Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irradiate

Irradiate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs]
    Alone
    @shad12ow
    As soon as I got the confirmation, I immediately set out.

"Dynamo, scan my vicinity for chickens." I order. I hear a soft buzzing noise coming from my Dynamos as it scans the area. A minute later, I hear rapid beeping from my Dynamos indicating that there was indeed chickens somewhere around me. "Dynamo, apply the characteristics and terrain from the scan into a map then open it." I say to my weapon.
    As the map open up in front of me, I saw 3 blips coming from the north-west, south, and north-east.
    "Che. Only 3? And I would need to find 10 of them. Well, whatever. No use crying over spilled milk. Come on, Dynamo." I say as my Dynamos hovered under my feet to allow me to travel faster. 'I guess I'll go to the one at the north-east first, then do a semi-circle around to the north-west.' I think to myself as I head towards the first chicken which was the farthest away from the board.

10 minutes later...
    "Finally, I'm near the first one." I say to myself. I look around the area for the chicken and see a white-feathered tail behind a bush, pecking on something. 'Dynamo, activate Silent mode.' As I think that, the whirring of my Dynamos suddenly became silent and I start moving towards the unsuspecting chicken. 'If I remember correctly, I should dislocate their wings so they can't thrash around as violently.' I thought to myself as I remember a snippet of a travel that I had long ago.
    *crack crack*
    "Yosh~ One down, nine to go." I say to myself as I look at the poor chicken that was trying to get away. 'I just need something or someplace to put them in...' I mumble to myself. "Oh yeah, I can also just tie them together!" I say out loud, for no reason at all, as the method came to me. I look around looking for something to tie down at least ten chickens, then saw a vine coming from the bush that the chicken had been at. That should do. I walk towards the bush and pull out the vine. I check that with its length, it can hold at least 5 chickens, maybe even less if it starts to split. 'Well, this will do for now.' I think to myself then proceed to tie the helpless chicken down and continue the quest.

4 hours later...

"There you go. I've completed the quest." I say as I put out 5 chickens bound by a vine and another 5 bound by a normal rope. While binding the 5th chicken with the vine after scanning the area once more, I picked up an old and used rope. 'This would've been good two hours ago...' I mumble to myself, cursing myself to have forgotten to add 'Rope' when I told my Dynamos to scan the area for chickens again. It took an hour for me to find the other 5 chickens needed to complete the quest after binding the 5th chicken with the stretching vine. It took me another hour to get back to the Quest Board as I couldn't use my Dynamos to travel since the vine was threatening to rip and let the chickens free. So I took the safe route and walked back to the board with 10 chickens behind me in which half was bound with a vine while the other half was bound with a brown rope.

'I guess I'll go back to the Tavern.' I think to myself as I prepared to leave. As I was leaving, I remembered an important question I needed to ask.

"Hey, where is the cheapest inn around here?" I ask, unaware at that time that Adventurers can lodge for free at the Tavern and also get sustenance for free which knocked out the second and third priority that I set up for myself to live in this world.

AliceShiki and shad12ow like this.
  2. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completed Request:
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    @shad12ow
    Leaving the guild a wave of my hand summons my tank, she cuts a striking, even majestic figure. Her gun is sparkling in the morning dew, ready to combat any threat that may befall me. I love her. Arriving at the plain we see a variety of monsters but only a couple slimes, our targets, among them. All of a sudden Tank reports targets matching slimes on the thermal sensors roughly 2 clicks from our current possition. "Prepare to fire the main gun, HE ammunition, range 1.7 kilometers, FIRE! A loud roar sounded as the high explosive warhead flew through the air hitting its target, a cluster of 30 slimes. "Tank what are we reading in the sensors?" "Nothing? Good, confirmed kill." Her sexy tank body gleamed with the feeling of superiority that comes with one so powerful as her. So.... hot..... that night was silent except for my whispers of affection to my tank. And the sweet caresses I lavished upon her tank hull.

shad12ow likes this.
  3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs]
    =====================================================
    "Oh, come back so soon? I'm impressed. As...for the chickens...didn't the request said to bring it to farmer or something? Hmm...Maybe not? Well, we'll take care of it."
    A waved of his hand and then a group of spider quickly jumped onto the chickens, injecting a small dose of paralyzing poison into them. When the chickens have been pacified, they dragged the chicken onto the back of the receptionist area.
    "Well then, with that taken care of, I think this is for you," said Shadow as he handed out a small pouch filled with gold coins and also a small bag containing eggs. "All is there, 20 G and 5 eggs. Take care now~!"
    OOC: Good story~! Detailed, yet not overly detailed. Nice flow. I enjoy it. I look forward to your next story~! Don;t forget to update your adventurer's info with your reward~!

AliceShiki and Irradiate like this.
  4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ====================================================

"...Hmm...I am not one to tell someone not to use too much explosion to deal with their problem since I myself use quite a lot. But....was that really necessary? I mean, they're slime, ya know? And the cores are all...either burnt or crumbled. Well, first time for everyone, I suppose. Here is your reward," said Shadow as he handed out a small pouch filled with 50 G.
    "Do be careful next time. Especially with your overhunting. I usually deduct their pay for overhunting. We hunt while also minding the environment, ya see? Well, take care now, friend."
    OOC: LOL~! Overkill, much? I'm quite amused by that. I though you will just run them over with your tank. Hahaha~! Well, a few friendly notes~!.
    First, don't overhunt. Simple rule, easy to follow. A bit more than 20 is fine. But 30? Well, a tad over, I suppose. No harm~ No harm~!
    Second, since the enemy is just slimes, I can understand the length of the story. But do try to make it longer than that next time. It's good, don't take me wrong. But do make it longer next time. Nah~ No minimum amount. This is just my fear since we used to have someone write "I came to plain. I see slimes. I crush slimes. I then get back to HQ." and then gave it to me. Hahahaha~! True story~! No joke~!
    Third, I like your way of fight~! I must say, friend. First time I see someone using a tank in AG. Keep up the good work~! I await your next amusing stories~! Hahahaha~!

5. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    "H-hey boss! There's something wrong with Hikari and ibruprofen isn't working!!!!"

Faisal and I support the weak and coughing Hikari as she walks inside the Guild.

"Ah here's the report. Not sure if it'll help with finding out how she turned out this way...."

I hand over the report to the boss.

Treacherous Port|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Bandits [150 G]
    @brasca123 @Faisal

Note: Brown is Hatchy. Green is Faisal. Pink is the Idol Receptionist Hikari
    Faisal arrived with his new friends at the Treacherous Port. “My first time being here.” He said. “How about you guys?”
    "Nope. I tend to avoid places with the word "treacherous" in them."
    "Hikari... Doesn't remember... Maybe Hikari-" *cough cough* "was here before, but Hikari's doesn't have a way of knowing it."
    “Alright. Well, let's ask around to find out where the bandits were last spotted and where they are known to hang out, let's split up to get information and meet back at the center of the town,” Faisal suggested. “I’ll check the pub. That’s where I think I can get some decent information.” He informed his allies before leaving.

So Faisal did exactly as he said; he went to the most popular bar. Walking through the door, it was quite lively but he ignored it and made his way to the bartender. “Have you heard the rumors about the recent bandit attacks?” Faisal asked but as soon as he uttered that the bartender focused on him like a predator to his prey. “What’s it to you if I have!?” The bartender questioned in a hostile manner. “Easy there. I just heard some people talking about how they got robbed by a group of bandits and I wanted to know where to avoid.” Faisal responded calmly. “Just stay away from the road that heads towards the forest; that’s where they tend to rob people. Sorry about the hostility before. It’s just that everyone who asks about them tend to be bounty hunters who never pay for their drinks.” The bartender appeared to have calmed down. “No worries mate! I understand!” Faisal said and exited the pub.

“That was suspicious. I bet the bandits usually go there to drink otherwise there wouldn’t be a reason for so much hostility even if mercs don’t usually pay,” Faisal thought to himself and started heading back to the meeting point, but on his way back he was sure that someone was following him.
    There are places in the world that just the name of them brings calm to your heart and peace to your soul. When you hear of those places, you can't help but wish you could take a vacation in such a relaxing destination.

Soft Palm Beach...
    Peaceful Meadows...

And then there's Treacherous Port.
    Dark, murky, intimidating. Even the bravest of souls would feel threatened here.
    Not exactly an ideal location for a getaway.

I, along with my two new acquaintances, Faisal the Non-Riajuu and Hikari the Idol(?) Receptionist, decided to take on a subjugation quest for bandits in this treacherous place (no pun intended).

[Hatchy] Alright Aeolus. Behave areound the others 'kay?

[Aeolus] Guru~!

It's not that I thought he'd go rampant but since he's a mythical class griffin, it didn't hurt to take precautions.

[Hatchy] Haha...good boy, good boy~

[Faisal] Ahem~

Oh right. There's other people here.

[Faisal] My first time here. How about you guys?

Heavens no. If I came here by myself, I would become a splattered pool of red as soon as I irritated a single person.

[Hatchy] Nope. I tend to avoid places with the word "treacherous" in them.

After a few words exchanged between the three of us, it was decided that we would split up to gather some information about the location of the bandits.

[Faisal] I'll check the pub. That's where I think I can get some good information.

[Hatchy] Alright but remember to not attract too much attention. Best to stay low for now.

There was a phrase back in my old world that described an ideal person in world where survival of the fittest is law: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Bad*ss. Keep low and sweep your enemies off their feet before they realize you're there. The only problem I had with that was that I was never strong enough to trip them...

Faisal moved on ahead as he waved in farewell leaving me with Hikari. I looked at said receptionist that Faisal managed to bring along with us and I felt a pang of guilt. She probably didn't want to come on a mission with a weak greenhorn like me. Heck, she probably despised me; something like: "Eew~why am I teamed up with a loser like this guy? I just wanted to go with Fai-kun. Teehee~!"

Well, I guess its far fetched but I wouldn't know any better. I tried to start a conversation to break the awkward silence.

[Hatchy] Ummm.....

[Hikari]......

Yup. She definitely hates me.

~~~
    [Aeolus] Guru~!

Translation: Did you consider that a conversation?! You didn't even greet her yet! How can you assume she hates you already? What are you?! An overly conscious self-deprecating NEET?! Sheesh~!

[Hatchy] Awww...I love you too buddy.

[Aeolus] Guru~

Translation: This simple minded idiot....
    Hikari was surprised to be suddenly invited to go to the Treacherous Port help Faisal-san and Hatchy-san, Hikari thought about declining to try and stay on the tavern for longer, so as to meet her family, but... Hikari ended up deciding it would be better to try it out. Hikari doesn't want to leave with regrets, so... It would be better to not miss the opportunities Hikari has to get closer to some other people... Hikari hopes to help them a bit at least...

We arrived at the port, and Faisal-san started a conversation.

“My first time being here, how about you guys?”

"Nope. I tend to avoid places with the word 'treacherous' in them."

"Hikari... Doesn't remember... Maybe Hikari-" *cough cough*"was here before, but Hikari's doesn't have a way of knowing it."

“Alright well let's ask around to find out where the bandits were last spotted and where they are known to hang out, let's split up to get information and meet back at the center of the town.

"I’ll check the pub that’s where I think I can get some decent information.”

"Alright but remember to not attract too much attention. Best to stay low for now."

"Ta-take care!"

We-we're going to split up!? Bu-but Hikari isn't sure she can take care of herself in here... It's a scary place... What should Hikari do...? Maybe Hikari should just try it, but Hikari doesn't want to get in their way either...

"Guru."

"Is something the matter... Uhn..." *turns towards Hatchy-san* "What was the name of the griffon-" *cough cough* "again Hatchy-san? Hikari forgot... But, they look like they're trying to say something..."
    [Hikari] What was the name of the griffon- *cough cough* again Hatchy-san? Hikari forgot... But, they look like they're trying to say something...

[Hatchy] H-huh?

Woah! She spoke!!! Wait, she's said words before so what am I acting surprised for? Plus, she's only speaking because Aeolus grunted something. Wait. I feel like this inner dialogue is taking too much time...oh no! I created an awkward silence!!! What do I do?! I haven't spoken to aThere's no Google here to ask!!!

[Aeolus] Guru~!!!!

Aeolus abruptly ended my thoughts and kicked me in the hinder. Oh hey, I can think clearly again. Nice save Aeolus!

[Hatchy] I-Its A-a-a-aeolus!!! H-he's p-probably j-just greeting y-you!!!

Hmm...I think I stuttered there....

~~~
    [Aeolus] Guru~

Translation: That's not what I said you useless dimwit.
    Hatchy-san kept quiet for a while... Is he trying to decipher what the Griffon meant?

Eh!? Hatchy-san was kicked!!! Wha-wha-wha-

"I-Its A-a-a-aeolus!!! H-he's p-probably j-just greeting y-you!!!"

"Greeting Hikari!? Bu-bu-but what's up with that sudden kick!?"

"I-I think he was just telling us to hurry up and move!"

"Oh, right! Faisal-san already left, so we should too!"

*fidgets a bit* "Bu-but Hikari is scared... Hikari doesn't know this place, and it's quite shady... Hikari doesn't feel safe here... Could-" *cough cough cough* "Hikari go with Hatchy-san? Hikari would feel safer like that..."

"Wi-with you? O-of course! I'll be a good guide!"

"Thank you Hatchy-san! Hikari will-" *cough cough* "be in your care!"

"So... Where should we go?" *tilts head* "Hikari doesn't know what would be a good place to get information..."

"Since Faisal already went to the pub... I guess we should try the plaza?"

"Okay then! Please lead the way Hatchy-san!"
    [Hatchy] Er...I'll try my best! Stick close 'kay?

I may be bad at directions but its the plaza so how hard can it be? Plus, Hikari looks a bit nervous so as a man I must step up to the plate! Fight on me!!!

~A few moments later~

[Hatchy] .....

[Hikari]...is Hatchy-san *cough cough* lost by any chance?

[Hatchy] Hahaha!! Not at all!!

Nope I'm lost. Faisal why'd you leave poor ol' me in this scary place...

[Hikari] U-unn! Hikari found the plaza!!

[Hatchy] Huh? Oh you did! Good job~!

Well...it worked out somehow...Guess I'll interrogate some people.

I went up to a few people(guys of course) and started a conversation before inquiring them of the bandits location.

[Random Guy] Bandits? I've heard there's a camp of them in one of the abandoned warehouses on the road to the forest but don't take my word for it.

[Hatchy] Oh I see...well I best be off. Nice talking to you!

[Random Guy] Sure kid. You better be careful 'round here. This ain't a place for kids like you two.

[Hatchy] I know. Thanks for the warning~

I wave goodbye before turning to Hikari.

[Hatchy] Guess we should meet up with Faisal and see what information he's gathered~

Hopefully our information matches. I don't want to stay in this eerie place for long....
    Faisal, as the first one to arrive at the meet up point, decided to walk around near the meetup point (close enough so that his team mates would see him from the meetup point), mainly to annoy the person following him, he went to different food stalls ordering different kinds of exotic food. "Hmm I think that Hatchy might like goblin heart," he said to himself after buying one, "and Hikari would like a doughnut I'm sure." He said to nobody in particular. For himself, he ordered an orc kidney. "Looks tasty enough." He thought to himself and headed back to the meetup point as he could see his friends were already there and could hear them talking about something.
    [Hatchy] Uguu~ I'm really hungry now...

The only thing that was emptier than my stomach was my wallet. Woe is the life of a poor man.

[Hikari] Did Hatchy-san *cough cough* not eat breakfast? Hikari is a bit hungry too...

[Hatchy] You too? Guess we should get something when Fais-- oh speak of the devil~"

I saw Faisal running up to us with some peculiar but pleasantly smelling items in his hands.

[Faisal] I'm back. I thought you guys might be hungry so I got some food.

He hands Hikari a round shaped doughnut and gives me something hot in a bag.

[Hikari] Thank you Faisal-san!

[Hatchy] Fai-kun~ You're so thoughtful....wait. What is this?

I looked in the bag to find a strange squishy object in it. It appeared to be a deflated tire.

[Hatchy] I don't know if I told you yet Faisal, but I'm Latex-intolerant.

[Faisal] Latex? What the heck is that? I gave you a grilled goblin heart.

[Hatchy] Ohhhh....goblin heart.

I glance at the deflated ti- I mean- the goblin heart and shrug. How bad can it be? I take a bite and my eyes popped open.

This tastes amazing!

The heart was seared perfectly with a brown crust circling the tender meat intensifying the flavor. However, the intensity went beyond the realm of simple caramelisation of the meat juices. There was a perfect amount of fat that made the aroma and mouth feel of the meat that made the lure of carnivorousness extraordinary but not overbearing. The texture and toughness of the meat was soft enough for it to almost melt in your mouth. Such a delectable dish must have been made by a true master in the culinary realm!!

Tears started to stream down my face.

[Faisal] H-hey! Why are you crying? I'm sorry...I should've gotten you a doughnut....

[Hikari] D-don't cry Hatchy-san! *cough cough* You can have my doughnut!

I wiped my tears and smiled.

[Hatchy] There's no need....

I grabbed Faisal's shoulders and stared resolutely into his eyes.

[Hatchy] You have enlightened me...from now on you are my sworn brother.

[Faisal].....okay? How about we discuss what we found out about the Bandit's locations?

[Hikari] Uhm. Hatchy-san and I *cough* were told that the bandits were along the road towards the forest!

[Hatchy] They also mentioned that they were hiding out in the abandoned warehouses. Not sure if that information is reliable though. What about you?

[Faisal] My information matches with yours. Shall we go take a look?

[Hatchy] Yup I'm ready!

Hopefully the bandits aren't too strong....
    After meeting up and eating, we headed towards the nearby forest to search for bandits on the road.

Hikari was a bit afraid, Hikari isn't sure she can help much if we're ambushed, Hikari needs time to make her chants... Hikari hopes she isn't a burden for everyone...

The way to the forest was pretty clear of threats overall, Hikari found it to be strange, weren't the bandits supposed to commonly attack here? Maybe we'll need to start searching those warehouses then?

While Hikari was thinking that, Faisal-san suddenly stopped us... Eh? Did something happen?
    After they finished eating, they set off on their travel to the place the bandits were last spotted. “Still being followed huh.” Faisal thought to himself “Have those guys noticed him or not?” He wondered.

As they approached the area where the bandits usually are, Faisal noticed the stalker stopped following them. “An ambush huh?” Faisal thought as he stopped. “Guys get ready. They’ve surrounded us.” Faisal told his clueless companions as he drew his swords.

“Here’s the strategy, Hatchy you use your ‘charms’ to draw their attention, Hikari you just focus on your magic and I will attack them every now and then if I see an opening. But primarily, I will protect Hikari.” Faisal told his team.
    Yup. I knew it'd come down to this. Faisal will play the role of the protagonist as he protects the idol receptionist while she casts spells, and I, on the other hand, will be the distraction. If this was a B-rated sci-fi movie, I'd already be dead...

[Hatchy] .....Sure thing. Let's go Aeolus!

[Aeolus] Gururu~!

I hopped onto Aeolus' back and he let out a screech before taking to the air. Most of the bandits were startled by Aeolus; I guess they don't see griffin's very often? In that moment of hesitation, Aeolus swooped down, grabbed one of the bandits, and pummeled him towards another one.
    Its like killing two birds with one stone except, instead of a stone, you just use one of the birds~

The bandits rush towards me attempting to surround me.

[Bandit] K-kill that guy on that bird creature thingy!!! He'll be the biggest problem!

Alas, the biggest problem is that your brains are too small to realize there's two more people with me....
    Eh? Bandits!? When did they get near!? Hikari didn't see anything!

While Hikari was astonished by the sudden development, Faisal-san and Hatchy-san got their weapons and prepared for battle, it seems like Faisal-san will protect Hikari? Then, Hikari should also do her job...

Hatchy-san hopped unto his griffin and attracted their attention, which is a quite scary position... Hikari is amazed Hatchy-san can do that so easily...

Ah, Hikari shouldn't day dream! Hikari should help too! So-so-something that Hikari can use that won't harm Hikari's friends... *looks around hastily* Ah! A flower! Good thing we're on a road to a forest, so Hikari can get those things!

"Faisal-san, Hikari will get a flower, please hang on!"

"A flower!? What are you saying Hikari!?"

"Hikari will be right back!"

Running towards it, Hikari quickly got the nearest flower on the ground and started scattering it's petals while chanting.

"Goddess that rules over the flowers, answer my plea. Please show those-" *cough cough* "that dare to use the safe coverage of plants to harm others be faced with an appropriate punishment. Make those that always-"*coughs* "take others lives on these fields, have their own lives taken by those very grounds they always mercilessly stepped upon when killing!"

During Hikari's chant, Hikari was quite vulnerable overall, Faisal-san had to work hard to keep the bandits away from Hikari... Good thing Hatchy-san had grabbed most of their attention beforehand...

As Hikari finished her chant, the grass on the surroundings suddenly started growing, entangling itself on the bandits' feet and making them fall over, completely immobilizing them and piercing through their eyes... It was quite a scary sight...

As that happened, Hikari crouched down on the floor and started coughing violently... It hurt, Hikari's entire body felt like burning, the more the Holy Energy left Hikari, the more pain did Hikari feel... Please stop... Please stop hurting Hikari...

After a while, Hikari could feel the pain subsiding a little, Hikari looked around and saw that both Faisal-san and Hatchy-san were near her... Were they saying something? Hikari couldn't hear them before now... Ah, they're asking if Hikari is alright... Hikari seemed to have worried them... Hikari should be more careful then...
    The fight had just started and Hikari was looking around for something. "I wonder what she is looking for?" Faisal thought himself.

"Faisal-san, Hikari will get a flower, please hang on!"
    Surprised, Faisal responded, "A flower!? What are you saying Hikari!?"

"Hikari will be right back!"

“Okay. You be right back I guess.” Faisal thought while holding off a pair of bandits constantly attacking him. “They seem to be aiming for Hikari, these pair of animals” Faisal thought to himself in disgust. “She hasn’t even started casting, yet they’re trying to kill her. These sickos.”

"Goddess that rules over the flowers, answer my plea. Please show those-"
    *cough cough*

The bandits were joined by another two when they noticed her start to cast. “So the flower was some kind of offering for the ritual...” Faisal thought to himself as he held the four bandits off. ”An opening!” He thought as he stabbed one in the neck.

"...that dare to use the safe coverage of plants to harm others be faced with an appropriate punishment. Make those that always-"
    *coughs*

Slowly Faisal was running out of stamina he breathing was getting heavy so he did what he always does when fighting in a situation which requires him to fight against many; Rend his strongest skill. He pushed them all back with his skill and deeply injured them as Hikari was reaching the end of her chant.

"Take others lives on these fields, have their own lives taken by those very grounds they always mercilessly stepped upon when killing!"

Squashed completely. Those are the only words that could explain what just happened to them." ”You did it Hikari!” Faisal congratulated his teammate, but something was wrong. ”Are you okay!?”He shouted in panic as he caught her. “Something is wrong let’s take her to a hospital fast!” Faisal shouted at his other teammate Hatchy.
    [Faisal] Something is wrong! Let's take her to a hospital fast!

I looked over to Aeolus

[Hatchy] You think you can carry all three of us boy?

[Aeolus] Guru~!

I grinned and pat him on the back.

[Hatchy] Hop on you two!

Without hesitation, Faisal carried the groggy Hikari around his back and rode on Aeolus' back. As I was about to climb on as well, a sharp glint caught my eye.

[Hatchy] Huh?

I turned my head towards one of the mutilated bodies and saw an oddly shaped ruby pendant laced around its neck. I hurriedly grabbed it and narrowed my eyes.

[Hatchy] Why....is this here?

[Faisal] Hurry up Hatchy!

I shook my head and stashed away the pendant before climbing onto Aeolus. He spread his wings and immediately flew away from the area. Taking a quick glance at the scene of the one-sided massacre, I clenched the pendant and frowned.

[Hatchy] Why am I getting a bad premonition....

I shook my head vigorously and looked back at Faisal and the absentminded idol receptionist.

[Hatchy] So, how are you doing Hikari? Still alive?
    Uhn?! Wah!? The-the-they're carrying Hikari!? Hi-Hikari can walk by herself though! >.<

Hikari tried moving her legs to show that she was fine, but... They weren't answering Hikari properly... Rather, it was still hurting quite a bit... Won't the pain fade already...? Maybe it's better to let them carry Hikari for now...

Although...

"Uhn... Thank for..." *cough cough* "carrying Hikari... Though we could go back to the guild already, going to a hospital won't-" *cough cough cough* "help Hikari much... It's better to just deliver the quests instead." *makes a pained smile*

This is no good... Hikari isn't being able to hide the pain well... Hikari doesn't want to cause more worry than necessary... But- *cough cough* things are getting bad quickly, aren't they...? What should Hikari do now...? Hikari is running out of time quicker than she thought...
    Even though Hikari tried to convince Faisal and Hatchy, Faisal ignored her and made sure that she went to the hospital. “Even if it doesn’t help, it won't hurt. But on the off chance that it helps you get better, then you won’t have to deal with your sickness!” Faisal told her. “Besides, what kind of friend leaves his friend while they’re in pain? Not me, that’s for sure!”

“Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we can do much for her. We’ve tried healing magic, but there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with her so nothing is having an effect. We’d like to keep her here until her condition stabilizes but it’s just coughing for now so the decision is up to you” “Sorry doc but she can’t really stay and I don’t see the point in her staying if you can’t help. But I will make sure that she rests.” Faisal informed the doctor.

While Hikari was still suppressing her pain, the trio returned to the guild to give their mission report. On the way, there luckily wasn’t any problems but Faisal carried her all the way to the guild just in case she was still in pain and/or sick.
    Hatchy got a strange silver pendant.
    Also, you know its serious when ibuprofen doesn't fix it.

6. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Fugnuggetz. I forgot the tag. I'm so tired >.>
    @shad12ow

shad12ow and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ((calling me the real mvp... i'm pretty sure thats hikari xD))

shad12ow, Hatchy and AliceShiki like this.
  8. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123 @Hatchy @Faisal
    Treacherous Port|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Bandits [150 G]
    =================================================
    "You're back? And...is she okay? And the medicine doesn't work for her?....Sorry, even I can help her. She has...a rather special condition, I suppose. Let me see the report for now...."
    Shadow took the report. He frown a bit as he read the report. It took him a while before he looked back to them again.
    "Hmm...I see. Well, the bandits are up to their usual. I guess I should visit their chief again just to make sure their dirty hand won't reach here. If they did, I'll just cut their hand....And head. Here you go."
    Shadow pulled out a small pouch filed with 150 G worth of coins.
    "Your reward. Take care now."

9. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin drags his battered body towards the receptionist desk.
    "Here..." he gives the 3 quest reports before he falls to the ground...

Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs] and
    Delta Town|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Lumber [100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]

[Day 4, Friday early morning]

Couk co-oookkk~ *sound of rooster
    "Ugh, morning already...?" I raise my body slowly walking up. 'Ah~ that's right I need to gather 10 chickens for the quest' I started dressing up and wearing my armor. I headed outside.

"Jin, you’re already up early" an old man spoke. He was the old farmer I meet in the Rat Quest. He was kind enough to invite me to stay at his home when he heard I was camping outside Delta Town. Though I was asked to pay rent, which is fine with me because I’m earning gold with the quest.

"Yes, I’m going to do some quest..." I said as I put on my armored boots.
    "Hmmm...? seems like your carrying your large axe and shield. I thought it was going to be an easy quest hearing you’re a newbie" as he stroked his white beard.
    "Well, it’s better to be prepared than never" I wave my hand as I headed to the plains.

As I started walking, I compiled all the data I gathered yesterday at the Tavern. Seems like wild chicken usually stays near plains as I head off. When I arrived I notice several chickens.

"Hmmmm.... white, black, red, brown and mix. Well, I need 10 chicken guess I need a pair of each color" I slowly took out the bait compose of corn, seeds, and rice from the old farmer. I slowly walk away and build the traps.

"Perfect~ now all I need is to gather 10 lumber in the forest while the traps is in work" While I left around 10 chicken traps I headed to the forest. Luckily my weapon is a large axe so it’s perfect for making lumber.

The scenery was nice and the sounds of the birds chirping. As my mood elevates I started humming a random song about chickens and corns.

As I arrived deeper in the forest, large trees can be seen. Because of that their leaves covering the sunlight, it was a bit dark. “Wow~, seems like a ghost might appear, hope some strong monsters will pop up~” I stared at the large trees thinking while crossing my arms, “I don’t really want to hurt Mother Nature….”

“Ah, That’s Right! I heard that old large trees will hinder the growth of the younger trees, so I just to find to old trees which I will cut.” I smiled and walk around finding old trees ready for cutting.

“Oh, I found one~” I take my stance and gather strength in my arms while holding the large axe both hand aiming at the trunk of the tree. I concentrated all the energy in my body.

“DIEEEEE!!!!” I shouted as I swing my axe full force towards the tree. The tree falls on the ground with a loud thud. I cut the upper part of the tree to make into a lumber. I decided to use my shield as a trolley by attaching two small logs underneath it as wheels. Then securing the lumber on it with vines I gathered from the surroundings.

…..
    …….. Several minutes later

“It seems like this will be the last one,” I said as I watch the tree fall to the ground. Because it was the biggest tree it created a loud thud making the birds chirp and fly away.

ROAAARRRRR!!!!!

“…!?” surprised I look around and see a big brown bear with a scar on his left eye. It seems I frighten it with my actions. Quickly it runs towards me and raises his right claw to hit me. ‘Dammit, my shield is still a trolley now’

“Heh…” I grin and swiftly raise my axe to block it and push his paw away. I punch the bear with my right arm staggering it. Then kicking it with full force pushing it away. The bear hit his back in the nearest tree and with that impact, it falls down. I raised my axe preparing to cut its head off.

Then suddenly I heard whimpering. I notice bear cubs hiding in the bushes, looking back and fro between the bear and the cub. ‘It seems the bear was she and a mother..?’ I slowly put down my axe a slowly walks away. The mother bear was just trying to defend its cub seeing me as an enemy.

At a fair distance feeling guilty, I slightly bowed my body and silently whisper Sorry…
    I hastily search for my black notebook with golden dragon design which contains my notes of basic magic chants. Chanting a basic healing magic spell that I found, I directed it to the mother bear.

“…..” the mother bear looks silently towards and walks away together with her cubs.
    “Sigh~ I messed up…” I slowly walk towards the last lumber and attached it with the other completing 10 lumbers. I drag it until I reach outside the forest, moving towards the chicken traps I left behind.

I gathered the chickens and tie their legs with the vein and put them above the pile of lumbers. When I notice that there was an extra chicken. I decided to release it and move away a bit. Then suddenly….

Slip…

“Ugh…” I trip and fall face flat in the grass. As to take advantage, the chicken quickly jumps towards my back making himself comfortable.

‘WHY!!!!! Are you that angry for not picking you!!!?’
    I inwardly shouted. Jinchick.jpg
    Delta Town|#GE2|E-Ranked|Clean Barnacles from hull [40 G]
    Delta Town|#GE3|E-Ranked|Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet]

[Day 5, Saturday]

"Wow what a nice weather!!" I exclaimed while slightly covering my eyes with my right hand due to the sunlight. I started searching for a large ship to clean barnacles from the Ship's hull.

“Excuse Sir, I’m here on a quest to clean barnacles” I politely said while bowing.
    “Pfft~ hahaha, your wearing full armor just to go cleaning hahaha” a sailor laughs
    “Shut up imbecile, sorry about that kid… Well, you can go proceed to clean the hull but hurry up cause we are going to go cruising at 1:00 pm. Some rich noble ladies rent the ship…” an uncle said with impressive mustache with a captain outfit.
    "No worries, I'll finish it quickly." I put a thumbs up. "Can I also go with you guys when you set sail, I also need to hunt some Tuna”
    “Hahaha, of course… no problem. Just give me one tuna too Hohohoo~” the captain laughs while hitting my back.

I quickly un-equip my armor, wearing only leather underclothes. I started securing the rope to slide down cleaning off barnacles from the ships’ hull. As time pass by, soon the noble ladies arrived.

“Wait!! look at that guy so creepy~” *points at Jin
    “Wow~ what kind of cleaner where helmet why cleaning?” *covers her mouth
    “Such untasteful fashion sense” *flap his fan
    ‘Ugh~ they arrive earlier it still 12:00 noon’ I was a bit irritated by their remarks but decided to stay silent. Ignoring those spoiled brats, I continue cleaning the ships’ hull.

“Hohoho~ esteemed customers it seems you’re a bit early,” the captain said.
    “Hmmm… who’s that guy with that creepy fan” one of the girls pointed out at me?
    The Ship Captain started to talk about me to the noble ladies. I could hear them mocking them peeking a glance at me.

Finally, I finish cleaning all the Barnacles, feeling very satisfied I finish the quest.
    The captain pats my back, “Hohoho~ you did a perfect job the hull seems like brand new…” *cough cough. “You don’t mind but will you take off your helm not to be rude but it’s disturbing the guest,” the captain said with a bit sorry expression.

I got a bit irritated almost triggering the Sadism Special Skill. I inhaled deeply and adjusted my helm. ‘Well, it would be fine for a short them right…?’

As I took off helm showing my face. The noble ladies were in a wide shock, it made me smirk. Since my clothes are a bit dirty from cleaning and I have to catch 5 speedy Tunas. I started to take my leather armor, only wearing shorts. The noble ladies' eyes widen more that it seems like it will fall out.

I giggled “Hmmm..? this is alright… right?” I throw the gentlest smile. Making the ladies swoon.
    I quickly turn my gaze away embarrassed, ‘Why the hell I said that? Am I trying to flirt..?’ blush

The ship started to set sail. I prepared the fishing pole I borrowed from the old farmer and take out the bait. When I started fishing, I could feel some intense gaze, it’s giving me a shiver. ‘Why do I feel like I’m going to be eaten alive..?’
    Suddenly I was pulled by towards the sea.

Splash
    ‘What the..? wait that is shark… it seems it was attracted by the Tuna’
    I hurriedly decided to plan but ‘Dammit my consciousness is blurring, can breathe… Am I going die..?’ I started sinking and for a few minutes, I notice something. A white creature slowly arrives as I faint.

……

I slowly open my eyes, I saw a cherry red lips coming closer to my face. The eyelashes were pretty long and attractive. White hair looks so alluring as it falls, it reminded me of someone...

‘Wait this is not the time to be in trance!!’ I swiftly stand up pointing speechlessly towards the woman.
    “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!” I shouted while flailing my arms pointing to the suspect blushing.
    Akkihime.png She was sitting so she gently raises her head, tilting it. ‘CUTEEEE~’ I shouted inwardly. Looking at her face remind me someone, 'Wait isn’t she…!'

“Akkihime what are you trying to do earlier!”
    “Ummm..? CPR?” tilting her head to the other side
    “WHAAATTTT!!!” she’s just tried to kiss me!! “You….!!!” blushing furiously.
    “But I heard from Big Brother, you were unconscious so…” she held her hand
    *Cough cough “No it’s not your fault, thanks for saving me” I look away, “Umm why are you here”
    She smiled sweetly, “Little brother invited me to go swimming....”
    “Oiii~” that yandere!?
    She played with his fingers, “But I went a bit overboard and swam far away…”
    “Oiii~” so you left your yandere and go way
    She gives the brightest smile “Then I saw you being drowning, so I quickly save you”

“…..!” my face was bright red and I clenched my chest. ‘Ughhh my heart… this adorable creature! What a sinful woman. Are you trying to plant a capture flag on me? You already have your reverse harem from the blood related big brother Deredere, self-proclaimed little brother Yandere, adopted brother Kuudere, butler Dandere, and Kuudere’s rival Oujidere. 'Wait!! Am I going to be captured as the Tsundere(Type B)!’

“Are you alright…?” she looks worriedly at me. I finally started to notice she was wearing a swimsuit. Looking at the surrounding we are on the beach and there were other people.

I quickly pulled a towel that I found and throw it at her face, gazing away with a flushed face. I started to draw a magic circle towards the sand beach.

“Hmm..? what are doing” she kneels down while watching.
    “I’m gonna get my equipment that is still in the Ship, this magic circle is teleportation magic I create when I was a kid. I have imprinted specific magic circle on my stuff even if it’s far away, it will be automatically be teleported to this magic circle. I create it in whim because I always forgot where I put my stuff and it has no name.” After I finish the magic circle, I bit my blood and drop it to the center while concentrating my mana. My stuff teleported, sadly I didn’t mark the tuna so I’m back to zero I sigh.

“What wrong..?” she titled her head.
    “I still need to get 5 Speedy Tunas sigh~”
    “Oh~ maybe I can help”
    “Gee.. than- …?” I look at her and then my eyes filled with shock. The towel I given to her is covering her face, not her body. Her face was all covered and only his golden are seen. ‘Sigh~ this woman... why is she still adorable even she does stupid things.’

“Baka…” I flick her forehead as I move to the sea. She started following me and swim towards the ocean. We started catching the speedy tuna, it was quick but with her help it was easy, and thus I completed catching 5 speedy tuna. It was fun cause I was not alone.

Little that I know I just triggered my death flag. I should have learned to keep away from popular women.
    Delta Town|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Water Spiders [100 G]
    Delta Town|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Flesh Leeches [130 G]

[Day 6, Sunday]

I headed to the nearest stream to hunt 10 water spiders and flesh leeches. Fully equip, I started humming having a great mood. When I reach my destination, the forest was cool and dark. The sound of water flowing in the stream sounds nice. Then I notice water spiders and flesh leeches.

“Yes! Yes! This is what I want a hunting quest” I hurriedly run towards the prey mowing them down. "DIE! DIE!” with a precise movement, I hit the flesh leeches. Because I was wearing full body armor the leeches can’t affect me. After finishing the 5 leeches, I proceed to target the water spiders. Then suddenly I heard footsteps.

“Who's there..?” I stand still looking for the person.
    “HEY! HEY! Jin-tan~♪” a young man arrives wearing dark clothes.
    “Wait! Why are you here..?” I pointed towards the man, ‘YANDERE-san!!!’
    “I heard you have some good time with my adorable sister~♪” he grinned.
    ".....!" I feel my hair-raising.
    Kuro.png "Well~ well~ won't you please die♪ " dark dust suddenly slips out from his body and form into multiple blades. Without hesitation, it flies toward me.

"Damn.. tche" I clicked my tongue and tried to judge his attack. I didn't talk cause I know this guy won't listen all. But it was hard shielding and dodging those projectiles especially when he can control them like a homing device. This will be a difficult battle since I know this guy is stronger than me. He's a literal bug demon on the same level of a demon lord.

"Hehehe, I'm going to cut your tongue that spoke to her… Scoop your eyes that look at her… Cut your ears for hearing her voice… and Skin you for touching her~♪” he said in teasing voice. His attack is precise and aimed at the gaps of my armor and shield. As if toying with me he avoided the vitals and just leave small would that cause bleeding. His face was full of ecstasy showing a creepy grin.

'This won't do, I might bleed to death... but I need to finish the quest'
    I lamented.
    'Wait..! that right...! I should use this to my advantage' I keep on blocking some of the attacks and reflecting it towards the water spiders. I can't slay the water spiders while defending so might use that bastard to eliminate them.

"Ugh..." I fall into my knees breathing harshly while bleeding.
    "Hehehe.. oh Jin~♪, seems like you can't take anymore♪" he grinned while laughing.
    "I might lose the battle but I have won the war..." I snorted.
    "Hmmmm~ what do you by that...?" he looks puzzled and stared at me.

"....!? Oh? that's right" he said with a pleasant surprised while clapping. "You're here to do some quest. Hahaha did you just use me even if you are close to dead" he laughs out loud while raising his face towards the sky covered with his right arm.

"Ah~♪, you really are a fun guy, rude, arrogant, naive and dense hahaha"
    'Sorry about that, but looks who's talking' I grimaced.
    "Hey.. you're really suited to be one of us. Why don't you die now and reborn into a demon" he smiled opening his two arms.
    "Tche~ In your dreams..." I said while coughing blood.
    "Don't say that~ I don't mind you being a concubine to my sister" He smiled widely.
    "TO HELL WITH THAT!!!!" I shouted angrily.

I was able to slay 10 water spiders even with the weird encounter. But I don’t know how I survive that cursed bug monster. I would etch in my mind that never get close to women who have yandere suitor. *shivers​

Note:
    - Found 10 chicken feathers
    - 5 meter rope made from vines
    - 1 colorful seashell
    @brasca123

OOC: Sorry went kinda to overboard there... tehe~

Hatchy and shad12ow like this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs] and
    Delta Town|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Lumber [100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]
    Delta Town|#GE2|E-Ranked|Clean Barnacles from hull [40 G]
    Delta Town|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Water Spiders [100 G]
    Delta Town|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Flesh Leeches [130 G]
    ===================================================
    "Ah-ah-ah-ah! Wha-wha-what happened to-to-" *cough cough cough* "to... To you!?

What should Hikari do what should Hikari do!? Ah!" *cough cough* "The doctor! Hikari should call the doctor, just wait a bit!"

*hurriedly runs away and calls a doctor to treat him*
    *gets to read the report after he is taken away for healing*

That was scary... Uhn... Hikari thinks she should- *cough cough* appraise the report in the meanwhile...

Uhum... Okay... Oh, right, his name was Jin... Good thing- *cough cough cough* he wrote it on the report... Things seems to be fine though, so Hikari will just send a letter to- *cough cough* his room on the guild's hospital telling Jin-san that he can take the rewards of 470G, 5 Eggs, 3 Wooden Plans and 1 Speedy Tuna Fillet when Jin-san gets better...

Hikari hopes Jin-san gets- *cough cough* better without many issues...

((Eh? Overboard on what though? Things seemed mostly fine?

I giggled at the name Akkihime... >.>))

JinVodka and shad12ow like this.
  11. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I thought it was pretty long especially the beach quest.. seems it's fine might continue writing it like it))
    ((Hahaha that name is created when I was still high school. It was supposed to Akkimei which means Demon Sprout but my lil' sister started calling her Akkihime so I went for it hahaha))

12. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE6|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Wandering Rabbits [50 G]
    Great Plain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel]
    North Mountain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 30 Cliff Goat [150 G]
    North Mountain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 3 Yeti Skins [120G | 1 x Yeti Fur]

Inside a cave in the middle of the Great Plains, some shouts and sounds of metal clashing could be heard.

[Haaaa!] (Eris)

[Why are you shouting, Eris? Is this necessary?] (P)

[Shut up, girly!] (Eris)

The metal clashing sounds came from Eris and Grom, that were currently sparring in the outermost part of the cave we made base. Eris was wearing some simple clothes together with an leather armor rather than the dress that I summoned before for we to use.

She held a short sword clumsily and tried to hit Grom, that deflected her attacks without much efforts. If this fight was serious, she would be long dead. But I can’t really blame her, since I’m also as weak as her and this is their first sparring session.

After some minutes of being pushed back, Eris raised her hand and surrendered.

[Damn… this is hard.] (Eris)

[Nobody told that it would be easy~] (P)

[And you seems to be enjoying yourself. Why don’t try too?] (Eris)

[Sorry, that’s impossible for me...] (P)

We smiled at each other as we joked around. Grom, on other hand, looked a bit disappointed and went to spar with Metch, the goblin swordsman.

[So, anything new?] (Eris)

[Ah, give a look at this.] (P)

I showed her the amount of mana we had stored. It had increased a bit since last time, and was already a bit past 900.

[Wait, how?] (Eris)

[As I said, this is a place linked to a mana vein. If we leave the core alone here, it’ll naturally absorb mana. This is how normal dungeons should work, instead of hunting down things to devour.] (P)

[So, we’ll leave this when we go out to do quests?] (Eris)

[Maybe, but it would make things complicated if we wanted to use the dungeon functions.] (P)

According to my tests, it’s impossible to evolve, summon or even check the informations of a monster without being near the core. Thus we needed to carry the core for the time being.

While we were talking about that, a goblin approached us and spoke.

“Ladies, the goblins found some traces of slimes. Should we investigate?” (Hatch)

The one that came to report was Hatch, the archer goblin that had a good vision. He was the one leading the training of the scouts in the small group.

But, in any case, slimes, huh? Does that mean that those weren’t the only ones? Well, we have yet to explore the rest of the cave, so there might really be more.

Me and Eris followed Hatch, together with Metch, the spear goblin, and the golem. The rest of the goblins were either resting or sparring, and Gen was talking something with our mage goblin, Lela.

We went further on the cave, until we reached the end of it, a dead end. There, we found another, and probably the last, nest of slimes. Just that, mixed with the others, were some completely translucent slimes.

When the slimes noticed us, the translucent slimes started making their bodies change colors slightly and the slimes gathered around they. It seems like they are able to command the other slimes like this.

Hatch started shooting arrows at them, but, following the color changing slimes orders, the slimes started to dodge. He smiled dryly and looked at us, asking for help.

Metch charged with his spear, followed closely by Eris and the golem. I wasn’t really wanting to fight, but I followed them soon after.

Despite the rough start, as always the slimes were an easy prey. The color changing ones remembered the description given for the rainbow slimes, so I created some jars to store their gel. Five jars filled to the brim and what remained was the two other puddles of rainbow slime gel and the puddle made of the rest of the common slimes. I had the orb eat the remainings.

Surprisingly, the rainbow slimes gave quite the amount of mana. It made me a bit hesitant about handing the five jars, but since it was a quest…

[This seems to be the end of the cave.] (Eris)

When I finished gathering things, Eris commented.

[It’s a bit small for a dungeon, no?] (Eris)

[Yeah, but we just have to expand~] (P)

[Oh, and how you plan to do it?] (Eris)

[Easy. Let me show you.] (P)

I opened the Monster Creation option and started summoning ten goblins. After that, I summoned ten pickaxes, one for each.

[We could use mana to expand, but I think is easier to use both mana and physical help. So, I’ll have the third stay here to build while the goblins follow his orders and dig to help the process.] (P)

[That’s a good idea… but didn’t you said that it would ‘make things complicated if we wanted to use the dungeon functions’?] (Eris)

[Yeah, but as long as we don’t need to use, everything will be good.] (P)

As decided, our next expedition would be without the orb, that would remain to work in the building. And the objective now was the northern mountains.

Four goblins, one kobold, one golem and two humans. That was the group that departed to our next quest. We left Miha, the goblin lancer, behind to train the goblins and overlook the dungeon building. Though I think that the Third would be enough.

The objective now was the mountains that were northeast from the Frontier Village. It was regrettable that we had to walk all the way there. Well, it was possible to summon some of those giant lizards that the lizardman from before was using, but they’re too expensive.

We started our travel going to east from Frontier Village, walking through the plains. The scenery was quite pleasant to look so the travel was mostly enjoyable.

While we were traveling, the goblins spotted some monsters from afar, but we decided to not pursue them. Though we hunted quite the amount of rabbits for the quest and to eat.

Talking about that, I discovered recently that those weren’t common rabbits, but Wandering Rabbits. The difference lays on their reproductive ability. They’re faster than normal ones to reproduce themselves, so, if left alone, they can become a plague. That must be why the guild issues slaying quests for them…

In any case, rabbit meat is really good! Now that I have my human body back, I was able to eat some of the cooked rabbit that the goblins were eating on the quests before.

From Eris’ expression, I can say that she’s enjoying it as well. Rather, she seems really glad for it, to the point of crying about it. She’s strange sometimes~.

The travel continued peacefully until a bit past noon, after we had our lunch, when we found a group of goblins. Different from the ones we fought before in the camps, those seemed way weaker and unorganized.

Grom was about to rush at them when I stopped him, raising my hand.

[We’ll handle those! Don’t worry~] (P)

He stared at me seriously, but then nodded, folding his arms. I thanked him wordlessly and looked at Eris, that was already pulling her short sword. The weapon I took out from the item box was a short staff made of hardwood.

We dashed in the goblins’ direction while holding our weapons ready. They were a bit slower to notice us, and only reacted when the head of one of them flew after his neck met with Eris’ sword.

The goblins shrieked in awe at their friend’s death. Or rather, in awe of the person that killed him. Different from our goblins, those had just a bit more than 100 cm. They were even smaller than me. And in comparison, Eris’ body towered over them since she was 194 cm tall. Immediately, all the goblins’ shifted their attention to her, that was a giant in their eyes, instead of me.

Taking the chance, I started beating the ones that were on the back, while Eris reaped the life of the ones in the front, either with her sword or throwing kicks at them. She seemed to be enjoying herself doing it.

The fight didn’t last long and we quickly stored the corpses on my Item Box and continued travel. By the night, we arrived at the border of the mountain range. From this point onward we would be heading north-northeast. Of course, we would wait until the morning to do so. Exploring the mountain at night was an experience I could let for when I’m stronger, maybe.

The morning came, and we started climbing up by using some mountain trails. I thought it would take some time until we found what we were looking for, but we didn’t even climbed that high when a herd of goats climbing the side of the mountain slowly in some heaven defying footings.

I wonder how they even stay like that, or climb?

In any case, we decided to start the hunt. For my surprise, they were quite quick even though their footing was bad. As soon as the arrows and magics flew and downed with the first goats, the rest climbed up the mountain faster than what we expected, and we ended up only getting about 7 in the first attack. After that, we continued climbing more the mountain and slaying goats when we came across them.

When we were a bit past halfway up the mountain, we found some yeti corpses in the ground. The snow around was red, but there hadn’t any marks of heavy fights, even though the yetis were huge, meaning that whatever killed them, killed fast enough for them to not put resistance.

We skinned them silently and stored the rest in the Item Box while ignoring the huge footprints near the place the corpses were. The travel back was faster than what we planned, but it’s not like we were afraid, or anything….
    10 Goblin corpses;
    20 Slime Cores;
    5 Jars of Rainbow Slime Jelly;
    3 Yeti skins;
    3 Yeti Skinned corpses;
    31 Goat corpses;
    20 Wandering rabbit corpses;
    Many 'nope's to whatever killed those yetis.

@brasca123

[OOC] I managed to make it short~!
    But the next will probably be longer...

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel]
    North Mountain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 30 Cliff Goat [150 G]
    North Mountain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 3 Yeti Skins [120G | 1 x Yeti Fur]
    ==========================================
    "We-welcome back uhn... Hikari isn't-" *cough cough* "used to you yet... Could Hikari check the card?" *sees it*

"Oh, right! It's Laura-san and Eris-san! Hikari forgot-" *cough cough cough* "that you both aren't on the golem anymore!

Uhum, the quests seem nicely done, though the-" *coughs* "thing that killed the yeti seems scary... Hopefully it isn't too dangerous.

Laura-san and Eris-san's reward will-" *cough cough* "be of 540G, 1 Yeti Fur and 1 Rainbow Gel!

Keep up the good work!" ^^)/

14. Irradiate

Reading List:
    Link
    As I receive the quest, I start to head towards the nearest lake. As I move forward, my Dynamos start to go under my feet and hover over the ground. 'This will probably be faster.' I silently think. I keep moving forward as I hover over the ground towards the lake.

Five minutes later...
    As I reach the intended location to fish for the [Speedy Tunas], I look around at my surroundings. I can hear the water as the wind displaces its surface and the chirping of birds in their nests. After admiring the natural scenery, I start to do the task at hand. 'Dynamo, scan the lake for [Speedy Tunas].' I silently thought. As if to answer my wishes, my Dynamos start heading towards the lake and start to go the opposite direction of one another to maximize the area they can scan. After 10 seconds, my Dynamos came back and the scanned information begins to be uploaded directly into my mind. After sorting out the unnecessary information, I step on top of the lake at the same moment my Dynamos go under my feet to keep me from falling in and start hovering over to the other side of the lake as it had the highest concentration of the [Speedy Tuna] that I need for my quest.

As I step off of my Dynamos, I take out a fishing rod, an empty bucket, and some odd looking fish bait from my [Item Box] that I received from an old fisherman on the way to the lake since I had asked him which lake had the highest population of [Speedy Tuna] was located at. After pointing me to a relatively large lake, I start to head towards it when I was stopped and given the items and told that I can keep them even after finishing the quest. I grab a piece of the bait and put it on the hook. 'Now... how do you do this again?' I mumble to myself as this is the first time I have ever fished, even during my travels. "I guess practice makes perfect." I silently say to myself as I start to figure out how to properly use the fishing rod.

Eight hours later...
    I start turning the reel towards myself as the rod was bent, indicating that a fish had eaten the bait. Although it was fierce and tugging at the line trying to get its food, it was no match for me who had practiced for six hours on how to properly use the fishing rod, without its hook getting caught on something behind me... is what I'd like to say. I start turning the reel faster as to not lose the fish its holding on to. Though I did practice and learn how to use the fishing rod itself, I had not practiced how to actually reel the fish who had bitten the bait. After a tough and long struggle, I lift up the rod to reveal the caught fish, [Speedy Tuna]. I unhook its lips and proceed to throw it into the bucket which was already filled with four more [Speedy Tuna]. "Finally... that was the last one I needed." I say. I look inside the bucket and see lifeless eyes of the fish I had caught looking back at me. I ignored it and stood back up. 'I guess I'll head back and report its completion.' I thought to myself. I put the fishing rod and bait bucket into my [Item Box], step on my Dynamos and start hovering towards the Receptionist Desk whilst carrying the bucket with the [Speedy Tuna].

10 minutes later...
    I place the bucket on top of the desk whilst waiting for the quest completion confirmation.

- 1x [Fishing Rod] obtained
    - 1x [Bait Bucket] obtained
    - [Fishing (I)] skill learned

@brasca123

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ===========================================
    "Welcome back uhn..." *peeks at his card* "Chronos-san!

Uhum, it seems like-" *cough cough* "there were no problems, those dynamos are quite practical for sure! Nicely done! The reward is of 80G and the Speedy Tuna Fillet!

Keep up the-" *coughs* "good job!" ^^)/

Irradiate likes this.
  16. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yahooo!!" Jin jumps and skips as he walk towards the Receptionist Desk smiling widely. "Here's the Report!!"
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [70 G]

[Day 7, Monday]

Another day for questing, I walk towards the location passing the farmlands.
    "Oh~ Jin another quest today," one farmer said
    "Ah Yes just regular subjugation quest..." I shouted while passing by.
    "Oh take care" "Always be on guard" "We wish you luck!!" the farmers shouted.
    I just wave my hand as I head to the Great Plains.​

..........Slay 20 Slimes part 1

I need to slay 20 slimes, the problem is they are immune to physical attack but are prone to magic. They have a core inside them which is similar to a heart, but inside that soft jelly is an acid which they used to digest food. I don't want to use my ax even if it's sturdy, cleaning it afterward is a pain. But this is no problem at all, I took a book in my breast plate and raise it above.

"Handy Dandy Notebook!!" I laugh shortly before coughing out of embarrassment. This book contains all my knowledge about magic in my childhood days.

I search a magic spell that I can use and studied it.
    "Oh fireball seems nice and it's pretty simple" I search for a slime and proceed to try it.
    "FIREBALL!!" I shouted while aiming to the slime causing it to burn dead. I use this magic for 5 times killing 5 slimes. I feel exhausted from using magic due to not using it for many years.

Huff Huff

"Geez, this is tiring... I guess I need to recover my mana points so I won't get tired. Plus, this will take time aiming one by one" I started to rest and think of a quick method. Slimes eat any living things and the favorite is meat. I need to gather some bait for the slimes. I decided to sly 10 Goblins and use its corpse to bait the slimes.​

.......Slaying 10 Goblins part

As I walk I notice Goblins peeking at me. It seems like they can't attack me cause they feel intimidated by my presence. The Goblins are monitoring each my actions and waiting for an opening.

I decided to sit down and act like I was camping by starting a fire. When they saw this, they immediately take action and aim arrows at me. I quickly take action by blocking with my shield and throwing my ax to the one Goblin Archer. I quickly run forward pulling the ax and swinging it killing 2 more which was close to the Goblin Archer.

"KYAKKK!! strong human!!"
    "KYAK! no, it's a demon RUN!!"

The other Goblins ran away. I silently followed their trails and see more goblins which counted to 10. It seems the one goblin saw me and tried to run away. "KYAKKK!! the demon is here"

"STAY!!!" I used my [Devitalizing Howl] which stunned the Goblins which cause some of them to fall on the ground. I didn't hesitate but slaughter them killing all 10 Goblins. I exceeded the amount of Goblins to kill but it can't be help.

I remembered about Grom which is the summoned Goblin of Ara[Paradise] from the guild who have given me food[which were amazing in a way]. I decided to pray for the souls of the Goblins I killed and buried them instead. I proceed to search of Orcs as slime bait.​

.......Slaying 10 Orc part

There are two types of Orcs which are K-type or J-type. K-type Orcs are more handsome and fearsome, they are an epitome of manliness. While J-type Orcs are obese humans with pig head and pretty ugly to look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have some friends who are K Orcs so I decide to kill J Orcs instead. J Orcs from what I research stole food from the farmlands and very gluttonous that they are destroying the ecosystem.

I search for a place with many fruits or berries. As I search I see orcs eating some fruits from the trees not even leaving one behind. There was even another one just lying down waiting for the fruit to fall. I started to move slowly towards them.

"HUMAN HUMAN!! oik"
    "oik SMELLS DELICOUS"
    "MEAT MEAT MEAT oik!!!"
    The 6 orcs started to run toward me while drooling. I jump and dodge the other orc which seems diving towards me and I swing my ax to its head. I started to target their necks with precision and cut it off. I use my shield to block and push the last Orc making it fall then stab it.

Suddenly.... I heard footsteps, when I look behind I see 5 Orcs drooling. They started to run, I ready my shield but to my disgust they ignore me. The Orcs started to eat the dead Orcs I killed.

"What the hell..?" I was shocked, that they are so gluttonous they won't even hesitate to eat their dead comrades. While they are busy eating the Orc corpse, I reluctantly cut their head off and sometimes stab their head.

I slowly drag the 11 bodies of the orcs in a pit to lure slimes. I cut some of the orc's arms and lead a trail of blood so the slimes will be attracted to the pit. While I wait, I shall hunt for some Boar Warriors.​

.....Slay 5 Boar Warriors

As I left the slime trap, I started to search for Boar Warriors. As the name implies they have human body with boar head covered with brown hair all over their body. Unlike J Orcs, Boar Warriors have weapons and stronger with tusk they sometimes use to ram their enemy.
    [​IMG]
    I search for Boar Warriors which has taken me a lot of time.
    "Sigh~ It would be nice to have scout while hunting," I said.

After several minutes I finally see 2 Boar Warriors bullying 2 Kobold child. There many types of Kobolds: Dogface and Lizard-face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The two Kobold child were dog types and are shivering with fear. The difference of the dog-types Kobold between Beast men where that Kobold has smaller structure and weaker race.

"Hey this Kobold is too scrawny they don't look appetizing at all," a Boar warrior with the longsword said while stepping on the Kobold boy's body.
    "Kekeke just take them back to the camp, children meat are still delicious" the other Boar Warrior with an ax, he proceeds to pick up the girl Kobold child ears and started to drag it away.
    sob sob "Please spare us... it hurts please" the Kobold girl beg in tears.
    "Let go of my sister!!" the boy Kobold shouted as he tried to stand up and save his sister.
    "Shut Up Mutt!! let's just kill this male one it looks dirty" the Boar Warrior with longsword kick the boy Kobold hard.

Seeing that event send chills down my spine, suddenly I feel anger well up inside me.
    [Sadism Skill is triggered: Stats is increased, Torture skill is unlocked, Pain Tolerance increase, Guilt is decreased. Duration is 2 min by judging the severity of enemies' sin, the target is 2.]
    [Total duration: 4 minutes]​

Without hesitation, I jump forward blocking the Boar Warrior from the boy Kobold.
    "What the, who are you...?" a boar warrior with a longsword pointed at me.
    "Who cares just kill that bastard," another Boar warrior said angrily swing his ax at me. Silently with no emotion, I blocked his ax with my shield and push it away. Then, I slice his left arm disarming him.

"GAAAHHHH!! it hurts" the boar warrior screamed.
    I slowly approach piercing his thigh and cutting the other legs. Slowly I tormented the Boar Warrior while slicing it finely while it screams in agony. After 2 minutes it slowly died due to blood-loss. I tilt my head and look at the other boar warrior while my red eyes show a light.

"DEMON!!!!!" the boar warrior with longsword let go of the girl Kobold and started to run away. I chased it since my stats increase due to the skill being triggered I was almost able to reach him. When suddenly 3 more Boar Warriors appeared in my sight blocking the path.

tche
    "Piss Off!!" I shouted using [Devitalizing Howl]. While surrounded by the 3 Boar Warriors that are stunned due to my voice skill. I rotated 360 degrees slicing them into half separating their upper body from their lower body.

[1 minute left]​

"This bastard!!" I notice the last Boar warrior escaping far away. I proceed to take a stance and gathered all my mana into the tip of my ax. With all my power I throw my ax similar to how spear/javelin are thrown. "DIEEEEEEEE"

"....Ugh!" the Boar warrior was hit by the ax in its stomach creating a big hole. Blood splatter everywhere.

Huff huff

"Argh my head hurt..." I slowly stand up and see what happened as the skill deactivated.
    "Shit... I lose my mind again" I lamented to what happened but decided that those bastard deserve it.
    I counted the dead 5 Boar Warriors completing the quest.

I proceed to see if the Kobold children are safe...
    "Are you guys alright...?" I said to two children who are scared. I notice that the boy Kobold can't move due his injury.

"I'm not dangerous..." I tried to persuade them while taking my notebook
    sob sob "Please don't kill us" the little girl Kobold cried while hugging her brother.
    'Guess they are scared from my appearance covered with blood' I proceeded to take off my helmet and give them a reassuring smile. "Don't worry I'm here to help"

Seeing my gentle face, the children Kobold started to trust me. Then I open my notebook and search for a healing, cleansing, and rejuvenating spell.

[Healing spell]
    is for the Kobold's wound, [Cleansing Spell] is for germs that might lead to infection and [Rejuvenating Spell] to recover their energy.

I started chanting and the children Kobolds' wound started to heal and their face full of energy. But because of this, I fell on my knees tired.

"Sigh~ do I need to refresh my mana points? just for an elementary support spell, I'm already exhausted."
    "Umm mister are you alright" the girl Kobold ask.
    "Yes, I'm fine just need to rest a bit," I said while trying to wear my helm.
    "MISTER!! THAT WAS COOL!!!" the boy Kobold shouted. "HEY HEY~ WHAT'S YOUR NAME?? MY NAME IS BERNARD WHILE MY SISTER IS SANIE" wagging his tail energetically.
    [​IMG]
    'Why are you so hyper' I almost staggered, "Name's Jin Vodka"
    "MASTER VODKA!!!! HEY HEY~ YOU LOOK TIRED, COME TO OUR VILLAGE!!" Bernard said while pulling my arm. The little girl Sanie just silently followed us.

I arrived at the Askian Village, there many dog Kobolds working around. Their house was made with straws and was not the extravagant but very simple. Seeing the different Kobolds around excite me cause their appearance was so adorable.

"Elder~ elder~ this man save our lives!!!" Bernard said pulling me towards the old Kobold.
    "Oh.. hello there, we thank you for saving the children" he bows.
    "No worries about, I just did what I had to" I reach out trying to stop him from bowing too low.
    "Oh, why don't you come with us let's have some meal" the elder guide me.
    [​IMG]
    The Elder Kobold introduce himself as Schnauzer while the meal was being prepared. When the meal arrived, it tasted a bit stale. They only have grass porridge and there is not even meat that can see. Because it's already night time the Kobolds ask me to stay and rest for the day. I reluctantly accepted their persuasion seeing their tail keep on wagging.​

[Day 8, Tuesday]

..... [Slay 15 Kobolds]

"I'm sorry... is the food is not to your liking" Schnauzer bows his head again looking gloomy.
    "No no no don't worry about, It's alright. But I can't help to notice many Kobolds are thin and malnourished. Do you have any problem with food?" I quickly asked.
    "Ah~ yes, sadly some rogue Kobolds are asking for food as payment for protection. because of that our food storage is almost gone sigh~." Schnauzer said with a sad face.
    "Please elaborate" I turned serious from the discussion.

In summary, the 20 Kobolds who called themselves Greyhound suddenly arrived in the Village. Since the people of Askian were peace loving Kobolds, they were bullied and threaten to pay food for protection against other predators. Sadly, they keep asking for more till the barn is almost empty leaving the residents starving. That's why the two Kobold children were caught by the Boar Warrior cause they went outside their territory to search for food.

I volunteer in dealing with the Greyhound Kobolds. I ask the children to point the way and enter the place alone. I see 20 Kobolds enjoying meat barbecue laughing and drinking alcohol. They were startled when they notice me and gathered around me.

"Oi oi~ this guy look like turtle"
    "Mister Knight are you lost, then you should piss off"
    "Yes yes~ this is the Greyhound territory if you don't leave we have to kill you"
    "Kekekeke"

I snorted, "I'm here to kindly ask you guys to leave Askian Village"
    "Oh~ if we're gone who will protect the village you idiot~"
    I grinned, "I'm more than enough..." while leaning my large ax to my shoulder.
    "This cocky bastard.... Kekeke let's see what you got but don't expect that you will leave alive" one of Kobold said with mocking voice.

The Kobolds started to run towards me while laughing. I swiftly throw my shield to the of Kobolds it with force crushing the Kobold's skull.

"This idiot just throw his shield away kekeke" one of the Kobold pointed out and swing his sword towards me. I dodge it by jumping high above going to the center of the Kobolds encirclement. As I fall I swing my ax downwards cutting the Kobold below into half. The Kobolds surrounding me stagger and was full blood. I grinned and gathered all my mana towards my ax.

"CYCLONE!!" I shouted as I started to rotate 360 degrees while holding my breath. Like a spinning top all the Kobolds I pass where cut and end up dying. After several minutes of spinning around, I stop noticing that 15 Kobolds already die, while 3 are wounded and 2 were unarmed scared.

"PISS OFF!!" I shouted scaring the last Kobolds making them run for their lives.
    "Hmmm... that took a lot of time" suddenly I realized, "Damn!! I left the slime trap I made" I facepalm.
    I run with haste towards the slime pit.​

...... [Slay 20 Slimes part 2]

As I arrive at the slime trap, I see many slimes have fallen into the pit. I counted about 16 slimes digesting eating the Orc corpse. I smiled at that site and feel relieved. I proceed to take my notebook and chanting the strongest fire spell I have.

"Hellfire", the pit started to burn from the ground rising to the sky.
    "Burn into ashes" I whisper as I marvel at the view of the large fire burning and killing all the slimes. Suddenly, I feel dizzy from mana exhaustion. I sit down and meditate to absorb the mana in my surrounding and recover. I killed 5 slimes yesterday and 16 today, totaling of 21 slimes.

I started to stand and read the last quest, "......!" what written shock me.
    "NOOOOOOO!!!!!" I kneeled on the ground devastated like my life was taken out of me.

What written was [Slay 20 Wandering Rabbits]

...... [Slay 20 Wandering Rabbits]

I drag my unwilling body towards the plains where the Wandering Rabbits are.
    "CUTEEEEE!!!!" I shouted as I see one Rabbit eating a grass. Without hesitation, I pounce on the rabbit, hug it and rolled around. "AH SO ADORABLE, SO FLUFFY I MIGHT HUG YOU TO DEATH!!"
    [​IMG]
    The rabbit tried to bite me and kick me but it has no effect. I started throwing it into the sky laughing and after several minutes I lay down on the grassy ground hugging the rabbit.

"Ah~ what a nice weather..." I said relax looking at the Sky. It seems like I forgotten something. Suddenly...

"MASTER VODKA!!!!!" a voice shouted which sounded like the Kobold Bernard. I hastily let go of the rabbit and stood up.

cough cough
    "Oh it's you Bernard and Sanie what are you doing here?" I asked
    "We were worried but we know Master Vodka is strong but when we went to see all those bastard die and you were gone so we track your smell. You're really amazing!!" Bernard said with sparkling eyes.
    "Well, it's nothing..." I shyly spoke feeling embarrassed by the compliment.
    "Ummm... What are doing here Master Vodka...?" Sanie said while tilting her head.
    cough cough "...." I was speechless.

'Ah, that was embarrassing, if they heard that I was enjoying playing with the rabbits ugh'
    I was embarrassed but suddenly an idea caught my mind.

"Well, I'm here to slay some rabbits to do some quest, while I am at it why don't we hunt some rabbits for food for the Askian villagers...?" I ask smiling thinking the plan is not that bad. The rabbit will not die in vain plus the Askian Village will have meat it's a win win situation.

"REAALLLLYYYYY!!!!" shouted Bernard with an excited face.
    "Meat...." Sanie said while drooling. Seems like these guys haven't eaten meat for days.

We then started hunting, I ask the two young Kobolds to track the rabbits and point them out. While I proceed to cleanly kill the rabbits with no pain. I could somewhat feel tears falling in my eyes, luckily with my helmet, the kids will not see it.

Several minutes later I was able to slay 20 rabbits but we still continue hunting for food rations.
    "Hmmm.. why don't we catch a male and female Rabbit? You can raise as livestock so you will have food in the future..." I advise.
    "WOW!!! that is a great idea I'll capture some wait here Master Vodka!" Bernard shouted running, tracking the rabbits.
    "Ummm.. thank you Master Vodka for helping us" Sanie shyly said looking at me upturned.
    "Geez... It's nothing, I enjoy helping others" I laugh while ruffling Sanie head.

After Bernard caught two pair rabbit for breeding. We decided to return to the Askian Village. The Kobolds welcome us and wag their tail seeing the mountain of rabbit meat we carried.

We started a party, it seems the alcohol was retrieved from the Greyhounds. I was forced to drink alcohol, with my face burning more red with embarrassment from all the compliment. I fainted due to the drunkenness.

[Title attained: Guardian of Askian Village]
    I thought I almost died from alcohol overdose sigh~...

NOTE:
    - rabbit hide 10x (others were given to the villagers)
    - slime core 6x (some were burned)
    - Title: Guardian of Askian Village​
    @brasca123

Jin excitedly said, " Boss Shad said that I can take responsibilities to the Askian Kobolds, I just need to bring them in the Frontier Hehehe"

OOC: Approved by Boss Shad, gonna write Town Building story in the Adventure Story later~​

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  17. Irradiate

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 100 Rats [100 G]
    Alone.
    @shad12ow

As I head towards the quest location indicated, I mentally went over the information that I currently have.
    'Raids are basically the same thing as the ones I'm used to, though on a different level. Is 'Raid' part of the universal language?' I thought to myself as I reach my destination hovering over the ground on my Dynamos looking at a dark cave.
    *rat noises*
    'I can hear the rats even from the outside... exactly how many of them are there? The quest asks to slay a hundred of the rats, but how do they know that the person actually did it?' I think to myself. 'I guess I'll bring the dead rats over. It'll most likely fit in the [Item Box].' After organizing my thoughts, I went inside.

After going in, I tell my Dynamos to scan the cave. After a few moments, the information is transferred into my brain. 'Uwah, so many.' I inadvertently thought. 'I guess I'll use the lowest attack I know for now?'
    Getting myself ready, I prepare to use a common skill that I had added into my Dynamos after making them. Bringing out a map in front of me and moving it over to the top right of my peripheral vision, I move towards the nearest rat from my position.

I see the rat a couple feet away from me. I start to prepare my skill after adjusting the power output of my Dynamos to 50% of its original power. Three of my Dynamos gather in front of my outstretch hand and start to emit electricity. A normal person would think that I was planning on throwing the electrified Dynamos, but they would be wrong as the gathered electricity started to form a small ball. After a few seconds, the electricity and energy gathered made the previously small ball to become bigger. If the measurement of the initial ball was 1 inches in diameter, then the ball right now is 6 inches. It takes long to describe, but in reality, all this happened in the span of a few seconds. 'It's a bit small, but it will do. It probably has something to do with the output.' I thought to myself. After that I shoot the mass of electricity and energy in a line... though it was like that after launch, the ball started to curve towards the rat. The ball hit the rat and dissipated. I started walking towards the 'assumed dead' rat to collect when I was surprised with what I saw. The rat's body had been disintegrated completely and only the bottom part remained untouched, if you ignore the charred marks on the top. Not even ash was left. Though I felt surprised and was about to contemplate adjusting the output of my Dynamos even more, I notice that there was a small stone in the middle of the dead rat. I pick it up and a small amount of mana was felt from it.

'Is this perhaps... a mana stone?' I silently think to myself. I roll it around my palm as to confirm. 'It must be. It feels the same as that brat Aisha's... though I don't think I can call her a brat anymore after all this time.' I reminisce my time in my original universe for a moment and quickly snapped out of it. 'This must be the proof that a person has killed the target. This makes it easier for me.'

[Pulse Bullet] was the skill's name that I used. Although at first it looks like it gathers electricity then energy, it's actually not like that at all. It gathers energy and adds electricity to stabilize the gathered energy, which is why when it hits a target it dissipates upon contact and explodes while it dissipates. Though I say it explodes, it's only a small explosion. The smallest you can think of. The scientific explanation for this is that, when it makes contact with the target, the electricity formed around the energy to stabilize it is transferred to what it makes contact with then the gathered energy, without its stabilizer, can only explode and this happens on contact which is why it looks like it dissipates. Anyway, I digress.

'Should I adjust the power output lower? or do I just keep going like this?' I asked myself. I weighed the pros and cons. If I adjust it lower and keep going using the power output, then it might not disintegrate the body enough that it reveals the 'mana stone', I dubbed, and I would have to cut it open and dig it out, which I didn't want to do. On the other had, if I keep it the same then I wouldn't have to dig it out and the 'mana stone' will drop on the floor instead, but I still run the risk of disintegrating the 'mana stone' along with it. After careful consideration, I chose to go with the latter and kept going with the same output. I looked at my map and saw numerous blips. 'This is gonna take a while.' I thought to myself as I walk towards my next target.

Nine hours later...
    "Done." I say aloud instinctively. I take a look at my [Item Box] that has 125 'mana stones' of the rats, which was 25 over the intended value, but I started experimenting with the power output after picking up the 60th stone and lost track of the amount I've collected. The optimal power output was 10% to purely kill the rat without it disintegrating anything, just charred, though that might change if I use a different skill. I sigh and took a look at my map and saw that the numerous blips before had been cut by 75%. 'Though that doesn't matter to me.' I silently think to myself as I start heading to the Receptionist Desk to complete my quest, all the while my Dynamos are under my feet as I start hovering over the ground, making the travel faster. 'Well, this was a good experience.' I thought to myself as I head towards my destination.

- Skill [Pulse Bullet] has been added to the Adventurer's Guild Card
    - Passive [Charged Impulsar] has been added to the Adventurer's Guild Card

shad12ow likes this.
  18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 100 Rats [100 G]
    ====================================================
    Shadow took the report and read it while leaning one one of his arm. After a while, he looked back to Chronos and gave him a grin.
    "Good, good~! All done quite nicely," said Shadow with a rather cheerful tone.
    He then pulled out a small bag filled with 100 G and then put it in front of Chronos.
    "Your reward. Take care now~!"

Irradiate likes this.
  19. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm why is there is not mobile friendly version

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [70 G]
    ===================================================
    "Welcome back Jin-san!

Uhum... Seems like there are a lot of races-" *cough cough* "of various monsters, Hikari didn't know that at all!

Hikari is happy seeing that Jin-san could-" *coughs* "help the kobolds as well! Though Hikari wonders if it doesn't go against the meaning of the quest to encourage them to-" *cough cough cough* "raise more rabbits when the guild has a quest to kill them... Hmmmm Hikari thinks it's okay though!

The reward will be of 390G! Keep up-" *cough cough* "the good job Jin-san!"

JinVodka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.