Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Faisal pushes through the crowd of adventurers who are all here for the raid “I wonder who i’m partnering up with” Faisal thought to himself as he took out a piece of paper with their details. “Oh so it’s hatchy and two others at least I know one of them.” he says to himself as he looks around. “Great i can’t find them…” Faisal said to himself, luckily he found some locals. “Hey fellas have you seen any of these people.” Faisal said hoping to hurry up and find his teammates. “No, unfortunately not” Faisal received the unfortunate news “well thanks anyway i guess” he said as he made his way to the exit of the city that is facing the raid objective “well they will have to come this way i guess. Why couldn’t i have learned some detection magic or something?” Faisal mutters to himself as he waits.

18/20

2. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why was I here? The moment the ship reached port, I merely watched as Guild members rushed into the fray. I couldn't afford to be so reckless today.

The whole event was so sudden that I suddenly found myself dragged along for this raid. Unlike the previous one I participated in, however, this one was dangerous. Not for myself but for everyone around me.

As it were, there were already so many dead. I could feel their souls thrumming in the air. I was told that even beasts had souls but I had trouble feeling them. Here were human corpses. So many. And my Kalman Väki heritage was keening in joy at being bathed in so much death.

It was dangerous. There was malice here. Fury, greed, hatred, fear...the diluge of emotions was jarring to my senses. Instead of joining the fight, I remained close to the port, up at a roof to watch as if I was a sentinel in a quiet fort.

I couldn't risk to be careless today. Instead, I waited. If I was not cautious, I might become the threat to all these people.

After all, the Kalman Väki, when their whims dictated their actions, liked to spread deadly plagues on the powerless, living. If I got drunk in this miasma of death, I could end up doing the same.

19/20

3. ExitedDeviljho

ExitedDeviljho ✮[Carm & Blanc's Lil'Bro] [ Siostar's]✮

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHHHG! I’m late! I’m late! I’m late! How can I Fall asleep on the ships! And why is no one waking me up? and why is the town in tatter? And-and……aggghhhhhhh~!

Now what must I do, I don’t know anything about this place or what happening. For now, I should calm myself first and gather information, maybe the announcement board can help.
    …..Far East continent raid? And the first gate is already secured?......haha…..ahahahah Just how long did I fall asleep?

Okay then I should hurry go to the east gate and help other adventurers, from what I see on the map my current location is Port Area and my destination is the East gate………it’s really far from here. Oh well, no excuse! I should able to make it there faster If I use several buffs on myself.

Ok then [Speed boost] [Agility Enhance] [Featherweight Body] Yups this should do it, I already can feel my body much more lighter than before.

Using my enchanted body, I jumped over from the ships and ran to the east gate. The thick smell of blood and steel make me nauseous. But I keep going on even when I want to throw up, Sometimes I stopped to give a prayer for the people and Brave warrior who is fallen, Sometimes I found a survivor and hurriedly heal them.

As I ran toward the east gate, A big figure holding a huge club stand in my way.

20/20

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

“Yosh. That’s good~!” (Kuma)

I had finished healing the survivors in the hideout and was currently in front of a large pot over a makeshift bonfire. I twisted the spoon in the large pot as I made a soup.

Why? Well, first I need to recover. Second, the survivors have to calm down, and food is the best way to do so.

Although they were a bit wary of me because of the many bandits I killed at once before, they quickly changed their attitude towards me and started helping me to cook.

The old lady I had helped before was the most helpful one.

We continued to carmly make the soup when clamors started to be heard in the outside. The eastern gate was about to be secured, it seems.

I gripped the spoon tightly. From now on, the final stage of the battle would start. I wonder what other surprises this battle has to show.

-/20

OOC: The counter should start from the post someone actually takes the gate, so it's on a standstill, or...?
    Calling for help, @brasca123, @BlancFrost @shad12ow!

Nurman, Razogul, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  5. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Rhialla watches Matthew use his life detect skill and senses her own pact-spirits react to it, getting excited as his presence washes over them. Contemplating what to do since they hadn't met up with their assigned teammates, she said to him:
    "I'll go help with the small-fries, send out your skill so I know when to come back!"
    After informing her partner, she went off running to where the nearest screams were, releasing her favourite wind spirit, Fifna, and casting a stealth spell, hiding her presence from the bandits.
    Hmm, what do you think, FiFi? The archers, the bandit peasant or the guards?
    This one thinks Eternal Daughter should go for the archers, because they are the most vulnerable on those roof tops and will not be expecting a close-quarters attack. This one suggests you switch to Nacrene for this and use Eternal Daughter's two daggers
    Very well, I'll do just that! Make me lighter so I can get up there!
    As if Eternal Daughter needed to ask!

After her conversation, her pact-spirit cast a wind around Rhialla, making her lighter, and...switching to Nacrene, wearing her armour adn wielding her daggers, she jumped off the walls, reaching the roofs and slaying the first of her targets.
    "Uhnn!"
    Feeling a slight tingle of pain within her growing, she chose to ignore it and continued killing the 3 archers on the current roof...

6. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Matthew turned to Rhialla and spoke in a low voice,

“I’m going to take a look from the air. If you see either of them or a problem arises, then give the signal and I’ll head back.”

He gave the young woman a quick nod then took to the air as shifted to his Songbird form. As he did, he stepped into the Veil and vanished from sight. It had been decades since he’d last scanned over a battlefield like this; the familiar sight of thousands of tiny blue soul flames dancing in a world of gray.

Matthew scanned the city and identified several large groups fighting as each of the three city gates and along the walls. The first northern gate had already been secured thanks to the efforts of the higher ups, and the second was close as well. The streets were swarming with civilians making their way to the docks and castle, seeking shelter. But from up here, Matthew could see hundreds of others left behind; some were fighting back, others falling victim to the Bandits as they pillaged and rampaged through the streets.

But for every civilian that was cut down by the bandits, five more were saved as he watched the Adventurers fight back. Matthew continued on for a while before sending the details to the location of the greatest concentration of Bandits in the City to the Guildmaster (OCC: Sorry @shad12ow , forget how to link characters). He then locked on to a small group without anyone near.

Matthew quickly flew down and landed on the corner of a burning building, as he looked down into the streets and watched the scene play out. There in the abandoned street, surrounded by the burning wreckage and bodies, 3 [Bandits] faced a Young man not even in his thirties, a 2 [Bandit Archers] watched from the side, cheering them on. The Young man was heavily injured and the piece of timber he held, was already cracked and falling apart. Behind him, a young woman sobbed while cradling a crying girl.

The young man raised the timber and gave a yell, before charging at the bandits, but they simply dodged and kicked the young man aside, causing a laugh to rise from the Archer's mouth. A Dark anger in his Heart, Matthew left the roof top and landed silently behind the Archer farthest away. With practiced hands, he slipped out of the veil and plunged a Sharpened Ghost Quill into the base of his throat, and covered his mouth to muffle the scream, before pulling the body into the Veil.

After removing the other Archer in a similar manner, Matthew approached the group of [Bandits] as they played with the man. One, noticing that something was wrong, turned around and stared in shock at Matthew. The bandit, not seeing their Archer companions, quickly caught the attention of the other two who both turned around. They were shocked at first, but seeing he was alone, they grinned and called out mockingly.

"Ohe! Who re' ya supp...GAK!?"

Before the bandit could finish his words, there was a blue flash and a Quill bloomed at bottom of his and another bandit's throat. The two gave a gurgling sound and fell to the ground, moving no more. Matthew lowered his arm's from the throw and gave the remaining bandit a cold, icy glare, but said nothing. The bandit stood in shock for a moment, then gave a yell and charged at him, sword raised. As the cold blade swung down, it passed through Matthew's body like it was an illusion. The bandit when wide-eyed in fear and dropped the sword, stammering as he spoke,

"y-your a Monster!"

Matthew reached out and grabbed the Bandit by the head, as a thin film of ice covered it. The Man's body began to shake and this skin went pale. Matthew looked at the man with cold eyes and said in a low voice,

"No. I'm a Ghost."

With that, the Bandit's body broke down to ashes and scattered on the Wind. When He'd turned around to check of the civilian's he'd found they had already vanished. Matthew gave a tired sigh before returning to his Songbird form and taking to the Air.

After bit more scouting, Matthew recognize the form of a young woman in black armor, Stealthily making her way across the rooftop, before flying down and alighting on her shoulder. As he watched the area around them he asked in a low voice,

"Have you met them yet?"
    ----------------------------------------------
    -/-
    Skills/Items used.
    [Life Detect (Mst) - lvl 2/10]
    [Throw Weapon (Mid) - lvl 8/10]
    [Hand-to-Hand (Adv) - lvl 3/10]

Soul Form
    Type: Support
    Range: Self
    Effect: Allows Matthew to switch between his Human, passive and combat Spirit bodies at will (see pictures).
    - Human form: Combat ability at 75%. While in this form, Matthew's Spirit presence is greatly reduced, preventing everyone but those will very strong spiritual powers from sensing his nature as a Wandering Spirit.
    - Passive form: Combat power at 20%, Regeneration and Speed + 200%
    - Combat form: Combat power at 100%. Increases energy consumption by 20%, regeneration by 30% and Battle Perception by 50%.

Whispering Ghosts
    Range: 1km
    Effect: Wind based art, allows the user to send a message on the wind to target. can be used to prevent others from hearing their words.

Spirit Veil
    Effect: Allows Matthew to hide his presence from non-spiritual beings. While active, those with low spiritual awareness will not notice his presence. Can only be activated outside of combat; heavy killing intent will break the Veil.

Incorporeal
    Effect: This ability allows Matthews to phase himself through any material that does not have spiritual resistance or not imbued with strong spiritual or magical energy. Grants limited flight in human form. Unlike most other Wandering Spirits Matthew's pure nature prevents Silver from harming him in this form. However, strong sunlight or dense magical and spiritual power can cause this form to become unstable.

Phantom's Curse
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Touch.
    Effect: Matthew can suck the life-force from a target with a simple touch, slowly draining them of their vitality and strength and recovering his own. The effected area will grow colder and more lifeless the longer he maintains contact. Non-sentient creatures drained completely with this curse, can be raised as Spirit Beasts, which follows their Master's command. Can be used while under Spirit Veil, though with reduced effect. The rate at which the Curse takes effect is determined by the difference in power and the Targets Spiritual defense. The dark nature of this ability makes it one Matthew rarely uses on humans.

Sharpened Ghost Quills (x100 per outing)
    Description: Ghost Quills prepared ahead of time. Being separated from his body for so long, they've lost most of their Spiritual nature. However, they are still extremely sharp and dangerous throwing weapons. These Sky Blue feathers are very light and durable, able to be thrown at high speeds without stirring the air as they fly. In a pinch, they are even durable enough to use as makeshift tools or even knives for close combat.

Nurman, Razogul, Quaesitor and 4 others like this.
  7. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sitting down and leaning against the wall, my boredom had surpassed the limits of what I could currently handle. Standing up, I looked at the bodies of bandits strewn around like dismembered flies. After a while, they stopped coming towards me so I just sat back and enjoyed the air. It was the least I could do after filling it with the disgusting smells of blood, rot, and some of the more unsightly bodily waste.

It was the smell of war, though it was better to say that it was coming close to it. I suppose it was still missing the sounds of metal against metal or at least and the smells of burning flesh, or at least that’s how it was last time I participated in one. After coming to a realisation that these bandits weren’t very fitting opponents, my drive had depleted but as mentioned before, my boredom had gone unsolved.

Teleporting above the city, I could see that people were still doing their best to defend this place. Though the resources were being dedicated more so to the east and south gates. I watched for a little longer but the only change was that more people were allocating themselves towards the South Gate.

Bandits became pretty active there since I left. Gliding towards the south gate, I looked at the guild members defending this city whilst putting themselves in an extreme amount of danger. Well, for some of them that is. Some of them didn’t have a problem with the incoming E-C rank bandits. However, for the ones that did I couldn’t help but wonder whether it was their own courage and morals pushing them this far, or if it was simply because of Shady.

I cackled for a second before looking at the man in question. I guess it’s less so for him and more so for the guild but either way, the adventurer’s guild was quite an OP place. I teleported next to the South Gate and took in a deep breath, I wasn’t a well known support type of person and I doubted many would take up the offer. “Any defenders wanting an edge against their opponent, come to the….” I looked around for a second and saw a small store off to the side.

“Come to the screaming shallot and you will get an empowerment. Coordinates are xx,yy.” I spoke in a calm voice but using my mastery over the wind, I had amplified it which in turn allowed my voice to encompass the city. With that in mind, I entered the ‘Screaming Shallot’ and took a small bowl before sitting at a nearby table.

Whistling, I cut open my wrist and watched as blood fell into the bowl and I waited for my first customer. Until something interesting popped up on the enemy side, I’ll just support the little ones.

________

Attention: Balthazar is offering a temporary empowerment until something powerful pops up.
    p.s: he's inside a small restaraunt named Screaming Shallot that is close to the South Gate. Empowerment shall boost your physical prowess up to B-Rank for a short 3 posts.

JinVodka, Razogul, Quaesitor and 3 others like this.
  8. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hey Hatchy! Why are you a guy?"
    "Hatchy! Why don't you become a girl! You look like one already!"
    "Hatchy!!! How many men did you seduce with your looks? Must've been countless right?!"

"...."

Thirty minutes have passed and the whole time, this girl's personality took a U-turn somewhere and now she is shooting out words from her mouth with a speed of a machine gun. Even the bandits we encountered were at a loss of how to deal with her. The problem was that she couldn't help but insult my manhood with every word; I know I lost my man card as soon as I was born but you don't have to rub it in you know!!!

"Hey Hatchy...."

"...what."

"Out of all the ways to defeat a bandit, why do you insist on turning them into eunuchs?"

"..."

Hey! I can't help it you know! It's the only attack I learned from the FFF Inquisition!!

I let out a sigh out of mental exhaustion.

"Look er....Milla was it?....Can you...er....be quiet for a bit?"

"What?! How dare you tell a girl to shut up?! How rude!!!! Fine!!! I'll be quiet around you forever then!!!!"

Milla pouted her lips before starting her silent treatment. Aye. If I was a tsun I'd act like that but fortunately, I'm not a tsun.

"Where the heck is Fai-kun and the others?!"

I started to grumble to myself as I stormed through the city looking for my teammates while destroying a few bandit's family lines along the way.

"Who's Fai-kun? Your boyfriend?"

"No! I'm straight for crying out loud!!!"

"I know you're straight. But you're a girl so its okay."

"I'm not a girl!!!"

"....hurhurhur. Funny joke."

"...."

I hold back my overwhelming urge to retort and decide to walk back to the entrance of the city to drop off Milla the talking machine gun. When I finally arrived, I see the MVP Faisal at the gates.

"Finally found one of them! Okay Milla, this is a safe spot so stay here okay?"

"Nuuuuuuuu....Hatchy don't leave me here!!!!"
    Milla started to cling on me and cry.
    "I don't want to be left alone!!!!"

"....there's other people who you can go to you know....."

"But Hatchy is the best!!!!"

".....I see....well I guess there's no helping it..."

Did I just raise a romance flag with this girl? Did I? Did I?

[System Message: You have taken the big brother role for two people!!]
    [System Message: The Eternal Big Brother title has been acquired!!!]

Oi. What the hell is that supposed to mean.

~~~~
    Shout out to the little girl I claim as my lil' sis @Kysil and my homie @Faisal

Nurman, Kysil, JinVodka and 4 others like this.
  9. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I arrived to the East Gate a mass of bandits was in my way, blocking anyone who who wanted the gate. Well since the people by the gate were either dead or some of the other endless bandits, I chose to use a stronger wide area attack.

"Any ally by the East Gate, get out of my way or don't blame me for you to become a frozen Sculpture!!!"

I yelled to my surroundings before I count to three, pour more mana to my White Frost Dao, yep a lame name l blame Shadow.
    At three I made a overhead swing, upon hitting the ground a wall of ice shot out of the earth, froze the unlucky guys within the line.

While the bandits were dumbstruck in disbelief, I run towards the bandits as I slip in every opening I find. With every chance I have, I will aim a deadly strike on the enemy.

As I was done with the last one, I saw a flash of golden hair in the distance, before my mind registered what was happening, I already sent my sword flying to the bandit beside him.

I shout out to the guards, who have come with me to guard the East Gate, before I run out towards the one I have missed for awhile.

"Late again Sin~?"

OOC: East Gate is dropped off to the guard for now.

10. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    As ideal as it was to not take part in the bloodshed, I knew there was no chance for me to remain idle. Still, I needed to take precautinary measures to avoid unnecessary conflict. That in mind, I took a deep breath and activated the Mirrorerd Presence Skill I had learned thanks to an item I got from the previous raid. With this, it will be hard for some, if not all, I encountered to pinpoint my presence accurately.

I then jumped off the roof I was on and went through alleyways in hopes of avoiding any attacker. I know I'm supposed to be helping in clearing out the bandits but opting to go about another route for this raid will be welcome too.

Reaching an end to the alley I was in, I saw two children cowering behind a crate on the opposite building. Four bandits were heading their way with blood stained swords at the ready, black bands of leather on their wrists. They'll find the children in seconds.

Not wasting time, I activated Wraith Hound and didn't wait for the beast to show itself as I readied myself for a sprint. Casting Tuoni's Shroud for insurance, I bolted out into the street towards the children. It was then that the grating howl from the Wraith Hound sliced through the air like a cold knife. Almost instantly, the bandits were engulfed with a violent form of insanity that was clouded in fear and fury. They started hacking at each other.

Before Tuoni's Shroud deactivated, I dipped low and plucked the children into my hold, one in each arm dangling like sacks of potatoes. Understandably, they screamed in terror at finding themselves being abducted by something they couldn't see.

"Quiet! I'm one of Miu's." It was the quickest explanation I could manage under the circumstances and it successfully caught the attention of the boy I had on my left arm. "Do you have a place you were told to go to when the city is in danger?"

It took two beats of silence before he replied. "Go West where castle meets port. There's a hiding place there we can go to."

I suddenly stopped in my run and put them down in a hidden corner behind a small hut. I gestured for them to be silent and pointed towards two bandits. They both covered their mouths in nervousness.

Without leaving their side, I used Ignis Volley to form 10 arrowheads out of Ignis and covered the eyes of the children before sending the attack towards my targets. The ambush was successful and I watched the arrowheads punch through their heads and chests in quick succession.

Again, I carried the two children and rushed away quickly without looking back at the dead bandits. This went on for a slow twenty minutes until we started encountering more children. I had no choice but to have them hurry along with me. Soon, two kids became eight. This was not going well. The more they were, the harder it would be to get them to safety.

Where were the other Adventurers? Why were there none in this area?

Before I could ponder on that, we encountered 3 teenagers who, thankfully, offered to carry as many children as they could to hurry us along. As unfair as it sounded, I told them to handle seven of the children. I could only carry one as I needed at least one dagger out at the ready. They didn't complain.

As we were carefully skirting along to safety, one of the teenagers, a girl, suddenly said, "Thank you. We thought nobody would bother with us."

"Why?"

"We're orphans."

I didn't bother to reply to that and merely ushered then along. I made sure to have Ignis Volley at the ready. Orphan or not, children should never have to be in this kind of situation. More souls called out to me in my anger. I shut them out with pure force of will and pushed on.

-/20

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  11. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paradise POV

[Tch...] (Paradise)

I was currently in a bit of a pinch. I held a golden bead and threw it at the men in front of me, blocking my path. The bead exploded in the air, creating a blinding flash, but the bandits that were already used to it closed their eyes and stood still. I cursed in my head as I chanted the spell of yet another Light Bomb.

Two tiger-kin and one elephant-kin blocked my path. Also, several thug-looking guys helped them surround me.

I was ready to give up on going further in the south direction, but then I heard something.

“Any defenders wanting an edge against their opponent, come to the…. Come to the screaming shallot and you will get an empowerment. Coordinates are xx,yy.”

The voice seemed to came from afar, but nevertheless reached me. Empowerment, is it? Maybe is worth a try going to the south gate. The problem would be the bandits at my front.

I was pondering hard while I stared at the bandits when I heard a wolf’s howl coming not that far from where I was. I smiled as I heard that, whistling loudly in response.

The bandits looked at me a bit confused, until something jumped from above in one of the tiger-kin, knocking him out. The second tiger-kin was shot by three arrows, two in the chest and one in the head, falling dead in the ground.

The elephant-kin prepared to move, but it was too slow. The ground beneath his feet turned into mud and he sank with his weight. A shadow ran in his direction and stabbed him in the eye with a sword, killing him off.

“Lady, did we took too long?” (Lela)

[Good heavens, no! You were just in time.] (Paradise)

The ones that were behind this all were no others than Metch, Hatch, Miha, Lela and Gen, my subordinates. It seems like they caught up with me fortunately. I looked at them and nodded.

[South we go! But first let us clean this place!] (Paradise)

Finishing the chant from before, a golden bead appeared in my hand.

Eris POV

The moment I heard the announcement about empowering or something like screaming shallot, I knew that Paradise would most probably be heading there.

Since the second gate was as good as secured from the looks of it, I decided to head south to secure the last gate. I looked at Grom and he nodded in response.

I adjusted the mallet in my hands again. It’s feeling was a bit strange, but it was a fine weapon for now.

We headed south to try and find Paradise together.

12. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    "How far until we reach safety?"

A boy who seemed to be 16 replied, "Three more blocks towards that direction, we turn left when we reach a huge elder tree, then straight towards the port."

A good half-hour then if luck permitted. I looked at the children. There were now 14 of them. The one who answered me seemed to be the eldest in this small band of misfits as I have now called them.

At least the recent additions were teenagers. They greatly helped in looking out for bandits. In 3 occasions I was forced to confront and kill those we encountered. Since I stepped out into the city, I had 18 dead as my body count. Mostly from successful ambushes.

More souls, whispered my Kalman Väki blood. I thirst. Quench the craving with the souls of the damned. Honor your Father, Levana, and call out to the souls.

I cursed at the voices. The speed at which I was being influenced by the dead was alarming. It was as if something was pushing me. My blood felt exhausted and my bones dry yet my body was not the least bit tired thanks in part to the kumihimo charm I had at my disposal. I was stronger than this. I knew it. I trained for years.

Why was my Kalman Väki side so hungry?

I refused to voice out that question and made sure the children were all accounted for before we journeyed on. The deeper West we went, the less we encountered. It seemed the presence of the Adventurers in the city proved a good enough incentive for the bandits to be wary of the port. After all, that was where we entered from.

I continued to stay vigilant and kept a close eye on my surroundings. Due to my sensitivity with mana and ignis, it was usually hard to surprise me but with the air so clouded with the rising number of the dead plus the emotions associated with their deaths, it was getting harder to focus.

One thing was clear in my mind through all the distractions. I needed to get this children away from me in case things got out of hand. The sooner the better.

-/20

Nurman, Razogul, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  13. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    At that moment, both Kain’s and Jean’s eyes meet. He pleaded with his stare as if asking why Jean didn’t tell him Tanya was behind him.

Jean shrugs his shoulders in response to his question.

“hmphed, men all think the same.” Tanya glares at Kain on the ground.

“Is…Yuri not with you?” Jean asks, changing the subject.

“Nope!”

“Then, where is he?”

“Don’t know!”

“….” Jean smacks his face, then rubs his cheeks.

“Let’s split up for now. Me and Tanya will go towards the eastern gate, and you stay here to wait for Yuri.” Kain says with confidence.

“I don’t think that will be a good idea. “Jean replies

“You’re such a worry wart!” Tanya says with excitement in her eyes.

A sigh leaks from Jean’s lips.

A few minutes pass as he kills a few bandits here and there near the northern gate. Everything felt a bit too easy for Jean to slaughter. Occasionally, Jean would take a few souls from their corpses adding them to his reservoir.

Whistling through the air, a long sword hits the side of the house he was just front of, moments ago. The sword then shakes off the bricks and shoots back to its owner.

“Monsieur Basfel, its been a while.” The short-hair man said tipping his hat to the side in a slight bow.

“I thought you die with the rest of your crew, Devin.”

“Nonsense, I have the blood of a knight in my veins. Does Monsieur doubt my talents?” Crackling sounds were heard as lighting gathers around Devin’s blade, it jumps around the edge then lands on his other sword.

“Let’s us duel to our heart content!” Devin throws his long sword towards Jean and a trail of lighting follows behind it. Jean takes his sword in hand and deflected the blow, hitting one of the trees next to it. The lighting courses the tree and burnt it to ash.

Devin throws out his other sword towards jean, this time blades encircle the tip of the swords point. Lighting dances around the circle forming a net of lighting, the blades move out extending the range of the net to capture its target.

A blast of wind disrupts the net slightly, missing their target completely. However, Devin’s other long sword whistle through the air and slashes through Jean’s shirt, blood seeps down from his wound.

“hoho, Monsieur forgotten about my talents.” Devin clicks his tongue a few times in disappointment while waving his index finger. “Do try to entertain me!” He pulls out one of his long swords and directs it towards the sky. A sphere like barrier forms around them, keeping them out from preying eyes and damaging the town even further.

“That’s unusual. Normally you like to wreck everything.”

“Oh, I do, I do-but my employers don’t want to ruin their future investments!” A few magic circles appear in the barrier underneath the remaining bandits. Their bodies wither under the intense light, turning to corpses. A ball of pure white appears and then disappears along with their corpses; thus, not giving any chance for Jean to steal their souls.

“Why don’t you die already!” Jean shouts and dashes towards Devin. “Howl Inari!” A tidal wave of ice leaps in front of Jean towards Devin. The sword in Devin’s hand turns into a spear of fire as they met head on. A mass of steam blasted from their impact, causing the entire field to be mist.

“Damn it.” Jean regretted his attack for this environment is Devin’s forte. “There!” He slashes towards a shadow but nothing was there in the mist except for a piece of cloth.

The sounds of crackling came behind him as a sword stabs him in his right arm, the lighting courses through his body as he screams from the bloody pain. “Raiju!” He yells through the pain and guides the lighting out using lighting magic and his sword as the catalyst.

The long sword retracts from Jean and swings back to its owner in the mist. “Forward Mizuchi!” A dragon takes flight in the form of water and lands a pool of water on Devin.

“Wait, no!” He screams as the lighting courses through his own body, shaking violently from the effects of water having on his body. *Poof* Devin’s body became a wooden talisman.

“Another time!” Devin voice echoes as he disappears. Jean slashes one of the buildings in half from anger, shattering the barrier.

“Nyu here!” Yuri said, Jean whacks him. “ow!”

-??/??

14. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    After running east, Razogul spots more bandits in the area. He spots all the buildings and bodies on the ground.

Blood splattered in the area, bodies, ground and on the buildings. A grotesque sight to look at for anyone who sees.

Seeing this, Razogul gets angry and glares at the bandits. Unsheathing his sword, he jumps towards one of them while they aren't looking. Decapitating him with blood gushing out of the wound. His body on the ground, blood flowing everywhere.

Hearing something behind them, the bandits look back and see their comrade dead. A blood drenched Razogul with bloodshot eyes.

"You're going to all die for what you caused...you lunatics!"

"So what! You only killed a henchmen, you can't kill all of us!" Elephant-Kin Juggernauts say as they ready themselves to attack.

As they say this, Razogul goes up to one of them and punches their chest. Leaving a bloody hole in their chest when he pulls his fist out. Holding his wound, he looks in fear at Razogul.

"No..." Seeing that he's wounded, he drops to the ground and looks at him. What is on his face is pure anger. "...Mercy..."

Not answering him, he steps on his skull. Shattering it with the remains flowing out onto the ground.

"None of you deserve mercy...you all sicken me!" Seeing that most of them are looking at him in fear, Razogul smiles. Sending a chill on their backs.

Raising his hand up a little, Razogul gathers dark energy and casts a single spell.

"Summon Skeleton."

Instantly, skeletons start appearing around him. All of their equipment looking like it was freshly made. After this, Razogul gives them a single command.

"Kill them all. Leave no one alive!"

Obeying his orders, the skeletons look towards the bandits and start attacking. Seeing this, the Elephant-kin Grunts attack the skeletons. However this only slows them down and they start massacring them.

The juggernauts faces look pale from the sight. Seeing countless of their comrades die due to a single person.

"Re...Retreat!"

Seeing that they're outnumbered and outmatched, they run for their lives. Cold sweat on their bodies from the pure terror they're facing.

"Running away are we? Dark Bullet."

Around Razogul appear 100's of dark bullets. Aiming for their legs, Razogul unleashes them and instantly drops more then half of them.

"Sorry...but this is a slaughter. You have no right to leave." Dashing forward and ripping one of their skulls out with little effort. Tossing it aside, he cuts off the legs of another bandit. Falling to the ground.

"My legs...my le-" Before he can say the last of his words, Razogul stabs his sword into his head. Instantly killing him.

"Now time to kill the rest...oh?" Seeing that his skeletons have reduced by half, he looks to see the rest of them have died. Frowning, he looks at the bodies around him.

All around are countless corpses, eyes wide open in fear. As if they didn't expect this to happen to them at all. Blood all around him and Razogul covered with it as well.

"Dirty...time to clean myself up." He unleashes some of his dark energy and gets rid of the blood on himself. He then looks towards the civilians bodies that he found and bows.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you...don't worry. I'll help end this massacre." Vowing this, a shadow appears on his back, evilly smiling at the chaos ensuing. Razogul not noticing this, proceeds with his mission.

(@Kysil @AmIaCat @Quaesitor )

Nurman, Night Ghost, Kysil and 6 others like this.
  15. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin suddenly feels someone talk about reminding him of something....
    "Wait doesn't my voice also be heard by the other guild members?" Jin's face suddenly heats blushing furiously. "ARGH!! I did something so embarrassing!!" he covered his face with both hands.

[The Tigers-kin thanks for your warning]
    [Your Tigers-kin's Intimacy increased to 15%]

"Achoo... why do I feel like someone is talking about me... Well no matter atleast the Tiger-kin are distracted" Jin said gleefully
    "...Master Vodka are you alright?" Bernard said while running towards bringing iced tea.
    "Oh it nothing~ thanks for the drinks... let's clean up," Jin said with shrug. Jin started to walk leisurely killing the remaining bandits with his followers.

"Well let's cleanup the trash~
    Make sure you do your job~
    Don't even leave some dust and erase them well~
    Burn the trashes, obliterate them to nothingness~
    But spare the recyclables and turn them into better stuff~
    It's a nice day for cleaning some mountain of trash~"
    Jin started to sing as he kills all the bandits, humming in a good mood.
    "Master Vodka is really cool!!" Bernard said with sparkly eyes while Lavri only stared silently.

Jin suddenly hears a sound of a guitar, he stared at the distance noticing a person surrounded by a large Elephant-kin.

"Some trash might be hiding in the deepest corner~
    Just make sure that you make them....."

Jin sang as he takes a stance gathering all the force on the tip of his ax and aimed at the Elephant.​

"DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" Jin shouted as he throws his ax like a javelin. The Elephant skin might be tough but due the force and distance, the ax penetrated his skin it stabbing and killing it.

"....!" the person holding the guitar suddenly stared at Jin and run at quick pace reaching in front of Jin in mere seconds.

'What the? isn't he too fast'
    Jin said amazed.
    "Thank you for saving me..." the person bows, his a bit taller than the Kobolds with gray furr carrying a guitar, a conducting baton on his belt, a flute, and a harp. "I'm Flyx a Catsith and a bard..."

"Cat shit..?" Bernard tilts his head.
    "......." Lavri hits Bernard head.
    "Ouch! what's that for Lavri!!" as he rubs his aching head.

"No worries, it's our job" Jin smiled, leaking a small laugh from the Kobolds antics.
    "Thanks... I can't help but notice that you have a nice voice even though the lyrics are a bit unique" Flyx said with respect.
    "Oi oi oi~ you're making me blush" Jin waves his hand blushing.
    "May I ask for your assistance, I can't find my wife... well you help me?" Flyx said bowing his head. "She's a Nekomata and has a white furr wearing a pink dress".

"Sure!! I'm Jin Vodka and these Kobolds are Bernard and Lavri... you can leave it to me." Jin pointed. "Bernard climb to the rooftop and Lavri use your nose to smell any cat women"
    "ROGER!!" Bernard started jumping to the rooftop while Lavri disappears.

"Okay I'm going to search too" Jin proceeds to take his axe.
    "Sir, please let me come with you, I'll do my best and support you," Flyx said chasing after Jin.
    "Sure! let's go" Jin gives a thumbs up.

As Jin is singing while killing bandits that they passed while searching. Flyx plays guitar and matches Jin's singing.

They suddenly saw guild member Kynn.
    "Oh,~ lets say hello" Jin proceed to run but suddenly stop.

"Oh, sir Vodka? what's wrong..?" Flyx calls out to Jin.
    "Ah~ to blocked or not... Hmm what a hard decision" Jin stares at Yoru and Kynn, then moves his eyes to Flyx.

"Well I still need to help you search for your Wifu... let's go Flyx" Jin started to walk away.
    "Yes thank you very much!!" Flyx shouted following him.

As Jin walked he found a soldier, "Oh wait isn't that Yanagi Ichijou, let's go ask him if he saw a Nekomata lady!" Jin runs toward the JSDF Soldier while Flyx is following playing a bgm with his flute.

@ToumaNorstein

16. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't need my assistance retaking the eastern gate. It's totally not because I'm too busy pampering Vhera with tropical fruits to help. This and that have no relations at all.

Anyway, now that I look at it everyone's running around like headless chicken aside from Shady at the main castle. Might as well redirect them somewhere productive.

A massive bolt of flame rapidly rose accompanied by screechingly loud whistling sound. It exploded high in the sky into a series of word, "GET MOVING FOOLS!" as well as massive arrows pointing at the final gate down south.

Well, it's probably way too rude considering that not everyone got bird's eye vision to find directions, but that's not my problem. Yep, not at all. Now Vhera, say aaah~

14/20. Can't believe everyone's failing at basic math.

17. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    " !!!!! " - Kynn

Kynn jumps in surprise and fell from Gen's back.

' Grrrr!!! ' - Gen
    ' nom~ nom~ ' - Tail

Gen Tied to Scare away the new arrival who is bloody all over ansd scared his master but The Tail keeps on eating without minding the situation.

" Waah!! Scary Furball!! " Is Kynn's reaction and quickly jumps back on Gen' and Quickly " Run away Gen! " Trying to take some distance and ran towards the gate.

Though because of being hysteric, Kynn threw alot of Ice pike and ice spear around but didnt hit the Scary Furball nor the innocent townspeople. It did hit Bandits that was on top of the roofs, on the alleys and someone who was going to swing his saber at a mother.

- Yuki Pov -
    " Hmm~ " *thook* " lalala~ " *sploosh* " master~ where are you~ " *Gaaaaaaaah!!!!*

Hi~ This is Yuki~ i am currently Throwing some Icicles on the Bandits while Searching for master who took off and have fun on her own~ Hitting their chest doesn't mean they die instantly and they dont bleed since the Icicles i There Froze their blood and wound so they can suffer and regret attacking the Town~

" Die Freak!! " - Bandit Archer
    " Arara~ aint that a little rude? " - Yuki

The Bandit archer shoots an arrow one after another but i Defended with a Newly Created Ice Halberd, Flicking the arrows away from my Beautiful body that is only reserved to master~

Running out of Arrows, The bandit decided that i was a bad idea to stay away seeing his Fellow bandits suffering with a metre long icicle embedded on his Guts. He quickly Grab a Sword and jump at me~

" Graaa!!! " - bandit archer
    " Arara~ thats no good you know~ i dont like Pushy Men~ that to say~ i already have master so you have no chance~ " - Yuki
    " Gahaa!! *Vomits blood* someone already rejected me even though i didnt do anything!?!? " - Bandit archer

The bandit Vomits Blood out of Single rejection? This Bandit might be Funny and master Could Use another Servant~ though he is a bit smelly..

I quickly threw 3 soft water balls and splashes to his head, wetting him and threw another set but made those waterballs spin like a washing machine.

" *Glurgle* !!?!?!? " - Yuki
    " Be Clean and try to smell good~ im letting you meet master~ " - Yuki

I then summon some wind and dries him up, now that he is at the very least, clean and doesnt smell like some random Canal and manhole from somewhere~

" Hmm? You have a presentable and cute face for a bandit~ and youre Young~ master might really have fun with you~ " - Yuki

Summong another ice block, i turned it into his "shackles" and drag him along with me. Though that is where i noticed A Fainted Cat-Kin Boy.

" Oh? Its maligno~ Maligno~ hmm? He doesnt seem to wake up even though i called for him... Well lets also bring him too~ " - Yuki

Saying that i flicked my finger and the wall on my left opens a rip in space towards master's Mini Forest World. Brynd , a burning Wraith Fox Steps out and Grabs Maligno, Putting him on his back. The Bandit Boy is Clearly Scared and almost fainting, Brynd Catches him and also lets him Ride on his back.

" Now~ lets go and Follow master~ " - Yuki

(( @Kuma Desu @JinVodka @Hatchy @AmIaCat @Quaesitor @BlancFrost @Zerith @Razogul ))
    (( Raz ill send Lou to you later ))
    15/30

Nurman, Carm, Razogul and 4 others like this.
  18. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I run out to Sin as I asked him, however there was no response and I couldn't see him then I turned my head back to him. I take a closer look and found him lying under a giant elephant-kin, I guess Sin has avoided the club and the sword that impaled the bandit with. Sadly for Sin, the elephant-kin collapsed on him before he could move lost the consciousness in the process. Hmm... a wonderful C ranker, isn't sh- I mean he!

As I could see that Sin wasn't wounded, so I took him and my blade with me and forced the guards to take care of him for awhile. I know I promised to let them do what they will, but I'm sure that they could spare one or two person for a pretty person like him.

"What will you going to do, miss?"

"I want to somehow secure the gate better, so I need to take a look."

"Understood! I wish you good luck at your mission!"

"Y..yeah.... sure."

Is that admiration I see in his eyes? Why will a guard like a cold murder like me, people who like strong people are strange.
    Don't mind the guard anymore I watch the gate, clumped walls with fallen doors, once magnificent gate that protect this city, has broken down to this ruin like state. As I take a look around me, I took in the battle scene in my surroundings. Begging, mad laughter and screaming of murder was anywhere, the streets fill of blood and lifeless bodies make it like a scene of hell, and suddenly a vision with a similar scene appeared in my mind.

It was like this scene with the gate was a trigger, a vision that look like a memory that feel like mine yet not really mine, it give me a knowledge or rather, it unsealed a knowledge I already have? A spell I never had use before was the knowledge, yet I was sure I could use it, the power was just like the mystery battle payer I used before just on a smaller scale. I never knew how I could use that power before, it came neutral to me like this memory. I use my sword to draw a magic circle with an old inscription used for barriers, well I can't say what most of them mean. As soon I was done I froze the ground so the circle will be safe for a while, next I hit a hole in the center and cut my wrist and let the blood run into the magic circle through hole.

Then I was done, a dome like barrier with a strange power started to work, the bandits got pushed out and any allies could be safe in it. As long you don't take all mana like energy in the air or destroy the circle, it will work until the ice melt too much

With the East Gate truly secure, and after I healed the cut with a potion, I turned back to Sin.

"Sleeping princess~ it time to change a less bloody outfit~ how about cinderella theme?
    fufufufu~"

[​IMG]
    As I wait for him to wake up, some of the citizens said they want to helping by cleaning Sin clothes, otherwise the children who came for protection will peek curiously at Sin. Since I lost a bit too much blood, I rested as I told stories about the Cinderella here, or some of adventures with the guild for both kids and adults. I do wonder why the crowd getting bigger, maybe Sin will be an idol here as well, just by sleeping!

Edit: I forgot to tag @ExitedDeviljho

Hatchy, Nurman, udonsage and 7 others like this.
  19. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened. We had just passed the elder tree and was on a good track to port. The children were looking quite relieved when out of nowhere, a Tiger-kin dashed out and slashed at the teenage girl who had thanked me earlier. The child she was carrying was gone that quick and her left arm was cleanly amputated elbow down.

The children were frozen in fear and disbelief. Before they could even completely register what had happened, I shouted at them.

"MOVE!"

The older ones had the sense to pick up the children and dash away. The eldest helped the injured girl and when they reached for the fallen boy she had been carrying, I said urgently, "Go! Leave him! There's nothing you can do."

They were both crying as they staggered away. I slashed a Soul Cleaver at the bandit when I saw him turn towards the fleeing children. He cleanly dodge my shoddy attack and was about to leap at the teeneagers when I finally let my contol go.

It only took a moment and suddenly, the surrounding area grew cold. The change of temperature was so abrupt that the bandit turned to me fully alert. Odd, also, was the fact that a suffocating feeling of unease pervaded the immediate vicinity. I knew at that moment that the whites of my eyes had bled to a deep shade of purple and that the irises had turned bone white, my pupils the same.

[​IMG]

My Kalman Väki side had shown itself. In the past, I had kept it in check not outnof hatred for my father but for the safety of those around me. In this persona, I gloried in death. It was not out of sadistic pleasure. Rather, it was a right for me to demand it. Kalman Väki, after all, were fae governing spirits of the dead.

I could see the bandit was now looking concerned. As he should be. I could see it in his eyes that he had decided to just runaway. A pity I will have to disappoint.

I swung my left dagger and the ignis formed the arc for Soul Cleaver but with a much more devastating ignis blade than the regular one. However, this was not meant to wound. This was meant to disarm and it did it's purpose wonderfully.

I watched as the blade he was holding flew in an arc and as he saw his weapon leaving his grasp, I rushed at him. Before he could even react, my right hand grasped at his face and used my momentum to ultimately push him back to the ground. The back of his head hit the ground with a sickening crack but it merely caused him to grunt in surprise rather than pain. Good thing tiger-kin seemed tough.

The bandit was about to claw at my wrist so that I would let his face go but he stopped in his attempt as I poured into him all the malice I felt in the area. This time, his scream was truly from excruciating pain wracking his body. With hin writhing before me, I finally let the bastard go and rose up to my full height.

"What did you do to me!?"

As an answer, I said, "From where I'm from, they called it Plague Bringer. In truth, I merely let the unfulfilled souls of the dead feed on yours. The physical manifestation is that of a plague victim. Thus, the name."

The bandit screamed and screamed as he tore at the sores appearing all over his body. Soon, his fingers had started decaying even as he shouted for mercy. I ignored him. I left the bandit to rot as I crouched down towards the lifeless body of the child. Picking it up, I headed to the port.

1/20

[OOC] Sorry it's kinda bleak. Will try to edit when I wake up. It's currently 5:42 am here. Hope I can still get a few entries in. Anyway, aqcuired skill Plague Bringer. Special conditions apply.

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Carm and 2 others like this.
  20. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    "............Wow..... Instantly got rejected on the greeting. "

Seeing Kynn running away like that, he drops on the floor in despair. But eventually, he got over it and stands up.

" Well anyways, what do I do this time? "
    Hmm..... Let's see... I guess I'm gonna find Raz? Nah... Let's find something to kill.

He jumped on the roof and examined the surrounding.

"Let's see.... Elephants, tigers, Humans oh! That girl is pretty cute! *cough* "

Where wil I go, I wonder?

When suddenly, he heard a nice flute sound.

" That's Jin! "
    But who's that guy following him? Anyways.

He rushed towards Jin then jumped down on the rooftop and gave Jin a smack to the head.

" Finally found You! "

18/30 ?
    (( @JinVodka @Razogul @Kysil @Quaesitor ))

Hatchy, Nurman, Kuma Desu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.