Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    QI has shit work ethics. Also, careful on waving your "WW DID DIS!!!" shit. Why the fuck would they do this anyway? If you think about it, nothing good would come out of WW doing this. And I'm sure Ren isn't that stupid.

Shame on you.

2. HunterYHunter

HunterYHunter Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren might have admitted to this DMCA

Chupchup wrote:

Anyway don't think it's huge issue for QI since they could just "re-edit" any offending chapters and likely that would be it or perhaps just push out their unedited chapters. But I dunno, I imagine makes translators do a double take on who their editor is and what that implies to their rights.

Ren replied:

I'm just giving Qidian a nice hard reminder as to why the crap they are doing is a bad idea.

For what it worth, Ren he did indirectly asked readers to boycott Qidian website

I won't ask that you boycott their website (although that would be appreciated)

Qidian won't talk to Wuxiaworld anymore after that. I hope this whole thing can go to court and be over with. The court will decide who will get what.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. Incarneous

Incarneous ☕ [Transcendent Eternality] [Alexfilia's Dad]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, it's alexfilia. Let's stay on the sidelines for this kind of thing. =/

4. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    Keyword here is *might*. You can't go around waving your dick and accusing him of something without proper evidence. Ffs he might have just "reminded" them as in messaging them or some other shit. Innocent until proven guilty. You go around the forums saying you do not work for QI yet you make yourself look like QI-paid dude who wants to wreak novel havoc. It's just sad man. QI is fucking themselves over. They fucked up this beautiful community. They could've played nice and the situation wouldn't have devolved into this QI vs WW mess.

5. HunterYHunter

HunterYHunter Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The app was taken off Google Play at around the time that Ren said these

I'm just giving Qidian a nice hard reminder as to why the crap they are doing is a bad idea.

Wuxiaworld asserts no claims to ownership over almost any of the translations (a few exceptions, but none of the novels that moved). That being said, we DO have two or three site-wide editors that help us work on almost all of the novels, which gives us at least a partial say in their usage.

As a result, we're going to exert the full force of the law against Qidian and whatever illegal, infringing actions Qidian has taken.

Pretty suspicious to me...

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  7. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, deleted previous post because he reminds me of noodles and discussion would keep on going forever.:eek:

8. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he delete that part though afterwards?
    Heck, I believe it was a spur of the moment thought, because he was angry... and he had the right to be angry...

Imagine you bought the rights to a dozen expensive novels, and even had oral agreements for the rest.
    You were relieved that all you're doing is ok, and that no problems will exist in the near future.
    But then, the person whom had those oral agreements with you, suddenly decided to go against his word, and even try to bring you to the court...

For him to currently have no problems, means he fought, and won the legal issues.

But try being in his place for a second.
    Something you even gave up your own work for, which was heavily paid, and not as hard as working with translations, is now being threatened by a group who went against their words... and mind you a big group, generating a lot of pressure to him.
    Wouldn't you feel unjustified?
    Even on the spur of the moment decision he wrote to boycott Qidian, he corrected himself afterwards, and even for the current novels that moved to QI, he didn't want to bring hate towards them.
    He handled the case professionally, and the situation subsided.
    Clearly the hate is almost resolved...

Why bring this topic back into discussion?

I am thinking it's better for this thread to close...

9. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Being suspicious all you want is fine, but keep it to yourself...
    It isn't our place to talk about whatever Qidian and Wuxiaworld are doing with legal issues, as firstly we don't know much about the law, and secondly there is much more we don't know about the whole situation.
    And honestly I don't know where you're getting with it...
    Mind explaining?

10. tytania

tytania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading chinese novel since last year, but this year something big happened. Do you know what it is? Yes, most of the novels now is redirected to Qidian International. That is what I'm worried because the chinese qidian is need you to pay to read a chapter/novel in their site. Will Qidian International let people read all the novel in their site for free or changing to be more like chinese Qidian? If that is true, i am very disappointed because not every person in every country in the world including teenager under 16 or 17 have access to Visa Card or any type of online transaction because their age and country/identity.
    I know how hard the translator working to TL the novels but it's unfair i think for people that have trouble to pay the chapter/novel to read them because it is hard. Rather than read the pirated novels for free why not read Legal novel free of charge!?
    So what do you boys and girls think? Will Qidian International be like Chinese Qidian?

Ninth Mountain likes this.
  11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, you're late to the party...

As of right now, just enjoy it because it's free and there's no guarantee that it's free forever. However there are sites like WW, GT and Volare that'd stay free.

Seraphic, Risus, Tramsloof and 5 others like this.
  12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Not another one of these.

13. tytania

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by Late?

14. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, threads like these sort of exploded a few months back.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  15. Alchyr

Alchyr Master of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been a great deal of discussion and threads on this already, and the general idea is that "There is a non-zero possiblity that Qidian will add a paywall but there is no way of knowing whether they will or not until it happens (or they make an announcement)"

16. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I should cry or laugh.
    What the hell were you doing, seriously

It's almost like you learned how to read and write in these last 3 months so you could only express yourself now

17. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    where have you been mate?

18. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Money and Fan Translation; Failed to compute.
    The money attracted the Shark.
    Now that the Shark had come, everyone loses their mind.
    I think, "What? You think you can get the money without the shark?"
    This had been long prophesied by prophetess @Ai chan

Ai chan and AMissingLinguist like this.
  19. tytania

Reading List:
    Link
    Few months ago there is no change in Qidian Inter but now they actively welcoming a lot of novel to their site and changed how reader read the novel in mobile not like 2 months ago

20. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and? It's been long enough that the majority of people here have already encountered threads like this. Which is why there are dismissive comments on the thread already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.