You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no neutrality here. Neutrality doesn't even exist in the first place - not even judges are neutral, merely impartial. We are fans. I am not saying it's an easy choice, because I too like CKtalon - despite not reading his work anymore -, but it's one we must make.

Like it or not, these translators are harming us by bringing even more traffic to qidian and encouraging this shit behaviour. It's about what kind of scene you want to see in 2-3 years.

2. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    He was just threatening or being aggressive. I am sure he didn't mean it.

It was a remark like 'if today rape is allowed, then tomorrow murder shall be allowed'. A statement that could be made to discourage rape by the fear of allowing of murder tomorrow.

So the statement in my opinion was to discourage qidian aggregating with the fear of viewing other aggregators sites.

Other than that I totally stand with you that viewing translations on aggregators sites hurts everybody. But if you let one to get away with it, will there not be many others tomorrow?

If today we let qidian, a major translation site get away with rehosting wuxiaworld material ilegally, will other with bad motives not follow this example if left unpunished?

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    My post is exactly about the alt accounts. So what if they have alts. They're not breaking any rules. Many NUF members have alts; why always critixize Qidian for the same. Whether they want to argue their side through alts or their own accounts, it shouldn't mean anything, and definitely is not a reason to involve NUF mods.

4. Limetrix

Limetrix Follower of the dao of laziness

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when I thought the bullshit was over qi strikes again

5. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Just being aggressive huh.

Sorry, but he's part of a small but vocal group that believes that NU staff has been paid by Qidian to support them.

I can't help but doubt their IQ, seeing that if Tony actually sold NU, he'd most likely get more cash than what penny pinching Qidian would offer as a bribe. Plenty of mods made posts supports TLors and hate Qidian. Tony's new NU feature...pretty clear why it came at this time. Plus if the mods actually were being paid, then we wouldn't see so many Qidian ranters.

If people still believe NU staff is being paid...they either high or brain damaged. And I can't trust either of those two groups.

And this one believes it so bad, he's planning to boycott NU cos it's QU now. He's dumber than most, so I won't be surprised if he does something stupid.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    kenar, LazyLuong, Shinn154 and 3 others like this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    da Mod have stated about rehosting problem so it clear~ so I see no problem~
    ah tea.png ~ for another impact~ sure another thread for argument~ loop da loop back and forth~

7. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    |ω・)
    Upupupupupu...
    Both sides prepare for War while me and others stand by and enjoy the entertainment. Hiding in the shadows.

8. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    really unexpected move from QI </sarcasmoff>
    they are posing as any villain from any CN novel or are they the MC?
    unfortunately there is $ on the middle of this so that's why they are going in such an aggro way I think...
    you can be sure that they won't stop.

<offtopic> Is there a way where I can filter in the threads, comments coming from let's say ppl with less than X posts? </offtopic>

9. TheSupremeManificentSovereign

TheSupremeManificentSovereign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I'm upset at Qidian's tactics and their general unwillingness to step back reconsider their actions and bring this whole issue to a "happy ending", but I must mention that I am also a little upset at RWX putting Tony/NUF on the spot and trying to make him choose a side. They don't promote novels and they don't 'unpromote' novels; they just list them - If you notice Tony did not list the new links to Novels taken from WW on NUF...I believe that is a statement on its own. Saying this in public and not on a private email is basically using peer/community pressure to get your way, and its wrong.

As I always say, the thing I hate the most is being forced to do something...RWX I love your work bro and all that you have done for the community, but people rarely call you out on stuff (not never just rarely) and you asking a neutral party to deviate from their DAO heart is following Demonic cultivation...Remember your roots RWX the righteous Sect you founded, if you persist you, will encounter cultivation deviation causing to never achieve DAO MERGE and become a hegemon..

**REPENT!!!**

SnowTime, Shinn154 and Hotato like this.
  10. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the circumstances, I think it's more than justified. You can only play the morality card for so long before you get completely screwed over and have nothing left.

11. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are probably right. I was grumpy and on a plane when I made this post.

lemeck, Stark3 and Gunji Murgi like this.
  12. Askurai

Askurai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since they moved to qidan the will have to deal the consequences of their betrayal. They should have anticipated that qidan will not play the nice card, they will play the deception card. If you're out of your own free will jump until such a boat it is your own problem to deal with.

The act of changing the hosting website is not betrayal but following qidan is. Their past actions has shown us the character. and they choose to move to qidan despite knowing what will await them. They may have been naive but being naive is not an excuse. like ignorance will save no one from punishment.

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrugs* I did tell @Tony to stop letting Qidian use NU as free advertising platform, but apparently it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Now Tony, I ask you again, how far are you going to let Qidian treat your NU as their free annex? How far are you going to let Qidian stomp on your goodwill and abuse your neutrality? At some point, you have to make a stand. The later you make a stand, the more they think it's fine to take advantage of everyone, because 'Qidian can always rely on novelupdates for free advertisement'. They will pay not a single cent for traffic, at the cost of killing everyone else's traffic.

Imagine:
    Novelupdates.com , subsidiary of Qidian International.

You never agreed to it. You never said a word. You never received any form of payment for them advertising on your site. But everyone else already knows that they own you and your website.

You have to make a stand some day, Tony. Better sooner than later, when it's too late to do anything and you end up letting go of NU because there's nothing more you can do.

14. TheSupremeManificentSovereign

TheSupremeManificentSovereign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    see this is why I know Qidian is full of shit....straight up owned that shit and without loosing any face....[Kowtows] Praise the patriach RWX

TsukiKun and lemeck like this.
  15. Bro-Shield

Bro-Shield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just connect to internet and qidian makes his move wow

16. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how does qidian get free ads from nu?

why are people dissing at tony? nu is an index site- it should be neutral.

making a stand is banning qidian novels from being indexed? where does the line end- if tony starts choosing what sites to index and so on? maybe he starts charging sites to index them?

nope. neutrality is best for everyone.

17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Links are ads. In any other platform, they have to pay advertising fee or do banner swapping to get people to come to their website. On NU, they simply put a link for free. Now, back when NU first appeared, there was no such thing as 'commercial webnovel translation' because everyone was doing it for free because they want to promote the author. Then we got for profit translators and it was still fine, because some of them are fan.

Then we got Qidian, a multi-million dollar company owned by a collection of big Chinese firms, including Tencent.

Now, up til Qidian, everyone understood NU as being a platform by fans for fans. Qidian changed everything. Once Qidian gets free reign with nothing done to reign them in, everyone gets free reign. Thus NU will cease to become by fans for fans, because these big companies will just bulldoze their way through everyone. Fan translators will then leave and this community will die because there is no chance of their releases appearing to people who never read their stories before. I mentioned this a long time ago, I got flamed, but a few months after I predicted it, Qidian did it.

To make it more understandable why this is not good, let me tell you a brief explanation about TPPA (Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement) proposed by USA to the Pacific and SEA countries. Under TPPA, you and your neighbour can share parking space. They can put their car in your lawn and you can put your car in their lawn. Sounds fair, right? What if you neighbour (USA) has 10 cars while you (Vietnam) has 1? USA can shove 4 cars into your lawn and if USA's car get little bit of scratch, Vietnam will have to pay for fixing it. Sounds fair? Of course, on paper, but the reality is not.

Now bring this situation to our situation, between Qidian and NU. A year ago, Qidian has two cars, NU has none. So Qidian asked NU, "Hey, can we park our car in your lawn?" and NU said, "Sure, we don't use it anyway." and it's fine, because NU also allowed neighbour C to park in his lawn from time to time. They didn't pay for the space, there was no agreement. If one day NU has a car, they never agreed that NU will be able to park in their lawn. And now, Qidian has 10 cars and to put a swimming pool in their lawn, they park all 10 cars in NU's lawn as if they already owned NU's lawn. NU's relatives try to visit NU, but can't, because all of NU's parking space has already been taken by Qidian, and Qidian is not giving it back. So nobody visits NU, because it's a pain in the ass to get a parking space. At some point, NU also bought a car, but he can't even park it in his own lawn, because Qidian already have it full to accommodate the visitors to their clubhouse next door. Does this sound fair and neutral?

As for where it should start and where it should end? When it becomes a commercial venture and no longer by fans for fans, it should be taken out, in my opinion. Making a stand does not mean burning bridges, it simply means "Your shit has gone too far".

18. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan

again, nu is an index site. getting rid of qidian links also damages the views on nu.

in your analogy- the other party is taking a loss due to the other party's action. how does nu suffer because of qidian? your analogy of people stopping to visit- would reflect more if nu stopped indexing sites.

again... it is hella good that tony is neutral. ww vs qi is sad and qi is being an ass- but nu being neutral, is as it should be.

19. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to get rid qidian from nu just use that new feature

20. darkarchana

darkarchana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm sure that NU not a platform by fans for fans since if it is by fans than it must exclude a big company like Qidian. When fans translators work for literature company, they technically become workers for that company and his work isn't a fans translation anymore.

QI make it here only because it's free and we don't know how long it is. I'm sure it will becomes like other chinese novel website where you must pay to read the chapters after it gets its target which is eliminate other fans translators and have many ppl stupid enough to support them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.