Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldiefeaith00

ldiefeaith00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why i hate money and at the same time loving it because you need it. Why is it that people is greedy from oppurtunity why not share it and collaborate...what the fcking...shithead...i know i hate qidian but i cant help.it because i am using it for reading well its convenient. Sigh.. fcking greedy people...fck fck fck.sorry for lashing out.

2. SmurfMeRunning

SmurfMeRunning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're wrong. QI isn't new to the web novel business. They publish more web novels than anyone else in China. They are only now coming after the translations of the said web novels. It's a bit different since they don't own the work of the translators yet they think they can steal it from them.

3. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    True dat. Cant argue with that. This is why i just want to see the world burn. Yup i am already dead inside and novels and others stuff keeps me alive...seeing your one of fav site getting axe or gone...surely its like getting some flesh out of you.

4. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please check the the links in the first post of this thread.

5. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok tnx

6. PaperKing

PaperKing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know what everyone, loyal supporters of WW or not, think about this situation. I myself read at both qidian and wuxiaworld and usually stand neutral, but this situation is really messed up and I really want to know your general opinion.

(I'm standing with WW in this case)
    (What Qidian did was F*CKED UP)

7. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    inb4 merge

8. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. MineralWater

MineralWater NU's BS supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    After all these things that Qidian is doing, i really think they're doing the proverbial "poke it till it hurts, then start from there", Ren's doing this as formal and civilized as possible while Qidian's just acting stupid as sht.. they're just waiting for Ren to fck up... They could just fire their PR if he/she screws up, but Ren is just walking this fine thread while trying to avoid tripping.

10. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the good thing is Ren's former job is a diplomatic so he knows exactly how to handle this mess. lol

FlowingSong likes this.
  11. Seink

Seink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it really funny that QI talk about dual host the novels while doing a DMCA against WW.
    Its like making a contract of partnership, then taking the goods and killing the partner all at the same time....
    I know those two actions are partially unrelated but still it feels quite bad.
    I imagine the DMCA should be due to that last fight, they told they were going to do it, now we can see it was real... I just think its ****** that they want to take down the whole site instead of just the novels that dont fit the contract....well, life is never fair and there are greedy people everywhere...

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  12. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope that the Wuxia Sect Leader wins...isnt it always happens in the story wuxia sect leade lose and the the arrogant wins...and the MC will appear to save the day...but this time who will it be the SAVIOR OF THE DAY?

13. ldiefeaith00

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha...migrated its feels like reincarnated...they think it will just happened like the japanese novel where truck san gets the mc killed and then god san will offer to reincarnate him in other world hahaha.

14. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  15. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. It's actually pretty easy to disable that ability. No, I will not describe how to do so.

16. PaperKing

PaperKing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well honestly they have a reason to be mindless with their swearing. Qidian did steal the translator's years of hard work and also many people's donations. Why wouldn't they be pissed?

Action likes this.
  17. joeglens

joeglens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld let me get this straight.

So QI is posting the 20 novels you had agreement with initially to webnovel.com because of how they interpret the licensing agreement with you when the translators signed up a contract with WW? If it does then this becomes a contract dispute.

And they are going to file for DMCA for the 11 novels (the hosted ones) you had verbal agreement with them?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  18. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  19. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just want to know.
    everytime Qidian did something that involved WW or its translators, WW always make a tread/post about it(like when the negotiation between them went wrong and they went full cra-cra at each other).

What i want to know is that here we have the Reddit top post being about the Qidian "stolen" novels and we also had a pretty big discussion about it here after the Qidian post but WW had NOT POSED ANYTHING about it. NOT EVEN on their own website.
    what i see is that everyone is saying Qidian stole from WW but WW doesnt seem to want to do or say anything about it, which in itself is weird since they were making a pretty big deal about it when they got the rights but now they are just quiet.

and plz dont say they probably dont know anything about it, unless everyone on WW got all their devices(computer, phones, tablets, net cafes) and friends devices hacked at the same time(even though their website is still updating novels).

something is going on between them and neither are saying anything. while people that knows nothing of what is going on are going cra-cra.

ps. on the down low::::::it seems everyone is hating on Qidian because there are talks about them going subscription based just like in china among others. even though a bunch of us was recommending that same idea to WuxiaWorld(along with patreon, and another one i forgot) when their annoying ads thing stated to pop up so that they could pay the translators and get rid of the ads. they also had talk about making an app which fell through.

wow this post got long

Alto_Daris likes this.
  20. joeglens

joeglens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a contract dispute on the original 20 novels that had been drown by too much drama.

It became a dispute when translators made a contract with WW and QI interpreted the contract it had with WW that they had rights now to the translations because the translators are now WW employees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.