Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paradise POV

The streets ahead of us were filled with corpses. Be it from humans, elephant-kin or any other beastkin race. Be it from bandits or citizen. Piles of them around me.

In comparison, the streets behind me were wiped clean. Only the blood remained as sign of battle, for all the corpses went inside my Item Box.

Gen, the kobold, and Hatch, the goblin archer, jumped from roof to roof collecting the corpses of the archers that were there, while the rest of the goblins and I collected the ones in the ground. Sometimes we even stopped to wipe the buildings clean.

And like that we cleaned the city, more or less, in our way south.

Eris POV

Me and Grom were running in the southern gate direction to help with the battle. We had both picked up some new weapons from the dead bandits, so he was with twin axes from a dead tiger-kin berserker while I was holding a maul from an elephant-kin juggernaut.

Different from the mallet, the maul strangely felt natural in my hands.

We were in a rush to search for Paradise, but for some reason I feel like she’s taking it easy in this raid…

It makes me want to test out my ‘brand new’ maul in her.

While we were in our way, we met a girl in the middle of the street waving her arms and yelling.

“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY, HERE~ HELP ME~~~~!” (Girl)

It was a girl with a long brown hair tied in a ponytail, with puffy bear ears poking out of her hair. Her height wasn’t that different from a kid’s, though she was taller than Paradise. Her eyes were amber colored, but they seemed to gleam in a sinister way.

I stopped in my tracks and said.

[Who are you?] (Eris)

“I’m Kuma, from the Guild too~ Hey, giant girl~ Give me a ride, please~?” (Kuma)

[Hm… I don’t know why should I.] (Eris)

“You’re going to the south gate, right? I’m too! So why not~?” (Kuma)

[I’m not a giant, but… well...] (Eris)

It wasn’t a lie that I was heading to the southern gate. Actually, I think that everyone else is also heading there. The bear girl smiled innocently as I sighed.

[Fine, hop on.] (Eris)

“Yay~” (Kuma)

I extended my hand and pulled her to put her on my shoulder. After confirming that she had secured herself there, I resumed my running in the south gate direction.

[OOC] 4/25. Still a newbie here.
    @Kuma Desu

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Nurman, JinVodka, Irradiate and 5 others like this.
  2. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Razogul looks over and sees an unfamiliar face. Seeing her look in fear at himself. Seeing this, he smiles.

"My name is Razogul, I'm an adventurer who came here. I'm friendly!" Introducing himself and shaking her hand. Seeing this, she eases up and introduces herself.

"My name is Presia..." Saying this in a whisper, Razogul sighs.

Seeing that this area is mainly secure, he gives a command.

"All skeletons shall stay here and secure this area. Anyone who wants to come with me, enter the dark portal." He puts his palm out and opens up a dark portal. Dark energy creeping out of it. Seeing Kynn and Yoru come over he smiles.

"You two are coming with me!" Before he gives a chance to respond, he carries Kynn into a princess carry. She blushes and Yoru stares at Razogul angrily.

"Raz...she can walk."

"Isn't it better this way? Quicker as well! Into the portal we go!"

Leaving no leeway, he jumps into the portal with Kynn. Yoru coming as well to take care of Kynn.

"...I should go with them..." Presia looks at it and goes into it, showing they're a few blocks from the southern gate.

Razogul puts down Kynn and smiles at them.

"Well, time to do our jobs! Good luck!" He rushes off to the southern gate to help secure it.

5/25

@AmIaCat @Kysil @JinVodka @Quaesitor @Kuma Desu

Kysil, Nurman, Irradiate and 7 others like this.
  3. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    - Before Raz came in -
    - Yoru's Pov -
    Noticing Kynn being scared like that, he realize the reason and immediately retractd his bloodlust.

There.... Should be fine now, but.... Nothing I can do with the blood all over me. Now this is the time, I was thinking about getting a cleanse spell but, I don't have mana!!!

While thinking about this, an announcement was made by GM, shouting at the castle.

Wow..... I'm surprised he can shout like that.
    Anyways, back to business.

After giving my greeting to the cat lady, she-

"By the way, the name's Yoru. Nice to meet you."

He went closer and was about to shake hands with her. When suddenly, she became startled her fur is raising like she's very afraid. He soon realized the reason.

Raz came rushing to our place with his army.

"Raz...... You did know that, a f*cking army of undeads will scare shit out of anyone that doesn't know you. Right?"

He shook his head then place his hand on the shoulder of the cat lady to make her calm.

"Goddamn you Raz!"
    This does not count.
    (( @JinVodka @Razogul @Kysil ))

4. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwaah….So many dead bodies….I think I’m going to be sick. This is not what I expected…No, sadly, this is what I expected. Destruction and death all around….Oh, grandmother in heaven, please give Elyn strength….

“Elyn.”

“Y-Yes!”

“Why are you so surprised?”

My leader, Blanc, said that while tilting her head to the side. And her eyes certainly said that she is anything but happy that my mind was not in place just now.

“…I-I’m sorry.”

“I know I told you to relax, Elyn. But don’t be careless. We’re in a battle.”

“Yes, Blanc.”

Blanc is right. We need to be more careful. Especially after we have reached the south gate. So many bandits and so many of us against them. Even to my untrained eyes, I could see they are desperate to defend the last gate. Of course, it is understandable. They have lost the control of 2 gates and when this is closed and secured, they will have to retreat….Please retreat….Even though I hate you, I don’t want to kill you if possible.

“So, what’s the plan?”

The three of us stared with wide eyes. Why? Because the one that asked that is Jibs. Jibs of all people! Even Aika quickly came toward her and quickly checked her for wounds while saying “Ojou! Ojou! Get yourself together!” from time to time. And to break that mood, I could hear Blanc cleared her throat.

“I guess we can just attack them straight on. I know, I know, don’t give me that look, girls.”

Yes, I thought Jibs and Blanc had switched places. And then…

“Ouch!”
    “Ow!”

“Ouch!!”

The three of us were whacked on the head by Blanc. Of course, they were just a gentle pat. But that really surprised me. I guess the three of us were thinking the same thing. Oh, I think Jade also want to think like that but I guess he is too preoccupied in handling the spider that tried its best not to slip from his head.

“Look here. The bandits are in disarray. They are desperate. They will attack in a rush. All we can do is attack them back quick.”

The three of us nodded at her explanation. As always, Blanc can read the situation.

“Elyn, give us armor and long range support. Jibs will support us with long range magic while covering Elyn. Aika, you go with me.”

“””Yes, ma’am!”””

As soon as she said that, I quickly pulled out my ice Grimoire and supplied mana to it.

Chilling wind of protection, encase us with your eternal ice and defend my life

A magic circle appeared under us and then I make the mana condensed to a more solid state than usual. I want to protect them. And protect them I will!

“Frost Armor!”

The moment I said that the magic circle broke apart and the fragments quickly covered all of us, making armor made from ice. It’s not cold, but it will protect us quite nicely. And it is quite thicker than usual, giving us more protection against enemy attack.

“Good work, Elyn. You have done well.”

“Yes~! Very cool, Elyn!”

“Good job, Elyn.”

“Ehehehe!”

I blushed at Blanc’s compliment. The other two also gave me their compliment, making me blush even more.

“Well, Elyn, you will do the first attack, as usual.”

“Uun!”

I point my hand at the group of bandit in front of us and then pulled out my fire grimoire.

O fire that will burn those foolish enough to harm me, arise and leave them to ashes.

Unknown to them, I have made a large magic circle under them. And just to make it even more difficult to be detected, I put only the smallest mana I could give. I’m sorry, but I have to do this.

“Fire Pillar!”

With a flick of my finger, I push all the mana it needed in one go, resulting in a large flame that devoured them immediately. I ignored their plea for mercy and cries of agony as they were being burned alive. I’m sorry….

“Girls! Your turn!”

Before I joined them, I also pulled out my dagger and then cast Fire Pellet into it. Now I can support them easily.
    (( 6/25 @BlancFrost @Jibs ))

Nurman, Carm, Irradiate and 7 others like this.
  5. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

I was at the moment in the shoulder of the giantsun, Eris. She was a very friendly person, to give me a ride~

Her while hair is also so silky and feels good to hug, so I kept snuggling in it.

[Hey, stop that!] (Eris)

She protested, but I wasn’t intending to stop.

But, she’s really impressive. We were able to arrive in the vicinities of the southern gate in no time. There was a lot of battles happening there, and I was able to spot some people I knew.

Kynn being carried in a princess carry by Raz, Blanc running in a flashy yellow dress.

Though what surprised me the most was a girl collecting corpses in the border of the battlefield in the opposite direction we were.

[Paradise… that damn girl.] (Eris)

“Someone you know?” (Kuma)

[Yeah, someone I know really well.] (Eris)

The strange goblin carrying two axes grumbles from the side. It seems like this group is really interesting~

“So, what you’ll do?” (Kuma)

[Well fetch her, of course.] (Eris)

I see~ So well fetch her~

Wait, isn’t her in the other side of the battlefield?!

When I looked back to Eris and the goblin, both had fearsome looks in their eyes as they smiled.

What should I do~? I’m liking those people train of thought~

Summoning Inkarnation des Schneesturm again, I descended from Eris’s shoulder and prepared to rush inside the battlefield.

We were promptly greeted by a group of tiger-kin raiders as we entered the battlefield, lead by two berserkers.

Although Eris seemed really strong, as she dented the ground with each swing of her maul, the tiger-kin were agile, so they could avoid her heavy attacks easily.

I activated my cold air, limiting its range to something like two meters around me. This should be enough to restrain the tiger-kins even if for just a bit.

The goblin with two axes jumped in the fray, holding one berserker while I took the other one. Eris’ job was holding the small fries.

OOC: 6/25.
    No changes~

Nurman, JinVodka, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  6. Zerith

Reading List:
    Link
    …Bad….bad….bad….Terrible!!!

“J-Jade…where are the other?”

A slight groan escaped my dragon familiar as he still perched on my shoulder. I don’t know whether he is just too calm or he doesn’t want to tell me. As for why I’m panicking, it is because I lost sight of my teammates! I couldn’t really see anyone since the place is teeming with enemies. I was too busy defending myself and launching spell after spell to finally notice that I was left behind.

I know I shouldn’t be panicking, but I’m still worried. I also know that the girls are faaaar stronger than me and they can take of themselves. But….I just can’t help but panicking….

“Kya!!!”

Suddenly I felt something bumped onto me. I was ready to stab that person but I stopped when I realized that it was one of ours. I just know that it one of the guild’s member. But…

“So terrible…”

So much blood poured out from the girl’s open wound on her arm. I could also saw that her clothes have been ripped apart here and there. Thankfully, her important parts was still covered, although only a slight more and it will be bare for all.

Just when I was examining the fallen girl, I heard sound of vulgar laughing. I looked up and saw several bandits. I could see about a few of them. Judging from their weapon, what befalls the girl is their fault. As I looked at them, they spit out vulgar words to us while looking at both of us as their plaything. I heard a lot of bad stuff happened to the female warrior when they go against those kinds of scums. And I certainly know they are planning to do a lot of horrible thing to the poor girl.

Freezing wind that affects everything, give me foundation for my feet

The moment they heard me chanting, they immediately rushed toward me. But too late.

“Ice Blocks!”

Wall of ice covered us, protecting us from any attack. I heard the sound of them pounding onto the wall, but I ignored that. I pulled my health potion and then pour that into the barely conscious girl. I also pour some on to her wound, hoping it might work. And I also pulled out a spare coat just to cover her body and then laid her gently.

“Please wait….I will deal with them.”

I pulled out my dagger and then casted Freezing Wind on it. The moment I did that, the dagger let out a very cold aura.

O fire that will incinerate anything in its path, come answer my calling and smith my enemies away.”

I put the “Fire Pellet” trigger on my left hand. I took a deep breath and then look at the direction of the enemies.

“Release.”

At that word, the wall crumbles and then I could see the same vulgar looks of the bandits. I felt my blood boiling. And for some reason, the fire spell on my hand flickered strongly, as if they screams to make me release them soon.

“Die.”

I quickly floated into their center and then swung my dagger. Together with that, freezing wind enveloped them, freezing them in place. Of course, not all of them have been caught by that. Some managed to evade just in time. But then I pointed my left hand toward them and flicked my finger. Barrage of fire pellet that seems to be much larger than usual hit them. Some on their chest, some on their head, some on their legs. In the end, only a few of them is left standing. I didn’t count the one left frozen by my first attack.

The probably still thought that I stood no chance against them since I’m all alone. And due to that, they charged toward me with weapon at the ready. I only tilted my head slightly while smiling at them. A few of them noticed that and they quickly stopped and try to turn away.

“Too late.”

I stabbed my dagger to the ground. And then a burst of freezing wind came forward from the ground, enveloping their feet. In a split second, their feet have been glued to the ground. Some tried to move only to find their feet became too fragile and it broke on the ankle. I then pointed my left hand toward them and flicked my finger.

“Please die~”

And then all of them get hit by my Fire Pellet, killing them right away.
    (( 7/25 @BlancFrost @Jibs ))

Nurman, Carm, AliceShiki and 9 others like this.
  7. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    After killing the 8th bandit archer, Nacrene felt a familiar presence approach her from the air. Soon a small, blue songbird landed on her shoulder and she heard Matthew’s deep voice resonate from its little beak.

“Have you met them yet?”
    She knew he meant the other two companions and she quickly did a scan of the area from atop her current rooftop. From a distance, she noticed a small, feminine looking fox-kin along with a tall, lean looking man, in his twenties, wearing leather armour and dual-wielding two swords.
    “Yes! I think I’ve found them…they’re at the town’s exit…It looks like they’ve also just met up too.”

After saying that, she turned her head to look at the blue figure perched on her shoulder, before going under a cloaking spell once more and jumping to the next rooftop, backstabbing a further 4 archers with her Black Rose daggers, sucking out their energy as they were being poisoned. The colour darkening with each new victim and growing stronger, sturdier and more powerful.

A few minutes later, Nacrene changed into her Rhialla persona and swapped outfits, so as not to reveal her assassin identity. She then jumped off the building next to her soon to be companions and cancelled her spell.

“Heya!”

(^_^)

She said with a smiling face full of cheer and innocence.

“Am I right in thinking that you two would be Faisal and Hatchy?”

8. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    "...there we go. I don't know if it's luck or not right now...but I'll just go with it."

The brightly dressed, fan wielding female spins around again as she uses her own momentum to knock out the black band bandits currently surrounding her.

A flick at their exposed necks is the opening she needs to escape the crowd. So many people, adventurers and bandits alike had congregated near the South Gate for the "final" countdown. Everyone was desperate for their own side...a little too desperate it seems.

*Oomp*

Another bandit bites the dust as they catch the tail end of her swing.

"Yellow seems to be a good choice. A beacon to call their attention...now if only I can find the girls with this method."

Screams sound out around her as the battle rages on. Death...so much death...uncountable sins piling on top of each other...such an avalanche will soon topple if your purpose is not to protect.

To protect those we love, to protect the innocents. To protect. Just to protect.

Blanc grimaces at the blood filled land and makes an effort to hop over them. Blood is easy to get out of clothes, but the thought of blood on her was not welcome. Not at all.

"Where are you. Please be safe." She breaths in and out deeply to calm her nerves and walks towards a clump of bandits.

They could be here right? Even if they aren't, these Tiger-kin seem to be doing something fishy.

Tiger-kin P.O.V.

"Who wants to go first?" Tiger-kin 1

"Ohohoh sharing? We may be working together but I don't want to share my meal." Tiger-kin 2

"Shouldn't we be eliminating those pesky reinforcements?" Tiger-kin 3

Angry growls erupt out of the remaining Tiger-kin as they are reminded of their task. They were going to happily eat here with the majority of their kin doing the work.

"Everyone is busy slaying each other! No one will miss us!" Tiger-kin 1

"I don't think it's possible to miss us but...fine pass that slab over." Tiger-kin 3

Roars of approval sound as they all dig in without abandon.

Blanc P.O.V.

What an odd bunch of Tiger-kin. Well they haven't contributed so I'll leave them alone for now.

After making sure the Tiger-kin didn't notice her, Blanc concentrates her senses to try and find the girls.

With so much time spent together, their light is something that Blanc can find without needing to close her eyes. With that said, a mass of grey light enters her vision...

Oh there she is...that grey light though...death...urg..Elyn what happened...

Blanc returns back to her senses and immediately starts running towards the direction of the blue light. Ah there were also the pillars of fire emitting towards the sky. You couldn't miss that no matter where you were...

Dodging around fellow adventurers who were engaged in their own battles, Blanc doesn't pause unless a body gets in her way. Something was terribly wrong and she didn't have the time to "dance" with the enemy.

The closer she gets the more nauseous she becomes. Not just because of the bodies...but the smell. Burnt flesh was not pleasant at all. In the middle of that is Elyn. She is rooted to the spot and staring blankly at her surroundings. At her feet is a unconscious girl who looks to be badly wounded.

"Oh Elyn..." Blanc pushes off the ground with her feet and hops a few steps before landing in front of Elyn. She twirls her around once to check for wounds before hugging her tight.

Jade growls but doesn't whack Blanc with his tail. Elyn was too shocked to react and just stares woodenly at the empty air. She releases a shuddering breath before leaning her full weight on Blanc.

Cries sound through the air as she releases her pent up emotions. With Blanc here everything will be alright. With Blanc here..

Nothing would matter.

Blanc lets her cry it out and murmurs words of comfort.

"We're here for you. Always."

Clashes of metal on metal sound behind them as some foolish bandits try to sneak up on the private scene.

"Tally ho! Or whatever you say in this situation." Aika spits out as she swings her twin katanas at the bandit blocking their axe.

Elyn hiccups an answer before wiping her teary face.

Brushing the hair out of her face, Blanc taps Elyns' forehead once.

"Remember."

"Uuuu..."

"Jibs to the rescue!" Jibs finally makes an appearance.

Thank you Jibs.

(( 8/25 @Jibs @Zerith ))

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Carm and 5 others like this.
  9. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin's followers started to run around rescuing civilians and killing the remnant bandit.

<Kobold Druid "SANIE" POV> [Plaza]

"I hereby ask for your assistance, oh majestic beings of the wind" Sanie used her ability [Animal Handling] opening her arms, Doves and Crows started to gather around her.

"To all the doves please heed Lavri calls, and lead the civilians to the port with the safest route.
    While the crows shall act as a scout to report any events and acts as communication between Bernard, Lavri and me"
    Sanie said with a smile, The Doves and Crows make a sound of agreement and flew away.

She started to kneel to the ground, "[Druidcraft]".
    She listens to the voices of nature and seeks wounded civilians that are all alone.
    .......She arrives at one of the wounded civilians

"Who are you?" the guard with wounded leg ask.
    "I'm a follower of one of the adventurers. We have come to help [Mending]" Sanie heals the guard wounds and a dove flew towards her. "Follow this dove he will lead you to the safest place"
    "Why would I believe? what if a bandit suddenly appears?" the Guard questions as he stands up.
    "Don't worry... Just trust us" Sanie smiles brightly.
    The guard could only be silent and nod. He started to follow the dove as it flew towards the port.

"Then shall we continue..." Sanie searches for the wounded while avoiding the Bandits with her abilities.

<Kobold Archer "BERNARD" POV> [Rooftop]

A wild screaming appeared as a couple is running away.
    "Hahaha you guys can't run!!" the Bandits snickers as they chase.

"Geez, these Bandits they remind of those fools" Bernard stared with blazing eyes. He starting aiming at their arms.
    "GAAHHH!! it hurts" "My arm!!" "Who did that!!" the Bandits screamed in pain. "That guy above the rooftop" one of the Bandits.

"Oh hello~" Bernard said waving his hand.
    "That bastard after him!!" the bandits run towards Bernard.

Bernard runs backward while raining arrows hitting their eyes and feets. Letting them crawl to death.
    "Ah spare me!!" "Please don't kill me" the bandits begs.
    "I'm sorry but~" Bernard looks down to them.

"But Master Vodka said trashes should die" He pulled his crossbow and aimed at their head.
    The Bandits look in fear at the child Kobold.

"I should hurry there is much trash to clean yet!!" Bernard said jumping to the rooftop following the green light leading to the civilians.

<Kobold Rogue "LAVRI" POV> [Dark alley]

"He he he, some of the strong humans left to the south we can steal and have fun with the villagers" the bandits laugh. Suddenly... his body drops down.

"What!?" "Whose there...?" "Dammit don't hide you, coward!"
    The bandits shouted searching for the one who killed their comrades.

Lavri suddenly appeared one of the bandits and slash his throat and disappears again.

"That Bastard!!" "No Someone just died!!" Swiftly all the bandits are killed. Lavri proceeds to follow the green light.

"Please stop!!!" A little girl shouted.
    "Hehehe this brother will play with you" as the Bandit tear up the man clothes. But he suddenly drops down dead.

"Are you alright...?" Lavri reaches out his hand to the little girl.
    "Thank you!!" she hugs Lavri tightly.
    "........" Lavri patted her head, seeing her clothes are torn. He grabs his large scarf on his neck and covers her body. "Don't worry... you're safe now" as he weeps her tears away.

A dove flew to Lavri shoulder and poke him.
    "Listen carefully, follow this dove and it would lead you a safe place," Lavri said with assurance
    "Yes, I understand!!" she smiles and proceeds to follow the dove waiting for her. She slowly shyly looks at Lavri, "Can we meet again.... I'm just gonna return this scarf!"

".......you can take it" Lavri smiles gently and disappears.
    The little girl look at the place Lavri disappears and whispers, "I will definitely never forget this"

(8/25) post not counted cause still at Rank E

10. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    I had lost track of time. It was a recurring thing recently. My archer support, Kiriya, and I were now sitting on the rampart taking a breather. I was nowhere near tired but I could tell that if I continued using Specter Guard as I had been doing, I would end up having a serious case of fatigue.

A runner had come by earlier carrying a fresh set of arrows and Kiriya was currently arranging them. War arrows on the middle quiver, organized by arrowhead types according to his preference, left quiver held hunting arrows, and the right contained special types with arrowheads like the hiya, flame arrows, and the dokuya, poisoned arrows.

When Kiriya noticed my attention, I told him simply, “I make yumi bows and was taught archery by my mother.”

“You make yumi bows? But you’re so young! Here, you have to be at least in your late 30s to be allowed to make your first yumi bow.”

In the temple I grew up in, a year in our territory was equal to three out here. I was actually much older than I looked but I refrained from saying that. Instead, I replied, “We were disciplined quite differently in our temple. We started rather young so I had actually made my first yumi bow at twelve years old.” When calculated, he was right to say late 30s.

Kiriya looked aghast. I don’t think he believed me but judging by how much he praised my Guild, I could be wrong. He seemed to believe that we were capable of doing the impossible and so far, we had made quite the spectacle by taking back the city. Now, only the South gate remained as an issue. We continued our conversation regarding bows and different arrow types until we regained enough strength to return to our task.

A certain Adventurer inside the fort had assured the archers up the wall that no arrows would come from the bandits inside. With that problem out of the way, Kiriya and I focused on the bandits on the opposite side. After that first elephant-kin I had managed to kill, I was able to take down three more after that. The bandits had become enraged and adjusted their strategy to protect their juggernauts and tried clearing out the corpses. Some were even left to be trodden on.

I was only a few meters away from the gate from where I was standing and it proved a good angle to shoot down the bandits. However, with 1 arrow to 1 bandit, it was endless. The runners kept coming back to make sure the archers had enough arrows to go around. Hopefully, they don’t run out but even then, the Guild would adjust and it would only prove to be a small matter. It was a smart tactic to leave the local warriors to participate in the battle. After all, it was their fort they had to take back.

I had my daggers at the ready. Refraining from using ignis activated skills, I focused on my Ignis Volley and Soul Cleaver and used them to their utmost. Ignis Volley, I’ve come to realize, had great penetrating power and was getting better the more I used it. Soul Cleaver, on the other hand, was highly dependent on the effects of my daggers. The left gave a curse effect that slowed down the enemies and made then a quarter weaker than usual. The right dagger with the lightning gem, Xolotl’s Bark, installed, caused paralysis.

Everything was going at a steady pace, all things considered. I wondered when the big stuff will happen like explosions and elemental fire walls. With these Adventurers, you never really knew what to expect. All I was really thankful for was the fact that I was still somehow able to ignore that incessant want of my fae heritage to access the souls of the dead. After this raid was over, I think it was time for me to do some proper research in regards to that. For now, secure the gate.

09/25

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Jibs and 1 other person like this.
  11. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been too long since I've shown my face for a mission. I've truly been gone for too long, only providing small smidgens of info as my whims decide. Today is time to show the true terror of a Doom Knight.

Quickly traveling in secret to the gates I see hordes of enemies crowding around, and numerous other individuals around holding them off. I decided to secure the gate immediately by taking action. Taking care to limit my strength I pull out my sword and start swinging it at any enemies in sight, wounding but not killing them. A Bandit Captain noticed me taking down many of his subordinates and decided to wear me down by sending a mass of Peasants and Bandits to attack me. Thinking that would be enough to wear down my strength before making an attack himself, he sat back and watched the show.

Chuckling at his ignorance I decide to expose the teensiest amount of my true strength. I tapped into the powers of the Elemental Plane of Darkness and cast a dark shadow over the entire surrounding area, letting the darkness reach almost 10 miles long. Not being able to see their own allies, the bandits immediately fell into confusion. The Bandit Captain wanting after seeing the darkness cover decided to call back his troops, but just before he did, I appeared behind the man and stabbed him in the heart, ending his life. For now, the gate is secure and I have left the darkness to linger, robbing the senses of the captain's subordinates. Maybe someone will find the heart to relieve them of their suffering.

10/25
    -----------------------------------
    A massive group of Bandits and Peasants now lack any senses.

Nurman, Kuma Desu and Jibs like this.
  12. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    A certain girl is surrounded by bandits she was clearly in a pinch.

"Come any closer, I'll chop and burn you to ashes!"

She threatened but the only thing she gets is laughter from the group of tiger-kin bandits.

"ahahhaha! That's cute little girl! Now if you just peacefully surrender you won't get hurt." The biggest tiger-kin told the girl followed by laughter.

"Haaaa? I'm not an idiot! who would believe you!"

"ahahahhahaa, I'm not lying! we won't hurt you! But I don't know about the person you will be sold to."

He states laughing again. The bandit leader points at 2 of his subordinates.

"You two, capture the kid. It's okay to get a bit rough but don't ruin the face!"

"Sure, thing boss!"

"Okay boss."
    [​IMG]
    Just as the two of them step forward 2 heads suddenly roll on the ground and two thuds are heard when the 2 headless bodies fall. In front of the 2 bodies is a girl covered in dark armor with horns sticking out of her on her head and tail can be seen which is attached to her.

“What?! How dare you kill my comrades you bitch! I’m going to skin you alive!”

“…..Is that so?”

The girl wielding a giant sword speaks in a gloomy voice.

“But…aren't you already dead?” Her speech is devoid of energy like she was tired.

“What the hel--!!! Ugghhhhhhhh!!”

The tiger-kin is about to shout something but before he can, dark flames sprout out of the ground below him and swallow him up. This is followed by more screams and howls of despair from the other tiger-kin.

Before long only ashes were left. The girl is about to walk away but before she could, the little creature she just saved hugs her from behind preventing her from moving.

“Wow!!! You're so cool!!” She exclaims with eyes glittering.

She felt a little uncomfortable at the little creature since she was so full of life unlike her.

“…If you say so.” She sighs in amazement at the little creature’s energy.

“You are! Also thanks for saving me! I thought I was a goner!” The little creature jumps down and moves in front of her and thanks her.

“.. It’s nothing to be thank…” Before she could finish her sentence the little creature suddenly emits a scream.

“That looks like Elyns' magic!” She said while look up at the pillars of flame from the distance.

“I need to get there fast! Elyn might me in trouble!” She cries in panic.

“Aika! Where are YOU!!!!!” The little bundle of energy shouts again. The girl then wonders where this creature gets all that energy considering she her small stature.

Then from a distance a person of this land carrying 2 oriental blades comes running towards our location.

“Ojou that’s where you are! Don’t go running off like that again.”

The person who just arrived then starts scolding the little creature.

“Okay~ Okay but right now we need to get over to Elyn she seems to be in trouble!”

“Ah... You’re right those pillars of fire must be her magic!”

Looks like her existence was completely forgotten.

“ummm….”

The person who just arrived finally notices her.

“ah uh *cough* I’m sorry you are?” she clears her throat and turns to face her.

Little creature then introduces her and explained how she saved her.

“I can’t thank you enough!” She bows down while thanking her.

“Unworthy of such praise…” She sighs in amazement at the 2-people’s energy.

“Well we can’t thank you enough but we have to go now! One of our friends is in trouble!”

“…if it’s urgent I can get you there right away…” She wonders why she even offered help.

“You can!!” (Aika & Jibs)

She nods, the small one held her hand and looked up to her with eyes if admiration.

“Please! We need to get there fast!”

“…...okay but don’t expect much out of me...” she held the 2 girls shoulder then a dark circle formed below them and they fell. The next thing they know they are above 2 women, a small dragon and a person lying at the ground and see could see some bandits sneaking up on them.

"Tally ho! Or whatever you say in this situation." The one wielding 2 swords shouted while dropping in front of a bandit blocking their axes.

"Jibs to the rescue!" the smaller one shouts.

She sighs once again in amazement.

11/25

(( @BlancFrost @Zerith ))

((741 words (^^") cutting it close))

13. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    It was neither too late nor too early, for fate to turns its course.

"Well. Thanks for the ride boy." an old man said to him, as he set himself to sit on the ground.
    Looking at the old man, he could only said, "Your welcome, old man."
    "Off you go now!" he smiled. "I'll be here for the time." he told Crowen as he bid his farewell.

It was beyond count how many people became victims. How many died? How many had cried in tears? How many of them who had lost their beloved? A dream of peace where laughter and smile of that the old man showed him maybe the only reason that people could fight and stand tall. Against powerlessness, and helplessness.

"I'm off now." he said to the old man for the last time before he sauntered through the camp entrance, looking for people who are in need of help.

He could just recklessly strode off to the main front, away, far inside the battle beyond the walls. But dying alone amidst a fierce battle won't solve anything. A single pawn. A single cog in vast arrays of sets of gears. It was never enough. But it doesn't mean that all was gone in vain.

It has no relations with how many bandits he stopped from looting. Either with how many elephant-kin who had fallen for his arrows. Or the hot blooded tiger-kin who apparently was mislead by someone's provocation. But in how he, and all of them could stand still and persevere.

The only thing matters is how they could stay strong.

A world where everyone smiled. A world for merry thoughts, song and food. A fleeting dream.

He could remember when the Guildmaster told them to tread their foot on this new lands.

"ALL PERSONNEL! CHARGE!!!" he remembered.

It was all he could remembered as he saw him heading to the direction of the castle.

Funnily, there was a rumor.

A girl, looking for help. A damsel in distress. To save her homelands. To save everything she had. To save herself. She made a deal with the devil. To help them to prevail against peril. And she offered him everything.

But he at least was sure that Shadow may had other reason for sending the adventurers. Maybe it was for the good. For the land or the people. Maybe it was the feeling that the flames may spread and the darkness it casts will grows.

Under his commands, are the movements of the adventurers. A proof that was fresh to everyone's eyes. Whenever he was running through the city streets to help the people in need. Or when he put himself into a strife to end their atrocities.

One may seen many things.

A massacre when a lone adventurers swung his axe.
    Bodies splintered in the streets.
    Beasts roaming freely. Ripping their body with a sweep of their claws and fangs.
    Death walked among people.
    They die by the swords, and live by the swords.
    When the bodies of evil doers split in half as their judgment came.
    Demons and undead are feasting upon them.
    Human and beast-kin altogether shivers as pillars and walls of ice stands upon their way.
    And at lasts, fires consumed them, devoured them.

Hope, is there for they who seek it.

It was for the one who needed it.

"Can you walk?" Crowen said to a child he found.
    The child nodded.
    "Where are your parents?" he asked again. The child shook his head.
    Hearing the words, he could only smiled, and asked, "Will you follow me?" and he added, "Maybe you will found your parents."

And so they walked together.

As they entered the port, he separated himself with the child.

Personally, Crowen was glad that he could save the child. He was thankful for the chance to make the child smile once again before the child strode off.

As he was to weary to continue, he chose to rest for a while. To put his arrows and bow down, and to recover his strength.

Looking back at the old man he saved before, his desperate eyes are now waiting with hope. Near at the cauldron and bonfire, people are eating with self-belief that the danger may pass.

It was the time when he noticed the spiders are approaching to him, and to the other adventurers. Stopping at their side, they stopped, and after, Shadow's voice could be heard.

The spider let out a slight green glow. He could heard Shadow cleared his throat and then leaned toward the spider.

“ATTENTION ALL MEMBER! THIS IS YOUR GUILDMASTER SPEAKING! SOUTHERN GATE IS IN NEED OF REINFORCEMENT! I REPEAT! SOUTHERN GATE IS IN NEED OF REINFORCEMENT! SECURE THE GATE ASAP!

Hearing the orders, he smiled. He rise, and walked tall.

It was not time to rest.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    OOC : Finally! And... does this make the counter rise to 12/25?

14. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Nekomata Dancer "PRESIA" POV>
    Presia flinches as Yoru touch her, 'Ah... is he worried about me? Hmm, his not that bad'
    Presia smiled and nod at Yoru to gave thanks but swiftly move her sight away. 'cough cough, this guy is dangerous his natural at being kind to women... I wonder how many women have fallen for him?'

As she keep on fanning to ease her flush cheek. Then the man leading the undead look at her, the undeads her frighten.

Presia looks around as she exits the portal. "Oh my~ so many Bandits and strong Beastmen, so chaotic" she fans herself as she observes her surroundings. She could also adventurers fighting the Bandits with vigor.

"Adventurers are really interesting beings... seems like my curiosity is raising.... fufufu" she laughs while covering her mouth with the fan.

"I can't just stay watch doing nothing" Presia pointed her fan to the Bandits, "Guess I'll give these bastards a performance"
    She sprinted towards the Bandits and slash their neck with his bladed fan. She nimbly dodges their attacks.

"This b****, you have done it" "You killed our comrades we will never forgive" "We will make sure you beg forgiveness!!" the bandits shouted glaring at the Nekomata lady.
    Presia laughs, "Geez, what naughty boys... didn't your parents not to talk to a lady like that?"

She proceeds to reach out her hands and wink, "Why don't you I release you fools from your worthless lives...?" as she started dancing towards them. The bandit got daze from her face and dance unable to move that they can't register her sharp remarks. Before they know it, they fall to the ground lifeless.

"Huhuhu, what a beautiful kitty cat. Why don't you play with this strong Tiger" a Tiger-kin grunt suddenly appears licking his lips as he approaches her.
    "Sorry~ but sadly your soul stinks" she proceeds to run forward slashing him but the Tiger just grab her thin arm and raise her above dangling her in the air.

"You should understand your strength lady... Guess I'm gonna bring you as a trophy hehehe" Tiger laughs.
    The grip of the Tiger was too strong that Presia lets go of her 2 fans from the pain.

Presia ears perks hearing a beautiful tone, 'That song feels familiar.. plus I could feel more strength raising to my soul'

Presia smiles and looks at the Tiger, "Geez... what troublesome man" she swings her body and kicks the Tiger chins making him let go of her. With that force, she leaps backward away from him taking out her whip from her belt. She swings them on the ground making a crack in the street.

Presia's face was full of hatred, "Now that you think about it, you just touch me... No strangers especially scum like you are allowed to touch me" She proceeds to whip the Tiger with all her strength.

"That hurt b****" the Tiger cursed but before he could continue.
    Presia already grabs the fans with her whip and slash the Tiger throat.

"Fufufu, you deserve that...." suddenly Persia notice more Tiger approaching her.
    "Geez... some men are really troublesome" Persia sigh and throws her fans towards her with her whip, then grabbing them.

"Then shall I perform a dance of blood with this beautiful tone" Persia take her stance and rush towards the enemies dancing with the tone of the spellsong.

OOC: 11/25.... Rank E doesn't count... Rank D to C counts only.
    @ToumaNorstein @Kysil @AmIaCat @Razogul

15. Zerith

Reading List:
    Link
    Pain….Death…Sadness…Grief…It’s all around me. I could feel it. The more I moved my body, the more I could sense them. All I could feel is darkness.

“Die.”

I then moved my hand toward the lump of dark feeling in front of me. I couldn’t hear anything except the slight heat of my fire spell. I need to do more. I need to fight more. I need to fight the darkness.

“Hmm?”

I lifted my dagger due to the sudden flash I noticed. At that, I felt a sudden weight on my right hand. Somehow, I don’t even feel any pain although I know that my arm is not supposed to be strong enough to counter whatever that abomination hit me with.

“Die.”

I uttered that the sound of freezing wind came from my dagger. It then made that trash near me into a solid block of ice. An ugly solid block of ice.

“Trash.”

I swung my hand and the ice shattered into millions of tiny pieces after a loud sound of breaking. It’s not any better. From an ugly solid block of ice into millions of ugly tiny pieces. No improvement. Still trash.

I heard the scream of fear near me. Ah, I couldn’t see anymore. It’s all too dark for me. But I can still hear them. I then pointed my hand toward that source of the scream.

“Fire that will KILL those TRASH that DARES TO COME NEAR me, DISPOSE OF THEM, EAT THEM, DEVOUR THEM, HELL’S FIRE!”

What came next is the cries of agony. Cries of death. I should be happy, right? I have disposed of the trash? I have clean up the filth? But I’m not. Why? Why?

“…what’s this?”

I felt a sudden existence came toward me. Unlike the other, it shines brightly. It’s blinding even after I’ve closed my eyes. Who are you? What are you?

“Oh Elyn…”

Elyn? Is that person knows me? Who are you? Before I could say anything, the person circled me once and then pulled me into a tight embrace.

….Ah…so warm….Wait…Blanc…..it’s Blanc….my leader…my kind leader….the one that told me we’ll get out of this together…I feel….tired…..very…tired…

“….Blanc…”

My mind is tired. My hand hurts. I could feel my head aching so much. My heart also aches. I want to stop….and thus I felt warm tears started spilling from my eyes.

“…”

I can’t say anything. I can barely breathe. But suddenly, I loud scream could be heard. I didn’t even realize it was from my own throat. It was so loud that I could feel that I might have ripped my own throat due to that. In the end, I couldn’t do anything but let out my frustration, sadness, tiredness, and burden to my group leader.

Slowly, the darkness that I felt started to disappear. The more I felt her warmth and hear her word, I feel more and more like myself.

"We're here for you. Always."

…Thank you, Blanc. Thank you. You’re right.

And then I felt more and more people came toward us. I can feel the ever energetic Jibs followed by Aika. And…wait, there’s someone else? And…an enemy!

I pointed my hand toward the direction of the new person. I quickly chant my fastest spell.

O fire that will strike down my foe, appear and shoot them down. Fire Arrow!”

Magic circle expands on my finger and then it shot out a large…black flame arrow? It struck the bandit that tried to attack us and quickly turned him into….ashes?...What happened?

“Elyn? Are you…okay?”

I looked at Blanc with confused eyes. She also looked at me with confused eyes. Oh, I guess those were just concerned eyes.

“I’m o-okay. Uun! Okay!”

What was that? Somehow my flame was…stronger. But…it felt much more…sinister? What happened?

“Elyn? Are you okay?”

I could see Jibs looked at me with the same concern eyes as Blanc. I then quickly slapped my cheeks and wiped my tears.

“Uun! Okay!”

I know that they won’t believe me like that. But I am okay. For most of it, I suppose. I will make sure that I will not do the same blunder again.
    (( 12/25 @BlancFrost @Jibs ))

16. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The gas grenades had started to take effect. Watery eyes and coughing fits halted the bandits and those that were outside the enveloping smoke has their visibility hindered, Kroenen’s mask grants him immunity from the airborne chemicals and with the Vampir system installed smoke and pitch black darkness cannot hinder his vision. Moving deeper into the residential area by traversing the rooftops his eyes are peeled and on the look for prey.

Finding a group of eight unsuspecting bandits he shadows them and waits for the opportune moment to strike, an oil lamp post was between him and the one leading brigands walking below when he made his move. Kroenen jumps down and fires the grappling hook pistol over the bridge arm of the post aimed at the man in front of the formation, the hook on the line projectile engages causing it to protrude from the head that went through the man’s right shoulder, Kroenen’s descent pulled the line taut which hoists his victim up the lamp post as he descends on to the next victim. The masked man had a US M1917 trench knife on his left hand as he swoop down the last man with its triangular blade biting down the base of the unfortunate man’s neck, he clips the grappling pistol to the dying bandit in order to keep the first victim hanging before rolling forward to engage the six remaining enemies. The masked man was mid-roll with a pistol in his right hand already unholstered and safety disengaged; third bandit took the knuckle duster guard of the trench knife to the right knee before having his femoral artery punctured, the fourth tried to retaliate with an overhead strike which Kroenen stopped before unloading three pistol shots to the gut. The other four readied their weapon as they position around the masked man who seems to be just waiting for them to make a move not realizing that his left hand now holds a sawed-off double barrel shotgun loaded with 00 buck. The bandits attacked once they've bracketed the masked man and had his back against the building thinking that Kroenen now has nowhere to run, the problem is he doesn’t have to. The masked gunman opened up with a shotgun blast to the front left attacker, the roar of 12 gauge death on a short barrel is louder than if it was fired on a 24-inch barrel which is seriously deafening and without the noise suppression installed on Kroenen’s mask his ears would be ringing for a couple of days. Eight 8.38mm diameter lead balls slamming at around 480 meters/s at an area the size of a man’s torso means that it’s not a question of the recipient’s survivability; it is about how intact the corpse will be. Sure enough multiple pieces of the bandit dropped dead and the loud report of the shotgun stunned the others, another but less spectacular blast follows half a second after the first one aimed at the right most bandit who crumpled down after the shot hit his pelvis, another pair of 9mm burst towards the bandit at the front right which hit center of the torso and to the lower jaw, the last of Kroenen’s assailant that was standing took the 12 gauge shell loaded on his double barrel. Approaching the one that was shot only once by the 9mm pistol that was on the ground and delivered the coup de grace before leaving for the southern gate where there are bandits still arriving from.

From the rooftops he gazed down the streets assessing if its width is enough for what he’s planning. Seeing that it was he took out the Ramschaufelpanzer StuG IV which is Sturmgeschütz IV equipped with a dozer blade and had the main gun replaced by front facing MG42 in a quad configuration. The roar of diesel engines was reminiscent of a hungry monster, a steel clad behemoth that crushes anyone caught under its tracks. Some of them would swear that the last thing they hear is laughter as the tracks ground their remains into slush.

13/25

17. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    On to the matter at hand.
    Whatever matter that is.
    I'm starting to feel the aftereffects of my ummmm I wanna say arrogance, and even though it is the correct word for it, I can't quite remember exactly the "phrase".
    Head something.
    Head longingness?
    That isn't a phrase, I know that.
    Such thoughts will plague me forever, always forgetting the right phrase for the current situation that fits just right.
    Although substitute phrases work, it doesn't give the same satisfaction as say, when you put in the final piece to a jigsaw puzzle.
    Hard headedness?
    No.
    *thud*
    "Oh excuse me."
    I say to the fallen bandit on the floor as I stepped over him.
    We might be murdering them, but I'm not a savage.
    I have my ethics.
    Sorta.

Well putting aside the subject of my morality.
    Or rather, the entire subject of morality, the thing is a hot mess if I've ever heard of one.
    I make my way towards the Southern Gate.
    Well, yeah, that's about it.
    Nothing too special of note.
    ....... oh a description?
    Why not.
    It's not like an eternal internal infernal monologue is entertaining.
    Ahahaha... I added the infernal part just for fun.
    Haaaaaa..... well let's move away from my boringness.
    Boringness...
    Boring....ness
    Nope, still not a word.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With my shield I tackled into a bandit close by, and then extended my arm, flinging him. I could confirm whether he's dead or not, as a sensible person would, but well, as any loud sound would create, I brought attention to myself. Man, why does metal on metal make such a loud irritable sound, though, if that was the main reason why these people were trying to kill me, we could've talked it out.

Nope, attention was purely from the guy screaming as he was flung. From pain or from being caught into the moment. You know, how like, you cry out in pain despite, you know, it not actually being painful. Don't say you don't do that. Because you do.

Besides, the sound of metal scraping against itself won’t really bring attention, or is rather unlikely, as, well, face it. It's a battle field. Swords, spears, shields are constantly clashing making the irritable noises. If I were to ever get PTSD from these types of things, I swear it'll be from these noises, the uhh metal clashing not the sound of flesh getting cut or the like for those who couldn't get it from context.

So I swung my mace at the face of the closest, somehow catching him off guard. Were they expecting me to deliberate longer? Oh good topic. Humans were born to make decisions, or at least, influenced that way, as such we have thoughts. This is both a gift, and a curse. Why? Well, we don't have the instincts of a wild animal, as such, we stutter, we think, we have a delay.

Let’s take a tiger for example, if you were to give it two prey, almost both exactly alike, and have them run in two different directions, the tiger will immediately chase after one, without giving it any thought. But we humans, would have a delay, we would think, debate over which one to go after, even if that thought is only a second or two, it's still a delay. The ups and downs of evolution I suppose.

*whack*
    "Oh...... sorry."
    I briefly the battle, the three guys seemed to have spent their everything in this fight. I feel slightly guilty. Here I was having an internal chat.

Off to the southern gate I guess where everyone is.
    Definitely not for the statistics.

Huh?
    What statistics?
    Well take it this way.
    People often believe going off alone is the best course of action.
    Now while stories lead you to believe this such as when there's a big battle and the MC leaves the main group on his own due to the "danger".
    Statistically wise, it's still safer to go as a group. Maybe 750 out of 1000 people died in that group while the MC lived. Sure, 750 people died, but 250 still lived.
    Meaning I have a 25% chance of living, whereas meanwhile those that deserted, usually people have around a 99% chance of dying. Again, we're mislead by the MC's point of view, making it seem that your best odds was to go solo when in reality, going solo has a higher casualty rate.
    I'll take my odds thank you very much.

(No count as I'm not at or see the south gate, and of course, everything is just my biased P.O.V. so take it however you please. Oh and exactly 750 words again.)

Jibs, Nurman, Kuma Desu and 4 others like this.
  18. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Something was wrong. A small group of bandits to the side of the gate outside the fort was signaling to someone inside. I shouted at Kiriya a warning that I was leaving and ran closer to the gate. I took a dangerous leap at a hanging roof section that was part of the structure and glanced down to check if something unexpected was happening. At first I didn’t see anything but then, I noticed that there was a certain flow now to how the bandits were moving in the gate. Then, I saw it. Three tiger-kin were protecting an elephant bandit who was, in turn, smashing at the hinges of the right side of the gate.

As great as my range attack was, I was at an awkward angle and there were too many bodies for me to get a clear view of the targets. When I saw that another team of bandits were aiming to do the same at the left side of the gate, I knew we had to do something quick. However, I wouldn’t make it there in time.

Instead, I stood up and made sure to stay visible from where I was and called out with a loud voice.

“ADVENTURERS! BANDITS AT THE GATE ARE TRYING TO TEAR IT DOWN! ASSISTANCE, ASAP!”

[OOC]: Other Guild Members, please help lol

14/25

FYI, given that the gate looks somewhat like this:
    [​IMG]
    My character is standing on that small, tiled roof immediately above the gate but inside the fort. So, good luck!

19. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle could change a person. The death associated with it would lead to pain. That stain upon their life will be remembered. Moving on would ease the brain. Hopefully...there is always hope.

***​
    We had an extra person...the polite thing to do would be to introduce herself. But Blanc didn't have the time to do that. If Jibs said they were safe then that was enough for her. Jibs sure did pick up random characters...even during a raid she could still be her cheerful self. Blanc is thankful, and didn't want anything to extinguish such a bright flame.

She is still worried about Elyn though.. but those thoughts are to be pushed to the side for now. As long as she keeps an eye on her, it should be fine. Right?

With the immediate threats dealt with they finally continue on the trek moving closer to the South Gate. Just as they were a couple hundred meters away from it a shout is heard from above.
    "Hey! I think that's someone we know! Her name is...Le-Le-Lev?" Jibs scratches her head trying to remember their fellow Guild members name.

"L-L-Levana." Elyn mutters this softly before clearing her throat. "Her name is Levana, Jibs."

Blanc smiles softly and ruffles Elyns' hair. "Let's go help then. Those Tiger-kin are doing something suspicious."

"Very suspicious!" Jibs cheerfully adds.

Just like that the tense atmosphere dissipates. It wasn't going to be ignored. But there was a time and place to sort out problems and the battlefield was not one of them.

Cupping her hands around her mouth Jibs shouts out loudly. "WE'RE COM...." The rest of her sentence is muffled by Aikas' hand.

"Ojou..."

"Jibs..."

Even the additional member to their group sighs.

Jade just glares at Jibs before huffing and thumping his tail on Elyn's shoulder.

Jibs just cheekily winks at them before pointing towards the doors. "I distracted them at least right?"

Oh it was a distraction alright. The team of bandits that were heading towards the left side of the gate, had finally noticed them and were making their way towards the group.

"Tiger-kin are the enemy it seems...hmm will you be able to lend us your assistance stranger?" Blanc addresses the horned girl, without looking away from the oncoming Tiger-kin...their speed really is incredible...incredibly fast...speed sure is a good thing in these...

Her thoughts are halted as the Tiger-kin aims a spear at her head. She swerves around it just in time for the spear to be planted in the ground behind her.

"...I don't think I will be much help...I'll try...don't expect much..." Her answer is rather monotone but Blanc paid it no mind. She dusts off her dress and dashes towards the Tiger-kin heading their way.

"Let's go then!"

"Unn!" Elyn quietly follows behind her leader making sure to keep Jade firmly on her shoulder as she readies her spells.

Jibs clings onto Aika and points towards the enemy. "Tally ho! Wait...why did you say that Aika? You seem to be learning weird things without me."

"O-Ojou now isn't the time." Aika picks her Ojou up with one arm. "Horn-girl you coming with?"

"...I'll make the portal again then."

"That wasn't the question!"

"Hurry Aika!" Jibs gets impatient and struggles out of Aikas' hold to run after her partners.

***​
    Battle scene. After battle scene. When will this end? Blanc is starting to get worried for the Guild members mental health. Not just her own partners but everyones...she had heard that Marie had arrived and set up a Medic tent and was eager to go visit her. Perhaps have a tea break...wait there definitely isn't time for tea.

"Don't ignore me!"

A pillar of fire scorches the Tiger-kin just as they say their final words. Eyns' magic had become stronger...so much stronger...but at what cost. When they got back, they all needed to have a checkup on their health.

"Blanc..." Elyn tugs on her sleeve with her head down. It seems like she didn't want to know what her leader is currently thinking...it definitely wasn't about abandoning them...but tea...yeah tea

She grips Elyns' hand tightly before pushing her away into the path of the running Jibs. Both girls skid back a couple hundred meters to witness their leader get knocked into the air by a club at least five times the size of one Jibs.

This gate seems to be harder to handle then the previous two. I wonder what the other adventurers are doing.

"""BLANC!!!"""

Well that hurt.

(( 15/25 We're here @NiQuinn !!! @Jibs @Zerith ))

Carm, Jibs, ExitedDeviljho and 4 others like this.
  20. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost winced as I watched Blanc (@BlancFrost ) fly in the air with that one hit. Before I could even see her descend, a dagger flew at me and, luckily, I brought up an arm to parry it with my arm guard. I readied my range attack, Ignis Volley. Unlike the previous times, this set was formed as six inch stakes and formed as five pieces in the span of two seconds. Per half a second, I could do an additional stake until I reached the maximum of nine out all at once. Any more than that and the ignis stakes became ineffective.

Ironically, this version of the Ignis Volley flew further but had less penetrating power unlike the arrowhead type that came in sets of threes. The latter, being a more concentrated version, flew faster and was more precise. These stakes were what she needed now.

Forming a solid nine stakes while using her daggers to ward off the arrows coming her way, she then sent the Ignis Volley towards where Jibs (@Jibs) and Elyn (@Zerith) were to keep the bandits away from them. I continued to act as their support using my volley attacks as well as Soul Cleaver in-between. It was a mentally exhausting tactic.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a club came flying at me. Yes, a club. It was so unexpected that I didn’t even have the time to put up Specter Guard. It was a solid hit to my side and it sent my flying off the roof I was in and into the mess of fighting below. Now, I used Specter Guard to cushion the impact of my fall. Even then, I knew I must have bruised some ribs. At worst, probably fractured them.

I lost sight of Elyn and Jibs. I was now in the middle of the worst fighting at the South gate. With a heavy sigh of annoyance, I slashed Rend at the nearest bandit and didn’t even watch as my dagger sliced through his stomach. With Ankle Biter, everyone near me began to slow. Even some local warriors got affected but at this point, it didn’t matter. I needed every advantage I could get. My right side hurt like the damned.

Soul Cleaver, Smite, Rend, and Ankle Biter. I did my attacks over and over. In the middle of it, I activated Hungry Spirit. I hadn’t used this in a while. This skill allowed for slow first aid by absorbing the life force of my enemies. With this, I hoped my injured ribs would be mended. However, if I did physical activity too much, the mending would take longer. Please, I hope Jibs and Elyn were okay. As for Blanc, wherever she was right now, I hope she was causing hell to these bandits.

16/25

Carm, Jibs, ExitedDeviljho and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.