Novel Gaming Crossover

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by shsx71, May 2, 2017.

1. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Rumble): “Alright author! Let's start the story. OH, I can't wait how it is going to look like.” A small young red dragon stood on his hind legs and talked.

Well my little draconic friend, let's begin. (I replied to that dragon)

(Rumble): “(looks at the 4th wall) Do you hear that readers? Sit back and relax. The story begins.”

Hey, I am the one who tells the story here!

(Rumble): “Relax! Relax! I'm not going to interrupt you, just begin, ” and he comically pulled an empty black hole and jumped inside it before the black hole disappeared.

*sigh* okay here I go:

The Sun rose from the horizon, and its rays slowly illuminated new Tokyo. Many houses were getting into view as the sun continued casting its light on them. Among the rows of houses, there was a vibrant colored one. Inside it, a gorgeous young girl woke up from slumber. Her name was Rin...

(Rumble): “her real name is Rai...” The red cartoon dragon suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Rumble! Don't spoil the story!

(Rumble): “chill pal, I just got too excited (looks at the 4th wall) Alright boys and girls get ready! Because Umblegang is going to rumble aha ha ha” and he left without stopping his laughs *sigh*.

Well, where am I… ah oh yes! Rin Amari woke up as the golden sun rays illuminated her smooth white skin and her long glossy hair with a color like pink roses. She had a face and body that would make even the slightest glint from men fall into her charm. She opened her eyes, which were like fresh oranges that shone like diamonds.

The alarm clock displayed 6 am, it was a perfect time for preparation so she got up from the bed, took off her nightgown and cleansed her smooth porcelain-like skin. After her bath, she put a blue sleeveless shirt, a jeans shorts and a pair of brown gladiator sandals. After eating her breakfast, she drove to the college.

The college located very far from home, and she must wake up very early to make in time. Fortunately, Rin got the driving license two years ago In Californeo and drove her inherited Honda Civic Sedan 2016 after her father had passed away.

She picked up her best friends Hatsune Ryoko , Liu Er Ming, Nodoka Ain and Samaria Azwani. They were friends since elementary school and now they were going to the same college.

(Hatsune): ”Rin, have you done your part of work?" Her best friend asked.

(Rin): “Yea, I have done it!” Rin replied with a smile. The other two girls smiled as well.

Hatsune was Rin’s childhood friend. She was now a very mature young woman. Her dark soil colored hair touched her shoulders in a curved fashion. Her eyes were like chocolate. She wore a light blue sleeveless shirt and white knee high jeans-skirt exposing her curves. Her footwear was raven high heels boots and fishnet stockings, that made her more seductive to boys. In short her, beauty is slightly above an average commoner girl.
    Both She and Rin had played together in their younger days, despites she knew Rin's significant flaws; Cartoons, Anime, Manga/Comics, Novels and off course video games addictions. Hatsune also knew Rin's favorite cartoon was Umblegangs Dragon Adventures, which was about five cartoony baby dragons venturing into the vast world and making fun of enemies.

Liu Er was Rin's another best friend. Even though She was immigrant from an ancient kingdom, the Xuanxian kingdom, her style does not: Her heavily braided hair color is slightly darker than Rin's, and her eyes are like amethyst. Unlike Rin, whose face was childlike, Liu Er's face resembles beautiful princesses from Chinese mythologies and novels. Her attires were western green sports jumpsuit, which was entirely opposite expectations for being an imperial princess.
    She and Rin had been once rivals in multiple sports including fighting. Rin had had no chances against Liu Er in combat, but she was superior in atlethics due to her constant hyperactivity. They also trained in the same, all girls gym.

Nodoka loved to read books and spend time with her friends. She wore a blue summer dress, black stocking, and purple leather boots. Her style was like a Japanese nerd. Like Rin she also had gentle personality but with timidness.

Samaria was Rin's cooking mentor. She had long braided black hair, ruby eyes, and reflective brown skin. Her attire was blue cropped jeans, lime-green sleeved shirt with a horizontal white oval with black writings: "I am the best cook <3" on it and brown converse shoes. Her friends loved to visit her house because she was the best cook in the college, even her parents were professional cooks, who worked at a 5-star restaurant.

(Rin): “Hatsune, Lin Er, Nodoka, Samaria, we are here.”

They arrived at the front of an enormous building with lots of isolation windows around it. Some part of the building even had towers and some places were connected with glass bridges. Time was running out so they hurried inside towards their classes.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  3. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The college’s interior was enormous. it was flooded with students so anyone could be unlucky enough to get stampeded. However, no one had gotten injured.

Inside the class, the teacher was teaching the students. Rin was one of whom attended. Everyone in the class knew that she was one of the brightest students in the class, despite the fact that she's a cartoon- and game addict.

Soon the class had ended, Rin and her friends went outside to the schoolyard and had fun.

(Samaria):” Girls I brought 4 people quantity of biryani, wanna eat?”

Hearing her friend say the word "Biryani" made Rin color her face red. The biryani was Indian most famous traditional food and also very spicy. Rin had tasted biryani before, and her tongue had felt the burning sensation along with many delicious aromas.

Samaria laughed at her reaction and reveals a large, round, steel lunchbox. There, an irresistible fragrance of biryani struck all her friends' noses. And the food's taste, they gobbled it like hungry animals. The girls belched and became embarrassed then laughed heartily together.

Unknown to them, a shadowy figure sat under the shadow of a large tree and stalking at the girls from twenty meters away. The mysterious figure was a malicious looking boy. The boy stared at Rin with hatred, envy and most of all lust. The boy's attire was entirely black and gray, and his eyes were covered by the shadow of his hoodie. An invisible murderous aura swirled around the boy.

(Boy): “Someday you will be mine, not in this world but in virtual reality” the boy sneered silently while staring at her.

After the lunch, Rin walked across the corridor and headed towards her class. Suddenly she bumped into the very black clad boy.

(Rin): “Sorry!”

The boy turned his head halfway so his left eye could stare at her with bloodlust.

(Boy): “The prophecy is told, once the rainbow strikes, you will disappear from the world” and he left.

Rin felt an ominous presence from the black-clad boy, but she didn't mind.

The class lasted 2 hours, Rin, along with her friends, gathered together at their lockers.

(Rin): "Girls I have forgotten to tell you something, I recently have bought a new video game console from the supermarket, and It doesn't look like any existing console." as excited as ever, she told them about the new console.
    But her smiling face suddenly turned into a confused expression.
    (Rin): "I bumped into a boy, who stared at me and said: "the prophecy is told, once the rainbow strikes, you will disappear from the world." Is it true what he said? It somehow creeps me out."

(Liu Er): "Hmph, don't mind that boy, once a creep, always a creep, he is nothing but full of lies." Liu Er scoffed.

(Rin): "Yea but somehow I am having a bad feeling about this."

(Hatsune): "Don't worry Rin, that creep is just a pervert, who haven't gotten any girls, just staying away from him is enough"

Rin nodded at Hatsune's encouragement and after that, they left the college.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a long trip for Rin. She dropped all her friends at their homes, and Samaria's house was somehow the farthest from her own and the college.

Dropping her friends home was one of the favorite things Rin like to do. It was "time-spending" also she was obliged to do it. Half an hour passed before she arrive home.

She unpacked all her items inside her silver leather bag and afterwards she started doing homework. What Rin has to finish until next week was her English essay, which the topic about the strange phenomenon.

(Rin): "Finally once I'm done with my homework, I can enjoy with my new gaming console," she thought with happiness.

She sat on the chair, opened the laptop, browsed through multiple files, opened the document and begun typing.

Suddenly the atmosphere outside darkened. The rainwater rushed down from the clouds and splashed all surfaces on the land.

Lightning struck and the first victim was a large tree in the forest far from Rin's home. The lightning sparks lit up the tree trunk, but the heavy rainfalls extinguished all the fires.

Then another lightning struck, and this time it hit a power grid in the neighbor city. Then another strike, and another, and another.

It was a horrifying sight. If she sees outside, her heart would beat so fast that it would beat like a newborn baby. Good thing she had earplugs during her homework.

After 2 hours she ultimately lost her focus to work and pulled black Nintendo DS out from the metallic-pink desktop drawer. She then took out earbuds from her right jacket pocket.

Then a lightning bolt suddenly lit up her backyard burning all the grasses and the thunderclap forced her heart to jump in shock .

(Rin):"Ahh! O Lord please I don't want to die!" she pleaded inside her heart.

She hurriedly put the earbuds on, synced with the handheld console and started playing. The game she was playing was "Sonic Rush Adventure," one of her favorite game in all time.

The rain kept falling and it concerned her. She then, whom still held the DS in her right palm, opened the patio doors and walked towards the balcony.

She stood on the balcony floor and felt the puddle of cold water with her bare feet. The cold droplet dripped from head to toes and huge numbers of blue and violet electric lights flashed in the clouds. Sometimes they hit with either one, two or more lightning bolts.

Every time the bolts flashed, her heart beat faster until a certain point of time she remembered the black-clad boy's words:

(Black-clad boy): "the prophecy is told. Once the rainbow lightning strikes, you will disappear from the world."

His mere word shivered her through the spines, and that alone was enough to make her tremble.

Speaking of the rainbow lightning, she once again looked into the sky, and yet no multicolored electric bolt appeared.

(Rin): "(sigh) well it's pretty much my imagination, so Hatsune and Liu Er are right, that creepy guy is speaking nonsense. Well, I better dry myself up."

The remembrance of her friends words comforted her and she confidently went inside while thinking nothing would happen. But she was wrong.

After passing through the patio doors, all the electronics suddenly malfunctioned: The TV flashed with strange lights, the lights gone on and off repeatedly, the machines were running uncontrollably, and her house started shaking as an earthquake had occurred.

Rin ran to her bed and clung in as her life was depending on it.

In the sky bright sparks emerged from the dark clouds. It started to charge very fast. The rainbow lights illuminated the shadows. From every households viewpoint the sky was changing color or a rainbow aurora appeared.

It discharged straight into Rin's household. The electricity of millions of colors channeled through wires, pipes lines, even woods until it touched her.

Rin didn't have enough time to scream, let alone breathe and feel pain.

After this moment she fell unconscious under the dazzling rainbow light and disappeared from her room, her home, her world.

Far from New Tokyo, a large hut located on a tall cliff. The house had an antenna on the roof for wireless connection and solar panels for power supplies.

Inside that lived the same evil boy from the college and he had an evil smirk on his face.

(boy): "at last, the prophecy is true. Now Amari Rin, you are mine forever, and nothing can save you anymore ha ha hahaha (evil laugh)."

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  5. strayCat0

strayCat0 What are you doing right now?

Reading List:
    Link
    Use the spoiler tag so that no one get confused

Indiboy likes this.
  6. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me give some suggestions
    Childish -> like a child in a bad sense
    Childlike -> like a child with positive emotion

Also,
    You can use Spoiler tags to show Chapters. In the first post itself and post a comment whenever u post a new chapter... So that tjose watching the thread can know about it... And it looks clean.

~~~~~~~~
    Check out my blog: http://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs...ing-of-web-novels-chapters-into-one-epub.123/

shsx71 likes this.
  7. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A pair of crystalline oranges stared into the starless black sky. Cubes with black faces with green laser outlines neatly formed tons of platforms everywhere. Some laser platforms floated in midair independently had various shapes like squares, prisms and other polygons and polyhedrons. Millions of binary numbers swarmed back and forth, formed and deformed platforms with themselves.

(Rin): "Where am I?" Rin blinked twice to make sure she was just hallucinating, but to her dismay, this was not a hallucination.

A horrifying fear suddenly enveloped her heart. A fear she had never felt, and it extended way more when she remembered the evil lad's word:

(Black-clad boy): "The prophecy is told. Once the rainbow lightning strikes, you will disappear from the world."

She then notified an edge on her left side and with curiosity, she crawled slowly towards it. Nevertheless, she jumped several meters back in fright from a mere peek.

(Rin): "Oh my God... Oh Lord, please save me, I don't want to die!" Rin pleaded in desperation.

Tears rolled down from her eyes, but at that moment she heard some strange, cartoony voices.

(Unknown voice 1#): "(laugh) Umblegang! That is priceless hahaha" a cute cartoony, yet bit raspy voice laughed hysterically.

(Unknown voice 2#): "Hmmph~." Another voice came out but was unable to say something.

(Unknown voice 3#): "Ooh~ marshmallows (licks) yuck! Aww~ no marshmallows." A small goofy voice uttered in disappointment.

(Unknown voice 4#): "Of course it's not a marshmallow you idiot. It is a girl's BUTT you're licking for the God's sake, and no one LICKS marshmallows." Another voice emerged out of nowhere, but this time it was raspier one.

Rin blushed heavily because of the statement from the grumbling voice.

(Unknown voice 5#): "Umblegang, let me free you. E-Excuse me miss; you're sitting on my brothers." A nervous voice emerged from behind Rin.

She turned her head and saw a small, gray dragonling standing upright on its hind legs; it had two pairs silver eyes with reptilian slit pupil, two pairs of little gray wings, four silver horns, four tender limbs and a 2 feet long tail. It wore a pair white gloves with silver bracelet attached to each and white sneakers. Not even a second had passed when Rin recognized the baby dragon.

(Rin): "Humble?"

(Humble): "Gah! H-How did you k-know my n-name?" the gray anthropomorphic dragonling outcried nervously.

(Rin): "Well... it's kind of hard to explain, but I've seen your show many times."

(Unknown voice 1#): "Wait, you have seen us many times through the show? Do you like it?" Another dragonling appeared out of nowhere with a similar body but was red instead of silver and wore similar white cartoony gloves but with golden bracelets instead of silver.

(Rin): "Like it? I LOVE it! It's my favorite tv show of all time. And You're Rumble right?!" Rin gleefully replied.

(Rumble): "(turns towards the 4th wall) wow, she knows us! If an anime girl like her (points his right thumb at Rin) likes us then why don't we like her too? (turns towards Rin and his brothers) Hahaha! You hear that Umblegang?! She loves our show. We finally have the opportunity to meet a fan from beyond our universe."

(unknown voice 4#): "Yea I get it Rumble, but can someone please remove a massive object from us?" the raspy and grumbling voice responded.

Rin felt three soft objects on her buttcheeks. After she got up, three anthropomorphic dragons; blue, green and yellow, were flattened like a pancake. But in no time they recovered to their original shape, which was same as the silver and red ones.

(Rin): "I'm sorry. I didn't know you guys were here" Rin said in apologetic manners and performed dogeza.

(Blue Dragon): "Umblegang, what's she doing?" The blue one dumbfounded,

(Green Dragon): "Is she doing yoga? Hue~ hue~. I can do that too." The green dragon goofily laughed.

(Humble): "Umblegang, I think it's her way to apologize other people."

(Rumble): "Good one Humble. That apologizing act she is doing is called dogeza Crumble. It is widely used in Japan, well only if a Japanese person seriously messes up."

(Blue Dragon): "Really? It's the first time I hear that." the blue dragon known as Crumble replied.

(Yellow Dragon): "Yea, like she is doing now." The topaz-scaled dragonling scoffed.

(Yellow Dragon): "But Umblegang, shan't we introduce us to her? After all, we don't know her name though."

(Crumble): "You got the point Grumble, Umblegang why don't we introduce ourselves to her, even though she knows us."

Rumble gave an IDK posture then stared at Rin.

(Rumble): "Ok girl you can stop doing dogeza. Let introduce ourselves. I'm Rumble, the red dragon standing in front of you. And here's my quintuplet brothers. The blue one is Crumble, The green one is Trumble, The yellow one is Grumble, and the last and not least the gray dragon here is Humble." Rumble introduced himself and pulled Humble beside his right shoulder.

(Rumble): "And we call ourselves UMBLEGANG!" The other four dragonlings repeated along with him.

Rin knew them since her childhood, Now it's her turns to introduce.

(Crumble): "What is your name my lovely girl, and where do you come from? Umblegang can't wait to get along with you on an adventure."

(Rin): "Alright if you say so Crumble. Umblegang, my name is Amari Rin, I am 18 years old and I live in a city called New Tokyo."

(Trumble): "New Tokyo? I have never heard of it"

The other dragons also had question marks over their heads.

Rin saw their expression and explained everything about her hometown.

(Rumble): "Wow, she really isn't an earthling. Well, that's true because her natural hair color is pink which is nonexistent on Earth."

(Rin): "Whom are you speaking to Rumble? Is it the 4th wall?"

(Rumble): "What!? how did she know that?... Oh, yeah she's our fan. Hahaha, you guessed it right Rin, I have a tendency to speak to the audiences and readers too."

Rin was now very excited because she could now experience the adventures with her favorite cartoon characters. If she was alone in the digital void, she would be scared for rest of her life.

Rumble noticed her delightful expression and observed the world at the same time. A lightbulb appeared out of nowhere and lit above his head.

(Rumble): "Hey Rin, how about we call you Rain instead because pronouncing Rin feels cringeworthy, (looks at the fourth wall) Here it comes readers, the real story begins here hahaha."

(Rin/Rain): "If Rumble says so, then I'll call myself Rain for now on" Rain smiled.

(Rumble): "(looks at the fourth wall) Hahaha it happened. In your face author! (laughs hysterically)." Rumble teased me again *sigh* does that little dragon ever shut up?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the void of the digital matrix, a company of 6 had a lively conversation.

Rain felt a warmth inside her heart. Whenever they did something hilarious, she giggled, and they laughed.

The dragons also accepted her as a new member of Umblegang.

She asked them how to get out from the digital world. The four dragons shrugged except Rumble, he pulled a notepad out from thin air and drew some complicated sketches.

(Rumble): "Umblegang! Come here! I know where we are!"

The other four dragons gathered around him, but not for long when Crumble noticed Rain was staying behind.

(Crumble): "Rain, c'mon, Rumble called us." He called her.

Rain realized that she was also a member and went towards the gathering. Rumble completed drawing the sketches on the notepad and explained the Umblegang about the world.

(Rumble): "I know what this world is like, Rain. You said that you got struck by lighting."

(Rain): "Yes."

(Rumble): "And you have recently bought the latest gaming console."

(Rain): "Yes, that's true."

(Rumble): "And that nasty boy's prophecy you've told was also true right?"

Rain shivered at his last question; She did not want to remember the lad who sent her into this realm.

(Rumble): "I take it as yes, and Rain, according to sources I've gathered, we are in the world of video games!" he beamed out, making her head tilt in confusion.

(Rain): "World of games? Am I inside a virtual reality?"

(Rumble): "(laugh) Exactly and a platformer game on top of that, and as obvious as it is, you can get out from this world when completing the level." Rumble comically traced a simulation of a platformer game on the air.

Grumble suddenly pointed at her, that her clothes were not fit for the adventure. Rain checked herself again; she was still wearing her sleeveless shirt and blue jeans shorts and no footwear.

But that problem was solved, when Trumble suddenly spat out pink bath curtain and both he and Humble flew over and covered her. Crumble then landed on top of the curtain and pulled out a large wooden bucket from behind and poured all the water on her.

She felt the liquid strip her naked, sprouted new textiles in rapid speeds and transformed them into clothing that matched perfectly on her body, not too tight, so her clothes would be revealing nor too loose, so they would be uncomfortable to wear.

Within few seconds after Crumble had poured down the water, Humble and Trumble unraveled the curtain revealing her in a different outfit.

Rain couldn't believe it, how did they manage to change her clothes without physically stripping her?

She looked at her clothes again and turned out that she appeared like an explorer with headphones: Red hiking boots, green hiking shorts, green half-sleeved kevlar shirt and a silver/violet Bluetooth headphone with a dedicated high-tech tactical goggle. The textiles clothing already existed in her world, but a headphone with built-in ballistic eyewear was something new.

Suddenly the visor activated and multiple high-tech holographic images, akin to a science-fiction window, displayed on the screen. Rain jerked back under its sudden activation, then calmed down.

Rumble comically shoved his right claw inside Trumble's mouth and pulled out a small backpack with an "i" shaped reflector sewn at the front. He gave it over to her. Rain was unable to say anything else about this cute bag.

(Rain): "waa~, so cute~. I wonder what this bag can do?"

(Rumble): "Behold, This backpack is called iBag. It can store all kinds of items, stuff and anything you know what I mean. It is very useful for your adventure and try not to lose it! (turns his head towards his brothers) Umblegang, this bag will also be our new nesting hut." Rumble enthusiastically introduced the gadget.

He pulled out a yellow electronic tablet out of thin air. It had a thickness of a loaf of bread, smooth edges, round corners, 4K screen and 220 megapixels camera. After a few moments of browsing, he showed it to her.

Rain saw thousands of green squares forming into a slender island with two different colored dots located on each end.

(Rumble): "Ok Rain, can you see these two dots on each side of this island?"

(Rain): "Yes, but what are they? aren't the orange one me and the golden one is the goal?"

(Rumble): "hahaha! That's correct, the orange dot on the bottom end is you, and the golden one at the top is the goal! It's that simple!"

(Rain): "Really?! Then I'm not really in a platforming game..."

(Crumble): "Don't beat yourself up Rain! You're lucky that you have a map. Otherwise, it will be harder to find the goal, Also keep in mind that some platforming games do have maps."

Rain acknowledged and sprinted ahead, but four comically extended arms (front legs) instantly grabbed and dragged her back.

(Grumble): "Hey! Are you a crazy girl!? What's going on with the Numbskull of yours?! Do you even know what's ahead?!" The yellow dragonling burst out in anger and agitation.

(Humble): "Grumble is right Rain. Taking action without proper preparation is no difference than having a death wish or worse" Humble silently advised.

(Rain): "Sorry guys, ((Crumble):"Umblegang!") Umblegang for acting without thinking." the girl apologized.

(Rumble): "Phew, that was a close one or else she might be in danger so don't act without caution people, hehe." He broke the fourth wall again.

Then Rumble told her how to survive in a game world like tutorials in videogames.

He switched another app in his tablet and revealed it to her

Rain became surprised that the display on the screen showed the same thing her visor showed.

The bottom left corner showed a chibi version of Rain's head with a multiplication sign and a "3". That was her life counter, and the number indicated she has three lives.

On the upper left corner, the screen displayed a white "100" with a red bar after. Rain recognized that symbol. It was her health indicator.

Underneath the health bar was four gold colored 0's. That was a counter for the collectible items like coins. Currently, Rain had no idea which collectible items she might collect, but she mostly expected gold coins.

Below the collectible counter was a green, radar-like map; the same map Rumble had explained a while ago.

Ten white digit numbers were in the upper right corner of the screen, All of them showed 0's. That was a score counter.

Last and not least a reflective circle with a white "i" showed on the lower right corner. Rain curiously pressed the icon, and suddenly both the tablet screen and the eyewear viewed lots of transparent blue squares.

(Rain): "This is inventory!? So iBag means inventory Bag and that "i" icon is inventory icon?! Wow, awesome!~."

(Rumble): "Alright Rain, Did you get what these functions do?"

(Rain): "Yes" she replied with determination.

(Rumble): "That's my girl (laughs)! Umblegang are you ready?!" Rumble declared.

(Crumble): "hehe I'm born ready."

(Trumble): "Oooohhh~ Adventure time! Adventure time!"

(Grumble): "(lol) count me in!"

(Humble): "I-I am ready to go!"

(Rumble): "What about you Rain?"

(Rain): "I'll do my best!"

(Rumble): "Excellent! Umblegang, let's go (laugh loudly)."

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  9. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rain looked up ahead. She had no idea what could lie beyond, a trap? Enemies? Dynamic platforms? She could only prepare for anything.

After she had finished her resolve, Rain launched herself from the former position.

She kept running until a giant wall blocked her way. The wall was like fifty stories building with hundreds of rectangular platforms attached at the front. The platforms glowed with a crystallic blue light.

Lucky for her, the distances between the platforms were not very far, so even an average person could climb on it.

She stretched her arms and grabbed at the edge of the nearest light platform. It was surprisingly not burning hot nor sharp. However after climbing on top of the 20th platform Rain took a few breath.

The Umblegang watched her rise from one platform to the other and cheered loudly especially Rumble, Crumble and Grumble.

(Rumble, Crumble & Grumble): “Rain~ (repeats three times)” all three of them took a handful of popcorn and cheered together so loud that covered their other brothers' voice.

Rain could finally feel the wall's edge after reaching the 100th platform. Her arms were almost numb, so she used her legs as the final attempt.

The friction between the hiking soles and the wall was far greater than rubber on asphalt, so she moved upwards with little effort.

(Rumble): “(looks at the fourth wall) Wow, she made it. That glowing orange orb with three white light orbiting around is the checkpoint, once she loses a life she will return to that point. (turn towards his brothers) Umblegang look! A checkpoint!”

(Trumble): “Huh? Where?”

Rumble grabbed his snout and pivoted towards the checkpoint’s location.

(Rumble): “There.”

(Trumble): “Ah! There is it! But Umblegang is that really a checkpoint?”

The others either facepalmed or rolled their eyes. Grumble on the other hand chased after him.

Rain giggled at all the gags and brawls happening inside the iBag.

She remembered the checkpoint which Rumble spoke of, but she had no idea how it works: Must she touch it or pass it?

(Rain) “I wonder what happens if I touch that. Rumble said that that orb is harmless, well I better find out myself.” She curiously stretched her right arm towards it.

Suddenly, an orange light engulfed her, and a blueish text box appeared simultaneously.

[Checkpoint reached]

(Rain): “Ah~, so that’s how it works.”

She then darted towards the other end of the wall but stopped when a giant slide showed up. It was as big as a highway and as clear as ice. It traversed diagonally to the bottom of a platform that was almost impossible to spot with the naked eye.

The glasslike transparency made her curious She put her right hand on its surface, but something was off, the texture was like oil yet har hand remained dry.

But when Rain sat on the slide, she slipped all the way to the other end.

(Rain): "AHH~!!!..."

*BAM!*

(Rain): “Oww~.”

Rain hugged a curved wall with a face flattened like a pancake.

The dragons rolled on the floor and laughed nonstop.

(Rumble): “hahaha(laughs loudly)!!! Umblegang!!! This girl is priceless!!! (looks at the 4. Wall) this adventure will be great!!! (laughs)” Rumble shed a tear.

(Crumble): ”hahaha!!! Yea”

(Other Umblegang) “(laughs loudly)”

Rain finally got back to her senses and realized that she’s on a huge helical platform, which extruded from the giant green cylinder she had crashed. The platform's angle wasn't steep, and its height was no taller than a five stories building.

(Rain): “I wonder where this leads to?” She said and ran to the top.

For some reason, she activated her visor and checked the map. The orange dot was still halfway from the other end, but that didn't stop her to move forward.

After reaching the top, Rain saw seven hexagons aligned on the cylinders left. They flashed with neon cyan light. The distance between them and the way they appeared and disappeared was only for those who were skilled in parkour. However, it would be a child's play for Rain if it weren't for the bottomless pit.

(Rain): "Ok, these platforms expands and collapses every 7 seconds so that it won't be too hard." She thought confidently.

She took a deep breath then dashed hard towards the first six-edged polygon. Her shoe soles successfully gripped the hexagon's surfaces. She moved from one hex to another like a frog.

But little did she know when an energy hammer from above flicked her off from the final hexagon.

(Rumble): "(sigh) What a simple girl... looks like she isn't aware of her surroundings after all... but anyway, she fell to her doom. Her heart beats faster every second. When she touched the abyss, her healthbar reduced all way to zero. So she suddenly felt a pain so painful that she couldn't stay awake any longer...

Just kidding! hahahaha! Rain still has two more lives, so there is no way she can die so easily! Alright, everyone! See you later in the next chapter (laughs and jumps off)" And he literally jumped out from the screen without leaving traces.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  10. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meanwhile, in the real world, a loud glass-shattering sound echoed through the forest.

The noise came from the simple hut which located on a tall mountain cliff.

(Black clad boy): “Where is she!!!” The boy roared and tossed a figurine.

The hut’s interior was flooded with broken dolls, torn wallpapers and destroyed cassettes along with their contents.

(Black clad boy): ”(pants twice) must find her (pant)! I must find her!” he evil boy panted heavily then smirked.

He lifted both his hand into the air and a whirlpool of black mist emitted from the tips of his fingers.

It became denser and expanded as it devoured the entire house.

(Black clad boy): “Now with my dark magic, I shall create an unstoppable monster!” With that said he cast the mist at the computer.

The dark fogs merged with the circuits and channeled all the way towards the screen.

They all gathered there and merged into a hideous monster: It has a formless body of black flames and has eyes like molten copper.

(Shadow monster): “What is your command my lord?” it spoke with a deep demonic voice.

(Black clad boy): “My command is that you will bring this girl to me.” the boy revealed a small portrait of Rin.

(Shadow monster): “Yes, my lord” The dark being nodded.

(Black clad boy): “Before you go after her Virus, make an army of allies so that it may become much easier.” The boy advised.

(Virus): “Allies? Which creatures shall I ally with?”

(Black clad boy): “Video game enemies. Video game opponents from all genres and no, you shall not accompany them but make them do your biddings.”

Virus’ expression changed, he didn't expect his creator give him a territory to rule. Moreover just to capture a single frail girl.

(Virus): “My lord is generous. I, Virus shall fulfill your wishes (laugh).” Virus laughed and disappeared.

(Black clad boy): “Now I have an army of minions in the digital world. Nothing can stop me now; nothing can prevent me from capturing Rin.” The black clad boy laughed deviously as well.

---

Back in the digital realm the checkpoint intensified its orange light, spawned a natural, beautiful girl and died down.

(Rain): “Eh? What happened? How am I still alive? I thought I died!” Rain wondered

But that puzzled expression disappeared when she saw the life counter read “2” instead of “3”.

(Rain)”I lost a life?! (Sigh) I better pull myself together this time.” Rain sat on the slide again, but Rumble and Crumble held her back.

(Rumble): “Rain, I’m gonna give Ya just a little advice: Do not die. If you die, you'll lose a life, but if you die and lose all your life then it's game over, and you'll have to start all over again, basically speaking you'll be trapped here forever.”

(Crumble): “One more thing, here, put them on your shoes.” Crumble comically summoned a pair of strange devices out of nowhere and gave them to her.

The devices looked like shoe-shaped aluminum metal stripes with three hot-pink colored housings; two at the sides and one on the front. Rain put them on and activated it. Suddenly her body feels several times lighter.

(Rain): “Umblegang, this is amazing! My body feels lighter than a feather! But is it also possible for you to draw an interdimensional gate or something similar? Also, can you teleport other people with your ability?”

(Rumble): “As long as it is funny it's possible matey haha, (looks at the 4th. wall) beware! this story might contain some dark and nasty elements so be careful readers!”

(Rain): “Then why can't you send me directly to the goal? Or bring me out from this game and back home?”

(Crumble): “That is both good and bad idea!”

(Rain): “why?” She tilted her head.

(Crumble): “Because the right idea is you will save time and effortlessly finish the level and return home safely, but the bad idea is because this world is a tutorial level and you need to learn how to adapt and survive without relying too much on us.”

(Rumble): “Don't forget that it won't be a story anymore, nor will you have an exciting adventure with us, if you quit this game just now hahaha!”

Rain understood what they mean: If you rely too much on them you won't learn anything and escaping too early won't be an exciting adventure. That was something she dislikes after meeting with The Umblegang.

With that, her supportive dragonlings returned inside her iBag, except Rumble where he laid himself on her head.

(Rumble): "So. are you ready?"

Rain was already curious about the strange gadgets on her boots that made her body lighter than a feather.

When she took pace, her surroundings blurred and her legs were like a spinning wheel.

Thanks to the devices’ additional features, she could easily maneuver under 160 km/h speeds. The slide and the helical cylinder were now nothing more than a playground.

The Umblegangs inside beside Rumble, who laughed, dropped their jaws on the ground after seeing her performance: She did things several times better than before.

The only problem was the dynamic hexagons and of course the unpredictable energy hammer.

She halted and took a good look at the platforms which took her life. When the nearest hex reappeared, she instantly leaped on it and skipped the gaps.

But then the same energy hammer showed up and tried to smack Rain off, but this time she jumped ahead quickly before the hammer could make an impact.

Although she dodged that infernal hammer, she barely landed on the edge of a ramp like a platform and held at its foot.

Rain pulled herself up and saw a skyscraper sized parabolic ramp. Its height and steepness were enough to daze her.

Because of that she accidentally put her left foot on a red panel with motioning yellow arrows and forced her to dash all the way to the top with blinding speed and still had the momentum to be airborne.

Rain felt like an overseer of a world as she saw a green shrine, a neon-blue tube, a massive inverted green pyramid and four giant golden lights orbiting different axis on the same center point on top of another floating altar.

They didn't look very far in Birdseye view; only three platforms left.

The gravity then managed to overpower the flight energy and pulled Rain down towards a familiar orange orb.

[Checkpoint reached]

(Rain):” Another checkpoint?! Yes! I don't have to worry about starting over again.” Rain smiled and looked at the cylinder with a diameter of 1 meter connected the platform she stood and the inverted pyramid.

(Humble): “Rain Wait! That platform doesn't look stable” Humble informed.

(Rain): “What do you mean Humble?”

Trumble jumped out from the iBag and landed on the cylinder bridge for inspection.

Suddenly it rotated when he leaned slightly towards the right, but Trumble comically ran to the other side and got stuck on the rotating cylinder as forever. Unfortunately, he fell.

(Rain): “Trumble!...”

(Rumble): “Relax, he'll come back in no time.” The red dragon reassured.

(Trumble):” Hue~ hue~ hue~ (flies down and lands beside Rumble)” Trumble appeared in the air out of nowhere and landed beside his red twin brother.

Rain blew some air and resumed carefully on the yellow cylinder.

The surface was indeed smooth but not slippery. However the most problematic was the rotational part. One wrong move and Rain would end same fate as before.

Fortunately, Rain was a professional slackliner during her childhood and she once even danced on the rope which connected between five stories buildings when she was 14. So crossing the cylinder bridge was no problem.

Rain saw a strange object attached to the center of the ground of the inverted pyramid she currently stood.

The object's feature was akin to bounce pads from Sonic the Hedgehog games as far Rain reminded but has colors of grasses instead of plain red.

The bounce pad positioned in an angular direction, which fueled Rain even more with curiosity.

(Rain): "It's a bounce pad! Rumble let's give it a try."

(Rumble): "No problem. It's scripted, so you won't have to worry to fall off Rain. Good luck." Rumble gave her a thumbs up.

She gulped some air and jumped on the small, mushroom-shaped trampoline.

Just as Rumble had said, the bounce pad launched her all the way into the air and towards another familiar bounce pad, which floated in mid air, also propelled her to the another same mushroom objects.

In that time Rain felt an unknown sensation; Some thing that could make any person carefree and free from boundaries.

(Rain) "[k]It feels like I'm Sonic[/k]."

Rain was unaware of the last bounce pad that shot her straight into the four balls of lights.

Suddenly a golden flash followed by white one enveloped her and died down.

[Goal Reached!]

[Score: 0 = 0]

[Time: 10:00 = 600]

[Orbs: 0 = 0]

[Total: 600]

[Rank: E]

Rain jerked in surprise at the result screen suddenly appeared on her eyewear. But she became disappointed at the "E" she achieved and sighed.

(Rumble): "UMBLEGANG!!! LOOK! A PORTAL!" Rumble burst out and pointed at the giant blue ring with a swirling blue mist inside.

(Grumble): "Finally an exit! Rain, Umblegang, Let's get out of here from this infernal level!" The yellow dragon commented inside iBag.

Rain nodded at her cartoon companions and inserted her right leg into the whirlpool, which later rest of her body followed.

---

The portal led the girl and the dragons into an open world of breathtaking sceneries.

(Rain): "Wow... It's so beautiful" Rain was stunned at the world's terrain.

(Rumble): "Gotta agree, this place is neat!" Rumble added.

(Rumble): "(looks at the 4th. wall) Well that's for today folks, see ya at the next chapter for the explorations! hahaha! (jumps off from the existence/screen)"

11. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meanwhile outside the real world, Samaria took a slice of bread and took a bite of it. She looked happy now that her parents came back home. But she waited too long, where is Rin? Why is she late? What happened to her?

Rewritten here

(Hatsune): ”Girls, did you know where Rin is? Yesterday she was here and now she didn’t showed up. Something happened to her?”

(Samaria):” I guess she became ill thanks to cold.”

(Er Ming):”Rin is one heck of a hyper active girl, there is no way she can get cold so easily, remember once she wore swimsuit in winter and came back home without getting cold?”

(Hatsune):” Yes I know, but still why didn’t she show up in the college today?”

... continue

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  12. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My story is written in Wattpad with different title named Gametrek, because two reason: reasonable title and resource allocation

13. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I'm back here, But i needed a Covor for my novel..

14. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the real world, Samaria took a bite on a slice of bread. While her mother took a good time cleaning the dishes, and her father grooming himself. Her phone rang.

(Hatsune):" hey Samaria, you ready?"

(Samaria):" yeah sure, I am ready." Samaria replied with a smile.

(Hatsune): "by the way, I talked with Ling Er and Nodoka, did you know what happened to Rin?"

(Samaria): "No, why?"

(Hatsune): "She's missing."

(Samaria): "What! How!"

Samaria broke a cold sweat, so did her friends when they discovered that their best friend was gone.

Hatsune told her why she went missing but even she didn't know how Rin disappeared.

It took a while for her to process everything in order; Rin disappeared yesterday and before she vanished, Rin had probably played her favorite game, because she did tell her friends.

Because Samaria lived far from Rin's home, she never saw thunderstorms let alone a bolt of strange rainbow lightning.

Her father Rajesh Azwani called her and opened the rear door for her.

(Rumble): "What a gentleman of a father, hahaha. Man I wished I saw my old man"

Not now Rumble and don't interrupt my story.

(Rumble): "Right... As she entered her father's car, she got another call and this time it was principal himself? Author where did principal come out from... Nah let me fix that"

Rumble stop! Don't miss my story u.. mmmph...

(Rumble): "There! It was Hatsune again, and she asked her bout a strange event yesterday night. That yesterday night was abo-"

Ok, you're done here Rumble, now where was I again? Yes!

While Samaria and Rajesh drove to the highway. Hatsune called her again.

(Hatsune): "Samaria, did you have a stormy weather yesterday night?"

(Samaria): "Sorry Hatsune, But we didn't have a storm"

(Hatsune):" Rin has and according to local witnesses, her hometown had the heaviest thunderstorms. Also, some witnesses even saw a strange rainbow-colored lightning bolt."

(Samaria): "So it was that lightning bolt that took Rin away, I guess she died..." Samaria lowered her head

(Hatsune): "No. She didn't die, she only disappeared from here. Her house, on the other hand, was completely intact. A normal lightning flash would smash her house to the ground or do nothing to it and even her."

(Samaria): "So she didn't die!" Samaria had no idea how glad she was that her friend was still alive, but things didn't get better, because where is she? how would they find her? Who was responsible for the rainbow lightning?

Her first assume was the dark pervert Rin told her and her friends yesterday, but there was no way someone like him could ever cast a colorful blast like that lightning, so there had to be someone else.

Unfortunately, Samaria's assumption was correct after all. That dark boy's dark magic was masked in a most colorful and non-malevolent as possible so no one would suspect him and Rin's friends.

She arrived at college with her friends, they talked, completed assignments and hung out with each other and several other boys and girls, but in their hearts, something was missing. More accurately; Someone. Without Rin's present, their enjoyment was not without holes.

That black lad in the background had also no idea where she went. He knew he was responsible and no one knew it was him, but even now, where is she? Because of that, he brooded.

Back in the virtual world, a blue and white portal appeared and a certain pinkette jumped out.

The portal closed behind her and left Rin astounded in the scenery.

She stood on a tiny floating island with grass and flowers and several floating islands hovered beside it with unreachable distances for a normal man. Some islands had trees, others had bushes and some have both. The sizes and colors were also very different, but together they made some very beautiful greeneries in the sky.

(Rumble): "Umblegang! Check this world out! There are floating platforms everywhere!"

(Humble): "Wow"

(Grumble): "Very nice I would say"

(Trumble):" Hue hue, *looks at Rain* hey~... Rain, what do you think."

The rain was speechless, she never saw such beautiful scenery in her entire life.

(Rain): "It's so beautiful..."

(Rumble): "truer words cannot be said more. Well *looks down and sees a huge, plain grassland below and flutes* how about getting down from here? Rain can run pretty fast now and she can also jump pretty high and far, so what do you think Rain?"

(Rain): "I'm in! Umblegang, get ready let's go on a real adventure!" The pinkette cheered on and opened her iBag so the dragonlings could jump inside and follow her on the adventure.

15. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rain jumped from one island to another. The height between the islands was not very big, but with over fifty of them, she needed to take a considerable amount of time to get to the ground.

Whenever she landed her feet on any of them with a thud, none of them shook and remained still. The feeling of the islands' surface was exactly like standing on the grass.

The Pinkette finally got to the ground... suddenly something approached her.

(Crumble): "Umblegang look! A jumping cotton candy!" Crumble exclaimed.

The other dragonlings turned their heads and looked at the thing the blue dragon spotted.

Rain also saw that jumping fur-ball and tilted her head, while the furball came close to her.

(Grumble): "I have a bad feeling about this, Rumble! Can you do something?" The yellow dragon asked his red brother. He felt something crawled through his spinal.

(Rumble):" Ehh... nope, can't do anything haha. Buuut~ we can see what it is." The red dragonling replied nonchalantly as usual.

Rain rose both her eyebrows and lowered herself. Her curiosity grew when her face was inches away from white, rice-ball shaped cotton candy until two cat-like ears sprouted out and an adorable cat-like face popped out.

(Unknown creature): "nya~" the creature not only looked like a cat but purred like one.

Rain squealed hard and picked up the adorable creature and hugged it tightly.

(Rain): "kya~ So cuute~"

(Rumble): "*flutes* never thought to see this side of Rain. Umblegang! What do you think about this creature?"

(Crumble): "I think it's cute as Rain herself"

(Humble): "I also wanna be hugged like that and I wanna hug that cat too!"

(Grumble): "looks neat to me, but I am more worried about that cat getting suffocated by that idiot."

(Rumble): "That's no big deal. This fella is enjoying getting hugged. Say~ are you jealous that you aren't the one getting hugged~? Hmmm~" the red dragon teased the yellow one.

(Grumble): "hahahaha! Like you're the one talk! Umblegang!... *sigh* Yea I'm pretty jealous..."

(Rumble): "No hard feelings Grumble, we all share some love. *Turn his attention to pinkette* Yo, Rain! This creature I would call is a nekocat"

(Rain): "Nekocat...?" The girl tilted her head slightly left.

The dragon explained to her what the creature is how it got its name; obviously by combining the Japanese word Neko, also with its meaning: Cat.

This white nekocat purred and nudges below Rain's left breast. It was so adorable.

Another nekocat showed up, however, this time the green dragonling took action. Trumble jumped out from Rain's iBag and flew towards it.

(Trumble): "Umblegang! I found another one and I got a ride huehue!"

This is it. The green dragon jumped and sat on top of the nekocat's body, grabbed both its ears and twirled the right one.

A powerful whirling noise akin to a motorbike came into Rain's and others' ears, followed by a burst of certain goofy laughter and a screaming cat.

When she and the nekocat, she was holding, turned their head. Both of them saw Trumble riding another nekocat and went blank. The rest of Umblegang were unable to stop their uncontrollable laughter.

The rain came back to senses and dashed after the green hatchling and called frantically: (Rain): "Trumble! You can't ride it, please stop!"

Unfortunately, he was too far away and she had no choice but to mad dash after him.

(Rain):"*pant, pant* Trumble... please... stop... you *pant* can't-"

(Rumble):" It's alright Rain, Trumble won't hurt that little fella! Well, keep running, I can see a village from here and Trumble is already there."

(Rain): "Eh?"

And Rumble was right, Trumble did stop right in front of a hay hut and several nekocat came out from multiple stray huts and hopped to him.

The nekocats had various colors on their fur, ranging from black to brown to golden to white.

Rain failed to utter a single word as she saw tens, no hundreds of these tiny creatures meowing and chanting.

She walked past them and spotted several stalls and plenty of nekocats traded goods with a strange currency that looked like golden sprites?! And they came out from their bodies?!

This caught her interest. One of the stalls, whom a black male nekocat in charge, sell various items and gadgets. In Rain's perspective, these items usually existed in a videogame, but now they're real to her.

She went to that stall and asked the shop owner about the gold sprites and the items.

(Nekocat): "Can I help you miss meow?" The nekocat spoke with the voice of a young man.

(Rain): "Umm, yes. What are these golden light?"

(Nekocat): "These lights are gold sprites meow. You can find them everywhere, but be careful not to get hurt when you have them, otherwise you will lose them. But you won't get hurt nor feel pain as long as you have at least one meow. Some people even use them as fuel and power sources. When you have enough gold sprites, feel free to come to my shop, I have all the goods you need on your adventure. By the way, I am Asmus nya." Asmus told Rain of their currency and how useful they were.

(Rain): "Wow, I never thought these items were this useful, I know some games have these properties but they are ring-shaped."

(Asmus): "Glad you know about them miss."

(Rain): "And what are these items and what do they do?"

(Asmus): "These goodies can help you in your journey. When you want to cross some hazardous places or protect yourself from enemies, they become very useful. For example; this capsule with a fiery ring in it will give you a spherical barrier made out of flames that will protect yourself from fire and heat.

(Crumble): "Umblegang! Look over there! Some golden lights are floating, Rain I think those lights are Goldsprites Asmus told you about. Why don't you try and collect them?" The blue dragon called everyone's attention and pointed towards a line of ten Goldsprites.

The Goldsprites are small radiant white marbles, that emitted golden lights with several smaller golden orbs with trails orbiting the white one, similar to the checkpoint Rain had encountered earlier, except they are small enough to be fit inside a human palm.

Rain walked towards the line and touched the nearest Goldsprite. It felt warm and gentle like warming agents in message devices. Rain could also feel her energy increase a bit before it vanished and the ten golden digits counter on the upper right corner displayed "0000000001" with a bell-like jingle.

The pinkette touched a second one and the counter incremented from 1 to 2. She repeated until she grabbed the last one where the counter reached "0000000010".

(Rumble): "Great Rain! You have finally discovered some collectibles."

The girl nodded and smiled and saw another checkpoint. She didn't want to start over again so she touched the checkpoint and a familiar warm light enveloped her entire body and a blue square with blue "Checkpoint reached" displayed on her visor.

The sensation of the aftereffect of the checkpoint was similar to taking a bath with warm water.

She then returned to Asmus' stall and showed him the Goldsprites she collected.

(Asmus):" Nicely done young lass meow, now will you hand them over to me?"

(Rain): "Sure, here." Rain gave him the lights without wonder how this nekocat can touch and carry objects without arms. But Asmus extends his cute little right paw and took the sprites.

(Asmus):" just a moment young lass, I am coming with something for you."

Rain nodded and stood there.

(Rumble): "Umblegang! It's time for our girl to fill the iBag with items and stuff."

(Humble): "What items would she fill in?"

(Rumble): "Power-ups and gadgets, Humble" the red dragon appeared right next to the gray one and pulled the shoulders right next to him "and Rain is gonna use them to protect herself from enemies."

(Asmus): "Here's your product meow; a pair of a gauntlet that multiplied your strength three times meow. You can give it to me if you want to upgrade it but it cost more meow. Feel free to use it."

The black nekocat gave Rain a pair of silver and a pink gauntlet that matched her hand size. She tried and moved her fingers around with it. No friction no resistance just smooth motion.

She then took a stance and punched as hard she could to the air and somehow created a large gust of wind.

(Rain): "Amazing! This is so cool! Now I can fight."

(Asmus):" glad to hear that young lady, now you may g—"

Suddenly several nekocats mad dashed across the stalls.

(Nekocat#1): "NYA NYA NYA!!! run for your life Nya!!! A big meanie monster as arrived Nya!"

(Nekocat#1): "meow! Someone call the adventures! Or our village will be done for."

It was chaos, sudden chaos. Nekocats scrambling everywhere, stalls shutting down, and few of them were armed with swords, staffs, and spears. Some even held an unusual alien laser blaster.

(Asmus): "this is your first chance to test your new gear Nya. Now go and slay the monster."

Rain nodded and looked at her Umblegang pals.

All of them gave her thumbs up.

(Rain): "Alright, we're good to go, Umblegang let's move." The pinkette called out.

(Grumble): "when did she start to order us around..." the yellow dragon said in dismay.

(Crumble): "She's calling us Grumble, she's not a type who orders people around"

(Grumble):" So no tsundere?"

(Crumble): "No tsundere like you~ hahaha."

(Grumble): "Why you..."

The yellow dragon was trying to pick a fight with his blue brother but the red one interjected.

(Rumble):" chill bros, we have a party started.*turns to readers* alright folks, this is our beloved heroine Rain's first battle, you can't wait what she has in her sleeves, can you? Well, stay tuned to the next chapter. Umblegang let's go!"

What that said the party of six left Asmus' stall and went to the source of the trouble.

16. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The nekocat adventures were armed to the teeth and were already in battle with a strange squid-like monster.

Unfortunately, they were only a few who remained, the rest were down but not dead.

One brow nekocat tried to swing his sword, which is no smaller than a dagger and tried to slash one of the monster's tentacles. But with a single wack, the nekocat got flung into the tree and dropped his sword and strength to stand.

A blonde one tried to throw a ball made of ice from her staff at the monster but it was unfazed.

The nekocat fought with all their strength and powers to take down the creature as if it was life and death battle. But the creature, on the other hand, was toying with its meals.

It has no interest to spend effort and energy to take them out, instead of waste their strength and willpower until they have no other choice but to end digested inside his belly.

But a new and powerful light shone at the nekocat as if new hope has emerged.

And it was true as Rain grabbed as many fallen nekocats she could hold and run to a safe place.

[Rain]: "Stay here, I will take care of it"

She dashed back to where the monster loitered. The creature spotted her and raised its massive white, Spoon-tipped tentacle and slammed at her.

Luckily she was too fast for the Megasquid and jump right off before it can flatten her into a pancake.

the Umblegang took whatever objects they have and comically flung it into Megasquid's head. Some of them even launched a broken basin with an oversized wooden slingshot. This constant attack barely dealt with real damage to the creature, but it hurt a lot.

The Megasquid made a deadly swipe to get rid of those dragons, but they were gone and only a slingshot, its tentacle made contact and broke.

(Rumble): "Rain, this is your first boss fight, you need to defeat it somehow." The red dragon yelled

(Rain): "I know, but what you guys did, it does not affect!"

(Grumble): "Then what are you suggesting!?"

While attacking and dodging, the pinkette noticed the squid's expression: it was frustrating and angered that its prey was toying with it.

Had enough it extended the purple, venomous-looking, spikes from the spoon-like tentacle and slammed at Rain hard.

The pinkette was lucky to dodge that attack but not lucky enough to avoid the purple shockwave from hitting her midsection.

Instead of feeling pain and taking physical damage, she lost all her Goldsprites, she collected during rescuing the Nekocats.

(Crumble): "Rain! recollect them before they disappear!" the blue dragon frantically yelled at her.

Not intended to taking damage and facing certain death, she recollected 20 of them. the pinkette then noticed the squid struggled to pull its tentacle off the ringlike stone platform.

seizing the chance, much to the creature's displeasure, She hit it with her gauntlet augmented fist. Normally with her barehand and normal human strength, Rain's striking force would do little to no damage, but with a gauntlet augmented punch, it packed a lot of punch.

She didn't just stop with one hit; she continuously hit it fourteen more times until with last good hard smash. That smash helped the tentacle to free itself and uncontrollably landed on the squid's face with the spike end.

The Megasquid cried in pain. The spikes and venom delt nasty damage to it. It was surprised and enraged by that the prey has not only able to dodge but to fight back too!? No more, It started to step up the game.

Rain noticed its white skin turned a pinkish hue. The Megasquid became more aggressive, by revealing its mouth and spat put several blobs of sticky black gooey ink.

The ink is not only slightly toxic but also corrosive when the smoke came out from the stone ring, where they made contact.

(Grumble): "Monster ink? BAD!" The yellow dragon pulled out a futuristic rocket launcher out of nowhere and aimed at the white tentacle monster. He pulled the trigger without hesitation and saw the missile fly straight into its mouth and shutting it up with an explosion.

Megasquid angrily spotted at the yellow dragon, who gave it a sneer and a smug grin. This time it raised 2 of its tentacles and attacked Grumble.

He was lucky to dodge the first spiked tentacle.

(Rain): "Grumble! watch out!"

(Grumble): "Wha? CURSES-..." the grumbling dragonling got smushed by Megasquid's another giant tentacle.

(Grumble): "Can... someone... please explain why this monster used 2 instead of one...?"

(Rumble): "Well, the monster is getting serious now Grumble, so shall we! Right Rain?" The red dragon grinned.

(Rain): "Yes" the girl nodded and saw an 18th-century ship cannon lying on a circular platform adjacent to the ring, she was standing. It was polished pitch black with a freshly made vibe and with brass handle and housing. The cannon was waiting for someone to fire.

Rain dashed after the platform, while swiftly dodging deadly spits and swipes from the Megasquid.

She ran behind the gun, aimed at the monster and pulled the small white rope, that stuck from behind the cannon, which is the trigger.

With a loud boom and explosion, the Megasquid roared in pain stumbled back and then eyed at the one who dared blind one of its eyes.

With an angry roar, the squid slammed down its massive tentacle at her, whom she luckily dodged, and this time the shockwave too, despite it had a wider range and stronger potential.

Rain seized this chance and gave Megasquid's tentacle a flurry of punches and gave a one hard hit at the last one.

The Megasquid was again hit by its same old school tactic and damaging it further until its health remained less than 10 %.

That's enough! The creature turned from pinkish hue to blazing red!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  17. shsx71

shsx71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do really appreciate some fanart ;)

18. Baroque

Baroque Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting.