News Qidian's Announcement

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, May 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AggressivePacifist

AggressivePacifist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because QI want a monopoly in the market so that when they paywall, a big site the size of current-WW doesn't exist to act as an alternative to them. They don't like that WW has grown big.

[​IMG]

invincibleDebster likes this.
  2. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said it on reddit: it looks a lot like this is pretty much a plan for a virtual international labor camp/sweatshop by Qidian.
    Right now they are at the stage of luring in naive workers for this fantastic project.

Edit: holy sh!t, I've just went to the contract post, I can't believe how close I was to the truth.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    shinzi11 likes this.
  3. shinzi11

shinzi11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    holy moly real time slavery ....

noob_senpai likes this.
  4. Lucas99

Lucas99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^WHOA:eek: Emo guy I feel u man:cry: I enjoy reading free stuff on the internet too sadly when money rolls greedy ass people follow:notworthy:

shinzi11 likes this.
  5. hellscream

hellscream Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thing started because the more of the popular novels went to WW instead to them... the thing is QI seems to misunderstand why novels become popular in the first place. People can quote me on this, because this is the main reason a novel becomes popular: Steady releases, free chapters from time to time, quality and guarantee for finishing the started novels.
    If you look at what the lucian guy said for the most well paid translators, you will see they are the major guys who have translated 600-700+ chapters.... for example:
    Desolate Era - RWX - The only solo translator to ever finish a novel from start to end !! People are paying him not only for the novel itself but quality and assurance also
    BTTH - GGP the founder of gravity and another 750+ chapters translated + Zhan Long ( Btw I started with Zhan Long)
    Martial God Asura - started by the incredible Flowerbridgetoo, who translated the fastest 1000 chapters ever.
    They are afraid that no other novels can be as popular as the already half finished ones, which is stupidity beyond belief...

My Point is that a novel is not popular just because of the story(there are better novels out there), the quality and speed of translation is what separate the popular novels and the less popular ones.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  6. invincibleDebster

invincibleDebster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If RWX would be a protagonist of a xianxia what would have happened after words -
    Rwx after offending the strongest sect joins the enemy sect (17k and zhong) and slowly increasing his strength to kill some minor elder of Qi sect. With his talent in laws of translation and reaching the apex in dao of translation Rwx could kill enemy with higher cultivation from his own.
    With the support of millions of rogue cultivators and his strongest friends (deatblade,ckatalon,oma,etc)Rwx cuts the branches of Qi sect that thoroughly enrage Qi that resulted in depletion of spirit stones(novels) after the holy war.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  7. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite right he is the only solo translator to do beginning to end. However Radiant has finished one as well. I did some minor editing for Child of Light. Rainbow turtle has done some KR stuff beginning to end as well.

kozinc, kkchaitu and shinzi11 like this.
  8. hellscream

hellscream Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will edit, thanks.

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  9. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Qidian, I hope you read this.
    You can complain however much you want to wuxiaworld, but the best result you could manage is them removing the translations from their site, and no one is the winner.
    Based on what I know, you can't just take the translations themselves without an agreement on both parties, so if Wuxiaworld does indeed remove the translations, and do not agree to just hand them over to you (which is what will most likely to happen) you will have to retranslate from chapter 1...
    Even assuming you have enough translators to do this, despite not being cost effective and counterproductive, you won't get that much from it since the vast majority has already read those stuff.
    The most probable thing is that these novels will be lost forever and your reputation will plummet.
    At that point you will have no one to blame but yourselves.
    Actually, I want to ask, what was wrong with the status quo, that you needed such drastic moves?
    You had much to loose and nothing to gain...
    The discussions with other CN sites and wuxia has gone well, so why not these?
    I won't blame anyone.
    Neither Qidian who owns the novels,
    Nor wuxiaworld who made the translations.

But if you really are thinking based on the readers best interest, I believe that this is the wrong way to go.

Why not discuss things with wuxiaworld once again?
    Both sites can take a step back.
    This is hurting both your reputation and wuxiaworld's.

vide likes this.
  10. SuperRes7

SuperRes7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reported the situation to chinauncensored( BTW this is a youtuber

TianKrea, vide and noob_senpai like this.
  11. Uncle Secco

Uncle Secco Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree with you, what makes a novel popular isn't only its plot, but also its translator. With a good translator the novel will be more enjoyable. Qidian is fated to lose this battle, just like the trust the readers had on them before they decided to go against WW.

kozinc likes this.
  12. Torgr

Torgr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amazing how you fucks show up and everything suddenly turns to shit, go back to your fucking corner qidian.

ronishamay likes this.
  13. Ableh

Ableh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haiyayayaya what a drama:confused:

14. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. let me get this straight.. you're basically guna throw some more money on the shit storm you created hoping it'll fix it all?
    Nah-ah that ain't happening, not with me and definitely not with the majority of the NUF community!

Let me tell you something qidian, and this is my own personal opinion, your sweet words of working for the people and an investment of over 10 million dollars in the upcoming years may work on some ignorant people that don't know your true colors but your enslavement contract has already been spread over the net, I have a copy both in English and in Chinese and so do many others as well so you can take those fake, gold plated words of yours and stick them up what ever hole your spewing that shit out of :)

ronishamay, carupin, Pizz0011 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Qidian abandons their ambitious international plan and enters into a partnership with sites like WW, etc like how other publishers are doing

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  16. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the contract...
    And it really isn't favorable to the translators.. can we get a comment about that?

world is wide and noob_senpai like this.
  17. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice BS of a company statement , and still trying to have a dig at the Ren the guy that created your market in the west
    and i'd love to see where you've spent any part of the 10 mil you're going to put into it as your website suck's you can't even do basic things like edit reviews
    and this is coming from a company that once answered a question to me in regards to your datamining app were you said we have the world's best dev's ..
    all i can do is small bs and trying to fix a pa nightmare for being greedy
    and you think will save your face to western readers LoL

18. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't only that, but you also can't vote on the reviews, you can't comment, or communicate with the translators and sooo on.
    Not to mention the slave contract someone has to sign, in order to apply to QI

Pizz0011 likes this.
  19. Lineheart

Lineheart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heres s
    Here is some cheddar, get it real cheesey.
    #getnewprguy

20. Sleazebag

Sleazebag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Making my first post on NU because of this.

What you are trying to do is blatantly obvious. You saw an easy way to bully yourself into a monopoly and take advantage of a community that has been slowly fostered through a lot of care and effort for easy money.

Removed all Qiadian novels from my reading list and blacklisted it from my browser so I won't accidentally give you views.

I'd rather stop reading Light Novels entirely than give in to what you are trying to do, and frankly your translation quality is garbage.
    Fortunately you can't stop me from reading Korean LN's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.