the beginning )

(p.s.s i gave it an 8)

Also i recommend an app called jotterpad its use full for writing on your phone when your busy or you got a sudden inspiration but aren't near a computer you could also use it to write down world building and charecter personalities (to stick with and not turn them into hypocrites )

14. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1: Embers among Ashes
    Mark awoke with his eyes crusty and head pounding, the loud roaring of his hangover refusing to let him sleep any longer. He fumbled his hand around awkwardly looking for even a small amount of alcohol to quell the fierce storm in his head. His eyes hurt and he refused to open them until he could muster the strength to face another day of existence.

Mark finally opened his eyes after being unable to find anything, He pushed himself into a sitting position and glanced around at the empty floor, before furrowing his brow in anger and frustration. He’d chosen this sewer tunnel because it was far out of the normal roaming territory of the cities common vagrants and junkies; he thought he’d not have to worry about having any uninvited guests. He figured it was his own fault for underestimating their nose; he should be happy he was still wearing clothes. Drawing his legs to his chest and leaning up against the rough wall, Mark laid his head on his knees and massaged his temples, desperately trying to ease his pounding head.

After several moments of silence, the constant roaring began to die down. To his confusion, however, though the pain subsided the sound never fully dissipated. Dry, bloodshot eyes squinting in the dim light, Mark lifted his head and looked at his surroundings.

“Huh? What the Hell?”

Instead of the dull gray colored filth encrusted cement wall of the sewer tunnel, across from him was a dark, rough stone wall covered in brightly colored lichen. The stone walls were slightly damp from the spray of the small stream that ran under it and the soft rumbling sound he heard was the sound of the water as it flowed rapidly out of the cave mouth.

Mark took only a moment to recognize that he was not where he was when he passed out, He got up despite his back and legs protesting the exertion and with practiced hands, Mark began to pat himself down. He lifted his shirt to look for blood. Not seeing any noticeable wounds or stitches, Mark let out a sigh of relief and thought to himself that it’s not like organ thieves would get much for his anyway.

Mark calmed his racing heart before looking around the area. The cave he was in was small and damp from the stream that flowed out of a small crack in the back wall. It was not particularly large or deep, but the markings and old ashes scattered around indicated that it had been used more than once as a camping site. He poked around the area to see if there was anything useful left behind. Mark felt a small shifting weight in his pocket. He pulled out a small outdated flip-phone, his wallet and the old silver pocket watch that never left his side. Why would someone take his pills and booze, dragged him God knows how far away to some cave, and yet forget to take his valuables as well? Not that he was complaining.

He stuffed his wallet back into his pocket. Mark took a moment to stare at the silver pocket watch, taking a moment to admire the engraving on the back, “For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity". A small, mocking smirk formed on his mouth, Mark shook his head and silently slid the watch into his pocket again. He flipped the phone open, Mark grumbled in frustration; no signal. Stupid cheap pay as you go plans.

Mark placed the phone back into his pocket alongside his wallet and watch, then stretched himself out, grimacing as his body creaked and groaned in protest. He was not the spring chicken he once was. Not that the excess booze and pills did any favors. Moving towards the small stream, Mark approached a relatively calm portion and stared into the water.

The water was clear enough that he could see the man staring back up at him; skin pale and loose, deep purple bags under bloodshot listless eyes topped by a head of shaggy unkempt coal black hair and a ragged beard a finger's length long. If one looked closely, they would be able to see the remnants of a relatively handsome man. Mark never thought he’d been handsome enough to be popular, but he’d gotten the odd shy smile from the ladies in his youth. But years of neglect and drug abuse had wiped most of that away. Mark harrumphed to his own thoughts and spoke to the reflection

“What are you looking at?”

Without waiting for a reply, he reached down and cupped a hand of the cold water and splashed his face. After washing his face, Mark took the opportunity to remove his outer shirt and started to wipe down his body in the clean water. The filth washed away as he shivered in the cold water, but at least it wasn’t biting cold like shelter showers. As he reached over the water to scoop out more, something caught his eye beneath the dark smudges on his chest. Mark gently touched the area above his left pec – right above where his heart would be.

There, barely the size of a palm, was a black tattoo, reminiscent of the tribal tattoos that were popular a few years back. He scooped out more water and cleaned more, wondering if maybe it was just a smudge. The rest of his chest cleaned easily enough, but the tattoo remained. Mark squinted at the unfamiliar image and traced along its surprisingly complex pattern. Mark rubbed his eyes with more water to clear his vision, and then looked again. At first glance, it appeared to be a fireball or some kind of meteor, but looking at it in detail he could tell that it was a small glowing egg, wrapped in thin threads of fire. As he breathed, the tattoo expanded and contracted, giving it the illusion of flickering embers and dancing flames. Each line that made up the egg and the flames themselves were infinitely complex, formed from dozens and dozens of tiny lines and symbols to the point that Mark questioned how long it had taken to make.

Scooting back from the stream, Mark shook his head, trying to clear the last remnants of his hangover and reconstruct what had happened last night; why was he in this Cave? Who had brought him here? Who had put this tattoo on him, and why? But no matter how much he thought, he couldn’t come up with a good answer. Mark sat there in thought, the shadows in the cave began to grow slightly darker. Looking up, he saw through the cave entrance the red sky of a setting Sun. It looked like he would be spending the night here once more.

~~~ Several hours later ~~~

Mark sat down near the small fire in the back of the Cave, the smoke escaping from a small man-made hole in the ceiling. In the fire sat a few larger stones, slowly starting to turn hot. With practiced hands, Mark maneuvered a pair of sticks and picked the stones from the fire, before quickly maneuvering them into a shallow stone depression filled with water from the stream. As the stones hit the water, the water began to hiss and boil. After repeating this a few times, Mark waited a short while for the water to cool, before bending down and greedily drinking the remaining water.

It was a slow and inefficient method, but it was better than going thirsty or contracting God knows what from the water. His years in the military had left him with a wide range of survival and combat skills, so he didn't fear death like some city boy without his modern comforts for just one night, but that did not stop him for cursing whoever had taken his beer bottles.

Mark sat back up and leaned up against the damp stone wall, enjoying the contrast of the cool stone and the blazing flame. As he watched the flickering flames dwindle, their gentle dance and the soft sounds of the night seeming to cast a spell on his eyelids and they grew slowly heavier.

A shrill scream pierced the night and snapped Mark’s eyes open from his slumber. What was happening?

thrynki and ranobesuki like this.
  15. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 is up! please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions! Anyone willing to help with proofreading as well would be greatly appreciated!

16. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    added another part to the synapse at the suggestion of someone, tell me what you think!

17. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I kinda like what I have read so far, but I'll leave rating it at a later date.. I don't normally jump the gun and rate story's in the world building phase

18. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: A Light in the Darkness
    The Little girl hummed a soft tune as she looked down at the open book in front of her. The slowly dimming light of the Sun barely illuminating the pages, as they shook gently with the swaying of the carriage moving down the road. The girl was so engrossed in the story before her, that she jumped slightly when the middle-aged woman riding in the back quietly spoke her name,

[Merry, close the book, dear. It’s not good for your eyes to be reading in this light.] <Mother>

The young girl turned around and gave her Mother a pleading look that only a 7-year-old girl could give,

[Please Mother, just a little longer. I’ve nearly gotten to my favorite part!] <Merry>

As Merry looked at her mother with an upturned lip, a large balled hand landed on the top of her head with a light thud, making her wince slightly,

[Now Girl, Listen to your Mother. Close the book and start getting ready. We’ll be making camp soon] <Father>.

With light tears in her eyes, Merry cast her eyes down and reluctantly closed her book, handing it back towards her Mother. The balled hand loosened then gently rested on top of the girls head, softly stroking her chestnut, shoulder length hair. The man sitting next to her driving the carriage, her Father, looked down at Merry with soft eyes and smiled as she smiled back, leaning up against him. He did not know what he had done to deserve such a beautiful wife and sweet little girl, but he could not help but think that this was what true happiness was.

Watching the sweet family moment from atop a nearby horse, a young man in bright plate armor could not help but smile. Seeing him looking over at them, Merry quickly hid her face behind her Fathers back, making him jump slightly in surprise. With an embarrassed look, her Father looked over at the young man and spoke,

[I’m sorry about that, Sir Hero. She’s still shy around strangers. If she ever wants to take over the trade, she’ll have to learn eventually though.] <Father>

[No no, it is perfectly fine. I know how young girls can be; I have a sister that will be the same age this year.]<Hero>

The young man spoke, a smile on his face but a slight tingle of sadness and homesickness in his voice.

Hero.

That is what her Father had called him. She had read the stories before, of the gallant knights chosen by the Hero’s Sigil to cleanse lands thick in Miasma. But truthfully, in Merry’s eyes, all she could see was a boy even younger than her Father, not the shining Warriors of Legend. Sneaking a quick glance out from her Father’s back, she looked the Hero in the eye and stuck her tongue out, before quickly ducking back into hiding. The Hero simply smiled awkwardly and gave a light chuckle.

Turning his eyes forward to the road, the Hero’s face took on a more serious look and spoke to the Father without looking back.

[Is it safe to make camp here? Should we not press on to Whitewood?] <Hero>

[No. We’ll never make it before Dark. And besides, there is a small cave a little farther along the road we can use. As long as we are vigilant, there should be little danger.] <Father>

The Hero squinted his eyes at the Father’s words. He wanted to press the issue, but He himself was not very experienced in such thing, having only just started his travels. In fact, if it was not for the good luck of meeting this Trader family on the road, he would have been hopelessly lost by now. In the end, he decided to defer to the Father’s experience and stay silent. However, the Hero could not shake a feeling of unease in his heart, like the calm before the Storm.

~~~ Roughly an Hour later ~~~

As time went on, the daylight began to fade into dusk. As they road on, the Father suddenly gave a small exclamation of joy; little ways away stood a stone bridge crossing a small stream. Approaching the bridge, the Father slowed the carriage to a stop then pointed up the stream, speaking to the Hero,

[This is the place. The cave is about a 2-3 minute walk upstream. The path is too narrow for the carriage, so we will have to carry the more valuable goods and hide the carriage on the roadside. Merry, help your Mother gather the camping gear.] <Father>

Giving a slight nod, Merry climbed over the back of the diver’s bench and began to help her mother. As the Father began to unbridle the Horses, the Hero walked over to the nearby path. In the distance, he could see a small back cliff, though the cave spoken of by the Father was hidden by the Forest. Suddenly, there was a slight rustle in the nearby trees, and the Hero looked up, His eyes bulging. With the ring of steel, his sword left its sheath, barely managing to block the heavy blow as the thing in the treetops leaped at him.

____________________________________________________________________________

Merry and her Mother chatted quietly in the back of the carriage as they prepared the camping supplies. They spoke of their journey so far, and what they planned to do once they reached the Trade City, Whitewood. As they talked, her Mother smiled gently as she stopped Merry from sneaking several heavy books into their bag. She never understood where the girl’s love for books had come from; she herself was just a plain farmer’s daughter who’d caught the eye of a traveling merchant, and could not wrap her mind around the idea when her cute daughter spoke about the “world inside of the Books”. But it made Merry happy, and that made the Mother happy.

As they continued, Merry stopped and stared as she noticed a slight ruffling of the carriage canvas, tilting her head in puzzlement, as the night was windless. Suddenly, she heard the cracking of breaking wood, then the distinct sound of a blade leaving its sheath, before the ring of clashing metal. Eyes going wide in panic, Merry ran to her Mother as her Father called out admits the freighted neighing of the Horses,

[Merry, Martha! Quickly, hide!]<Father>

over the next few moment, the sound of fighting pursued, with deep grunts and the constant ringing of metal on metal. After a few moments, the Hero called out in a panic,

[WATCH OUT! THERE’S MORE!] <Hero>

Suddenly, there was the sound of whistling wind and sick sounding impact, then a gurgling grunt as though someone could not force air out of their lungs. In the next moment, Merry’s Father stumbled backward into view, a large arrow protruding from his chest. Her Father silently looked down at the arrow, dumbfounded, before turning his eyes to Merry and her Mother. The light in his eyes was filled with fear and confusion, but above all else, a desperate pleading scream for them to run, to hide. Then with a gentle smile, blood leaking from his mouth. He fell.

[NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!] <Mother>

Merry’s mother let loose a wailing shriek as she watched her Husband fall on to the coach seat. Though in her grief, she still had the presence of mind to cling to Merry as the latter tried to claw her way out of her Mother’s grasp in a desperate bid to reach her Father.

[Father! Father! Let go, let GO! We have to help!] <Merry>

as the young girl continued to struggle, tears flowing down her face, the sounds of battle continued outside. Finally managing to wiggle herself free of her Mother’s grasp, the young girl rushed on all fours to the front of the carriage, reaching for her fallen Father, her Mother hot on her trail. As she neared the exit, there was a heavy impact on top of the carriage, causing both to stop in fear.

Without warning, the carriage gave a shutter, and a long sinewy arm, green skin lightly coated with white hair, reached into the opening from the top of the carriage. A large 4 fingered hand, fingered tipped with rotting brown nails swiped randomly around before grabbing firmly into the young girl's shoulder length hair, and began to pull her out. Screaming and kicking, Merry struggled to lose the hands grip, but could not overpower the large hand. Moving like lightning, her Mother crossed the carriage and wrapped an arm around the young girl’s waist, using the other to try and pry the hand away.

As she did so, grunting sounds of frustration came from the top of the carriage. For a moment, the pulling force stopped, and Merry felt hope well up, only to hear the distinct ringing of a blade leaving its sheath. In a panic, Merry looked down at her Mother, to see a gentle and warm smile contrasted by a steady flow of tears, before hearing the sound of ripping fabric and seeing a large, rusty sword pierce down from the top and through her Mother’s chest.

With a thud, her Mother fell to the floor of the carriage, using the last of her strength to desperately cling to her daughter’s waist. Slowly, the power in her Mother’s grip gave out, and with a Scream, Merry was pulled from the Carriage. As she did so, she came face to face with the creature that held her in the air by her hair.

It had long sinewy limbs and mottled dark green skin, perfect for climbing and moving in the tree tops. Sparse white hair covered its body that gave it a flickering appearance, like light filtering through the leaves. Its eyes were large and dark, capturing the tiniest bit of movement and light. While it was relatively short when compared to an adult, it was still nearly twice Merry’s size, and its large gaping mouth, designed only for meat, nearly split its small head in two, as it grinned from large pointed ear to ear.

{{Forest Goblin!}}

That was the name that popped up in her mind as she saw the bizarre creature before her. While not as strong as their Mountain cousins, or as fast as those in the Plains, Forest Goblins were smart and agile. They were vicious, predatory monsters who saw other races as nothing more than food.

Compared to the other goblin races, the thing that separated Forest Goblins was their high intelligence, able to prepare complex traps and strategies, as well as forge their own weapons and tools. In some parts of the world, their intelligence was so widely recognized that they were called “Tree Elves”, though if you were to called them that in the presence of a True Elf, you would pay a heavy price.

Looking around the area, Merry could see the result of the battle; several dozen Forest Goblin bodies lay scattered around the ground, some long dead, other with not long left. A short distance away, Merry could see the Hero fighting a small group of 6-7 remaining goblins. However, he was heavily injured, covered in blood and outnumbered.

Gre Gre Gre Gre!!

The Forest Goblin holding her up by the hair, laughed as it looked towards the struggling Hero. Jumping down from the carriage, the Goblin held Merry up to eye level and grinned that wide mouth grin again, before extending a long black tongue and gently licking away the tears on her face, a look of ecstasy forming in its half-closed eyes. Feeling a rage unlike anything she’d ever felt before welling up in her heart, Merry screamed in anger, no longer fearing what may happen. She began to thrash and flail about; desperately trying to do any amount of damage to the creature with her frail strength.

Laughing as though watching the funniest thing it could conceive, the Goblin did not even try and stop her. Finally running out of steam, Merry let her arms hang down as she breathed heavily. Looking the Goblin in the eyes with a deep, seething hatred, bile welled up in her throat, and with a coarse sound, she spat it into the laughing Goblin’s face.

Instantly, the Goblin fell quite, its eyes growing cold and its face expressionless as it sheathed its sword and used the hand to wipe away the spittle. It stared at it in its hand for a moment, as if in contemplation, and then gently placed the girl on the ground. Confused, Merry could only stand there, when in the next moment the goblin balled its bony fist tightly and slammed it into the left side of the small girls face.

Merry only heard a small pop, as the left side of her vision went dark, and she was sent flying several feet away. Moaning in pain as she struggled to move, Merry watched in fear as the Goblin slowly walked towards her. It was no longer smiling as it slowly drew its rusty blade, still wet with her Mother’s blood. Laying back down in resignation, unable to tell if her face was wet with tears or blood, Merry watched in silence, her heart strangely calm.

Suddenly, there was the sound of a snapping branch, and the Goblins eyes shot up, looking past her. Merry could only feel a slight breeze as a dark shadow shot past, slamming heavily into the Forest Goblin and sending it flying several feet. The Goblin stood up, it looked at the shadow and screamed in rage.

The last thing Merry remembered before her passing out was the shadow looking down at her, a strange light in its eyes, like a tiny candle flickering in a field of darkness.

thrynki and ranobesuki like this.
  19. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 is up. Its a little rough and needs proofreading, but its twice the last chapter.

20. Andyman301

Andyman301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really a fan of chapters that split off from the MC. Especially so early on. I'll wait till more is up before I make a final decision.

ranobesuki likes this.