LCD Stellar War Storm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 15, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't understand why she didn't offer him a job. He's a rare talent, no one is paying attention to him and he'd be over the moon if she did. Assuming that his pride didn't get in the way of course.

2. SilverxCalibur

SilverxCalibur ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I very much doubt that the Emperor would approve of hiring an Idiot just to amuse his daughter. WZ is a genius but no one aside from his 2 friends know that.

3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its a good novel and i dont like to question the author...so lets just wait for the next chapter which will hopefully come out soon :)

4. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about Princess Aslan? She's going back to her planet, and her going out of her way to talk after her people found her would definitely draw attention to him. Unless he accepted it, he'd be targeted for assassination. Better to let the future take care of itself in this case.

---

On another note, did Radiant Translations give a date of when they're going to pick it up? It seems odd that they'd be bringing another Series to their website when their main translators were going to be potentially going on break and they're already recruiting others to cover their current stories.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No but i hope theyll pick it up really fast

Alvastar likes this.
  6. LNFanatic

LNFanatic Programmer, Meme Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he's a genius in a way that no one can tell. I mea the standards for the gene score or whatever are set in stone. I assume that the entire planet/galaxy has standardized these scores and what they indicate. While the MC's gene score isn't high, the old man from the bookshop gave us a very big hint when he mentioned "how would these people know anything about talent", which tells us that the gene score is naive/pointless when it comes to measuring the MC's talent. This could also mean that he's not from Earth, he could be from that parallel universe that was mentioned in the prologue. I have never heard mention of "Ranbadia Kingdom" anywhere in the MC's galaxy.

7. koijido

koijido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't offer big brother jobs he does shit for free.

juniorjawz and Kiyara like this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She knows. She's talked to him enough and seen him in action enough times to know that hiring him would definitely benefit her. Even if she didn't know though, its the least she could do after he saved her life.

The emperor is also unlikely to be that ungrateful, especially if that fight where he saved the princess was recorded, which it almost certainly was. Besides, offering him the chance to prove himself costs the emperor nothing, would make his daughter happy and might gain him a truly elite fighter and/or physicist/mathematician.

She doesn't have to make the offer personally, though she definitely could if she put a bit of effort in and got her guards to help. Also, there's no reason to think that he'd refuse. He's extremely poor, he has a shit job, he doesn't have any family he cares about, his friends are both on paths that will let them travel the galaxy if they feel like it and wouldn't want him to stay for their sakes anyway, his dream job is pretty much unattainable (as far as either of them knew before she left), and she's totally capable of streamlining his path into her empire's mech combat school, which is definitely 1000x better than any college on a backwater like Earth.

9. load741

load741 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is the MC is from a parallel universe since the old man hint that he better be careful of being captured, as for the gene score is how two different dimension develop in different directions.

10. itdontevenmatteruknow

itdontevenmatteruknow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would rather have someone else pick up this novel than radiant translation. Radiant translation is extremely slow and they don't have enough translators for their current series which they have picked up. And they are going on a break cuz of studies.

Kadark likes this.
  11. Ruubix

Ruubix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well in these types of novel men tend to not want to rely on women anyway unless utterly forced to. although there are always exceptions gratefully.

Not to mention that being a professional gamer looks like it might pay very well for our hero. He can gain battle exp and he can earn his own money without favours. It's Win-win for his manly pride~

12. littlerat

littlerat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like everyone forgot he just finished what id equate to a high school diploma. I think the emperor will let him go through battleschool or whatever the main character decides to do. No emperor can hire someone without some commendations after his name. besides keeping princess with score over 90 away from lucky commoner. But i don't know enough to know

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to think that he's more practical than that and ultimately, pro gaming is more of a consolation prize than anything for him. He'd definitely trade it away in a heartbeat for a chance to pilot mechs in real battles, regardless of the pay differential.

Though you're probably right. The author probably doesn't want him to owe any women any favors. I just hope that this, plus the complete absence of any non-beautiful women isn't an indication that he's not capable of thinking of women as anything other than objects. Its an unfortunately common problem in these stories.

So she gives him a recommendation to, and a scholarship for the best battle school in her empire. When he graduates, he'll join her army and quickly be recognized as an elite. This will still accomplish the goal of keeping her way from the commoner while also showing the imperial family's gratitude for services rendered and helping him to achieve his dreams. Everybody wins.

Arkeus likes this.
  14. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh...you guys need to check Radiant Translations main page more carefully. The translator who's picking up this project is a new translator. That means that the fact that the other translators going on break has no effect. Also, the the other translations won't be affected either.

Don't think there's any rule that a new translator has to help out an existing project just because the site where he plans on posting his project on a site where the updates of the current projects are slow.....

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I guess we should all just pray that s/he is a high quality, fast translator. Though I'd settle for high quality at a reasonable speed. I get the feeling that this isn't the easiest series to translate based on what's been translated so far.

16. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    He hasn't actually shown his mecha talent though right? All he's shown is his gaming talent, and seeing that mechas has something to do with genetic talent, I doubt good at games is equal to good at mechas. Uptil now, she knows that he's good at games, and has plenty of courage.

I thought the reason she said that he'll be the hope and pride of the galaxy had less to do with his talent, and more because she was happy that he saved her, and because she likes him.

If his talent ends up being subpar and he gets taken best combat mecha school due to her recommendation, he'll probably get trampled by the people who are more talented, and despised for being a backdoor student. And then he'll end up returning as a broken guy.

Ofc, we know that he'll be abnormally talented(cos he's the MC), but they wouldn't know that right?

I'll be praying as well.... and hoping that the series won't get have a quick start and then get dropped cos the TL loses interest. So many interesting novels end up that way.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd gotten the impression that the game was a fairly realistic representation of combat though? Something like a training simulator for the real thing, only more fun? But even if that's not the case, he has shown that he has extremely good reflexes and situational awareness as well as a true passion for the job. It would be difficult for him to be useless with qualifications like that.

The gene thing is kinda like the one in Gattica, it gives you an idea of what people might be capable of, not a guarantee. Which was stated in the later chapters.

That probably played a role, but he also genuinely impressed her with his intellect, mech combat abilities (even if only in game) and combat prowess when saving her life.

Then that's all he was worth and its not her fault. She gave him the chance when no one else would, squandering it has nothing to do with her. As for others disliking him for getting in via the backdoor, he's doing that on Earth, so clearly he's willing to deal with the consequences. Though even without that, people will shut up and respect him as long as he shows them why she gave that recommendation. I believe that he's the sort that realizes that, and has the confidence in himself to convince anyone worth convincing using his results.

She should after all the things he showed her, though if she's still on the fence she could always have him investigated. She had the time for it while she was touring the planet.

Assuming that her intelligence people are competent and honest, it shouldn't be too hard to find out just how high his grades should be based on his homework, projects and papers. The exams would stand out as aberrations that would normally indicate that he wasn't good under pressure, but considering how he handled an attempted assassination, I'm sure she'd dismiss that conclusion.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest this series remind me with Super Robot War Original Generation, so I thought may be MC come from there or somehow inspired from the game:coffee:

19. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    The grades part first. Quoting from the latest chapter,

His learning basically wasn’t something he could compare to, just that he didn’t score so well on exams.
    This would mean that....if she did investigate, his grades wouldn't be so great. So if she did investigate, the reports would be more of a disappointment, cos his exam results aren't amazing. Right?

Regarding earth, he's not getting a scholarship. Just being allowed to take the exam. Compared to your suggestion of being directly admitted into the academy, this one is more mild. If he gets good results in the exam, he won't really be despised as a backdoor student.

The gaming part, all I can say is I don't know. They haven't said how exactly does that gene influence the mechs. If they checked stuff like reflexes and eyesight, I'd understand, but what exactly does genes affect the mechs? Is it like something like compatibility with advanced machines? If thats the case, ID understand why there are people who think he can't become a pilot.

If it really is a simulator, then the experts would all be the famous mecha users. They mentioned names of the top gamers, but not mech users, so can't say whether being good at the game=being good at mechs.

His combat prowess that he showed was actually just one move, where he grabbed a knife and blew the assassin with a...Sweeping Landslide? Which is a cooler name body slam attack. Sure, the assassins were most likely well trained, but pulling of a single successful attack can't really be called combat talent. Could be written of as a fluke. It takes guts to grab a knife though, which is why I said he has courage. He did manage to save her from a couple of bullets, but that was by ducking, which honestly isn't something that can show off someone's martial arts ability. Easier to write it off as luck, seeing that people aren't taught in combat how to dodge bullets. And if she investigates and he has no martial arts background(cos the Rubik cube thing won't be learnt about by the investigators, no matter how talented), it will become even easier to say that he was lucky.

20. itdontevenmatteruknow

itdontevenmatteruknow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmn at the time of my post, there was no post regarding the new translator on radiant translation page, so i hoped it wasn't ruze and team doing it. But new translator sounds good. 1-2 chapters a week is fine atm and then donations will cover the rest.