Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mainly because of Wuxadr*am. The fact that machine translations are paid for by Qidian and can be called official localizations really makes me sad. Translators with high quality work have been stopped only for Qidian to take over with low quality shit. Also the monetization of the entire novel translation scene only limits it further. You don't see many new starter translations anymore, it's hard to find people willing to translate for the community/practice rather than for whatever money they can get from a contract.

Stark3, Westeller and shellshocked like this.
  2. letmeusefilter

letmeusefilter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rip my thread
    is there any proof about the mtl tho

Tramsloof likes this.
  3. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    You werent expecting any different results were you? Both in case of poll and the end of the thread?

4. Bottle

Bottle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a huge mistake when carrying the zero. They need to make 3100 a day to make a profit.

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    QI should really take some of that money they are throwing around and hire real american based PR. Regardless of if their actions are right or wrong, a 3 year old can do a better PR campaign then them.

Flores520 likes this.
  6. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the ones hired by Trump? :hmm:
    the last one how long it lasted? two weeks?

7. Kokuyasou

Kokuyasou 黒夜葬

Reading List:
    Link
    http://imgur.com/kmgdpRq
    courtesy of Mystogrigen
    how the hell do i make an image appear without having to click the link lol

8. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    if i'm not wrong
    Code:
    [IMG]LINK[/IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kokuyasou likes this.
  9. Kokuyasou

Kokuyasou 黒夜葬

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU! I really got to use forums more often:blobpopcorn:

kaisersose likes this.
  10. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    you're welcome :blobpats:

11. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that they are claiming some novels. Its now their responsibiity right? It would be a shame if they would just drop a novel even once.

12. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    go to megathread

tamsok likes this.
  13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    8/8 I'll call it.

15. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont care since I can read Chinese~~~ Now envy me~~~

16. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    They would probably drop a novel that isn't making profits, or worse, causing them to lose money. Of course, given how QI's been handling things so far, there lies a high chance that they will have to 'test' the popularity of a novel before giving the go-ahead for translations on their website in the first place. Such as 'dual-hosting' cough cough...:blobwoah:

17. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, the testing ground is oddly QI's own mainsite. The stuff that GT (now a China reading sub) is dual hosting are QI's popular novels (except for the ones that went GT->WW->QI) with the least amount of complaints on tl quality. It's basically to expose those novels to new readership and to gain a following because the daily views on webnovels aren't up to par with the bigger sites. And hopefully, it'll bring those GT readers to the main site for the "bonus" chapters or when they decide to end the dual hosting.

18. jzar

jzar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have gone along with Qi except for a very important point. They have no heart.

Stories we read move our hearts, that is the kind of story we love and will follow. If Qi loved the stories as a reader, we wouldn't have this black hat group walking over our hearts.

By Qi's actions, not words do we know them. Qi has proven the type of heart they have for the people that work very hard at creating good translation. I speak not of the law and that kind of word splicing. I speak of the heart, the soul that the good translations must have in order to have any hope of bringing to English the story the authors create. Otherwise we could all just read the machine translations if we want that kind of unreadable story.

Seeing Wuxiaworld's translations, almost the whole website, pasted without shame on Qi's website is deeply disturbing, it is the black act of a black hat. Don't respect the work done, just take it, lock stock and barrel. Qi with this type of soulless behavior show no sign of respect for anyone, so they will end up with lots of contracts, and translations, and no readers. They can just walk away, without even a sorry, why would they care, they clearly just want all the pie and the rest can go f**k itself.

I won't support that kind of group, a group of people without any intent of treating those who work to bring the tales with respect and decency. Qi wants to bring out a heavy underhanded approach, its business they say, may the better man win. Dirty tricks, no problem.

The very stories they are publishing tell a very different tale, how will readers hearts be able to find a good story to enjoy from such a group. Its just business. Right?

I have read many say, '...whatever I just read the stories and I don't care about the rest.' That is of course perfectly true. It's also true that the stories we enjoy, show that type of heart is one we don't want to read about. How long will it be before the tales we now enjoy became tainted and stained. If the publisher can't love the stories we love, they are in the wrong business.

The statement, 'That's just how the world works,' is often cited. I don't believe that statement will stand the test of heart. Heart is important when you read stories, without heart readers will move on to other stories, the shine will be gone, lots of good tales out there.

I have many tales that I would love to follow, yet for me; They now taste sour, bitter, soulless. That is just how it is for me. I won't follow the stories from that kind of place, I don't need that kind of story in my life.

So Qi, I wish you the best, your new business will shine by destroying what you will never understand. Your heavy hand is a hand that creates nothing but chaos and darkness. You are the curse of all good hero's, you will take home what you have created and you will somehow be able to swallow it down and tell us how good it is.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    UnknownSaint171 and 99 others like this.
  19. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, when a company is worth billions it probably doesn't mind spending a few hundred thousands as an investment to tap into the American-Western market. Its like Walmart, but worse. Just because they are spending big bucks it does not mean is for the benefit of the community.

20. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Proof about the mtl? Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.