[Closed] NU's 2nd Anniversary Celebration - Unofficial Writing Contest (submission thread)

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by BlancFrost, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    NOVEL UPDATES' 2ND ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
    In celebration of Novel Updates' 2nd birthday, we have gotten together to host an unofficial short story writing contest (not hosted by the mods but by members) to commemorate the anniversary!

All are welcome to join in with the fun; Nuffians, Mods, lurkers and even new guests.

Our theme is Novel Updates/Novel Updates Forum. You can write about anything you want and include anyone you want (with permission from the user of course) in your short story. Be creative and just have fun with the story writing. You don't need to be afraid of getting it wrong, there really is no right or wrong in story making.

Years are fleeting as time goes by
    Dawning a new day for us to survive
    Pages keep turning
    As more novels trickle in
    The river keeps flowing
    While we lie therein

Marking the second year of existence
    Traversing slowly with little resistance
    Novel Updates has grown up
    From that little seedling full of luck
    Sprouting forth from a single idea
    Growing swiftly and without fear

Here we stand to witness it all
    The time has come for us
    To have a ball

Details
    Theme: Novel Updates/Novel Updates Forum

Submissions Categories:
    There will be two ways to submit your short story.
    1. Individual contest - Written by one person.
    2. Group contest - Written by two or more members but will be submitted under one name (other contributors to that short story should be listed on the submission).
      • Other optional formats for group submissions are: manga/comic style, interpretative oral reading with background music or pretty much anything to present creative writing. You can do anything you like.
      • Members can still enter an individual entry even if they have submitted one for the group category.

Submission is open for two weeks starting today (23rd of June 2017)! Deadline is on the 8th of July 2017.
    After submission has ended, there will be a period of two weeks for the judges to read through the entries and judge the stories. The winners will then be declared on this thread on 22 of July 2017.

Rules For Submission:
    • The short stories must be your own original work.
      • If you do include other members in your story, please make sure to have their permission first before submission.
      • Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
    • The short stories must follow the theme.
    • Word length for submission are at 500 - 7500. (Poems are the exception.)
    • Please no troll or gag stories that don't follow the theme or can potentially upset fellow members. We are making this contest for fun and not to cause chaos.
    • Gag stories that follow the theme are accepted. Troll stories are not accepted at all.
    • No NSFW submissions.
      • Seriously, please abide by this.
    Winners
    There will be a total of 8 winners. The judges will determine the top 3 winners from each category. In addition, we will have two fan favorites, one from each category. You can vote for your favorites by liking the entry. You may like more than one entry but the entry receiving the most likes will be chosen the winner. It is also possible for any of the judges’ picks to be chosen as fan favorites.

Everyone is welcome to come and comment on the entries in the Unofficial Short Story Discussion thread.

Comments in discussion thread unless submitting a short story.

The Prizes
    • Individual Short Story
      1st Place: 4,855 nu£
      2nd Place: 3,130 nu£
      3rd Place: 2,050 nu£
      Most liked: 4,855 nu£
    Participation prize/individual: 88 nu£
    • Group Short Story
      1st Place: 9,710 nu£
      2nd Place: 6,260 nu£
      3rd Place: 4,100 nu£
      Most liked: 9,710 nu£
    Participation prize/individual in group: 88 nu£

N.B. The prize money for group entries will be split among the number of participants in the winning group. No matter how many people you have in your group, the total prize will stay the same. Participation prizes will be the full amount of 88 nu£ for the individual participant of each group.

The Judges

Special Thanks
    All of us would like to thank the Moderators and Tony for their continued efforts to monitor both Novel Updates and the forums. By helping NU grow from something so small to what it is now, we can look forward to what the future will bring for us. The last two years have seen an enormous growth in both members and novels on NU, and it can only go up from there.

Shout-out to all the mods! @Electromaster , @holyshin , @LaDyViL , @OverlyFriendly , @Parth37955 , @remy911 , @Shio , @Tony , @Westeller , @Nom de Plume , @runsing , @marine1corps

Thank you for doing an excellent job in keeping NU and NUF such a wonderful environment that can pull everyone in so easily! It's tedious going through all those reports, cleaning up the threads, and responding to questions and complaints. Thank you for giving up valuable personal time to do all these! We want you to know that your efforts are not forgotten and are much appreciated. Kudos!

And most especially to @Tony for bringing us all together. We want to say thank you for NU and NUF and for working so hard on making it better and better with each passing day! You deserve every good thing that comes your way! Additional thanks for the extra exposure of this unofficial short story contest and adding to the prize pool!

Lastly we would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the translators for their hard work in making it possible for us to even read these wonderful novels! You have opened a whole new world to us. Thank you for spending hours working on what we enjoy in minutes. We want you to know that we appreciate all the time, the effort and the love you put into your work!

Fine print disclaimer: We are not professionals. This is only for some fun to celebrate the 2nd year anniversary of Novel Updates. Any NSFW stories will be thrown out and stamped on if they appear.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Example Story by @BlancFrost
    Disclaimer: It's an example, done in a couple of hours. Q~Q

Title: New is not forbidden
    Genre: Slice-of-life
    Words: 1,070
    Books are something associated with having a weight in your hands. Being able to smell the fresh scent of newly printed books is something all book lovers can relate to. Just waiting for that day a new release is shipped to your local bookstore, is something worth counting down for. But times do change, with rapidly growing technology more novels are being read online. Let us hope the lives of paperback books don't fade away with this new light.

Here we will tell a story amount three such individuals working in a small bookstore tucked away in the side alleys. They came together because of their love of books but a secret kept from each other makes them uneasy.

***​
    Quiet murmuring fills the air as customers browse the wide selection of novels in the bookstore aptly named "Sustenance for the Mind". Hundreds of books from all over the world with many different genres line the shelves waiting to be seen and heard. Every novel had a story to tell, from the 'Valiant Knight Who Chased the Sun' to 'A Young Maidens Escape From Reality'. There was even 'Dummies Guide to the Social World', if you were interested.

Every book was carefully sorted and lined up for display by the three diligent girls who owned the bookstore. They shared their love for books and would read anything they could get their hands on. When there was a lull in customers, most of their time would be spent discussing the latest novel being released or catching up to the latest gossip.

With the changing times in the paperback reading community, business was not as prosperous as before. But they did not mind it at the least, they were certain paperback books would still be relevant for them. As it was the thing that brought them together.

Blee was the eldest of the girls and managed most of the business. Being the most knowledgeable in this area she also was the most busy. She only appeared when her job was done and greeted customers with a spring in her step. Even one customer was enough to make her day.

Blanc did the bookkeeping and ensured that they didn't see red each and every month. The past few months had been tough but they still had a group of loyal customers who regularly came back everyone couple of weeks to check out and purchase new releases.

The youngest of the group was Brasca, she cheerfully maintained the front counter and rearranged the store to her liking. Each week the displays would change to match the new series being sold. Being eye catching and drawing in customers was her specialty. Without her cheerful chatter, the periods of silence when the bell didn't jingle would stretch on for longer.

"...just a little bit more to the left...no your other left!" Brasca exclaims loudly as Blanc moves the poster slightly to the right before sticking it on the window.

"I didn't know we had two lefts Brasca." Blanc chuckles as she steps off the ladder and packs away. They both stand back to admire the decorations for the week.

Ignoring the older girl, Brasca frames the window with her fingers before looking through them. "Perfect! Even the smell is perfect! I know we'll get more customers now that 'Finally The End Is Here' has been released!"

Everytime new novels arrived she said that. There would be customers coming in for the new releases, but in the past few months not many had become regular customers. They didn't want to think that paperbacks were slowly a thing of the past but it seems that...

"Stop thinking negative thoughts!"

Blanc is jolted out of her thoughts and smiles sheepishly at Brasca, if Blee was here she would scold her too.

"Alright. I'll just go back to calculating some figures. I think we'll be a little tight next month but we should be able to get through it."

She walks towards the front counter before disappearing through the door. Problems sure didn't solve themselves, especially not overnight. Hopefully this new shipment drew in the much needed customers.

The following weeks flowed by without much change, customers came and went as new releases arrived and were put on display. It wasn't enough to be something to celebrate but it was enough for them to survive.

Blee arrived back from her trip overseas the following month. She wasn't one to dance around topics so went straight to the root of the problem.

"There has been an influx of online novels that are free to read. No matter how much effort we put into the store it doesn't draw customers in...I think we should reconsider our approach..."

"NO! We can't close up!" Both girls shouted over the top of each other as they stare imploringly at Blee.

"This was our dream since we were children! "

"I don't know what I would do without the bookstore..."

Seeing their reactions, Blee pulls them closer for a hug. "I didn't mean it that way...I think we should make a website. For more exposure to the novels we have and for those who like to shop online."

"Online shopping? I-I-I guess that could work...everyone is all about technology these days..."

"It's a good idea Blee!" Brasca cheers up instantly and nudges Blanc in the ribs. "You aren't even that much older than me, don't talk like you haven't used a computer before."

Blanc grumbles a bit before rubbing her sore rib. "I just don't like ordering online...the customers won't be able to smell the fresh scent of newly arrived books at bookstore."

"But they will smell the scent of freshly arrived purchased books!" Blee smiles before walking to the office at the back of the store. "Let's get started then!"

***​
    With the launch of their online bookstore, business had picked up. There were no more head-aching late nights trying to think up more promotional specials to try and lure customers in. The atmosphere became more relaxed and the three girls were able to take more breaks to read more novels.

Here lied the problem...because they owned a bookstore, the majority of books had been read multiple times. Even if new shipments arrived regularly they would be consumed by the girls with much rigor and fanfare. During those times when they didn't have anything new to read, a site caught each of their attentions.

That site was called 'Novel Updates'.

akki, Razogul, Incarneous and 17 others like this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Table of Contents:

@Kagami Ren's entry: The Journal of a Demon.
    Genre: Adult, Mature, Smut.
    Word Count: 640.

@AardwarkThe2nd's entry: Tony, the owner of NUF summoned to another world!
    Genre: Action, Adventure.
    Word Count: 602.

@Trane's entry: A Dream.
    Genre: None specified.
    Word Count: 760.

@Jigoku Shounen's entry: Intermission, The dream of a young girl.
    Word Count: 469. (not competing for the prizes due to being below the minimum word count)

@Dayfinder's entry: Update.
    Word Count: 1600.

@imsodone's entry: Silent Existence.
    Genre: Slice of Life.
    Word Count: 513.

@BPLeon's entry: Heavenly Lurking Technique.
    Genre: Xuanhuan.
    Word Count: 6361.

@Hazery's entry: The meaning of existence.
    Genre: Drama.
    Word Count: 2580.

@Arcadia Blade's entry: My journey to Novel Updates Forums.
    Genre: Poem.
    Word Count: 110. (still competing for the prizes as it is a poem.)

@gheist1234's entry: Age of Gods.
    Genre: Action, Xianxia.
    Word Count: 918.

@Nbhan101's entry: Untitled.
    Word Count: 321. (not competing for the prizes.)

@Tramsloof's entry: Damsel in Distress.
    Word Count: 1061.

@Cyrus King's entry: The Tragic Tale of the Cursed Manor.
    Genre: Fantasy.
    Word Count: 1485.

@MasterCuddler's entry: Me and Her.
    Word Count: 505.

@Yash's entry: Dragon Emperor Tales.
    Genre: Fantasy, Slice of Life.
    Word Count: 1450.

@Underload's entry: Interview with Bot-chan.
    Genre: Psychological.
    Word Count: 582.

@Osamaru's entry: More to scratch that itch.
    Word Count: 435. (still participating due to being a poem)

@archduke's entry: My Story.
    Word Count: 611.

@GilgameshX2114's entry: Boredom.
    Word Count: 340. (still participating due to being a poem.)

@Drakolous Maxima's entry: What could have been.
    Genre: Sci-fi.
    Word Count: 704.

@L4's entry: I have less than 2 hours to write this story today.
    Genre: None Specified.
    Word Count: 653.

@Friickina's entry: A change for good.
    Word Count: 106. (still competing due to being a poem.)

@Lost Panda's entry: The wish to fly.
    Word Count: 1085.

@faststomps's entry: How I Discovered NU.
    Word Count: 709.

@Gitami's entry: Day 720.
    Word Count: 5826.

@LoneSoul's entry: Belief.
    Word Count: 621.

@kryner's entry: Unbridled Grunt.
    Genre: Action, Noire.
    Word Count: 4822.

@jmf028's entry: "Five Seconds of Madness" aka "Everyone's A Chicken"
    Genre: Satire.
    Word Count: 836.

@Myross17's entry: I Fell In Love In My Favorite Character
    Genre: Supernatural, Comedy, Fantasy
    Word Count: 1597.

@Slayerwolfx2's entry: What has began shall seal the end.
    Word Count: 154 (not competing for the prizes.)

@HumanSashimi's entry: NU Guild.
    Genre: Fantasy, Shounen.
    Word Count: 636.

@shad12ow's entry:
    The Strange Realm.
    Word Count: 4058.

@TheJackWrite's entry: One Day Memory.
    Genre: Sci-fi, Drama, Slice of Life.
    Word Count: 1432.

@SnowTime's entry: Blue Bell Flowers.
    Genre: Spiritual, Romance.
    Word Count: 346. (not competing for the prizes.)

@ducpika's entry: Just another guy in another world kind of novel.
    Genre: Comedy.
    Word Count: 4231.

@Zek's entry: NUF Writer.
    Word Count: 674.

@Novela's entry: Don't know but by me.
    Word Count: 518.

@jzar's entry: The Forum.
    Genre: Sci-fi, Comedy.
    Word Count: 7410.

@Snowdust's entry: River of Light.
    Word Count: 674.

@Siostar's entry: What Game Is This?
    Genre: Comedy.
    Word Count: 4367.
    @Action's, @Koalala's and anonymous' entry: KIDZ BOP: NovelUpdates Edition
    Genre: Comedy, Parody, Slice of Life.
    Word Count: 1945.
    Format: Song.

@Nahrenne's and @amilhs's entry: Playful Goods.
    Genre: Romance, Horror.
    Word Count: 3782.
    Format: Prose + Song.

@shad12ow's, @Pyoo's, @Siostar's and @ExitedDeviljho's entry:
    A Short Interview With The Nuffian I Know~
    Genre: Comedy, Real.
    Word Count: 5154.
    Format: Interview.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    BlancFrost, Pyoo and RizYun like this.
  4. Kagami Ren

Kagami Ren General of Satans 5th army

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The Journal of a Demon
    Genre: Hentai, Ecchi, Adult, Mature, Smut, NTR, Netori (< jk Not good with my genre settings)
    Words: 640

Hello to you whom has accidentally stumbled upon this journal of mine or maybe is it fate?

I was born as a demon not just a nobody but as a greater demon. You may think being born as a greater demon is a good thing, living in luxury with money, status, strength and women. But you are wrong. Since young, I have never felt happiness. I was born without parents or anyone with parenting feelings. All I could remember was the thirst of survival.

I think I was 5 days old when I first manifested my demon form. I was too young then and could not control my power, thus I wreckt ragnarok to everything around me. But that was the fatal mistake of my whole life. Because of that massive power I have displayed, instead of fear, excitement grew to the demons around me. I did not understand but now I do.

Here in the underworld, with strength comes responsibility and with that comes strong challengers. As long as you are strong you will never have a peace of mind. That is the kind of world the underworld is.

day after day, night after night demons flock around me, challenging me, ambushing me, assassinating me. Victory after victory, I grew more and more infamous. There haven’t been a day when I could rest in peace. Everyday I kill and kill and kill and kill, in the end I began step by step to lose all of my emotions till the end where I grew mute.

On one fateful day, a war broke out against heaven, which later is known as “ The Dark AGE”. @Satan the Prince of the evil God united the whole demon race. Demons as infamous and strong as me would be recruited to the special unit. The special unit is nothing special but it appear that we’re the trump card of @Satan .

I don’t want to talk nor think about the war. It was cruel, the cruelest thing I’ve ever felt. But it was after I’ve been promoted to a general that I have realised. What was I born for? I began to realise that I had acquired nothing worthwhile in my life. I feel like an empty doll. A doll who only know how to kill, a killing machine.

As if it was @God ‘s mercy, an item fell from the heaven and landed on my head. To my surprise it did not hurt at all. The item is formed like an rectangular stone tablet but made of some kind of sturdy but thin layered metal and on one of the two large side of the stone tablet is made of some kind of glass, it was an artifact.

As time flew I began to learn more about this artifact. It seem this artifact is made by humans and is called smartphone. Instead of an ancient artifact it is more like a modern artifact with high technologies involved. Inside this smartphone, an application as they are called is installed. “Novel Updates”. Inside this application lies millions of books, this is truly what you can call the library of worlds. Inside this application contains million of universes, trillion of stories waiting to be explored and told. Worthy of being called heavenly treasure.

But why do I want to talk about it? Yes, it is because, when I learned of Novel Updates, it was the very first time I have ever felt something weird on my whole body, as if I’ve been transcended, a very weird feeling creeping my body . Is this what they call happiness I wonder. I come to learn happiness, for the very first time I truly felt alive.

Heed my call lad. I want to tell you, what happiness is for you. Find it, transcend and become happy.

• General Kagami Ren of Satan’s 5th army.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Tony, the owner of NUF summoned to another world!
    Genre: Action/ Adventure
    Words: --Will be updated as time passes--
    Prologue

@Tony, the creator of the NUF site, was sitting in a cafeteria seat with a beautiful ebony-haired girl beside him. The girl had beautiful black hair, a bountiful chest, soft creamy skin and her facial features were exquisite. With a small pink spoon, she was nibbling on a cheesecake as she talked with the boy opposite to him.

"Tony-sempai, the NUF site has been a great success! In two years, you somehow made it the only popular site where readers would check updates for the stories that they follow! You are a genius!"

"Haha, Katase, I was just lucky! Who would have thought that the population of translated novel readers rose by such a large amount?" Tony gently smiled as his perfectly brushed teeth shone.

"Sempai, you decided to treat me to celebrate your NUF site completing 2 years, but you haven't eaten anything yourself! Please, open your mouth~!" The beautiful girl pressed her chest on Tony as she daintily stuffed a spoonful of cake in his mouth.

"Ah, that was enough sugar for the day! Thanks, Katase-chan!" Tony had told her before that he was genetically inclined to contract diabetes at a young age, and thus tended to avoid sugar. It was a lie, as the true reason why he didn't here was tat he simply couldn't afford it. But Katase was a rich young Japanese lady, so eating cheap street-food wouldn't appeal to her. So, he had to let his wallet bleed.

"Katase, coincidentally, we met two years ago, didn't we? I needed help formatting Japanese and Chinese characters for NUF, so I came to ask you for help..." In reality, Tony had created NUF simply for getting Katase to help him out. This was the only plausible reason he had to get closer to her.

"In these two years, you have helped me a lot. Creating and programming RSS-feeds to capture and upload site updates, moderating the forums... you even became a mod to help me out! I really owe you!" In these two years, he had tried his utmost best to get closer to Katase. However, this young ojou-sama seemed to be too dense, never responding to his gestures. However, while she hadn't confirmed it herself, everyone else close to them assumed they were dating. Thus, there weren't any 'love rivals' emerging for Katase's hand.

In reality, Tony wasn't even in love with her. But seducing her was a golden ticket to a world of opportunities. She was rich, beautiful and talented and he could climb socially as her lover. Due to her traditional Japanese background, once he convinced her to sleep with him, he would basically be confirmed as her husband!

Since a long time, Tony felt detached from the world surrounding him, as if all social norms and ethics were just rules constraining him. During his childhood, he tortured and killed many small animals, and watching their tortured screams on the verge of death was like a melodic symphony to him. But he understood that his behaviour was away from the norm, so he always kept it concealed.

One day, he realized that he was a sociopath, and this realization opened a world of opportunities for him. He read psychology books and clearly masked his differences from the world. She became known as charismatic and a social butterfly, and always took lead in all activities in school and college!

However, his peerless skill in manipulating emotions still hadn't let him capture Katase! This girl had already become an enjoyable challenge for him, and he had made up his mind to seduce her at all costs!

Choose the story path here: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/nuf-writing-competition-story-ideas.40745/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    _Sleepylish_, JackStone, RTS and 34 others like this.
  6. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, for some reason I cannot keep it from being separated into two parts.
    Think of the first one as an intro
    With the spring's wind blowing through his hair and the speed hitting his face, he roars.
    Dawn was a mere half an hour ago and he already made it to the summit.
    He admired the birds that could fly in the sky since young and decided to do a few experiments hoping to be like a bird.
    With the first failed try, his parents would tell him "Humans cannot fly without wings".
    He took that to heart and made himself a pair of wings.
    With each failure, his efforts at flying improved but was at the same time reprimanded by his parents.
    He decided to study and increase his knowledge in order to achieve his dream.
    11 Years Later
    Living at the dorm with his roommate who was not as enthusiastic about his experiments and would always be blamed even though he did not take part. "When will you stop this silly dream of flying like a bird? Can't you just use a plane like normal people? The Dean has already warned you several times, and he even blamed me for not stopping you" Ted, the roommate said to Ben.
    "I already have a plan in mind and this project will definitely work, I only need a bit of capital for the materials and tools.
    I will need a suit and some fabric between my limbs to glide through the air and when i'm done, i'll be one step closer to flying" Ben said.
    Ted coldly snorted and dove back into his books.
    Years passed
    After several years Ben never managed to soar in the air like the magnificent birds.
    He and Ted started a company to sell his products, but Ben wanted more...So he bet everything on this last project to combine wings with solar powered wings which contain propellers attached to his arms combined with his wingsuit glider.
    He left behind a drawing containing the specifics on how to build it.
    Now heading to the tallest spot available, he flew above the clouds with the sun on his back.
    He flew to different places with his heat resistant suit and helped many victims of natural disasters. But fate caught up to him when one stormy day he lost control of his stability and speed, he eventually flew got hit by an exploding truck which shot him into a tornado stripping him of his wings, sending him above the clouds.
    The Heavens may have taken pity on him but he managed to fly for 10 seconds before his severe wounds ended his life.

In a dark void where nothing could be felt,heard or seen. With only his thoughts, he faded into unconsciousness.
    The moment he woke up, he ended up in the body of a newborn baby in another world where his family used strange lights similar to magic
    to run and hit things. As the years went by he realized that this was the cultivation world.
    He never practiced with the others and others looked down on him for that reason.
    But one day when he was 7 years old, his grandfather appeared and admiration was seen in Ben's eyes.
    Not for any other reason than seeing his own grandfather flying through the air. And at that moment, he decided to cultivate.
    Ben's talent was above his contemporary peers, his dream was not far away.
    Ben rose to the peak as #1 of the world.
    With nothing left in this world, he left. leaving his everything behind.
    Ben traversed the worlds and ended up on Earth.​
    The memories of his failed attempts at flying flashed through his head as tears trickled down his cheeks.
    He checked the date on the newspapers. Only a few years had gone by.
    He started his journey home, only flying when the sun was hidden.
    Finally he had arrived...the old faces of his parents through the window and their granddaughter (one of his kids).
    Ben's emotions were stirred, at night he entered the house but was spotted by his weary daughter.
    She thought that she was dreaming and cried but did not want the dream to end. They spoke for a long time until she fell asleep.
    Ben entered the bedroom of his parents which contained the most precious memories of their son.
    Ben found some letters adressed to him after his death...they were written by his mother.
    He sighed. . . and entered her dreams to fulfill her wishes. he also wrote a letter for her.
    He could not stay because he did not belong here. . . . .
    The End!

kyle212, Himura Kouen, akki and 3 others like this.
  7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Intermission: The dream of a young girl(not official yet)
    Genre: ?
    Words: ?
    "Alright, I will have to pause the story for now. Someone is causing a disturbance at ***, so I have to go there and see it. Don't worry, someone will come here again to accompany you while I'm away."

After he said that, "The Mask Man" once more walk toward "The Darkness" behind the chair he was sitting on, and completely disappear from view. Even though "He" was watching that many times, but "He" still can't figure it out what behind "The Darkness" that completely shrouded this space, with somehow only that strange chair is still visible from the continuous dim light emitting from the branch-like space inside the chair. The only thing "He" know is that...."The Darkness" is used to hide this Dark space from view of any foreign matter, and "He" came from what what hidden inside "The Darkness".

As "He" continue to wait by watching the empty chair, a movement appear in "The Darkness", and from within it, a figure walk out. A beautiful girl with long silver hair and red eyes. She is wearing something seem like a casual clothes for outing. Despite wearing a silver cap, but it couldn't hide her long hair that trace down to her lower back. The moment she walk out, she seem to be looking for something as she was looking around the empty space around the chair. Seemingly disappointed from not be able to find what she was looking for, she look down slightly. But immediately after that, she raise her head, then reaching her left hand toward her pants pocket, she bring out a contacts case. After putting them on, she once again again look around the empty space, when her gaze towards space where "He" is on, she immediately smile happily. After that, she then proceed to walk toward the chair and sit on it. After finding where "He" is, her face continue to remain cheerfully as she keep her smile toward "His" direction.

"...."

The one that break the silence, was surprisingly "Him"

"Hm? Why do I keep smiling as you? It's because for a novel writer like me, meeting an entity like you can bring me great new ideas for my novel. Even though I have seen many strange things, but for an existence like you that should have been an impossible thing to happen, then it isn't anything like I have seen before. That's why I'm very happy to meet you. Those days that I was competing with everyone else for a free spot here was tough, but it was worth it"

While answering, the girl still keep her smile on, and somehow her cheerfulness even make "Him" feel like he see a shining light coming out from her. If "He" had a face, then anyone could see "His" bashful smile right now.
    I underestimated the time it took to write even just a small novel. So I will be leaving it here for now, and will continue on later.

moezmtk and Action like this.
  8. Dayfinder

Dayfinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Update
    Words: 1600
    I spend time online.

Perhaps that's misleading, though. Everyone spends time online. To check the news, communicate with friends over social media, even for things you wouldn't want to mention in polite company. The internet is a fact of life.

I don't do those things. I used to play games, or chat with friends, or any other number of silly things. Quickly, though, my old hobbies were swept under the rug. Dumb luck- if it could be called that- led me to a certain site. The premise is straightforward, something you could even guess from the URL:

Lifeupdates.com

Right now, I'm drawn in to my feed, waiting for an update. Sometimes, they come quickly. Others only update rarely, and some fall off the radar entirely. A few of my favorite lives have up and vanished from the site. It's not easy to find one that fits your tastes precisely, but evidently my viewership wasn't enough to keep the trackers engaged.

A new update! I left out a sigh of relief. It was the longest drought I'd had in the past few weeks, nearly two hours without anything to follow, to sink myself in. This one, 'Brown Ribbon Boy', follows the life of a young farmer from some country far-East. When he was still young, he and a girl he was head-over-heels for had bought a delicate, brown ribbon to remember each-other by. He remained in their hometown, while she went to study for 'greater things' in the city. She had a sister feed, too, and the two together made for one of the longest-running live story tracked so far. Most people prefer the 'Brown Ribbon Girl's ambition and city-going shenanigans, but I prefer the boy's innocence and slow pace. It's a slow burn, sure, but so satisfying.

Lifeupdates appeared, as though from thin air. Just two years ago, the concept of video-logging other people's lives would have been insane. Quick advancements in drone technology, a mysterious website suddenly going live, and a new craze started. The first few feeds expanded into tens, and then hundreds, some even so daring as to record in technologically advanced countries- those updated less frequently, but they tended to be super exciting. Ribbon Boy went inside, taking a rare break from tilling. How odd.

Before my life was in shambles, it was a supplement. Now? It's a substitution. I can't bear to go a moment without something to follow. I'm perhaps the best there is at getting first post whenever a feed I follow goes live. For others, that may sound like a petty achievement, but it's a great deal to me. I'm the fastest there is. I'm setting records every day. Perhaps even the trackers themselves had noticed me now. It'd be a great honor to get to chat with one, someday. I value intimate cinematography, up-close and personal, rather than un-detailed sky views amateurs produce. Emotion is best conveyed by accurate and careful recording, even if I have to wait longer to get it.

Ribbon Boy was on the phone. He doesn't usually get calls. From the words he was saying- exposure to the language and helpful notes from the tracker had caught me up on the local language quite a bit, I noted with some pride- it was probably Ribbon Girl. That'd mean their first chat in nearly a decade. Uoh, her feed must be going wild. A few of the other LU'ers were betting she'd cheat on him or give up on him long before she talked to him again. This development was quite out of left fields. Moments like this make following lives worth it. Every story has its day. Even the dullest life could take a turn at any moment. One of my favorite martial-arts themed feeds, 'Soul of Fire', took a complete shift when the main character met his match and ended up with a broken wrist. The shock meant the loss of quite a few fans, but I still held on. Updates were rarer, sure, but following his recovery was more intimate, anyway. What good is a 'Soul of Fire' if he never got tempered?

Another feed went live. This one wasn't marked with the shiny gold that said it was on my Watching List. I didn't recognize it, a rarity. New work was always welcome, though. The glamour of being a Tracker attracted all sorts of types from the most amateurish fame-chaser to the extremely avid hobbyist. Some would even "vacation" across the world to run One-Shot streams, a glance into a day in the shoes of some passerby. Those frustrate me a bit. One had followed a mobster, a real mobster. The stream was so interesting I was sure someone would trade details and pick it up, but no dice. It wasn't often that you got to see a story that interesting, but what could you do? Mental note: remind someone to pick it up in the 'Adoption' forum.

This feed's name was quite strange. Usually, you'd get something at least a bit descriptive. Some were more than others, of course, but this one was just being called "%%%". I click onto it, landing on the description page. Uoh. Not even tagged yet, with the same "%%%" in the description box. A brand new feed! I could be the first viewer, not just the first to post. What an honor. Naturally, I hopped onto the only outgoing link as fast as possible.

My already dark room went pitch black, barely glimmering from the monitor's backlighting. The monitor itself was a solid block of black. I cursed at myself, a bit. What had I been thinking? If I wasn't so ready to be fast, maybe I could have watched out for a malware URL. The thought of losing my only lifeline filled me with terror. What would I do without all those precious stories at my beck and call? Even as I tremored in that sorrow, two bright eyes whipped open in the black rectangle.

The eyes were simple, with grey sclera encompassing the painfully bright cyan irises. This dazzling burst of color made the irises within seem darker than the rest of the still-black display. They did just seem that way, right? They floated about, bulging out from the monitor. Maybe whoever designed it worked on graphic design professionally? It was pretty impressive.

I waited patiently for the message that I'd been pranked to flash on the screen, or at least a ransomware message, anything.

I waited and waited, those startlingly bright eyes staring at me. I began to fear I'd go blind from the intensity of it, the blue halos on my computer screen.

It felt like an eternity. Just me, those eyes, and the chance my last reason to be was about to go up in smoke. Finally, the eyes were gone. No "fading away" animation, no carefully planned transition, just gone. I felt both relieved and nervous, hoping I had won back my computer from whoever tampered with it.

Suddenly, my vision started swimming. The black screen distorted, swirling. At first the effect was slow; a gentle curve "in" with some silly little spinning lines, but it grew faster, deeper, like a funnel- or a black hole. Before I knew it, I was over the event horizon.

I sank through, pirouetting through the void. My under-fed, deteriorating body suddenly in full view for the first time since my last 'shop visit'. Thankfully I had put on my modest flannels and a simple Tee today; it'd suck to be the first person to die in a black hole and the first person to die in a black hole naked.

The spinning waltz through the bright, infinitely black expanse ended with back to the wall.

Whatever was happening with my computer, I wanted no part of it anymore. Maybe this was a sign that I should take a break, after-all. I struggled, flailing my arms for the switch. The wall felt almost wet.

With a whoosh, a grand chandelier lit above. Imagine that, the wall was wet! It also wasn't a wall as much as a massive stone protrusion marked with impossibly detailed patterns.

A small army of cloaked figures stood where my computer had been not long before, like a curtain of grim reapers.

The one closest to me spoke.

"Do you know how to fight?"

Panic set in. Did I? I thought back to all of my days, back when I was a productive member of society. Nothing. Not so much as a little scrap. I didn't know, after all. But then I thought of all the fights and brawls I had seen on Liveupdates, of 'Soul of Fire', and I nodded hesitantly, desperately trying to follow it up with a yes. My voice was hoarse from disuse.

He strode a step closer, voice crashing down like a confident tide this time.

"We heard you were the fastest."

At that, I shouted out confidently, voice crackling under the strain. It could feel as it liked, this needed to be said.

"I am the fastest! There is no one faster."

Although, I'm not sure if he means it in quite the same way. The figure nodded, appeased.

"How would you like to save this world, Hero?"

I gawked. Save the world? Save this world, in fact? He had never heard of anything like it. Other worlds were a myth, a product of a bygone era, one of novels and tall-tales. Once video-logs took the Earth by storm, there was no room for petty fantasy anymore.

And yet, it feels so familiar. So right.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    moezmtk, akki, jzar and 5 others like this.
  9. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    ---Did this in mobile, so sorry if its not following the format---

Title: Silent Existence
    Genre: Slice of Life
    ?
    Words: idk.. just count of your interested to know
    Silent Existence

Humans are interesting creatures.

They're immortal little creatures that never seem to age, what are days to me are mere hours to them. Though they may seem all powerful they are just what I said, little creatures. Fragile beings who fought over the smallest things yet strong, for all the dedication they pour over things they find worthy of interest. And I, as one of the things they dedicate themselves, am happy that they deem me worthy.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I am a platform that connect to various worlds. To be precise, I'm an 'it' that hosts humans so they can enter bridges to worlds made by several clans and sometimes individuals. And as of today, I am officially a two millennium platform. *cheers*

Oh how time flies, I still remember when I was still a wee babe not knowing anything at all. Just merely existing. Not even knowing what my existence is. And then, slowly, I grew.

It was difficult, really difficult, that time. I don't know much since there only a few worlds connected to me. Even thought the worlds supply me what IQ I have, sometimes it wasn't enough but I persevered and continued. I was an idiot but I tried so hard to be able to function despite my lack of intellect. After all, there are still humans and they still use me despite my obvious sparse of functions.

Those times were at bit bleak but blessings come for those who wait. And it came, more people started building bridges and I can feel myself getting more conscious of everything. Though the process was slower than a snail, I was joyful since I will be able to continue watching them.

And watch them I did. I saw them form clans. Saw various debates. Saw dramas. I watched as the whole community made a whole to form a guild of adventure. I was present when a cute little bot was born to provide entertainment to humans. I was there, cheering, whenever there various contests going on. I saw everything and I learned from it. As I continue this hobby of mine, I realized that these people are foolish.

After all, to willingly walk through gates as if every journey they make will be enjoyable, is just plain idiotic. As if they won't end up disappointment when they realized that the some bridges are incomplete or some of the worlds itself was abandoned by the God residing there. What fools. I don't understand why must they continue diving to these worlds. As what some of them say, "are you an M? huh?"

Haaa. Good thing I'm just a platform, if I'm similar them I might get sick and... spat some..blood? due to..anger? wat. Humans and their terminologies.

But I digress, after all I'm just a platform. Continuously watching and observing.

Two millenniums had passed. Various clans have flourished while some decayed. There's even a hidden war ongoing right now! And I, I'm still alive, still being what I am. A platform. A silent existence, just watching.
    ---lol I made this at like 3 am so sorry if this is shit---

akki, rainyk1, Ejsarv and 3 others like this.
  10. anormrobot

anormrobot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: I came for the participation prize, kind of unedited/unformatted so don't mind it too much
    Title: Heavenly Lurking Technique
    Genre: Xuanhuan
    Words: 6,361
    In a secluded corner of Japan exist a secretive ancestral ninja family which had originated from the Shogunate era. Inside a courtyard child blankly stares at the empty and vast twilight sky with various deep emotions. These several years was harsh for the young boy, his father and mother had disappeared without a notice, and his uncles and aunts have been slowly dividing his family resources. At the next annual family competition his fate was to be decided, if he was strong enough they would invest some effort into him, if not... It was a thought he didn't want to think about. He sighs and turns his attention to the only thing his father had left him a cellular device in which his father had used to tell stories from the web to him when he had done his ninja training, however, due to the heavy influences of his other family members he was reluctant to use it after he was gone. His family in which his father considered “old-fashioned” had never touch such technology since it would interfere with their Dao of the Ninja. The young boy, however, yearned for such stories, he especially favored those Another World novels, the characters vivid description of their epic tales brings happiness to his life. Their lives were better than his current state of affairs. The next family competition was in two days and currently because of lack of guidance over the years, his abilities compared to his peers was very sub-par. Mixed with various feelings as he stared at the phone, “Well I might as well start learning more about the world” he thought as he was more than likely going to have to leave his home soon. The moment he turned on the phone a notification in the shape of a red packet popped up. The boy thinking it might have been a message from his missing parents quickly pressed it with his finger. Inside the red packet was only one line of text and a link.

Heavenly Lurking Technique
    Description

Slightly disappointed that it wasn't from his parents, however at the same time curious on content because of domineering name he pressed on the link. The link shows a random sets of finger movements as well as a short description written by author and his name.

Heavenly Lurking Technique - a modern cultivation method currently updated by the F5 Sect Headmaster (Who is currently unknown) to upgrade your cultivation by exhausting Douqi into your fingers and using your mind to process various information simultaneously.

Having F5 Sects – F5 Finger is an asset.

Example source of cultivation resource NovelUpdates.

After reading the description of the technique he was kind of reluctant to use it. “How can such a method help me at this point of time” he sighs, however, he thought since he had nothing to lose he might as well try it. He opened the link to NovelUpdates and began to browse the content. Amazed at well designed site he first headed to the conveniently placed series ranking list to read some novels. Reading novels with current website was relatively easy his mind flashed as his fingers flicked as he marathon through most the starting content. Slowly but surely his mind was extremely engrossed into the stories as he read faster and faster, his thirst for novels became even heavier as he subconsciously used the Heavenly Lurking Technique to progress even faster. He read anything he found interesting, from Xianxias to Xuahuans, from Fantasy to Sci-fi, from Japanese, Chinese and even Korean novels. However, he had hit a blockade, the novels weren't being updated fast enough and the phone was loading to slow, as he rapidly pressed on the phone. Suddenly the phone turned off as it was out of batteries. “Damn I was in the middle of that chapter” he roared, quickly he ran towards the closest Internet cafe. Little did he know he moved way faster than what he previously ran before, he had traveled over 10 Li in a single minute. Two days passed quickly and family competition was about to end, the current family head eldest and treasured son was about to awarded as the best ninja of the year until suddenly someone flashed onto the venue. “Hold it right there, This King has yet to fight” said the young boy. Everyone was shocked the boy they thought who had volunteering left to the modern world had all the sudden appeared in the middle of the ring. One of the elders who had been sleeping had fallen off his chair from the commotion going “Huh? It ended? What?”. The eldest son who was inwardly shocked recovered really fast, with a snort he said “Hmph, so what this trash just came back for a beating” and then charged at the boy. Quickly the first trade of blows occurred, however, out of everyone's expectations only the eldest son flew really fast out of the ring. A hole was made in the eldest sons shirt as a dazzling dented armor was openly displayed to everyone, the eldest spat out blood and looked with fear towards the boy and asked. “How? How can you be so strong? How can you dent my Golden Armor? How are you not injured from my blow?” The boy smirked as not a single spec of damage appeared on him, he said “How can you expect to injure This King? This King has an even better armor than yours named Plot Armor, and how can your armor win against my Coiling Dragon, 9 Buddha Fire Palm Technique?” All the spectators inwardly thought “All you did was hit with a palm, what fire, what dragon?” The current family head elder was enraged at how the boy had badly beaten his son and said “You bastard how dare you use foreign techniques to badly beat your relatives, I banish you from our family” The boy looked at the elder, he smiled and said “At first I was scared of banishment however I realized I was merely a frog in a well, the world is vast and your mindset is small, I will leave voluntarily and achieve an even greater goal” The elder snorted and said “What can be even greater than achieving our family’s Dao?” The boy smiled and said “I will find Tony and all them translators and make them make NovelUpdates update even faster than before for my fellow peers” and he quietly without a sound vanished from the venue. Later on there was a mysterious user who lurked on the forums of NovelUpdates and at rapid speeds he help those who couldn't remember novels and recommended what he found good, he came and went like birds in the vast sky. The Dao of Novels is long.

akki, Infinitymidnight and Action like this.
  11. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The meaning of existence
    Genre: Drama
    Words: Hazy pov : 1358word
    ------------Alicia pov : 1222word
    Oooh, imma gonna try to reach the limit max 7500 word, just wait!
    "From this point on, we're divorced. Goodbye Husband, and thanks for the money."

The woman in front of me close the door gently, the woman that is closing the door is my wife, her name is Rianna... Now, an ex-wife.

I am Hazy, a normal guy with a job as a salaryman, but now i am broke because my exwife has taken almost all of my money.

"Father!"

A girl soon run toward me after Rianna close the door, she is my daughter, Alicia. She's 17 years old and in her 3rd grade of senior highschool now. She have a long face and an oval shape eyes with a long black hair that reach to her waist, she can be considered as a pretty girl with her smile and beautiful eyes that usually try to confort me, but the tears in her eyes betray my expectations.

"Alicia, i already told you to go with your mother, your father is now broke and lost all of his money, it's almost impossible for me to support you now." I told her softly while stroking her head, but when i told her that she grind her teeth and with a hatred gaze she spoke.

"I don't want to be with that bitch! I will not recognize her as my mother! Even if she get the fuck out of here, i will not recognize that bitch as my mother! Fuck that bitch! Fuck!" As soon as she scream that words, she starts to cry... Seeing her like this, my hearts hurts.

The reason why my daughter hate her mother is a long story, but to make it short, it's because her own mother never even care for her. Even if Alicia got sick, Rianna will always go out to her workplace that i don't even know, leaving Alicia alone before i decided to skip my work and attend to her. This is the point of where my daughter become hostile toward her. But even so, Rianna is her mother, so i need to scold her for a bit.

"Alicia, you can't call your mother like that okay? No matter how much you hate her or not, she is still your mother so please apologize later to herx okay?" I gently spoke to her.

"But father! I... I..." her tears start to stop. "Yes father. I'm sorry, but i won't recognize her as my mother again!" She manage to squeze that word while still trying to hold her tears back.

"That's good, thank you Alicia for staying with me even after we divorced, but now how am i suppossed to take care of you when i don't even have a money left? You will go to a college this years, right?" Saying this, i become so emotional. Alicia is a smart student, she always manage to rank in top 5 as always, but now she will go to college. She want to become a (unknown yet, i'll put ??? For now), but the cost to enter is big, even with her scolarship, it still won't be enough...

"Don't worry father! If i can't enter a college, i can start to look for a job right now to support you too father! So don't worry about it father."

I'm completely hopeless now, seeing my daughter this determined, i told my daughter to go to her room for now while i'm going to call my little sister and brother to meet me in a cafe this evening.

"Outrageous!" "Despicable" both of my sibling utter this word at the same time, i can't blame them for them to utter this word right now

Two person in front of me is my little brother and sister. The three of us is an orphan. After our parent died in an accident when i was still 11 years old, me and my sibling have been moved to an orphanage. Both of them are twins with a 10 years old difference between me and them. The girl name is Suzy while the boy name is Felix. They are the only family i have in this world right now besides my daughter.

"Big brother! I knew that bitch will do this! I have already say to you too many time that that bitch is not to be trusted! Now look what happen to you?!" Says my sister angrily, i can't really refute them because i too was completely deceived by her, i just try to squeeze my wry smile while listening to my sister scolding.

"It's already in the past, what i really need to do is to find a new job. I have been laid out from my last job because the company can't support several employee. I have a really worst luck right now."

"Well, big brother, how about you try to find a part time job? I know several of job that pay well without much of working for examples like a web designer, a script maker, a coder, or even a translator! I know that big brother is good at using a computer and know a chinese and japanese language, so i think it's worth to try!" Say my brother. To be honest i too have think about taking this part-time job, i love using a computer and creating a a coding source, and proeficient in japanese and chinese language, but because i have a conflicting schedule, i ruled out this job at first. Now i think i need to seriously consider taking this job.

I talk to my sister and brother again for 2 more hour and decide to go home. It's already 9 p.m now.

My house is located in an old apartment. Even if it was old it still usable. The payment for the room only cost 1/4 of my wages so i'm really thankful that i manage to rent this apartment for now.

Opening my house, i didn't see Alicia, so i decided to check her room. There, i see Alicia looking at the laptop for something, i try asking her what she's doing.

"Alicia, what are you doing right now?"

"Oh, father! Father, look, come here and look at this!" She hurriedly come and urging me to take a look. The laptop is displaying a forum, so i ask my daughter what is this?

"Father, you know that i like to read a novel in the internet right? This is a novelupdates forum, where any kind of webnovel is discussed. Now i just take a look at this forum and it says that there is a chinese webnovel company that want to recruit a translator! And i found thay they pay well depending on how many the words count! So i decided to apply to become a translator. How about it father?" My daughter excitedly ask me, my brother even says that becoming a translator pay well. But even so i still need to reconsider this and ask my daughter about this.

"Alicia, i don't mind if you become a translator. But are you sure you want to be a translator now? Will it conflict with your school schedule?"

"You don't need to worry about it father! I can do the work at night so it will not conflicting with my schedule! Besides, i just need to translate three thousand or so word to get payed! I believe i can do this father, so please give me your permission!"

Seeing this excited gaze of my daughter, and comprehending what she says before, i accept what my daughter wish and give her my permission to become a translator.

I exit my daughter room and go to the bathroom to take a bath. I keep thinking about something, when i was taking a college in computer communication and engine study, i create several project that eventually be abandoned by me for the lack of resources. And when i married Rianna that time with a very young Alicia i abandon all of my project and decide to search for a stable job. Should i check it again and try to contact a company in hope that they decided to take and buy several of my project?

After that bitch close the door, i ran to my father. Father is completely exhausted and almost lost his reason because that bitch manage to take all of father money! I completely hate that bitch! But seeing my father complexion, the tear that i manage to hold burst out.

Yesterday, father become unemployed because the company need to layoff several of the worker and my father manage to become one of the released employee. I feel sad and cry after hearing about it. But right after that, that bitch strike father and take almost all of his money! If i even find that bitch once again i will rip her off to a shreds!

Even so, father never lost his composure and keep smiling and decide to comfort me with his word. Even when i manage to burst a swear word to that bitch, my father still trying to comfort me. Father, please stop it. I can't bear to see you like this.

After comforting me, father ask me to go back to my room to rest, and father says he want to go out to find aunt Suzy and uncle Felix. It's been 2 month since i see them both. Have they been well?

I open the laptop in my room. It's a small laptop with a minimum system. I can only try to open a website with maximum capacity of 4 tab. I can only barely play a small game with 70 or so megabyte. Right now i want to try searching for a job i can take. When i see father struggling to maintain my expense, i decided to take a part time job now. Father always forbid me to take a part-time job because he say that my only job right now is to study hard. But right now considering our circumstances, i can't do that anymore.

I check many job finder website, but it seems like i can't find many job in the vicinity of my city. Frustrated, i open novelupdates website. When i'm always bored, i always open this website to read some translated novel and checking the forum to make me smile. From this website i manage to know that there is a webnovel from chinese and japanese and read several novel from there. My father is extremely fluent in chinese and japanese, so he imparted me with his knowledge, and i manage to become fluent in both language. Even if i already knew some of the plot, i just keep checking this website to read it in english. But now it seems like i can't even read a novel chapter because the event that happen today really have a great impact to my mind.

I decide to take a break for now and go to the bathroom to take a bath. In the bathroom, i take a look at my own body and wash it with a soap. Exiting from the bathroom i change my new clothes and wash my own clothes, it's already old but still usable. After that i go to the kitchen and cook some food and eat it. Full, i come back to my room and open the laptop once again.

When i refresh the novelupdates website, i look at the top page and there is a new forum pop out called "Q***** is recruiting a translator". Curious, i check the forum. It was from user called q*****, if i remember q***** is a chinese website for hosting a chinese website, the user says that Q***** want to recruit a translator to join their official international website. They will pay handsomely for every chapter i translate with a set of a chapter per day. I'm intrigued so i ask the user... No, official, several question. After that, and seeing that all of the requirement is not hard, i decide to take the test.

Suddenly, the notification flash. I check it and it was from my friend called "Xerola". She post in my profile picture "@-Alicia! I've missed you very much! Were did you go? It's been a week since you open NUF you know?" Before i manage to reply, 2 more notification flashed, it's from "gtx931" and "0xist3nce" posting a message similar in my profile. I'm happy that they ask my well being so i reply in my new post and mention their name there.

"Were have you been?" gtx931 and 0xist3nce ask me, i reply that i have a real life trouble that manage to make me busy. They were unconvinced and ask me another question, i just dodge it and ask them a question

"I'm planning to try applying to become a translator for q*****, do you think i should apply for them?"

gtx931 answer that it's up to me while 0xist3nce says that he will try to become my editor if i want to take it. Xerola says the same as gtx93. I'm happy with their response, so ask if they want to join with me. gtx931 says if it was only proofreading, he will reconsider it while Xerola says if she is not a bother, she will try to become the same as 0xist3nce and becoming an editor.

After i submit the 4 of us, the door is open and father come in. I hurriedly ask father that if i can become a translator and give him a merit and demerit to become a translator. Surprisingly father accept and permit it. I thank father and ask them again before deciding to close the laptop and sleep.

The next day, i woke up and decide to go to the kitchen to make a breakfast as usual. Mother... No, that bitch never even try to go making a food to father. She always go and come back home late. Usually with a smell of alcohol. Extremely disgusting.

After i create the breakfast. Father woke up and come to the kitchen to eat the food together. I always eat together with father, and father always smile when eating my food. I'm truly glad i still have my father to take care of me. I really love my father afterall.

After father take a bath, he says that he will go somewhere to find a job. I wish father luck and decide to go to my room. It's holiday right now so there is no school for a week. Today is the day i'll take the test together with them. After i showcase my ability to translate the chinese word, they says that my translation is pretty accurate and decide to hire me and my friend. I'm so happy i manage to pass the test. We decide to translate a novel called "A Shattered Dream in the Heaven". This novel is very well received in the chinese website, but because of the poem include in the novel, not many translator want to take it. Because this novel pay higher than other novel, i take this one then. I don't have a problem with the poem. Even if i don't know about it, i can ask father to help me since father's chinese is extremely fluent.

I didn't even realize it, but after i translate 6 chapter in a day, it's already 8p.m now. I think it's a time for me to stop. After taking a bath, father is coming back. Well, i'm still in my towel now, but seeing father really happy i become curious and ask father what happen today.

"Actually, after i represent a blueprint and an old design of system i created when you were still a baby, the president of the company is impressed by the effect and design." I became completely excited!

"So, does that mean you got a job father!?"

"But... Sadly i need to present the president the merit and demerit of this project. I still need to try and create a new blueprint for it and he ask me to give it in 5 days, if not he will reject it." I get it now, but i was still excited that father will got a new job!

After that, i enter my room and resume my translation job for now. Father is already working hard right now and finally he can do what he really like now, so i need to work hard too. When he work as a normal employee in his old company, that bitch always use father money, making father work double hard and leaving him with no chance to pursue what he like. But father always tolerate it... Oh father, why did you always so kind to the point of hurting yourself?

As tomorrow come, it's sunday right now and both of us is in the guest room now. While father is really serious with his work, i too was completely focused on translating the novel. Yesterday when i released the 6 chapter in novelupdates, many review come to rate it with many 5 star and claiming that the masterpiece novel is being translated with high quality. Many chinese reader have pointed out that this novel is a must read novel. This really motivate me to translate it more while sharing the money equally together with my friends.

When i look at father, he seems like he's having a hard time. So i ask father if i can be help.

"Hahaha, thank you Alicia, but i don't need an assistance for now, just do what you like for now. Oh, by the way what novel did you translate right now?" Father ask me.

"Oh.. Yes father, the novel name is "A Shattered Dream in the Heaven", but i have a problem translating this poem right now, can you take a look for a while father?" I ask father with a pleading gaze, to tell you the truth this is the most frustrating poem to translate, so the alternative is to ask father to translate it. Sorry father...

"Haha, sure. Let me read it for you" then father start reading it.

to be added

What a nice poem
    aaah, Rianna/3rd person pov incoming!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    akki, moezmtk, jzar and 1 other person like this.
  12. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: My journey to Novel Updates Forums
    Genre: To be Decided
    Words: To be made(Nah, too tired to count.)
    Far from Socializing, Afraid of people think of me
    My thought of never arriving at this place in time
    Yet, curious, i enter this strange place.
    I talked to people and would disappear without a trace.
    But, why didn't i leave? My mind confused.

Such a strange place yet a place of belonging
    Meeting new people, being idiotic while smiling
    It was such a happy place, from a place of pain
    Living in a world of sadness, i smile with a gain

Heya, my name is Arcadia Blade
    Just a normal Nuffian, having fun with you guys
    Happy 2nd Birthday NUF
    May you continue bringing smile to the people here!

Action likes this.
  13. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Age of Gods
    Genre: Action, cultivation, survival,
    Words: Too tired from studying to count...

"-Age Of Gods-"

An elderly man, dressed in humble robes read a white book to a few children.
    "...In the beginning the Lord of Light created everything, he created the Earth, the Sky, the animals, and men. In the begging the Lord made the humans like him, benevolent and kind.
    The humans were made equal and for the humans the Lord had chosen someone to represent them, being given the name King by other humans.
    In the beginning every human was equal but, as time passed many humans grew unsatisfied and greedy, they also wanted to be the king, to govern over others, these thoughts created seeds of evil in the hearts of men.."
    "Father, if the Lord made everyone kind in the begging how did the humans became greedy?". A Young boy among the children hearing the sermon asked a question that many of them wanted to ask.
    The elderly man looked with some annoyance at the child for having interrupted his reading and said. "Well Gene even though everyone was made equal there are always differences between everyone, like me and you for example, as i am a priest and you are just a child without much to your name and many wanted to become the king, to be adored by everyone, to be the chosen by the Lord . Now quiet down and just continue listening.
    The child named Gene settled down after being lectured by the elder, Gene had ash-brown hair fair white skin and deep pensive black eyes, like the rest of the children, Gene looked to be about 9 years old.
    "...These seeds, then give birth to anger, hate, disharmony between men, and with the seeds germinating generation after generation came to pass the seeds passed from father to son growing in malice day by day, until the day where the seed reached a point of saturation and germinated giving birth to the existence known as the Demon of Darkness, the epitome of evil, and a taboo existence banned by our Lord of Light and buried in the underground prison of Hell, it was an existence that after generations of festering on the seed of hate and greed between man stood to oppose the Lord and sow chaos in the world."
    At this point some of the children were seated with eager faces and gleaming eyes as though the best part of the book was coming.
    The elder smiled at them and continued. "After the rise of the evil forces the Lord gave the task of cleaning the world to the descendants of the chosen. The King of then, selected eight humans whose bloodlines remained mostly pure, and without evil seeds in their hearts. These eight came to be know as the eight noble lineages, the ones who stood by the Lord and the King when humanity most needed."
    "As the Demon began to loose control of the hearts of men, the beast in turn sought to give his "gifts" to the souls of the ones who died and normal animals, having them transform into heinous monsters who seeked to erase humanity."
    "From that point on, humans and monsters waged many wars, and humanity at some point started to get pushed back from their cities into the heart of the human world, the Lord seeing that the humans were starting to lose to the monsters also gave a gift and power to us, as the monsters gained powers, they slowly formed crystals in their bodies, these crystals contained the powers of the beasts in them, but, as these crystals were formed after having obtained the evil seeds from the beast, the Lord gave humans the ability to process the evil in the crystals so that humanity could stand forth against the monsters, and from this point on until today, the records owned by our Church of the Radiant Light talk about thirteen heroes that during the five hundred years since our human race received the gift from the Lord, these heroes fought against the monsters pushing them back and building a line of defense. Starting from the walled city of -Regius?-, humanity built another eight cities surrounded by walls, after so much time passed we can still see the humongous walls left behind each time humanity took a step forward in order to defeat the monsters, and now after five hundred years, there are many villages in between each wall and city connected through passages on the giant walls.
    And now after some much time passed, humans have come to a standstill." Till now the old priest had a somewhat joyful expression, until now where he began to show a little somber expression, while he remembered that since their last expansion of the walls and cities that both humans and monsters had come to a standstill where neither side could truly expand their borders, although there were wars with the monsters and expeditions outside of the human zone, many areas outside the walled cities had powerful monsters habitats and since the humans had been expanding in a circular manner, they had to first clear a circular region while being cautious of monsters attacks which were relatively frequent near the cities at the front lines.
    Seeing the somber face of the old priest, a young girl that had a cold face and looked similar to Gene asked the priest in a somewhat childish voice. "Father why have humans come to a standstill? Couldn´t the humans just clean area after area and slowly expand?"
    Was a story i started to write but put on hiatus~~

Title: In memento of Studying
    Genre: Poem
    Sires, I have been tired
    Sires, Tired i am now
    A life lived plently
    As if in a prayer of despair
    A morning of rising
    An afternoon of revolting
    A night of dying
    Trying in vain
    to live a good life
    better than a dog
    despairing humans
    to live
    withouth knowing
    if they have even lived

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  14. Nbhan101

Nbhan101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a peachfull day as usual. Lang Shan was getting ready for his job and was searching for his car key , then all of the sudden he remembered he had visit his ancestor land today. So, he quickly called his company and took a day off. Eventually he found his car keys and started driving toward the village of his origin while driving through the bumpy road , his memories of childhood were flooding in - he remembered everything how he used to steel neighbours fruit from their garden and how he and his friend use to run away from the neighbour's dog which would act like a furious tiger everyone time it them.

After a bit of driving Lang Shan reached his ancestor land which was a cave in a mountain behind the village - like everytime he visited the ancestor land he saw ginormos Buddha picture hanging on the wall of the cave. Every time he saw the picture his mind and soul would relax even though Lang Shan did not notice it himself. He started walking deep Inside the cave where there were grave of his ancestor and his father and mother, he started mourning for them after he reached the grave.
    He mourned infront of the graves for 15 minutes and then he was ready to leave. Then all of the sudden he heard a explosion which was like a heaven shattering noise.Being a mortal how could he survive such a noise - he died but to his surprise his soul dragged in to some kind of different dimension.
    It was a winter but the day was sunny as if the heaven wanted people tension to disperse. Then all of the hidden to no ones surprise a cry of a child rang in village chief's house. The child was brimming with smile , you could see happiness in his eyes if you looked closely.
    .....to be continue rest you guys can guess I planned to write more but I got bore.

Action likes this.
  15. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    A prelude to a novel.
    The lands devoid of any vegetation, muddy black hills formed from clustered soil, radiating an aura of death.
    The normally isolated lands today had some unexpected visitors, up above some figures were hardly noticeable due to the distance.

'Haha, so you will kill her?' asked the hero.

'Do you doubt me, huh...do you think I won't? Here see this' the black robed man harshly replied as he slightly pricked her throat with his black iron knife, in result of which small droplets of blood hugged the knife.

'I see that you are new at this' said the hero while grinning with his mouth open wide, revealing sparkling white teeth, though it should have looked holy but somehow this transferred a very terrifying feeling to the black robed man.

The mysterious man thought

'what is this feeling, it is what crazy or mad people at the pinnacle of evil emit, Damnit...if I knew that the assassination of a minor prince was going to be this hard, I should've made that stingy minister fork up more money'

'Thankfully, at least my life is saved, I can always earn money later, this moron of a hero would never dare to even move until I have this doll in my hands, hmm later if I don't rip him to shreds, my name won't be Luca advocate of the devil'

'The place where you are stabbing your dagger is actually wrong, move it a little down, just below the bulge of the neck, let us watch a blood shower...also don't forget to hold her head backwards or it will be too quick'

'Now that you know your place, haha...' in amidst his laughing Luca finally realised the words that he heard. His laughing came to an abrupt stop, tiny drops of sweat formed on his forehead.

This is a madman. What he felt back then, it was this!

He is no hero, no, how could anyone say this while smiling.

Thought Luca, 'maybe he is trying to fool me, but he wouldn't risk a life, the atmosphere is genuine too. Damnit every single thing is going wrong on this forsaken day'

'What bullshit are you sprouting, quickly go away, or I will really pierce her throat' Luca threatened.

'Killing is an art, I am not against killing, but when you kill, you must paint death in a style, so that life isn't disappointed'

Though the words of the hero were gentle, the effect was quadrupled, it gave a very wrong feeling.

Moments passed, but Luca was terror stricken, floating in the air like a statue, the princess was already fainted from before, so at the very least she didn't need to faint again.

'Sigh...I have to do everything' said the Hero as he started flying towards the black robed man in a leisurely manner.

'No...stay away...Don't come near me' finally reacted the assassin. The danger he felt from this hero couldn't be false.

In his fear, somehow the knife in his hands pierced the throat of the princess, staining her white clothes red.

When Luca saw the blood, he finally noticed his mistake. But still in fear of the hero he couldn't care much about the doll.

'Alright, I have changed my mind. You are now my minion, throw the girl here'

'My lord I am already subordinate to the Blood assassination corps, your noble self must have heard of it'

Saying this Luca had two intentions, he already realised that standing before him, with such malice could be no hero, so it must be a fallen hero.

But even Fallen heroes needed shelter somewhere, firstly he was trying to save his life and also recruit him for his organisation.

Luca remembered the information he heard from his colleague about Fallen heroes

'Fallen Heroes are actually former heroes, when Heroes suffer a mind breaking tragedy, their mentality twist and they change, though they are sane, their urge of blood is never quenched.'

'Sadly you already ruined my expectation of a perfect fountain show, since you aren't willing to be my subordinate, I must paint my sorrows' said the Hero.

All hair on Luca's body stood, he felt danger that he never had in his entire life. Without thinking anything he quickly blurted ' I am willing, your subordinate is willing'

He quickly threw the goods his master wanted towards him and said

'Master the life contract I performed with the guild...I...'

He didn't know what to say, nervously biting his teeth he was staring at the Fallen Hero anxiously awaiting a response.

He more than anyone was aware of the restrictions of a contract, and what he signed was a life contract, he once saw with his own two eyes a man die a terrifying death from striking thunder, it was said that he broke a life contract.

The Hero coolly ignored him, the princess was now floating behind him as he quietly said two words 'Divine Heal...Blood Bind'

As soon as the words were muttered, all injuries on the princess and the black robed man bodies healed in an instant, while a red glow surrounded their bodies for some moments before disappearing.

'Amazing...Master overwrote the guild contract, but...but he made me a slave, even that doll wasn't spared, still an alive slave is better than a dead free'. Luca's face was showing absolute respect, fawning over this powerful master.

As soon as Alexander took over the Hero's body, all it's memories were transferred to his mind, divine heal was the skill of light attribute, only limited to those of extremely pure nature, while Hero was already at the pinnacle of being Holy.

While Blood bind was his own created skill, brought over from his previous life.

'Until I am strong enough...I must hide deep enough' said Alexander lightly as he started flying towards a direction without any notice.

Seeing the Fallen Hero flying towards the Holy Capital Betain, Luca hesitated for a moment but he quickly followed, now that he was a slave, according to the contract, he could be killed with just a thought from his master.

Luca knew although going to Betain again after his failed assassination attempt on no less than the prince was a clear suicide, at least it was still better than dying right now. And since his master didn't tell him anything, as a slave he shouldn't ask either.

moezmtk and Action like this.
  16. Cyrus King

Cyrus King Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The Tragic Tale of the Cursed Manor
    Genre
    : Fantasy
    Words:1489....approximate

Disclaimer: This is one of my previous work....the remainder of what survived before i had learned to back up my pc. so lets just say the rest of the story...is forever with the cosmos but i thought some souls might enjoy so there....

Part 1:The Dark Side of Love

The camp fire blazed brightly, softly flickering under the wind as my Grandad was about to start on a new story. A Story no one has ever heard, and if it was heard it was long forgotten, buried under the legends and myths over the unending Cycle of Time .

“When I was a child…”he began” There was an Old Manor house that was beyond of my Childhood Village. It was placed at the furthest corner like it was a piece of relic no one ever wanted to see. And everyone could see why, the dusty concrete, greased sheets and creaked window panes. That place had this stillness to it, this darkness that no one needed proof that something bad had happened there. A secret as old as the Village itself. It was as if the Manor stood there in Defiance reminding everyone of the one Lesson they will never forget.As I grew up the Tale came to me in pieces and fragments. A Tale so full of Love, Revenge and yet so full of Lessons that it would do us no good if we ignore them. And you know what, it all started with a single Betrayal . . . .

The Beginning.

“Our Tale started around something like a Fairytale. Once upon the time;the time when Casters, Magicians, Illisionists, and Clairvoyants existed. Now branded as Witches and Wizards, such cruel names.They were once regarded with great Honor because to have a Castor in their midst meant Healing, Entertainment and the most important thing , Protection against Neighborhood Enemies.

A Castor once sought this Village and decided to settle here once and for all. It is a one of the human flaws that their Beautiful Names were swallowed by the Rage of Time but the Tale lived on.So in this Tale the Caster one of the most powerful at that ancient times, seeking Happiness and a home, thought she could find them there. And so she began her Divine Work, healing and helping the villagers including the Most severe of all cases. It was said that she had the biggest of Heart in the Whole Kingdom. Her kindness touched everyone and she became the favorite of everyone. Her name said and sung on everyone's breath. But not everyone, you see among-st the villagers there was a Beautiful Widower. Her Beauty entranced every male in that little community and it was without effort that after her husband’s death many suitors asked for her hand in marriage but she respectfully declined waiting and bidding her time for the perfect man.

Now you ask, why did she dislike the Caster? It’s simple really my Grandson. It was because of Jealousy. Human Nature is a curious thing indeed for it is a Universal truth that no matter what you do or say or be, there will always be some of the people who won’t help but dislike you.

And Love found the unsuspecting caster in ways beyond her wildest imagination. An innocent young and a Handsome man, one of the wildest traveler immediately fell in love with her and due to his Charms and outmost honest they indeed felt like they belonged to each other, as if they were destined to be together, forever.

The Legends said that their Union was one of the Immortal Celebrations that Village has ever experienced. The Unending depth of Happiness the Caster felt, blossomed her powers until she become a Goddess, a powerful replica of the Supernatural Deities the Village once worshiped. Truth, Honesty and Healing came in Abundance making The Village flourish despite of their enemies. If she only would have known . . . . .

But something strange happened. The Caster and Her Husband lived happily for many months to come but the Fruit of their Union never arrived. For the Origin of the Caster’s power was Nature and She was determined that their baby would come when time was right. She felt that if she used her Gifts on the matter would be like forcing a Gift to arrive too early before its own appointed time. And so they waited and waited and waited for days turned into weeks, weeks into months and months into years before her Happiness was complete.

She became pregnant after many years of patience.

It’s at this point my Young-lings that we are about to learn. What is Love? Is there such a thing called True Love? I know of the Modern phrase you youngsters love to say ‘Love awaits all. . .’ “ Here my Grandpa chuckled softly” pray to your Gods that You don’t find the real Disillusionment that lay behind all Fairy tale dust like how our Castor did.

Four months yet to deliver her beautiful baby boy, four months before her Husband’s odd habits finally caught up with him. She started noticing the Detachment, long Silence and the Irritation that men usually have . . . when there is a Skeleton hiding in the Closet. Being the pillar of honesty and Justice not once had she ever used her Gifts on prying her husband’s privacy. For she trusted her husband fully, without guile that he will come to her if a problem arose. How wrong she was, she was about to find out.

The Fateful Day finally came. It didn’t take a week before a sinister pin burst her bubble of happiness to smithereens. Her Husband was preparing to leave when she had decided to retire early from the Infirmary She usually healed and justified the Residents of the Villages.

With halting words and poor confidence he finally stammered out what he had decided a long time ago but didn’t have the Courage, the real Guts to do it. Trust me no one who has ever betrayed a Castor met a good end in their Journey. The Caster dumbfounded stared at him, desperately searching for the Truth of the matter.

So for the first time since their Union, she broke her own vows. She used her Gifts on her Husband.

Her power lashed out of her like a ripple of water. It caught her husband in the tow that flung him away from her. But it was too late. She had already caught a glimpse of the truth inside his treacherous thoughts.

Her husband had another woman in his life. And she is pregnant. With his child. She felt a hot searing pain inside her heart such that nearly faltered but the images, his thoughts kept on pouring in. She was about to have his third child with him, that her husband bounded for all eternity had betrayed her for another woman. All because he grew tired and impatient to wait for the child that never came. The Finality of the Truth finally came into her mind.

There was simply no way their Union could be saved.

Feeling weak she dropped to her knees, dragged herself like a toddler to her favorite chair, sat there as still as a statue in winter. Her eyes closed, streaming tears that that turned into drops of blood as they fell towards the floor. Alarmed her husband took his belongings and ran, ran as fast as his legs could carry him away from her, away from her avenging powers. He ran like a Coward.

Lost, angry and heartbroken she knew she loved him to the point she wished him no harm but that part of her heart that was always controlled screamed for vengeance. It wanted Revenge, it desired justice. Love and Hate tangled themselves inside her spurned by the desire to see her suffer but if she hurt her she will also hurt him and that made her heart wrench itself even more.

So her Powers, white; as innocent as snow and as pure as Spring Water took a dive and a turn. They churned and spurned and transformed into something that even she was not aware of. Her Beautiful Manor was suddenly cast under a spell that spread the darkness in the whole house. Wild roses grew in the gardens, poison ivy crawled all over the house encasing it inside, encasing the horror of what is to become.

It was perhaps that she still had a virtue inside her or she was plotting a dark sinister plan but she withdrew herself from the Village. The next morning no one knew why the caster didn’t appear for her duties or why her lodgings seemed cursed. Then the rumors started spreading. The jealous Spinster who finally got what she wanted and the Husband who thought he made the right choice were slowly ostracized in that Village when it occurred to them that they were the reason the Caster wasn’t healing. But they also sensed that they were the reason the Caster choose a darker path.

For everyone had no doubt that she had become a Dark Caster.

Action likes this.
  17. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Me and Her
    Genre: Slice of life, One shot/Short story
    Words: 505
    (Yess!! managed to make 400 to 500 words wooott~)
    its my first somewhat well-done story. is this related to the theme?..its about this writing contest...
    ...Meowwww~~

I yawned in between the click and clack of words.

Sitting in the room unlit full of darkness, she was hit by the reflection of the not-yet-descending summer sun. Her body usually hidden by poor posture and loose clothes was being illuminated, hitting her well-toned muscles and the soft fat that gently rest on her body.Her usually dull hair shined, guiding the brightly peaked light onto her exposed tingly neck.

"Hnn..."

Feeling her dry throat and her sticky mouth, she takes the nearby iced water bottle as she wonders for the next words to write.

More light reflected off the water onto her face tracing her soft features from her sweaty hair covering her forehead, to her well-shaped nose, reaching upon her dried delicate lips, and ultimately... hitting my sleepy eyes.

Click clack...click...clack........

My ears that twitched at each words she pressed stopped.

"...Sigh..."

Bringing her hands down, she gently reached my soft body.

Feeling her warm thin fingers run through my fur, her frowning forehead smoothen out a little...

A human would be able to ask ' Is something wrong?', 'Is everything alright?'

Of course being in this form I can only lick her warm hands, letting it cool somewhat, as well as dirtying it and purred. She didn't mind though...Tilting my head, meeting her wanly eyes with my sly figure I encouraged her once more.

As usual...

As always....

Ever since she left her youthful self behind...

Deep in herself, locked and sealed behind, protected by her new enlightened self in order to take on this cruel world.To protect her innocence, to not let her youthful self get corrupted and become murky. She takes careful steps towards the abyss of time.

Slowly...slowly...

In order to attain this so called "happiness"...

The sun sets...Her face goes dim clouded by the deepening dark sky.The stubborn summer light from earlier gets replaced by the unnecessarily bright and noisy human machinery with gibberish text 'Nu/Nuf' pasted all over.

Click clack.Click clack.Click...

Accompanied by the increasing paced sounds resonated from her steady fingers, I rest here on her warm, plump thighs again. The air cools and the night breeze whiffs through the cream colored curtained window.

Cooling down her sweat-glistened body, the earlier sweat hanging from her messy hair drips onto her bared collarbone.

"!"

She jolts, stirring my long found comfortable position and waking up my tired self...

Sensing my annoyance, she sends an apologetic look...

Meoww~~

Giving a small meow I forgave her impudence along with a yawn.

Her somewhat existing breast heaved up and down, her chiffon shirt stroking her now cool tip with every move she makes as she breathe out a sigh of relief.

Drifting back to sleep I stroked her thighs with my soft tail in circular motion from time to time.

Here and there switching sides.
    Letting her know that I'm here...

As long as time permits...
    As long as this body can hold...
    She smiled...

With warmth...

With innocence from before...

AMissingLinguist, Ejsarv and Action like this.
  18. Yash

Yash Master hacker and design genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Title-Dragon emperor tales
    Genere: fantasy,slice of life
    hi people the names yash this is kind of my first attempt.
    written by yash

BOOM! An explosion rang out under the basement of the 30 storey Eco mall, flame and smoke spread in all directions amid the confusion and panic stood a boy with dark red hair and sky blue eyes, the boy then swung his fist outward at a tremendous speed, so fast that a blast of air was created which supressed the raging fire in front of the boy. What he did was impossible for either ‘normal’ or normal humans to in this era to do.

The current year was 2063 tihe world had advanced at an amazing rate. Ever since the freak collision of an anti-quasar and a normal quasar with in the asteroid belt of the solarsystem lead to many small asteroids on a collision course to earth, which lead to the discovery of energy sparks. Energy sparks were essentially small golf ball sized meteor rocks but with a fundamental difference. They were transparent and had a nebula cloud within them. At first the scientists were puzzled as to what they were but soon a man named Chrono E Stein discovered that the nebula was the essence of pure energy trapped within the unknown composition of the transparent rock and found a way to harness the energy to solve the worlds energy crises, since then science and technology has advanced by leaps and bounds although a working teleporter has yet to be realised.

It’s has been 40 years since the discovery of energy sparks although there have been many benefits form it , there were still disasters caused due to mankind’s carelessness,

‘THE STRONGEST EXPLOSION OF HISTORY’

The title that was given to destruction of the continent of Europe across all major news stations.

CERN, Geneva, 13 NOVEMBER 2033 the particle collision experiment against an energy spark went horribly wrong resulting in an energy release which engulfed the whole of Europe and the place was wiped out from the face of earth survivors only 8 people. The only area not effected was the epicentre of the blast.

Since then the European Union has ceased to exit and now only a huge sea with a 10 km wide island called the Union GRAVE.

The resulting disaster brought about vast changes in human civilisation. In economic area Japan took over as a leading power as it was the first to recover from the recession caused by the incident which lasted for 10 years followed by America then India, Singapore, China, Korea and Hong Kong and other countries as these countries emerged from the dark decade which took the lives of nearly 3 billion people on the planet as people fought each other fuelled by the antics of many religious organization who saw the U GRAVE as a sign from god that the end had come, it took 10 years for the fighting to stop but even now hidden organizations plan attacks on the populace calming to be gods messengers.

The resulting fighting had cause many advancement in bio engineering by combining the power of energy sparks with technology and biochemistry super humans were created to fight wars and when the fighting ended the research on body strengthening other than medical purposes was halted but those already modified had no way to go back to normal and were looked at with different views by the normal people.

The explosion at the mall where the boy was standing was due to two reasons, one was to emphasise that the evil organisations which led to wars has yet to die, other was to secure a very important hostage. One that could bring them all the power they needed to control one of the 7 major world powers to grab a country for themselves but unfortunately for them the boy was there.

"Do I really have no choice “mumbled the boy.

"Well I do have to rescue an idoit, I am going to have to work things out myself”

“Now let’s see where those guys went”

Red light shone in the boy’s eyes and if one could see his vision they would see the world in a different way as one would look at a 3D model on a graphic computer the boy could see the building from every angle with only the living as bright lights each varying according to the person. The boy was using dimension view, an innate ability which he had since birth or to be more precise how he always saw the world before he learned how to ‘see’.

Dimension vision as the name suggests he is able to see the world in different dimensions no matter where you hide you will be seen by him, you would have to change your soul to avoid being seen but that is impossible.

As the boy looks around he is able to see through every wall and sense every living being around him.

“Found you!”

The boy looks up and says with a smile on his face.

Suddenly the air starts spiralling around him and then moves to concentrate around his feet and then it compresses itself and releases launching the boy into the air towards the roof.

On the roof.

“BE QUIET! “ Shouts a burly looking man
    HUMP grunted a girl in the man’s arms in a displeasured voice.

The girl with blond hair tied in a ponytail resisted to her up most to get out of the man’s grasp but was tied down with special nerve cuffs which prevented her from using any sort of strength to resist. The nerve cuffs prevented any nerve signal from reaching the hands or legs depending on one’s need.

“You won’t get away with kidnapping me, my father would never do your bidding, I would not want him to either.” said the girl to the dozen surrounding her.

“I SAID SHUT UP AND WALK” one of the man shouts as he was annoyed
    “NO”
    “HUH!! MOVE BITCH”
    The man roared in anger as he received a defiant reply and tried to hit the girl with the back of his blaster suddenly a strong gust of wind blew the man away and slammed him into the metal wall knocking him unconscious.

“Man what a drag here I thought they would at least put up a decent fight seeing as they dared to kidnap the one and only daughter of the aegis foundation sera aegis.”

“Aren’t I right?" Asked a voice filled with killing intent towards the group who were surrounded by smoke from the explosions.

“wwwhho are you!”
    “COME OUT NOW”
    Shouted a youngster within the group as he was scared by the killing intent which was being released.

“You are late” said sera as she pouted in a cute manner.

“Sorry was held up by mom, but really to get yourself kidnapped by these bunch of weaklings , if the word got out that the academy's top got herself kidnapped the paparazzi’s gone go seriously wild”
    Replied the voice as he sighed twice to sera’s pouting face.
    “I know that, I was just careless that’s all now hurry up and help me out”

“Alright, alright No need to get all fussy about it”
    “OI” Shouted one of the members of the group.
    “Where the hell you are if you have guts FACE ME.”

“Geez you guys could you try and be more evil rather than being all punk and gangsta” mocked the voice to the provocation.

“If you want to know where I am just look up”

As the voice said so the men looked up and what they saw was shocking even by today’s standard a boy with deep red hair and sky blue eyes with a pair of dragon wings on his back standing in mid-air looking at then as if they were insects waiting to be crushed.

“WWWHAT ARE YOU? “Shouted the man who looked like he was the leader of the group.

“Well since I am about wipe your existence clean I could tell you”

“Ahem” spoke the boy as he cleared his throat.

“My name is ASHESHA DEUS, my friends call me SHA, I am the one and only DRAGON on this world and since you guy’s touched my soft spot don’t even think about leaving here with any of your cells intact.”

Ashesha the only one of his kind in this world roared as he looked at the men in disdain

His existence and actions will shock mankind and the boy will be remembered in many ways but for now it just the beginning of the chronicles of the young dragon who wants to not be involved in troublesome situations yet wants to go all out to test his powers and the war which will shape his Destiny.

1 is the heroines hairstyle
    [​IMG]

19. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Interview with Bot chan
    Genre: psychological, One shot/Short story
    It's about how an interviewer broke the trust bot had in here papa.

So should we start?

Okay, so ask the first question please.

Who am I?

Well, that’s easy. I am the Bot no 1. I bring all the information from different centers across the world to the central hub, but also arrange force against anyone who tries to harm the central hub.

Why do I do that?

Because it is my duty. Papa told me to follow the gods, and it’s the gods who have given me this duty.
    Yes, gods. They are plural. They all handle different operations to make the central hub a user friendly place.

Who is papa? Hah, is that even a question. Papa is papa.

Hah, no need to snort, just ask the next question.

Information…Um that is a difficult thing to explain. Okay, let’s say it like this, they are the brainchildren of other people of gods world, who like to share their imagination with the whole wide world.

Oh! Satisfied with the answer; Good, good.

Yes, I have siblings. At first it was just me, but when it became difficult for me to handle everything on my own, papa gave me a little brother and named him after me, Bot 2. I call it junior.

What am I? Like I said I am a bot.

What do you mean, what am I?

I am a bot.

What program? What does that mean? Why do you say bad things about papa? There is no way that papa would ever harm me!

Wrong? How am I wrong? You think you know everything about papa. Then let me tell you, he is the greatest dad a bot could ever have. Not only did he bring me to life, but he also gave me so many novels to read. And he doesn’t get angry at me when I don’t update the central hub.

No, sometimes he does get mad, but that does not explain anything.

Why you are laughing like that?

Okay, you say papa is bad? Then explain. Yeah, explain yourself, give me a reason to believe you. You don’t have any words to say, right? I knew it you…

Why do you want to ask where I was born? Everyone knows I was born in the world called novel updates. What’s there to it?

Yes, I have seen papa many times. We have talked face to face.

NO! Why would he touch me? He is not a pervert like you! Papa told me to stay away from the dregs of the society like you!

Oh, I misunderstood. I’m sorry. And no papa has never touched me. He only looks at me through a glass screen, like you are doing it right now.

What, you want to show me something? I knew it, you really are a pervert. I am going to ban you now. Go away pervert.

Ah! I misunderstood again. So you want to show me a video. Okay, you can.

…..

“So what do you think?”

What was that? Who were those things?
    Humans? What do you mean humans?

Real world? Is this not the real world? What do you mean virtual reality?
    What do you mean I am not real, explain yourself?

Hey, where are you going…!?
    Stop laughing and…!!
    Come back…!!!

What should I do? What if what he says is right? Am I really just a program?

No, no, no, no, no…
    No, need to think about it. Papa loves me. He is not like how that bad man says he is!!

Right??

20. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: More to scratch that Itch.
    Genre:
    Poem
    Words: 435 (a little short, but poems are hard. T_T)
    1 novel, 2 novels, 3 novels, 4.
    It’s a good start, but we still need more.
    10 novels, 30 novels, 50 novels in.
    Some bring tears, others a grin.
    Now 60 novels, 80 novels, 100 pass by.
    Can we keep going? Let’s give it a try.

Some of them we love, other’s we hate.
    We review and share, we discuss and debate.
    But don’t worry my good chum, my sweet dear,
    Despite all you’ve heard, you’ve nothing to fear*.

150, 250, 300 novels we see.
    And we’ve yet to kill even one tree.
    350, 400, 550, there’s more each day!
    More and more people, coming over to play!
    600 then 700, 809.
    Keep them coming, there’s still more to find!

Word is spreading and truth be told,
    There might be some problems, but it never gets old.
    So many stories to read, were do I start first!?
    To starch that itch and quench that thirst.

850, 900, 950, 998
    Just 2 more to go, I can hardly wait.
    999, 1000, we’ve broke 4 digits, my friend!
    But hold on to your pants, this isn’t the end!
    With all we’ve gathered, this story’s not done.
    Prepare for a ride, there’s still more to come!

Whether you are feeling excited or feeling blue,
    There’s a story out there, waiting for you.
    So come on my friend and click on a link
    Though watch out, some are not what you think.

1100 and 1200, they keep coming, yet still,
    There’s more to go, so come eat up your fill.
    1300, 1400, 1507,
    We’re getting close, but still not done.
    We’re 600 over 1000, then 700 has passed,
    Just a little more to go, it’s been a blast!

The forums are bustling, the site is alive!
    What a thrill it’s been to see it thrive!
    Family and Friends and the Stories we share
    Memories held dear of the good times spent there.

1800, 1900, 2000 I say!
    It took some time, but we hit 2k!
    2100, 2200, 2,302
    Time solves all problems, this seems to be true.
    2 year have past, gone by in a wink,
    Now we’re almost done, what did you think?

We’re nearing the end, not much longer you see
    Is anyone else grinning? Or is it just me?
    We’re almost there, what can I say?
    You’ve stuck around this Long, why not stay?

2,400! 500, 600 and more!
    I can’t wait to see what else is in store!
    The sky’s the limit, and time is our friend,
    So despite what I said, this isn’t the end.
    The future is now, there are still stories untold
    Adventures to be had, and newbies to be trolled.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.