Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    No, to OP.

While these threads often do get out of hand they are a good thing.
    If no one says anything then Qidian or anyone can and will do whatever they want with 0 reprecussions.

We need to voice our opinion and give support to those who are legally in the right and condemn those blatantly breaking the law.

These threads continue to inform uninformed people about the issue and who is in the wrong and who is in the right. Which for the issue of Qidian hosting those novels means they are breaking the law.

And people are free to share their opinion of banning a website that is knowingly and uncaringly breaking copyright law. You can't give people shit for that.
    I want Qidian 100% gone from here. But I understand the Mods decision to remain neutral until they put up a paywall or this legal situation is solved.

Mangochic likes this.
  2. ShojiroKatsuragi

ShojiroKatsuragi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, none of the times things got started up on NUF was it WW. It's been QI washing its dirty laundry in public every time. As for the people attacking NUF, I understand their frustration, but I also understand NUF's position, and respect it. People shoulds top flaming at NUF. Save your energy for QI, people!

Araska Mada, Mangochic and IOUmoney like this.
  3. FortColors

FortColors Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that both sides should be barred from posted their propogandic stuff here, but your statement doesn't really make a convincing argument. Swear words in the middle of your statement almost always weakens the statement. Really, I've never seen anything more than a single uncensored cuss word ever help strengthen a point.

Oh yeah and if we're talking about taking sides, no action is oftentimes an action in and of itself. Not that NUF has done nothing. They added a group filter that allows you to remove a single group...... lol I wonder which side that favors.

Araska Mada and Viola like this.
  4. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen @Araska Mada you wanna-be QI shill (your own words in other threads how you want to work for QI soooo bad). Who the hell you are? It's a FORUM where people discuss everything related to novel scene. If your beloved shitty company QI is doing PR disasters time after time you should voice your complains towards them - not towards community which is acting in normal way. It's QI itself who started this whole situation - Ren didn't write anything regarding this - correct?

You are the really annoying person in my opinion with all yours post regarding how orginal writers should work for QI blablablabla, how QI is in bad spot because of such threads blablablabla. Let me enlighten you :

If QI will dissapear from NUF it will be only because of their own shitty actions.

On top of that people are asking NUF to make a stand towards QI simply because QI is breaching ToS of NU - if NUF want to stay neutral it simply mean one thing - the same rules for everybody. Who the hell is QI to have any special treatment?

NaruYuuki, Mangochic and shellshocked like this.
  5. 2835476

2835476 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey @Parth37955 i see this guy cursing people out... so far no consequences.
    Is it correct if i assume that as long as i support NU and curse at other users who have different opinion or state their false/questionable statements or made up rumors.

If it is i am waiting for the right words to share with the community friends and chrysanthemums :)

6. sigmarc

sigmarc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good luck

Araska Mada likes this.
  7. Darkwood

Darkwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are looking for those they have their own section in the forum which is separate from the popcorn factory over here

8. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian International with their current translations are projected to spend $1.1 million in payments to translators over the next 52 weeks. This assumes that each translator meets the committed number of chapters per week. With the exceptions of Epoch of Twilight, Absolute Choice and TMW all of the other novels are a year or two at least before they reach the end of the raws. TMW of course has been caught up to the raws for years. The 1.1 million does not take into account what they pay editors or what they paid for the back catalog of translations.

Is this a sustainable revenue model for Qidian? How long will it take for revenue from Ads to meet the translation expenses?

For other translation websites the drive has been through donations, Patreon and Ad revenue to pay for translations.

China Literature (the parent company of Qidian) only showed a profit of $5.6 million last year. China Literature has a projected IPO worth up to $800 million but the main potential for the IPO is in how they leverage their publish catalogs in other media markets (Anime, Film , TV).

9. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we go a day without another Qidian thread. Sigh*

10. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, do you even see how many ads are on their site????

11. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it won't be long until the discussion for paywalls come up but i hope it doesn't

unfortunately they can't, i tired of this qi drama too but it just won't stop, it's like saying to yourself "just one more chapter" only to read 30 or more

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
    Sky Farrow, juniorjawz and trag23 like this.
  12. Bottle

Bottle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on how much they'll make on ads... but are those numbers in USD?

13. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a profit already has all payment for employees taken out of it. a profit is all the money they earned after all costs have been taken into account. so that 1.1 million doesn't affect the profit anymore. also don't underestimate the power of advertisements.

Suijin likes this.
  14. Bottle

Bottle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently not. But Qidian does have a huge effect on the community, if we don't talk about it, it's a bit like burying our heads.

ZedOud likes this.
  15. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to be insane to believe that projected spending. Most companies, (I know about this I am a mexican businessmen) project numbers which are vastly exagerated. Some of them do this for better reputations and some as a way for employer to steal money from the company. In this case its a little of both I would think.

16. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um..no?
    I use adblock on QI.
    Till some days ago when i read a thread, I never knew they had ads...

17. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they will be able to earn as much. Right now, you can read advance chapters if you watch an ad. (I've only tried this with LOHP which has 2 translated chapters more if you watch an ad.)

This is from 1 reader reading only 1 novel so how about the other people who read a lot more novels from qidian.

18. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now it's like breaking the protective barrier without waiting for it to get destroyed by itself.
    Everything goes down to what thr person thinks...
    I for example hate eggplants..

19. Aethalis

Aethalis 【High Templar】【Professional Lurker】【Atheist】

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea. All I know is that I have been forced to disable adblock on QI because of the advertisements on the chapters...

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    vanilla huh.png how da math calculated?
    can someone calculated it?

Kiki0246 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.