Question Absolute Choice; author on the "harem"

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Osamaru, May 20, 2017.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally decided to pick this one up, and disregarding my questions as to why there is a 200 chapter tower arc, something has been bugging me a bit.

The author has said that they do not want to fall into the typical cliches', and while it would be hard to call it a "typical" harem, its still there and kind of sitting on the fence as to where it could go. Disregarding the good chance of Kali killing everyone if there was, Has the author made any official stance on the matter that I may have just missed?
    On a side note, any news on if they plan on increasing their interaction? even if it is explained well story-wise, only having her pop in every few dozen chapters makes me wonder why even explain it that way.

EDIT: Personally I hope it says just Kali. While I like the other Heroines, It feels like it would just ruin the dynamic.

Shance, rakazzt and zeus like this.
  2. lapulzi

lapulzi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, there will probably be more interactions in the future as the book is barely on its child stage. Just read more to find out.

3. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now it's just Kali but there is the possibility of a harem but the author assures us that if there is, it'll be one that's actually well written.

4. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    This cracked me up.

But yess, Kali as only girl would be great.

kingreal92 likes this.
  5. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fairly certain that it is only going to be one girl for life. I'm basing it off of previous statements of the author, and my understanding of the MC Shi Xiaobai making a harem unlikely if not impossible. Plus with Kali around, do you really even need more than that (plus Kali likely wouldn't stand for "sharing")? But as mentioned by others, if it is by some unlikely chance done, it probably would be well written. Probably not as good as just Kali is one and only waifu, but still good. As MC has said: "This King is too excellent (meaning his character and actions attract others around him in a variety of ways, some romantic, others respect, etc) but sorry I have a girlfriend."

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet there will be harems. I meen, what king in the past that does not have harems?
    If youre powerfull enough to rule the country and have infinite wealth, harem is just a given.
    Not to mention how the girls would be willing and all over him, even willing to be one of the many.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The author said he didn't intend it to be a harem but then again that was quite early on. It's progressing in the harem direction already with all the girls falling for him.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a harem, Holy Radiance, Black Holy Sword and Golden Sword.

Will the Demon Sword also be added to harem or eaten, that is the question

9. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I am worrying about. On one hand, it would not be hard to have it go down the same route as The Laid-back Life in Another World of the Ex-Hero Candidate Who Turned out to be a Cheat from Level 2 where the girls are introduced, but its turns more into a Familial thing, but its on the fence enough that I can also see it slipping into a cliche harem route.

10. Ophis

Ophis 『God Slayer』 『Dragon God』 『Harem Seeker』

Reading List:
    Link
    The author said that he wasn't sure if there would be a harem, but assured that, even if there will be one, it won't be a shitty harem. It's 50/50 to be honest.

Honestly speaking, I'm a harem lover. But, in this story alone, I wouldn't mind the one girl route. Kali is just so awesome and adorable that she alone is worth an entire harem.

11. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot twist, Kali is the 4th Apocalypses, after he ends up cheating on her.

12. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like harem, but Kali is awesome. So I don't care if it's harem or not

13. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I hate Harems, mostly because ones that do it at least in a non-stupid way, are really really rare, and those that does it WELL, I've yet to find one. So I'm a little skeptical if they try. Honestly any of the Heroines have enough character and depth, that a Harem should not even been nessisary.

14. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    You know why the 'kings' made harems ? it wasn't because they were powerful that they made a harem, its the opposite, more wives bring more alliances with their families and so more backing to the king's faction.
    Don't go around justifying harem because of "power" lol just blame it on lust or love instead of that weak response.

15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    U MAD BRO?
    Even its like what you said.. its still one of the staples that a king should have.
    If SXB gonna be a real king, he should make his own harem!! he doesnt lack girls that want to throw their bodies at him.

16. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not really. More so when they are almost all poorly done.