(Monthly) Short Story Writing Prompts Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AliceShiki, Oct 22, 2016.

?

June's Topic!

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Fictogemino

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Hero Proposed to me, but I'm the Demon King (or queen!)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Lights Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sinners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Continue A Story (Feel free to choose any of the 3)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Pyoo, yuzuki and AliceShiki like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Teehee, glad to help, even if it was only a bit! *hugs back*

Keep on trying to write! It's really fun to do it after all! \(^^)/

Action likes this.
  3. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Pyoo likes this.
  4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    The story of everyone's English Essay

Action likes this.
  5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fuck that pun

Where the fuck are my bee facts

6. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Pyoo likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: Parody.
    Word Count: 1279.
    Title: Just your Normal Forum day

Disclaimer: Any correlations with real or artificial people are purely coincidences, this is a work of fiction, no people were harmed in the makings of this work.

Hmmmm, been a while since I last checked that Chuuni forum... I wonder if they're still up with that thing of pretend assassination... Oh well, let's take a look.

Oh my, let's look at that? To think there is a bounty on E's head? That is unexpected... Bounty poster... Anonymous? Bah, that's no fun, who would bother with taking those requests anyway?

I wonder if there are any funnier ones... Uhn... "kill all who dare to remain on hime-sama's path to world domination"... "get rid of who gave S a cake"... "

... Bah, nothing really interesting... I wonder if anyone knows who made the one for E... Let's try asking around...
    ------------------
    B: Hey, it's been a while!
    L: Huh? You're still alive, thought you had died after the last request.
    B: Nah, it was easy, I just got a bit bored, so I decided to take a break.
    L: To think you could get away from it for so long and stay fine... So, what's up, what brought you back?
    B: What else? Boredom of course, I saw the request for E's head, anyone knows who put that one up?
    L: Nah, it's a clone, they posted the request only and didn't make anything else, hard to track like this.
    B: The Sgt didn't step up to the task?
    L: You know how that guy is, he takes way too long to see any sort of tagging.
    B: True true, so, I'm bored and there isn't any interesting request out there, wanna give E one's a shot?
    L: You crazy? As if anyone could get away with something like that!
    B: Doesn't hurt to try, does it? What's the worse that could happen?
    L: ... You're mad... Absolutely mad... But that's what makes you so special I guess, fine, I'm in.
    B: Good, I'm gonna invite Y and A here as well, I bet they'd go with it.
    L: Sure, I guess we lose nothing with it.
    A was invited.
    Y was invited.

B: So... I was going to go after E's bounty, you're in?
    Y: B!!!!!! Give me your brain already sweety!!! *hugs*
    A: Eh? Wasn't your skeleton on my wardrobe already? How come you're still here?
    B: The brain needs to be earned! I'm not giving it that easily!
    B: You know how it is, I go to and fro the wardrobe as I see fit, it can't really be helped.
    Y: Brains brains brains~ Give me yours already cutie~
    L: If you keep the couple act, we won't go anywhere, you two in or not?
    A: Well, I wouldn't mind a new skeleton...
    Y: Only if B gives me her brain~!
    B: The brain...? Alright, I can concede on that much. So... How do we do it? Old stabbing style?
    A: Stabby stab!
    L: Stabby stab!
    Y: Brains!!!!
    B: Alright, I'll call 6 and get the location then.
    L: You sure you can get it from them? Rather, how are you so sure they have it in the first place?
    B: Did you ever see anything 6 didn't know?
    L: Point... But how will you get the info.
    B: I have my methods.
    Y: Don't go giving your brain away! It's mine!
    A: The skeleton is also mine!!!
    B: *giggles* Don't worry, 6 has my soul already, they won't want my brain or skeleton as well. Brb.
    B became AFK.
    -------------------------------
    B: Heya!
    6: Hmmm? Oh, what do you need? Been a while since you last called.
    B: Nothing much, just E's address, defenses, how to bypass them... The usual.
    6: Huh? You're picking that up? It's a dangerous one though... You sure you'll be alright?
    B: Heh, did I ever fail one before?
    6: This and that are different you know? The difficulty level of this one is on a whole other level.
    B: Don't sweat the small stuff, you know I always find a way. What will the price be this time?
    6: Hmmmm... This one is quite the confidential information, so... 40 souls.
    B: 40? That's definitely a lot more than usual, you're taking almost all of my storage... I'll need to do some low-rank quests to fetch them again after this... But fine, it's a deal.
    6: Fufufu, I'm glad to hear that, I'll ask father about it, please wait a bit.
    B: Take your time!
    6: Took longer than I expected, sorry for the delay.
    B: Nah, no worries, I was able to earn 2000nu£ on the blackjack while I waited.
    6: Seems like you didn't lose your hand yet... Here are the files you need.
    6 attached 37 files to the conversation.
    B: Quite a bit huh? Well, thanks for the help, let's keep in touch!
    6: Of course, I'll look forward to future business with you.
    --------------------------------
    B isn't AFK any longer.
    B attached 37 files to the conversation.
    B: There you go, I told you I could get it.
    L: As amazing as always... So, how do we do it?
    Y: My payment! What about my payment!?
    A: You'll get it after the job is done silly, you need B's brain in place for this to work.
    Y: *nod nod* I'm drooling when thinking of this brain already~
    B: Right, as for the plan... Well, this one has quite the complex defenses, so... Let's go with this: I'll be in the information control, L will handle the bombardment, Y can borrow A's shotgun to get rid of the defenses, and A will infiltrate and take care of E.
    A: My shotgun!!!
    B: It's just for a small bit...
    L: I'll need some extra heads to make the bombardment.
    B: I can lend you some, I got a good amount on the last quest before the hiatus.
    Y: Shotgun huh? Alright, I can play with that! And then with brains~ brains~ *hums*
    L: Okay, I'll count on you then.
    A: Fine... Just this once... Just because this skeleton is really appealing...
    B: Let's do it then!
    ------------------------------------
    B: 33 defenders on point delta, bombard it L!
    L: On it.
    B: Path is clear, you're it Y.
    Y: Brains incoming~
    B: Take the left wing A, it has only 7 people on the defense.
    A: Only 7? They're underestimating us. I'll take their skeletons for that.
    B: L, make a distraction on the right wing, shoot the heads down the hallway.
    L: The hallway!? Can't you be a bit less demanding!?
    B: We both know that you can do it, so hurry up, Y needs to go through the Center, and the hallway won't allow it.
    L: Gah, got it.
    B: Good, make them go to the North Wing Y, you can exit from there afterwards.
    Y: Teeheehee, their brain is so tasty~
    B: A, take the left turn and proceed for 50m, stab the right wall and you'll be on the target.
    A: Skeleton acquired.
    B: That's it folks, we got a job well done, take the upper exit and leave A.
    A: Already on it.
    B: Aaaaand, out, good job everyone! I'm closing the call.

Well, that was fun, it had been a while since I last played like that, it was nice. I wonder if I should hang around on this forum for a while longer...

*crash*

What the...?

"Ro-robber?"
    "It's finally time to get this brain~"
    "Brain? What are you... Y...?"
    "Teeheehee, your brain will definitely be the tastiest of them all, B~"
    "The-the hell!? It was all a joke! Ge-get away!"
    "No take backs~"
    "No-no noooooo!!!!!"

I feel like the developments might've been way too obvious for this one... But I didn't have any better ideas, so... It ended like this. *shrugs*

Azuka, Matsurika and Action like this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Inb4 @shad12ow turns out to be yandere

9. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? I thought most of them were obvious...

E -> Epi (famous member and all that.)
    L -> Lovely (Yui-chan takes her head all the time! >.<)
    A -> A5g_reaper (has a wardrobe full of skeletons)
    6 -> DCLXVI (deals with souls and all that...)

As for the ones mentioned in the beginning, S is Shem due to the cake thing, and Hime-sama is obviously Akkihime-sama! \(^^)/

Some of them worked with inside jokes, but I thought most would be obvious... >.>

Action likes this.
  11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't get anyone at all, apart from you.

Probably never will get it tbh...

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you aren't very active in profiles... >.>

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah.
    Ask @episod3ux about it, pretty sure he knows that I abhor that stuff.

14. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theme: July 2017's theme: Anonymous_45545512
    Genre: drama, scifi
    Word Count: 4961 words
    Title: a dead man's whisper
    Synopsis: just read it xD
    It was supposed to be a day like any other, preparing myself, commuting by car to work. Then why did I left the taxi thinking this would make me gain a few minutes, fully aware of the danger of walking on the street of Beijing? Such was the thought I had as I witnessed a murder right before me.

In a daze, I tried to reach out to my phone, calling the cops, but before I knew it, a dagger was imbedded into my phone. The murderer, approaching as I try to escape, grabbed me by the neck, thrusting me on the wall and put his hand on my mouth to keep me quiet.

“if you want to keep your life do exactly as I say, otherwise you will meet the same fate as this idiot over there.” said the murderer with a probing look as if waiting for an answer on my part.

Afraid, my only choice was a positive answer, completely oblivious to what may happen to me, i nodded. he released me from his grasp and ordered me in a menacing tone:

“get in the car, you’re driving.” As he pointed to a car, parked hastily on the street, with braking mark behind, and the driver’s window broken. I thus try to regain my cool, taking a deep breath, I hop in and start driving. A dead silence accompanying me all along, interrupted only by the murderer telling me to turn right or left, I try to strike a conversation, fearing that he just wants to take care of my body in another alleyway.

“may I know where we’re going?” I muttered as I mustered all my courage and nearly peeing myself, fully aware of the gun pointed at me for at least half an hour now.

After a dreadful silence that appeared like an eternity to me, he answered hesitantly: ”this may sound absurd to you … but I’m an assassin, and recently got myself as a killing target, the other guy that I killed earlier being one of the assassin I knew, tried to reclaim my bounty.”

“then what do you want from me I don’t understand?” I said as I knew he dragged me onto this without any reason.

“I may need a civilian since I have another …” he tried to explain me halfway but got interrupted as one of the wheel exploded, followed by a guy landing on the front of the car and starting to shoot at the self-proclaimed assassin. However, a shield appeared on his fore arm and for each shot fired, I could see sparks on this little shield, protecting its bearer.

“I see you’re as good as ever Leilin, I couldn’t expect less from the ace of our organization.” Said this mysterious man, as he looked at Xiao Li with despising eyes. “then why did you betray us and broke one of the most elementary rules? Why did you attack the mafia?”

“…” Leilin, still silent, took his gun out, and started firing at his aggressor. The other man, recharged his gun, and only dodged the bullet, whilst taking his distance with the car. Leilin then got out of the car and started firing at him again, and rushing towards this enemy, two blades at hand, ready to thrust his weapons at his neck.

“I’m not here to fight you!” shouted the guy, while raising his hand, a dagger at his throat, ready to kill him.

“then may I know why you attacked us just now?” said Leilin, with an indifferent tone.

“it was to ascertain your identity, you know how sneaky you can be sometimes… it wouldn’t be the first time I get fooled by your doppelgangers.” He said a smile on his face, as if to hide his most apparent fear.

“fine then. So … what do you want exactly?” asked Leilin, glaring at him with suspicious eyes.

“Well, we’ve talked between us and decided to postpone your execution, in fact, even if we banded all together, I don’t think even half would remain so we decided to cancel our contract with the mafia and said that they should take care of it…” answered the stranger, with a sort of honest look on his face, showing something on his phone to Leilin but I couldn’t figure out what.

“fine then you may leave now.” Said Leilin while sheathing his weapons back.

“hey, you want to get rid of them too right? I want to help you” said the man with an eager and desperate look on his face.

“for your sister?” asked Leilin.

“yeah.” He answered with a sulking face.

“fine… where’s your car then?” asked Leilin, glaring at me as if to say to get out of the car.

“right here” said the man, leading the way. I had no other choice than to follow them into it, as they were both pointing their gun at me, only now did I have the time to take a closer look at their face, the one named Leilin, had a round and oval face, and was wearing a thick jacket, the other taller, but had a squarer face, and was very imposing.

“by the way, who’s that man that follow you since a while back? I’ve never seen him before?” said the square faced man as he started to power up the car.

“I picked him up on the street, he witnessed one of my murder so I thought he would tag along for a bit as I don’t want to be interrupted by the cops for the length of my mission.” Answered Leilin, showing a little suspicion toward his colleague, then added “don’t kill him for now okay?”

“sure! Why would I kill someone without any reasons.” Said the man with a creepy look, staring fixedly at me from the car’s glass, then added “you can call me Wu Leng may I know your name too?”

“it’s Meng Shao sire. And may I know where we’re going?” I said, as I didn’t know what would happen next.

“Ah yeah, we’re going to the black market to get ready for raiding the mafia” answer calmly Wu Leng.

“you’re going to raid the Chinese mafia?” I asked bewildered.

“of course, Leilin didn’t brief you on the matter, he’s researched because he opposed his main employer and now they want him dead… by the way Leilin, why did you take him with you, just to be sure?” asked threateningly Wu Leng.

“what? Did you think it was because I didn’t want a witness to die helplessly? You’re giving me too much credit here.” he answered mockingly. “No, I need him as a bait, you see, I have a very specific target I need to get killed no matter what, the chief of the mafia. And I made it so that he has a very special grudge against me. So, I’m gonna use this fellow to dig him out as he’ll take a plane in my name. so don’t kill him for now okay?”

“what do you mean by grudge? Who did you kill?” he asked uneasy.

“what you feel remorse for some mafia scum? Oh... well I killed his most beloved son if you want so badly to know and left behind a few tracks that would make him think I will take a plane to Europe tomorrow, of course I made sure he noticed the bait.” Said Leilin with confidence.
    Even though they said black market, the only thing I could see when we arrived to our destination was a wide pedestrian alleyway with stalls built on both side of the road and people behind trying to appeal to the many passerby of Beijing. Maybe Wu Leng, from seeing my confused face added:

“this may seem like a normal market to your everyday person however, upon closer look, you could see that not many of those products are legal, either stolen merchandise and counterfeit product. However, this is only the surface of the black market and only the initiated know of what it truly deals with, which is?”

as he asked me this, I remained frozen for a second, not knowing why he was showing so much enthusiasm towards someone he might kill anyway before stuttering: “wea.. weapons”

“well, of course it was for weapons even a fool would have gotten this right.” he then grabbed me by the shoulder, muttering into my ears:” and you better don’t be a fool otherwise, no matter what the other says, we’ll discover your corpse in some alleyway before you can even glimpse at an airplane.”

“well of course, who’d want a fool as their ally, it would be suicidal.” I answered, as I try to gain his sympathy.

“well you can see my point. However, I hate two faced people the most so stop it with the useless hypocrisy” Wu Leng replied with a pissed look on his face.

From this interaction, I knew I could get killed anytime if I was too wordy so I stayed silent, hoping he wouldn’t kill me on a whim. We then entered a building, with the entrance somewhat hidden, as we entered through a door further behind a narrow alley, and went further into the building until leilin entered a room, closing the door before I could enter, I was quite startled but then, I saw Wu Leng waiting patiently, arms crossed and gazing at anyone passing through the corridor. I thus imitated him, and as I could hear what was said through the door, I focused to listen to what they said:

“what the… I told you to eat regularly! I don’t care that your life is on the line, but for as long as you wear those enhanced prosthesis, you need to eat thrice as much. Your anemia only worsened from the last time I saw you. Before you leave I’ll have to inject you with nutrimental supplement before you leave or else I fear I might lose a client.”

After a few moments, Wu Leng started to look at his phone, smiling momentarily, then showing something to me:

“you see this, it’s his blood results, we had this little game for a while to see how low his glucemy would get however I’m started to grow worried as it might become life threatening at this rate.” Said Wu Leng while showing me his phone, I was startled to see that it was twice lower than the minimum required. but then I grew curious about what the person inside said:

“does Leilin have a prosthesis?”

“not one he got three, that’s why doc is always angry when he comes back, since it’s one of the latest model which uses the glucose from your blood as a power supply, and consume two to ten times what a normal member would consume. You’d usually see those models in military and even those enhanced soldiers would need to be checked every day. However, we managed to get our hands on an unofficial supplier to get the latest models.” Said Wu Leng proudly.

“then do you all possess those prosthesis?” I asked, as it would make sense since they’d possess a better battle performance.

“are you insane?! that’s so expensive! And also, we needn’t use them for killing someone, it’s not like we need to decimate an army every day you know? Most of the time we only use a knife or a gun then disappear. Well the reason why Leilin’s got those prosthetics is because… when we were still novices, he stepped on a landmine and lost both his legs and his right arm. It was a miracle that he did not die at that time. Since then, he had to use prosthetics.” Wu Lang said, as he seemed to be lost in thought, as if he was taken years back longing for a past that never would come back. I could only look at him for a brief instant and nod in agreement.

“actually, I may not kill you, you see, I took a liking to you.” said Wu Leng looking straight at me.

“are you perhaps?” I asked, looking at him with a strange face, thinking he swung that way, upon hearing that. He then took a dumbfounded face, before retorquing:

“are you crazy! No way, it’s just I thought I needed someone to help me in my job and.” He then got closer, saying to me in a very lowered voice as to not be heard by the others, or Leilin above all “it’s actually the one inside that swing that way”. This time, it was my turn to be dumbfounded, seeing my face, Wu Leng exploded in laughter. At that moment, Leilin got out of the room, visibly annoyed:

“I see you’re getting along rather well…” he said, poking Wu Leng in the back, and judging by the way he straightened, it must have hurt a lot. “and don’t start spouting bullshit behind my back.”

Leilin thus led the way, and opened the door… right before him. Needless to say I was surprised by the proximity of the store they used. I then looked at Wu Long with a probing look, but he answered me shortly while avoiding my eyes:

“well let’s say it’s to keep the secrecy and convenience”

“or you’re just lazy” I answered, as his answer confirmed my doubt. They did put these two shops together on purpose…

We thus entered the shop and I was baffled to see that the walls were littered with weapons and other deadly tools.

“I’ll need the usual for a raid, if possible put the emphasis on body armor since we’ll most likely get showered by bullets non-stop.” Said Leilin to the vendor, leaning on the reception desk, looking at something behind.

“so you were serious, you truly intend to kill the big boss?” said the vendor, showing his disapprovement. ”and here I thought you owed him your life… time sure flies to make a lifelong debt disappear just like that”

“it’s not like I have a choice anymore…” said Leilin, grieving.

“what do you mean?” asked the vendor, worried.

“Da Jian is dead” said Leilin gloomily. After a brief pause

“you can’t be serious!” said the vendor desperately “Wu Leng he’s kidding right, you were best friend for as long as I can remember, how could this happen?”

“I got the notice this morning, Leilin is wanted for ‘treacherous acts against the mafia’“answered coldly Wu Leng as if to sway his hopes.

“the little Da is dead… I can’t believe it, it’s like it was yesterday that I taught him how to hold a gun… and now he’s dead.” The old man muttered, seemingly devastated by the news.

“can you prepare the weapons, I don’t know how much time we have before they start trailing us.” Said Leilin, holding the man up, as to comfort him. He then went silently in his storeroom, to come back a minute later, throwing a bag at both Wu Leng and Leilin.

“once you’ve done your busyness I don’t want to see you ever again, or else I’ll be the one to put you down is that understood?” said the man, on the brink of crying.

We thus left, without a word, the only thing catching my attention as we left being the glare the man was throwing at me as we were leaving. I found it really disturbing as he seemed to pity me, or maybe it was just his saddened face that confused me, as he seemed completely shattered.

Once we got on the car, the gloomy atmosphere didn’t wear off and we spend the rest of the travel with this deadly silence before finally arriving into an abandoned building, it was quite convenient since it was very close to the airport. However, the state of the building suggested that it may collapse any minute now, and showed a very threatening feeling to anyone that may get the idea of getting inside. However, Wu Leng and Leilin got into the building the most naturally in the world, and I could only follow them, with a much stronger feeling of impending danger than any time before as we traveled through an empty corridor, with the walls completely naked, showing the building could not be finished before it was abandoned. Leilin then entered a room, the only one that had a door, as it must have been arranged before. And once we went inside, it was a completely different atmosphere. As I entered, I was faced with three leather couch that were facing a tv, stuck to the wall, plus an American kitchen in the back and a computer corner to its right, and I noticed two doors at the right of the room, probably the shower and bedroom. The room gave a feeling of cleanness as it was overly simple and neatly arranged, without a speck of dust on the ground.

“I’ll make food” said Wu Leng as he went to the kitchen, minding his own busyness, and Leilin going to his computer doing who know what as I could only see lines of coding.

As I entered the room, dumbfounded by the change, I could only close the door.

“Meng shao, can you come here for a second?” said Leilin, as he held a ticket in his hand, seemingly a plane ticket. I thus went by his side and sat down, to a chair next to him.

“this is your ticket for tomorrow, just take the plane the more naturally possible. And don’t try to run it would jusy end your life prematurely, but I needn’t remind you this now right. Anyway, when they’ll come pick you up, I want you to act as if you were innocent okay. But the moment they start to threaten you to come out, even the slightest one, you’ll need to try to flee as fast as possible, but not faster than them. And don’t attack them, they’ll kill you otherwise, after all, I’m an assassin, the moment they feel threatened they’ll protect themselves. Is that understood?” asked Leilin.

“sure.” I answered, but at this moment, I noticed a metallic luster on the right arm of Leilin, even though it is a prosthetic, I was sure there was artificial skin the last time I saw it. And Leilin noticing that it perturbed me followed:

“well, I have three prosthetics. And the reason why you didn’t notice earlier is because I had an artificial skin. This one’s a reinforced outer shell that’ll serve as a protection against bullets.”

“I figured that much when Wu Leng said you had prosthetics.” I answered casually, growing more distant from the fact that they were assassins.

“Wu Leng said so hum… he’s incredibly honest for once. Hey Janus, where’s your shitload of lies I’m used to? you know I don’t like people mingling in my busyness.” Taunted Leilin.

“Janus?” I asked perplexed.

“yeah, he’s a greek deity with two faces and since Wu Leng is a two-faced bitch, I found him this marvelous surname.” Said Leilin with a smirk. But took a serious face the next moment: “that’s why don’t trust him if you don’t want to get stabbed in the back.”

“then why did you allow him to help you in this raid if he can’t be trusted?” I asked perplexed.

“that’s because… we’re colleagues I guess.” Added Leilin hesitantly.

“colleagues!! We’ve known each other for eighteen years and you consider our relationship as only colleagues?!” interrupted Wu Leng. “boy, don’t be fooled by him, I knew him since we were ten and we’ve never separated once, you could say we’re best friend.”

“so, you were listening Wu Leng. Say, you must have lost your balls to keep quiet while I was saying you were a two-faced bitch hum.” Snorted Leilin.

“you did!! I was listening to music until moments ago! You’ll see, I’ve been training those past few months to equal the power of your prosthesis, this time I won’t be beaten.” Said confidently Wu Leng, as he got ready for a fight, getting in the middle of the room. Leilin followed him, as they went into a staring contest, before they started quasi simultaneously their assault.

What followed was a one-sided massacre, before Wu Leng could lend a single hit, Leilin already made a combo of hits, and Wu Leng was laying on the ground, unconscious.

We spend the rest of the night fooling around and playing before I went to sleep. After that, I could not remember clearly what happened and before I knew it, I was ready to board the plane as arranged by Leilin.
    “may I see your passport and your board ticket please?” a young hostess asked me. I showed her my fake passport plus my ticket, as she scanned it I was very nervous as I wasn’t sure whether the passport would be valid however, she only smiled at me and returned me both my passport and ticket while saying I could board the plane.

I thus entered the plane, and took my seat, waiting for them to come, I was very fidgety all along, not knowing if they would come, always looking at the entrance, with a sort of fear starting to well up on me. I knew that I couldn’t go back and that in either case, I was screwed. I thus started to remember what Leilin said to me, to keep calm until they came and indeed, I managed to somewhat calm down, knowing they paved a road for me all along, to help me get out of this dire situation, I tried to believe in it and believe in them as I had no one else to rely on anymore.

And once the passenger started to come en masse, two suspicious people did enter and looked at the number of the seats, only Stopping at mine.

“sire, could you please follow us, I believe we have something important to talk about.” Said one of the two, the other one trying to block my way out.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about sire I think you got the wrong person.” I said, following what Leilin said to me.

“don’t try to fool with us, we know who you are so if you don’t want us to rough you up I advise you to follow us obediently. Is that understood?” said the other one, clearly showing their intent to gang up on me. However, his threat signaled the moment that Leilin talked about for me to flee. I thus followed suit and jumped from my seat, pushing the one that blocked my path, however, the following instant, a sensation of dizziness followed me, I was hit on the head by the other one and before I knew it, I was unconscious.

As I woke up, I was on a car, or at least, it seemed like it was one, however, I was too dizzy to remember anything. But I was sure of one thing, they were carrying me to their boss, the target of Wu Leng and Leilin. Time passed as I was carried and I ended up on a chair. I knew I was surrounded by people as I could hear their footsteps, however, they didn’t talk, this situation truly worried me, understanding the dire situation I was thrown into.

Finally, after some time passed, I could hear unusually loud footsteps compared to the one before that seemed to try to make as little noise as possible. From this fact alone, I understood who it was. Even though what I knew about him was very limited, I knew he was the big boss and that the moment the hood covering my face was thrown out, it would be my demise. He took my right hand, as if to confirm something, then started speaking:

“We finally meet, at last. Da Jian spoke about you all the time. You were about to marry him right? Even though I could not approve of such behavior, he was my son and I would have respected his decision. You’d have been part of the family and start a normal life. That was all he ever wanted for you…” he took a long breath, then took my hood off. As he took it off, I was frightened of what may happen when he discovers that I wasn’t the one he was expecting. However, he simply stared at me, before saying: “I finally managed to see your face, for someone so secretive as you it must be quite a shame, but I must say of course I made sure you’re not wearing a mask so stop the fake pretense and answer me, how did my boy die?”

“like that” as I heard the all too familiar voice of Leilin, blood and brain matter splattered out of the boss’s head, painting my shirt red. The next instant, I could hear a series of gunshots and every people except Leilin felled, a bullet in their head.

“you sure like dramatic entrance.” I could hear Wu Leng retorting to Leilin, as he appeared from behind him. At this moment, the feeling of crisis I had vanished entirely and I could finally relax, knowing they didn’t leave me to die.

“sorry we were a little late, they didn’t do anything to you right?” asked Leilin worried, as he undid my bounds.

“no, they only talked to me, but they did hit me in the head!” I retorqued, as he didn’t warn me about this.

“what? You’re complaining about this much? I thought they would at least rough you up a little more…” said Leilin, as if he was a little disappointed. “anyway, we must get out before the others come out and we get encircled.”

I thus followed them as we ran inside an unknown building, and as we progressed further, I could see some corpse here and there before we took a staircase that lead upstairs. Leilin thus posed a sort of booby trap, a little hidden at the entrance, probably to block the route of our pursuers, the whole process took only a few seconds and we continued right after.

As we reached the top of the stairway and got out, a dozen of people welcomed us heavily armed. We thus went back to the stairway, using the thick walls to protect ourselves from the shower of bullets they offered us. Leillin thus threw a grenade through the door and the moment it exploded, he got out, and Wu Leng started to fire at them, using the wall as a cover. Before I knew it, the people that should have been a unsurmountable wall were all easily eliminated and we thus safely got out of the building.

As I got out, the first thing I could see was the sea. Only now did I understood how far they took me to interrogate me. However, I hadn’t time to ponder about it as we had to run again to a boat, that was visibly prepared beforehand, as Wu Leng started to drive it and we bailed out of this place.

“Ah.. this is finally over.” Said Wu Leng, as he lit up a cigarette.

“I thought you stopped long ago.” Asked Leilin, perplexed by his action.

“well we’re not all enhanced humans, you see, so I may be a little tensed up at the idea that I just raided my ex-boss” retorqued Wu Leng nervously, as he started to enter a port.

After that, we docked the port, Wu Leng talked to someone, as he handed over the keys to the ship, while Leilin was changing himself inside the car.

After a while, Wu Leng got back, asking Leilin out for something, as he was into the car, it seemed it was related to me as I could hear my name. Leilin, thus got out of the car, and as I was curious, I got nearer to listen to their conversation. However, as I neared them, Leilin turned my way, looking at me, clearly conflicted about something as he was about to call me out.

It was at this time that everything went wrong, as Wu Leng pierced Leilin’s neck with a syringe and injected him something. Seeing that, I reflexively hid behind the car, not knowing what to do, and could only listen to their conversation:

“do you like my new venom, I made it especially for you… Xiao Li” said Wu leng confidently.

“how do you know that name?” yelled Leilin anxiously.

“what, you think I didn’t know you were a girl? Really? We’ve known each other for eighteen years, if I didn’t do a little background check after all this time, I’d be an utter fool!” yelled madly Wu Leng.

“then what now, are you happy you discovered who I am? No need to paralyze me if you just wanted to say that right?” asked Xiao Li.

“yeah, of course not, but you see, the premier* you think so highly of, he is the one who requested me to capture you then send you to him, you should know what this means right?” answered Wu Leng calmly. But Xiao Li stayed silent all along.

“then I guess we need to take care of our little bait.” Said Wu Leng. What followed was an electrical discharge, and I could not stop myself from groaning due to the pain, Wu Leng, noticing it, slowly got near me. The first thing I saw when he entered my field of vision was the gun he pointed at me, directly to my head.

That was the last thing I remember.

*the premier is a political seat in china. (or so says google)
    Well this is my first time actually writing and publishing it so please be kind enough to point out any mistakes i made and how you found it :p
    Edit: @Action I'll take advantage of what you said and ask for a review :sneaky:. Because i think this post reached new heights in terms of invisibility :unsure:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Pyoo and Action like this.
  15. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Late submission for June: Please Don't Spoil It! ☆ヾ(*´▽`)ノ
    title: Her Life Was A Lie
    Word Count; Around 5,500 words.
    Genre: Mystery, A lot of Conversation, SoL, Writer's block
    The Crystal Palace Auction Hall, Time: 18:00 hours GMT.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! We now have a winner for the auction! An anonymous bidder has won the auction! It was an online bid, but the money is real, hehe. The amount will not be disclosed. The bidder has asked us to refer to him as MangoGuy. Congratulations, MangoGuy!”

----------------APPLAUSE----------------------------

“Sir, the auction was a success. The locket of Augusta Christina was bought by an anonymous bidder for a record amount. We are guessing that even Swiss banks couldn’t hold this kind of cash...”

“Haha...the thoughts of the rich can never be foretold. The locket of a dead writer for this much? If it were a signed copy of her first book…Maybe. But a locket? Well, either way, we now have a target. Trace the buyer.”

“Yes, Sir”

“ Has the transaction been completed? “

“Yes, Sir. We have been able to track down the locket till India before it dropped off the grid.”

“I see…Inform Mr. Bish at the earliest. I wish we never got ourselves involved with him and his business, though.”

“It has already been done, Sir.”

“You are dismissed.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Somewhere in a basement, India:

“Are you sure this is the locket you were talking about?”

“Yes!! Why else would I have used up all of my savings!! Let me remind you…Ghosts have got a queer set of eyes.”

“Whatever~~ Who would ever believe that you really turned into a ghost…I should never have picked up that old book.”

“The actions of the past should not be regretted for, Phippi. You can only correct your mistakes, not regret them.”

“You think I will take your crap? Getting a ghost in your head can not be reversed!!”

“As I have said in the past...It can. You just need to fulfill my last wish, and it shall suffice.”

“Whatever. What do I do with this locket now? My mom will be back home anytime, and I wouldn’t want her to see her son crouching over a laptop in the corner of the basement, with a woman’s voice coming out of the laptop!”

“This is why I said that I would talk directly into your mind! It is better, and stealthier!”

“But it is super annoying! Not to mention…I don’t want a woman to look into my mind.”

“Oh! So a man is alright?”

“That is beside the point. Just…How do I open this locket?”

“I am not gonna tell you! Hmmph. Think of what Hercules Poirot would have done!”

“That is enough. We will think about this latter. It is now time to switch off the laptop…The electricity these days is getting very expensive!”

4 months back, somewhere on an Indian street:

“Wow! An Augusta Christina novel! It has been ages since I have seen one of her book in the black market. But this one seems to be very old…”

“Sir, this book is actually very special. It was personally signed by the Princess of Crime herself!”

“…You expect me to believe that such a collectible would end up in this shady place? Dream on! Anyway, I am interested in it. How much is it?”

“Considering that this is a collectible, this one is tagged at 200 bucks Sir. It is a fixed price and I hope you understand how much of a great deal-“

“20 bucks. Deal or No Deal?”

“Sir, I am sorry. I cannot do that. I have a family to feed, and little kids to send to school. You must think a little about me, Sir. The cost price itself of this book is-“

“If you are giving it to me for 20 bucks, I will take it. Or else, I am out. This is her last novel, and it is not completed. She died while writing this, so it is not really a completed story. Don’t try to fool me. I know better tricks than you.”

“How can you say that, Sir? 200 bucks is the absolute minimum! You can look at any other pavement in this area and you will not find this same book for a better price! I swear upon the name of-“

“Ok. The last price I am willing to offer is 30 bucks. You either take this deal or I walk away.”

“Sir, please don’t kick away the only source of this poor man…I cannot accept that offer.”

“How much are you willing to sell this for?”

“…Give me 40 bucks at the least.”

“I am leaving. Good luck finding someone else to buy that bunch of papers.”

“Please don’t leave, Sir. How about…35 bucks?”

“Ok. Deal. 35 will be alright for me, I guess.”

[Damn you, you miser! You will be cursed with a ghost in your mind!] “Yes Sir. 35 bucks it is, then!”

A week later.

While Phippi was trying to look for some hentai online, he heard the voice of a woman in his mind. But he was not high!

“Weird…Am I seeing too much of this stuff?”

“Yes you are, you bas**d! How dare you show such vulgar videos to this Princess! And for every night of a week, nonetheless!”

“What did I take this afternoon…It must be some really good stuff.”

“I cannot believe that a fan of me is such a vile creature. Anyway…I need your help, boy. What is your name?”

“Weird…The audio is topnotch, but the video is missing…”

“I am in your head! Oh boy…Nevermind. I guess I will just take over this laptop, then. Hello! Can you hear me properly now?”

[Wow…The GUI these days is so good! I feel as if like the mascot is talking to me…No. It is talking to me. Why is Dio talking with the voice of a woman?]

“ I can hear your thoughts you know..So this guy is called Dio? Awesome steroids I dare say.”

“That’s it. I am not hallucinating. I have heard this voice before, in an interview…Who was it?”

“It is I, Augustina Christina!”

“No. You are Dio.”

“Child, I am Augustina Christina, the author! You bought a book of mine, remember? This is my soul you are talking to!”

“O..I guess what is real is real. Like hell I am going to say that! The soul of Augustina Christina? Why would her soul even wander in this world? She had such a great life…There will be no regrets for her!”

“Accept the facts, young Phippi. It will be better if you just fulfill my last wish and be done with it.”

“Alright…I guess this really is happening then. What is it?”

“You need to find the manuscript of my last novel. It is not completed. It is different from the one that has been published. I wish for you to find it, and complete it. I want you to then get it published. Don’t worry, I can see that you have zero talent for writing…You just have to type what I ask you to.”

“Wait…I need to use those little gray cells of mine…A manuscript that hasn’t been found for so long? How do I even find it? And even if do find it, how can I publish a book on the name of a dead author? It is not possible.”

“Well…That guy Osenbourne also did it. He published a few things under my name after I died…So don’t worry. We just need to get the manuscript.”

“Well then…Where is it?”

“I hid it in a locker in a safe place. I then hid the code for the locker inside my locket.”

“Nope. Not happening. Too many variables. Good luck.”

2 months later:

“I don’t even know why I did it…Never mind. We got the money. But I have to say…It was completely legal. Won’t people question as to who has access to the account of Augustina Christina? I mean…You are dead. Do you even have any family right now?”

“Even if they do find out, so what? As you said, it was all above-board. No one will even bother. We now need to get the money ready for the auction…I wonder, why has my locket been auctioned so many times since my death? I mean, almost every year. Almost like someone is searching for something through this auction. And from what we know, people who buy this locket almost always end up selling it to the same museum.”

“Does it even matter? I am filling in the auction entry form now...”

At the same time, somewhere in Belgium:

“We got our first auction participant. It is someone from India.”

“India, huh? I guess it is not the one…Poirotus doesn’t really like it there. It should be another of those fans…She sure had a lot of them!”

“I will never understand you, Mr.Bish. You have sold that same locket so many times and always acquired it back, by hook or by crook. Just who is this Poirotus you are looking for?”

“Hercules Poirotus. Ever heard this name?”

“The fictional detective she created? What about him?”

“Fictional, eh? Haha…She sure hid him well. He is the one I have to find.”

“So, all this time…You were looking for someone who doesn’t even exist?”

“Shut up, Vlad! He is alive…I have seen him! Whether you like it or not, he is alive! How could I ever forget that old coot! Get back to your work. Investigate the participant. You are dismissed.”

“Yes, Mr.Bish.”

Present Day:

“Ok, Augustina. We now have the locket. We even have the location of the manuscript now that we have decoded the data within. But how do I get there? London is pretty far away…”

“No problem. I know someone in London, who should be kicking about fine. She is called Miss Marble. She decided to head into the city after her retirement. Strange soul. I guess everyone has different tastes when it comes to a retirement home.”

“How old is she? I mean you say she is retired. But if she is too old, then she might actually have passed away.”

“She was an investigator. No need to worry. She wasn’t too old when she retired. And she has two fine kids to look after her.”

“How do I contact her?”

“I don’t know her mail or anything. But I know the organization her kids run. So, we can find her through them. I think it was called The Young Adventurers Inc.”

“Alright then, leave it to me. By the way…How the hell did you forget the very story you were supposed to write?”

“What do you mean?”

“For you to not remember anything you wrote in the manuscript…How is it possible? You should at least be able to remember a little bit…We can then further the plot by ourselves! Half of the story has already been published any way!”

“You are right. However, as I told you before, the plot is very important. A plot that doesn’t follow the original manuscript will have severe consequences if published. I cannot afford to do that.”

“I don’t really understand.”

“You don’t need to. Just know that the completion of the novel is really important. And also that it must follow the manuscript. I am turning less and less corporeal, and that is making my memories fuzzy. You better finish the novel before this Princess disappears!”

“Yeah yeah…I just hope that Miss Marble is someone we can trust.”

“Absolutely. She is more of an old-fashioned woman…She will absolutely remember what all I have done for her. I almost got her entire career running!!”

“Hope you are right. People tend to change with time, though. Let’s just hope that she really is old-fashioned enough.”

“Well, what do you have to tell me, Vlad?”

“We have found the individual who last used the account of Augustina Christina. You really might be on to something this time around, Sir. They are both from India.”

“Haha..I see. So, is it Hercules?”

“No Sir. It is a teenager called Phippi. His family has no connections with anyone outside of India, forget Belgium”

“Ooh…Interesting. So, is he a proxy for him? But how did this kid ever even come in contact with that old guy?”

“It could be the internet, Sir. These days, the deep web has really shady ads going on…He might have contacted him through them.”

“I see…Well then. We leave to India asap.”

“The arrangements have been made. But, because of some financial difficulties, we will be going to India via Heathrow.”

“Whatever. Where will that boy run to? We get him, we get Hercules.”

At the airport in London where the Young Adventurers Inc. was trying to send a parcel from, and Mr.Bish was trying to board a flight:

“Vlad, do you remember those kids Tom and Tuppence? They were a fine couple…They took care of that Miss Marble lady?”

“Yes, I do. They were pretty important people to Augustina. I remember her helping those kids 4 or 5 times…But when it comes to Miss Marble, they are pretty solid. She might even have contacts with Hercules Poirotus.”

“Indeed. You might be right. The flight departs in 12 hours. I need you to find out what they are up to by that time.”

“Consider it done, Sir.”

“Where is that courier? I thought that he was supposed to meet us outside the departures gate.”

“Just wait for some time, Tom. That man is real trust worthy. Miss Marble always gone on and on about him. Just wait. I am guessing that he has probably gone to a smoking room or something…That man can never resist taking a puff.”

“Whatever. This cargo was given Z-Class importance by Miss, so we better be careful with it.”

“Well, it doesn’t matter. Just look out for a short man with a waxed moustache.”

“Do you think it can be Mr. Poirotus? The description fits him perfectly.”

“What nonsense are you spouting? He has been gone for-Wait. Where is the briefcase?”

“Huh? What!!! Where did it go? It was here just now! Oh my God…We are screwed!”

“How did this even happen? We need to tell Miss about this as quickly as we can.”

“Did you take it, Hastings?”

“Yes. The briefcase has been secured, Miss Marble. I feel bad for those kids…I could have at least said hello to them.”

“There is no need to involve those kids in this. If I am not wrong, then Augustina is somehow still alive. Or, Hercules is acting on her behalf.”

“I have guessed the same thing but…India? It had nothing to do them with their life!”

“That is it. That Bish will never even think about looking for them in that place.”

“I guess you are right. By the way, where do I drop off this package? I mean…India has got tons of people.”

“Fear not. The client will meet you in India. In fact, you might lose the briefcase as soon as you step foot on Indian soils. Don’t fret over the identity of the client. And also…What is in the package is non of your business. And I mean it, this time around.”

India:

“Well, Vlad. We have finally reached India. Have you at least by now managed to find out what those fools were doing in the airport?”

“From the camera feed it appears that they were waiting for someone to give that briefcase. However, someone managed to get that out of their hand.”

“Hehe…It looks like they are not as good as I have been giving them credit. Then? What was in that briefcase?”

“We don’t know. That guy…was crafty. He knew the camera angles in and out. I guess that it was a professional. But I don’t think we need to worry over it.”

Sigh.”Vlad, you really need to think more intelligently. When we are handling things of this value, we need to pay attention to each and every possible variable. Such a skilled man was hovering around someone we needed to know more about coincidentally? No..Vlad, I have locked horns with Poirotus before, and I have had to rot in jail for this much time. Do you really think that I haven’t learned a single thing? Earlier, I was able to at the very least compete with that devil. Leaarn the difference between us, Vlad.”

“Yes, Sir. I will get the information asap.”

[Alrighty! I have finally cleared customs. Now…Where is this guy? Miss Marble was speaking pretty highly about the clients. Could be that it really is Hercules? Never mind…I guess that I will just get out of the airport first. Maybe they sent someone to receive me.]

“Hello there, Mr.Hastings.”

“Eh..You are?”

“I have been sent to receive you. Please call me Pharell.”

“Oh, I see. Lead the way.”

“Yes, please follow me.”

“Oh, by the way, nice beard. I mean…People these days don’t have these long beards. Especially that moustache. It greatly accentuates your looks, I dare say. It looks just like a real beard, I swear.”

“You seem to be as sharp as ever, Colonel. But just stay low. Bish seems to have landed in the same flight as yours.”

“Really? I didn’t even notice…I guess he chose a really nice disguise…Seems like prison has taught him more than just a single trick.”

“Indeed. After walking out, he has amassed quite a bit of fortune, and a far higher amount of dread. If my gray cells are right, then he must have already figured out that you have the stuff. Better hurry now.”

“Where are we going now? You have a place? Actually, since when have you been to India?”

“Not long. Augusta’s bank account was used a while ago, and that tipped me off. When I got to India, I finally understood what was happening. I dare say that ghosts are real, now. It will get really queer, so you will have to hold your breath.”

“Really? Are you saying…She is still alive?”

“You could say that. But you will find out in just about an hour. Let’s go.”

“Was it Hastings?”

“Yes sir, it was the Colonel.”

“Damn it! I guess that he has come here to meet that Belgian buffoon!”

“Sir, should we track him down?”

“Of course you should! I need to get that briefcase! It makes sense now…It has it!”

“Very well, Sir.”

“Good evening, Mademoiselle. May I know if this is the house of Monsieur Phippi?”

“Who are you? What language is that?”

“Pardon my rudeness. I am called Hercules Poirotus, and this man here is called Hastings. We have come to meet your son, I presume, Phippi.”

“…He is home but, how are you acquainted with him? Are you his teachers or something? I don’t think my son has ever mentioned you two.”

“We are from his school, as you have quite brilliantly deduced.”

“That is not flattery in the slightest. Please express your business with my son.”

“We are here to talk about a nation-wide competition that your son has entered. It is the National Under-18 Design Examination, or N.U.D.E. for short.”

“I have never even heard about this N.U.D.E. test. Why would my son take part in this N.U.D.E. test? What is it even about?”

“This examination exists, and is held by the Central Government. It is used to identify skilled youngsters in the country who have talents in designing strategic clothing that is used to cover the private parts of the human body.”

“So… Undergarments?”

“That is another way of putting it. Your son has exceptional talents in designing undergarments, especially for ladies. I presume that you are the one who has trained him in this aspect? You should be proud, ma’am!”

“…”

“Ma’am?Ma’am? Is he home? May we meet him..?”

“Huh…So he is talented in designing panties and stuff heh? I see…good. I guess we all need to talk to him!”

“Who are they, mom?”

“They are officials who have come to discuss about your prospects in N.U.D.E.”

“NUDE? What do you mean? I am not really sure I want to go into modeling…Much less posing nude.”

“Not nude. I meant the exam you appeared for. You did write an exam, right?”

“What exam? An exam called nude? Physicals haven’t been done so far in the school this year…”

“Care to explain, Mr. Poirotus?”

“Mr.Poirotus? Poirot-Ooooooh…I nearly forgot about that exam. Yes, yes..right. I did write a nude exam..I mean, N.U.D.E. test. Mom, how about you leave us alone? I would like to talk to them alone. Trust me.”

“Very well. Just remember. You don’t have any anatomical model body. And you better explain to me… Just exactly how did you to achieve such high talent in the designing of female undergarments.”

“Yeah…yeah. I will tell you all about it.”

[After Phippi’s mom goes out of the room]

“So…you got no better ruse than a nude test?”

“About that… Sorry. I didn’t know anything about you so…heck. First things first. How do you know Augustina?”

“It is a long story, but it can wait. Do you have the package?”

“Yes, it is safe and secure. But, Mr.Bish probably already knows that it is in this city.”

“Mr.Bish? Who is that?”

“You don’t know who Mr.Bish is? Then…why do you need this package? Exactly who are you? Tell me the truth right now!”

*Sigh*” Augustina communicated to me. She wanted me to finish her last novel for her, by using the hidden manuscript. Beyond that, I don’t really know anything.”

“Were you even alive when Augustina died? How could she contact you?”

“It doesn’t matter. As I said, long story. First, tell me if you got the manuscript or not? I mean, the package.”

“We expect a full explanation in the future. Here you go.”

“Thank you. I will contact you when everything is done. You may leave now. And no nude talk!”

[10 minutes later, and after the two visitors have left the house]

“Phippi! They are gone right? Tell me…what was that nude thingy?”

“Nothing! It was just a casual examination. Mom I will explain everything to you later on. Can I be alone for some time? Please?”

“Oh God…I swear that the internet company practically lives off your bills alone! Wh-“

DING DONG

“Is this the house of Mr.Phippi?”

[Mom opens the door.]

“Who might you two be?”

“Good evening, Ma’am. I am called Bish, and this right here is my friend Vlad. We are here to meet young Phippi.”

“Hello..erm, how might you be acquainted to Phippi?”

“We are his chatting friends from Belgium. We came to India on a visit, and decided to visit him as well.”

“Ahah….I see. I guess he does spend a lot of time online. But, I don’t think he has ever mentioned-“

ZUUP ( Sudden Tranquilizing Projectile SFX)

“Women who ask too many questions…I do hate them with the utmost of my heart. Let’s go, Vlad.”

[From inside the room]

“Who is it, mom? Mom?”

“Hello there, Phippi.”

“W-Who are you?”

“I am called Bish. Or rather, that is what people call me. That is not your concern, though. I think that Hercules should have given you a little something? I need it.”

“I see…It looks like you have already made it here. But, why do you think I will just give you the package without a fight?”

“hehe..little boy, what other choice do you have? Do you want to lose your life over a story that is not even yours? You know nothing. Is it wise to fight so much over such a thing?”

“ You are right. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know if it is right to be so stubborn over such a thing. However, I definitely don’t believe in people who tranquilize my own mother. So, hard luck.”

“Well...I am sorry about what we did to your mother. But you have to understand. This matter is very important. That manuscript could be worth millions!”

“I know! The manuscript for the last book by Augustina Christina! If it is auctioned off-Wait. How do you know the package contains a manuscript? Even Hercules didn’t know it…”

“Are you so dumb that you think he didn’t know? You really don’t know anything… I have known about the manuscript for the past few years! You bought the locket from me in the auction, and then somehow the locket was connected to the manuscript.”

“But..but…Why do you want it back?”

“I don’t just need the manuscript. I also need you. I am more than certain that you can break the code and tell me about the location mentioned in the manuscript!’

“Code? Location? What are you talking about? This is just a story..A whodunit! This is fiction!”

*Sigh*”It looks like you have been played by her…And played well indeed! Augustina Christina is one of the world’s best criminal minds. But she has never done a single crime with her own hands! She uses Hercules Poirotus and Hastings, among others, to do the deed!”

“What nonsense are you spouting!! Who even are you?”

“I am a criminal myself. However, I am a criminal who has spent time in prison for quite a few years thanks to that old hag. She scammed me! She gave me instructions on how to do the job with her book, but in the same book, she also ordered Hastings to arrest me later on! Hercules then got to my stash..”

“Wait just a minute. She instructed you through her book? How is it possible?”

“That is the beauty of the greatest criminal mind of mankind…She was a genius. She was able to accurately deduce how everyone would react to a situation. Of course, her books won’t directly describe the truth. That would tip-off the police about her. You will have to really look through her books to understand what she wants to tell you, if you were not informed prior by her.”

“Are you telling me that she…ran a criminal syndicate through her published books? But…most of her books were murder mysteries. Not robbery and stuff like that…”

“Do you really think that she would drool over those so called ‘secure vaults’? No!! She was nothing less than a contract killer. You tell her whom you want dead, or what you wanted done. She would then write a book. Why else do you think she was such a prolific writer? She was getting inspiration from the very people who paid her! Not to forget, she sometimes helped the police crack a case or two, so they never really bothered with her.”

“How-How is this possible! The authorities would have got her earlier! And more so, you yourself are a criminal who has been to prison. Why should I believe you?”

“She did something that no criminal should have ever done- Send another one to prison. I am here for revenge. I managed to get her killed, but that sly fox hid her stash! She knew that I was coming for her, so she was writing about the location of her stash in her novel…But I got to her before she could complete the novel. I have been trying to look for someone to break the code and get to her stash for so many years…And finally, here you are!”

“But, how do I break the code?”

“You must have been contacted by her in some way or another, to get till here. She knows the way to decrypt the code. Tell me…How did she contact you?”

“She…erm, she contacted me as a ghost.”

“…”

“It’s the truth. But she is no longer with me. She dissipated some time back, and she never told me about any code about the manuscript.”

“What the heck! A ghost? Who do you think you are talking to? A ghost…haha. Boy, there s no need to get scared. I won’t harm you. Just tell me the truth.”

“I am telling you the truth. She was a ghost. She first asked me to complete her last novel for her, before telling me about this manuscript. That is all!”

“Ok. I am going to take a giant leap of faith for you, kid. Even if I did believe you…Why would Hercules and Hastings give you the manuscript? They themselves need the manuscript to get to the stash…Unless they already have it. Or they no longer need it. Damn it! Just exactly what were they thinking about!”

“Mr.Bish. I have no idea what they were thinking. I have no idea on how to break the code for the manuscript. You got the wrong guy. Leave me. I just wanted to complete her last novel. I will not tell anyone about her past dealings. Nor yours. I mean, who will even believe me?”

“You do have a point. However, I cannot fully trust you. How about this? I will give you the manuscript, and in exchange you try to get as much out of it as you can. You will get a chance to complete her book as well. We will not disturb you unless you manage to break the code. And if you do, you can just get the book ready while get her stash. Deal?”

“Yes. I will try to break the code, but…Why do you trust me? Why do you think I can do?”

“I believe in your hallucinations. So far, they have been on point. Good bye. Your mom will come through in about an hour. Just tell her that she swooned.”

“Good bye, Bish.”

“Can we trust him, sir? He knows too much.”

“You know nothing, Vlad. We will monitor him in the future. Also, get me what he has been on. If it can show me her, then I will get high on it.”

“Yes sir. Consider it done.”

“Hello! Is this Mr. Poirotus?”

“Yes. Is it Phippi?”

“Yes. I am mailing you the location of the stash. I hope that it will be used for good.”

“You don’t have to worry. We both have already deviated from that path. All of the money will go to the foundation.”

“What about Bish?”

“He will maintain surveillance over you for some time. After that, he will start to realize that you cannot crack the code. He will want the manuscript back. You will give it to him. If you want, you can go on to complete her book.”

“Ok. I guess the transaction will then be complete,, ten, Never contact me again in the future. Good bye.“

[3 days back]

“So, you are saying that…You have a ‘stash’ and the manuscript leads to this ‘stash’ of yours?”

“Yes. The only reason why I am telling you everything is because I can feel that I am going to dissipate very soon. You must tell the location to Hercules.”

“Why don’t you tell me the place directly? I mean, you are saying that they will use your savings for some charity or something. That is good.”

“I don’t remember the location. As I said, the physiology of ghosts seems to be quite queer. I have already survived in this state for years…I feel it is natural.”

“How come you decided to encrypt all of the information regarding your savings? Are they illegal or something?”

“Hehe...Nothing like that. It is just that, times back then were different. The world was a boiling pot, with all kinds of crazy people and ideologies. My savings are quite high, and considering that I had no heirs, I was scared that it might get gobbled up by some of those crooks. So, I hid them carefully. I then wanted to hold something like a treasure hunt for my fortune. The winner would be my ‘heir’. But because I got killed before I could complete the novel, I have no other choice.”

*Sigh*”Killed…I guess some jealous competitor must have done it. Nevermind. I got it. You can rest in peace. I will get your money to Poirotus, and he should be able to get it to the foundation.”

“Very well. I wish you the best in your life. And please…try to finish my story. I would really like it for the world to finally see the genius that Augustina Christina was!”

Yeah…in case you didn’t notice, she never told me about her criminal background. And I don’t think I ever want to know if she was really what she was. Why? Because her life was a lie, either way. She seemed to have turned a leaf in her afterlife, and that is more than enough for me to help her.

If you think about it, she was always called the Princess of Crime. I wonder...what did this even mean?
    When Phippi bought an old book for a dead cheap price, he never new that he would be hunted by a ghost. Nor did he now that he would actually help the ghost. But first...He needs to get back to hentai.

ok, this one is a bit long. And it goes kind of like off topic in the middle. Calls it writers block or whatever. Also, at that time the NU competition was going on...sigh. i wish I could take part in it~~~
    Also, I realized for the first time, while writing this..that I suck at writing descriptively. Conversations are ok but action and all is...
    Peace and Mangoes.
    DECLARATION: i WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE TO YOU LOSING YOUR LIFE AFTER READING THIS.
    criticism is always welcome! heck, even cussing is fine.
    this is unedited.

Action likes this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    MangoGuy likes this.
  17. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I am literally reading that book right now~~

18. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    very nice! this has got a really fine edge to it. I wuld probably like it to be maybe a bit longer, but this is fine as well. Keep it up!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Action likes this.
  19. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I listen to the greatest NUF hit "Tonylicious" on a daily basis. =3=