Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Again I said it depends upon a variety of factors unknown to me and evidently to you as well. Don't make a claim unless you have information backing it up, or plausible circumstantial/character evidence.

2. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    @noodletowntranslated oh wow your back , so you really wanna start this again? Seems like being beaten black and blue isnt enough for you stop spreading your bullsh#t

Hahhaa, tskalabri and Its Michael like this.
  3. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if just friendly reminder is personall attack - so be it.

False claims/actions to monopolize market - telling how WW poach translators, proven false by those translators in question - then poaching translators themselves. Trying to take away from WW 20 novels they already paid for and steal already translated chapters. List goes on.

If you want me to point out :

Your post clearly stating you got QI permission to write regarding some matters. As law stating in such moment you become person with QI permission to write about certain matters = representative. Correct? http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...h-qidian-noodletown.37863/page-4#post-1926401

You apologizing for shit you started - well you are trying to start the same speculations again. http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/noodletowns-reply.37876/page-13#post-1929479

NDA infringement: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/noodletowns-reply.37876/#post-1927143

Tell me what Amazon being partner of Tencent have anything to do with it? Damn - do Google lost court case and need to paid hefty fine? No any company can run away from law and if you think Amazon or Tencent will take on yourself any backslash for company being branch company of company under Tencent - well it's pure funny.

On top of that now you start to sounds like any 50 cent army guy - "QI is Holy Grail and I will mention anything I can just to boost their image".

You really want to keep going with it?

@rwxwuxiaworld - can you read noodletown claims and tell us your version of events please?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Hahhaa and TheOnlyRavenbrand like this.
  4. Gellus

Gellus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the part that makes me the maddest is when I donate real cash, then the translators take those fan-funded chapters to a site that is clearly going paywall when it has enough readers. Especially on patreon and stuff. :p I've donated hundreds of my dollars to IRAS, TMW, and a few others. Just makes me sad. I'm just going to go back to U.S. novels. For the price of sponsoring a chapter, I can buy like 7 full-length novels.

Noods, you already went for the money man. No need to keep poster-boying for QI. We get it, you love them. Great stuff. Also noods, how many fan sponsored chapters did you do for donations... and then turn around and sold it to QI? Double dipping sum' gun.

Pandamonic, saekicchi, Hahhaa and 4 others like this.
  5. Its Michael

Reading List:
    Link
    @noodletowntranslated

I won't argue with you. I pointed out what you asked for - you have been beaten black and blue previously. On top of that you are asking us to voice our opinion about your speculations - apparently you are making it clear in your posts those are pure speculations - "IF" etc.

"Representative is a term subject to different meanings ..... it refers to an agent who is authorized to act on behalf of another." - you have been writing about QI contract/salary etc on behalf of QI having their authorization (permission) - correct? So you want to argue with law now?

It's pointless to even reply to you. - you are clearly hostile and want to start some kind of battle.

Until Ren will write reply to your claims I wouldn't comment again. If it happens to be lies/twisting the truth again I hope Ren would pursue this matter in court.

Hahhaa likes this.
  6. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love to, but he seems to have deleted everything? Reading from your screenshots, here's a few brief replies -

1) I've never called those contracts 'slaves contracts' (check my post history, I don't delete anything); what other people want to call them is their business. All I have said will say is that I believe the Wuxiaworld model is better, and that disagreements with them about contracts with translators was one of the reasons why we opted not to accept their investment. To put it another way - they offered to put lots of money into Wuxiaworld, but I declined because of this issue.

2) Wuxiaworld is the publisher. As I've noted repeatedly in the past, translating is NEVER an infringing act; publishing is. In other words, by definition as the publisher Wuxiaworld assumes full responsibility for any legal issues that arise due to publishing on Wuxiaworld, and translators assume zero responsibility. This is always the case, regardless of exclusivity issues. So with regards to that claim, that dog don't hunt; it sounds like something QI is saying that 'sounds' right but makes no sense at all when you think about it.

3) Wuxiaworld asserts no claims to ownership over almost any of the translations (a few exceptions, but none of the novels that moved). That being said, we DO have two or three site-wide editors that help us work on almost all of the novels, which gives us at least a partial say in their usage. All we want is for Qidian to talk to us. Unfortunately, we've gotten complete radio silence.

4) With regards to us being 'ok' about the move, we're certainly fine with translators choosing to go elsewhere. However, we have reached out numerous times through numerous emails (and also through the translators) asking Qidian to discuss the issue with us. Complete radio silence. As a result, we're going to exert the full force of the law against Qidian and whatever illegal, infringing actions Qidian has taken :)

7. thelurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This why you cant trust @noodletowntranslated when hes at disadvantage he deletes his comments to make a clean get away( afraid that his own comment will be used against him in future debate) then after sometime comes back like a youngmaster to be beaten black and blue again

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  8. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to start a new thread just for this.

But can we seriously put up a notice / bill up @Qidian 's arse; and it writes:

"I'm not going to QI until they remove themselves from a group of translators that have no ethics, no respect for the rule of law, and no honor (Wuxiadream)".

Or goes something like
    "I refuse to support Qi if they continue to hire scoundrel groups for translators" (due to wuxiadream's antics).

This is Qi's stance, apparently:
    quote taken from http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/god-of-slaughter-qi.40939/page-2#post-2384281 (inb4 it gets removed / deleted)

We all know what kind of scumbag shit wuxiadream are.
    Now they're officially employed.
    Will YOU stand up for this tyranny? Or will you sit back and be a hypocrite, people?
    Do the right thing. Speak up. Remove the bad ones. We don't need scumbags who hackle, threaten others with death.

Because I'm boycotting QI until they actually remove wuxiadream and its entirety from their employment.

add on:
    Its a LEGIT reason to really boycott Qi.

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  9. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    W-what? What did they do? I just assumed people didn't like them because they weren't good at translating...

fanobody likes this.
  10. Daoist Deux

Daoist Deux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since this is still on going.
    @thelurker where I can get the 2 banners in your signatures. I wanna use them too.

11. Daoist Deux

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

12. thelurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not even sure if that works

tskalabri and Daoist Deux like this.
  13. Daoist Deux

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it does, just copied the links for the images.

14. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - giving death threats to other translators (major offense)
    - stealing translations (depends on how you see it)
    - bombarding other sites for self-promotion (can be considered as minor in most countries)

If i'm a mega corp, I won't hire these scums.
    Now if you're a reader, would you have conscience to continue supporting this group?
    Furthermore, now they're employed by this mega-corp.

So vote with your money. Say no to scums.

15. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, team Rocket deleted the comments and ran away:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:.
    Noodles always does good publicity for Qidian, best PR:ROFLMAO:

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    what PR~ you mean da PR who kicked to point only star remain?
    seriously I really want to know who in da charge to choice noodle and multiple dubious account?

17. Its Michael

Reading List:
    Link
    Well him deleting everything isn't surprising for me because what he said is rather strange and all of this if proven to be slander it will land him 6 feet under. Sadly there isn't an evidence what he said afterwards but whole essence of my conversation with him you can find in this post http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...reads-will-go-here.40684/page-12#post-2395915 just expand his quoted post. Good someone quoted this.

Hahhaa likes this.
  18. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't really matter, I've said everything that needs to be said on my part, I think. I welcome Qidian to talk to me directly so we can address these issues. Unfortunately, they've declined to do so since their initial lawyer's letters. A pity.

tldr - If QI wants to play hardball, then we can all play hardball.

19. thelurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Next time you see noodletowntranslated comments take a pic so we will have evidence

20. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    Or at least quote his post even for immediate reply.
    Now my previous post look really weird with so many if. To be clear, Noodle made multiple posts with quote/reply from different person and topic including writing fiction contest. Mod merge all his post into single post. And thanks @Arcturus for quoting his post. It make mine less awkward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.