Novel Sword Immortal's Rebirth (Chapter 31 and 32 are up...)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Dis gud?

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. I don't care

30 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. New readers, select this.

28 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Interlude 1: Mating Call

Meanwhile, a girl was flying in the sky with incomparable ease, her two legs balanced on a flying sword. As a core member of the Ten Thousand Swords Paradise, her flying sword art could allow her to cut through the heavens like a hawk. But for some reason, this girl’s flight was like a fleeing pigeon…

After passing through cities, villages, forests and lakes, she finally arrived at the branch sect within the Black Phoenix World, the Five Elements Sword Sect. Alighting outside the sect gates, she briefly flashed her Platinum Token to the two guards before wordlessly entering.

“That woman is sure cold. She always flashes her token and walks in. Even if she is a True Disciple, she should show some respect…” A guard complained to his fellow.

The other guard stayed silent for a few moments before speaking, “Heh, she certainly has rights to act like that. She is a 13 year old 3rd Stage Body Tempering cultivator, a true disciple AND the Grand Elder’s personal disciple. The two of them don’t even hail from our Black Phoenix world and the Grand Elder is here to act as a Dao Protector for the Sect Leader during his breakthrough… Compared to us 9th Stage Body Tempering cultivators with low hopes of breakthrough, sigh…

Hearing his colleague’s sorrowful words, the other guard shut his mouth.

Meanwhile, Ganwu Aina entered the Grand Elder’s room. Seeing Elder Shenhai sitting on a throne-like seat, she realized that he had solidified his position in the sect. A swift glance across the room revealed that the room was adorned with more valuables than the Branch Sect Leader’s own quarters.

“The Branch Leader is planning to breakthrough in 6 months. Before his breakthrough, he asked me to refine a Quadessence Convergence Pill for him. Since he had already collected the materials, I couldn’t refuse him. And so…” Sighing, he thought about how the Branch Sect Leader had cultivated his Bloodline, Battle Spirit, Spirit Sea and Elixir Field to its limit for a single chance for entering a realm his disciple was raised in…

“…We have to stay in this backwater world for half a year? I prefer the Perennial Swordlands to this Black Phoenix Great World… Sensing the Sword Dao in this world is too difficult…” Elder Shenhai noticed that his prodigy disciple’s face was red due to annoyance. Sighing, he began to lecture her.

“…You are fortunate enough to be born in the Perennial Swordlands. It is a Supreme World created after the Primordial Era ended, and contains the essence of the sword in its every inch of land. Cultivators from this backwater world, as you call it, would cut off their arms for a chance to step into that world. Unfortunately, only Spirit Ascension cultivators have the chance to ascend into it. You are one-in-a-billion, a daughter born to Spirit Vessel cultivators in a Supreme World! Having absorbed the World Will into your body at birth, your bloodline gives you supreme sensibility to the Sword Dao!”

“Even in such a backwater world, you should build your understanding of the sword Dao. Swordlight, Sword Qi, Sword Intent, Sword Domain, Swordforce, Sword World! The six steps of sword cultivation, step by step walk on the ultimate path!”

After hearing this, she would usually thank him and meditate. Sometimes, she would scowl before wordlessly running off. But this time, she actually spoke back.

“If I am so amazing, how the hell did I lose to a year old brat?” Hearing Aina’s question, Elder Shenhai was speechless. The one year old brat could only be Prince Heifeng. She lost to him?!

“I originally took an interest in that brat due to his skill forging low-grade Mortal Rank equipment from Common Rank materials. To think he was hiding an even fearful talent in the sword?!” As he exclaimed this, another question appeared in Elder Shenhai’s mind.

“You brat, don’t you find any shame while admitting that you bullied a 1 year old child? Suffering retaliation for your ill-doings, isn’t that karma?” As Elder Shenhai said this, Aina couldn’t help but bow in shame.

In reality, she still didn’t understand why she challenged him in the first place. From the moment they entered the Swordworld, she felt a desire to battle him rising within her. It was so much that she had to resist attacking him with a sword every step she walked. And after he defeated her, the desire changed into something she couldn’t understand at her age…

As she thought about it, an ideal excuse entered her mind. “Master, my bloodline called me to attack him.” As she said this, her master’s expression changed. Realizing the mistake in her words, she hurried changed her words, “No, not attack, a believe challenge is a better word… challenge him and compare our sword arts.”

Shenhai thought that the desire to attack could be a result of the boy being possessed by a demon or similar, but when Aina told him that her bloodline desired to ‘challenge and compare sword arts’ he couldn’t but gulp. The bloodline Aina possessed contained supreme sensibility to the Sword Dao and would unconsciously search for ways to cultivate it. If the bloodline would improve by comparing sword arts with a year old boy…

Suddenly, an idea entered his heart. With a flick, his finger began glowing with Sword Qi. Another flick caused a sword wind to strike Aina. At this moment, Aina subconsciously struck out with her own finger…

The force of the wind was countered and Aina didn’t move an inch.

“It seems like you gained some insights due to your duel.” Even though Shenhai was calm on the surface, inside his heart was in turmoil. Even for Aina, this level of progression was utterly heaven-defying!

“Master… How did my understanding Sword Qi progress by this much?” Even Aina herself couldn’t help her surprise!

“Aina, let me feel your pulse for a moment.” Shenhai immediately came by Aina’s side and pressed his finger like a needle on her pulse.

‘Her body has heated up. This isn’t a fever or the effect of a frail Dao Heart. No, it looks like sexual instinct… wait, how is this even possible…?’ Elder Shenhai’s face changed after feeling her pulse.

“…Mating Call.” On hearing this, Aina couldn’t help her surprise on hearing the unfamiliar word.

“Aina, remember what I taught you about bloodlines? Sometimes, possessors of bloodlines which have low purity or are of a lower grade are instinctually attracted to possessors of purer and higher bloodlines. For example, cat bloodlines are afflicted by innate mating calls when they meet tiger bloodlines.” Shenhai’s tone was extremely clinical.

“But master, you told me that my bloodline is ultimate, with no other possessors and thus I cannot be afflicted by it…” Even though Aina understood her master’s words, she couldn’t accept the reality that she was attracted to a year old boy! ‘Even though he is tall, strong and has exquisite sword arts…’

“Well, it seems like I was mistaken.” Shenhai smiled wryly as countless calculations were made in his heart. This boy was Heifeng Taixun’s full-blooded son, an innate genius in forging and was bathed in the love of the Sword Dao, even attracting Aina, the Perennial Swordland’s holy daughter!

“…So what do we do, master?” Now that she realized the problem ailing her, it was time to find solutions.

“Well, the boy certainly possesses an innate understanding of the Sword high enough to attract you. It is only natural that he possesses secrets that tower above the Black Phoenix bloodline.” Hearing Elder Shenhai’s words, the implication behind them entered her mind.

“Blackmail?” While threatening to expose his secrets unless he promised to make love to her when he entered age seemed distasteful, it was certainly an option on the table.

“That is the final option and not even guaranteed to work. Don’t forget, he is your fellow disciple and the prince of a Great World, so using your superior background is a better idea. Heifeng Taixun couldn’t deny a request from the Holy Daughter of a high-grade sect, can he?”

Morvian and Trent like this.
  2. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14: Phoenixflame Marrowforge

Within the illusionary Paradisiacal Swordland, Heifeng Jiansui was picking out books, flipping through them and putting them back into the shelves. This was a mechanical action repeated hundreds of times before. Using the powers of raw memorization and his ‘Boundless Scriptures Showing Dao’ art to memorize every manual in a jiffy, he had already covered ten bookshelves before.

Every book’s back was marked by a single dot of spiritual force from his Battle Spirit. It was a way of marking his advancement on the momentous task of reading through every book in this library!

Like this hours proceeded into days which turned into weeks which transformed into months. After flipping through countless books on myriad subjects, Heifeng Jiansui gained a clearer comprehension on various subjects. Most manuals were on sword arts, but the books on talismans and spells weren’t few either. There were basic mortal martial arts, there were manuals on poison and there were historic accounts and fiction novels as well.

Devoted to his memorizing, only a few days were left before he completed every book in the library. After scanning the library again for missed books, he left the library, returning to the true world.

Only a week remained for the three months to end. His body was without activity for three months. While there would be few problems due to the formation set up, it would be best for him to return and exercise himself at the earliest.

+++

Getting off the jade mat he was meditating on, Heifeng Jiansui withdrew the sword sheathed on his hip and began performing the Foundation layer of his Quintessence Sword Arts. After 15 minutes, his bones were emitting cracking noises and skin looked as if it would peel off. Finally sheathing his sword, he returned to the jade mat. It was time to check the manuals imprinted in his mind.

+++

Heifeng Jiansui was now in his Soul Space. Within it, a small library seemed to have been built. The ‘Boundless Scriptures Showing Dao’ Art had transformed this barren space into a book storage. Walking up to a shelf with a plaque of ‘Bloodline Arts’ fixed on it, Heifeng Jiansui began to earnestly read through the manuals.

The books dealing with bloodline arts weren’t few, but they usually had only a single facet of their arts dealing with it. For example, the Golden Talisman Body had a stage where blood collected from demon beasts would be fused into the body, the ‘Bloodboost Layer’. Most of the arts were like this, using the blood essence of beasts to refine the body or certain treasures.

Luckily, there was a manual which was different from the others, unexpectedly uniquely suited to him. The Phoenixflame Marrowforge was an art which would refine his body and bloodline into that of a phoenix. Since he possessed a relatively pure phoenix bloodline, it would refine his body further and remove impurities!

Unfortunately, it required a Phoenix Marrow Pill to cultivate in. While he did possess these pills, he certainly couldn’t digest them without dilution. And cultivating this technique required swallowing these pills whole!

“Maybe if I read some other manuals, I can figure out a way to cultivate this technique without pills…” Holding on to this hope, he began browsing the vast library within his mind.

+++

“Mother, my seclusion ended successfully. My comprehension of blacksmithing has increased as well! As such, I will be training my forging arts by accepting missions from the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise… Even though I will not be in seclusion, it would be similar to closed-door training.” After three months of non-interaction, he told his mother that he would be training in seclusion for more time.

“I suppose you have truly embarked on your path of cultivation. Let me inform you something, your sister has broken through to become a 4th stage Beastmaster! She can now fuse bloodlines of beasts together to train her physique! While she can only train the foundation of her mortal body for now, on the date the battle for the Black Phoenix Bloodline, she can use it to train her physique to the level of a 9th stage Body Tempering cultivator!” Hearing the warning about the progress of his mortal enemy, Heifeng Jiansui had a thoughtful expression…

“That girl must be training in the ‘Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler’ art. While cultivating in it is quite fast in the beginning, it will inevitably lower the density of the bloodline. Even so…” The Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule formation’s refining technique was written down in this manual. It wasn’t uncommon for a grand scripture to have other arts penned down in it.

“Due to the thickness of her bloodline, she began training in this art since the age of 3, so she can be said to have a good foundation. As for the side-effects of lowering the bloodline density, there are quite a few ways of resolving it, so it isn’t too much of a problem!”

“While she has been training herself as Beastmaster with the backing of the Five Sacred Beasts Sect, you are a Sword cultivator of the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise! A Sword Immortal’s true path is of attack, so if you train yourself wholeheartedly defeating her will be a cinch!” Saying this, she stroked her son’s head.

After exchanging these words with his mother, Heifeng Jiansui returned to his room and entered the Illusionary Swordland, going to the Mission Hall for some forging missions.

After checking the mission lists for forging missions, he took out the highest paying missions accessible to him (top grade Mortal rank swords, along with Dive Sword Spirit arrays inlaid) and accepted them all.

[Equipment materials will be sent within 24 hours. Kindly do not move from your set coordinates during this time.]

After this, he went to the Treasure Hall and browsed around for Earth Rank materials. Earth Rank materials were still separated into low, mid, high and top grades and the materials he wanted were all low grade Earth rank. However, their prices were still miles above top grade Mortal rank.

“I don’t need them now, but I’ll need them in three months or so. But for now…” He glanced at the equipment materials which he couldn’t afford yet, and resolutely left the virtual world.

+++

After a brief call to his mother warning her of flying swords delivering items, he returned to his room. This time, he put up the Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule formation, removed some remaining top-grade materials and began forging.

After his mission had been completed, the spatial ring was one of the many containing top-grade Mortal materials that he had appropriated before the Emperor terminated his access to unlimited materials. It would be unfair if he didn’t butcher this fat pig!

In the forging room, the sound of hammers banging resonated with the quietness of the rest of the residence. Heifeng Jiansui finally wiped the sweat off his brow as he looked at the finished 9 pillars forged from different elemental Mortal top-grade materials! This was another Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule formation!

Putting the new formation away in his spatial ring, he thought about the different ranks of blacksmiths. While it was possible to refine higher grade equipment from lower grade materials, the difficulty would increase with every grade. For example, refining Common mid-grade equipment from Common low-grade materials was something that could be accomplished by nearly every blacksmith. Common high-grade equipment from Common mid-grade materials was trickier. As for refining Common top-grade equipment from Common high-grade materials, it could be only accomplished by veteran blacksmiths.

Refining Mortal low-grade equipment from Common top-grade materials was the sign for a high-grade sect’s Forging Hall outer disciples!

Further, refining Mortal mid-grade equipment from Mortal low-grade materials was a test for qualifying into inner disciple with strength of 3rd Stage Body Refining. Refining Mortal high-grade equipment from Mortal mid-grade materials could be accomplished by core disciples with cultivation of 6th Stage Body Refining. And refining Mortal top-grade equipment from Mortal high-grade materials could only be accomplished by true disciples with the cultivation of peak Body Refining!

“Even though I have the strength of a peak Body Refining cultivator with this formation, I could not refine a Mortal top-grade equipment from Mortal high-grade materials before my seclusion. I wonder if I can do that now? We shall see that when the flying sword comes with the materials tomorrow. Now… time to see if the method I have devised for training Phoenixflame Marrowforge art works as planned.”

There were many methods of training body refining arts. Some could be trained with only the energy within the body, while others required pills. Some required special arrays for condensing unique types of qi.

The Phoenixflame Marrowforge required the special bloodline energy of a Phoenix to enter the bone marrow and refine them to perfection. A Phoenix Marrow Extract was required for training it. Without it, one could use the pure awakened energy of the bloodline to refine the marrow, but it would be wasteful, burning innate potential to cultivate external arts.

The essence of the technique was using phoenix qi to refine the marrows of the bone. Heifeng Jiansui had devised an alternate, unorthodox method to accomplish this this by piecing together the techniques from the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise’s archives.

After recovering his energy, he went to cleanse himself with a purifying bath. After this, he changed the formations so that they may converge energy into the Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule formation. After they were completely saturated, he changed the divine pillars into thin needles.

Setting up the formations so that they may block all sound, he finally checked everything once before commanding the needles to pierce into his body.

The screams emitted by the boy never left the confines of the room.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Morvian and Trent like this.
  3. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    I said would complete the teaser in a day, but took two days and no one noticed, hahaha! Also, @Trent I did the Interlude and c14 to address your complaints, ha.

4. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    o_o That ending.

-Sighing, he thought (make clear that it’s Elder Shenhai saying this, not a genderbent Ganwu Aina).
    -“…We have to stay in this backwater world for half a year? I prefer the Perennial Swordlands to this Black Phoenix Great World… Sensing the Sword Dao in this world is too difficult…” Elder Shenhai noticed that his prodigy disciple’s face was red due to annoyance. Sighing, he began to lecture her. (Make clear that it’s Ganwu Aina saying this, not Elder Shenhai)

I feel it'd be better to have the elder care more about the boy. It’s not surprising for his feelings for his own disciple to win out, but his lack of attachment to the MC does him no good. He's too much like a standard antagonist here, instead of a more complex, likable character.

5. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15: Iceflame Phoenix Godforge Art

“Aahhh… Ugh..Gwahhah!” With a hoarse scream, Heifeng Jiansui spat out nearly a gallon of blood from his mouth. The blood was blackish-red and emitted heat. This was remnant slag from the 9 pillars forged for the Black Phoenix Allbeast Formation.

After the black blood was purged, Heifeng Jiansui’s body seemed to be glossy and clean like a newborn child. Flakes of dead skin had fallen on the ground along with blackish sweat. An illusionary black fire seemed to emit from his body.

This was only the Introductory Stage of the Phoenixblood Marrowforge art! There were still the Small Success, Large Success and Perfection stages before he could complete this training!

Checking himself with spiritual sense, he realized that the fusion between his body and bloodline was nearly perfect. If he had used a Phoenix Marrow Extract, the fusion level would be lower.

“It seems that I can use this technique 12 more times before I breakthrough to the Small Success Stage. As for the Large Success Stage and Perfection… I don’t need to think that far.”

“I can practice this technique 4 times a day. Daybreak, Noon, Twilight and Midnight… Only when the Yin and Yang energy is at their extremes will the efficiency of the Black Phoenix Bloodline be at the apex. The formation converges a small amount of Black Phoenix qi. While this energy can be used for suppressing beasts and converging energy, my needle-infusion technique fuses it into the body! The reforging of the marrow with pure Black Phoenix qi perfectly fulfils the conditions of the Phoenixblood Marrowforge while nurturing my bloodline as well. Also, there is yet another matter…”

Dark Phoenix Nine Daos and Black Phoenix Undying Cycle, these were the topmost bloodline techniques possessed by him! While he could only use superficial parts of them until now, with a purer bloodline from the marrow forging, he could finally practice some of its true power!

“Unfortunately, I was too hasty before this. I used the Five Sacred Beasts Cycle to form a chaoseed within me. This fused the inferior sacred beast bloodlines within me as well. To practice these techniques to the limit, I will have to tear these bloodlines out…” It was inconsequent earlier, but now he had various phoenix bloodline techniques! He could refine a pure Black Phoenix body, bloodline, breath and spirit, transforming his destiny and potential as a mortal! Instead of the inferior mix of bloodlines, a pure Black Phoenix bloodline was much better!

Of course, with the formation of a chaoseed, separating the bloodlines would be a harder job. Still, it was doable.

For now, Heifeng Jiansui felt the adrenaline concealing his pain disappearing. Since meaninglessly writhing under such pain to demonstrate machismo would be a stupid choice, he removed some pills from his spatial ring.

Since his current body was yet mortal, drugs were still effective.

+++

After using drugs in inhibit the torturous pain, Heifeng Jiansui lost all appetite for lunch. Thus, he spent the time refining the ‘Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler’ pillars. He trained the various blacksmithing techniques he had memorized in the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise’s archives, trying to comprehend their essences and fuse them together.

If it were sword arts, he could comprehend their essences simply by seeing one move. But other techniques were a different matter.

Even so, he was a peerless genius who previously surmounted the apex of cultivation. After reading through the manuals, a basic understanding of the techniques was understood by him.

Basically, none of the techniques in the archives surmounted his Ice-Fire Divine Forging Art. While there was a technique similar to it called ‘Heaven Hammer, Earth Anvil’, it used the wind, thunder, earth and metal elements as the base. Moreover, it was incomplete. While it could be used as a base in forming a new blacksmithing technique, Heifeng Jiansui was interested in creating a greater Ice-Fire forging art.

Thus, the sight of fiery hot flames and icy cold frost merging together could be seen in the forge. If the durability of the forging implements wasn’t Earth-grade, they would have shattered due to the rapid change in temperature.

While Heifeng Jiansui forged a few top grade pillars while merging the high-grade blacksmithing techniques, he switched to high grade materials when it came testing out mid-grade techniques. He had to try some low-grade techniques as well. Like this, quite a large amount of materials were expended while creating the forging art.

Sometimes, a low-grade but exquisite technique had to be upgraded to a high grade technique. Other times, a high grade but inefficient technique had to be lowered. A consummate forging technique that would include skills for all the steps of forging, beginning from the initial heating up and purification of the material, to the process of hammering the material into shape under furnace, to the process of cooling down and solidifying the incomplete weapon by quenching and finally tempering the weapon to complete forging. There was the final process of engraving inscriptions and runes on the weapon as well.

It would include ordinary forging, the way of refining the weapon by hammer, fire and anvil. It would include the special technique of using Ice-Fire energy and laws to refine weapons. It would include foundation Black Phoenix bloodline techniques and body control and strength multiplication techniques as well.

This was an endlessly exquisite technique with many complexities. This technique that would have astounded divine blacksmiths was being created in an infant’s room. This fact would have caused many of them to cough up blood in fury!

Finally, the hammer stopped falling as the technique was completed. Heifeng Jiansui blinked as he noticed the pile of weapons forged by him. Unexpectedly, he entered a meditative state while creating the technique!

Looking at them, most of the weapons were top-grade armaments with inscriptions forged on them. Meanwhile, he distinctly remembered using only mid-grade and high-grade materials for forging them. “So I finally broke through that bottleneck… I can now forge top grade weapons from high grade materials!” He immediately entered a jubilant mood after noticing this.

Putting away the weapons in his spatial ring, he immediately took out a blank jade slip from his ring and began to inscribe the technique on it. It was important to record newly created techniques like this. Also, inscribing them would allow him to run through it and weed out any remnant flaws. He had recorded his first technique ‘Boundless Scriptures Showing Dao’ into a jade slip earlier as well.

“Now, what should I call this technique… I suppose ‘Iceflame Phoenix Godforge’ Art sounds good. Iceflame Phoenix Godforge Art, First Scroll complete!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui finished recording the first stage of his second technique created in his second life.

+++

“Sigh… I knew that the stock of top-grade materials was low, but to think could forge only 12 sets with them… I suppose it is enough to breakthrough to Small Success. I suppose it’s time to wait for twilight, then.” Since he had some time left, he took out the Golden Paradise Seal, his sect identity token and entered the Illusionary Swordworld for a quick battle!

The background of a large colosseum appeared around him. “Selection Mode–––Full Random!” After reciting this, the world abruptly changed in a forest. Before him stood a girl wielding a bow. Meanwhile, the weapon in his hands was a spear.

“You used the Full Random arrangement to scrounge for more Merit Points, didn’t you? Well, its time to pay for your stupidity! Die for me!” A barrage of arrows shot out with that remark.

Coolheaded, Heifeng Jiansui only swung the spear formed by his battle spirit at the arrows. The arrows shattered into light that fused with the spear. This was a spear technique called Soulcatching Spear which could nourish the battle spirit by swallowing the battle spirits of others!

Of course, the avatar formed within the virtual arena, the weapons and the body were created by splitting a small amount of spirit energy from the battle spirit. While completely absorbing it would not negatively impact the cultivator, it would certainly force that person to go in secluded meditation for a week or two.

–––––Of course, he didn’t possess a technique that had such an effect. Swallowing about 3% of the avatar’s spirit energy would be a miracle.

As he was caught up in his thoughts, another hail of arrows fell. Almost absentmindedly, he swung his spear to shatter them into light.

A Dao is 10,000 Dao, 10,000 Dao are one Dao. Having united with the Dao of the sword, wielding other weapons was nothing to him as well.

As he slowly walked towards the archer, she realized that her arrows were no match and fled further into the forest. Heifeng Jiansui followed her, trying out his footwork technique.

Every now and then, a rain of arrows would fall, only to be blocked by a sweep. Finally, the girl fell in exhaustion. With a single strike, Heifeng Jiansui pierced her throat and swallowed her spiritual energy.

“Only 3% of her energy was swallowed, as expected. Even though she exhausted her spirit force on the arrows, I could only gain about 2% energy from that. These battle spirit cultivation techniques are too weak, so I will have to design a technique for that too, as expected.” Saying this, he waited for his merit points to be calculated.

[Due to Full Random option chosen, you receive 3 times the merit points! 15,000 merit points awarded!]

[Due to battling an enemy of lower rank, Virtual Arena Rank is constant.]

“As expected, I received higher points for battling Aina due to her higher rank. But the triple bonus from Full Random selection isn’t bad either. It seems that not too many high rank users are connected at this time.

…I suppose I should contact Aina about this. She can tell me contact times for the high rank sect disciples” As he absentmindedly mused this, all thoughts about his disappointing previous battle were forgotten. Even the girl he defeated was left a memory without name.

AN: I am stopping adding the links for now, I'll just turn the first post to a link page... l8r. GN.

Morvian likes this.
  6. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16: Alchemical Refining Frenzy!

The sky was cast in darkness. Not a single star was in the sky and no moon graced the night. Heifeng Jiansui stared at the blackness from the opened windows.

He stripped off his clothes until his body was bare and pierced nine needles into his body. After this, he resumed staring at the darkness in the sky.

As expected, the first violet rays of dawn greeted him at sunrise. The moment the first ray of light struck him, the nine needles pierced into his body seeped into his body. The mighty, dominating aura of a Black Phoenix emitted and illusory flames seemed to burn his surroundings to ashes!

Three days had passed since he began practicing this technique. This was the 12th time, and the final step before breaking through to Small Success of the Phoenixblood Marrowforge!

The aura of the Black Phoenix converged into a shadowy image behind him, and the sound of a chirp was heard! This simple sound could freeze all descendents of the phoenix bloodline in place, dominating them with the might of a superior bloodline!

Along with this aura, a transformation occurred within Heifeng Jiansui. The energy pierced his bones, entering the marrow. The bone marrow within Heifeng Jiansui seemed to grow darker and darker, until it turned pure black! This caused a resultant transformation in the bones and blood as well! The pure aura of a Black Phoenix transformed Heifeng Jiansui’s body from inside to outside!

Marrow, bones, muscles, nerves, blood, skin… Not a single inch of his body was left untempered. Finally, even the bloodline seals on his body began to weaken!

Black Phoenix Nine Daos, One Dao Nine Seals! To unlock the power of his bloodline, he had to break his bloodline seals step by step. While Heifeng Jiansui knew that unsealing the First Dao as a mortal would erect the best foundation for future cultivation, it required a large amount of top-tier pills. After he became the official heir of the Emperor, the Crown Prince, he would have the authority to use them.

But unexpectedly, his bloodline seals began loosening now!

Crack! Crack! Crack!

Three seals unraveled before the eruption ended. An unprecedented feeling of power enveloped his body. Twin streaks of fire and ice involuntarily burst from his palms, alternately burning and freezing.

After putting out the two energies, Heifeng Jiansui couldn’t help but marvel at his current power. The first Dao of the Dark Phoenix Nine Daos was the Dao of Ice-Fire. Having released 3 seals, he could control 30% of the power he would have after completely unsealing the Nine Seals of the Dao of Ice-Fire!

Heifeng Jiansui had only completed the Small Success Stage of the Phoenixblood Marrowforge. There were still the Large Success and Perfection. If the rate of unraveling three seals per stage continued… could he completely unseal the Dao of Ice-Fire by relying on this technique?

+++

After his breakthrough, Heifeng Jiansui returned to forging. He had taken up all the top-rank forging missions he could, for the dual benefits of the materials provided and merit points. Since he had a large stock of high-grade materials and a technique that could refine top-grade equipment with high grade materials, he could simply take the top-grade materials allotted for his personal use!

Since three seals of the Ice-Fire Dao had unraveled, his ability to control and create ice and fire improved by about 30%. This impacted his Ice-Fire Divine Forging Art positively, decreasing the time and skill required for forging.

Thus, the task of forging thousands of weapons and armor took only a week to complete. This was a completely ridiculous feat, only possible due to three seals having unraveled. Putting away the forged weapons into designated spatial rings, Heifeng Jiansui called out the messenger sword of the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise. After registering mission completion, the sword returned with his forged goods.

“Damn!” After checking his Sword Seal for his merit points, Heifeng Jiansui was greeted by two-digit numbers. It seemed that merit points would be credited only after a mission supervisor checked his forged weapons!

+++

“Elder Shenhai, the disciple you have taken interest in has perfectly completed all his applied forging missions in only ten days!” A fat man who was given the duty of supervising outer disciple missions dutifully reported to the Elder who was Ganwu Aina’s master.

“Hmm… didn’t he take several A Rank missions only ten days ago? These missions usually involve forging top-grade Mortal swords. How can he casually complete them in such a short amount of time?”

“Master, this boy took the opportunity to read through the entire collection of the Scripture Hall’s First Floor. He must have found a technique that especially suited him!”

On hearing the man’s words, Elder Shenhai sighed. This man had no comprehension of forging arts, so he ignorantly kept on prattling.

‘Heifeng Jiansui is a Black Phoenix clansman and has innate understanding of the laws of ice-fire fusion. Perhaps this comprehension allowed him to perform such a feat… With such talent, all other Elders would be trying their best to rope him into the sect. If I am too passive, he will not have a good opinion of me. I should send him a gift…’ As he thought this, he remembered that Heifeng Jiansui had decided to major in Bloodline and Battle Spirit Arts.

‘Finding a suitable bloodline or a battle spirit cultivation art must be difficult for him. Due to his talents in the sword, a sword cultivation art would be better suited for him. So, a bloodline or a battle spirit based sword art which has a appropriate foundation for mortals to practice… I suppose I will have to call in some favors.’ After finishing his thoughts, he tossed a pill at the manager before rushing to find a Elder who might possess such an art.

+++

After finishing them up, the A Rank missions they hadn’t been renewed again, and merit points from B Rank missions weren’t good enough to apply for them. Thus, Heifeng Jiansui decided to brainstorm ways to cultivate the Large Success Stage of the Phoenixblood Marrowforge.

“The only viable technique I have is the Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler formation. Even though the manual doesn’t contain more ways of refining better pillars, their primary purpose was to create a formation and not to nurture bloodlines. If I can figure out a way to increase the power of the Black Phoenix aura…” Of course, there were no ways to do this other than trial and error experimentation.

Since the path forward was clear, Heifeng Jiansui decided to begin his experiments. Using the new top-grade Mortal materials, he immediately began forging pillars. And after this, he pierced them into his body and ignited his qi.

He began practicing techniques to use up the excess qi. Even though training the Phoenixblood Marrowforge was no longer possible since the energy was no longer enough to train the art, the surge of energy provided by the pillars was enough for Heifeng Jiansui to battle with the power of a peak Body Tempering cultivator for 2 hours.

Thus, he slowly began modifying the pillars, making them easier and less painful to ingest, increasing the amount of qi supplied, increasing the amount of time using the pillars, etc. Most importantly, increasing the power and density of the Black Phoenix aura!

After some time, Heifeng Jiansui realized that the reason the technique was so difficult to improve was due to ‘balance’. Basically, the Black Phoenix aura was formed by balancing the auras of the nine elements!

Thus, Heifeng Jiansui separated the refining method and forged nine pillars of the nine elements. While they were much better items than Black Phoenix pillars, they did not possess the Black Phoenix aura. After countless trial and error experiments, Heifeng Jiansui created a technique of fusing the nine pillars together and creating a mightier Black Phoenix pillar!

However, while the quality of the pillar was better than nine pillars brought together, the Black Phoenix aura it possessed was far lower than a ordinary set of pillars. This could be blamed on the inferior method of fusion.

“If I want a better technique of fusion, it seems that I will have to step into alchemy…” Alchemy involving extracting the essences of various materials and fusing them together, so practicing it would help fuse the pillars.

After realizing that the path forward was alchemy, Heifeng Jiansui didn’t hesitate. He immediately applied for several E-Rank alchemy missions.

From the bottom to the apex, he had to walk a step by step on his path if he wished to reach the peak!

Morvian likes this.
  7. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man this is pretty good so far! Though some parts are confusing. Well I just hope its not another silly harem haha

P.S The little guy being a one year treated equally is a bit... Its because of his bloodline that they grow fast right? Even so I slap myself silly since I find it hard to believe

8. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    A comment after so long, thanks! Yeah, his fast growth rate is due to being the strongest cultivator in his past life + his bloodline. Which chapter have you reached?

9. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17: Mortal Auxiliary Master!

For a month, Heifeng Jiansui relentless trained his alchemy by taking on various missions from the Ten Thousand Sword Paradise. From the lowest E-Rank missions, he rose to complete D, C, B and finally A rank missions. Of course, he would also take A rank forging and refining missions when they were available. At other times, he fought on the Virtual Arena to refine his battle spirit devouring technique. With frequent battles, he created the rudimentary Soulcatcher Sword technique, capable of swallowing 10% of his opponent’s spiritual energy.

Finally, he reached the realm where he could refine nine pillars of nine elements and combine them to form a dominating Black Phoenix aura! After forging eight more pillars and piercing them into his body, he realized that while the energy from the pillars was mightier, it did not resonate with his body like before.

“It seems that I need to increase my understanding of formations to replicate that resonance…” Saying this, he once again dove into comprehending formations.

It required another month to become a master who could refine top-grade Mortal Rank formations! With this understanding, he still could not replicate the resonance. At this time, a suddenly sent gift unexpectedly resolved his problem.

This gift was a manual sent by Elder Shenhai, ‘Tri-Essence Swallowing Sword’.

Seeing the name, Heifeng Jiansui realized that the Elder must have known his decision of majoring in Bloodline and Battle Spirit Arts and known the lack of techniques of that category.

As expected, the book’s foundation layer could even be trained by mortal who had yet to cultivate. What was unexpected was that the complete, original book was sent; Heifeng Jiansui expected being sent only the foundation pages or at least a copy of the book.

The book had four parts: Spirit Swallowing, Essence Swallowing, Qi Devouring and Tri-Essence Swallowing and could be practiced until the 9th Stage of the Life Desolation realm. Life Desolation was the second boundary of cultivation, coming after Body Transformation.

While reading the manual, a single sentence on beastcores gave him an insight into the problem with the Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule Formation. It seemed like he needed beastcores to create the pillars. Fortunately, he had piled up a sizeable amount of merit points.

The path of cultivation was divided into large ‘boundaries’, intermediate ‘layers’ and smaller ‘stages’. For example, the first boundary of cultivation was the Body Transformation. Body Transformation had nine layers in total, with the first layer- ‘Physique’ consisting of three stages- Body Tempering, Innate Awakening and Blood-drop Refining.

Such an excessively precious manual being sent to a mortal junior was a huge favor. Getting a manual of this level would take him at least a decade with his amount of merit points and clearance. Heifeng Jiansui marked this gratitude in his heart, and vowed to repay it when he had the capability.

After entering the Illusory Swordworld, he was immediately greeted by a message.

[You have reached the realm of a top-grade Mortal Rank refiner, alchemist and formation master.]

[You have completed A-Rank missions in the above fields of auxiliary arts.]

[You are awarded the Rank of a Mortal Auxiliary Master.]

[You can now accept S-Rank missions. The merit points you can gain from B-Rank and below missions have been halved.]

[You can apply for a Platinum-level/ True Disciple Status after completing 1,000 S-Rank missions.]

[You are allowed unrestricted access to the 2nd Floor of the Scripture Pavilion.]

[You are allowed access to the 3rd Floor of the Scripture Pavilion, access restricted to Auxiliary Arts.]

“…How unexpected.” While he knew that the title of a Mortal Auxiliary Master existed, it wasn’t that easy to attain. It needed the verification of an Elder along with the requisite skill and mission completion.

It seemed Elder Shenhai held high influence in the sect.

Before looking at the 2nd Floor of the Scripture Hall, it would be wiser to have a glance at the S-Rank missions in the Mission Hall. Thinking this, Heifeng Jiansui immediately went to the Mission Hall and checked the S-Rank missions.

S-Rank Mission: Refine low-grade Spiritual Tool ‘Swipefang Blade’

Reward: 50,000 merit points

Materials Provided: Grade 1 Fire Beastcore, 10 top-grade Mortal Rank Fire attribute materials…

Seeing the mission involved refining a Spiritual Tool, I wasn’t surprised anymore. While Refined Weapons required continuous infusion of qi to keep their strength and durability at the strongest, Spiritual Tools required only a beastcore to be bound to them.

These kinds of weapons were similar to heated weapons like guns, requiring ammunition rather than physical strength.

Other S-Rank missions involved refining Spiritual Pills, Talismans and Formations. All of them required beastcores as ingredients. Thus, the worry about buying beastcores was removed.

After browsing around the Mission Hall, Heifeng Jiansui left the Illusory Swordworld for reality. As before, it was time to inform his mother of his advancement.

+++

“So you are a Platinum-Rank disciple now, huh? You are thus eligible for higher quality resources. If you use them well, your strength will be raised without impacting your foundation. But Heifeng Xingmei isn’t lacking, either! She has actually trained the Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler Art to the 3rd layer and can fuse with the blood essence of beasts to raise her strength!” As my mother warned me, I pretended to nod in attention while masking my indifference.

“The Black Phoenix Allbeast Ruler Art and the Five Sacred Beasts Cycle are top-level techniques that complement each other well. Heifeng Xingmei has the backing of the Five Sacred Beast Sect as well, so beast bloodlines are easy for her to obtain. That said, the influence and backing from her sect pales to you. Elder Shenhai is an existence who could sweep through the Black Phoenix Great World unhindered!” Saying this, my mother stroked my head.

“Also, your birthday’s coming up in a month! Only the first birthday is a celebration open to all in the inner palace. For your second birthday, we can have a simple private ceremony. The only attendents will be me, your father, Heifeng Xingmei and her mother as well. Also, if you manage to get Master Shenhai to attend, it would be better.” Hearing his mother’s words, Heifeng Jiansui realized that his important birthday’s arrival. As expected, going into seclusion to memorize all the 2nd Floor Scripture Hall’s manuals was not possible…

+++

Since he had the time of a month to spend, Heifeng Jiansui decided to read up on all the Auxiliary manuals on the 2nd and 3rd Floor of the Scripture Hall. After all, he possessed a supreme manual for Bloodline and Battle Spirit techniques, so he was no longer desperate to find low-grade manuals and piece them together to create a passable technique.

Six hours later, when he memorized the techniques, Heifeng Jiansui read some mental cultivation arts to upgrade his Boundless Scriptures Showing Dao technique. After this, since all his preparations were done, he went to the Mission Hall and selected all the S and A Rank missions.

It would take a day for the flying sword carrying all the materials to come to the Royal Palace. During this time, Heifeng Jiansui decided to complete some minor tasks.

+++

After writing an invitation for his birthday celebration to Elder Shenhai and Ganwu Aina, Heifeng Jiansui sealed the letter in a sword talisman. The talisman flew out of the palace, flying towards the recipients. After this, Heifeng Jiansui left towards the Royal Kitchens.

After the exhausting day, a quick bite would make him more perky. He had limited time after all, so he couldn’t let his condition fall!

In the Royal Kitchen, he went near the chef and asked for a Heavenly Bull beef dish. After the chefs scrambled to fulfill the prince’s wishes, he sat alone in the private room waiting. Just then, an unexpected figure appeared near him.

“It’s been a while, brother.” Heifeng Xingmei seemed to have gone through a transformation since the last time they met. Her body and voice seemed to have been designed to tempt even the heavens!

Her jadelike figure seemed to carry the essence of erotic lust and unmolested innocence. Her qipao concealing her figure seemed to carry an invitation to tear it off. Her eyes, nose, lips, ears and skin were pure and exquisite, reaching the apex of beauty. Her hair which were previously tied in a bun, fell like a gorgeous waterfall behind her. He bust and hips proudly jutted out from under her qipao, causing the fires of lust to burn even within a monk.

To this beauty that was a heavenly treasure, Heifeng Jiansui still kept his indifference, “Xingmei, your height has increased. It seems like you have been drinking milk.”

Hearing his words, Heifeng Xingmei felt a strange amusement fill her. This unpredictable, unfathomable brother of her was someone who she felt a deep desire to conquer. “It isn’t due to drinking milk. A Black Phoenix clansman enters puberty at the age of 7. It’s been nearly a year since then, but you weren’t even willing to step out of your room, forging, forging, forging all day! So, tell me the truth, how do you feel seeing your little sister’s peerless beauty~!”

“Your chest is still flat as a washboard. Not peerless enough.”

Hearing her brother’s words, Heifeng Xingmei pressed her chest at Heifeng Jiansui’s back. “So brother’s filthy mind is focused on my chest. Ah, how shameful~.”

“I am not interested in flatboards, go bother someone with lowlier tastes.” Hearing the deadpan voice again, Heifeng Xingmei burst out in laughter.

“Brother, you are too funny. By the way, do you still remember our promise from back then? You promised…”

“…To refine you a top-grade Mortal Rank weapon. I am not that forgetful. I am now a Mortal Auxiliary Master, so forging a top-grade Mortal weapon is as easy as flipping my palm.” Almost carelessly, Heifeng Jiansui revealed his current skill to his sister.

“I need a weapon suitable for a beastmaster, a weapon that has the Black Phoenix’s attribute of Allbeast Rule… Can you refine it?” Even Heifeng Xingmei knew it was a tall order. Why would her brother expend his skills and resources in nurturing an enemy, yet…

“…With only a mortal body, you forcefully used your blood essence to cultivate the Black Phoenix Allbeast Rule to the 3rd layer and bind the bloodlines of beasts to raise your strength. And now, the forcefully fused bloodlines are trying to rebel…” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s words, Heifeng Xingmei’s heart froze and tears seemed to glisten in her eyes.

“Well, since it concerns your life, I’ll refine a weapon for you as fast as I can. You prefer spears, don’t you?” Expecting his refusal and finding out that he had unexpectedly acquiesced, a strange feeling filled her heart. Suddenly, she nearly pounced on him.

With her larger figure and Heifeng Jiansui’s unwariness to anything without killing intent, she immediately captured him in a hug. Soft breasts pressed on his chest.

“Are they big enough for you?~” A seductive voice whispered into his ear.

“What are you doing? What if the kitchen staff see?” Heifeng Jiansui whispered back.

Hearing this, a smug smile lit up on Xingmei’s face. “I specifically told them to leave us alone for a private meeting. What, you didn’t think that your beef is taking too long to arrive?”

“Think of this as free service, I will give you something better once you present me your spear~” With ambiguous words concealing many implications, Xingmei pulled Heifeng Jiansui closer for a kiss. Surreptitiously, a tongue pressed its way into Heifeng Jiansui’s mouth.

In a private room just outside the Royal Kitchens, two siblings partook in forbidden incestual lust.

Morvian likes this.
  10. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Im caught up... I was going to say i love how it gives the CN feel but this is just weird for me now...Hahaha...

11. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18: Ninebless Phoenix Island

And a month passed, with his second birthday arriving. Today, there were only six guests present. Along with the Emperor, Chanlong Yue, Heifeng Xingmei, her mother, even Ganwu Aina and Elder Shenhai were present as well.

Without any meaningless posturing, I simply thanked all of them and presented their gifts. All of them were low-grade Spiritual Weapons fitted with Grade 1 Beastcores. Even so, their value was even higher than top-grade Mortal weapons. The most powerful weapons were the paired swords given to his mother and the Emperor. With Heifeng Jiansui’s mastery of Auxiliary arts, these weapons were countless times more elegant and mightier than the paired blades he had presented in the past.

After that, came the weapons presented to others.

Elder Shenhai and Ganwu Aina were gifted a sword formation with the foundation arts of the Ten Thousand Sword Sect as base. They both looked at his work with admiration. While the sword formation was useless to Elder Shenhai, he could pass it on to Aina. As for Aina, she couldn’t help but marvel at Heifeng Jiansui’s skill, increasing her innate desire to obtain him.

Like before, Heifeng Xingmei were given spears as gifts. While their weapons were clearly inferior to everyone else, they were still Spiritual Weapons and thus, appropriate face was given. Only Heifeng Xingmei could perceive the aura within her gift, an aura that seemed to penetrate into her blood and quell the rebellion wracking her from inside. The moment she poured her qi into it, the rebellion was completely suppressed. She had a grateful smile to Heifeng Jiansui. Even though he didn’t glance at her, she heard his voice surreptitiously enter her ear.

“Please don’t ‘repay’ me for now, I am still a child. Please keep the fact that we are blood siblings in mind. Please remember the battle that shall occur 5 years later. Also, please be conscious of your bust; it fails to move me!”

Hearing the voice transmission, she nearly spat blood. ‘Is my bust truly so pitiable?’, Heifeng Xingmei couldn’t help but pat her chest in disbelief.

When all the gifts were given, Heifeng Jiansui decided to meet the two figures who were fellow sect disciples. Elder Shenhai greeted him with a pat on his back. “Boy, while your auxiliary techniques are good, your sword technique must have surpassed them, right? Innate swordlight on all the swords of the formation, this would grant you 1,00,000 merit points with ease! Before this, I got you the complete Tri-Essence Swallowing Sword, so I was planning to cheap out… but your gift put me in a conundrum!”

Meanwhile, Ganwu Aina simply bowed to him in thanks instead of attempting to converse with him. Reasoning that Elder Shenhai’s appraisal of his displayed sword technique must have discouraged her, Heifeng Jiansui did not attempt to initiate conversation either.

As for Heifeng Xingmei, she wouldn’t attempt to make lascivious moves in the presence of these many people. She and her mother simply stood off to the side, but her mother gave an acknowledging nod to him before looking away; she must have realized the effects of the spear on her daughter.

And after this came the time for receiving gifts. Ganwu Aina passed him a Spiritual Cultivation Art called ‘Sword and Book Heart Refinement’. “This book is meant for cultivators training in the final stage of Body Transformation boundary, Daoheart! It is a peerless mind-spirit training art, so use it well!”

Meanwhile, Elder Shenhai granted him a book as well. “This technique is called 999 Phoenix Nirvanic Dominion! You might find it useful later on…” After saying this, he took Ganwu Aina and left. After all, they had attended their sect talent’s birthday and granted him a gift. Their purpose was fulfilled.

After this came the mother-daughter pair. Heifeng Xingmei and her mother presented me a jade box. “This contains a Phoenix Essence Talisman. It is impossible for my daughter to utilize, but you should find a way. I wouldn’t have given you something this precious if you hadn’t done such a gigantic favor for Xingmei.” Saying this, they both bowed to me before leaving.

And finally, his parents came before him. Since his mother had granted him gifts earlier in private, she only made small talk with him. Finally, the Emperor began speaking. “This is the bestowment of a dominion. Usually, this occurs only after the Crown Prince is selected, but I decided to grant you this earlier. Use this jade slip and select your own rule.”

Hearing the Emperor’s words, Heifeng Jiansui remembered Elder Shenhai’s words before parting. He immediately pierced his divine sense and began reading the dominions available.

After looking through jade slip, he finalized his decision. “Please grant me the Ninebless Phoenix Island!” It was a solitary island shaped like a phoenix claw and covered exactly 999 sq. km. However, it was located away from civilization and sects, so Heifeng Jiansui would need to have supplies sent to him and a maid to take care of his needs.

“Good decision! You can choose a maid to follow you. The island does not have a teleportation formation, so you will be granted Dao Talismans for return. You can cultivate there in seclusion!” The Emperor praised him for his decision before returning. His mother followed, signifying the end of Heifeng Jiansui’s second birthday.

A/N: 900 words long, sorry!

Morvian likes this.
  12. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god, rich son gained an island for his birthday at 2 years old?!!!

13. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a prince, you know. Since he'll eventually rule the world, he can get started with an uninhabited island for now!

14. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19: Ninebless Phoenix Island (2)

Meanwhile, in the palace’s Servant Quarters, a commotion had begun.

“The Prince was awarded a dominion! He is coming to pick out maids to take with him! All of them have to be below the age of 16!”

“The maids will be allowed to pick scriptures from the Royal Scripture Palace! They will also be given resources to boost their cultivation, as their duty is to protect the Prince!”

“While the prince is quite young now, the maids will be given the duty to warm his bed when he has grown! They might even be promoted to the status on concubine if they serve him well!”

Countless rumors and gossips were exchanged in the clamor. The prince’s tastes in women, his preference to posing older, his skill in auxiliary arts and sword techniques… Many things, true and untrue were talked about in crazy fervor!

The commotion only ended when a woman graced with royal splendor appeared. She was Chanlong Yue, Heifeng Jiansui’s mother who had come to pick out her son’s followers!

“Within 12 breaths, bring all girls under the age of 16 with bloodlines of more than 40% density before me!” At her imperious command, the head servants scrambled to carry out her command. Finally, 18 girls were selected.

“All of you, come to meet my son! If you are fortunate enough, you might be selected and have your fate turned around!” Hearing her words, all the girls unconsciously perked up, all set to make their best impression to the young prince.

+++

The 18 nervous girls came forward and bowed to the young prince. Heifeng Jiansui looked regal in the clothes he had picked out for his birthday.

“One by one, come near me and show your palms. I will examine your root bones and bloodlines.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui had a nonchalant expression on his face.

The first girl brave enough to come forward was a blue haired loli with a heart shaped face. He came before Heifeng Jiansui and began, “Milord, this slave’s name is…” but was interrupted by the Prince’s sudden bark.

“Present your palm!” Hearing this, the girl was terrified and immediately thrust out her palms. Heifeng Jiansui’s ten fingers lightly pressed onto the acupoints on the palms as he sent out spiritual sense to examine her as well.

“Age: 13, mediocre root bone, Blue Kirin bloodline, 40% density… Enough to qualify on a minimum level but not enough to satisfy me… Next!” The girl dejectedly returned and another girl came forward. Heifeng Jiansui coldly looked at the bevy of girls as he roughly evaluated their physiques with divine sense.

“Not good enough… I think two of them are up to it, but that means I need three more… I suppose I’ll raise the qualifications to the age of 18… no, 21 and maximum cultivation of Third Layer Physique, Blood-drop Refinement.” After sending this information to his mother via mental transmission, he began to check the talents of the girls via palm reading.

“Age: 15, decent root bone, Ice Phoenix bloodline, 20% density and Azure Roc bloodline, 25% density… I should have specified that 40% density of a SINGLE bloodline was needed, you do not qualify. Next!” One after the other, girls were disqualified from the honor of becoming the Prince’s maid. These girls had been raised unknowing of certain vital cultivation matters, so they didn’t realize that Heifeng Jiansui’s minimum qualifications were enough to enter the ranks of inner disciples of the Five Sacred Beast Sect!

“Age: 16, top root bone, White Kirin bloodline, 50% density… a rare genius. You are qualified, next!”

“Age: 13, high root bone with blocked meridians, Turtlesnake bloodline, 65% density… you also qualify.”

Heifeng Jiansui looked at the two girls with interest. He could nurture their root bones and cultivate their bloodlines with pills, but it still required a certain threshold. Unblocking meridians with acupuncture needles was trivial for him.

“Both of you are the best from the batch. You,” Heifeng Jiansui pointed at the White Kirin bloodline girl, “Your cultivation is still in the Body Tempering stage, so you haven’t completely solidified your foundations. I will grant you some manuals to swiftly break down your original foundation and start anew.”

After this, he looked at the girl of the Turtlesnake bloodline, “Thankfully you haven’t begun cultivation yet. As such, there is no need to break down your cultivation. After unblocking your meridians, I can give you top grade manuals to train in from the start!”

Hearing his words, they couldn’t help but have complex expressions on her face. The White Kirin girl could not help but feel that her three years of cultivation was a waste. Meanwhile, the Turtlesnake girl was secretly happy at her ‘lack of talent’ that kept her from gathering a strand of qi!

“I thus grant you the honor of becoming my personal maids! State your names!”

“This servant’s name is Xuehu Ying! I thank milord for his kindness!”

“This servant’s name is Gui Tian’er! I thank milord for his kindness!”

A white haired girl who was quite tall for her age and a short black haired girl bowed to Heifeng Jiansui. He coldly nodded at them.

“Other than these two, everyone has failed to qualify, so you all may return. Since all of you had your physiques evaluated by me, I suppose I will grant you some good fortune.” With a wave of a hand, slips of paper were blown at the girls. “On these slips, I have written the name and description of a low-quality cultivation method. Take these slips to the Scripture Hall and ask for that method. If you diligently cultivate that technique, your foundations will become more solidified, enough to break past the bottlenecks that your low talent will impose on your cultivation path!” Saying these words, Heifeng Jiansui waved his hands, ordering the servants to return.

Finally, the only people in the room were Chanlong Yue, Heifeng Jiansui and the two new maids.

“Take these two tokens. They can transmit spiritual sense, so I can remotely contact you. Keep them on your person at all times!”

“Both of you… I have obtained permission to grant you top-grade cultivation arts. Go to the Scripture Hall and request for the arts mentioned in the slips I sent to you... and do it after all the other servants have left. After I select maids from the older servants, I’ll call for you.” Heifeng Jiansui’s tone was noticeably warmer. The two girls obediently bowed their heads and left.

“There is such lack of talent among the servants of the castle…” Heifeng Jiansui spoke his true thoughts in the company of his mother.

“They are only servants, after all. If your father would have allowed a pick from the nobilities and the courtier’s children, you would have a greater number of talents…” Chanlong Yue commiserated with her son, her jadelike hands waving as she spoke.

“Father actually brought that up, but I refused. I need servants who know their place, not backbiters plotting to stab my back.” Heifeng Jiansui refused to deal with political factors if he didn’t have to. In the end, he was destined for greater than this Black Phoenix great world!

“If there is truly a lack of talents in the palace, there might be some worth cultivating in the Ninebless Phoenix Island. There is a small village in your dominion. They cannot expand as the formations protecting from monstrous beasts is only restricted to a small space, but it is quite good already.”

“The Ninebless Phoenix Island was named after the Ninebless Phoenix Sect, an all female Phoenix sect with 10,000 years of history… During the war with Divine Dragon Great World only 500 years ago, the sect was destroyed. The invaders raped all the disciples to steal their Primordial Yin, and the villagers are the descendants of the great sin.” Heifeng Jiansui calmly stated this, causing Chanlong Yue’s face to pale.

“That so. You must have learnt this from the Scripture Hall. Then let me give you some more information. The sect’s destruction caused the resentful thoughts and final wishes of the disciples to converge and fuse into the sect’s grand formation. The formation, which should have broken down after the sect’s destruction, somehow was reconstructed and sealed away the Ninebless Phoenix Island, causing the invaders to be trapped in it. They were struck by countless curses and were unable to return. Finally, forces from our empire’s army arrived at the island and slaughtered the misfortunate invaders. This is the island’s bloody history.”

“So… what happened after this? Since the invaders were completely exterminated, what happened to the loot from the sect? Was it confiscated by our Empire?”

“…No. Not only were the sect’s items not found, even some of the invading force’s items disappeared. The items must have been used by the formation to reinforce itself. After this, the formation slowly expanded in power, until it permeated over the entirety of the island. It controls the beast’s bloodline, imparting hints of dragon and phoenix bloodline to nurture them. Also, the villagers also seem to have been influenced by the formation. While dragon bloodline is not insignificant among the villagers, it is only passed down in females. No males of draconic descent are born in the village.”

“You might be thinking, why is such a dangerous formation not destroyed yet? In truth, the Emperor suspects that the formation has birthed a spirit and he hopes to use the formation. It is a formation of phoenix descent and our Black Phoenix clan treasures such items. We have stopped searching for the sect legacy and even sacrifice dragon and phoenix blood to it, hoping to engender some measure of trust with the spirit.” Saying this, Chanlong Yue stopped her explanation for some time, before remembering something and carrying on.

“Xingmei’s mother passed you a Phoenix Essence Talisman, didn’t she? That was a Sect Identity token when the sect was active. You can use it to gain insight into the sect’s legacy. At the very least, the formation won’t consider you a enemy if you have it on you.” Saying this, she finally stopped speaking. The reason behind it was the arrival of two head servants.

Both of them bowed twice, once to Chanlong Yue and after that, to her son. “We have gathered all the young servants worthy of the young prince’s attention! Shall we call them inside?”

+++

“Age: 18, top root bone, Fire Kirin bloodline, 60% density… but a cultivation of mid-level Innate Awakening... Your foundation is based on inferior techniques, not qualified, next!” Seeing the spectacled girl turn away in dejection, Heifeng Jiansui felt disheartened. This girl was a top talent, but her cultivation was too high for the foundations to be changed.

Looking at the few girls remaining, it seemed like he would have to pick out a talent from the Ninebless Phoenix Island. There didn’t seem to be any talents with good foundations remaining.

“…cultivation of mid-level Blood-drop Refining, you are a true talent but…”

“…bloodline of Azurewolf, too common and without elemental affinity…”

“…low-grade root bone, it will be difficult for even your Ice Phoenix bloodline to breakthrough…”

One after the other, all servants failed Heifeng Jiansui’s expectations. Finally, a quite tall 21 year old girl bowed to him. She had a well-toned body and calluses on her palm were visible, but the strange thing about her was…

“No cultivation?” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s surprised words, she lowered her head.

“…Just show me your palm.” On his command, she quickly thrust out her palm with a lowered head.

“Your root bones are the sturdiest I have ever seen, and with your physical training, you have squeezed out all their potential. But it seems that your meridians are sealed… since your body is tempered well, it will be quite easy to resolve. As for your bloodline…huh?!” Heifeng Jiansui was temporarily rendered speechless!

Among the servants he had seen through, other than Phoenix bloodline wielders, most of their bloodlines were Draconic lineage. The reason behind this was that dual-cultivating with dragon-lineage women would bring the most advantages to phoenix cultivators; the so called “dragon and phoenix as one”.

While there were a large variety of dragons, the palace mostly had Ice and Fire attributed bloodlines. There were some rare Earth Dragon bloodlines as well, but they were quite few with lower density. But this girl was a Azure Dragon bloodline possessor, and furthermore, it was a Perfect Azure Dragon bloodline!

Top-grade root bone, Perfect Azure Dragon bloodline… She was a shoe-in candidate to become a Chosen Disciple of the Five Sacred Beast Sect, ranking above even True Disciples! After going countless stacks of hay, he had finally found the needle!

“…You have a quite dense Azure Dragon bloodline. Even though your lack of cultivation is a problem, it can also be good fortune due to not having a foundation to re-establish. You have also been tempering your body well, so your root bone has not lost potency due to lack of use. I suppose I will take you as a maid, then.” Heifeng Jiansui knew that this girl was unaware of her bloodline, or she would have her meridians cleared already. He would casually give her some pills and she would unexpectedly end up ‘perfecting’ her bloodline; this would inculcate a sense of debt towards him, her benefactor!

“State your name, then.”

“Qinglan Weiwei greets the master!” Overjoyed, the girl furiously kowtowed to her master. At this moment, he handed her the token that allowed him to remotely communicate with her.

The moment Heifeng Jiansui proclaimed her as his new maid, an uproar sprang up!

“That trash has been unable to gather a drop of qi all along, and the Prince took her as a maid?!”

“Does the Prince have eyes, this trash…?!”

“A small carp like her leapt through the Dragon’s Gate today?”

Heifeng Jiansui could hear the insults clearly. Looking at his new maid’s expression, it was filled with humiliation and resentment. All through her 21 years of life, she had been put down by her peers! And now, even on her golden day, their words didn’t stop biting!

“Shut up.” Heifeng Jiansui’s cold voice froze the chatter. He immediately pointed out 5 servants from the group. “You five who dare insult my maid, come forward.”

Fearfully, the five women came before him and kneeled. “Forgive us, young master!”

To their desperate cries, Heifeng Jiansui only snorted. “The one you should be is not me, but her.” He pointed at his new Azure Dragon. “You are my, the Crown Prince’s maid. Naturally, you rank far above these junior servants. Handle them as you see fit!”

Qinglan Weiwei had a cold expression on her face. “On account of being acquaintances, I shall not be too ruthless. Both of you, you are henceforth fired from your posts as servants. Thus, this Palace housing the Imperial Family is forbidden to you! Begone or face execution!”

On hearing her words, both of them were frozen for a moment. Their faces turned pale before they furiously kowtowed to her, even pulling at her leg to kiss. She simply kicked them away, repeating, “Begone or face execution!”

Hearing this, the girls reluctantly turned away to leave. One of them wanted to leave some parting words, but seeing Qinglan Weiwei’s cold stance, turned away restricting all doubts and grievances to her heart.

“Quite decisive.” Heifeng Jiansui praised his new maid before turning to look at the group of servants. “You all can leave now.”

Silently, the women left. Today, Qinglan Weiwei had showed her dominance; only a fool would dare cross her now!

“Then the recruitment of maids has ended… I suppose it is time to open up your meridians now. Let me take you to meet your colleagues as well…” Saying this, he sent messages to convene in his residence to the two girls.

Heifeng Jiansui and Qinglan Weiwei walked together. They were taking the first step to awaken her destiny!

A/N: This chapter was quite fat, nearly three times the size of the previous chapter... Consider this compensation. And the first arc really ends in 6 chapters so get set!

Morvian likes this.
  15. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a review, if anyone has been keeping up plez tell ur opinions! @Trent

16. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    Try uploading at royal road if you have time... the people there comment more...
    Royalroadl is the website name

17. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20: Acupuncture Master

Inside his house, Heifeng Jiansui introduced the maids to each other. “Now that you two know each other, let me inform you of your duties as my maids. Other than cooking, cleaning and other typical jobs, you also have the duty to protect me with your lives!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui glanced disdainfully at them.

“Forget about other threats, even I can dispatch you three in moments with my strength! If I am a useless mortal who can be cut down by a true cultivator in a moment, you are like the wind which cannot even stand against the cultivator’s blade!” Hearing this, the maids couldn’t help but try and hide their faces! Their young master was Mortal Auxiliary Master, he certainly had skills that could dispatch entry-level cultivators and treasures which could buy him time while facing mightier foes!

“That is only natural, I chose you all for your potential, not your strength. In truth, with your potential, you could easily enter a local sect’s inner sect. While I could have chosen from the young generation of the Royal Palace, those pampered children would only make a hue and cry about being forced to move a single finger…” Hearing their master say that he preferred to nurture them rather than more talented nobles caused a warm feeling to rise in the hearts of the girls!

“That’s why, if you wish to be of use to me, you must painstakingly cultivate yourself! I can provide you top cultivation methods, top-grade equipment and pills and even optimal environments for your cultivation! All you have to do… is take advantage of this chance and cultivate yourself to the fullest!”

After saying this, the three maids kowtowed twice to Heifeng Jiansui. “Young master, your grace is like a mountain, something we can never repay in a lifetime! We shall give our energy, blood and souls in serving you!”

“…Well then. Qinglan Weiwei, I promised to open your sealed meridians. Gui Tian’er, a few of your meridians are blocked, so I might as well clear them. And Xuehu Ying, I will properly disperse your cultivation so that no ill-effects are left on your foundation. Follow me…” After hearing their master’s cold words, they were gripped with excitement. Eagerly, they followed him into his bedroom.

+++

“Weiwei… strip yourself and lie flat on your chest. The majority of the meridian openings are located on the back…” Hearing this, Qinglan Weiwei blushed bright before covering herself with a white sheet and stripping underneath. Lying face-down on the bed, she slowly uncovered the sheet until it only wrapped around her waist. The bright red face, the glistening drops of sweat on her peerless body and the twin peaks that were like jade… all this came together to form the figure like a bride on her wedding night.

As she glanced at the boy who imperiously commanded her to this attire, a bashful smile flashed on her face as wild fantasies flashed in her mind. The fact that Heifeng Jiansui had recently turned two years old or that two other maids were watching as well… was meaningless!

Heifeng Jiansui began to prod, poke and grab the exquisite body before him. With every touch, the anticipation within Qinglan Weiwei grew higher…

“You have been training in martial arts since the age of 3, building up a good foundation. While you suffered from a lack of resources, your top-grade root bone has alleviated your troubles. If you had trained in an appropriate martial art exercising the meridians, you might have cleansed them years ago.” Hearing his words, Qinglan Weiwei couldn’t help but regret her past decision. Instead of buying the best martial art, she could have made do with a inferior meridian transforming one…

“…That said, your martial art while focusing on muscles and bones instead of meridians, is still top-grade, allowing the harmonizing of muscles and bones and having an effect on the meridians. You are a step away from mastering it, and had you succeeded, your body would have experienced a phenomena close to rebirth, allowing your meridians to be cleansed as well…” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s words, she couldn’t help her shock at his amazing deductions. There were few martial arts in the Scripture Library and ‘Exchanging Bone and Flesh Transformation Art was undoubtedly the best among them. She had specifically chosen it due to the effects on mastery!

“Right now, I am to begin acupuncture on you. Try to gain some insight in the process; if you actually breakthrough, I will be able to give you some more benefits!” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui took some ointment from his spatial ring and generously applied it on her body.

“This is the distilled medical essence of Azure Dragongrass, a core ingredient of the Dragonblood Pill. Due to your bloodline, using it on you raw is more effective than the pill! Open all your pores to allow the medicinal effect to seep in!” Hearing the word Dragonblood Pill, surprise filled her. This top-grade Mortal Rank Pill was a prized item for all of the dragon bloodline. Luxuriously using its core indredient on her… she couldn’t help her awe at her master’s riches!

“Now, I am going to pierce through your openings… Cry out if you feel the lightest bit of pain.” For a moment, silver needles were held in his fingers, and the next moment they were embedded one by one into Qinglan Weiwei’s jadelike back! She didn’t feel the lightest pain, only numbness and a strange vibration coursing through her body.

Usually, all the needles would be embedded in a breath and all the blockages within the meridians would be cleared out. But Heifeng Jiansui wanted her to sense the feeling of her blocked meridians clearing one by one.

Conforming to her master’s expectations, Qinglan Weiwei completely comprehended the cleansing of her meridian openings. The next moment, she assumed control over the movements of her muscles and began vibrating them, causing waves to ripple on her bared skin.

Gradually, all the muscles on her body rippled and sounds of thunder emitted from her bones. With her own will, her body was going through a heaven-defying transformation! Her outer body and innate bloodline went through a intrinsic transformation!

Of course, Heifeng Jiansui wasn’t staying idle. With a single thought, the tips of his fingers began bleeding and a single drop of blood fell on the needle-tips. With a flourish, the needles one by one entered the meridian openings and the power of Black Phoenix blood essence seeped into Qinglan Weiwei’s veins!

Seeing this, all the three maids were petrified! Heifeng Jiansui had sacrificed his royal Black Phoenix blood essence to nourish Qinglan Weiwei! While phoenix blood essence was unique due to its regeneration, it was still something that nine generations of Qing Weiwei’s couldn’t repay!

When the Black Phoenix blood essence entered the Azure Dragon body, the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the transformation multiplied! Dragon and phoenix came together, and a Azure Dragon formed by bloodline energy towered over her body!

Qinglan Weiwei closed her eyes as the ancestral memories of the Azure Dragon pulled her into a dream. The Perfect Azure Dragon bloodline’s memories were a great fortuitous chance for her…

+++

The Azure Dragon’s shadow hadn’t disappeared yet. Seeing it, Heifeng Jiansui reminisced about the Black Phoenix’s memories that he had inherited as well. Meanwhile, Xuehu Ying and Gui Tian’er could only watch enviously.

After sealing some acupoints on her body to allow her sleep to lengthen, Heifeng Jiansui left Qinglan Weiwei to her dreams.

“Both of you, come here. Since Weiwei is sleeping, you will have to sit on another bed.”

“Master! You have already consumed some blood essence… Is it okay for you to use your vitality without restrain? Why don’t you perform your acupuncture some other day and concentrate on recovering your blood vitality now?” Xuehu Ying said this with a soft tone while Gui Tian’er nodded.

“Don’t worry, I am not planning on expending my blood essence on you two. Qinglan Weiwei had a dense Azure Dragon bloodline, had a robust body tempered by martial arts and her meridians were sealed as well. Since I could easily raise her bloodline density to perfection by sacrificing some blood essence, I did so. Since the two of you have not been training in martial arts and have smaller problems to deal with, it won’t take too long.” Hearing this, both the girls’ hearts were filled with lament about their decision to forgo martial arts for cultivation.

“So Ying, come and sit here. Let’s take care of that sealed meridian of yours.” Hearing Heifeng Jiansui’s voice calling her first name, Xuehu Ying came before him and slowly took off her top before him.

“…Why are you stripping? Just turn around.” Heifeng Jiansui’s needle smoothly pierced through cloth, entering an acupoint on her back. With another thought, the needle returned to his fingers, unstained by blood. Meanwhile, the acupoints on her body cleared, energy began circulating through them like a river.

Xuehu Ying swiftly came off the bed and made way for Gui Tian’er. She had tried to entice her master with her body and failed miserably!

Now, it was Gui Tian’er’s turn to have her cultivation base dispelled. She sat flat on her front body before Heifeng Jiansui, awaiting the acupuncture needle. “What should I do Master?”

Heifeng Jiansui’s cold voice entered her ear. “Obviously, strip.”

A/N: A decent sized chapter. BTW @Bob16 I am not planning to upload on RRL until chapter 25 is completed here.

Morvian likes this.
  18. Bob16

Bob16 [Troll]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmkay~
    When you do I'll be there! (Probably...)

19. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21: Boundless Potential

“Both of you, stay in this room for a while. I’ll check on Qinglan Weiwei’s state.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui left the two girls along in a side-bedroom.

While the two girls were extraordinarily polite around their master, in his absence the atmosphere grew lighter. Xuehu Ying morosely asked, “The young master doesn’t seem to like me.”

“You are the youngest after all. Even if you stripped, your body isn’t worth seeing.” Saying this, Gui Tian’er puffed up her chest with pride.

“The young master is only two years old! He isn’t interested in women yet…” As Xuehu Ying said this, her eyes were glued on the other’s girl’s chest. While it was incomparable to Qinglan Weiwei’s, comparing her chest to it was like a stone facing a mountain!

“Well, the only other reason is talent. With Qinglan Weiwei’s Perfect Azure Dragon bloodline, peerless root bone and her body that has undergone rebirth, among us at the same cultivation stage, she is the most talented and the strongest. I have cultivated for three years, and even though my accumulation has been dispersed into my body, it is still a tempering! As for you…” At this point, Gui Tian’er stopped speaking.

“Heh, don’t fool me! Your ‘advantage’ of your gathered qi dispersing into your body is simply concealing the loss of three years of work! And Qinglan Weiwei has passed through her best time for cultivation! I am certainly the most talented in this batch!” To this, Gui Tian’er had no reply.

“Even though Qinglan Weiwei was talented and trained in a top-grade martial art, she only came close to mastery in 21 years! As a servant of the Royal Family, knowing the benefits of training in a martial art and actually training it are two different things! You can only obtain resources for cultivation, and even foundation building martial arts require time and resources! Before turning 13, even if I slogged day and night, gaining enough merit to exchange for physique ointments was a far dream. Spending a hour or two training in that trash Black Tiger Fangs fisticuffs was the best I could do.”

“But now, I have the Crown Prince’s backing. I can simply request for a top-grade martial art suitable for the Turtlesnake bloodlines to train in and improve my physique! Getting physique ointments and pastes will be easier as well. What Qinglan Weiwei took two decades to achieve can be accomplished by me in two years!” Saying this, she had confidence in her face.

“You are pretty ambitious, I like it. I will get you a martial art manual suitable for you in a few hours. Tian’er, how about you? Do you wish to train martial arts to boost your foundation or do you wish to cultivate in your prime age?” Heifeng Jiansui’s sudden arrival shocked the two girls. Xuehu Ying couldn’t help but blush thinking that her ambitions were bared before him while Gui Tian’er fell into thought.

“Young master, the first layer on the path of cultivation is Physique, so most cultivation techniques would emphasize on martial arts as well… A technique that minors in physical training while majoring in tempering the body by True Qi would be ideal for me.” Saying this, Gui Tian’er hopefully looked at Heifeng Jiansui.

“Not a bad choice! Since you know about such basics, let me ask you: What are the layers of cultivation that fall under the Body Transformation boundary?”

“The Body Transformation Boundary is divided into 9 layers.

The first three layers are called Body-Mind Transformations: Physique, Dantian, Martial Spirit.

The next three layers are the Three-Sea Transformations: Sea of Consciousness, Sea of Blood, Sea of Energy.

The final three layers are Law-Heart Transformations: Law Intent, Bone Inscription and Daoheart.” As she recited textbook basics of cultivation, Heifeng Jiansui nodded.

“As a mortal, it is possible to strengthen the Body-Mind Transformations by simply training in martial arts. The Three-Sea Transformations can be trained with special cultivation techniques designed for mortals. While it is impossible to train the Law-Heart Transformations with techniques, some fortuitous events can grant these transformations as well.

These layers can only be trained to a certain limit and even a mortal who has strengthened all layers will fall to a cultivator who has completed the first layer. This is common knowledge, but do you know the true benefits of training these layers as a mortal?” Heifeng Jiansui asked this to the two maids.

“It increases cultivation speed and comprehension speed of the layers. I have read that a person who mastered a martial art as a mortal can breakthrough the Physique layer in a year, while a person who has never made contact with martial arts will take three years!” I nod at Gui Tian’er’s words.

“Close, but not quite. In truth, reaching the pinnacle of a layer as a mortal lowers the bottlenecks faced while breaking through the layer in cultivation. There are of course differences based on the level and difficulty of the martial art practiced. For example, an ordinary martial art trained to mastery allows for breaking through the Physique layer in a year while a top-grade art will only require three months or so. Now, guess how many layers our Weiwei has strengthened, my dear Ying?”

“Young master… her Physique and Dantian should have reached a certain level of tempering due to her transformation. Her Sea of Blood is the source of her bloodline, so it might have strengthened as well.” Saying this, Xuehu Ying couldn’t help but blush when her young master called her by mane.

“Not only her Physique and Dantian, even her Martial Spirit and Three Seas have undergone transformation due to her bloodline’s perfection! If she is fortunate, she might gain some insight into Law Intent from her bloodline memories! If I grant her the appropriate resources, she will certainly breakthrough the first six layers of Body Transformation in a decade!” I said this with pride in my voice. Since I was planning to begin cultivation at the age of 13, nurturing powerful subordinates was a focus.

Hearing the prince’s words, the two girls were struck speechless. Even breaking through to the third layer in a decade was difficult to imagine, and Qinglan Weiwei would break through 6 layers in that time! It was simply unimaginable!

“If you don’t put in effort, you’ll be left behind, so you have to keep up. I would like that all your strengths would be at a similar level. You can return now, I’ll call you girls when Weiwei awakens. Also, since we will be moving to my dominion, prepare to bid goodbye to your close friends and relatives.” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui sent off the two girls.

+++

That evening, a flying sword bearing a spatial ring with jade slips and manuals arrived. He sent a letter to Elder Shenhai that he needed Five Beast Divine Sect’s disseminable foundation cultivation arts and the man had sent it to him within hours! After sending a letter of thanks, he began sorting through the manuals searching for appropriate ones for his maids.

After finding appropriate techniques, he sent them via flying sword to his maids. Controlling delivery flying swords was something easy to accomplish even in his previous life! In fact, his first contact with cultivation had him controlling delivery flying swords to send resources to faraway disciples!

After that, he looked through the Phoenix lineage techniques and gained insight into them. Heifeng Jiansui enjoyed learning techniques the essence of martial arts passed down from forefathers to the next generation the most. He had even memorized the entirety of the 2nd floor and the 3rd floor Auxiliary techniques of the Ten Thousand Sword Sect’s Scripture Pavilion.

Since the S-Rank and A-Rank missions were recently completed by him, there was no need to forge anything. Heifeng Jiansui had to complete 1000 S Rank missions for True Disciple status, but he had completed only 20 in a month. Like this, it would take a little less than 4 years to rank up!

Complaining about such things in his mind, Heifeng Jiansui casually read through manuals as he awaited Qinglan Weiwei’s awakening.

However, that was something that only occurred that evening.

+++

When Qinglan Weiwei’s awakened, Heifeng Jiansui was immediately informed by formations. Seeing her jadelike nude figure slowly shake off the bedsheet covering her was a sight restricted to only him.

Seeing Heifeng Jiansui watching her, Qinglan Weiwei blushed but did not wrap the bedsheet around her body, allowing him see her nakedness. “So, did you make any gains from your ancestral memories?”

“I gained a body tempering art <<Great Azure Dragon Body>>, a core cultivation art <<Blue Flame, Azure Forest>>, a movement art <<Dragon Ascension Path>> and a spear art <<Spear Like Dragonfall>> as well. They are all complete. Some fragmented techniques are present as well. Unfortunately, I am barred from passing them down…”

“That’s only expected. Here, these are some foundation Dragon cultivation arts. Even though your techniques are a complete legacy, something here might catch your interest…” Saying this, Heifeng Jiansui passed down all the disseminable techniques of the Five Sacred Beast Sect, the draconic techniques from his family library and the few arts he could scrounge from the Ten Thousand Sword Sect’s library. He did tell her not to train in the final arts and only use them as reference, though.

After Qinglan Weiwei put on some clothes, the other two maids were called in as well. After they greeted her, Heifeng Jiansui called her to put out her hand again. He was going to see her accomplishments!

“As expected, Physique, Dantian, Martial Spirit have reached their limits. The Sea of Consciousness, Sea of Blood, Sea of Energy have been trained to perfection as well. Good job, I can sense Law Intent emitting from your… bones… Your have even experienced Bone Inscription! That Azure Dragon Ancestor was too good to you!” Except for her Daoheart, all other layers had been strengthened to perfection.

The current Qinglan Weiwei’s potential was comparable to Heifeng Jiansui himself!

Morvian likes this.
  20. IsekaiSan

IsekaiSan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey hey are there no table of contents?