Novel [+18][Graphic content]Beyond Mortality 1-16

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by jakejasminjk, Jul 5, 2017.

1. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The World is two sided. On one side we see fairness, truth, goodness and the compassion of the Gods. On the other side, we see deceit, corruption, and the uncaring nature of the powerful. Our Main character seeks truth and in that journey, for truth, he sees the world for what it truly is and rebels against it. join him on a journey of truth, revenge, and immortality!

I'll be releasing 2 chapters a week to start and if it's well received I'll increase the number.

Please send me any suggestions or concerns you have. Thanks, guys for the support

Main Site:
    https://jakejasblog.wordpress.com/
    Support me on royal road
    https://royalroadl.com/fiction/12818/beyond-mortality

Chapter 1-Locux Seeker

Night, the jungle was serene with the occasional roar or deathly howl.Darkness encompassed the jungle and formed a scene of the most desolate and mysterious place. The Jungle did not seem like a part of this world and seemed to merely be a world of its own.Within the jungle, a boy could be seen in a deep slumber.

Suddenly, he awoke with a shock.

“Where am…I .” The boy inspected his surroundings with an intelligent glint in his eyes. “This seems to be some kind of jungle. How did I even get here?” He said with confusion.

The boy sat down while trying to make sense of his situation.

“I remember something,” he said excitedly. “My name is…” he thought long and hard before he slowly saying “Locux Seeker”.

“That doesn’t do me much good though. I need to figure out where exactly I am and find a safe spot”

Locux after contemplating decided to stand up and walk around. He decided to build a makeshift tent as shelter.

‘What...What happened why am I here?” He said in an exhausted manner. Locux after trying to figure out the reason for him being in the jungle, chose to examine himself.”

Locux while inspecting himself discovers injuries that resulted from battle

“Haha, seems like I got in some real trouble. These wounds aren’t superficial by any means”

After inspecting his body he discoverers a letter that says

“Brother, you are the best” it was signed by two people named Lisa and Logan

“Hmm it seems like I have siblings,” Locux said with astonishment

Locux proceeded to look at the tent.

“I think a mere tent is a bit superficial to be of any use. I should probably have some safety measures established”

He thought the matter over for a considerable amount of time and then formulated a plan

“I think I'll setup pits and other traps”

Locux chose to use makeshift tools in order to build a sizeable moat that completely encircled the tent. He placed extremely sharp sticks on the bottom of the moat and covered the tent and himself with dirt in order to elude the senses of any creatures that may approach.

Locux while working saw a huge sharp branch that was on the verge of collapsing and thought.

“In case unexpected variables arise I should have the ability to protect myself.HeHe, Although it seems a bit primitive a branch should be able to assume the role of a weapon

After deciding on his weapon, he attempted to tear down the branch. The branch even though it was barely hanging on was incredibly tough. After 10 breaths of time, he barely managed to tear it down. After tearing it down he observed it and then continued to fortify his position.

“Hmm....This should be enough.I hope nothing crazy occurs. Now I can see how deadly I can make a piece of wood” Locux said while looking at the branch and smiling

Locux thought of how he could forge a weapon from his lacking materials. He looked around for anything that could be used to sharpen the tip of the branch. After looking for a while he found a huge rock next to an eerie cave. Locux initially wanted to go in the tunnel but he could not shake the repulsing and evil aura that the cave gave out.

Locux decided to simply carve the tip of the branch. He desired an efficient puncturing tool. He also intended to use the rest of the branch as a bludgeon.

“It’s not the best weapon but it can work nicely as a bludgeon and puncture weapon depending on how I use it. It will serve it’s purpose until I get something better.”

Locux was aware that it may take a long time to figure out where to go, so he planned for a long term stay.

Locux then stares at the weapon deeply and executes a series of cleaving and stabbing movements.

“I may have created a weapon but a weapon in the hands of a novice and one in the hands of an expert produce vastly different results.”

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. Evil Sloth

Evil Sloth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg so long

jakejasminjk likes this.
  3. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - Forces of the World

Locux was in deep thought as he looked at the weapon. He had no idea how to bring out the maximum potential of the weapon. It must be understood that any weapon regardless of how primal it may seem in design requires skill and a certain degree of expertise in order to conquer their foes.The Weapon was Locux crafted seemed to resemble a spear of some kind.

“This just requires some practice,” Locux said.

He proceeded to execute series of basic actions such as slashing and stabbing.Locux, in the beginning, was slow and the attacks held no intent or force. The attacks were shallow and resembled that of a toddler attempting to walk. The slashes held lackluster momentum. The stabbing attacks were not stable and his body wasn’t able to control the force in order to maintain balance.

He repeated these two actions for what seems like 2 days before a strange occurrence! He was slashing again but this time the slashes were followed by a tyrannical and overbearing force! The stabs and thrust were like dragons raging in the heavens and earth, completely shrouded with the charm and bearing of a sovereign.

“HA” Locux yelled as he performed a series of moves

ThwacK!

Locux saw deep scars on the small tree he was hitting

“I’m barely passable. The creatures that live here aren’t trees unfortunately and they will devour me if I don’t kill them with overwhelming strength”

At that moment realized that he had a strong sense of hunger and went looking at the small moat that surrounded his makeshift tent.

While Looking he discovered 3 small creatures that resembled rats with horns impaled by his traps. Locux after looking at them with disgust for a second decides to collect their dead bodies. He takes them near his tent and proceeds to dashed them with his makeshift weapon before setting up a small fire. He cuts up the creatures and stores a fee pieces of meat away in the tent while cooking the rest.

“Hmm, that was surprisingly tasty! I guess I shouldn’t judge by looks haha”

The next few days went quietly. The most dangerous occurrence happened when Locux saw a tiger the size of a small tree. This tiger was almost completely muscled just based on appearance and it had the smell of blood lingering on it.

When Locux saw this Tiger his first instinct was to run! This didn’t work out too well. Despite being massive the tiger was a nimble and fast as a rodent. Locux could only extend the chase by making a series of complicated turns that slowed the Tiger because of its lack of flexibility.

Locux while running saw a path between two trees that could get him but not the two tigers. He decided to slow down when he reached path and when the tiger was about to pounce he navigated between these two trees which resulted in a comical scene of a huge tiger stuck between two trees.

Locux turned back and saw the tiger was slowly releasing itself and it also had a fire burning in its eyes while it looked Locux down.

When had it ever been so humiliated before? It had to wash the shame away with the blood of the human that disgraced it.

Locux knew he was not going to live because even if he escaped the tiger could potentially track him down.

Knowing this Locux created distance between him and the creature and then proceeded to roll around in the dirt in order to mask his scent from the beast.

Locux thanks to his quick wit and sharp instincts survived but he had to stay away from his original location because the items within the camp carried his scent.

Locux had to set up camp once again.

While setting up camp a voice was heard

“I've found you! You slippery little bastard”

Author's Notes

This is the second chapter of the week and that means all promised chapters have been delivered
    If you want to read more than two chapters a week leave a comment and depending on the demand I might make a donation system for extra chapters similar to the one that Wuxia world and other novel websites have.

The Novel Boundless will begin in two weeks top. I guarantee the novel will blow your mind!

The Novel Ghost is also a side project that is being explored and may come at any time!

Main Site
    https://jakejasblog.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. Evil Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry didn't knew this was a novel thought it was a comment or question

jakejasminjk likes this.
  5. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    np

6. Evil Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    However the novel is starting out pretty well!
    Keep up the good work

jakejasminjk likes this.
  7. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it strange that the first thing he did was create a tent and a weapon. . . Typically finding yourself in a strange place the first thing you do is search the place and explore before deciding to do anything especially you just woke up and does not now what happened but just remembered your name. . . I don't know if it's his instinct to do that creating tent and weapon right after waking up. . . I just find it strange he should be a little muddle headed no? The pace is fast. He walked around but the place he saw was not described.

udonsage and jakejasminjk like this.
  8. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks maybe it is a bit too fast. I have the plot for 100 chapters planned already maybe I'll change some stuff up. Thanks for the constructive criticism

9. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good though it just lack of some things.

jakejasminjk likes this.
  10. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3- Kill with a borrowed sword

Locux looks at the man with apprehension. The man has a mask on with strange symbols and ruins. He is wielding a spear that seems to emit a faint divine radiance.

“Who..who are you?” Locux ask

Locux is looking at the man confused. He has no idea what this man is talking about and doesn’t even remember what he did to offend him

“I’m the one who will be ending your life you damn insect. You made me chase you for so long. Not killing a bug like you easily is a stain on my record and the Deity is not pleased with my actions”

. Locux is now suspecting that this man is one of the reasons he was injured and bruised when he woke up in this forest.

“I don’t know who you are. Why do you want to kill me?”

The man laughs. “ It seems you have forgotten everything...this only makes my job easier. Come over here and I can grant you a swift but if you refuse to listen I will keep you alive while I torture for days you little bastard”

Locux feels an overwhelming amount of killing intent coming from the man. The mere pressure of it makes Locux weak. It was like a beast looking at its helpless prey.

At this moment Locux mummers “ A...beast..beast...beast”

He thinks back to the tiger and at this moment a rush of adrenaline appears to overtake him. He takes off at top speed. The man is startled. He didn’t expect Locux to run at that moment of hopelessness.

“Where is this little bastard off too. He is like a cornered animal”The man laughs “Running at this point is just a helpless attempt now” The man follows behind Locux maniacally laughing like a wretched specter.

Locux is running at a top speed not away from the forest in a random direction rather he is running back the place he encountered the massive tiger. While running he is screaming. The man develops a hideous smile on his face as he hears the screams of Locux.

While Locux is running he hears the sound of heavy footsteps coming his way. He flashes a sinister smile at the masked man pursuing him. As he whispers to himself.

“Enjoy this while you can but for everything in this world, there is a price to pay. This tiger will be the price you pay for trying to kill me”

A minute later the man is thinking of ending this pointless chase and capturing the kid when he hears an earth-shaking roar. He looks off to the side only to see the outline of a beast approaching him. The beast seems to be getting bigger and bigger is it approaches.

“A rank 2 beast!” The man says in wonder and fear

“It might take a bit of strength to fight but this kid is in my grasp already”

Locux sees the beast and instantly runs straight for it

“What are you doing you little bastard? This beast will kill you. If you want to die so much come back to me!”

Locux runs towards the beast and at the last moment before making contact runs towards the masked man

“FUCK” The masked man fends the beast attack away as he is also pushed back. The beast continues to attack the man at an astonishing speed.

Locux sees the man is tied down and no longer paying attention to him so he quickly hides in the surrounding area in order to watch the fight

Both man and beast are unrelenting in their attacks. A single mistake by any side will most likely result in heavy injury if not death

Author's Notes

Due to some concerns by readers, I will try to get 5-6 chapters out this week and then return to the normal 2 chapters a week following that

Check out my main site and leave some comments there- https://jakejasblog.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  11. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4- Watch the fires burning across the river

The tiger produced an earth-shaking roar capable of destroying the heavens and earth while the masked man erupts with the killing intent of an Asura. Both forces were unrelenting in their attacks. The man stabbed and slashed with great majesty while the Tiger navigated and attacked with the aura of a noble sovereign

Locux was in awe while witnessing this battle. He felt lucky that he didn’t attack the man directly.

The man was in a disadvantageous position because of the tiger's tyrannical strength. Locux thought that this masked man might lose until.

“Bang”

The spear that man was holding suddenly erupted with a blinding radiant light that resembled a star in its brightest moment. The sudden radiance was accompanied by an otherworldly and indescribable feeling. Locux was shocked!

“I ...I...I feel like an ant” Locux said while trembling from fear

“How can such a thing exist in this world? Who...who can resist in the face of this power”

The masked man while holding the weapon coughed up a mouthful blood that became black when it made contact with the ground

“Let's end this you beast! I can’t maintain this state any longer” The masked man said while pointing his spear at the Tiger

The tiger seemed to have vaguely understood it as a solemn aura appeared around it and it roared in unrestrained provocation

While all these scenes were occurring, Locux was drawing closer to the two combatants. He sneaked in between the trees like a shadow. If one looked away for a second they may not be able to track him

The two combatants at this point in time charged at each other with what appeared to be their strongest attack. As they made contact a shocking scene appeared.

On the ground appeared slight cracks. The small trees were blown away by the shockwaves while noticeable scars appeared on the bigger trees. It was as if the world was coming to an end and would forever cease to exist following the battle between these two tyrants. Locux was akin to an ant or feather in this fierce storm that was the result of the collision between two forces. He was forcefully carried by the wind as he hit violently against a tree.

“Ahh”

This scene only lasted for half a breath of time before the scene returned to normal. As the dust settled Locux saw an amazing scene. The huge tiger was on the verge of death with its last breath While the masked man sat down panting with a lost arm.

The arm that held the spear!

At this moment Locux saw his chance for survival!

12. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5- Make a sound in the East, then strike West
    Locux proceeds to walk towards the masked man.

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here.” Locux says as the man finally notices him.

“Kid, was this your plan all along? Did you lure me into a trap you milk sucking bastard” the masked man said while occasionally coughing up blood.

Locux laughs “Someone isn’t completely foolish.”

He slowly approaches the masked man one step at a time. At this time Locux resembled a Death God coming to reap lives and send the masked man to the underworld. Locux was unhurried and continued to smile while approaching the masked man.

“Why did you want to kill me? Who sent you here?” Locux asked

“Don’t you dare think of killing me. I am a follower of Young Deity Luke. You can only blame yourself for offending the Young Deity and incurring his wrath” said the Masked man hurriedly while backing away

"Young Deity Luke, I will remember this name."

It was at this moment that Locux took his makeshift spear and threw it!

The spear impaled the masked man’s leg.

“AHHHH” The man was caught by surprise as he yelled in agony. He prepared to defend himself and deliver a killing blow to Locux but at this moment another surprising thing happened!

Locux took off running in another direction. The man was confused but when he saw what Locux was running towards. Locux was running towards the severed hand that held the spear!

“What are you doing? STOP!” Yelled the masked man as he hurriedly tried to take out the spear embedded into his leg.

This was Locux’ s plan all along! Make a sound in East, the strike in the West. Locux had no idea if the masked man would see him going towards the spear and try to kill him in a fit of adrenaline filled rage so he needed to distract him. Locux relied on the fact that the man would allow him to come up close before releasing a hidden attack. With this taken into account, he planned to rely on the arrogance of the masked man in order to entrap him.

Locux went towards the spear at top speed and leaped to grab it out of the severed arm.

Following that Locux inspects the spear and looks towards the feeble struggling masked man.

He runs at full speed towards the man and delivers a fatal stab towards the head. The masked man tries to dodge but it is for naught as his head is punctured and his brain matter litters the ground.

Locux looks at this scene. He has only awakened in this jungle a few days ago without most of his memories and has already taken a life. He thinks about this deeply and realizes that showing mercy to the masked man would have been a foolish decision that would have brought about only death and suffering for him.

This is the jungle. A primal and lawless place where the only law is survival of the fittest. Those who disobey this law will only be met with a tragic ending!

13. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you start reading, I would like to thank everyone for taking any time to read this little work of mine. I'd only ask for you guys to go to my main website and leave your thoughts on the chapters or story as a whole so I could make it better. Thank you again!

Chapter 6 - Spoils of victory

Locux after killing the masked man is still relatively shaken but he overcomes it with logical thought. If he let the man continue to live he would have only invited death. One must not allow the tiger to run back into the mountains or he will be back to haunt the person who shamed him.

“I...killed someone. I killed another human” Locux says in a trembling voice.It was at that moment that he truly felt overwhelmed by emotions.

After thinking about the past events, Locux looks around and observes the aftermath of the great battle.He sees the tiger and still alive. The tiger has no ability to move at this point in time. Its body looks broken beyond repair and some parts of him are missing. Locux gazes at the tiger and then decides to search the man.

He takes off the mask which is somewhat chipped. It is remarkable considering the scope of the battle that took place. As Locux takes off the mask he is surprised.

“What’s this”

Strange markings are sprawled on the man’s face. Other than that his face can only be considered ordinary. An oval face, rough features, and slanted eyebrows. This man wouldn’t stand out in a crowd if not for the strange markings riddled across his face. Locux feels a strange aura being emitted from these markings. He reaches out to touch them.

“Ahh” Locux quickly retracts his hand as burning sensation travels through his body

“What the hell was that?” Locux looks more closely at these markings before moving on and searching the rest of the man's body. He finds a small pouch.As he looks through the pouch he finds some strange things. He sees the man is carrying around small semi-translucent crystals along with a small seal that reads Lyset Family. The seal is in the shape of a heavenly winged snake. The Snake is seemingly alive on this seal. It's solemn and sovereign like gaze is able to render one powerless.

Locux takes the seal and stores it on him. “This masked man and the Let Family seem to have a connection. Maybe this seal will be of use to me.” He takes the seal and then takes the mask to in order to conceal himself. Locux is afraid of this Lyset family considering the man that was chasing him was only a lackey at the most. The family could have hundreds of other cards they could throw at him. This made Locux sigh and somewhat pity his situation.

“What are these crystals? It seems valuable. If it wasn’t he wouldn’t care so many, would he?” Locux seizes all remotely valuable items the man had. Prior to looting the man, Locux sets his sight on the tiger. The tiger at this point has died and only a corpse remains. Locux sizes up the beast and then grasp the spear firmly in his hand.

“It would be a shame if I didn’t enjoy the feast graciously gifted to me.” Locux begins to skin and cut the beast into rations. The skin is extremely hard to penetrate. It was as if the beast was made of stone. Locux worked on skinning and cutting the beast up for hours.

“Done!” Locux said as sweat rained down from his body and a musky scent started to linger around him.

The beast was huge but a lot of its body consisted of muscle so Locux didn’t gather an excessive amount of meat. Although there wasn’t a great quantity the quality was unquestionable. The meat that could be eaten seemed to radiate sparse amounts of light while releasing an irresistible smell. As Locux smelled this meat he thought about how impossible it would have been for him to kill it.

“I just don’t have enough power. It was only with luck I escaped the first time and it was only with luck I became the fisherman the second time.” Locux laminated. He a weakling who had to run constantly should not have had the pleasure to enjoy this food but thanks to the combination of luck and intelligence he feasted like a victor.

Locux quickly packed the meet and stored his spoils before he set out back to his original camp. On his way back he had a feeling that he was being followed. He looked around but couldn’t see a thing. He started running and he felt as though the presence he felt just disappeared. This scared him immensely. When close to camp again he felt that this presence once again appeared for a split second.

“I must be out of my mind or something is tracking me,” He thought

Locux made a few circles and detours before he went back to camp.

Locux was extremely scared while at camp because he felt the presence more clearly and heard the occasional sounds of movement outside the camp. Locux was scared but not in the conventional sense, he seemed to become calmer the more stressful the situation got. If at this moment the creature revealed itself Locux would be even calmer. The most fearful part about this creature was it’s wicked mind. It seemed to be purposefully making noises in order to scare locux. This creature was simply playing with its food at this moment but it wasn’t aware that its food was taking precautions and planning a counterattack.

Inside the tent, Locux was sitting down in meditation before his eyes abruptly opened

“I’ve got it!” He said while looking at his rations from the tiger beast

At this moment Locux was waiting for the creature to make another noise.

“Clink” The sound of claws hitting a tree alerted Locux. As soon as he heard the sound Locux decisively opened his bag of rations and took out a piece of meat. He threw the piece of meat out in one direction and took off running in another direction. The beast lurking in the shadow paused to consider the two options at hand but alas it couldn’t resist the allure of the meat thrown out. The beast devoured it in an instant and then went on a search for the human it was tracking. The beast considered Locux as helpless prey the moment it laid eyes on him but it simply wanted to toy around with Locux before it ate him.

Locux took off at his fastest speed he made a number of twists and turns in order to shake the beast of his tail. After running for what seemed to be at least an hour, he finally stopped to catch his breath. It was only one breath but as Locux savored this breath he felt a chilling wind coming in his direction. A silhouette a massive lizard like creature accompanied this chilling wind. At that moment Locux thought of nothing else but running he ran as fast as he could be the beast was quickly catching up. In the last few moments before he was caught he spotted a cave with an entrance that would make it difficult for the lizard beast to fit through. Locux ran for that caved and dived into nearly escape the claws of that vicious beast.

The vicious beast tried to force its way in but all of sudden a faint sound was emitted from deep within the cave. This sound seemed like the mournful cries of ghost and demons as they were being carried into the yellow river. The Lizard seemed to be quite frightful of the noise and instantly retreated but it stayed within the approximate zone of the cave while staring at Locux as if he already died.

Locux looked at the Lizard and sighed. “ I can’t go back out the way I came it seems like I can only go deeper into the cave” Locux proceeded to walk into the fighting and desolate cave which contained not a single sliver of life.

14. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - The Wonderous Cave

Locux slowly walks into the cave. Each step he takes is cautious and calculated. The cave, at first sight, might seem like any other cave but as one observes the cave closely they would feel a strange aura. The aura seemed ghastly and evil but also divine and auspicious.

As Locux was walking deeper into the cave it felt as if his injuries were healing at a faster rate. At first, Locux thought he was simply imagining things but as time went by he saw a noticeable decrease in the scars on his body and he also felt his strength coming back to him.

“This place seems special. I feel like my body is being nourished by the surroundings” Locux was completely shocked by this sight.

After the initial shock and excitement, Locux thought this through and became fearful of the cave or what the cave led too. The reasons for Locux fear could be traced back to the actions of the Lizard beast. The beast seemed to have feared entering this place. Locux thought of this was strange because the cave seemed to be a great environment. This thought led him to two conclusions. Maybe the cave was already occupied by an even more fearsome existence and the Lizard feared this existence.

This conclusion made Locux completely miserable and caused him to sigh at his misfortune.

“It’s always death and danger for me. I haven’t been comfortable and safe since the day I’ve awoken. Am I meant to die? Do the heavens hate me simply for existing? I escape a dangerous creature only to potentially fall into the jaws of another dangerous creature” Locux was utterly depressed by this first conclusion.

The second conclusion Locux made is that there must be some dangerous object in this place. This conclusion caused Locux to be even more depressed. If such an object could cause that fearsome Lizard to be hesitant then this object must be able to harm or kill him considering he is significantly weaker than the Lizard beast.

“I can only walk into the unknown and hope for the best,” Locux said calmly

Locux was only a teenager at most and yet he is able to face such a situation with a calm mind. A situation in which death seems likely regardless of which choice one makes. A situation in which choice is merely an illusion. Either one goes into the grim unknown cave or they run into the belly of the beast. How many people could keep calm in such a situation?

Locux continued to walk deeper into the cave. As he got deeper he felt his body become faster, lighter, and stronger. All of his old wounds were no longer present. Locux had an idea while walking into the cave. He stopped walking and just sat against a wall. This lasted for a period of two days.

After staying in the same spot for two days, he got up.

“I feel like I’ve taken fully taken advantage of this place,” Locux said somewhat happily

Locux after these two days could be said to have transformed. Originally he was very ordinary in both physique and appearance but after two days in the cave his body had visible signs of muscle, his brown hair and eyes became pitch black, his facial features became very fair.

After inspecting himself, Locux continues to walk into the tunnel. As he walks deeper, he starts to feel a bone-piercing chill and he starts to hear wailing sounds along with occasional screams. Locux is frightened at first but he slowly calms down as he realizes that none of these things can hurt him at the moment.

After half a day of walking Locux finally sees the end of the tunnel. He walks even slower as he approaches the end of the tunnel. His breathing starts to noticeably slow. His heart beat quickens as a cold sweat slowly trickles down his back. He is ready to turn back and run if he sees some strange creature. Each of his steps is even as he is inches from what seems to be chamber carved into the cave. The chamber seems simple and has no luxurious decoration except for the skulls and bones of several creatures. Locux spots a human skull among these various skulls. This sends a shiver down his spine. He swallows his saliva and bites his lips in an attempt to calm his nerves.

Locux is at the entrance of this strangely decorated chamber. He listens closely but he hears nothing. It sounds as if nothing living is in theirs. Not even a breath could be heard from the interior of the chamber. Locux is slightly relieved and decides to take a peek inside. He still has his spear with him and decides to use the shiny reflective surface of the spear to look inside the chamber.

He slowly slips the tip of the spear inside the chamber and looks at it. He is expecting to see a pile of corpses inside the chamber but strangely enough, the room seems desolate except for a podium. Seeing the desolate room, Locux decides to enter. He enters and is greeted by the sight of a podium as expected. On top of this podium a book. The book is fairly large and dusty.

Locux rubs off the dust from the cover of the book, The book's color is extremely strange. At first glance, one might consider the book to be just black but with a closer look, it can be seen that the book is darker than the blackest object seen by humans. Locux could even the light around the moving. It’s as if the book was devouring the light. As one got closer to the book, the divine and ghastly aura in the cave seems to heighten and it also got noticeably colder. This was an ominous scene that shocked.

Locux, with some difficulty, turned his attention away from the color of the book and looked at the title. The title of this mysterious book was Sunder The Heavens!. This title was overbearing and gave off the sense of boundless sovereignty giving an order and looking down on every existence. Locux was taken aback by this title.

“Sunder The…..Heavens?” Locux mumbled while seemingly lost in thought

Who could sunder the heavens? The heavens control everything in the universe. All existences were merely subjects of the heavens. Locux could not comprehend this title. He had trouble dealing with a mere Lizard beast. How could he have thoughts of defying the heavens with such weak strength? Locux was lost in thought with merely the title of this book. He did not know what could possibly be in a book with such an overbearing and dominating title.

He opened the first page and saw a small cluster of words.

15. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8- Sunder the Heavens!

Locux opens the book to read it.

Greetings Potential Heir

I am the creator of “Sunder the Heavens”. I have made this book after my long adventures. If you found this book that means I have most likely been killed by the Gods. Yes, the Gods! The title of this book is not deceitful. Anyone who is in possession of this book is destined to go against the Heavens. You must be wondering what it means to Sunder the Heavens. It means to cut chains that shackle you and hold you back. It means to take control of your life fully. It means to be reliant on no one but yourself. If you do not have the guts to attempt any of this you may leave the book and walk away. Without the will to walk this desolate and lonely path this book will only bring you misfortune and you may end up losing your life!

Locux was shocked when he read this short intro. Every word on the page seemed to emit a ferocious and mighty aura.

“Should I take this book? Can I Sunder the Heavens?” Locux asked himself

Locux didn't feel like he was special by any means. He was a bit crafty but he possessed no absolute might. A mere Lizard caused him to run for his life. A tiger almost had him for a snack. He was almost captured by a masked lackey. How could he possibly think of going against the unshakeable heavens? This seemed to be a mere dream. A dream that had no substance and would produce no desirable or tangible results. It was useless to pursue this with his measly strength. Locux could only sigh when he thought about this. The world was not fair and those who are strong have a chance pursuing dreams and hopes while the weak must think of survival.

“Can you take this book? Can you Sunder the Heavens?” A voice came out of nowhere and questioned Locux.

“Who is this!” Locux was on high alert he let go of the book and held his spear in both hands

He looked around but couldn’t see anything. The room is completely still. There are no perceivable signs of life. No faint breath, subtle heartbeat, or sounds of movement were present in the room. Locux tried to hear or smell out the source of the voice but he couldn’t find anything. Just as he is on full guard he hears a voice behind him.

“Little brat, you do not have the qualification to ask me questions.” The voice sounded extremely arrogant but it seemed like a natural arrogance that stemmed from one's innate and true nature.

Locux turned around and saw the book flying while a small humanoid shadow sat on top of it.

“What are you!” Locux said in complete horror. He had seen a lot of strange things since he’d awaken but this was still extremely strange. Not many people would be able to keep calm when a shadow from a book starts speaking. The shadow was very strange. It had no facial features but Locux felt that this shadow was looking down at him with disdain.

“Kid, what did I say about questioning me?” shadow seemed to be getting more annoyed.

Locux seemed to have calmed down a bit after seeing this shadow.

“Hello, senior shadow. I didn’t mean to disturb your rest but I got chased in here by a Lizard beast. Could you please escort me out?” Locux said with utmost respect. He thought he could get the shadow to assist him in some way.

“Escort You!?” The shadow started laughing with unrestrained contempt in his voice

Locux was aggravated by this. He didn’t think the shadow would outright laugh at his face in such a manner.

“What’s so funny”

The shadow looked at him for a second then stopped laughing. The room's temperature seemed to have dropped at that moment.

“Kid, If you knew who I was I don’t think you would have the courage to ask me such a question. You would be scared and very unwilling to even breath before me if you knew who I am.” The shadow said arrogantly

Locux couldn’t see anything special about this shadow or book.

“Aren't you just a shadow of a book? Why are you so arrogant?”

The shadow seemed to not mind this statement.

“Kid, I am a drifter through time.I have seen the eras past one by one. Time is no longer something that bothers me. I am separate from time.I am almighty! I have observed the birth worlds and the destruction of the same worlds. I have seen heroes create legends and fall while pursuing new heights. The river of time is nothing to me for I have seen it all. I have seen the beginning and I will see the end. Your mortal life is not a 1 percent of mine. Do not blather before me!” The shadow said all this with a noble air to him.

Locux was taken about by what the shadow said. Could it have lived for that long? If it did how did it end up in this cave? Locux had many questions appearing in his head.

“Kid, since you have discovered this book we are destined to work together. I will show you the utmost peak of this world”

Locux considered this but was hesitant.

“Isn’t going against the Gods paramount to suicide” Locux asked. He assumed that everyone else who owned this book met with tragic endings because of their opposition against the Heavens.

The shadow laughed again.

“The heavens are not invincible. It just requires will. I didn’t just choose you because you found the book. I can also sense a bit of hatred against the Heavens from you” THe shadow didn’t want any person. It needed one that wanted to go against the Heavens even without the encouragement of him or the book’s content. He sensed that in Locux.

“ I don’t know if I have anything against the Heavens. I recently woke up without a lot of my memories.” Locux truly lost most of his memories dealing with his past identity.

“Hmm...would you like me to restore your memories for you?” The shadow thought for a while before responding.

“You can do that!?” Locux asked excitedly

“Kid, you underestimate this monarch. There's nothing I cannot do. Restoring your memories will not be an issue for me.” The shadow said confidently

Locux was excited but also nervous at that moment. It must be understood that he ended up in a forest while being chased by a very powerful person. He doesn’t know why or how he got in that situation, o begin with.

“Come closer so I can get started on restoring your memories”

Locux walked closer to the shadow. He could feel a very cold aura from this shadow. He couldn’t estimate its strength at all.

“We’ll be going now.” The shadow touched Locux before everything went black for an unknown amount of time. While in the darkness Locux felt no sense of existence. It was as if he was part of the world. He was the world and the world was him. He could faintly feel everything around him. This lasted a short while before he felt intense pain in his head and completely blacked out.

“Wake up kid! We’re here!” Locux heard an angry voice calling for him to wake up.When Locux opened his eyes he saw himself in the middle of what seemed to be a village.

“We’re outside! We escaped the LIzard beast!” Locux seemed extremely happy but at that moment he felt a hard knock on his head followed by a slight echo.

“AHH” The shadow had hit him in his moment of joy.

“We’re not out of the cave you moron!” The shadow seemed amused by Locux.

“If we’re not out of the cave then where are we?” Locux seemed confused about all this.

The Shadow laughed for awhile before calming down.

“We’re somewhere much more interesting. Trust me!” He resumed his laughter after saying this.

16. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9- Once again
    Locux looked at the shadow suspiciously

“Has been in that book for so long driven you mad?” Locux thought the shadow was a bit off.

It was never direct and always arrogant but at that moment he saw something that truly shocked him to his core.

Locux was frightened and amazed at the same time because he saw something he shouldn’t be able to see if the world was dictated by common sense. He saw someone who looked just like him! His mirror image before his transformation in the cave!

At first, he tried to rationalize it. He thought that it could just be someone who looks like him by chance. In a world full of people there are bound to be doppelgangers of some kind existing. Maybe he saw a doppelganger.This would be the natural line of thinking for most people.

“That is not a doppelganger” The shadow seemed to take pleasure in messing with Locux.

“You can’t be serious. If that's not a doppelganger then what is it?” Locux thought the shadow was being mysterious for the sake of being mysterious.

“You take a guess at what it is” The shadow obviously didn’t want to ruin this enjoyable moment. He liked seeing Locux look stupid.

“If it’s not a doppelganger could it be…” Locux could only think of one possibility but this possibility seemed extremely unlikely.

“Could be me.” Locux just threw this theory out. It couldn’t possibly be true in his mind.

“Correct,” The shadow said while laughing

“Since you know this can you guess where we are?” The shadow asked

“The past!” Locux was excited. Time travel was something unheard of but he was now experiencing it.

“Wrong, we’re in your mind and memories,” The shadow said proudly

“My memories!? How’s that possible?” How could Locux possibly fathom being within his own mind? It was one thing to remember past events and think about them but it was another thing to live past memories. A person does not usually view memories in such a mystical and wondrous way. A lot of minor and simple details are often missed or forgotten when people try to remember the past. It wouldn’t be as vivid and real as what Locux was experiencing. Not only was it life like all the sensations of the real world existed in this memory. The freshness of the air could be felt, the beautiful sun could be seen, and the melodious sounds of the town could be heard clearly.

The village was serene and peaceful. It was like any other normal village with people going about their business. Vendors sold their products and families could be seen spending time with each other. Locux couldn’t believe he came from here.

“Brat, we’ll be following your past self around. You’ll get the information you desire since I’ve brought you to the time before you lost your memories. Enjoy the show” Locux and the shadow started following his past self. No one in the village paid any attention to them as if they didn’t exist. This strange occurrence made Locux trust the shadow a bit more.

The past Locux was walking around the village and greeting everyone

“Hello, aunty Soney! How are you, uncle Thoth” The people all responded with kind words and smiles. It seemed as if Locux was well liked in this village.He looked carefree and joyful. Locux seemed to extremely happy in this village. A short while following that, the past Locux approached a small home that had the name Seeker on the door.

At this moment the Locux near the shadow was anxious and nervous.

“My family should be here.” Locux had all sorts of images of what his family might look like and how they would act. They might be stern and rich or they might be carefree farmers. At this moment Locux was about to find out.

The past Locux entered the house followed by the present Locux and the shadow of the book. The house was decorated simply. It had a cozy feeling to it. It wasn’t overly lavish and glamorous. It was simple but not distasteful. The simple decor exuded a sense of irresistible charm. In the corner, one could see a set of tools that may belong to a craftsman.

“Wow, this is my home!?” Locux said excitedly. The shadow looked at him and seemed to show a bit of pity for him. Only the shadow knows how the course of events would proceed.

In that moment a voice called out.

“Locux, is that you?” The voice sounded like one of a female.

“Yes, mom”. The past Locux responded

“Wow, I’m surprised you came home. I thought you would stay out and just continue playing with your friends and forget about you dear family! She said while laughing.

The past Locux could only cough a little when he heard that. He did spend a lot of time outside.

“Ketina, let the boy live a little. It’s natural for boys to want to spend time away from their family.” A deep masculine voice defended Locux. This seemed to be his dad.

“Thanks, dad” Past Locux was thanking his father but at that moment his father continued speaking.

“He’s probably finding a little wife to bring home to us” The father was laughing while saying this.

When past Locux heard this his face became red. He wanted to find a hole and bury himself deeply underground. His parents had obviously made it a habit of bullying and teasing their son relentlessly.

“He probably has eyes on that Holland girl. I heard she has a sliver of deity force.” The father was obviously aware of a few things

“Futar, our son sure has nice taste. Only the best and most talented beauties can catch his eyes. The mother replied.

“I might not have had deity force but thanks to the two of you relentlessly teasing me for years, I have gained something more important. I have….Patience. I feel bad for Cass and Lark they have to endure the same thing I have to.” past Locux said dejectedly.and then the family all laughed together.

From the side, Locux and the shadow observed this scene.

“That’s my….family?” Locux was feeling a lot of emotions at that moment. Ever since he awoke in the jungle, the only thing he has done was kill and run. He had no support or family. The scene before his eyes made his heart warm up. He had a family! A caring and loving family! This news alone made him extremely happy. He couldn’t wait to find them.

“What a tragedy.” The shadow mumbled.

17. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the delay. My computer broke 2 weeks ago. It was a 6 year old dell desktop so I expected this to happen but it still took me by surprise. In the last few days I got my new computer($860 gaming pc) so now I can start posting regularly again. Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my website. It's dryer than the Sahara Desert at this point:cry::cry:.

Chapter 10- The Life
    Locux and the shadow continued to watch as the past unfolded before their eyes. It was a marvelous and fascinating sight for Locux to see. His past life was extremely wonderful. He spent the day helping his father in the smith or spending time with his friends in the village. This was the most mundane yet pleasant lifestyle one could ask for. He didn’t have to always fear for his life and live in a state of constant worry. Locux had all the necessities a human needed such as food, water, shelter, and health.
    This wonderfully normal life made Locux unease when he thought about his current situation. He was always fighting for survival while constantly in treading the fine line between life and death. How could he have ended up like this? What could've happened? These questions kept appearing within his mind as he watched the past unfold.
    “Kid, don’t get distracted” The shadow saw the Locux in a state of apprehension. The shadow was an unearthly being. Hate, love, despair, and other feelings were silly and weak to him. One must have a mind as firm and as steady as a mountain in order to reach the apex.
    “We’ve been here for a long time. When will I see what happened to me?” Locux was getting impatient as time passed by.
    “Patience is an invaluable trait! You could benefit from it, brat.” The shadow was harsh and unrelenting with its words.
    “Brat it’s been about a month according to you memories. Do you think a mortal such as you can live without food and water for a month?”
    “Oh..uh” Locux was speechless. He finally remembered that he hadn’t eaten at all in a month. That was too strange. He was sure he’d die in a week without food or water. It shouldn’t be possible for him to last this long without food or water.
    “Time and space are complicated with many forms and nuances. What may seem like a month here is actually a few hours in the present.” Shadow explained in an annoyed fashion.
    “Kid, no more talking. You’ll soon find out what happened to you.”
    The two continued to watch the scenes before their eyes. This particular scene was in front of the house of a girl called Holland. She had bright golden colored hair and a decently captivating face but that wasn’t the most noticeable thing about her. Her aura was particularly saintly. It was as if she was one of the favored daughters of the heavens.She was untouched and untainted by the world any normal person would feel the urge to kneel and pledge loyalty to her. This was a very strange girl, to say the least, but Locux seemed unaffected by this aura.
    The two teenagers were called the future prime couple in the village. It wasn’t an official title. The title originated from the villagers. It was used to tease the two young folks relentlessly. They could only get embarrassed when called that.
    “Locux.I heard a powerful deity force cultivator is coming to town tomorrow for the annual recruitment for the Reigning Earth sect” Holland looked visibly excited.
    “They probably came for you. You’re not only the most talented person to arise from this village but you should also be comparable to the sect geniuses in potential. They’re using this method to show their benevolence and mighty stature. They wouldn’t do this if you weren’t here. Those sect people are all two faced. They never show their true intention.” Locux seemed to have an understanding of the ways of sect members.
    “Locux, I think you’re being overly critical. You should be less suspicious of everyone you meet.” Holland was very kind and trusting.
    “ Holland,you’re too trusting. One can never be too careful.” Locux was truly worried about her. She was talented but she seemed to have no sense of danger and the evil that lies within human nature. If she didn’t become more wary of others she could run into a lot of trouble. She could be taken advantage of or used as a pawn in someone's scheme while being completely unaware.
    Locux didn’t like people with no sense of suspicion towards others but he still liked Holland. He likes her because her trust came from a pure and untainted heart. She showed concern for all those around her and wouldn’t hesitate to help others even if it was detrimental to her. Locux was the complete opposite, he was wary of all those who weren’t from his village and he wouldn’t take a risk without sufficient benefit. That wasn’t to say Locux was a heartless person. He simply had a shrewd and calculating nature.
    …..
    The next day Locux woke up to a busy and lively town. The town was always lively but never to this extent. It was also pristinely and vibrant. Not a speck of dust or trash could be seen at all. It was as if it never existed. This was obviously for the recruitment ceremony of Reigning Earth!
    “What a sight!” Locux was stunned by this wonderful display.
    The town was filled with excited voices, smiles, and endless laughter.
    “I’m gonna be a powerful deity force cultivator that’ll stun the world” one little snot nosed boy cried out.
    “Me too” several others said.
    It seemed as if this was going to be a very happy event.
    When Locux heard the boys he let out a pitiful sigh.
    “It’s too bad their hope is about to be shattered. It is very rare for deity force to appear in the world. Out of ten thousand people maybe one or two will have deity force that’s an optimistic estimate. The Gods don’t bless all people equally.” Locux knew of how rare deity force was and knew that more likely than none of these boys had it. He was also full of ambition when he was young but this ambition was shattered when he learned that he didn’t have deity force. Thankfully his parent consoled him shortly after learning of this.
    At this time sounds from horns accompanied by drums traveled through the air. These sounds originated outside the village.
    “Everyone, get on your best behavior! Make way for the procession! Faster, get the area set up!” The village chief, obviously nervous, gave a flurry of orders. This was one the grandest event in the village's history. Other villages wouldn’t get a dignitary of the sect to visit them so they had to make the most out of this and not allow for any mistakes.
    Locux had an amused look on his face when he saw the village chief and the other villagers in a frantic state.
    “ Haha,let the festivities begin!” he was extremely and oblivious to the monumental changes and events that would come with the sect’s visit.

What will happen next? Find out on another chapter of dragon ba.......I mean Beyond Mortality.

18. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11- Mark Lyset

“CHILDREN, GET READY” The village chief was on verge exploding due to his nervousness and excitement. This was not only a great event to elevate the status of the village it was also a chance for the younger generation of the village. If any of the children had deity force they could possibly be accepted as outer court disciples of the Reigning Heavens sect and if they had exceptional talent to go with it than they could potentially become inner court or core disciples. What did it mean to be a disciple of the Reigning Heavens sect? It meant an exponential rise in status akin to a carp transforming into a mighty dragon. To be an inner court disciple meant pride for all future generations and to be a core disciple meant that they were little gods of this region in terms of standing.

The village chief didn’t have much hope for the children in becoming inner court disciples, much less, core disciples. If any of the children could be accepted as a servant or outer court disciple he would be mad with joy. The village chief truly cared for the people of the village and saw each and every one of them as family members.His concern and care shined at this moment.

Locux was looking at the excited village chief and the excited children with pity.

“It’s a shame that everyone can’t be deity force cultivators.” he sighed.

“It is shame. Imagine the amount of good that could be done if everyone was deity force cultivators.” Holland said as she appeared from behind him.

“Not everyone is as kind and good as you, Holland. Some people with immense power only think about the destruction they can cause. If everyone had deity force it would be a very chaotic world” Locux lamented

Holland thought about this statement for a second and then looked deeply into his eyes.

“Locux, if you expect the worse of humanity and the world then that’s what you’ll most likely get but if you choose to believe that good is in everyone and everything you’ll get better results. Try finding the good in what you believe is entirely evil.”

People like Holland were a rare species and that was why Locux was drawn to her. He didn’t agree with her ideology but he was intrigued by it, to say the least.

“ That may be the case for you but I can’t think like you. Let’s drop this now since we will never see eye to eye on this. Are you going to go accept the invitation to be a disciple of the Reigning Heavens sect this year? You have a chance to become an inner court disciple.”

At the mention of the invention, the mood around the two became gloomy.

“Yes, my father and mother have convinced me to go.”

Holland obviously did not want to go but wouldn’t defy the wishes of her parents.A sect was not a place someone like Holland would enjoy in the first. It was a place in which one only sought power at any cost and relationships were only for the sake of benefits.

“You should go. Our village needs a powerful deity force cultivator looking after it.” Locux said with a teasing tone.

“HERE THEY COME!!” some yelled.

This was followed by the echo of drums and melodious sounds of various horns. This was the procession of the Reigning Heavens dignitary!

At that moment everyone made their way towards the entrance of the village. Both sides of the entrance were filled with people while the middle was left clear for the dignitary.

If one looked out into the distance they could see vague silhouettes of horses. As the procession came closer the horses became clearer. They were white, pure, and untainted.Their manes radiated a faint light and their bodies seemed to be completely muscular The horses seemed like divine mounts not only because of their saintly and powerful appearances but also because of their noble aura. They walked with heads held high and proud. With the horses being this awe inspiring it can only be imagined what the riders of the horses looked like. They looked rugged and ordinary when simply looking at their face but if one looked at their armor they would only see a bright mirror like material. The armor was spotless!

These knights all rode behind one man. This man didn’t have any armor. He was dressed in standard noble attire. This attire was meant to display one’s wealth and power. He didn’t seem that old, at most he was 25 years old. One could tell this from his handsome and youthful features.

“Children, that’s Mark Lyset. He is a core disciple of the sect and also the young master of the Lyset family. Do your best to please him. You must not do anything to offend him! He is an enemy you cannot have. He won’t even have to act against you. People looking to curry favor with him will probably come after you in his stead.”

The children all looked at Mark with eyes filled with worship.

“Hello, people of Carefree village! I am Mark Lyset of the noble Lyset family. I have come here to act as the annual exam overseer. Any capable youths will be given an invitation to the Reigning Heavens sect and if you do exceptionally well you will be invited to join the Lyset family too!

As he said this the crowd of children broke into cheers.

When Mark saw their eyes filled with hope he laughed inside.
    These lowly fools think they have what it takes to join the sect. Hahaha so many frogs thinking of eating swan meat, If it wasn’t for that Holland girl I wouldn’t have come. I don’t even know what's so special about some lowly commoner scum.

“Yes, if you do well you will have a great future ahead of you. Work hard children. I believe in you guys!

From within the crowd, Locux and Holland were looking at Mark.

“He seems nice,” said Holland

“Seems nice but I have a bad feeling about him.” Locux truly felt that this Mark looked like a sly fox.

“Calm down, Locux. You don't trust anyone that’s not a part of the village.” Holland didn’t seem distrust, Mark. She seemed pleased with actions towards the children.

As Mark was talking to the crowd, the village chief came to the front and made proper introductions to Mark.

“We’ve had a long journey and seek some rest. Have you arranged a place for us, senior chief?” The village chief was shocked and pleased by Marks respectful attitude.

“Ah, my apologies for keeping you out here young master. We have prepared a mansion for you and your knights. Please follow me” The procession left the crowd and made their way towards a luxurious mansion

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  19. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12 - Test Day
    Locux watched as Mark was lead to a rather large and fancy estate specially prepared for him.

The other Locux watching these scenes of the past unfold also had a bad feeling about this newly arrived young noble.Could he be the source of his current troubles? This feeling was unshakeable.

“Shadow, does he have something to do with my current state?” Locux had a feeling the shadow knew more than him about what happened.

The shadow simply laughed and said, “ It would be shame to spoil it for you”. Just enjoy the show.”
    You’ve guessed correctly, kid. Too bad that I don’t want to ruin this splendid show. You may even end up becoming a perfect candidate.

“If you don’t want to tell me now it’s fine, I'll still know the answer eventually”

“Haha indeed, you will learn the answer soon enough. Just keep watching the show.”

They continued looking at the events that transpired before them that day but nothing else eventful happened.
    ……
    The next morning the village was still extremely lively this was especially the case for the youths of the village. Today was the day of testing! This day would determine if they continued to live mundane lives as villagers or if they would become a deity force cultivator that was worshipped by many!

The testing group was going to be fairly large so the village center was arranged to be the testing ground. The village center was spacious and it could fit just about everyone in the village comfortably.

“Those taking the test come forward!” One of the Knights that was accompanying Mark was now acting as the announcer for this test.

Not a single youth tarried as they all rushed up to the front of the testing grounds. The Youths all wore excited and nervous expressions on their faces.

“You’ve got this Yennifer”

“We believe in you Jerald”

As the youths rushed forward their parents were all hysterical in their cheers. Some of the parents were evening crying. A certain man was comforting his wife as she was crying.

“Our little boy. He grew up so fast” She said. That was a phrase repeated by many parents.

The test of deity force compatibility was a signal that a child was becoming a young man or woman that would be ready to marry soon.
    As all of these heartwarming and emotional moments were happening Mark stood in the center of the testing ground next to a huge disk like instrument. He looked over the people.
    These stupid peasants. Just stop crying like a bunch of retards and let me end this quickly none of your dirty little children are talented to any degree. Trash should be self-aware and simply live in the shadows. You lowly fools are only good for being slaves and serving the powerful.

After a few minutes, the tension and emotion around and in the testing ground decreased to a manageable level.

“Hello folks, I am Mark Lyset and I'll be the person in charge of supervising this year's this. Nothing in the rules or structure of test has changed this year but I'll repeat it so everyone can have a general understanding of the rules. I have next to me a deity force detector”

He pointed to the disk next to him.

“Wow”

“It looks so cool.”

The youths were amazed by this tool even though they had no idea what it did.

“This disk can see if you have deity force or not. If you do have deity force this disk can measure how much affinity you have with deity force. The affinity levels are as follow Mortal
    Ascended Mortal, Infant Deity, Deity, Transcendent Deity, Sleeping God, Awakened God, Raging God, Omnipotent God. A higher affinity level allows you to cultivate faster and it gives you an edge when gaining insights and breaking through bottlenecks.”

“Wow!! I’m sure to have an Awakened God affinity at the least!” A youth said smugly.

“Hmph, If you have Awakened God affinity then I have Omnipotent God affinity!” Said another youth in response.

All of a sudden many similar conversations started happening.

“Haha, I’m sure the people of this village are very talented but you have to understand that even the Reigning Heavens sect only has someone at Deity affinity and that person is the Sect Master. I’m a part of the most talented younger generation of the sect but I only have an infant deity affinity at most. The majority of people at most have a Mortal affinity at the most.”
    You stupid fools think you have any talent. A bunch of frogs in wells. It could be considered you greatest fortune if you even have a Mortal affinity.

“Since I’ve gone through all the rules and formalities, we can begin. Starting from the front one at a time.

The first Youth went to the disk.

“Just touch the disk. It’ll react if you have deity force.” Mark kindly and patiently mentored the youth.
    The youth touched the disk and the disk started shaking and lighting up before it went completely went limp and the light resided.
    “Unfortunately you don’t have deity force but it’s alright since deity forced is so rare.” Mark comforted the youth before he erupted in tears and ran back into the crowd to find his parents.
    Great, trash should be self-aware!

“Unfortunately you do not have deity force”

“Unfortunately you do not have deity force”

“Unfortunately you do not have deity force” These words were said a countless amount of times.

Locux was in attendance and looking on with Holland.

“What's the purpose of this annual test Holland.”

“Why are you asking such a silly question Locux. This test is to find those with deity force so they can be trained and recruited.”

“Are you sure?”

“If that’s not the purpose of this test, tell me the purpose of this test.”

“Holland, I know you were only discovered because of this test but it’s probably not as simple as you put it. From where I’m standing this test only serves to make people feel inferior to deity force cultivators. It want’s to make sure people are aware of their inferiority and their place in the world. The only reason I’m saying this is that a deity force cultivator is discovered at most once every 50 years or so and when they are discovered they have the lowest talents and are only a bottom of the sect they enter. They also usually stay at the bottom of the sect they enter. This test just seems to have a malicious intention to me and that noble Mark just gives me a really bad feeling. Please try to stay away from him.”

“Locux, you are too suspicious and wary of everything. Not everything will try to harm you”

“I don’t see a point in staying here any longer to watch this horrible show, bye Holland.” After saying this Locux left the crowd quickly and made his way towards his house.

Holland stayed and watched the test till the end. When the test was over Mark left the stage and walked towards Holland with a smile.

“Hello, I assume you’re Miss Holland. I have come to have a discussion with you about the Reigning Heavens sect. would you mind coming to talk about this in the estate.” Mark was a complete gentleman in his actions. Holland didn’t see any reason to reject him but what Locux said was stuck in her mind.

“I have to go home, it’s getting late.”She politely refused.

“I assure you it’ll only be a moment miss Holland. You can also leave whenever you want.”

Holland thought for a moment before she said: “ I don't see why not”.

She followed Mark and his Knight as he leads the way to his estate.

20. jakejasminjk

jakejasminjk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13- The moon lit night
    After Locux he went to look at the surrounding wildlife in the forest. He seemed to be completely lost in his thoughts.
    She’s probably going to be a great deity force cultivator and I’m going to most likely take up my dad's occupation. A deity force cultivator favoring a blacksmith is like an emperor favoring a beggar. The difference in status is too much. I should probably try to distance myself from her starting now. It’s the most logical approach. It’s said the heavens determine the fate of everyone. They decide how your life starts and ends.

Sigh….

Locux sat down in the middle of the forest thinking about the unfairness of the world. He thought about how different his life would have been if he had been born a noble or a deity force cultivator. But alas, the world won’t change no matter how much one imagines. A person will not become a dragon if they imagine becoming a dragon. Locux and other commoners could be said to be lacking in luck. They may blame the heavens but they all know that luck is also a part of talent.

Some are born high and some are born poor. The world has never been fair and it will never be fair. A fair world would not allow a few lucky few to rule over countless others and act in whatever manner they decided.In this unfair world, an extremely few stubborn people who couldn’t stand this unfairness would fight for a higher position and more power. These people risked their lives and were very well acquainted with the taste of death as they had repeatedly brushed shoulders and saw the smiling face of the grim reaper on their journey to the top. Some of these people accomplished many things and gained the power they sought but the majority fell on their journey because if one plays with death enough times, death will eventually win.

Locux imagined himself becoming one of those heroes. He would go from being a commoner to a king or an emperor. He would no longer want for anything as there would be many people willing and wanting to serve him.

This was the dream of many youths but they all decided not follow it for many reasons. Locux could not just go out adventuring. He was not alone in this world and had others he needed to look out for. His dad may lose the ability to work at any time due to aging and his mother and siblings would have no one to provide for them. He could not be that selfish. Even though he dreamed of big things, he loved this village and he loved life in the village. He was surrounded by people that cared for and loved him. Riches and power may be great things but their value pales in comparison to the value of love and family.

After Locux thought all this out, he felt happier. He decided to go home and see his beloved family.
    ……
    The annual test had ended so Mark and his knights should have left the village immediately but they ended up staying an extra day.
    On that day, Mark invited Holland's family to his Manor so they could discuss something. All the villagers assumed this was to talk about Holland’s entry into the sect as a disciple. The villagers thought this was all reasonable Holland was a talented individual so it would only be right for the sect to want to invite her. It would also be foolish to reject such an offer! This was an invitation to a sect! Being a sect disciple meant a drastic elevation in status. Anyone with a brain would accept an invitation to join a sect.
    That night a weird rumor started running around the village. It seemed as if Holland Lazer and her family would be staying inside the manor for an extended amount of time. People found this strange but thought that Mark was just being nice as usual.

The only one who thought differently from the villagers was Locux.
    Why hasn’t she come to see me? It has been days since I’ve seen her. She usually sees me every day.

Locux found this strange at first but thought Holland also wanted to ease the blow of separation so she cut off all contact with him.
    Hmph..If she wants not be associated with me.That’s fine too!

Locux at that point tried to erase all thoughts about Holland.
    When he got home, his parents tried to comfort him but he acted as though it didn’t affect him.
    ….
    Days later, another strange rumor arose from nowhere. A strange moaning and screaming sound were coming out of Marks mansion every night. Villagers assumed that it was Mark training since deity force cultivators were said to have very hard and painful training
    “Training hmm” Locux was in deep thought. This rumor made him think of a very unlikely scenario.
    Holland didn’t reject that Mark guy and his invitation to the sect, right? No! No that couldn’t be possible but Holland is a stubborn person when she makes a choice. I should check just to calm my mind.

That night Locux left his house and when to some near by shrubs. Within those shrubs, he picked up a bundle of items such as dung, rocks, and a small knife.
    Ready

Locux with the night as his cover crept up to Mark’s manner. As soon as he saw the coast was relatively clear, he scaled the low fence that surrounded the manner. After walking for a few seconds he heard the sound of armor rubbing up against each other. He quickly hid in a corner outside of the Mansion. After a minute, the sound grew distant. Locux continued to creep up to the mansion.

He was now near the entrance door but a knight was standing guard in front of it. It was at this moment that Locux went back and found a guard he previously saw he went to a tree that was close to the fence and placed the dung there. After doing that he went to the other side of the tree by going to the guard near the fence and then he aimed for the tree that was positioned to the left of the guard and threw several rocks at the rock.

‘Thump’ The rocks hit the tree and caused the guard near the fence to become alarmed.

The Knight was caught unprepared but he quickly calmed down.He quickly looked towards the left and yelled
    “Back up, someone is sneaking around near me”

By the time the guard yelled this Locux was nearing the entrance and saw that the entrance guard was coming his way. His heart quickened and he raced behind a tree.

The guard didn’t stop at the tree Locux was at but continued to head towards the area where the original disturbance occurred.
    That was too close! Way too close! I shouldn’t be doing this but I have to make sure Holland and her family are safe

Locux made his way to the entrance after the guard passed him. The entrance had a lock, Locux didn’t have a key. He went into his supply bag and took out a small and sharp pick. This was probably something he made using his dad’s tools of the trade.

The lock was quickly picked and Locux made his way in.The mansion was lavishly decorated and radiated a natural noble air about it but there was a slight malicious and slightly evil feeling to the place.
    Nobles are truly something else

Locux begins looking around the mansion carefully. He didn’t have time to try to acquire a map detailing the layout of the residence so he had navigated with his instincts. Holland was a deity force cultivator even though she hadn’t truly started cultivating yet. Deity force cultivators stood out because their auras were overwhelming to begin with!

Locux closed his eyes for a moment and felt that Holland's aura was coming from a particular direction. Catching on to her aura didn’t make him feel any happy because it didn’t feel like the usually cheerful and happy Holland.

Locux got closer and closer to Holland until he was just a door away.
    Locux quickly picked the Lock that was on the door and then he entered with haste.

“Holland” He called out.

The room was dark and Locux couldn’t immediately take in everything but after a few seconds in the room, his senses became more clear. The room was on the second floor of the mansion. The only source of light in the room came from the moon.

The Moonlight entered the room through a window. It allowed Locux to clearly see Holland and what he saw shocked him.
    Holland wore a minimal amount of clothes while she was chained to a pole. Locux ran up to her.

“HOLLAND, HOLLAND” Locux called to her while he removed her chains.

When he got closer he saw her body riddled with not only scars but also a sizeable amount of blood. She looked completely weary and defeated but this wasn’t the worst part of it all. The worst part of it was her eyes!

They were lifeless. All light that had been previously there had been completely lost. She was breathing and living but her eyes made her look like a dead person.

“Holland! Who did this to you!? Tell me so I can kill that bastard!” Locux was howling in grief. He didn’t care about being discovered at this moment.

“Well, well, well, it seems a little insect has intruded onto my property.” Mark appeared at the doorway with a sinister smile.

“You! Was it you who did this?! Why did you do this?”Locux madly questioned Mark.

Mark just smiled and laughed.
    “Hahahaha, why should I answer a dead man or should I say a dead insect?”