Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know i've been thinking this for a while now and i didn't want to believe it cause i've been a long time enjouxreika shipper but what if the only reason why enjou is getting close to reika is because he want yuiko to be jealous of him. Like he really does like yuiko but she's so popular and always has these boys hanging on to her. She also doesn't seem to do anything about it making enjou jealous. I remember in the school festival when yuiko visited enjou's school it showed how much enjou cares for yuiko. Enjou also said that yuiko is a fiance candidate as in not official yet. If they're families have known each other for so long and they seem to get along then what's the problem. If enjou is only using reika to get to yuiko then i'm out :blobtriumph: i'm all for MizusakixReika if thats how its gonna be
    Edit: there was also a moment when reika was attending another party and she sees enjou with yuiko together surrounded by a bunch of guys and reika commented how enjou had a weird smile on.

2. Evelyn Guz

Evelyn Guz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your idea... bakaburagi is the only one who reika can control... and you know, maybe they are like matemathics: - + - = + jaja that the son results a super genius black bellied like his uncle :p

mariamariamaria and Leilacus like this.
  3. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. I mean Kaburagi is smart when it comes to business and academics and Reika is (somewhat) practical/has some common sense. So if they end up together and have a kid, the kid should be well rounded. It would be pretty funny if the kid does turn out to be super black bellied. However, I don't think Reika could handle that haha

4. Evelyn Guz

Reading List:
    Link
    haha Reika would be scared silly if the child become super black bellied, haha or maybe like yukino she never knows, and think that her child is a pretty good boy :p

Miki T and kaguya0401 like this.
  5. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that because of my post, KabuRei shippers have risen.. But I have not given up on Reinjou !
    No way. Kaburagi is the guy Reika is the least able to "control". He only barely listen to what she say when she give him advice HE was the one to seek about Yurie/Wakaba, order her around, used her as a gopher and complained when she wasn't giving him answers fast enough (in the 20's chapters), too blunt, to difficult to handle, and she's even scared to ignore him for TOO long when he bombard her with e-mails. I don't see how the hell Reika can be "herself" with Kaburagi more than with others. And every time he decide something she can't do anything about it.
    Kaburagi should just stay single all of his life !
    Mizusaki is the guy Reika don't need to handle because he's already perfect, and I don't see how the hell he can control her/guide her seeing how helpless he is when she's on empress mode scaring to death other students.! He's the guy Reika is the most herself with (FSH best guy ! Kaburagi go get Wakaba while Reika confort the heart-broken Arima !)
    And Enjou.. Well, he's not a walking disaster like Kaburagi is, I don't see the need for Reika to control him. And she can stand up to herself (that dreamy gut-punch..), dared to sell his love life once (he scared her later though), Enjou know most of the weird quirks of Reika and don't seem to be particularly against them (he's the guy who know the most Reika in the series... Maybe my ship didn't totally sink...), and if Reika and Enjou were to fight, (though Enjou is too smooth for that) Yukino will side with his onee-san !
    AAah.. I'm heartbroken.. I'm totally heartbroken... someone bury me..
    Question about the edit : in what chapter ? I don't recall Enjou attending a party with Yuiko another than this one (207th), it doesn't ring any bell..
    Agh.. This chapter is really depressing.. It make one think that Enjou x Yuiko is cannon.. I don't have the heart to continue seriously shipping Reinjou.. I can totally imagine Enjou being in love with Yuiko.. maybe he made the towel accident and the valentine chocolate on purpose as it would leak out of school? and make Yuiko jealous ?
    But I don't see Reika as a good jealousy material, her rumours with Kaburagi empowers her rumours with Enjou, and she avoid him too much, one might think it's good because then she won't fall in love with him, but it's really really difficult to get to interact with Reika, so much that he have to use Kaburagi/Yukino for that.
    I checked and the only Yuiko x Enjou thing is that he'll make her latte art/whatever she want at home. then said he was going home with Yukino and asked Yuiko if she would come too. that's all.
    I don't think that's it. I feel like Enjou genuinely like Reika's presence, though not sure if romantically. Like that time at the pivoine salon, where they were talking about Bakaburagi being a baka. We don't know anything about Yuiko, except the fact that Reika and Yukino got scare of her, nor do we know her standing. Yuiko wasn't introduced in the novel as Enjou's girlfriend/cousin/fiancee, she was introduced as a fiancee candidate, and somehow it feel formal as hell. We know that Kaburagi while strongly hinting to Maihama that he wasn't interested in her, Bakaburagi couldn't get angry about her/totally reject her because of her relation to his mom and Yurie. Maybe it's something similar with Enjou ? That he can't brush her off ? (but then again Yuiko is so touchy with him I don't know what to think, they really seem intimate). And why is Yuiko so wary of Reika ? I don't see this going the "Yuiko see Reika as a threat then realise she's not and befriend her" route nor do I see Yuiko act like Maihama did, antagonizing Reika without reason.
    Yeah, Enjou and Yuiko seems really intimate, and Yuiko get really touchy with Enjou, and it's suggested that Enjou may have been jealous.. but I still think that I ship Reinjou after all !
    Whether Yuiko x Enjou is cannon or not, I can't forget about Yukino's uneasy reaction when she came at the school festival.. We lack too much informations..
    I dunno whether Enjou whether once tried using Reika to make Yuiko jealous, but his interactions with Reika are the real deal
    Like when she said she wanted to join a sport club, and they got shocked, and she said that it was a bit too much for her and they both stiffled their laughter, pissing her off. Or that time when he said "look like your diet paid off." or the time where Kaburagi got heartbroken, and some time after that Enjou said "your hush money" giving Reika snacks from a bunch of suicide spots, or when she told Kaburagi to try monkhood/homosexuality, and Enjou squeezed her arm hard, went somewhere else and told her "aren't you just trying to seal something troublesome far away ?", or in the firefly viewing when Enjou stiffled his laughter when Reika got boycotted by fireflies, or when Kaburagi said they were comrades in heartbreak and Enjou stiffled his laughter (again). or like the time he walked with her in school and mentionned the fathercon rumours, and got amused when she denied it. Or in that sakura viewing party when he scared her, talking about the blood-sucking hundred of years cherry trees. And then casually talked about her glutton nature. (and... I think I'm gona stop here because it'll take me hours to write all of Reika's and Enjou's interactions. ) Like hell it's just some passing interactions to make Yuiko jealous.
    And Enjou know Reika well, too well, like the many, many times where he guessed what she was thinking, her true nature ( a sheep in wolf clothing), what she really think of the Kaburagi-Enjou duo, exactly what she thinks of Sakura/peaches trees, the fact that she sucks at sport, the fact that she's a brocon and not a fathercon, her superstitious nature, that she's into older men,the fact that she can't waste food, and he even know what kind of food she likes. He even guessed that she had a crush for Tomoe-senpai, and Inokura
    and there were times where it was strongly hinted that Enjou got jealous ! Like that time where he walked with her to his classroom in chap 120
    or when they went on a school-trip in europe, and then Enjou encounter Reika when she try to get souvenirs for Imari, and then ask amused if it's for her brother, before she protest that it's for someone else, and then his face got weird. or that time when Mao-chan happily talked happily about the time when she and Reika were with Imari, and his smile got so scary it freaked out Reika. Or the time when Reika went to the coffee shop she went with Kaburagi to, and then encountered Enjou who teased her saying it was "fate", then asked her how she knew about that shop, to which she replied that she went with Kaburagi, and then his face got weird again (it's all that we can get from Reika's unreliable POV..)
    and when Kaburagi got in their meeting room to discuss WaKabu, and got flyers/magazines about commoner's places to eat and then Enjou came in and made a bitter comment about how they looked like a couple doing something
    AND IT CAN WORK THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Is Enjou using Reika to make Yuiko jealous or is he using Yuiko to make Reika jealous ? * put all her spirit in there*
    hmm.. Reinjou is the best after all.. (after MizuRei)
    isn't it - x - = + ?
    .. wah, now that I re-read it it's one damn big message.. Scary.. I'm scaring myself..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  6. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...that's really not the vibe I'm getting from Enjou though. He tried to avoid Yuiko at least twice (well via Katsuragi) and it was implied that he's been staying in school to "avoid troublesome things at home." There's also the time he slid into 5th place in the class ranks (a new low for him) and well, just other stuff that seems to indicate he's stressed. It *could* be something else but the narrative is definitely trying to imply Yuiko is the source of Enjou's troubles, haha

Rinae, winterprison, izznis and 3 others like this.
  7. Evelyn Guz

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't it - x - = + ?
    .. wah, now that I re-read it it's one damn big message.. Scary.. I'm scaring myself..[/QUOTE]
    haha u know, i left the high school some years ago, it's a miracle that i remember something of mathematics, really (in the u i don't study anything of that lol).
    what you say about enjou it's true, but u know, i don't know how he's going to do for Reika put down her vigilance
    and the last chapter (fanfic.net) in the last part when reika run away from them, enjou put a weird look again (oh well, he did just raise a eyebrown), because before he says something like"Then I can pick up some drinks. Kisshouin-san…?" the last part was like i'm going to pick up a drink for you, so you have to stay here with yuiko and i, well maybe is just my misconception

8. mighty_muffin

mighty_muffin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sailing on Reika and Enjou Ship. However I felt that Enjou was kind of trying to set up Reika with Kaburagi until Wakabu came into the picture. So I don't know how Enjou actually felt about Reika. But the Firefly is kind of way too romantic for a guy to give to a woman who he has no intention for, even if she is a very close friend. Maybe he is a heir to Casanova Village, as Reika suspected.

However I really want to know is what did Reika mean "by surprised, but more than that, what is this sense of defeat" when she learned that Enjou having a date on White day. Did she felt defeat because she was alone or because he is taken? Especially her heart was flustered and skipped a beat for him on Yukino birthday.

Kittsune and Yumika12345 like this.
  9. busyoldfool

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjou is a shady shady man. That's why I'm hoping he's been nursing a years old hopeless crush on Reika, as payback for yanking us around. ;)

Ehhh...I'm sad to say that it's probably just the normal Forever Alone Village Chief brand of envy again. Reika has occasionally been entranced by both Bakaburagi and Enjou when they're looking especially cool, but at this point I don't think she likes either like that (they have to erase her negative image of them first).

Otaku0123, Kittsune, Aeiru28 and 3 others like this.
  10. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm: you know what i think im gonna stay abroad my ship and not jump over. Its just that sometimes because of how intimate enjou is with yuiko i get to thinking something different. If only he was more clear like bakaburagi!! I keep re-reading old chapters to get some kind of sign but everything is so vague and could be viewed differently. @seikyo i could be wrong but i think it was the tanabata party hosted by kaburagi mom where reika noticed enjou and yuiko surrounded by guys

busyoldfool likes this.
  11. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yaay ! Reinjou can go on !
    Can I know what were the instances when Enjou avoided Yuiko ? please !
    Well he did want her to stay
    I don't think so. When Kaburagi turned Reika into his gopher in year 3 of elementary school Enjou thought that Reika was into Kaburagi until she rectified him and he believed her. I don't see anything he does that goes in favor with the KabuRei except the time where he made Kaburagi play the piano for Reika in the Pivoine salon as thanks for Yukino (although I doubt that explanation, it's a possible reason), and never did anything for the Kaburei apart from that (he just requested Reika's help when Kaburagi went into various suicide spots but I don't consider that as settting them up)
    He's been hinted to be shown romantic feelings for her since chap 120 I think, which was either in the end of year 1 of high school or the beggining of year 2 (I think the beggining of year 2), and the raws are somewhere in the middle of year 3, and still has a long way to go for Reinjou to happen. So your wish is probably being granted
    May I please ask in which chapters ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    Rinae and Yumika12345 like this.
  12. busyoldfool

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, it's more by implication - remember when Kaburagi wanted to eat ramen and Enjou wanted to come along? Katsuragi then showed up and Enjou reluctantly went with him. Kaburagi made a comment that Enjou is occupied with a lot of things (implying that he's busy with something troublesome at home). Later, when they went to eat fast food a second time (Kaburagi wanted to show off in front of Enjou) Bird Brain was again pestering Enjou but Enjou insisted on coming along with Reika and Bakaburagi, even lying that they've planned the trip beforehand. Now, it's not explicitly stated, but who does Bird Brain Boy always act for? Yuiko. Combined that fact with Enjou's signs of stress over something at home and even Yukino-kun's implied dislike of Yuiko...well, it paints a picture.

Even if my guess is off and Yuiko is not related to Enjou's stress, I still don't think Enjou would use Reika to make Yuiko jealous. There's no need to? Yuiko seeks him out all the time and it looks like they're practically dating already (sharing the same car, implied White Day date, Imari spotting them watching an Opera together,etc). So yeah. If there's a reluctant party it is definitely not Yuiko.My best guess is Enjou is being pressured by his family to choose her.

Yuiko sure is a mysterious one though. I read a spoiler that she glared at Reika, but if my memory of the raws is correct she never actually shows overt hostility towards Reika (unlike Maihama, Tsuruhana, Moriyama or even Sakura-chan in the beginning). Reika is just scared of her because she thinks Yuiko has a scary atmosphere. Can someone point out the chapter if I'm wrong?

That would be a huge balm for my soul. I like Enjou, I do, but I think he deserves a little suffering for some of his BS.

The tanabata party starts at chapter 265. The part with Enjou's "hard-to-read smile" is at the end of the chapter.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  13. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! THAT IS WHAT IM THINKING!!!! AHHHH!!!
    I'm very much an EnjouxReika shipper but if Enjou is just using our Reika to make that white lotus Yuiko jealous then I'm also out! I'd be wishing I could kick Enjou so hard his guts would bleed! Augh!

Aeiru28 likes this.
  14. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I agree.... After that I will jump into my next favorite Reika x Mizusaki ship. Thinking that he can be similar to Tomoe-senpai, maybe then he can stole Reika's heart...(and become the next romeo juliet pair like Tomoe and his gf)

whiteapparition and Leilacus like this.
  15. dragonkin550

dragonkin550 Well-known lizard-eater

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I've always read Enjou as chasing Reika in part because he doesn't want to wind up with Yuiko, but is being 'encouraged' to wind up with her by his family or family circumstances. The other part is because I think he finds Reika interesting, and considering how few times that Reika has actually let Enjou anywhere close to her in the 10+ years they've gone to school together, that's good enough to pursue a relationship from his side. Reika, with her family in the standing that it has would be able to be with Enjou if she was willing, so Enjou (in my opinion) has always tried to get her to be closer to him & Kaburagi, even if that means Reika goes on 'dates' with Kaburagi. After all, there have been a few times where Enjou just suspiciously showed up suddenly while Reika was dealing with Kaburagi's stupidity.

I could be wrong, but I also think Enjou might be under the misapprehension that Reika is interested in Kaburagi. Some things he's said to Reika over the years (the fact that Reika is always watching Kaburagi to ensure he doesn't get involved with her could be misunderstood like that too) just give me that impression. Hence 'forcing' her to be with Kaburagi alone on 'dates', since Enjou knows that Kaburagi won't even really look at Reika, once Reika gives up on Kaburagi, she might look at him next. And Reika's view of Enjou's actions are, in my view, pretty biased, so she could totally be missing signs here and there.

I also find it interesting that Yukino is scheming to get Reika and Enjou together. I mean, he doesn't seem to have a good impression of Yuiko (I think he hid behind Enjou when she showed up or something like that, I feel like there were other events too I'm not remembering), and he would know more about what's going on in the background of their household than Reika does. So he might be pushing Reika towards Enjou to help out his brother, against the wishes of whoever or whatever group is trying to get Enjou to be with Yuiko. That might also explain why Yukino's mom seems to think that Yukino is being overly 'selfish' and apologizes to Reika & family, despite acting fairly normally for a kid his age, especially given his circumstances.

Well, that's my 2 cents on the matter. Anyone know when the author will resume updates? I've gone way too long without an update on this series...

edit: Another weird thing in the relationship between Enjou and Yuiko is that Enjou seemingly can't say no to her... when he wanted to go out for food with Kaburagi and Reika, he was suddenly stopped by hearing that Birdbrain tell him Yuiko was waiting or something, he seemed reluctant to leave though...

izznis, Otaku0123, saekicchi and 6 others like this.
  16. busyoldfool

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you just said, except this part. I think that's just the Japanese (over?)politeness talking. They tend to be very careful so as to not inconvenience others. Bakaburagi is more an exception than the rule.

I think last year the author also disappeared around this time...there was an update in September? Still crossing fingers that she'll update this month though...

Yep. Which is another point of evidence that Enjou's being pressured to spend time with Yuiko.

Aeiru28 and dragonkin550 like this.
  17. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* looking at the release dates for the raws, you're right. The author seems to do very few chapter releases in July and August... Last year he did none, only 1 chapter in June, and in 2015... well 2015 might not be the best example, the author only released 10 chapters all year that year. On a good note, the author released more than half of all chapters released in 2016 after the start of September... and we've gotten more chapters this year already than all of 2016...
    edit: the really sad part (for us, the readers) is that the author released 213 chapters in 164 days in 2013, and only 80 chapters since the start of 2014...

18. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this make me remember a chinese novel... Maybe oh maybe, Enjou family has a debt(not monetary) to Uryuu family... Something like saving someone. As it is said that Yukino is pretty weak since baby, maybe they save Yukino (or maybe Uryuu owns some good hospital or medicine???). Plus they are some distance family that's why they got a bit hard to refuse them...

busyoldfool likes this.
  19. 1amdude

1amdude Nakamatu Agraulek

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to the family.

20. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    *acting spoiled*B-B-But I'd rather have more chapters!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: *done with acting spoiled*
    Heh, joking aside, thanks for the welcome (y)

busyoldfool and 1amdude like this.